Doom 3 did literally nothing wrong

Doom 3 did literally nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Head_Studios
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doom 3 a shit

YOUR SON IS THE VILLAIN YOU HAVE TO EITHER NUKE HIM OR KILL BOSTON

It tried too hard to be System Shock 3 instead of Doom.

Somehow I always knew Doom took place in Boston.

I would fuck a hell knight

ama

Objectively shit taste, OP.

You are wrong OP.

iktfb

this is literally the worst fucking video game meme

no, shit games continue to remain to be shit, quit this apologist for historically bad game shit you fucking faggots, Doom 3 flashlight simulator is fucking garbage don't even try to exonerate this you fucknig revisionist 20 year old faggot whose first 'scary game' was doom3 and you thought it was good because you it was your first taste of acting like an adult

(GOOD OL' 9/11)
Top or bottom?

(checked)

Both

You will live to see Holla Forums appriciate Skyward Sword.

I wonder if it's even remotely possible for that to happen to Fallout 4

i did not hit her

its a spooky notdoom game.

you will live to see everything you love getting bought by either a big name company that will "make sure it appeals to newer players aswell as long-time fans !"

Is that what Doom 3 really looked like? I never played it, but I always see pictures of the lighting and shit, and I imagined it looked great. That looks like a can of smashed assholes though.

Yes it is. Everything in Doom 3 looks like it's made of plastic.

a decade can do funny things to how you remember shit

imagine the time period. normal maps were actually a big thing then, and in Doom3's case they were 8bit and color limited.

Which one of those categories does "sucking it off" fall into?

Isn't closing in on 15 years now

That's only if they release a version that doesnt require motion controls.

Has it really been that long?

Probably bottom

Not Detroit?

doom 3 is worse than doom 4

Doom 4 looks surprisingly fun. Im not buying yet till I know more tho.

I agree, fellow Holla Forumsirgin.

It's like they took the DNA of DOOM and translated it so that modern gamers could enjoy it!

You should pre-order now though, before they're all sold out. That's what I did!

But that's part of the Zelda Cycle. That shit is like fucking clockwork, it happens every time a new 3D Zelda is released.

Its not true, its bullshit!

Are you retarded, if there was a way to disable cinekills D44m would be the better game by a longshot, it's faster, it looks better, it isn't black all the fucking time. Doom 3 was a mistake.

Just saying it looks a bit fun. Would be worth a pirate to make sure imo. This is ID Software tho, so pirating is prolly the order of the day to be sure.

Yeah, it was an alright game on its own but it wasn't a good sequel to Doom 2.

Get fucked, it has denuvo :^)

Nah man. There won't be any good remakes of Doom levels in Bethesdoom.

Nope, while Doom 3 wasn't a very good Doom game at least it didn't have all the casual shit that Doom 4 has and it was a PC first shooter. Enemies weren't piñatas that gave you health and shit, no press X to instakill demon, no weapon selection wheel…

Oh, and no fucking upgrade shit.

Denuvo 2.0 hasn't been cracked, only circumvented.

Implying it matters when you can play the game. You're just arguing semantics when the end result is the same. The game ends up pirateable if popular. Doom won't be any exception.

Denuvo still fucks over the game itself and im not talking about the SSD rumor that wasnt true.

It also had those cool mouse cursor computer monitors that I can't believe more games don't do.

Also had you visit a website to get the code for some lockers, liked the idea behind it but I didnt really want to alt tab or close the game to do it.

Denuvo can't be cracked because it constantly evolves. With older DRM you only had to break it once.

IDGAF personally because Denuvo is only on AAA (mostly) Western games. Don't even want to pirate Doom. It will be on sale for 9.99 in a year anyways.

cycle continues

Doom 3 was shit.

But at least it was memorable unique shit.

Doomed won't be remembered in 2 months.

Quake 4 was better

Only way i'm touching mooooooooom 4 is if it gets cracked

I don't remember having to do that,
then again I bruteforced the BFG code door

There were a few computers referencing to a site with martian in it and you actually had to go to that site to get the code for the locker.

This meme is not taking off. Everyone seems to like it, and I think I know why. It's designed to effectively bring in newcomers and casuals into Doom. Those who avoided it because it was "outdated and uncool" will now boost their egos with this "cool new thing. Look how badass I am for playing it."

Part of me is fine with that because I want this pansy-ass attitude "normalfags" have towards games to die. I don't mind them embracing ultraviolence if some concessions have to be made at the start of the reboot process.

I've actually liked D3 since I played it. I just never had much to say, since it's not a good Doom game.

Yeah, that was cool. Prey used that gimmick better though and had a a lot more cool shit in it but it was also a better game in general. But I liked the small touches in Doom 3, there was many good things in the game. Visually it looks great still, with its sharp dark stencil shadows that aren't seen in games anymore and things such as functional mirrors.

Quake 4 was pretty good but apart from a few standouts like the stroggification scene, some bossfights and such it wasn't that much better than Doom 3.

I always thought that Doom 3 got an unfair amount of hate due to not being judged by its own merits but being rated by how well it did things that the original Doom did. It was an alright game, not terrible but not great either.

The Doom reboot looks similarly mediocre only with more recent trends slapped on which makes it worse if you ask me.

I watched my brother play some Doom on his PS4, and it was kind of sad to see.

The game's fast, has good framerate, the imps look nice in action, the layout resembles Doom 3, but the combat is so damn easy. You don't even have to aim your shotgun,because if the Imp doesn't die, you can always walk up to him and press button to win. The weapon selection wheel looks cumbersome as hell.

It's sad to see that something good and enjoyable could've been made with that.

At least the Revenant figurine is nice.

WE WUZ DAMINS N SHEEIT

Low enemy count.
The artifact was too stupid strong and broke the game.

You have a flash light
What's wrong with the cyberdemon as the final boss?

7:48

I don't think he was complaining that it was a cyberdemon, but just how the fight worked.

Fair enough. It was pretty dumb. Should've just ripped off Doom 2's boss and called it a tribute.

Doom 3 was awesome at the time and a classic benchmark game but I guess kids only care about whats current

Prey is better Doom 3, than Doom 3

You know as much as I'd like to agree with this, Doom 3 still came off as more fun then Doom 4. The enemies in Doom 4 just stand there two thirds of the time while Doom 3 enemies actually do things. Not to mention that gay air humping flinch.

My main problem with Doom 3 wasn't even the speed or the switching to horror, but the shitty gunplay. Most of the guns, even the shotgun, didn't feel like it had nearly the same impact that Doom 1/2's had.

Is that really fair, though? Doom 1 would look similarly easy if you're watching someone play on ITYTD, right? We should be comparing Ultra-violence to Ultra-violence.

Now this is the greatest post in this thread.

Now this is the greatest post in this thread.

Doom64 was the best Doom 3.

I think Doom3 suffered from a slightly less obvious problem; this was at the cusp of tech that allowed dynamic shadows, bump-mapping and all that other fancy-pant shit we take for granted and for better (and imo mostly worse) the game suffered for it because it was one of the first using this tech (this engine at least.)

Prey came a bit later once mistakes were learned, as did quake, and they're the better for it. Doom3 got the 'honour' of being the first out the gates with all the shit that entails. I remember a mod that tweaked shit like the shotgun's spread and the demon's corpse fade times and it made Doom3 significantly more enjoyable.

Regardless of whether Doom 3 was first out the gate, it just wasn't very fun to play. All the newest tech of the time couldn't hide the fact that the gameplay was worse than something from 1993.

Game is a fucking abomination and Raven should be ashamed of themselves for making that garbage. Level design is linear shit with some of the most drab and boring map designs I have ever seen.

Art direction is fucking terrible and enemies are bullet sponges.

At least Doom 3 had a great cohesive art direction and the game was designed around the engine. The game was solidly paced and the ambient sound design was amazing. Weapons were weird and weak and it was claustrophobic, but it played great as an id FPS with System Shock atmosphere.

Doom 3 was good it just wasn't Doom. Which has been the problem with everything after D2.

I love the spoopy atmosphere, I'm perfectly okay with the game being dark, but the separated flashlight is the only thing that makes me mad. What the hell were they thinking? Grab some flashlight mod to improve the gameplay vastly. Preferably YAFM-HL.

Only le hardcuck oldskewl carmack doom gaymers hate Doom 3, for whatever reason. Bunch of autistic fags tbh. Maybe it was more dynamic, but 2.5D fps games with stiff physics are boring to look at no matter what. No mod can fix it.

Doom 4 with glory kills turned off looks more fun as an action FPS though, but it doesn't have the ALIENS-esque atmosphere of Doom 3.

Doom 2 was a shit """""""sequel"""""""" to begin with. Doom 64 is the real Doom 2.

I never said D3 was 'great'. It needs modding (especially the weapons) for it to be good, but it has some really good ideas and implements them very well, too. Those fucking trikes and tics were little shits and I honestly hated those bits more than the monster cupboards.

Doom 3 was a massive disappointment at the time other than for the industry-redefining graphics, "kid".

The latter.

doom 3 unmodded is the worst fucking game ever

doom 3 bfg adds in flashlight mod

The only positive thing I can say about Doom 3 is that it tried to do something different from the formula of the former two games.
It wasn't even that bad of a horror fps but the big name brought it down.
They should've just changed the name, making it a new IP and it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal.
Yet it has its flaws no matter what name it carries.

You can't turn glory kills off. They'll always be in the game.
What you can do however is disabling the visual indication that an enemy can be glory killed (that orang-blue glowing).
This still doesn't fix that they designed the game around those kill moves.
There is a reason why glory kills give you health and ammo pick ups. If you don't use them the game will just be comically hard at some point.

Doom 4 also has other problems like RPG-Elements, killrooms, multiplayer and a discount modding tool by the name of SnapMap.
It just feels like one of the worst Painkiller Add-Ons.

Doom 3 is okay. It's decently captivating on ultra-violence as far as gameplay goes, it's immersive and it looks cool.

Which design?

Tbh, they should've learned some gameplay lessons from Quake.

You can't use 90% of the arsenal with a flashlight

fucking plebs trying to talk about doom….

pshh….

*teleports behind everyone, consequently gibbing everyone with super shotgun blast*

Doom 3 did everything wrong.

Eh, where did you get this? Have you played the game, because I haven't and I have no idea. The only source I get is a reddit thread from 2 weeks ago or so. No one has talked about turning off the glory kills. Well that kinda sucks if that's true.

Fucking download the mod dumbass. It's called YAFM-HL

Don't let anyone tell you your fancy Mars base is too technologically advanced to bother bringing Duct Tape.

I played the game over at a friends house because I sure won't pay 60€ (80€ if you want the season pass) for a game that I probably won't like.
One of the first options you find when opening the settings tab is the "Glory Kill Highlight" one.
This is the only setting that has an influence on the glory kill system and what it does is just removing the visual indication whether or not an enemy can be glory killed.
See pic related.
shit resolution, I know but I didn't find any better pictures

Okay then, I'm convinced.

Well, one or two glory kills to replenish ammo won't hurt…

I played a bit and the glory kills are sort-of necessary.

If you use them you get health.
If you exploderise someone you get health (so gibbing with shotguns and barrels, ect) and there are health kits lying around.

The chainsaw gets an honourable mention because of how it works. I don't like how it works (glorified glory kill) but I get the logic to it. This one vomits out ammo and health, so you can keep stuff like the rocket lawnchair and plasma rifle going even in levels where the pickups are rare. Within reason.

———
I'm about 3 or 4 levels in and barring what appears to be a memory leak, it's a perfectly decent game. The problem imo is it's got 'Doom' over it. It plays like Doom 3 only better lit, faster teleportations for the demons, and with brutal-doom style finishers.
So I'm still going to be playing Doom and Doom II.

He's probably talking about the third game's design.
The second game has a cool Hell Knight, the fourth game's Hell Knight looks fucking shit though.

my main gripe with doom 4 is enemies don't look like demons or anything that would emerge from hell at all

i guess the biblical and satanic mythology and classic dungeons and dragons is way too fedoratastic for them and just took the reference of what does scare them. i mean look at the hellknight from d44m. it's a fucking walking penis

The only ones that looked helly were pinkie and the hellknights.
I'm yet to run into pinky, but I'm surprised they basically copied D3's Hell Knight appearance.

I could imagine the lack of horns just being them cucking out and not wanting to upset christians and soccer mums

Remember that dungeons and dragons sterilised all that shit from itself at one point

The flashlight mechanic is fine.

If I have to download a mod to fix the fucking game then the game is shit in the first place you cocksucker, especially on release.

Good thing Doom 4 atleast has the proper Baron of Hell… which the Hell Knight was a recolor of.

it's playable without the mod, it's supposed to be a horror game that is played without the mod, but you're such a fucking bummer so there you go, a 100 kilo fucking bytes flashlight mod, you goddamn weenie fucking cuck

They wanted to make the darkness a part of the gameplay and have the player use the flashlight strategically rather than just have it turned on all the time. The BFG edition made the flashlight work as in other shooters and made the game brighter but it completely fucked up the pacing and gameplay. Since this was one of the first games with really realistic shadows they made a point of involving them in the gameplay and hid things in the darkness as a part of the level design.

If you want to play it as a classic Doom game then sure, removing the darkness from the gameplay is something you would want to do but Doom 3 was more survival horror than straight up shooter.

That's the point.

how'd they manage that?

Feels too much like a horror game but without anything notable that you would find in a horror game

Also, I can use the flashlight and shoot at the same time!

Prey was such a good game, it's a shame we'll never get that sequel.

Decent gameplay, but that heavy handed story rubbed me the wrong way.

I remember the notshodan and alien demon children but no racial stuff, unless you count that intro with those two drunks into that.

Yeah, Bethesda fucked Human Head hard when they tried to make one. I've heard a rumor that Bethesda has a new one in the works tho.

They tried to pull an ID on them as well.
sabotage the fuck out of the project, get the studio in a really bad monetary spot and then offer to "save" them and buy them out, as well as their ips and technology.

Now someone is going to post the screencap about call of cthulhu and im going to read it again and get angry again

I replayed it recently and there was quite a bit of soft anti-white rhetoric from old gramps.

Also portraying whites as dumb racist drunks while the natives (which in reality are almost exclusively dumb, racist drunks) is pretty fucking disgusting.

They did that with Arkane too. They just wanted to make original games such as Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah and Dishonored but they got fucked too and now they're stuck slaving away at Dishonored sequels for all foreseeable future with zero creative freedom under Bethesda.

I even remember an user who worked at the company posting about the fights between the Jews at Bethesda and the company leads, the DLC for Dishonored was actually cut levels from the main game but the user didn't think they would release them due to the principles of the Arkane leads. Then they did it anyway because Bethesda owns Arkane now and can do whatever they want with the company.

I know EXACTLY what you are referring to, but i don't have it saved on this pc.

*while the natives are portrayed as upstanding, good people

Oh yeah, that was fucking terrible.

Thanks

Hello darkness my old friend…

I thought human head walked away with the ip and that they still own it?

No
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Head_Studios

So, who owns the damn game now?

I remember being no more than 10 when my older bro played it
I had nightmares from that one sequence where you find the dead girl in the sewers
No other western game made me feel like that. They really were on their way of making a western horror game that could stand toe to toe with Silent Hill.

That's horrible, I can't believe a publisher would deliberately sabotage their own game.

The one they developed? I think it's stuck in some rights hell where Bethesda can't release it but Human Head don't own the property so they can't either or something like that. It was pretty much done when Bethesda shut the project down, real shame nobody will get to play it.

Bethesda owns the IP now and they are making an entirely new sequel with the help of some other sucker dev studio.