Stellaris thread

Since the other thread 404'ed I thought that i'd make a new thread.

So can we all agree that it's a mediocre grand strategy game that could be a 10/10 with DLC and mods?

Also post your empires

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68551
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682336292
steamworkshopdownloader.com/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682291921&searchtext=
mega.nz/#F!g0ZyjYCJ!UVqw5XwuFwuBTgJ4x7nFiQ!Agx1Fara
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682531990&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone post a torrent of the main game or a mega link w/the pass? And one of the hotfix?

Is it mediocre? sure, but it's better then Distant Worlds imo.

I'm currently part of the largest Federation in my galaxy and trying to provoke the Cold War I'm in into go hot.

waste of trips. how fucking lazy are you that you can't just search for it on kat. Codex is updating theirs so just get that one. I think they have all the hotfixes.

What the fuck do I do other than revert to an earlier save

If anyone cares I managed to make the AI aggressive and if you want I can upload the fix.

kat.cr

I seriously hope you're not implying that he should download hotfix 1.0.2: No robot fun allowed edition

I'll only play the game when it gives you all the options of Alpha Centauri.

what?

sounds like a couple of kill bots to me, you know what to do

From the changelog:
-It is no longer possible to build robot pops on uncolonized planets

i have no idea about the game, what would that imply?

Can we agree, right here and right now, that any game that's released in such a state that DLC could make it perfect is a piece of irredeemable shit because it's a fucking scam from word one

i thought CKII pre-india was perfect. then more dlc got added that broke it

What this guy said.

Robots are useful primarily for collecting minerals on planets that are otherwise not very inhabitable for your native species. Restricting them to being built only on colonized (i.e. habitable) planets severely reduces their usefulness.

This is 100% fact. Paradox should be further vilified for this, as its not an accolade. However, for those who don't pay for any of it, it's a statement that, in time, it will be well worth playing. Paradox truly is the scum of the earth though and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they intentionally withheld certain features like trade routes for the sole purpose of releasing a botched DLC balanced around their in-house multiplayer sessions.

India made CK2 irredeemable. It's a shame too since I quite enjoy horse lords and the associated area of the world that was added.

This game was a dream come true up until I started declaring war on people.
Is it just me or is the war score system a joke? Why does it take capturing half a dozen systems to gain enough warscore to get them to give you a single system? Hell why does capturing a system not give it to you outright?

My very first war I tried to vassalize yibrak bloc, it took 60 warscore in order to demand it so I captured 10 of their systems and was around halfway there until they just started asking for peace over and over.
It takes 100 influence to decline a peace offering so after 10 times letting it autodecline I was completely out of influence and had no choice but to accept the peace offering and they got all 10 of the planets I took back.

It seems the only way to actually win wars is to make the demands so small that you can actually reach them before your opponents drain all your influence spamming peace requests.
So I've been taking one of yibrak's planets every 10 years since thats the cooldown for declaring war, its a fucking pain in the ass and I wish the war system in this game felt as good as the rest of it.

Ever played a Paradox game before?
They're all like this. The larger your opponent is, the stupider it becomes to cap them.

Why are you people asking for DLC?

That’s the first thing I always turn off. debug alwaysdiplo in Vicky. It’s fucking bullshit. No, there is no cool down in reality. The ambassador takes and gives everything at all times. Waiting for a “buildup” is like having to wait weeks or months for someone to write a fucking sentence.

Not to mention every 10 years they've built up their fleet completely again so I have to waste tons of resources replenishing my fleets numbers after destroying them.

I don't know why THEY get to decide if I'm allowed to have one of their systems or not after I've taken it over and landed armies on all its inhabited worlds.
It just makes no sense to me and kind of ruins the part of the game I was looking forward to most.
All I do now is capture the same half dozen systems every time I go to war so I can get enough warscore to convince them to give me a single system, its fucking tedious.

Hey guys how much military power is required to destroy a Fallen empire?

I have about 38K right now and my current plan is to destroy the Fallen Empire right next door to me and then reverse engineer their tech.

Then with the technological superiority wipe out of the Federation.

I beg your fucking pardon? It takes a fucking RESOURCE to decline a peace offer, from Paradox, who makes enemy nations spam peace offers incessantly?

All I'm basically seeing is "Could have been great.. but 'Paradox"

Shame, I was considering looking into it after seeing how far the Civ games have fallen (I know it's not exactly the same kind of game but I don't know of many Civ-like Space 4x games other than perhaps Endless Space, and ES2 is still a while off yet).

So without having to resort to playing something from a decade or two ago, what's considered the best turn-based Space 4x game at the moment? I've heard the name Distant Worlds thrown around a little but other than that..

Not in my game I don't know what that user was talking about.

What?
Maybe ‎in being more accessible.
But in depth and complexity is a far cry away from DW.

How do you turn that off in steallaris?

I wish the aliens weren't so forgettable, these races are so retarded looking.

The game isn't bad, but it isn't exactly good…yet
It definitely needs more work put into it. to be more fleshed out.

the potential is there for something great.

You're one crazy nigger.

I think the creators came from the wrong direction entirely. I think they came in expecting this to just be the same as EUIV and CK2 without a head for what differences there would be in space.

There's no real combat, no real politics, no real trading and no espionage.

Johan you're drunk again.

Holy shit nigger, you need to lay off the weed and play better games.

Influence should just be removed from the game at this point. There's no reason for it to exist and there's other ways to balance the game without making it look more retarded than it already is.

Now to answer your questions
That's how warscore in every paradox games works. Sure you can capture the system you want but that doesn't mean that the defenders will stop fighting you for it.

Was they accepting your demands? In stellaris you can only get certain planets you demanded and such when you're about to begin the war. If you went to war over making aliens vassals then all you're going to get is vasssalized aliens.

Paradox is chopping the game up into pieces and chunks so they can sell it as dlc. So of right now all we got is the torso

They didn't accept my demands, I only had half the warscore I needed to vassalize them, I could have captured enough systems to do it but they asked for peace until I couldn't say no and remained independent when I accepted.
I don't know how you're supposed to fill demands that are larger than one or two planets when they force you to call off the war empty handed after a certain amount of time,

sure, but it's better then Distant Worlds imo.
Johan please leave

So I read that you could minmax by just spamming energy corvettes with PDS backup.

PDS backup?

Is it ever possible to get alliance as a fanatic xenophobe?

Just build you fleet up until yours is bigger than theirs mein führer

(checked)

A few corvettes stuffed with point defense to hit missiles.

Ah. That makes sense. I'd believe it but battleships and cruisers feel too good. Plus it's not like there's any pressing need to minmax since its easy enough as is.

A military alliance doesn't mean that we like them or we want them in our planets. Two xenophobe empires on the opposite sides of galaxy should be able to ally if they both hate the inferior species on the middle of the galaxy and want to destroy them.

Xenophobia isn't just "le let's attack every other species we see"

Weren't there some dev diraries where they specifically said something simillar to that?
They they're not implementing everything they have planned for the game at the moment, since it would become "too much"?

I haven't read any dev diaries on Stellaris but I'd believe that 100%. If someone knows exactly which diary it is and would link it, I could use the rage material.

38k is not even close to enough, no joke
Their Tachyon bullshit lasers are going to shred you
On top of that they're going to have upwards of 50k

God it's like CK2 where a single count whips out a stack of 10k.

This game has absolutly zero depth.
Why couldn't they add Victoria 2 style pops?

thread is spot on. It's the usual beta stage paradox game that needs three years of "expansions" to have any depth, but also breaking the game at every incremental step

no big publisher hanging over their heads so I dont understand why they keep up this practice

pics related, sins of a solar empire: rebellion, lightyears better. while playing stellaris I kept thinking to myself it felt like a low rent sins

Gotta love Sins. I still have high hopes for Stellaris, but with the Clausewitz engine they'll never match the combat in Sins. Not that I expected great combat from a Clausewitz game before everyone gets pissy, I just mean they have to make up for it elsewhere

Why couldn't they add Victoria 2 style pops?

because it is a casual version of Distant Worlds, also Victoria is "3advanced" for the new paradox playerbase

Holy shit just create some vassals from your primary species and make a federation or something. There's no point in going xeno if you're not willing to do some species cleansing.

From what I heard, the mastermind behind victoria 2's economy was the only one who knew how it worked at paradox because he made it himself. He was literally the only reason vicky 2 was good at all.

i heard they have no idea how to even make that pops system anymore.
The guy who programmed it left paradox a long time ago and its too complex for them to replicate

But they are a public company as of just recently, so being fucktarded Jews is what they now do.

I dunno. My first try at the genre but it's pretty simple. Literal waiting sim which i kind of expected but not to this degree. You can befriend just about every one.
I wanna go to war.

Said mastermind doesn't work at Paradox anymore, does he?

Nope he left, where though I don't know. It sucks though because vicky's economy was actually fucking fun to learn.

Protip: after demolishing their navy, send your fleet to round up and destroy their shipyards.

This prevents them from rebuilding their fleet.

Get the fuck out, the only thing it has over Distant Worlds is looking a little better and being explained better (which is mostly because it's a few orders of magnitude more shallow), that's about it.

I made a quick fix so that the AI actually gets aggressive and do shit and can make the game a bit more fun.

Go to
Bam there you go, Large empires can actually start forming now.

looking up distant worlds thanks to the thread and found another two interesting games, polaris sector and star ruler 2, found both at matrix games so hopefully you dont have to pay steam to buy em

stellaris lead to something good after all

Mods might improve this game a lot, it has a lot of issues and is missing features, the biggest issue is that the pacing is fucked and you spend hours doing literally nothing or micromanaging shit for minor benefits.

Things that should be in the game, but aren't

The biggest problem, again, is the pacing, shit is too soft and you never have enough to do most of the time.

In spite of this, I enjoyed my ironman playthrough, but this game needs a lot of work, hopefully paradox will fix their shit or modders will

What I hope to see is somebody doing something with the technology stuff - I like the concept of the rarities and the bit of randomness to it.
I think what might be interesting is making the technologies halfway randomly generated, like Diablo 2 loot

I think this is the most interesting point since it's obvious they had space piracy in mind due to the fact that there is a pirate tab in the flag designer. Pirates would be pointless without trade routes to harass, so the question is will pirates and trade routes be a single DLC or separate? I wouldn't put it past Paracocks to make it two.

There a mod that gets rid of the planet cap I can get? I'm sick of having a limit on my fun, I want to be able to micro all these shit world's if I want.

(Seriously, what's the point of it and Sectors? I feel like it's punishment for being a large empire, why do I only get to work on my core worlds?)

Holy fuck, no.
You will never finish the game, the game will become Mr. Bones wild fucking ride.

This one you can solve by making a sector user.
The only downside is that you can only link colonized planets and star systems in your territory, you can only get 75% out of them, they are automated so they need a governor to function, and that if you want to "de link" a system from it it costs 25 influence.
So by creating a sector you hand over direct control (building stuff on the surface) but you can still create and use space ports, and the colonies that are in it will get subtracted from your planet limit.

I'd call Stellaris now an Alpha because half the features are missing.

I like modding Paradox games though, so I'll be patiently waiting them to finish their game.

Maybe I'll buy the base game at a sale in Current Year+3.

I still want sectors if I wanna make them, but I want the pleasure, I want mr.bones, give me the option.

I also want actual pirates, I only ever fight one pirate fleet and then the threat is gone, which seems very weird. Also, the robot change in the hot fix, did it make it so robots can't be built on planets with people, because I can't see the option on my colonized worlds.

Also. Am I playing right? I have a massive fleet cap, and almost three hundred corvettes. Am I auspices to go with tons of the smaller ships with only a few flag ships, because I feel like I'm wrecking the ai, and when I went to war with my brother even though his military power was at something like 25K and I was only at 18K, I still destroyed him because he mostly had huge fuck battle ships

I wish there was more informations in game
Like a list of:
Colonizable planets
Terraformable planets
Ressources in your influence zone that are not exploited

Warning about:
When a pop is available or near completion so if it's on an empty space, I can prepare a building so it can work right away
When an upgrade is available and unused, both for ships and surface facilities
Foreign wormholes stations in your zone of influence
Being able to see the jump distance with your best drive available by clicking on a system without any of your ships in it

Ability to:
Change the queue of constructions on surface

And tell me what the fuck was constructed either on a planet or spatioport, I can't keep track of everything

I hate this.

It's like Early Access, but you need to keep on paying.

DLC WILL FIX IT!!!
Paracuck fanboys actually fucking spout this shit and it drives me up the fucking wall.

Pirates do exist because I had them in one of my games. The problem is that they do absolutely nothing and just chill in a star system for 50 years without sending ships to fuck with you. The only time they have fleets is when their group is created and even then they won't rebuild their fleets.

They are not wrong, they just have to pay the base games price once over+the "retarded goy" tax to access the fix.

I seriously believe that retards who say that are either Paracucks or have never played another 4x game.
No one with even a shed of experience with 4x games would call Stellaris good, or at least feature complete.

If they think the game needs DLC to fix it, I don't think they believe Stellaris is feature complete. Somehow this still doesn't mean they think having to pay for the game at its current state is unacceptable.

God damn it user fuck.
No
Don't
Shhhhhit no
Play the first, then play the second. The second was one of the worst cases of dumbing down a sequel I've ever witnessed, worse than Supreme Commander 2.

At least EUIV and CK2 were interesting from beginning to end when they first launched.

And known Parabotch, the DLC will only make things worse and/or lock important features behind it.

Also it pisses me off to no end that you can't grab mods from the Worshop with Steam Workshop Downloader. Great way to prevent piracy I guess since you'll need mods to make the game acceptable.

WEW

Sound advice that is

Would anyone be willing to make a MEGA pack with the most successful mods so the people who didn't feed the Swede can enjoy them?

I didn't really expect anything else from their homeforums.

You can make several wars against them, their fleets do not replenish since they have lost the tech to construct them. Generally though they have fleets made up of 11K battle power with the highest tier weapons and armor. You could probably beat them with 30K power but you might need allies. I beat them with 50K.

Game lacks polish, I found problems with the genetic engineering. Once you use your trait points, you can't modify the species anymore. Even if you only want to change planet preference which is free.

Robots are capped at 1 growth time, there is no way to influence or change this. They can still be useful but no replacing your entire people with robots and pretending to be a robot rebellion.

Also I had a war with another large empire with vassals. Previously I beat them and took control of one of their one planet vassals. They set one of their warscore objectives as 'liberate [vassal]'. I don't know if it was working as intended but they were generating 1 warscore every month. Even though I was smashing their fleets to smithereens and took their homeworld and several core planets I still couldn't stop the warscore from reflecting their total domination. It was truly bizarre, here I was completely annihilating the enemy and taking his planets one after another but I still couldn't beat him back. I ended up agreeing to white peace. Declared war again later and IT HAPPENED AGAIN. The liberate empire objective seems to passively give warscore for nothing. I checked that my vassal wasn't occupied like it said, I even landed troops on his homeworld to defend it.

How did I beat this massive star empire eventually? I called up the vassal and told him he's independent. Problem solved. Suddenly their warscore goes static and I start making huge gains and eventually call my terms.

The problem I have with xenophobe is what benefits does it offer? Really? You get a penalty to relationships, penalty to aliens in your empire. Penalty to migration. Penalty to forming alliances which can be important to survival. Meanwhile xenophile gives huge bonuses to everything. Why even bother picking xenophobe unless you want to roleplay W40K with your gene seed soldiers.

Fuck, it's not like that warscore system is new for Paradox either. There is really no reason to fuck it up that badly. Unless…

Oh right, unless you only playtested your game in MP. :^)

Do you have a source on that? One of my friends won't believe me.

You're playing a game made by Paradox, lad. What did you expect? There will probably a mod that makes it more realistic, with shit like eugenics.

As I said already, xenophobia isn't fucking "let's kill every other species we met". Is everyone who play this game as xenophobes 40kfags? I can't blame Paradox for making xenophobe this way then

Some of those events are pretty funny, all other failures of the game aside.

This game is fucking shit, it's shallow, it's unpolished and i pity those who bought it at release.

incoming DLCs are:

and you can bet your ass all of them will have stupid fucking names. Vic2 is the only good game they ever made.

and then i made Space rome with mollusks

I'm tempted to mod out all blocker removal technologies and make the lot of them available at start. What bright genius thought it a good idea to clog my randomly generated, randomly curated Society tech list with blocker removal techs for that one tile on my ass colony of nowhere that I won't need for another fifty years?

The shame of being vassalized by the AI.

Fuck xenos, build corvettes

That's essentially the plan with space-rome, enslave all the scum, take it all, fuck bitches

I guess xenophobia is meant to be slavery AND purging but I prefer to purge when able.

I really wish you could change your government ethos. I've tried becoming collectivist by only building collectivist colony ships for my new planets but I haven't noticed any real difference yet.

you just need a really high ethics divergance

What's that fuckboi? You thought you could win by strategically with multiple small fleets attacking my mining stations, blockading my planets are retreating when necessary? You thought you could win by having a superior economy, technology and more allies?

tsk tsk

Enjoy my hot throbbing blob going straight for your capital. You can't pump out enough ships because you only have 5 planets? Well too fucking bad you should've known the size of my army like i knew yours and every single fleet position too btw, enjoy getting rekt.

also a forgot the obligatory diplomacy DLC, you can not call their xeno mother a whore edition.

I went into this game blind and holy fucking shit is the sector AI bad.

I binged playing this game up until the point I realized I have to fully build up all my colonies so they don't end up just being wastes of space when the AI takes over

did you give them resources to build with?

They've got about 200 energy credits and hundreds more minerals each. Plenty to build anything on some empty tiles.

The system seems to do basically the opposite of what it's supposed to do

How does worm hole travel work? I'm using warp drives and just started my first war ever. The xeno scum immediately warped in raped my space stations and then moved on with their worm hole generators, their fleet is smaller than mine but I can't catch them

Yes this. If you go to a sector AI planet and watch what they do with new colonies. I sat there for about 5 months ingame and watched the AI constantly move the two pops around to producing food on the repurposed ship to mining 'science' from some random field. For what purpose?

Also you can give them stacks of resources but they never upgrade the spaceports and they won't spent it unless they have more than a thousand minerals most of the time.

You can travel instantaneously (short warmup) to any system as long as you and your destination are in range of a wormhole station. Can't warp to systems outside the range of wormhole station, can't warp if you're out of range of a wormhole station.

Makes defending really easy, unless the enemy actually destroys your wormhole stations.

Wormhole stations can be built in any systems outskirts and also so can military stations.

I do not like the technology system either. It leaves too much to chance and makes it really hard to optimize against the AI. That said you are incorrect, the cards are heavily weighted to appear only after you colonize a planet with those specific tile blockers.

I know this because I was very late game and almost finished the society tree when I finally settled a jungle planet (was boxed in by AI empires.)

All I can say is thank fuck for the end-game research that increases the core planets you can control at once.

How does it compare to sins of a solar empire?

Maybe making my empire dependant on slaves and having no one to enslave around was a bad idea

Holy shit Paradox do you understand what the word "overwrite" means?

I hope they enjoy my new 1000 military power fleet up their ass

I know that, but early game, when the shit is still expensive and I have cheaper, better soc tech to research, giving me two blocker removal technologies when I have one planet that's got maybe four blockers combined and ten free spaces to expand into is asinine.
I would at least want some discard all option that makes me waste some months of research to not get these choices again for the next two research choices or so.

looks like the largest contributer (triangle with radiation background) was constantly producing and still is producing ships
most of those are 1 or 2 ships made close together from a planet and shipped to the frontline, rapidly reinforcing
gotta pump more production in to keep up, that's the problem with fighting other empires in any gstrat and especially paradox game- their economy never stops ticking, all 5 of them building up reserves

oh for fuck's sake, it's easy as all hell
casualbabytier 4x

they better give
for free, at the very fucking least
oh wait, any DLC they make is free

I enjoyed it more than sins but just because it has more grand strategy feeling than RTS.

Yeah except you can enslave your own people just fine. Slaves produce more food and minerals but less energy and research.

Go to government policy, top left icon and then change your slavery policy from 'xeno only' to 'allowed'.

I don't know why I was epecting vicky 2 in space, but God help me I had more confidence in paradox than I ever should have had.

I guess the most approachable also means the least depth. I'm sure it'll get some much-needed depth after $50 worth of expansions though.

Protip, play as any race except human. Find the search box on the galaxy map. Type Sol, find sol III. You're welcome cumskins.

I uninstalled it already, there's just no *game* yet. The dealbreaker for me was making a federation and then it turns out there are no actual gameplay options for federations, literally all it is is a countdown timer until the next civ gets to take over as federation leader. I wanted something like the galactic council from Galciv, something where you're at least voting on galactic law.

After about 12 hours nothing had happened besides random events, my military dictator neighbor who hates me has yet to attack, and the whole game has just been "Find the blobs and watch them expand."

I'm sure once they start doing DLC and mods and actually developing content for this it'll be fun, but right now it's shallow as fuck and there's no point playing.

Dismantle your fleet, AI only attacks when it thinks you are weak. I think if you play on harder difficulties they are more aggressive.

You're right about federations, it should be a vote or something more interesting for the player. Federations feel like capitulation since you lose your independence.

Essentially, that's the problem with the game
ethics don't seem to do much
if you make a militaristic super fuck you slavery civ, people are only slightly peeved about it
playing as a peace loving hippie is probably one of the more challenging things since you can't just tell everyone else to fuck off with your massive penis

>cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68551
Second post.
Also, this is where you can get all the updates fast.
You're all welcome, goys.

Pacifist civs get huge bonuses to production from dynamic war economy policy. Though you have to be losing first before you get the bonus. Which means your shipyards have probably already been destroyed.

well, after playing like 20+ hours from the day one torrent, I'm absolutely sure that Stars! released in 1995 is still the best space empire game to date.

The middle-end game is just garbage, corvette, destroyer, cruiser, battleship? Really? Thats all of it?
Where are the mine layers?
Where is the fuel for the space ships?
Where are the support spacecraft that could fix the fleet in enemy territory?
Where are the remote miners that could mine resources in uncontested territory but would be a free kill for anyone roaming?

There are support craft modules you install on your ship for swarm healing in the field etc. Regenerative hulls and a some other stuff to boost shields and buff hit rates/debuff enemy hit rates. Slow down FTL charge to stop them escaping.

Stellaris is like a blend between RTS and grand strategy, bit more user friendly while being easier to access and play. I think they could have added more depth than what it has and a decent tutorial would be nice.

after you get so far it really just fucking drags on
like holy shit, I'm at mass driver level 3 and i still haven't had the ability to research armor, i have level 2 torpedoes and i can colonize a majority of the planets
WHY

no, there is A module like that, and an optional buff for space platforms, it's doesn't even have more tech levels than one

i heard that distant worlds is already superior to stellaris on every aspect that it has

why is this the only place online where people ill dare to speak about Paradox's dlc milking and manipulative business practices?
Its scary how easily people on the paradox forums and reddit just bend over without questioning.

People just groupthink to maintain this fruitless online persona, and the post ratings/moderation in most communities aggravate that even further

Shoulda known to look to the Russkies when it comes to stealing shit. Thanks Grandpa Adolf.

Official forums are never a good place to criticize devs. Nor is Reddit.

At any rate, what can we do NOW? It's not like Parabotch has some super sekret update behind their backs that they plan to release as DLC.

There are a few complaints but they're hidden among the shills on reddit.

i guess i can just build a super-fleet of fuck off proportions

Because Paradox is one of the good guys.
Like for example CDP, no matter what kind of bullshit they try to pull, they have their own defense force ready to jump in and try to deflect any kind of critisism, no matter how sound it is.

Just fucking imagine EA would've published a game as barebones as Stellaris with the outlook for more DLC to come.
They'd be shat upon from minute one.

besides influence, i mean, and even then, it's getting pretty fucking close

While I partially agree with you, there are tons of full-fledged 4X games out there that would never be even considered to be "barebones" like Stellaris is. I guess Paradox has all those old grand strategies weighing on their shoulders though. Their fans expect more.

Christ, they didn't exactly make it easy to install pirated mods.

There are tons of good (and much better than Stellaris) 4x space games, but Stellaris has the very subjective Paradox "gsg" feel coming from the barrage of flavourful events and interactions.

Sucks they didn't emphasize that instead of making the game into a casual content void.

Do you lads have any recommended mods for this game?

Just wait a year so they atleast add the content that was supposed to be there in launch.

fuck this game. After ~6 hours of gameplay I start my first war, and now I'm getting raped by factions that are far smaller than me just because they use worm holes and I use warp drives. The keep teleporting across my empire destroying space stations and my army can't catch them

build defense stations

they can't defend against a 1k army

what kind of shitty mods are you getting? or are you that retarded?

paradox forums might as well be renamed to neogaf from what ive seen of admins and community

Fly to their capital, fuck their wormhole stations and their space station

AI will throw everything to defend their capital, its easy to abuse

whoops, I meant to post that you should build a main force and station them at the post, there's a module that teleports enemy troops to that station, and then you can surprise attack them with a large fleet

aurora 4x

will aurora ever not be spaghetti code that crashes when i try to change my ships weapon?

Okay, as obviously untested bugs go this one is pretty good.

No.

In the games I played, Earth was nuked and populated by giant roaches

No you belligerent nigger. You need to change the fucking path inside the .mod file too for one.

i didnt need to

Making Workshop mods work in default mod folder takes about a dozen brain cells.

Anyone seriously able to play that probably has enough stone-cold autism to manage the logistics of the entire (hypothetical) Solar Fleet.

Hey guys how good are Corvettes in the end game?

With advanced tech I got them up to 50% evade.

Are they any good?

That empire symbol looks rather lewd.

Your mind is ruined, I should know.

Even though the faggots can teleport around, they can't quickly teleport out of a system if you engage them in combat. Retreating when in combat damages all the ships.

Ships appear at set places every time they enter a system.

You can build static defenses with huge HP and DPS that doesn't lower when damaged.

See where I'm going with this?

Also this
When fighting wormhole enemies staying on the defense with fleets is silly, attack their spaceports and homeworld.

use defensive computers and good sublight engines. Put a little point defense on each ship to counter missile spam. They beat pretty much everything. Corvettes have high base evasion and you can increase it further with fleet academies and those upgrades. Very powerful and can be built with tech 1 spaceports.

Grab the crystal hull plating from scanning crystalline entity debri. That gives a flat HP bonus to your corvettes and after you research the tech 3 forged plating it just turns them into tanks.

Virgins have a great imagination.

Wormholes win again. You deserve this for using warp drives.

What's the best way to make a slaver empire? Seems like you HAVE to go full Allahu Ackbar also for it to work.

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682336292

This mod makes a 0 cost edict that boosts your planet control to 10, 15, 100, 950

Later on in V2 and in all HOI games, you can take as much territory as you want if you win a war.

I, for one, am very excited for the DLC. Why wouldn't I be? It's very generous of the devs to make so much content which I can enjoy for free. :^)

Rookie mistake. Hyperlane masterrace

It's not even an eggplant.

It's a completely retarded concept in a space game, if you have control over a planet you shouldn't have to ask for permission to incorporate it into your empire.

How is it any different from the warscore system in other PDS games?

You don't seem to understand the concept. You go into a war with a set of demands, and win by using your military to enforce them. When you occupy a planet, you're doing it to give yourself leverage at the negotiating table and your civil administration isn't anywhere near it.

That said, it'd be neat if you could take over the production of occupied enemy planets at a malus, like you can do with Hearts of Iron.

Are the customization options for ships and empires really this limited?
Is the only major visual thing that changes from race to race, a portrait and some background art?
Changing weapons systems doesn't even seem to change the gun model.

It's ridiculous the ships colors aren't affect by the empires.

Just give me the fucking file.

No that is not the only customization but what more visual customizations do you want? It's only a 3GB game.

steamworkshopdownloader.com/

BTW any space games like Stellaris but good where I can build my Empire?

I tried Distant Worlds, but the lack of context triggers me (Humans don't start in Sol, for example).

You can enslave your own citizens. Also the enslave all button is great for when you take a xeno planet and want to stop them forming secessionist factions.

will do. cant find a torrent for the first one though, not buying without trying

meanwhile, played some more stellaris:

so much of it just becomes a chore. EU3 and 4 had some of these problems ffs, but got them fixed, yet they're back years later?

I'm just waiting for the sprite DLC for that shit.

Stellaris is the best so far sorry, it has lots of problems and gripes because of bugs and it feels like it never left early access AND lacks polish but its the most fun by far.

This is what's retarded in a space game with a paradox war system. There's no established anything so wars shouldn't be so formal. Not to mention that conquering planets is not at all the same as ground warfare on Earth.

You don't need the alien race you're fighting to concede to your demands in order to enforce them. Aliens also shouldn't all have the same reasoning as humans have, some should be fine with annihilating aliens without any sort of justification.

Anyway, the system just doesn't work in this setting or on this scale.

DW also has mods, try them.

Any suggestions?

I only played it for a little bit and never the first game, but it was still too much for me.

Depends on what you mean with "Like Stellaris", if it's space 4X you're after then MOO1 and MOO2 are the best the genre has to offer. If they are too old for you then you can always try the generic and bland Galactic Civilization games.

Another game you might want to check out is Aurora, it's the Dwarf Fortress of space strategy games.

It's necessary to gamify the war and stop one large empire from completely destroying and subsuming the other with a single war. Often empires are destroyed by multiple wars or failed invasions. That said, you can just set the vassalize war goal if you are super powerful compared to your opponent, and nothing is stopping you from waging multiple wars.

If anything I think the warscore system is ok when it isn't bugged to fuck. I think its mostly let down by the diplomacy system. Huge alliances and vassals form so you can't pick on the weak easily if you can't beat the vassals overlord/alliance. You also can't demand resources/energy credits for your victory as tribute.

Never played any DW mods myself yet, sorry. But I know that the game has bunch of mods, one of them might be what you're looking for

WHERE ARE THE KINETIC IMPACT WEAPONS
Any interstellar conflict will have them. You take a 100m asteroid from your system, strap an engine to it, point it at the enemy system, run it up to .1c, and let it fly.

In a few years (decades, whatever), it hits and takes out an entire continent, blocking out the sun with dust and causing a nuclear winter. Boom. Instant planetary win.

You should have to be careful, too. If the war finishes early and you’re tending to your new colonies, a rock you sent and forgot about should be able to slam into it.

Just wait a year or two.Seriously, that'S what you have to do to get a proper game from Paradox by now.
It's not adding actual new features to games with DLC, but inserting wehat should've been there from the beginning.

With interstellar travel, soft sci-fi tier sensors and casual space travel, just diverting the asteroid weapons seem trivial.

But isn't that what should happen? I think the game should be balanced by making huge empires much harder to keep together and give them better reasons to not gobble up the smaller ones than an artifical thing like that.

The only groundbreaking thing about this game is that you can finally, finally genocide people for the first time in a paradox game.

The thing about relativistic speeds is that you can’t know where it is AND how fast it’s going, so no, you can’t divert them ever.

Yeah, the game is seriously lacking any properly destructive weapons but this is what you get in a game designed by Swedish cucks.

It only doesn't make sense if your wargoals are to liberate planets or vassalize, or if you're on the defensive. Otherwise there's no reason why an occupied planet shouldn't immediately be considered part of my empire upon occupation. The idea of occupying one or a small handful of planets at a time per war after occupying dozens more beyond the wargoals is inexcusably silly in the context of Stellaris, especially for xenophobic empires. I get that the cap is necessary to prevent blobs from blobbing into oblivion even harder than normal, but there are better ways to handle that problem. I have a couple ideas:
1. Offer a special wargoal to xenophobic or militaristic (or require both) empires that absorbs any occupied planet automatically into the empire. The wargoal would cause massive opinion reductions with neighbors (I can even see coalitions being appropriate in this setting) and give bonuses to enemy economy and ground troops, since they're fighting for their very existence.
2. If this would be massively too OP, then change the way warscore works. Make it much more fleet battle oriented or occupying the capital an auto-win.

That's not true at all. The Uncertainty Principle is only really relevant on the quantum mechanical scale because the degree of uncertainty is extraordinarily small compared to macroscopic objects. You can quite easily determine exactly where it is and how fast it's going.

That's stupid. They got space ships that can go faster than light, you know faster than relativistic, and still know where there are. Arguing throwing a rock is better than just parking a space ship that has exotic matter energy beam weapons or mass drivers on the orbit is just the kind of thing retarded pseudo-intellectuals claim when they want to feel smart.

No because it works both ways. It stops an obviously superior AI empire from roflstomping you back to the dark ages in a single declaration. It gives you the ability to put together a strategy and ready yourself for the next war.

I got the feeling it's supposed to be a system that lets you look at the fleets the enemy has and then use the ship designer to create something that counters them so you can win the next war. Though I can't figure it out myself.

Isn't that the main thing that the community has always wanted?

Sins rebellion was all right but it was a shame that it never got a campaign,

i got 2 little rants about it :
the lightning was fucked in rebellion compared vs trinity, as everything is super dark with the purpose i think of enhancing the psx light lasers battles

also implementing the visual effect of the shields was stupid because you see all ships always surrounded by the blue shield when in battle which isn't visually appealing, but it was relatively easy to ump into the shader files and disable the part that renders the shields on screen

They've took a leaf out of the page of several science fiction games and movies for fun. That's why it's all pew pew lasers instead of oh I just fucked your entire planet up from a million miles away with no warning and no way to stop it like in real life.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want this.
What is even the point of playing space nazis if you can't do the space holocaust?

Yea but what does slavery tolerance do then? Only certain governments and ethics provide it.

I wouldn't say it was the main thing, I mean a section of the community has always wanted though.

For a lot of people it's just been a case of

I mean, you can culture convert in EU4, but it's just not the same as going full Vlad the Impaler.

I keep running into individualists that get pissy when the chains come out, and moving some of my own citizens there takes too much influence, like everything else in the game that uses that fucking shit.

Seriously, fuck the influence pricing of everything.

You might as well be a fanatic xenophile.

mana system for influence combined with limiting colonies and frontiers is killing the game for me, i know you can for sectors, but its ridiculous they released this as supposedly 1.0 game

Your pops get a -25% happiness penalty if there's slavery in your empire, but certain things reduce the penalty. Collectivists get -50% to the penalty for each level of collectivsm, the Divine Mandate government gives another -50%, and xenophobes get -50% for each level but only for aliens. Individualists get +50% to the slavery penalty for each level.

I'd say large portion of the player base just want to enact their violent country scale fantasies, and Paradox begrudgingly obliges, atleast through mod support.

Well, actually, a fleshed out Stellaris is what I'm looking for.

I was looking forward to it but it seems like we got jewed.

One of the best things about DW imho is the Private Sector. They set up trade routes and such and then you can watch ships coming and going, doing their business, which is very satisfying. Love the Warp Drive's sound.

This makes the Galaxy feel alive, compare that to Stellaris where it's basically dead.

I'm not sure how they can properly simulate Population given how the game's set up.

They should have taken Vic2's pop/industry/economy system and improved it, but .

I'd love to be able to mess around with banking, and invest in other empires.

Even their classic Trade Node system is gone.
I should be able to set those up myself someway, or have natural trade nodes. Something more organic perhaps.

This might be too much to ask out of Le Kuk Swede.

Made me laugh out loud fam

Fun is decimating the enemy population with biological weapons, fun is obliterating a planet so hard nothing will ever live there again, fun is making a sun go supernova.

Pew pew lasers are not fun.

Interstellar trading is 87% sure part of an early DLC.

Beneficial for us patient pirates, bad for the victims of the Swedish Jew.

Forgot to mention that the Private Sector also sets up things like mining/gas/energy companies themselves and build their own ships.

Anyone who is familiar with Paradox and is still shelling out cash for their shit is a moron who deserves to be robbed. I only feel bad for those who were previously unaware and have fallen prey because they wanted a cool space game.

Don't be insensitive. Victims with Stockholm Syndrome are victims none the less.

Problem with that is acceleration to relativistic speeds isn't instantaneous, and that the energy pumped into them to accelerate them in a reasonable amount of time will create such a huge signature it could be detected 50 lightyears away while the projectile itself is still a couple lightyears away from its target. Hurdling through interstellar space at 10% the speed of light will also be quite a spectacule from all the scattered projectile undergoing fusion against your hull.

*scattered particles

After playing CK2 and this for a while now my hopes for their Vampire the Masquerade game had a kick in the balls back to reality.
I'm scared about 3 things:

Are they actually going to develop that? I thought they would give it to Obsidian or some other dev competent at making RPGs and just publish it.

I have Endless Legend and Sins of A Solar Empire: Trinity. I played neither but I bought them both a while back in a steam sale.

Which should I play?

Play both at the same time and shut down the one you don't like.

You can do that, it just takes a long time using full orbital bombardment. I mean literally it might take 20 years of non-stop bombardment to completely make a planet uninhabitable (tile blockers everywhere.)

IMO nWoD is supperior system wise but everything else is goes from eh to shit

Nah Obsidian IS making it with people who worked on VTMB and VTR but I got a gut fealing Paradox will push for these things

Endless Legend.

How do I go about nuking a pre-space civilisation? All I can seem to do is build a observation post but as beneficial as it is I want to know how to get that option or by claiming their world.

Obsidian are huge SJWs these days so "diversity" is a given then but they usually don't do the kike thing with DLC.

Deploy armies into orbit and have them land, Starship Trooper style.

how is endless space?

Depends on your government policy. If you set it to unrestricted interference you can land troops directly on the planet and take it over by force. Or you can use the observation post to annex it stealthily. This makes them love you. While invading them makes them hate you.

It looks amazing, it plays sort of like a shallow Master of Orion and the combat is ass.

You can land a colony ship on neolithic races to get some slaves/reservation indians, but other than that I've never tried anything.

Son of a bitch.

I meant Endless Space & Sins Of A Solar Empire: Trinity (not Rebellion.

EL was pretty good but it's not something I played the shit out of.

I do remember them existing now that you mention it. It was a forgettable encounter though. However, I should clarify that I meant player piracy more than pirate NPCs.

I'm annoyed there's no "restricted interference" settling option for neolithic/very-early races where you just settle the empty areas and create reservations for them to live ignorantly, which for such primitive species could easily take multiple millennia before they realize you're there.

I think the proper term is

That's one of the options, the other two being the Andrew Jackson option and a re-enactment of colonial era trade relations between Africa and America.

Fuck, forgot to finish first part of post.
Anyway, the proper term for state-sponsored pirates is privateer.

I'm not talking about hiring privateers. I mean being a space pirate lord.

WE WUZ SPESS N SHEIT

So basically the pirate faction option from Distant Worlds?
That's going to be DLC, considering it's paradox we're talking about here.

Is it just me or do you you have to pretty much choose between a SJW utopia and space nazis if you want to choose a premade human race?

Exactly.

I think that is out of the scope of the game. If you became large enough to count as an established player country while still unwarrantly attacking other factions, you'd just be that fucktard that raids our (currently non-existant) trade lines.

Yes, and?

I can only confirm what others have already said. The first two hours are great because you fuck around your stellar neighborhood, find interesting anomalies and expand. But then 18 hours after that you're basically STILL doing that and nothing much has changed. It's almost like Civ5 where you start out spamming buildings and you end by spamming buildings with barely any AI interaction in between.

Only saving grace is that there isn't an already existing superior Paradox game about the subject matter to go back to.

Unfortunately for Paradox there are already superior games about the subject matter, but I still think Stellaris could potentially be good and different enough to justify its existance.

Develop massive autism and play Aurora.

It can easily be found within Vic2's programming can it not?

The world would be a better place if everyone did that.

Yea but the problem is that they don't understand how it works.

this right here. their "common sense" DLC for eu4 pissed me off so fucking much that i refuse to pay for their products ever again; it's literally a patch to make the AI not retarded and to add things that should have been in main game

The problem isn't simply going "The population object keeps track of a,b,c and can influence x,y, z. It's coming up with a coherent algorithems and the magic numbers that populate it that causes the population to interact in a realistic and expected way, even under the most unusual of circumstances.

the retarded primitives that I stealthily infiltrated and brought to the space age absolutely despise me and started a faction for their own independence immediately after being annexed. and the primitives on Sol that I did the other stealthy option to bring them up to a space age until they could be a vassal also hate me, although to be fair it could be because I almost immediately integrated them into my empire… but you'd think they'd be okay with that, being that I'm the most powerful military force in the galaxy

Perhaps it's in their ethics.
If you infiltrated and uplifted a bunch of gay hippies pacifist xenophiles with a militaristic, xenophobic empire there's really nothing that can be done to make them like you.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682291921&searchtext=

This mod removes the multiculturalism from humanity. You're welcome

How long until that is deleted I wonder?

I'd rather have one that just adds Caucasian humans as a new set of portraits/names, since just removing the niggers is too simplistic a fix, plus you can't play the federation from Star Trek vs. Space Reich.
Hell, even do it for every race so the space samurai can fight off space dindus while the space reich and space slavs remove space kebab.

I really wish you could have multiple factions on start that relate to the various politics on your home planet. So for instance as the UN premade start you have to deal with infighting between the Americas, Europe, Russia, and Asia as they each campaign to be the primary power in both your first colonies and in the UN itself. An even more extreme take would be a completely divided space start, where you have two or more independent empires forced to share the same home planet.

I see this game as having a lot of potential. It reminds me a lot of endless space or star ruler, only it's all around better (well, at least if you discount the many bugs and glitches). Right now, at present state, it's pretty shit due to the million bugs and broken mechanics, and very little content in mid and lategame. If they manage to fix their shit, it'll be an okay game. If they manage to add some meaningful content with DLCs for mid and lategame, it might become a great game. Most of the mechanics are already there, they just need to debug them and not shit them up later on.

In any case, I can't wait for some mods to pop up - if parajew doesn't fix its shit, they just might (like in their other games)

I'm surprised they even added space nazis. All in all, the game was a lot less pozzed than I'd have expected after conclave and the like.

Can he get a steam ban if Paradox somehow reports him?

This'd all be very simple if there was a tickbox for allowed phenotypes, for those who want to be a monocolor race of aliens or to have only certain humans. I want to have Yuros, Asians and Semite/Syriac/moderately swarthy whoevers for a world government of space Nazis/Italians/Japanese/minor states and the like, but as it is I'm stuck with the occasional black pop/leader as a result. Somehow, I don't imagine Italian Abyssinians rising to prominence with quite so such frequency.

I might make a namepack especially for Space Axis players as opposed to just Space Nazis, since it seems like pretty simple text editing even for a no-experience mong like me. Although I wonder how much I'll be able to do in regards to national namesets. Can different phenotypes have multiple paired first/last namesets to draw from that don't mix, so one can have Brits, Germans, and Italians all keyed to the yuro face set?

My guess would be that namelists exist independently from phenotype, since that would be both the easiest and most Swedish thing for the devs to do.

One might expect that, but looking again, I didn't need to ask about paired first/last names, I correctly remembered from my first quick look in the files- I decided at the time not to bother fiddling with it, since I wanted to just get on with a mutliplayer game with a friend- that first/last names are paired in large cultural blocks, with a weight statistic attached to them. I think that's how likely they are to appear, with the greatest weight given to Chinese and English names at 40 weight, although the second largest block of names after English at a glance is actually the African one as far as raw text goes. Go figure. I'll have to look up how exactly the namelists are paired to portraits, but this should be easy when I have the time and dig up a good tutorial.

Don't worry about it too much. For all the flaws paradox has, they really do make their games easy to mod - even a complete idiot can do it (which is why you see so many retarded mods out there).

A better way to do this is set how frequent each race pops up.

For example whites and asians are common while blacks and others less frequent.

From what I've seen in the files the chances of each phenotype appearing are relatively logical but you still get nogs out the ass.

After looking at the alien portraits for a while I gotta admit that I dislike the majority of them. A few more "Star Trek"-esque aliens would have been great.

They shouldn't have had any alien portraits tbh, leave it to the imagination

Requesting a download of this

So how much of the Galaxy have you purged/enslaved yet?

I have about a third of the inhabited parts of the galaxy in my Empire or vassals.

My plan is to Vassalize, integrate, enslave, and then genocide via sterilization.

Also it's important to colonize as many planets with humanity as possible lest humans become a minority in the Empire and be dependent on slave races.

It's in here: mega.nz/#F!g0ZyjYCJ!UVqw5XwuFwuBTgJ4x7nFiQ!Agx1Fara

Just search for the 682291921 ID.

kek: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682531990&searchtext=

Does anyone have the link to the mega file with the Germanic names and European phenotypes?

Isn’t this it?

The people saying Stellaris is the bes 4x evah are fucking retards who are guzzling down marketing buzzwords like they were coming out of Johan's cock
Leaving aside the retards who think just adding more ai opponents to the game counts as content the only substantial things they can point to are pops and event chains and those were done far better in other games. But they don't know that since they hardly play anything that's not a paradox game that came out in the last five years.

Most 4X are pretty mediocre so Stellaris is certainly a decent to high tier 4X game. But it's a poor grand strategy game by Paradox standards. Way too simplified.

It's like they don't realize fans of 4x aren't the average mongoloids

Have you played their biggest grand strategy, EU4?

It has the same fundamental war and combat as CK2 and EUIV. What did they exactly do to simplify it?

For one thing no morale

Okay, it seems like I was wrong. Crusader Kings 2 is their best selling grand strategy. I am actually surprised.

There is morale in ground combat

Who cares? Ground combat is almost as much an afterthought in this game as naval combat is in EU

Actually, it's just about as complex as space combat (mostly due to space combat being simple as fuck)

Orbital bombard their fortification down to zero then airdrop 30+ slave armies in to zerg rush the bastards. Ground combat is uttterly mindless

Is it better than Distant Worlds? I tried playing DW for a while but was ultimately disappointed by how simplistic it was compared to a proper grand strategy game.

If you were disappointed by simplicity in DW then Stellaris will put you to sleep in about a minute.
Maybe that's somehow useful to you, but otherwise-

So is space combat

Wait for them to shit out their 20 DLCs, and maybe, MAYBE then it will be.

Did I get this right? Is this how all the wars go?

Space combats at least has the possibility to lose to an fleet that has a better ship design than you've got. I can't think of any circumstance where you aren't being an utter retard where you can lose planetary invasions. In any case fleets not having morale is bullshit and a big step backwards.

All I wanted was a space GS with detailed colonization, population, terraforming, and economy mechanics. Most of all I want to play a space game where my empire doesn't feel like it's just species x of government type y in star system z.

Frankly I think that procedural world generation in a GS is a mistake for that reason. It's hard to genuinely flesh out a world when you're generating empires from a prepared list and spitting them out into random locations. Even though it requires a lot of assumptions and creativity, I wish they at least had a "Milky Way" scenario with our actual galaxy and star systems at some specified point in the future, along with a pre-written history.

Is it at least functional though or is it another bug-filled Paracucks release?

Probably. Last time ai got the better of me he went straight for my homeworld, and sat his pretty little ass on it while I built up a fleet next door. When he tried shipping in a transport he let me shoot it to hell despite my fleet being shit and then he decided to go back home for some reason and I just waited for the white peace

Usually it's whoever gets the capital first in that situation, the AI is retarded.

Don't judge Paradox by Vicky 2 and HoI3. Those were anomalies. Paradox's general standards are low as fuck; by Paradox standards Stellaris is a job well done, time to roll out the DLC.

Learn your history.

Heat doesn’t move faster than light, nigger. A .1c projectile is unstoppable.

It was a shitshow until FtM came out, DH is still superior to it

Alright so I know that spreadsheets exists, but what are other sci fi strategy games where there is a lot of customization as an option? I was looking into DW after Stellaris turned out to be bunk, but I really want to be able to make my own races/factions/empires.

Hey guys, I just wanted to recommend a couple of space games as alternatives to Stellaris.

An old Space RTS all about the combat Stelarris is missing. Up to four players local keyoard co-op. A lot of fun, for sure.

Turn based 4X game where you can explore and colonize giant galaxies, customize your race, customize your ships and manage your colonies. Has auto-resolve or tactical combat.

No game breaking bugs, but a million others. Do not play until at least the first DLC (I assume they'll fix most of that shit by them)

I'm not too worried. Combat overhaul is almost guaranteed to be one of the DLCs in the fture, just like it was in EU4 and CK2

Shit man the moment I found out Stellaris used random world generation instead of having an established galaxy with a fixed starting map, existing empires, races, relations, etc, I knew it was gonna be garbage. And none of the Paradox fanboys seemed to mind at all.

So I have a 51K doomstack now.

Can I fuck up fallen Empires or should I wait until I reach 60K?

So what do you do with food tiles once a planet is filled with pops? Can I just switch to something else on those tiles?

You could use the planet as a source of forced migrants or something, but really just switching everything to power/minerals/research is probably the best idea

what do you guys think of the Browser based game Ogame, its been around for a while(started in about 2002-2004) and seems pretty Popular, it also seems like a really simplified version/ bare bones version of Stellaris and sins

Browser Games are retarded.

pegida is for pussies they even once let a fucking nigger hold a speech and shit like that

I think some guy at the pegida rallies fucked his mom or something and he's just mad that he has to call him dad now

yeah.

but at least stellaris doesn't look like a 4th grade physics learn-software from the 5$ bin.

The idea is that it'd be more grand strat and less 4x. I'm kind of in the same camp as him since I figured Paradox would, at best, stumble their way through more "proper" 4x elements, so I hoped it'd be more of an established galaxy with pre-made empires and civilization for a galactic grand strat.

Even worse

he's Canadian

I would like to chime in on this.

For me the fun from Europa Universalis was that playing on earth provided a benchmark, and some context for my victories. I could go read wikipedia about some random historical dynasty and be impressed with what they achieved in real life, and otherwise "measure" my in-game empire against the giants of history.

The problem with Stellaris is that everything is just random, to the point where basically the only real gameplay choice is whether to hit a glorified "ok button" when it says research anomaly. What's the challenge? Build 5 planets, manage them and don't die (and hopefully not get screwed by a string of shitty events)? Okay? Max out all the systems with mining/research/etc stations? There is no real choice, you just max stuff out. Moment-to-moment you are grinding out events, hitting "okay" and watching a timer, buying things for your 5 planets and researching techs in a logical manner. AI is typical of strategy games: if your military is "large enough" nobody really messes with you. Diplomacy is formulaic. All of the stuff with governments and traits which looked really cool superficially is just +1 here and -1 there.

I think Stellaris is not really a game, rather it's a features demo for a game engine that players can mod to make a great game. That's pretty cool, and I'm sure in a year or two modders will make a game out of it. The problem is, I thought I was paying for a game now.

Yeah I suppose you make a good point. I would just feel like a hypocrite if I pirated games, and I guess I would rather pay $50 a month (not like the universe is swimming in great new games) than feel like a hypocrite.

Unless you're a member of the infamous internet police who go around stopping rotten pirates in their thieving tracks, or a zealous preacher that vilifies the evils of downloading code then how does it make you a hypocrite?

I'm a game dev.

You can still be okay with piracy and be a dev without being a hypocrite.

If my labor produced no fruits, I wouldn't eat. Anyway, I'm not here to tell anyone what to do but you asked. Have a good night.

Yea but the major problem is that stellaris isn't based on history but rather the future. Although I agree with you, there's no point to make everything pre-made if there isn't any real lore in the game. Also it is a game, just wait a good year or two and watch parajew shit out DLC as if they had cholera.

The exact same thing with genetic engineering happened to me too.

What the fuck.

Well shit, there goes my dream of making a Borg or Replicator like race with a single goal in mind: go forth and multiply by any means.
I always loved the idea of commanding a civ that plowes over anything else, so I can skip the diplomacy part of the game. I don't talk to my food/resource and as newly self-proclaimed supreme spess-diety I'm not gonna change that habbit.

It's fascinating. You can spend 6 hours in the game, not notice how time flies by, and still not achieve all that much.

It happened to me

I find this with all Paradox games. It took me 100 hours to do 100 years in CK2 once.

(Checked)

That's because it runs at 1 Day/minute later on though :^)

That describes literally every Paradox GS game though. They always release as early as possible, and then you get the updates that make it amazing.

Ah, you must be fighting people who think they can beat you. If you actually fight someone inferior to yourself they'll quickly give up and accept your demands after you capture 2 or 3 planets.

Because you can't replace the government there while you're at war m8.

The latest patch fixes that shit.

Will this bitch ever die? She's outlived 3 heirs so far.

Didn't mean to reply.

Oh man that's some shit. It's a "chance to die" past a certain age, I'm guessing she's all spiritual with RNGeezu. Did you research any life prolong tech?
I assume you didn't have venerable or anything for traits.

If you cannot do this, you are playing a libcuck paradise in space.