Pokemon Rom Hacks

What are your favorite hacks? What hacks are you currently playing?

Finishing up Fire Red Omega, just have the post game (after the rocket hideout on the islands) and dex completion. It's pretty fun, with most of the bosses being reasonably challenging with competently built teams. No idea how to get the the extra areas or if there's a way to get the other two starters.

Other urls found in this thread:

capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki
romhacking.net/hacks/1981/
romhacking.net/hacks/1991/
romhacking.net/hacks/1947/
volafile.io/r/1MDN3t
mgba.io/
sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_variants#Flying_Pikachu
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_region_serial_code_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_VI#Pok.C3.A9mon_Center_Online_Pikachu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never got into the rom hacks, any good ones to start off with?

I'm playing Liquid Crystal right now, just got to Olivine City, then I surfed around most of the starting area getting into trouble. It's pretty good, if a little rough around the edges.
I find the OC donut steel characters of questionable quality, but their actual teams are well-built without being too overpowering, so I can't complain that much.

r8 my team, I've also got an Ampharos and Beedrill who are around the same level and I switch out to cover various party weaknesses

Oh, I almost forgot I also have a Noctowl I use! Silly me, my team is bigger than I thought.

Also I wish Moemon user would come back to take us for a ride again
;_;

Any good gen 4/5 hacks?

I enjoy them from time to time it just sucks that alot of them are unfinished

Drayano's hacks:
SacredGold/StormSilver (HeartGold/SoulSilver)
BlazeBlack/VoltWhite (Black/White)
BlazeBlack 2/VoltWhite 2 (Black 2/White 2)

err, cool blog post dude

Any good gen 6/ORAS romhack that makes it a bit more challenging? I heard ORAS was crazy easy and it kinda put me off from trying it.

At least I talked about something, nigger.

There's an emerald hack for it.

That fire red hack which replicated Gold, and featured jessie&james stand-ins, as well as a weirdo bug catcher guy and a pair of romancing teenagers.
Shiny Gold was it? There were so many firered-to-gold hack that I no longer remember them all.

I actually really enjoyed that one half/vp/ made with all the custom pokemon and custom world. Felt new and fresh.

Pokemon Sage? Yeah, it was pretty good. If they can stick to it and finish it it'll probably be a rare case of a pokemon hack with good OC.

Can't remember the name, but that might be it.
Did you start in like a mountain village with snow and shit? I might be completely pulling these memories out of a dream at this point.

They were only here a couple months or so ago.

half/vp/ made like three dozen hack attempts.
that's the only board I still miss from halfchan
they never went bad or corrupt, and our generals never quite got up to their level

Well, the one he's talking about, as far as I remember, was Sage. The starters were a hummingbird, a goat, and a lizard.

Looked it up, and yep, that's the one.

I'm playing Stormsilver myself as well as Expert Emerald. Trying to complete the pokedex in both.

only pokehack I've done is pokemon prism, which was really great. Some of the sprites and sounds were dumb, but you can't beat having 600 pokemon on gen II.

lol wut

I'm mitigated on hackroms.

At first, I tried every I had in hand, but most were incomplete or buggy, so I focused on the usual suggestions. Which means I ended with these as favorites -

Moemon 386
Bloody Platinum, Sacred Gold/Storm Silver
Blaze Black & Volt White 1 & 2
I enjoyed Star Sapphire, but not on the level of the older ones. From the comments I've seen here on Holla Forums, there's apparently a new build that seems interesting, but hard to find as a .cia.

Nigga watched too much Naruto.

I havent personally played it but apparently pokemon insurgence is pretty good if your looking for a rom hack with some 6 gen stuff.

You're a sadist aren't you?

Not a romhack, you morons

Yeah, I didn't think that through too well.

What do they do to change the game, and are there no OC donuts?

I can only speak for Sacred Gold, but it mostly seems to be minor tweaks - lots of minor changes to pokemon. Oh, I did answer a quiz in Violet Town and got to pick a 1st generation starter, and the elder of Sprout Tower gave me a handy evolution stone for my Eevee.
No OCs as of yet, but I haven't gotten to Azalea.

wtf

it ends up being the best pick

Fite me bitch nigga

At least they're still working on the project albeit really slowly

Looking for thisssssss?

Insurgence is fucking bullshit. The story is 6edgy12me and poorly written. The game is nothing but fucking grinding.
I’m talking “heal after every single wild battle” grinding. It’s shit unless you cheat, and even then, with six level 120 Pokémon, you get scammed out of wins by level 60s. They’re all faggots.

So this is what a drug deal looks like

How good are the 3ds rom hacks?

>picked up a Gible in Union Cave, fits my party perfectly, even has a good nature
>a Gible for a Beldum

;_;

It was made in fucking RPG Maker man, don't mourn it.

Apparently there's an update thread in half/vp/ every Sunday, but no new demo since the last release.

Dude, they were here not too long ago. Beginning of March, I think.

Pokemon Sigma Emerald… It's really just Emerald with most of the 6th gen mechanics (minus Megas, currently most of the moves from gens 5 and 6, and hidden abilities for some pokemon)…

So you're saying it's the definitive gen 3 remake

It's shit apart from the pokemon designs.

So are you gonna share why, or are we gonna have to guess?

Just finished playing Vega. It's a Japanese Fire Red hack with almost the entire Pokedex replaced with (surprisingly good, mostly) Fakemons. There's also evos for awful mons like Farfetch'd and Dunsparce, but those are mostly postgame exclusive. If you haven't played it before I'd highly recommend it, but the level curve gets a bit silly at times (Gym Leaders have Pokemon 6 levels higher than regular trainers sometimes).
It's also got a mediocre story, but it's a Pokemon game so it doesn't matter. It's also a sequel to two other Emerald hacks made by the same team, but those aren't as great as Vega.
Obviously, there's an English patch for it, but I won't bother linking to it since it's the first result if you search.
tl;dr play Vega, it's honestly the only good hack with Fakemons I've ever played

yes

capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

'>>9334057
We are here right now'

shit, meant to quote

I asked this in a previous thread but I didn't get any responses.

Does anybody have recommendations for Pokemon ROMs that have all that generation's Pokemon, so no trading is necessary? Since I don't have any friends. ;_;

Oh, cool. Have you guys made any threads since then? I recall you said you'd try to do them monthly or something.

All 700 pokemon? Are 500 not enough to capture?

Oh fuck no. I just mean like a Gen I ROM that has all its 151 Pokemon, a Gen II ROM that has the first 251, etc.

I've had trouble finding a copy of Liquid Crystal that's not either a file I have no idea what to do with or from a place that's seedy as fuck.

Clarification: I guess I was only really considering Gen I - III. I'm not really interested in Pokemon beyond that point.

Omega Red has everything except the new starters (Magby, elctabuzz, Jynx) obtainable.

I was about to say Storm Silver, but I guess not.

Anyone have a PAR cheat for XD that lets you catch any trainer's pokemon? I know there are ones for the main games and I think it might make for an interesting change.

I found it by google dude, it can't be that hard.

all of Dray's hacks are full revamps of the game, oftentimes buffing certain pokemon to make them more viable in terms of base stats or level up sets, adding in alternate ways to evolve trade-only pokemon, adding in more variety of wild pokemon as a whole especially in early routes, and increasing the overall difficulty curve of the game by giving gym leaders "competitive teams" and generally just increasing the levels of pokemon found everywhere, wild or trainer.

this is all done without changing the story or characters in the least, and I cant recall a single instance of OC DONUT STEEL.

Whos here has played the real pokemon diamond?

I got the Diamond/Crystal 2-in-1. Farthest I got was Delbi/Belbi Mt. before my save got corrupted.

SHIT! YOU'LL REGRET IT!

We were gonna but I think we are waiting till the next demo is out. We also dropped in another thread a week ago when we got mentioned; a number of us browse.

How's the demo coming?

got it in a spanish multicart

that the one where you gotta ring them up and wait for them to show up?

always laughed at how they would yell at you if it was nighttime

as a kid i thought the swearing was weird for a pokemon game

Don't you mean jade?

Playing Blaze Black's clean version.

What starter should I pick? I'll likely ditch mine ASAP because fuck using something I can get naturally in a all Pokemon hack Also the Gen 5 starters are shit.

Play Blaze Black 2 nigguh, it's an upgrade from 1 in every single way.
I've played both.

Nope it was 2-in-1 with the bootleg Crystal version (the one with DRUG BAG ELF FUCK).

Are there pokemon hacks that have a new story/characters/areas that aren't complete shit?

ash grey

For the Gen III games, try romhacking.net/hacks/1981/ and romhacking.net/hacks/1991/ or romhacking.net/hacks/1947/

I first heard about this hack years ago, but I never thought it would actually get a fan translation patch. Very glad to see that that did indeed happen.

This.

Well enough. Wrapping up stuff, but we still can't say how soon it'll be out.

Thanks, friendo.

The only really great pokemon hack I played was Pokemon Reborn. Well, not really a hack, but an RPG maker game. It's got the hardest gameplay I've ever seen in a Pokemon game and its campaign is 20+ hours long. A big plus is that it features all monster gens, meaning you can pick any starter. It also has unique game mechanics. On the downside and why I refuse to generally recommend it is that it's written by faggots and the story is filled with edgy melodrama and special snowflakes the likes of which you've never seen. Gameplay wise, tho, it spoiled other pokemon games for me.

Could you upload the file to the vola or something, I don't want to have to make an account on the website to get it

volafile.io/r/1MDN3t

The room is created with the patched game and text files for changes. There's also a Moemon patch (which is just a sprite hack) if you want.

For anyone that might use a save editor: DO NOT FUCK WITH ANYTHING FROM GEN 4 AND BEYOND!

Hey, someone else who who actually played this hack! Made it somewhere into the post-game before it got translated a while back, and I was just starting to get back into it after I got the patch. What did you think of the secret areas with invisible paths and the fakemon that completely broke the game (not pic related, was some kind of ghost/dark wisp thing)?

Honestly I think that's the problem with most romhacks out there that aren't simply balance fixes or full pokedex hacks. The creators tend to try too hard to write an unique story that ends up being some dark end of the world shit. Bonus points if they use Ash or shadow pokemon.

Any of them come close to Colosseum's quality?

Not even the requester but thanks user. Do i just need a GBA emulator to play?

Pokemon Quartz.

Half/vp/ was shit.

but if you're gonna miss any halfchan board it may as well be that one

any good emulators you guys recommend?

Some free as in freedom inplementations. They have binaries for Windows too.

mgba.io/
Programmed in c and the most efficient implementation. Can run on a toaster.

sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
More mature.

Any GBA emulator will do. I use either VBA or NO$GBA (which got an official update after fuck nows how many years) personally.

To the patches?

this is great

YOU DA BEST

Yeah played it a long time ago and completed it, it more like digimon with multiple evolve paths tbh.

Goodra should all be female tbqh

god those look awful

>confusion intensifies

Were you born after 2000?

No.
I remember a surfing pikachu in Yellow, but fly? Wish? What the fuck kind of pikachu can do that?

Pikachus don't normally have Surf either, it's just an easter egg you mongoloid.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_variants#Flying_Pikachu

dumbass underaged faggot, Wish is also a common event Pikachu move.

One I don't get.
The wish is what really throws me off. Balloon pikachu isn't too unbelievable, but how's this nigger healing himself?
This pikachu is magical. It must be some kind of apex rodent.

Fly and Surf: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_region_serial_code_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_VI#Pok.C3.A9mon_Center_Online_Pikachu
Wish comes by breeding. It’s a legal moveset.

I’d love if 1. Cosplay Pikachu applied to all of them 2. The cosplaying was different forms that also added typing.

Oh, fuck. Pokemon learn the oddest things from their parents.
And I'm not underaged, I just never played Yellow. Silver was my first pokemon game and honestly, I always thought Pikachu was shitty.

Morty killed my team.

Goodra should be hermaphrodite because its a slug

I've been playing Touhou Puppet Pals, and this game doesn't fuck around.

Solid pokemon like though, no gyms, HM's are usable items, and the animations are good enough on the Toohoos. Cant wait for the expansion to get translated, since this is doing Pokemon better than Pokemon.

Go to pokemonfloraskyrom.com and download that shit
NOW
This is my favourite rom hack apart from probably Light Platinum and the destinedjagold series

Is it bad that Bugsy's given me the most trouble so far?
You're just asking for a bad time.

LMAO what are u all like 5yo?

filtered

I nuzlocke in all the romhacks I play. Well, the "challenge" ones, anyway. It's pretty fun, but I haven't finished a single run. I think I got farthest in Sacred Gold.
Had a couple losses along the way, but Morty just ran train.
Made it to 2 badges. My final two pokemon, The tadpole evolution and my newly acquired Liligant, appropriately named Hope, died in the forest to poison and a critical hit.
Roxie raped my shit.

Eh, wasn't too bad, but I see how you might have some issues. I haven't played in a couple years. Maybe I'll try another run.

Good luck, I hope you don't plan on beating the game.

Thanks. I doubt I'll actually complete any runs, but it's all in good fun, right?

If that's how you want to enjoy the game.
Personally, I think the hacks up the difficulty enough to where I don't need to nuzlock the game to have fun anymore, you know?