Just got my first PS2 emulator to work

what are some good games for this thing?

Steambot Chronicles

This. Also R.A.D

Okage: the shadow king

Go get the special build of 1.0.0 and play Valkyrie Profile 2.

Shinobi, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand

I played that a few months ago and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the worst games and wasted potential i've ever played.

How do you make such a neat concept so fucking boring. Everything after get off the bridge is terrible.

Several of these games are also on PC.
Charts like this should only list exclusives.

story of a sonygger's life

Warship Gunner 2

Thank me later.

Are you 14 or something?
Holy fucking shit

What genre are you into?

I like RPG's, Rhythm Games, platformers and shmups

Frequency and Amplitude are nice Rhythm games, the first 3 Guitar Heroes can be played with a controller, the SMT games are great most people say to start with P3 but I would go with DDS1 and 2.

The first 4 .Hack games are also alright but are definitely products of their time. KH2FM on critical mode is also worth a run. And the only SHMUP I've played on PS2 was R-Type Final which is the only series in the genre I like.

Also because I suggest it to everyone The Way of the Samuari and Yakuza games be warned that the first game in both have an meh English dub when the rest don't, no idea if an undub exist for them.

The Armored Core games emulate pretty well.

What about Growlanser? I remember playing the second one and having fun, but I didn't play any of the others.

All I remember though is that it had a pretty okay story, the combat was fun but confusing and the artist does hentai

Since you like RPGs, I'd toss a personal recommendation towards Wild Arms 3 (ACF and 5 are also enjoyable if you're not picky), as well as the Shadow Hearts games (which do have a chronology to them following release order, with the first entry being Koudelka on the PS1; Shadow Hearts Covenant really needs to be played after SH1 in order to get the most from it).

Kingdom Hearts

Haven't even got to the series yet unfortunately

The Sly Cooper trilogy runs very well on PCSX2, as well as Final Fantasy 10 and 12. Those might be a good start.

kingdom hearts, simpsons hit n run, and every ace combat

I would recommend the Yakuza games. They're sort of open world games with fun combat, a great story with memorable characters, and groovy music.

Also check out the Siren games if you hated the Silent Hill games being too easy, they aren't for everyone, but they'll certainly click with some.

Warship Gunner 1 and 2 are both great games.

I'd also recommend Way of the Samurai, Trapt and Global Defence Force.

I wonder how large an .iso collection of all of those games would be.

Why?

I've got close to 100 PS2 games on my PS3 and its netting about 500GBs or so. The whole chart is probably over 1tb or so.

Again, I don't remember too much as I just downloaded Generations set with II & III and plan on replaying them for the first time in like ten years, but what I remember of GRL2 was:

I remember liking it cause it was a bit like Final Fantasy Tactics except the battle system seemed more sophisticated and fluid

Drakengard
SMT Nocturne
SMT Digital Devil Saga
Dark Cloud
God Hand

Those I'm currently playing a lot.

I also finished downloading pic related.

I don't think I saw it on anyone's charts. It kinda flew under the radar back in the day but my older brother used to play the shit out of it and I think he liked it better than God of War. I never got the chance to play it though, so any review would be nice.

It's been on the orange one up there.

Is Nocturne or DDS a better entry point for playing SMT?

That's a tough call in my opinion, but I would go with nocturne. Since DDS doesn't play like the mainline SMT games though I think its better than nocturne

Nocturne for overall SMT, even if it's not as good as DDS. It'll give you a good idea of demon mechanics and the press turn system.