Hard Parts in Vidya

Let's have a thread about the hardest parts of a video game you've played.

Now, Ninja Gaiden is bullshit, but this part had me stuck for days. Six of these god damn horsefuckers in a row, two at a time, instantly replacing the ones you kill. Then when you're done with that, you fight a fucking horsefucker General. Though to be fair I was a bit of a retard and insisted on using my sword because the bow was frustrating to use while getting pelted.

The game gets a bit less difficult after this as it gives you good equipment and the ability to counter. It almost felt like the game was hazing me before I could play it.

Share your pain with me, brothers.

I never finished the game

How is Shinobi? Aside from the apparently soul crushing difficuly. I need more Ninja Gaiden-ish goodness.

Yea the horsefuckers were annoying but I actually used the bow so it wasnt that bad. The part that gave me nightmares were the two worms bossfight and the labyrinth ghostfish

The first half is fun

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't even gotten that far yet. I've just made it to Alma first form and got my shit pushed in. I'll be trying to beat her again this weekend.

Oh yea I remember being stuck on alma on my first playthrough, here's a little tip
Between your save point and alma there is a muramasa statue and a room with infinitely spawning bats so if you are low on potions and other consumables you can kill those bats for a while

I did find that room and was confused as to why everything kept respawning before I got the reason. I should find that muramasa statue cause going up the elevator every time I die is super disheartening.

Bullshit spike in difficulty. Spent hours until I finally beat them.

Every last second of this game is the hard part.

You know, I'm a fan of Crimzon Clover but this just doesn't even look enjoyable to me.

A game where you can beat any boss with a retarded spic youtube tutorial can't be so hard

Also, I'm adding this one just because was the first non optional boss that made me grind in any rpg in the past 28 years, not even noc had this levels of bullshit

I quit when they introduced the dogs.

Oh, I thought of another one.

It hurts on higher difficulties let me tell you.

forgot picture

Took me ages to figure out how to handle this asshole consistently as well.

And then you finally get past all that crap and have to deal with the randomized cube rush where you basically have to cross your fingers and think fast on your feet in hopes of building a little cube house to survive. At least this sadistic section is one of the few areas in the game that's relatively not too hard to recover from death consistently with some practice. You're gonna need all those extra lives you've been racking up in the previous stages though.

I just don't understand how could anyone genuinely enjoy playing Gradius as a game.

It looks more like artificial stress instead of fun, and any satisfaction one could get from it is essentially bragging rights instead of gaming enjoyment.

Yeah I can't really recommend Gradius III unless you're just trying to prove something to yourself/want to become a True Gradius Fan. Most of the other games in the series are a lot of fun though.

There is really something to be said about the satisfaction of analyzing and recovering from a tough checkpoint with your limited stock of lives. This doesn't happen too often in III though because most of the checkpoints are full of shit.

Ah, suicide bullets.

Bullet hells aren't hard, you just need to learn where to place every second, just autism-friendly

Why would you even bother with hard on HM2?

It is just about the worst type of difficulty you can get. I had to force myself to finish it the first time too.

It's a real shame given how great the first game was. Even after 100%ing everything there I go back and replay it regularly.

difficulty for the sake of difficulty never works out

This is simultaneously when the game officially stopped fucking around, and when the game started becoming extremely fucking fun until you get to the sewer levels

HM2 isn't that bad on normal, but hard mode is fucking bullshit
>Halve your bullets every time you pick up a gun (Notice that I said every time, so if you throw a gun, execute a nigger and then pick it up again you lose half your ammo)
For fuck's sake. Not even an extra level, just the regular levels but more boring.

Holy shit what a difficulty spike.

The hardest part is staying awake.

You forgot the windows. They might be somewhat of a meme but combined with the ability for the AI to shoot you while offscreen they are a large issue.

Also is is just me or is the AI in HM2 a lot less predictable than it was in the first game? It seems to act differently over respawns and for a game so reliant on autistically redoing things until you get them perfect that's an issue.

Indeed.

Semi-masochistic fun, more enemy variety, or just preferring the black background. Granted, you can get 2/3 of those things by searching out fanmade levels instead, but Hard Mode's still fine. In my experience, most people hate Hotline Miami 2 on their first playthrough, but get acclimated to it later.

The AI thing depends on the situation. They seem to roam around more, so you can't just count on an enemy spotting you at consistent times.

I remember spending hours on these guys because I didn't know about summoning or upgrading. Once I read the wiki the game was a kekwalk

I'm actually not sure there is more enemy variety in HM2. You fight the fat fucks more often I suppose but that isn't a huge improvement. True there's a tad more variety in player characters but I actually got annoyed at it jumping around so often. Also a lot of them forced you to play in one specific way which is fine for a small level but often an annoyance. Still it was an interesting change.

You'll get used to anything if you play it long enough. HM1 was brilliant the first time through.

I suppose I have less patience with badly developed games than I used to but HM2 is the perfect example of why more =/= better in game design.

That might be it.

Normally I'd praise unpredictable AI but HM isn't about accurate simulation it's about 'good' trial and error gameplay.

The enemies are actually a lot more consistent in Hotline Miami 2. They still have the same static/wandering/patrolling patterns as the first game, but their reaction times, melee attacks and ability to spot you are all far more defined and consistent. Try to full combo a level in HM1 and you'll see what I mean. This is combined with guns being a lot easier to use and firing larger projectiles to create more consistent core gameplay, putting the focus on tougher level design instead.

Melee special enemies only appear once in the final mission of Hotline Miami 2. In hard mode, they're all over the place, along with enemies taking cover and a few additional special types like the russian commando.

That's easily done actually.

That I did not know. I had no interest in playing it again but I might have a look now.

I was a ten year old retard when playing this game, and Wiegraf absolutely fucked my asshole

I did it whilst I thought my post was submitted, got a new high score on Decadence. Enemy behavior and your interaction with enemies is far more inconsistent than HM2. They both work, and they're both fantastic games, but to say that the latter title has less consistent AI is simply false.

honesty I liked them. It finally reached the level of cuhrazy in other Platinum Games' games

Well as of playing HM2 last night they react without consistency as I'm playing. Possibly their attacks are better but I consistently don't get spotted when I should and the 'hearing' of gunshots seems a lot less reliable.

Granted it could just be the larger rooms and subsequent longer patrols but this happens even as I start a level.

Are you sure hard mode doesn't also change up how they react in HM2? It seems to change a lot of other shit.

you walk into a room, everything tries to murder you

as you murder things you get stronger and eventually your murder boner lets you one shot things, and when you do it right you can kill everything in the room at once.

It tends to turn more into a platformer than an action game but you can still do cool shit in it

oh yeah, speaking of ninja gaiden, this motherfucker.

he starts off shooting projectie, he'll pop off about 30 or so in the span of a few seconds, each one with a completely random trajectory.

Did you walk in front of his face? or his foot? or behind him? doesn't matter, he has a full body grab that puts you in his mouth for whatever reason and on master ninja this is instant death

and the hitboxes on his feet are the size of an OG Xbox so basically don't get near him despite that being the only way to damage him

But thats a miniboss, you even fight your first one right after another bossfight. If you hit his head properly you stagger him. Only bullshit thing about him is what looks like a cutscene death animation but actually isnt and it instakills you

I remember completing Ninja Gaiden while keeping the classic outfit.

Good times.

I tried and failed about half a dozen times with both of these on hard until I just cheated to get on with the campaign.

What am I even looking at?

The Dancer is very passive in phase one but in two she becomes a relentless shit-wrecker. The standard tactics of staying close and dodging is very hard with her, the safest tactic is staying far away and learning her one or two safe windows.

That said, this video is pretty damn faggy.

I didn't even die once on this boss. The first time I fought her I had 3 estus and I still won. The only hard boss in Dark Souls 3 is the nameless king, all the rest are extremely easy compared to the previous games.

Convincing yourself that Bethesda makes RPG's anymore

And on that day I realized that I was a filthy casual.

I cant pass this boss

Both missions get easier with a bit of rushing. One of the things is to cap their expansions first, even if you end up losing the base, denying the gold nd getting some back helps you build up your main bases quickly.

I think the hardest thing in vidya for me was Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 2 when the game first came out.

Still haven't beaten him. Was in my teens in a house with no Internet so I had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

I dread playing through Diablo 2 again. I'm at Act 2 right now, but I just KNOW he's going to fuck my calcium up, fam. Do I invest in buff or damage reduction skills?

the hardest part is finding a game to play