Video games are fun

Video games are fun.

Tell everyone ITT what genre you like

For me it's RTT, RTS, simulator games (racing, orbital, space, flight, warfare), sports, and some FPS games

I'll play anything but sports and rhythm games.

I'll play anything. What I play the least is rhythm games.

RPGs

I enjoy pretty much play any genre, but when it comes to the sports or racing genre I play the ones that are less about realism.

As i grew older i realized that i like essentially any genre aside sports games.
I'm just bad at RTSes that require very high APM, but i still like em.
I don't especially like turn based RPGs but i can adapt to them.
Now it's more about if the game itself is fun, rather than if i like the genre or not.

I'll play most genres, but my all-time favorites will always be rhythm and mech simulators.

Video games aren't RPGs.

fps and 2d platformers

I really like Twin Stick shooters and turn based tactics game. Mostly strategy games and anything with a good movement system works for me. I also adore mecha games.

I also like third person mobas, although I haven't found a good one just yet.

I'm honestly not afraid to touch anything really. The only kinds of games I tend not to go for are RTS/Strategy games, "City Building" games, and "Souls-like" shit. There are always exceptions though since I tend to like shit like SRPGs, but you get the idea. I'll typically only try something I wouldn't normally touch if several people I know recommend it and it has some interesting hook to it to lure me in.

Oh, I should have also noted I pretty much hate MOBAs too.

Any genre is fine as long as the game is fun!

I like almost any genre but I got old and suck now. So turn based RPGs are more my speed recently. As an old man with weak skills I appreciate casualization but still loved my youth when shit was much harder. I feel for some of you younger guys who long for more challenging games.

A few months back an user made a thread here about how miserable it was beating The Jaquio (final boss) from the NES Ninja Gaiden. I remember how infuriating yet satisfying it was beating that game in 8th grade.

those pop tarts look good. I only get chocolate in my country. I like to sandwich nutella between poptarts.

Open world sandbox is my favourite genre. GTA, Scarface, Godfather, Lego City to name a few.

I was going to yell at you but then you said you hated Souls and MOBA so you're fine

I've tried on several occasions to get into the genre, don't get me wrong and of the exceptions, Strategy has probably been the one I've been more on the fence about than anything since lately I've been finding myself with more exceptions to the rule these days, but RTS I just can't get into for the life of me no matter how hard I try.

No GSG, no MOBA, no gookclick, no FGs, no sports, no music/rhythm.

Maybe you just haven't played a good RTS.

Go play C&C Generals.

Action games, where you get to

So Gothic 1/2 and Souls games?

Not really into RTS, but anything else goes

really? I haven't eaten them since I was a kid but there are dozens of other flavors that they've made, maybe you could import some.

I like RPGs, but when they aren't griding/spreadsheet simulators with little to no c&c, "story focused" shallow non-games, or mediocre action titles with "rpg elements".

Sadly that's pretty much all we get these days.

so breakfast nostalgia thread?

Why not both your favorite genres and your favorite breakfast food growing up?

I miss when everything was XTREME

RPGs, Micro management type games, adventure games, a few FPS here and there, rhythm games, and racing games. I do play some games from genres I'm not big into, but other than those, I really don't stray from those few genres.

Open world games, the more verticality the better
Survival horror
FPEGs
Arcade-type racing games
Spectacle fighters
FPS
WRPGs (I just haven't given JRPG's a chance because 2D sprites and grinding aren't as engaging)

i tend to like less realistic games, whether theyre over the top or just cartoony.
the first game that came to mind is ape escape, oh man that blew my mind when it came out. i thought the controls were so creative.
motion controls are a thing these days too, so i was always hoping theyd make an ape escape based around that gimmick.

sports games are boring to me as well unless there some kind of silly video game spin on them.

ive always wanted a game where you rebuild a ruined kingdom or city, getting civilization up and running again single handedly. scavenging in vidyas is usually pretty fun but sandbox games end up being pointless legos more often than not and restoring things is satisfying.

Turn based strategy has always been one of my favs, stuff like shining force 2 or the SRW OG(too bad the newest one isn't getting a ps3 version in english) games are some of my favorites

Remember the 90s? The 90s were great

early 2000's is where it's at

They were definitely the best time to be a kid, though there are some strong arguments for the 80's as well.

I like just about any games with guns. Cowboys, Vietnam, etc.. Does any have a link for Jagged Alliance 2 I can download and also how to set up 1.13.