ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nvpb3C
youtube.com/watch?v=cMe9QWRePeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm running a poor old laptop that doesn't even support opengl past 1.3
can't really play anything that's came out in the last few years and isn't 2d

i5 4x3.3 ghz
gtx 560ti
16 gb ram single channel

No cuz I'm at work on my phone and I don't remember all the specs but it can run Skyrim at Ultra but has problems running most Unity games at Fantastic as well as Lego Batman 3 even though Lego Marvel Superheroes ran just fine and while I'm at it Lego Batman 3 a shit because it doesn't even have free roam like why the fuck would you downgrade a sequel aren't they supposed to be better than the previous installments fucking corporate misers and what's the deal with mods anyways I spend 450 USD on a prebuilt beast and I try to join the PC master race and all they're doing is playing SNES roms and japanese text adventures like goddammit I want a full conversion mod that turns Skyrim into Tron but no all I get is a big floppy dick and cat ears at least GTA has map mods even if they are just stupid ramps and not new islands which is bullshit I mean why the fuck do I have a PC anyways if I can't turn every video game into a first person walking simulator because that's what I really want but no I get Five Nights at Freddy's and Shower With Your Dad Simulator fuck this shit I'm going back to my PS1 at least they had good games on there like Bubsy 3D and Tail of the Sun

saved

u alright m8?

Huh.

Straight up son

Waste of trips.

i7 4770k, 2x GTX780. I water cooled but never overclocked. Maybe I should but I'm just too lazy and never play vidya.

The GPU is 5770, but it gets listed as 5700 series in a lot of system information displaying programs. It's all an old rig with the CPU, mobo and RAM upgraded. I might upgrade my GPU soon.

FX-6350
R9 390
8GB DDR3
500GB Samsung EVO SSD

hipster

ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/nvpb3C

Should I get the new nvidia cards?
I have 1100$ saved for a new rig and my laptop is about to die.
I have to get an nvidia card because they seems to work better with the software I use for work

You say Potato, I say 4K.
You say Toaster, I say 6-Core.
Potato, 4K, Toaster, 6-Core.
Let console plebs fuck off. ~♫

PC gaming is a meme

what are some good PS4 games?

ITT

Gentoo installed.
HL2 episode 3 runs at 67 fps

You put the month and date in the wrong order

Depends what card you have right now.
I would honestly not get the 1080 for a couple reasons
The GTX 1080 as it stands right now is a piece of shit for the price and for the size of the die
Not to mention it's only going to be more than 20% more powerful than a 980 Ti at best
They're literally charging $700 for a mid-range chip, if they that means the 1080 Ti is probably going to be $849 and the Titan P is going to be $1299

AMD Polaris cards are not targeted for mid-range and most likely won't be more than $300, rumors speculate it'll be near 980 Ti performance for $300 for Polaris10 GPU but, no real benchmarks

I would wait for big die chips with HBM2 memory.
1080 Ti/Titan P or AMD Vega big chip GPUs are going to be fucking powerhouses, and I'm putting my money on AMD Vega being the most powerful GPU of 2016-2017.

jesus christ what the fuck are you doing to that poor processor

I'm interested in the 1070, the 1080 is too expensive for me.
a shitty 5 yr old mobile card, I only have my laptop, and its slowly dying, I'm giving it 2 moths before it dies for good.

Used to run at around 130 degrees constantly for the CPU until I got thermal paste to put on it. I was pretty conservative with it since I've never really tooled around with computer innards before so I'll probably end up applying more later and seeing if there's any benefit or if I just make a mess.

God help me when the day comes where I can build a computer

Goodness gracious, that is a spicy ball of meat.

Just pick up a Xbox 360 bruh.

It's an oddly reliable ol' girl though I'm slavering at the thought of being able to play Metal Gear Rising at framerates above 20 FPS. Dynasty Warriors 8 runs surprisingly decently and it plays most every game I toss at it through Steam, along with coping well with emulation ie Dolphin or PCSX2. I'm honestly surprised these old integrated graphics run as well as they do, though the heat is a concern; I half-suspect it's the drivers because I've overheated so badly the system shut off with one or two games which never happened until I did a fresh install of Windows after a HDD failure (fucking Seagate).

I guess I could try and track down the OEM drivers, if possible. AMD's VISION Engine Control Center thing doesn't werk like the old drivers used to.

I've never seen a picture more horrifying in my entire adult life

I built this around 2011-2012 and the only thing I added onto it was a new GPU and a H80 corsair cpu cooler.
I should really update this thing

Should be here in a few days actually
youtube.com/watch?v=cMe9QWRePeE

Just look at dat silky smooth framerate ;^)

Waiting for the new cards to come out, but everything else is pretty new.

Looks like a neat idea if it was a proper rig but just fucking why?

Stay jealous, peasants.

egh budget build for $400

Phil Fish/10

I built something similar but with an FX 8300/R7 370.
For the little amount of money I spent on that thing it's a fucking beast, not to mention my FX 8300 OC's to 4.5 comfortably on air and my R7 370 overclocks better than my Fury X.
Little fucker is stable at 1225core/1625 mem.

This is the equivalent of women that take pictures of things where they themselves occupy half the photo.

You're a humongous faggot on that alone and I haven't even touched the other shit wrong with your post.

I love my PC, but I'm returning to a Macintosh for the first time in 15 years if Microsoft refuses to contain their shit.

Seriously, had I not turned off manual updates, I'd have needed to RMA my motherboard, meanwhile, even if I was up for the spyware and tabletshit of Windows 10, I don't qualify for the free upgrade because I have an OEM key.

Only the Enterprise version is the only good copy of W10.

overall pretty satisfied with this thing.

I kinda want to upgrade when zen and polaris is going to come out… but why bother, most modern games are terrible and the few good ones can run on above average potatoes.

I paid way too much for this hunk of shit considering I even put it together myself. Struggles to get consistent 45FPS on medium settings with a lot of newer games. Last time I follow some JewTube memebuilding channel.

what GPU do you have? 270/x?

i was thinkgen of getting one of these or the other 700 us dollar shitposting machine

Mine won't be anything special soon, but I'm too cheap to upgrade yet.

Rate me nerds.

Right now? A shitty budget laptop that can't even run Crypt of the Necrodancer at 60fps

I want to build a desktop but I keep hearing Polaris is just around the corner, so I don't know if I want to wait for that or go with FX6300/R7 370 4GB

Got it a little over a week ago, it's good enough for me considering I've been using laptops all my life up to this point.

Lied to/10

You were saying, peasant

Not gonna lie, that mainframe terminal makes me wet

Uh, no? Go fuck yourself, maybe?

Here's a pic of my rig, but you're still a faggot!

Good goy!
sure kid

Tail of the Sun is a good game though.

That's fucking delectable, what do you use it for?

Playing video games, and archiving warez. Displayport and USB are running through the wall to my battle station.

I got fallout 4 to run at 30FPS modded.
☉‿☉

>>>/out/

I have that APU in one of my HTPC's
14nm APUs are going to be fucking dope when they release in 2017, I seriously would not doubt that a solid 14nm APU could play any game at decent frame rates at medium settings under 100w come next year.

It's probably what AMD has been envisioning since they bought out ATI a decade ago.

Nah man. I'm here to stay.

I just bought these parts today. I know I could have min-max'd harder (I hope to really squeeze the last bits of performance out of the top binned components rather than gamble on the low) and "new tech any minute now," but I just got sick of waiting and had the money so I finally pulled the trigger on what I'm pretty sure will last me at least a few more years of mid-high gaming. I am also aware wifi is less than ideal.

I also bought an antlion modmic because it's such a freemarket answer to shitty headsets and I want to support products like it.

If you are just running 1080p, then that is a fine build for high gaming for the next few years. I went the lower route with a 8320e and cheap motherboard with the specific notion of upgrading to zen in 2-3 years and thus reducing the total amount spent.

Was thinking to upgrade my CPU and video card as well to something similar to that (cheaper GPU though, maybe a 270x or something). My motherboard supports those FX chips but I'm trying to hold out for the Zen… to at least see if it's going to be worth it or not. Hopefully the Vishera goes down in price if I decide not to shoot for the newer cpus.

I have a 500GB SSD sitting here but I haven't installed it yet, since it's to replace my C: drive

Is that XANA in the background of the second pic?

instead ill look at hentai

Holds up surprisingly well, anything from around 2013-14 I can do ultra settings @ 1080p with 60+ FPS and the temperatures stay cool even with a stock heatsink on the CPU. Particle effects are a bitch tho

Nice case, what brand ?
also what is up with the penguins ?

Thermaltake Versa N21. (With a bunch of purple LED fans/strips tossed into it.)

I love Penguins. I've collected a few over the years.

There's actually 8GB of ram.

511?!

did you edit that nigger

I think something might be wrong with your GPU

user, please re-purpose that gpu into a blast furnace

I know this feel
I'm very glad that virtual disc drives are a thing.

Reapply your thermal paste/Get a better cooler

I've had this rig for 18 months now. Never any trouble. Overclocked the GPUs so I can run most games at ultra with no AA at 2160p at 60fps. With no stutter.

I know, but I have a whole stack of old cds, and I don't want to torrent what I could just pop into my comp.

It's an office laptop from something like 2008 or 9

I think my motherboard was designed to look for a disc in a drive to install an os, but I don't have one. So it would just give me and error, loop around and reboot.

Obviously since I bought new hdds they had nothing on them. So what I ended up doing was going to an old prebuilt with vista on it and transferring the files from the windows disc I have onto the new hdd and then when the mobo couldn't find the optical drive it booted to the install screen.

nothing special, but it plays games well enough
just finished shantae without issue

8GB ram
R7 240
Dual core at 3.70

I honestly see no reason to upgrade as i can run almost every single game at medium-high, aside from obvious ones like crysis 3 or witcher 3.
I was really excited for TW3 and was ready to go all out and buy a new rig until it was revealed that it was going to be a downgraded piece of shit.

Millennials: The Post

i ain't no american.

You can thank Gen X for him existing.

What? Where did I mention getting a 970?

I'm going with full AMD no matter what, since I loathe GameWorks and I dislike Intel's practices.

Both Polaris/Vega and Zen are right around the corner.
I'd consider waiting for both

that's a bit disingenuous
Polaris is only going to be targeted at the "mainstream" GPU market (sub $300 USD), and Zen/Vega possibly won't be seen until early 2017.

Although there are rumors that Zen and Vega will share an October 2016 launch but I think that's being very generous

i5 3470 @ 3.9
6GB ddr3 1333
9500gt ddr2 1GB

My gpu blew, RIP IN PEACE 560ti.
Not bad for [spoiler]Africa[spoiler]

ooga booga spoilers are hard

Everything but some 2015 - 2016 games run at high - max settings @1080p and 50 - 60 fps, had to lower some settings in DS III to keep decent framerates, i am thinking about selling it already to get better stuff after Polaris comes out, time goes too fast damn, just 2 and a half years and i already have an outdated toaster

I like Killer instinct and it is the sole reason i installed win 10, i got secondary Xubuntu drive but i don't use it too often , as i manly do nothing but games/ internet