Help remembering games you played thread

Can anyone give me a hand finding some game I played way back (probably 12+ years ago).

It was likely open source (certainly it was free) and involved making bases on asteroids + defending them against aliens or random environmental shit. I seem to remember you could also move between asteroids and build ships of your own.

Probably 3D but perhaps isometric/sprites.

I've given up hope of ever finding it again and suspect it won't live up to my vague memories but if anyone knows please tell.

pic obviously unrelated.

I'll bump your thread with my own request.

I remember this one adventure game, it was like an old point and click game but you went around solving puzzles and figuring shit out to progress, can't even remember if there were monsters or not. Anyways the game took place in some sort of hospital or mental asylum or some shit.
One of the puzzles I remember was having to use a thermal camera's recording to see the order of the numbers pressed by a nurse on a numpad to open a door and the protagonist was a wise ass that kept cracking crappy jokes. The only one that stuck to me was when you find a table where a game of Russian roulette had happened and he comments that he once played it by himself and lost. I barely remember the game so I can't be much more specific, I think it had some sort of psychological horror stuff going on where there were monsters but the hospital/asylum was working properly and you didn't know if it was just you tripping or monsters were really killing people. This last part might not even be accurate, since I can't remember much.

Forgot to say, the game wasn't point and click, but felt like one because of the puzzle solving nature, saging for double post.

I'll also add that it was 3D.

COLOBOT maybe ?

Really old RTS. It was 2D but used prerendered CG. You had villagers, the males had big afro looking hair, you could put a man and woman in a house to make children, who then grew up. Women were used to gather crops and I think could be trained to be witches while men did mining and could be trained to be soldiers. There were two different factions, one red and one blue, both were humans. i think the blue side had more steel armor kind of look to them. The game had a European feel to it.

Unfortunately that's all I remember.

I have a game I don't remember much about but i'll list the few things I do remember in case someone might know what it is.

It's on Ps2.
The game was in 3d but kinda an overhead look to it
It's a jrpg with more actiony game play
The main character wore this tacky gold armor. I believe he wore this armor on the cover.
It was a dungeon crawler that was supposed to be hard

That's all I can really remember from the game. I never got far into when I first played it but I've always wanted to track it down and play it again.

populus?

This one's old, so my memories of it are quite nebulous:

3/4 view rts-ish/point & click PC game in which you lead a team of explorers/scientists/climbers and make them survive through hiking and climbing himalaya-like mountains.

The only other thing i remember is them suffering hypothermia all the fucking time.
Back then i was probably too young to understand the game's mechanics, so my climbers died at a stupidly fast rate.

Any idea?

sounds like Tower of Druaga.

or more specifically, Nightmare of Druaga. that series had a really dumb naming convention going on.

Thanks a ton anons.

I'll bump with an off-topic request for the song in this webm

Anyone know if that game's worth looking into?

What system?

PC, completely forgot to mention the system.

post some old shareware games

k

It was a freeware, top-down space RTS, with visuals sorta like old vector graphics games (or sorta like Warning Forever)

Note that I don't mean Battleships Forever here, of course (what am I, a pleb?) This was from around 2005, I think.

Man, Piranha Panic was pretty good. The guy who did that game made another one about football and Melker's Hunt or something like that. I can't find the full version of any for free, I mean

In that topic, all those games came in something called "Mega Kids" that was sold with a paper news in my country. It had a shit load of game demos, good ones from what I can recall, and I can't fucking find them anywhere. It was an encyclopedia of sorts, which wasn't bad either.

Afraid not, it was more like a city-builder or god game.

Also if anyone knows of a point and click type of game where you start off in a cell in a space ship or space station I'm trying to remember that too.

It might have been an adventure game rather than a pure point and click. First level had you avoiding a patrolling robot and trying to deactivate lasers iirc.

space quest?

Nope. Fuck I wish I could remember more about it but having people make babies instead of popping units out a barracks is the only unique feature of it that comes to mind.

Settlers?

Sanitarium maybe?

Possibly but the art style doesn't look right to me. I suspect it was mid 90s but I played it while young so my memory isn't perfect.

There was this 2D MMO type thing I played with a rather massive tutorial island, what had a pretty heavy resource gathering system.
Could cut trees, fish, mine, farm, all that. Was fairly involved, too.

Can't really remember what it is, and it's been a long time. I do recall, the squares it was built around were up-down, rather than that diagonal shit.
Came in a really shoddy seeming launcher. Like something out of Win 95, basically. Think Byond's SS13 box, but without such a large covering.

Black and White works like that.

Runescape?

runescapes tutorial island didn't come out till much later, you used to just start in Lumberg or whatever it was called castle with no i instructions.

PC game from late 90s, its an FPS/TPS vehicle combat game, you could pilot tank that can transform into plane/spaceship. Kill other tanks, spaceships, bases and rescue people, you could travel from planet to planet.

Not a Battlezone or Infested.

Was RS 2d at some point? Neat.

I think it was probably a gook game, though it was in english. It was rather shoddy in places, I recall, which is what makes me guess.

A flash game from lego technic I think, in which you crash land on a barren planet with a machine factory that you use to make robots that explore the planet, using specific commands that you need to preprogram the bot with

Nope. The artstyle looks very similar though, with that early 3D thing going on. It also wasn't as complex, no need to worry about roads or anything like that. It must be obscure as fuck, since I've been unable to find it for years on any RTS website/list.

Recoil?

I know that one!
Stormrunner, I believe.

I can't get it to work, though. Fucking Java.
You figure out how, let me know.

YES
thanks fam

no maybe you're thinking of Tibia?

No, its not a Recoil.

I can remember having played a game that was very like a knock-off Settlers way back which might be what you're looking for.

Sadly I can't remember the name either so no joy. I'll have a look through one of my boxes of games though since it was long enough ago I'd have had it as a physical copy.

Looking for an old freeware star wars based games, pretty sure it was a rogue lite in the sense that upon death, parts of the map would shift In the starting area was yoda, combat may have been rpg style. Also sprites.

This isn't something I'd expect to find, pretty sure it was from website with a shit ton of user made games to download.

Just remembered, starting area was all snowy, so it probably began on hoff.

Could be. I'd have to give it a shot to be sure.
It was something like a good seven to eight years, after all.

Cultures?

It was Scorched Planet all along. I remember having Scorched in its title and was mistaking it with Scorched Earth. Wow took me 20 years to remember it.

Nope, looked very similar and I got excited until I noticed the UI. It played more like a traditional RTS than a citybuilder outside of having to gather crops and make kids. The only other thing I remember is that the ore that you had to mine was reddish purple.

I remember playing a game on the original playstation where you play as an ayy lmao kind of alien, in a action adventure/third person shooter. You could choose levels (planets?) via your spaceship and I think it was somewhat open-world. The soundtrack was pretty chill too.

I've looked around, but I can't find anything.

I asked this long ago and got an answer, but me being a dumbass, I forgot the name.

The game was a 2D run-and-gun for the PC and from what I remember from the last time I asked, it was a brazilian game. The main character was this lizard-humanoid thing with robotic limbs. Your health bar was a pair of eyes, which got more bloodshot the more damage you took. If you died, the eyes were entirely red. A lot of platforming was involved and it was pretty difficult. The action was bloody and explosive. Some of the levels I remember were underground levels with Easter Island heads shooting orbs at you and a cybernetic themed level with unbelievably tough robots. Also, sometimes the enemies would fight each other.

On an unrelated note:
What was this cat's name again? Harrz?

No, when I first heard the name I thought I had found my game but the one I'm talking about's 3D, like Silent Hill (dunno if it had tank controls or fixed camera angles though)

Star Wars: Yoda Stories?

PS1 game, you could control a tank, some cars or a motorcycle and drive around a city. It was a sandbox game with no clear objective IIRC, you would just ram into cars and damage public property. One notable feature is that if you crashed the tank into other vehicles, they would get catapulted away beyond the render distance. There was rock music playing on repeat.

It's not Twisted Metal or Carmageddon.

I think it's a dreamcast game.

Maybe it's Rush 2047, but it involves different types of hover cars with weapon pick ups scattered around its maps. I think the cars can switch between hover mode and not.

It's also p.fun.

i remember a game whit an isometric perspective where yo ucontrolled a yellow robot and you had to kill some aliens and then go to an extraction point, you controlled the robot turret whit the mouse and you could cicle beetween dferent weapons, the main one was a machine gun, i remember it having 2D graphics.

also more shareware

Outbound?