Considering a playthrough of this

Considering a playthrough of this.

Anything particular dialog or parts anyone wants me to compare to Thousand Year Door?

Vivian homo shit.

I want to die lmao.

This is the worst fucking feeling

All the more reason to kill myself now so I don't have to get older

Outside of , any and all Bowser scenes. If I recall correctly, this, Sunshine and Superstar Saga were the three notable games that had Bowser go seriously downhill as a competent villain, and I really want to see whether his comedic aspect was in the original game or it was just Treehouse fuckery. Mind you, "Hag to Hag Combat" is gold regardless, but still.

Sunshine's Nipponese version uses English VA.

Embed related has no real changes between the voiced dialog and subs.

Did Treehouse even exist back then?

IIRC from shit like nintendo power Treehouse started shortly after or during paper mario, when one of the translators was getting laughed at by the gooks for getting destroyed by the first paper mario.

Yup. If I remember correctly, they've been around since the N64 era at the latest, probably since Ocarina of Time.

Strange, it seems like they never came up until a couple of years ago. Still, social justice wasn't a thing back then so it was probably just the usual NoA cancer

The part when you can skip half of the game at several parts.
Those seem like good parts to compare.

Except Bowser was comic relief back in Super Mario RPG.

The what now?

Bowser's been comic relief and/or a helping force in every RPG since SMRPG

Typically with a mention that he's an absurdly powerful force to boot, ie Bowser wrecking shit to get back his castle until finding himself blocked at Booster's Tower in SMRPG or literally the entirety of Bowser's Inside Story

Well then nevermind, I'm a dumbass.

Goombella's and Bobbery's dialogue. Both have an obnoxious gimmick to how they talk in the English translation. Also, the accents on bombs and I think the penguins.

That one friendly Koopa in the minor league Glitz Pit, too.

I replayed the game somewhat recently and thought a lot of the dialogue was really cringy but I'm have trouble thinking of examples.

Hey fuck you, Goombella a cute! A CUTE! but yes I'd also like to see how different she was

Goombella talks like a college girl and Bobbery talks like a salty old sea captain… which is exactly what they both are? At least, Bobbery is. OP would have to look at Goombella to see if the Japanese version is any different.

Finally decided to play the real version OP?

あなたはオタクを自殺べき…

God damn if you're not one of the most pretentious kind of faggots around. You give the indie hipsters a run for their money.

君を笑いに来た

Learn more.

The following sentence for example is 💯 % correct. New learners often overuse は and が like in English.

イスークリムを七つください
7 icecreams please.

*アイスークリム

Now its 💯 % correct

Actually you would be better off saying

アイスークリムを七個ください。

Nanatsu with the wo is really awkward form…

LIng long ting tong ching chong

More or less it's Mario RPG tradition that Bowser's either a red herring or isn't the villain of the story and never was, Super Paper Mario made fun of it with Bowser flat-out not caring about the end of days after being abducted until Peach sweettalked him and Mario & Luigi Dream Team subverted it entirely with the original villain Antasma being a simpering faggot who's powerless outside of the dream world and Bowser flat-out using him to get his hands on the wish-granting Dream Stones

Wrong, He was the villain in the first paper mario, and pretty much every paper mario game from sticker star onwards has him as the only villain.

I do always forget about the first one, though as a more general view of Mario RPGs in general (so including Mario & Luigi) Bowser's typically not the villain.

Sticker Star I'd rather pretend not exist since it's poisoning the whole well. Paper Jam was such a bland game I realized I wasn't having fun with it half-way through as a direct result of the Sticker Star elements and haven't picked it up after uninstalling it.