Phantasy Star Online 2

How big is this fucking game currently?

Other urls found in this thread:

pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/voice/
i.4cdn.org/vg/1463341201236.jpg
pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28877582
pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?11dAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0j2OdBIol2dnGX2SboqnIdIkfqnbo000000jdoInI2bnIneBfJkckcFinqB00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j
horriblesubs.info/shows/phantasy-star-online-2-the-animation/
crunchyroll.com/phantasy-star-online-2-the-animation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's fairly large for some people.

bump because I need to know

41.5 GB (44,642,654,337 bytes)
There was a 17 GB patch recently that added another tier of textures and lighting effects and shit. Basically re-textured every field in the game.

is the installation with the tweaker like in Tera where the game doubled in size during installation?

Is this still a massive pain in the ass to install outside of gookland?

Its never been a pain in the ass unless you are so completely retarded that clicking download is impossible for you.

It's justified though, because game has shitton of content.
Like, even completing first 3 episodes of story mode will take you about 20 hours if you rush shit and skip secondary events.
That's more than most modern single player games can offer.

And then there is your standard online grindan component, that far surpasses any contemporary online action games like Vindictus or Warframe. Shitton of classes, weapon categories, mission modes, autism food like affixing and so on.

And lastly, dress up component that straight up unrivaled. Like no other mmo, even the long running ones, can come close to pso2 level of shit you can attach on your character starting from costumes and hair styles and ending with different fucking eyelashes, eyebrows and underwear sets.
Ever wanted to customize panties for your fapdoll, dirty weeaboo? This game allows it.

Of course game has shitton of drawbacks.
The most obvious one being dated graphics. They did release overhaul recently, but upped textures and high-end lighting effects won't hide low poly models, primitive cloth physics and wooden fucking palms, I mean PS2 games had characters move their hands freely, what the hell.
Another drawback is the monetary model. It's not as severe as in some korean mmos, but still you're gonna suffer some hard restrictions if you don't want to pay, most egregious one being inability to freely trade with other people.
There is RNG-based chance of getting 3 days trading ticket, but come the fuck on.

That being said the amount of all sorts of cancer in this game makes me wonder if jap captcha can even be consider a casual filter anymore. I would imagine registering and playing this game is as easy as with any other online game really.

Why can't they ever compress shit? Reminds me of that Artificial Academy H game that takes up like 60 fucking gigs and all it is is a small school.

user, if this game was uncompressed, I imagine it would be thrice the size, voice overs and all.
Do you have favourite japanese voice actor? Chances are you can get his or her voice for your character in this game.

pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/voice/

user, please. Think of my autism.

川澄 綾子
堀江 由衣

Were two I liked, but voices are expensive as hell. I mean with in game money.

Did I mention it has some really good stylish combat? It's not DMC/Bayo quality, but the next best thing, on par with better musou or basara games.

This game is weebs' paradise, I reckon popular voices will be expensive as fuck. Gotta grind those tacos.

T'is the combat and customization that got my attention.

Tweaker says the game is roughly 40 gigs. From what I see the files are ready to play upon downloading. How big are the english patches? Are they just text or voice as well?

I'm a fucking shut-in so grinding isn't much of a problem. Chances are t'is the game that will finally make into a hambeast

No wonder the honorary aryans have the hikikomory problem.

Any chance on it havings it's western fucking release soon?

I hope they never release to the west. You know what killed online gaming for me? Faggots flooding the internet since 2006/2007.

As if normalfags are gonna bother with this Autists wet dream.

Just like dl and play, as if you have modem internet or some shit.

Nigga, that exactly what happened to DFO and TOS.
Fuck western releases.

bumpshakalaka

How well does the English patch work? And where can I get the Item patch. Also some quests are not translated. Is this how the English patch works, or have I fucked something up?

It replaces jap files.
In tweaker.
Yeah patch is never 100% complete.

I saw it. It was a plug-in

Any way to know if I have a quest in a map? I play ps4 ver so no patch option.

Is there a possible way to play this without a VPN and reducing your connection to shit?

Depends on where you live

Quest in map?

If you're not playing from SEA you don't need a VPN.

In stage selection screen. How do I know in which one I have a quest after I take it from NPC?

PSO is already over its peak in Asia and the game STILL hasn't come out in the West.

Ah Sega this is why you fail.

Eat shit. Western PSO2 would suck dick.

This, the game has full nudity and grandmaphiles in the west will get butthurt.

Hurr.

Sadly, you don't. Gotta memorize it.

Well then at least do an Asian English release, the patch doesn't TL everything.

What angers me is that Sega lied. They said there would be a Western release and they never delivered. I would have respected Sega if their spokesman yelled "white piggu go home" at E3.

Maybe in Burgerland but not here.

Just no

Well considering the future of Japanese (console) gaming over the longer term expanding outside of Japan is the only way to survive. Unless Sega wants to go full mobage.

But I guess Sega chooses China over NA and W-E.

Which I suppose isn't a bad decision.

Servers being so congested that I was stuck in this position long enough to make me lose the combo.

THANKS SEGA

Did they fix the episode 2 and episode 3 scenes the episode 4 patch broke?

Also why the fuck can't we post .bmp images?

>i.4cdn.org/vg/1463341201236.jpg
GET FUCKED HALFCHAN

can you explain what the lines of text mean?

Here son, lemme tel you why your plan is shit

the NA release will most likely be handled by a 3rd party, who will tack on a cash shop bigger than what exists now,.

CONTENT WILL ALWAYS BE BEHIND OR MISSING FROM THE NA RELEASE VS JP

also reminder that westerners are seen as BRs and Russians and it's why a majority of Nippon playerbase hates you

Lemme copypaste it for you fellas.

This literal meme needs to end.
And of course

So yeah, the fact is that you can play original, raw, pure, call it whatever, unaltered japanese MMO right now with most of it being in english.
Stop complaining about no western release, as there is no single benefit to that.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I knew people on another game that had been on it for a long time, well over a year or something, and they instantly dropped the Japanese server the second a western release of the game was even hinted at. Everyone likes to talk mad shit about how they'd never go on shitty western servers full of WoW kiddies, hackers, and shitty management, but when push comes to shove, they leave the JP server while muttering about "muh language I can understand" and "muh English speaking community." They were only too happy to give up everything they had on the JP server for a grossly inferior NA server that died with such a fuckhuge content gap that it was three and a half years behind the JP server when it died. Yes, yes, but what about the English patch, you say? I don't use it, but I've heard people complaining that it doesn't translate anything after a certain point. I agree completely that it would be retarded for Sega to try to release PSO2 in the west now that the hype has been dead for years, but let's not pretend the vast majority of ship 2 wouldn't abandon the JP server for an NA server in a heartbeat.

Interesting. Those guys are either didn't give much fuck about game in the first place or have some hard ass balls to just drop all their virtual property, or whatever do you call it.

Well if not for english patch that might be true, because fuck moonrunes, but let's move to the next question, eng patch

Why? Because you know japanese? If that's the case why the fuck do you even bother? If you can play and understand game as it is perfectly fine, then there is literally no problem for you.
LESS the reason to move to western version if it existed.

Are we talking about story or UI patch? Because UI patch gets updated constantly. Of course it is always behind a step or two simply because after 4 years sega keeps updating their damn game unlike majority of other devs/publishers.

If you're talking about story mode, then I think they stopped after they finished episode 3 main branch, I'm not sure. That sucks, of course, but hey, that's a goddamn lot of work done for free, that sega didn't really bother with. How far in story SEA version goes anyway?

The majority you're talking about are b1 folks, spouting memes, discussing latest animes and barely investing any time or money into the game. Those people are constantly rotating - leaving and arriving anew, they won't affect game in any way, shape or form.

Hardcore people however, not even whales, those are not leaving their wasted money, that's for sure, but 100% free to play guys, who spend 10+ hours a day grinding for shit and doing all sorts of tryhard challenges like 8ch team leader, will those guys abandon the game for western server? I would assume no, but that's just an assumption.
It would be interesting to listen to their opinions on this too.

I don't. As you guessed, it's because I know Japanese, so if I play a game, I'm on the JP server. I might be able to put up with a shit community by sticking with guild members/friends, and I might be able to put up with mismanagement since even JP devs mismanage plenty, but in the end, what'll drive me nuts is the content gap. I just can't stand knowing another region has so much more to do than an NA server, especially since there's no reason for me not to be on the JP server. It's one of the reasons I quit playing NA Tera in short order (didn't help that PSO2 blows away Tera in every respect except art direction with gorgeous locations in an open world).

Would I be able to go LoneHunta in this game entirely? I got a taste of PSO years ago on the gamecube and I liked what little I got to experience. I know, why play an MMO by yourself, but to be honest, I think I'd rather go it alone than try and fail miserably to interact with Japs. In my mind, it'd be kind of like how everyone on a western server hates the goddamn BRs, and for good, legitimate reasons since all they ever seem to do is ruin economies and spam global chat with HUE. I don't want to be the BR, but I want to play the game since it seems like it'd be fun.

For what purpose

PSO2 is, hands down, the most solo friendly online game I've ever played in my life. It's practically a single player game with coop capability. The only time you really need a group is for emergency quests due to enemy HP being balanced for 12 people, but joining a group for that is as easy as selecting the quest from the menu and letting the matchmaking automatically set you up with 11 other players looking to play the same quest at the same difficulty level. No need to try to spam global chat to try to get a group going beforehand or something like that.

See
Game is fucking huge.

This is true. I think Monhun portable 3rd (the only one I've played) is more multiplayer-intensive than PSO2.

Well damn, that sounds perfect. Guess I'll go look shit up and plan a build while this downloads. Anything to keep in mind before I dive balls deep into this shit by myself?

Hold up Wikipedia saya this game has been released on Android and iOS but how did they fit it on smartphones?

That's kind of true. Unlike the Vita version, which is literally a fully functional portable version of the game, the mobile version is its own thing, but has benefits in the full game (Extra items, boosts, costumes, accessories). Plus it's useful cause you can buy in-game cash on there with a US debit card, which you can't do in any other version of the game.

Is it just me or is Summoner ludicrously overpowered? I used the complimentary new character slot to design a new semen demon and try out summoner and it's not even a bit of a challenge that it's ridiculous. Most enemies die in one hit even at level 20. The bosses get torn to shreds within 20 seconds or less. I don't even see the point in the other summoned creatures because the first one you start with can do everything even if you stopped levelling it at 10.

Was this intentional or am I missing something here?

Download ark-sys PSO2 tweaker. It does everything for you. Used the bumped.org guide for registering and setting up. It will probably be a bit outdated but it still shows you what you need to do.

SU is OP and UP at the same time, to quote someone else.

At endgame SUs are generally frowned upon.
I didn't care to find out why though.

We actually have a team in-game if you want to join. Fairly active, cancer level may vary.

Read up on how to feed your mag before you do it.

Look up Mag feeding, as resetting it is huge pain in the ass.
Try all classes and weapon categories before deciding what kind of mag to build.
Your character isn't limited to one class, so you can swap from melee to ranged at NPC for free.

Neat. Why? That sounds like premium p2w shit they could charge for right there. Also Mags are those little robot buddies that don't do anything in battle but give you stats, right? I remember raising them being a pain in the ass, so I'll look that up. I'll probably do whatever gives me more damage or chance to crit. I either want to be the guy who stands there charging one swing for five seconds or the lazy asshole sniper that never wants to move.

Is there someone like a 8ch guild for PSO2?

Because Sega, both dev and publisher, made game "by japs for japs" planning to run it for long term (8 years I think), meaning it won't be fast cash grab for foreigners koreans like to pull off.

Crits in this game ismaximum damage your attack can normally cause.
For example if you hit for 750-1000, then 1000 is your crit. There are crit builds and weapons suited for that, but you should plan this shit beforehead.

Tough shit, as this game is based around mobility. Even the slowest weps are pretty fast compared to say monhun.

Yes there is.

Crits sound like they suck unless damage fluctuates hard in this game. Never mind then.

Is there a parry or super armor build? Can I do some shit like Royal Guard and block boss attacks and be perfectly fine? If I can't have greatsword or lazy sniper, I may as well go as far into CUHRAZEY as possible since I plan to play mostly solo and won't have to deal with lag too often.

And can I combine that with Fighter so I can go Danger Mario build for do or die maximum counter damage?

You actually can go full royal guard with great swords.
You can also parry with spears, daggers and, I think, twin machine guns.
Parrying in this game is godlike too - you can parry grabs, time stops and universe explosions. There is literally nothing that you can't parry. Uncle Dante approves.

Lag only accounts damage substracting from enemies' health bars, drops and the like, so it's never issue in combat, unless your in huge 12 people battle where everyone is either BR or on furryporxy.

Yeah you can go 1-hit point wonder and parry the shit out of everything while dealing insane amounts of damage.

There's builds you can make that turn crit damage into insanely huge big damage, but you have to put everything into crits or none at all.
If you want to be the faggot that sits there charging for big numbers then you could go bow RA/BR with a focus on weak point damage, mark weak points with exploding arrow, and use your long-ass charged arrow to do big damage. If you are good at video games then you could go photon blade FI/BO built around crits, limit break, and weak element, cut your wrists for obscene power, and BRRRRRRT 100% critblades to kill bosses in seconds

FUCK SHIT THERE GOES MY DICK. THIS GAME CAN'T DOWNLOAD FAST ENOUGH

I wanted a comfy grindan gaem I can kill time with, but this is much, much better. Time to grind for skill.

Can I have the best of both worlds since free class swap is a thing? As in can I be maximum cuhazey on some days and that lazy asshole on other days? I'm guessing no, but I have to ask.

Oh right, katanas can do everything other melee weps can combined. As I said game made by japs and for japs.
There is literally invincible flyng devil trigger mode exclusive for katana where you become untouchable death incarnate delivering damage straight inside enemies' anuses for a limited time. Good stuff.

Calm your tits, boy, while game has fantastic combat system, it barely has any enemies to use it on. Regular mobs are harmless punching bags for you to juggle and bosses are standard megaman fare, where you memorize pattern and hit during certain times with your strongest attack.

Over the last few years anything remotely challenging was nerfed to the ground too, right down to shield bearing mobs being unable do deflect your attacks anymore.

Yes there literally Highlander skill that makes you unkillable as long as you have healing items. Which can be stacked with healing mag, vampire weapons and another skill that revives you in 75% of times.
So yeah you can sit on your ass, eat damage, and snipe niggers left and right.

Yes. Most classes have a good number of weapons and PA's to allow you to play in completely different ways without changing your class or skills. FI/BO for example, just with photon blades alone you can easily sit back and spam swords from safety, float around shitting swords everywhere, or focus single enemies and juggle their shit. That is just with a single weapon, you have access to all the weapons from both classes, which in this case would be dual daggers, dual blade, fists, photon blades, and flying booties.

By parry, he means Just Guard, a system that lets you block any attack if you time the block right.

Only katana gets a counterattack by blocking, and HU weapons if you get the option to upgrade for it.

You can swap subclass to HU and coast the game any time you want.

This is only true if you've been playing for a while now. New players with no experience/gear get royally screwed once they reach XH.

Also the solo XQ is pretty hard.

Eh, I dunno, story mode gives you 12* weapons and 10* units now, which pretty adequate for XH.

Yes, arguably the best mission in the game is hidden behind 5 daily passes, to even attempt. What bullshit.
It's the only place where you can actually test your skill with game's combat system.

What do you mean? Everyone loves SUs

So what ship do most of you play?

Ship02

Have you seen pug gear lately? I'll agree on weapons since NT nox is easy as shit to grind, but their units tend to be ungrinded trash still.

Server upgrade when?

Tokyo base expires soon. Don't forget to do the challenging balloon race game for the title!

Get yourself vita already.

So close… yet so far away

I guess I can see why but so far summoner has been ridiculously eaay. I would say it's so easy it's boring but I'm more baffled by how they could add a class that's so self-sustaining from the start. There's almost no end to how easy SU is, at least I haven't seen the end of the easyness if there is one.

The game has a lot of cosmetics and weapons and a lot of content.

Is there a way to start playing from Episode 1? I clicked some shit and jumped right into Ep 4

Go back to the character select screen. Click on your character and choose between Episodes 1-3 or 4.

Yeah personally I'll even take Americans over Chinese players.

But Sega knows China-men bring in lots of money.

Daily reminder that PSO2 will never come to the west due to insane amount of promotional shit and crossovers with other games and franchises, like Final Fantasy.

I'm shitting all over missions that are 8 levels above me or more, some bosses can take a while to go down, but it works.

Also

The game is really fun, I'm already 51 and 30 something subclass and I still can't get bored.

The chinese also bring a ton of bots.

If I remember right the Chinese population were perma-IP-banned and given their own version but they don't divulge whats in their version of pso2 that consisted of different lobbys and costumes.

I wonder if there are any studies of how well Japanese games do in western lands.

If your character is new, you have to clear some chapters from Episode 4 before you unlock the option to change to Episode 1-3.

Daily reminder that PSO2 has no IP restrictions, so anyone not from Southeast Asia can play on the proper, JP server instead of some bastardized version.

I just did.

I have fuck all idea where the story quests for the Eps are.

There should be a category for story missions at the mission counter. Each successive one only shows up once you've cleared the relevant matter board (not story board) requirements for it.

I thought it was only a quarter of the Japs that hates Westerners and the rest didn't give a fuck, did something happen to increase that hate?

It's not a general population thing user, it's a game community thing. Think along the lines of how Chinese/Russian players are stereotyped as cheaters (rightfully so imo) in MMOs here in the west.

It doesn't help that the western PSO1/PSU fanbase is cancerous as fuck, and just fucking exploded in an ugly autistic mess all over PSO2 shortly after it's official launch. Constant spamming of memes and porn in public chat, rampant hacking with typical self-righteous justifications, and even exploiting credit card glitches to get free Arks Cash before SEGA removed direct usage of foreign credit cards.

The colonization of reddit on PSO-W was a big fucking disaster. PSO-W welcomed them with open arms and reddit ruined everything. It didn't help that a lot of weeaboo autists from /vg/ couldn't contain their autism.

I still remember when Ship 2 was containment and Ship 4 was ours. Then the cancer spread to Ship 4 and both were indistinguishable. You either had to deal with the cancer on Ship 2 or play solo. There's some groups on a few other ships but they're either dead or hard to join.

I know that but my experience with game communities involving japs is that 1 in 4 of them are hostile and go out of their way to try and ruin your day while the other 3 just leave you alone.

This one was particularly infuriating. I remember a Japanese player posted chat logs from foreign hackers where they were bragging about what they were doing in global chat and saying they were "teaching Sega a lesson." When I tried to find those logs just now for the inevitable people who say that never happened, I found out that the JP player who leaked the info had taken them down and made a statement that it was because he was facing constant harassment from the hackers. Then came the whole DDoS thing, which was confirmed to have come from Southeast Asia, and I don't see how foreigners aren't going to get bad reputations when they act like muslim rapefugees.

So I was logged into the game and playing yesterday, and now all of a sudden the PSO Tweaker says I have over 25,000 missing files that I have to download all over again or I can't log in. And no matter how many times I download a few files and close the program to test, it always says I have 25,410 missing files when I launch it again. Anyone happen to know what the fuck is gping on with my game?

dat nigga with the good taste version of mute

too bad you cucks play on shit 2.

Is the tweaker fully updated? Are you sure the tweaker has the correct privileges? Make sure that you're running the tweaker as an administrator. If nothing else works, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game/tweaker. Make sure you did every installation step correctly.

I'd say try running the jp launcher and letting that filecheck go through.

They're making a PS4 version so if it comes over, it will happen then.

The PS4 version has been out for almost a month. If Sega was going to bring the localization out of hiatus status, they would already have done it by now.

SEGA actually commented on the localization recently. Pretty much the usual "Oh fuck this game is a localization nightmare" response.

I mean the game has been playable with all its fan patches for three years now, I've gotten over it ages ago. Even the former director and producer of the franchise acknowledged it and pretty much said he's flattered to have foreigners playing his game. Just don't be a prick or a leech and you're fine.

Since EP4 isn't going to be translated, can someone summarize what exactly is Mother Cluster and what are those monsters/mechs/ships we're fighting against?

I'm so happy to know that Phantasy Star is still popular in some capacity. I can't wait till they put out a single-player RPG someday.

EP4 is getting translated, they've completed Chapter 1 so far.

Anyway Mother Cluster is the mainframe of Earths new super internet that was installed 12 years prior to current events in the game. (12 years ago being the start of the Profound Darkness fiasco. Sierra, you're new operator suspects that the two events are connected.)

The monsters we are fighting are phantoms, which are the manifestation of the Earthlings fears, which are a byproduct of the Emerald Tablet, artifacts being used by the members of Mother Cluster in an attempt to control earth and fuck with ARKS or something.

The Train Boss in Tokyo is actually a monster from a movie being filmed and promoted in universe, I guess people think it's scary or something.

What is PS Nova.

Shit's even sillier than I though. I actually like it

To clarify a bit: Mother Cluster is the name of the organization tasked to debug the Ether network (the "super internet") through the game PSO2. PSO2 is bundled with the Ether communications console everyone has. "Mother" is the leader and supposedly knows everything, which is why she commands so much loyalty from the members of Mother Cluster.

The reason why phantoms keep showing up is because Ether is really just a variation of Photons tuned to specialize in communications instead of power. Because of this, it is extra-sensitive to peoples' thoughts and can be used to materialize their feelings. Usually this is their fears, which are phantoms, but it's also how Hitsugi pulled a fucking sword out of nowhere.

Okay I'm currently downloading this. Is there anyway I can look for build help since it doesn't seem like you can respec without making a new character or spending money?

Only half true.
Every time Sega adds new skills or changes how old ones work, they pass out free skill tree reset passes. If you happen to fuck up your build, you can either pay for a reset pass or wait until the next time Sega passes one out. It's not a frequent thing, but it's not insanely rare, either.

So going off of what this guy said everyone got super internet that showed up right around the time the events that would lead the Resurrection of Profound Darkness.

There's also some ass-pull of a plot device mentioned about Earthlings having some natural affinity with Photons and those photons are what's allowing them to connect with the Oracle and manifest themselves as avatars or something. Which is why they ignorantly think PSO2 is just a game where in reality they directly meddling in ARKs affairs. In rare cases Earthlings have the potential to truly awaken their affinity with Photons which at that point they usually get picked up by ARKS officially and then mentored into their ranks (As was the case with Itsuki and Hitsugi.) It also makes them targets by Darkers duo to their photon affinity making them really easy to posses and manifest as a Dark Falz.

Which then just raises the question why the ARKS haven't taken action to fully occupy Earth in order to give clarity to the ignorant Earthlings and be able to more directly protect them from the Darker threat. You'd think a planet with over 7 billion potential Dark Falz would raise some concern for the space fairing organization specifically tasked with the duty to protect and preserve the species on planets targeted by Darkers.

I don't think all humans have the natural affinity, it's more like how only some members of Oracle have the affinity to become ARKS. Hitsugi and Itsuki obviously have it, as do the Mother Cluster apostles.

Ether is one of the reasons why Oracle isn't just moving in like they did in Amduscia- as far as I know, Oracle's never encountered another civilization with Photon technology, so they're doing some scouting before jumping right in. We all know it's because Mother is a failed Xion clone but Xiera hasn't figured that out yet.

pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php

The general idea for all builds is that percentage increases are invaluably better than a value increase, whether that increase is in a skill or stat.

Do they still have the gookwall that you've got to proxy though? I had an account way back when, but at some point they shit all over it due to IP shit.

It's been gone for a while now, no more proxy shit required unless you live in SouthEast Asia.

Thank fuck, that was the worst. Do they ban filthy american pigdogs for speaking their whoreson tongue or was that just a rumor?

Just a rumor unless you're a gigantic faggot that spams shit all day. Don't be a BR and you'll be fine.

See my problem with that plot point is that it totally made sense during the events of the anime but now it really doesn't. From what I gathered in the show it was showing the events of essentially first contact between ARKS and the Earthlings but since then we've had at least two attempts of possession that we know of, one of which succeeded and turned an Earthing into a Falz, and the other would have too if it wasn't for the fact that the only person in ARKS who can purify photons at will just happened to be right beside her at the time.

On top of that you have multiple cases of kidnappings and the like, I don't know how much more scouting they feel is necessary because the writing on the wall is saying to fucking jump down on that shit like right now.

They were probably waiting for the greatest Arks in the history of ever to wake up and get the plot rolling again. The player is still the most important person in the entire universe so there's no way anything really cool could happen without him.

I dunno it just feels like the entire conflict is being needless drawn out and being made into a much bigger deal than it really needs to be for the purpose of D R A M A. The mental gymnastics being made by the ARKS is astronomical.

Their fucking job description is in their name for christ's sake. It's dumb when some 20 something year old chucklefuck celebrity/Military Fanatic is giving the inter-galactic military organization that just got back from killing the franchises biggest bad so hard he got sent into an infinite time loop of being killed forever a run for their money with a ghost boat.

Reminder that PC and Matoi were capable to go toe-on-toe with any Dark Falzes they encounter, and at one point you trashed the oh so celebrated council of shits.
Chosen one or not, your dude is in-universe demigod that can fuck anyone's shit up as long, as plot demands it.

Maybe they're toning down how amazing the PC is because they want to avoid DBZ power creep. The two-year sleep between Ep.3 and Ep.4 is an excuse to reset the stage for new players, too. Veterans can write it off as rehab.

How to make good builds - Decide on a way to deal damage then pick every single skill that increases that damage.

is it worth getting in the game ?

It's even more simple. Let's take force, for example. Your choices for builds are flat damage boosting photon flare or percent boosts based on charging techs and an element of your choice. Photon flare is something like +400 tech attack when maxed out. That's about as much as fully upgrading a late game weapon and scales incredibly poorly. In contrast, the percent boosts will just get better any time Sega releases new gear because, unlike flat stat boosts, percent boosts will get bigger as you get weapons with bigger numbers.

No, avoid at all costs.

That's a good point, because by the end ep3 it was full on DBZ/Naruto rip off with people throwing planets at each other.
It's nice that they try to avoid this.

Council of Six wasn't even trying in that fight honestly.

I think the closest you get to a real fight with a Six is when you do Huey's competition. Even then Klaris is holding back and is a little bitch compared to the other Six.

They didn't even really tone down the player's in-universe power other than losing the ability to time travel with the absence of their Photoner friend. When the plot finally decides to get the player off their ass they decimate that Apostle's phantoms in seconds, just the sheer force of your orbital drop off the campship was enough to destroy a dozen of them.

But my gripe isn't with the actions of the protagonist, it's the actions of ARKS as a group. I can understand the initial idea of cautious activity at first, which totally made sense during the events of the anime. But by the end of the series it would have made sense for ARKS to move directly to communicate with Earth given all of the kidnappings and having an earthling actually get possessed.

The notion of covert action and continuing to spy on Earth over a year after the events doesn't make any fucking sense especially since Earthlings are STILL futzing around the Oracle thinking they're playing a fucking video game. The only course of action Mother Cluster had taken is just kick people off the internet if they try talking with any actual ARKS members.

On top of that, the very first fucking mission in EP4 makes it clear that Darkers are still targeting Earthlings and attempting to possess and corrupt them into Dark Falz.

Like how much longer are they going to let this shit just happen? They do understand the gravity of the situation right?

It's not even like they are forcing this stupidity so they can have a plot. You can have the exact same plot we have right now and justify it better if the writers knew how to write. Following the events of the anime ARKS should have made an actual effort to make contact with Earth and communicate and give context over what's happening so they can at least get these idiot highschoolers to stop fucking around on their ARKS ships. From that point you could just characterize Mother Cluster as an Lex Luther type of organization who then tries to use Photon technology (the exact fucking technology they are already using) to push ARKS away from Earth because they don't like the idea of literal aliens meddling in the affairs of Humanity.

Boom. You now have a much more interesting sci-fi plot that doesn't insult the player for putting in more thought into it than the fucking writers and much more compelling villains. You can even still have Mother Brain show up because the fucking foreshadowing for it is so intense you can see it from orbit.

Go to bed Regius, your cyber-arthritis is acting up again.

I thought the humans could understand the cats in MH.

in my experience with game communities with jp players is most ignore you, the talkative ones are usually good company.

Come on, he wasn't even serious. He didn't even *unshealths his katana*

Yep, JPs are humans too. Social and nice ones, assholes, all in the mix.

Not sure if absolutely stupid or absolutely glorious idea.
If pulled of properly it could be great, with Arks and Earth government going into secret guerrilla war while officially announcing treaties and shit.
But since TA are school children and otaku crowd, I doubt that this will ever happen.

You know it's proper japanese when it makes go wtf?!

Why does Xeon have a male voice ?

Because it's a planet, and uses whatever voice and appearance it wants.

Gotta say that two days cool down on collection files is some warframe-tier garbage, especially since EQs themselves happen only like twice a day.

bumperino

Boat bump

>>>/av/

stop shilling your board

20 rocks in a row without food and good pickaxes.

>set up the proxy do you still need this?

Every time mate, every fucking time.

Only if you live in South East Asia whatever that is.

they are fucking right though. Imagine WoW players trying this out. I'd rather never play it than let them cancerfy fucking everything.

I only care for the music

Too bad the best lobby music is gone now.

gook land.

To bad SEGA won't ask Atlus to localize PSO2. I'd rather trust Atlus than Nintendo of America for the western release.

Still there's too much of a gap with licensed content to consider releasing PSO2 to the west. Unless SEGA decides through some miracle to immediately bring their current server software version of the core game to the west we're only getting Episode 1.

Also western servers would merge both American and European regions into one to save server space just like how MH3U and 4U does.

But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA just tells the gaijins to VPN and play on the Japanese servers at this point. It frustrates me that SEGA refuses to admit that PSO2's western release is cancelled.

Maybe SEGA isn't admitting it because if they know they cancell the western telease then the trash of the west will flood the Japanese servers.

It's really simple. Just offer an in-game English translation switch and call it an international release, like Granblue Fantasy did.

I think the major problem is that after SEGA ran the numbers it looked like the business venture would be too much for them to be comfortable with.

Remember that this is coming off of about 5+ years of Phantasy Star as a brand being tarnished in the west. PSU was a shitshow and the PSP titles, while really great, sold poorly and were pirated to hell and back. Not to mention for the people who actually did want to buy them, physical copies became rarer than gold and PSPo2 got delisted off PSN because they couldn't get their online moderation software up and running.

So pretty much, going off of Jeff Gurstman's mouth (Who might as well be the only person in western video game media who actively gives half a shit about PSO2) SEGA has been trying for years to find another partner to help carry the weight because they're not comfortable bringing it out on their own. With good reason honestly, given the perception of the IP not nearly as strong as it is in Japan.

Honestly I just don't see it happening unless someone like Sony steps in to help with the funding, which might actually happen now that there's a PS4 version available, which opens up the game to a much stronger install base than just PC and Vita.

All that being said, unless they pull a miracle and they make the game just about 1:1 with the current Japanese client or offer some sort of transfer service, I would be hesitant to completely move over. At best I might just roll a 2nd account to play with friends.

All that being said, SEGA have once again commented on the subject just two weeks ago, embed related.

Or worse. The nightmare scenario would be if Nintendo stepped in to make PSO2 west an NX exclusive.

TL:DR - they need publisher, and they don't have one.

Once publisher for SEA reagion appeared - bam you got SEA version and corresponding IP block.
So if they get NA publisher - bam you'll get NA version and possibly corresponding IP block.

You can't retroactively make something an exclusive.

T-thanks Sega

So now that Cirnopedia seems to have gone tits up, is there any other up to date wiki?

It's dead depending on the time of day. Refresh it later and you might be lucky enough to use it.

Use the swiki if you want to look up weapons and shit. You need google translate but whatever.

So I defeated the Captcha boss, installed the tweaker, and I can log into the game. So which ship are you guys on. I read that ship 2 has the most English speaking players but Ship 4 seems like a decent alternative.

8ch team is on ship2.

I guess that's where I'll be. I have to work tomorrow at 4 in the morning. So I'll start playing later then.

I've just been doing errands for people and killing monkeys/wolves/spiders
When do I start to shoot down WWII planes?

Wait for the Unleashed Prestige EQ (raid) and join in on a run.

It'll be stupidly easy until you hit SH/XH levels.

You also have three character slots, so you can put another character on 4 as well.

There's nothing really on 4 however other than packed up blocks of JPs and degenerate ERPers from halfchan's general. Also, Ship 4 can get so packed you can be seriously unable to log in at times, and even though Ship 2 never gets as packed up during JP peak time, thanks to its nature as the universal English ship there's always at least a decent amount of players online at any time for any EQs that show up.

is there a guild/clan system in the game?

It's called team here.

The more I play this game the more I'm convinced that westerners won't play this even if it is released for the west. It would be nice if they put out an official language translation. But agaisn't World of Warcraft (with legacy servers) this game doesn't stand much aof a chance in the west.

I don't know about that. The SEA version is apprently doing fairly well despite being maximum overjew.

Westerners are fucking subhumans, of course they will play shit instead of good games.

Go back to character select

Pick Episodes 1-3

Actually, no, just go through EP4 until you unlock Tokyo, THEN you go swap to EP1.

How do I unlock the forest exploration quest?
I have the things but I dunno what to do

I'll be online in a little bit.

Username? And by that, I mean the name people see you as, not your character name nor your login name.

If I recall correctly they changed the CO recently. to unlock Forest Exploration you now need to accomplish the objectives it gives you from the other arks quests, and then once you have completed those, talk to Koffee.

Like actually talk to Koffee, not just pressing circle, you want to pick the "talk" option which should be right under the option to select her client orders.

Also if you want, I have my EP4 alt that I've done nothing other than unlock forest exploration for gathering on. I can hop on that to help walk you through the start if you want in a little bit.

Reminder that you can get ragol memories from the bonus scratch. 5 scratches for one. Might want to wait until next week to see if it has better/more expensive stuff. The current one is pretty good though, lots of expensive items. But the next might have light attribution changers.

WELP NEVER MIND ANY OF THAT THEN

MAINTENANCE WHHYYYY AHHHHH

YEAH REAL IMPORTANT SEGA GOTTA PATCH THAT SHIT ASAP

Forest user here
I'm at work, I get off in like, 5~ hours
I have a group I play with, tho so just stuff like that

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28877582

These faggots should really pick up on memory shop line up.
Where are weapon camos? Where are costumes? Where are accessories?
Lazy fucks.

They're probably in full panic mode since everyone is still pissed at them from last time they had a major bug, which was two weeks ago.

Uh…. they do?

PSO1 camos are all rewards from the 2016 badge shop, and you can get costumes of all the original PSO1 classes from the memory shop. On top of posters for your room, music disks, mag form devices, and emblems of the ship IDs.

None of that pleases me. PSO1 had a lot more shit, they need to bring it faster.

I… don't really know what else they could add user…

but it doesn't.

It's like 20 levels that get rehashed for different "modes"

Story mode is just go to one of these 20 levels and do a fedex quest or kill x of y

Game is a pay2win cash-shop grinding simulator with NO challenge because all end-game content is loot pinatas.

It's MH in space, what do you expect

PSU sostumes?
PSP costumes?
Cast parts?
Weapon camos?

I know a lot of those are already in game, but PS franchise still has insane amount of shit, that's not in PSO2 yet.

Stop lying on the internet.
If you failed to defeat captcha it's your own fault.

Why do japs like to spew decades old memes?
I found like 4 different hireable characters (from that console that people with no friends use) throwing around shit like "all of your bases belong to us" and whatnot.
Same on the lobby, japs saying memes (only old shit) on English between a whole lot of moonrunes.

I'd really like Cast parts that aren't clunky looking or conversely scrawny looking. The robot look is way more appealing than a miniature sized super-mech.

Maybe because japs are oldfags that are keeping it real?

PSU content is coming this year to celebrate the 10th year anniversary of PSU.

Also, I can get the overall idea but the currency you're spending is RAGOL memories. I'm sure they'll add more shit from PSU with it's anniversary.

Fuck you dubs man

Please look forward to the Guhral Memory shop later this year!

I just wanted to play on my day off

I wonder what the compensation for this is going to be.

But it's not.

MonHun can be challenging and require more people, and focuses on the boss fight. PSO2 is go afk while people 1 shot the bosses and collect as much pinata candy as possible before event ends.

People don't do anything until "raid time", and "raid time" is just some event people play with random japs

the PSO2 Holla Forums group doesn't play together. back then it was like five guys and that's it, now it must be the same or even more dead.

that one fag with a fetish with the little loli
that one fag with the fetish with the crazy robot girl
that other kid who only logged for the monster with many arms

that's it.

the game is boring at end-game.

Some people enjoy it
Doesn't mean you gotta, Buddy

I just noticed that we had Miku concerts two weeks ago but no Miku scratch revival.

AAAAAHHHHHHH

You'll fall down MUCH quicker, well you won't be able to stay in mid air to be exact. Arts make up most of the damage though so it's not that big of a deal.

what an elitist pig !

I wish they would make the main lobby more colorful or something, it just looks like a tin can with people in it, really boring and dull

Just needs more rappies.

Do EP1 story events and look at the EP1 lobby.
It was just a black tin can with words and people all over the place.

But user
I cannot

Here's a couple of pics then.
The store area looked better back then tho, reminds me of Xenosaga.

If you want people, why not just go b1?

Christ that old shopping area looked infinity times better than what we have now.

Whoa, momma

Damn, I just finished downloading but the server's down. Anyway, did some research and came up with a build that's guaranteed to be bad. Any input?

pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?11dAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0j2OdBIol2dnGX2SboqnIdIkfqnbo000000jdoInI2bnIneBfJkckcFinqB00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

I wanted to go 25% HP Royal Guard using Fighter main and Hunter sub with Guard stance. Too bad I'll have to pass on the guns. I do have a question though, if I took Step Advance in a subclass, do I still get the benefits? Because I ran out of points in Fighter so I'm hoping Hunter subclass can cover that.

All class skills that aren't labeled "main class only" will work fine as a subclass, including Step Advance.

Servers are back up actually.

You probably want to dig out 2 points for twin dagger gear and move.

Guard stance is a really meh skill chain. Might want to look into BR if you want to counter.

Excellent.

Aw shiet, it's time.

I know, but I figure I won't be playing with other people very often, if at all, so I won't be fucking up anyone elses' day. Just mine, in a foolish attempt at making Royal Robo Danger Space Dante. But I'll think about it.

You being butthurt aside, it is true that you can be overleveled and TREMENDOUSLY overgeared in PSO2, while monhun is balanced on pretty much all game progress stages.

But combat system and bosses themselves in PSO2 are just as great, if not better. You needing self-imposed limitations to have fun may be a bad thing, but hey, it's like cheesing Dark Souls with pyromancy and then wondering why game isn't considered turbo casual.

>get a PA that gives me symphonic drive or something like that right after
Gear and levels aren't the only thing. Should I really be railing off 800 a hit with this thing when my normal attacks aren't breaking 50?

Sounds like she wants to cuck you or be cucked

She is a brown girl

She's obedient though. Cooks for me. Puts up with my bantz. A good girl at heart who knows how to be naughty in the sack. Real wife material. I honestly should treat her better but I'm afraid of spoiling her.

Cuck wise she's actually hot for Korean guys. I don't know what she sees in a cracker like me. She's a Mexican by blood but culturally she's into anime and other weeb shit. I'm gradually introducing her to red pill things. She already acknowledges that niggers are the worst (not a hard thing to convince someone of) and I'm working on getting her turned off from more degenerate things.

You can't just jump straight into "Hitler did nothing wrong". Gotta warm up gradually to these things.

Post her username so we can cuck you.

You are a faggot. Well, enjoy your spyware I guess.

What the fuck is wrong with you ?

Are you a filthy shitskin as well?

Her weeb side tells her to get with the yellow but her mexican side tells her to reclaim diminished white genes. Lots of mexican women with above-average intelligence seek out white men. It's probably a more realistic stereotype than any other race-mixing stereotype since mexicans are by default a mixed-race by varying amounts of white genes. I've seen too many white guys fall for their affection because mexican girls just try way more hard than white women to win a white man. Compared to how hard white women try, the attempt by mexican women is closer to worship.

Pretty much, feminism ruined white women the hardest.

They nerfed the fuck out the early and mid game over the years, characters are also a good bit stronger even early on than when the content was new.

Aside from that with a few exceptions normal attacks are just there to regain PP, the only class that makes use of them as a primary offense is techer.

That kinda pisses me off. I went through the trouble of getting this shit installed to have some fun not effortlessly murder everything.

The early game is almost non-existent now because you level up so fast. You could even say the new early game starts at level 20 since the first ten or so levels is like a glorified tutorial. Once you get to level 20+ things stop dying right away. Getting to level 20 takes about an hour if you know what you're doing. Not even saying I like this change. I just found out about it from the recent update and I've been playing since closed beta test.

Are you me? My girl is a black though.

How tall did she make her character?

Slight want.

Never before have i been more confused and amazed

Eh, I don't remember what she called herself. Was gonna play with her tonight but some other lazy Mexican called in sick so she had to cover his shift.

Calm down pedo fags, I didn't giver her massive jublies. Like most couples we compromised and we gave her mediocre boobs.

I'm a FUCKING WHITE MALE

That's part of it for sure. I'd like to think I'm a clever faggot but I'm no more special than your run of the mill shitposter honestly. At least I'm not a manlet

Damn nigger, I'll admit I'm fucking degenerate but I don't think I have the balls to handle a sheboon. Those creatures will fuck you up if you get on their wrong side. Mexican girls are like that but to a lesser extent…but still…damn.

Does she let you call her nigger? How about monkey? Is she heavy on the boon side or is she partially mixed race? If you went for full boon I sincerely fear for your safety

She made her MAXIMUM short and I pointed out her head looked kinda big on her tiny body so she gave her a few extra inches.

If your character is even moderately tall you'll tower over her in either case.

Well, at least it'll stop being so fucking mindless soon. I'm already past 20, but I'm currently holding up waiting for some friends to get their shit together and get this installed.

Its always mindless to some degree, the period where you can play late game stuff and pull your weight but don't yet have end game shit so you don't slaughter everything in seconds is almost not mindless.

This reeks of animu potential.

is that the real image of Galm-1?

You are a race traitor.

What's the best subclass? I'm currently Force.

Mainclass FO only really has TE for a subclass option.

what'a a good summoner Sub-class?

Fighter also works really well, Go Fire Mastery with Fighter subclass and get the PP convert ring and the Tech parry ring. You can get some really good numbers if you can keep up Brave Stance and play maximum risky with Deadline slayer.

Also you'll need to weave between techs to proc Tech JA combo arts and it's PP save

My bread and butter is alternating between Safoie and Gifoie, and Foie and Rafoie for range.

You'll lose out on PP convert and the other elemental boosts, so it's less balanced in the long run.

That is, unless you paid dosh to unlock skill sets so you can swap elemental main on FO when you want to.

You get 145% power from Brave Stance, on top of the 115% power from Tech Arts, and a potential 450 T-ATK if you can proc all your slayer passives.

Keeping up Tech Arts also cuts your PP costs down by 15% thanks to Tech Arts PP save and after all of that you can just get the PP Convert skill ring, which if you max it out gives +2 PP per second for about 20 seconds, not as good as the real thing, but decent enough when all you're really using is fire, you could also then try to hurl yourself into status effects to proc Crazy Heart, which is 200% PP regen for the duration of the status effect.

Techer gets the benefit of real PP convert, the passive 40% boosted PP regen, and territory burst. You have Elemental Weak Hit, which is 20% boosted damage against elemental weakpoints, and additional masteries, which is nice if you want to use lots more techs, or double down for your compounds.

Not to mention if you TE sub, you loose your tree to TE main, which can be fun on its own too.

FO/TE is still super solid, but FO/FI is nothing to scoff at now that we have the PP Convert ring. I'd say its a matter for tastes. If you have the dosh to put down the AC for more skill trees so you can swap masteries between content to help make sure you get Elemental Weak Hit as much as possible, TE is still great. If you're poor and you only want to use one tree (and not to mention the amount of Meseta you'll need to sink in for crafting all the elements you're using.) FO/FI is great. It takes a bit of time since you need to level up the ring for it, but once you got it its super fun.

I maxed out tech bullets to my basic attack with the rod and I'm pretty much 3 shotting 10lvls above me. That and fire mastery.

I'm actually completely ignorant of the max damage on Tech Bullets, I put that skill to +3 just for the max PP regen on hit.

Just logged in for the first time in several months. What's the fastest way to get a 12 or 13 star weapons and max its attribute? I'm still using a max crafted 10 star and I feel like I'm wasting a slot in MPAs.

Two choices, really.
Techer - damage isn't very high unless your pet is hitting elemental weakness, but it's the only class that can effectively use viola in its damage form thanks to PP convert. Yes, yes, the ring exists, but it doesn't regen PP anywhere near enough to work with the crippling PP regen rate when using viola change. Super treatment is also infinitely more useful in practice than it sounds on paper thanks to an abundance of enemies or traps that poison, shock, or burn the player.
Fighter - this is the only class that isn't summoner and has big damage boosts that apply to pets, but fighter stances are finicky enough with just the player taken into account. When a pet is in the mix, drawing aggro and messing your stances, hardly anyone bothers.
Some people will mention braver with the draw being attack advance and average stance since both apply to pets. In practice, it's even weaker than techer when hitting elemental weakness and lacks all the utility like PP convert, super treatment, territory burst, ect.

Br is good too. Weak stance applies when hitting elemental weakness. Its great if you have trees speced for different elements and equips to go with it. It trades territory and ringless pp convert for more raw damage.

I ended up making a human male hunter so I can test play the game to get used to the mechanics. Next character will be my more serious one for teams.

Any classes/races combinations that you want me to make?

Force is OP as fuck

Funny story. FOmar was my first character in PSO. Too bad when I got the Gamecube game the servers were offline. Though looking back FOmar ended up being a useless character late game.

So… Newman force or Dewman force?

Also is it wrong to want to nickname the Dewman "devil men"?

How is the translation for this game?

Last time I played PSO2 half the shit was untranslated, half the items were untranslated and some of the translations were very vague and not very descriptive.

From what I played the tutorial level cut scene dialogue was translated but the tutorials themselves were not. Menu should be translated but my starting equipment is not.

Who this one? If so he was a pretty hilarious guy. Had a whole shrine for her and everything.
I mean say what you want about the game but the player rooming was pretty good.

Don't worry about it. A crafted 10* is still better than the average random fucko gear.

That said, with the new collection sheet system getting a 13* is as easy as pie.

Make a manly male Newman.

It's at a playable level right now. The tutorial will never be translated because they focus more of the story and items I mean who cares if the players don't know how to play the game amirite.

Hello.

When will they ever learn?

The fastest gun in the west.jpg

Shit nig you still alive? Hows the team doing?

Saging for slightly-off topic catch up.

what is the Holla Forums team?

7-Eleven Mafia is alive and kicking. We're running team MPAs with some randoms we rope in to fill up slots for the 12/12 quite frequently.

A little bit of drama here and there but we survived.

I'll see if I can bring along my brown girl. Max level dude is only 20 or so. I need to do a lot of the baby level quests. I'll need to consult with the alpha weeb for those I imagine. I have this gunner quest that looks like I have to build up this charge thingie and I have no clue how to trigger it.

I wanna play right now but at the same time I just got done with a 6am to 3pm shift. Ready to die now.

Well our MPAs are for XH tier so you'll need to be 70+ to join.

That said, if you want to join the team just leave your player ID here and I'll drop an invite.

For some reason I got the idea to make the guy a manly midget lounge singer. What do you think?

Looks good

I redid his face and picked a fairly deep voice. I think he's ready to go.

What's the best-looking armor in the game and why is it the Valgiris?

At least it isn't a tumblr whale.

Get on my level scrub.

While I disagree with

you should probably go towards something you won't regret that you made in the future.

what the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?

Thought about making a Vivian James as a caseal. Not sure how many Vivians are out there though. Plus other reasons I won't disclose here.

As for the guy I made I just used what I have to work with. Making my force a manly midget lounge singer was quite fun. Plus I'm enjoying FO more than my HU toon.

All the signs in the ship are moon. It's going to be a pain to navigate.

Kill your self after downloading the english installer and patch

you nignogs need to get together for CM at some point
i can't play with you if you're all on ship 2

I have installed the patch. The cut scenes are in English. I just need to wander around the ship and learn it's lay out.
I knew I should have picked a different word. I made a HUmar a throw away character to get past the tutorial and wander around.

Do the male robots get costumes and clothes like everyone else?

they get peices of themselves, arms, heads, legs, torsos, etc

Robots get to wear almost all costumes and all layered clothes. They also can choose to use robot torsos, heads, arms, and legs instead. However, they cannot wear color-changeable costumes and need to get a special version of those which always uses their robot colors. So if you're going CAST make sure you like the colors you pick.

You can recolor layered clothes as usual though.

I haven't actually gotten any recolorable layered clothes for my CAST yet, that's good to know.

I'll add on to this and say that of the colours you pick, one of them is your skin colour. That can be irritating, so choose wisely.

Unless they changed how this works in EP4.

I haven't seen a single Vivian James yet.

Tutorial isn't translated because most of the text is in a picture. Translating those would take long. Tutorial is bad anyways.

Buy ship transfer.

So, when us that PSO2 animu supposed to come out?

It already ended.

Uh…

horriblesubs.info/shows/phantasy-star-online-2-the-animation/

Please support the anime by watching it on crunchyroll.

crunchyroll.com/phantasy-star-online-2-the-animation

If you want to support PSO2, buy and use AC.

The anime is a 4/10 at best.

WUT?

I remember we used to have a shit ton of threads for this game. Then we just sorta stopped.

Thought everyone quit frankly.

Then again you invested quite a bit of cash and time into the game so it'd be a waste if you did leave. Anyway glad to hear you still alive friendo.

well fuck you too

HORRIBLESUBS

People get tired of the same thing, even if the thing is top notch.

That's usually what happens when you have to jump trough hoops and deal with chicken scratches for captcha just so you could play a fucking game.
People simply give up and move on.

Thought you'd guys at least make some threads for the new content or something. Though granted the game is a pain in the shitter.

One of the reasons I stopped is because the game refused to work when I went to UK; it was fine in SEA. I shouldn't need a proxy because the launcher had one built in right?

Threads didn't have much discussion and couldn't keep themselves alive, so we just moved to /vg/ instead.

As for money, I've never spent too much in this game. About $120, maybe? For the amount of time I've been playing it's not a bad deal.

To be perfectly honest i understand sega completely.
PS isn't a thing in the west at all aside from it's small, niche fanbase and even when they brought the good shit here like the psp games they got pirated to hell, making some dog eater ask himself, "why the fuck do we even bother?".
I just wish the game had a normal english based website to make an account and a jap to english text translation system that the dreamcast game that came out 16 years ago had.

Thats probably how they feel about the Ryu Ga Gotoku series as well. But if I've learnt anything from the recent news of its localisation that there is still hope even when the game is as old as the aztecs.

But its fine we get the sawnic gaems :-D

I made a Vivian. Almost.

Now the question is should she run or hover?

Hover, obv
exercise is for regular people

Hover it is. Making final adjustments before I finalize.

her eyes are a little too large

Shrunk the eyes laterally a bit. They're the smallest vertically. Her height is at 160. I never imagined Vivian to be a incredibly tall person. I can make her taller or shorter if needed.

Or just look at the screenshot for height. Fuck.

her haw looks like a turnip, fix the sort of divet between her connecting part of her jaw and her chin
other than that it's looking ok

This better?

now it's too sharp, adjust it slightly up and it should be fine

F R E C K L E S

I think I got it.

ja, das ist goot

fuggeth you, i have the chillest team on shit 4
CM when

There's no options for freckles in the default make up. I looked.

Plus Vivian is a caseal. So that's why she has the sections on her face.

Well looks like she's just about ready. I make Gilda a FOnewearl and Polina either a HUmarl or braver dewman (or however the fuck you abbreviate it).

I like the way you think

You can buy freckles later. They are 420k.

I have a better explanation for PSO2 Ep4

Alright so I've made Natsuki (hyper police) and Dias Flac (Star Ocean 2) and I'm thinking of making Cyuss Warren from Star Ocean 1…but that would be two characters from the SO series…

I was thinking making a cast style robocop but the cast parts in this game are to CUURRAAZY for me to.

I'm also thinking about remaking my old PSO character with short spikey blonde hair based on myself. If I were to that I'd be making another ranger. If I do that I'd want to do some major research since I'd "remake" my old character's playing style and have them learning resta, shifta, deband and other spells. My only problem with this is I think there are potions that handle those spells nowadays.

not sure what I want to make…

You can make a techer. Techer has skills that boosts shifta and deband. Those are useful in MPAs.

what are their main weapons? my old PSO character used rifles and mech guns for the most part. Maybe an occasional handgun for TP regain or debuffs

Honestly I need to look into making a hunter so I can utilize some of these swords I found.

I have natsuki as a braver of course so she can handle the samurai swords and such.

I need someone to hand the spikey hair guy swords.

You can switch classes any time at the class counter. Later you can sub-class once you reach a certain level and complete the quest for it.

Wands

I know but I can only have one mag because I'm a jew. Naturally I'd want a mag that is spec'd for ranged weapon damage and such. The question then becomes.

"How much am I gimpping myself by having a tech based subclass on a ranged DPS class (with the mag)"

I've not gotten a chance to explore the deeper meta so a lot of the end game's stat mechanics are lost on me.

You can make three characters so you can have different ATK mag on each character.

You can always go "full support" Te/Ra. You will be buffing and WBing.

That's what I'm curious about.

I have Natsuiki for close range DPS
Long range with dias.
I suppose I should make the last one tech based…

If that's the case I'll probably make Larry Buttz force.

I wish I had some screenshots of my Larry Buttz from scthack server. He was nearly spot on.

Time to use vraolet.

I guess that will be 420k worth of money to save. I don't really have any intention of buying AC. I'm on a tight budget paying debts.

420k is nothing in the long run. By the time you hit SH you'll have more than enough.

Also I think freckles are a default option for fleshy races, either that or I unlocked it at some point.

Why element changers are so expensive anyway?
Element itself does jack shit unless you're Bouncer with corresponding stance, only the value matters.

It's also important for FO and TE.

That said, element change to light might only have a few percent of damage difference, but this game revolves around climbing up each ladder step to min max heaven. Changing your weapon to light is one of the most easiest and straightforward things to do.