en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_transition
worldwatch.org/node/557
hoi3wiki.com/Country_guides
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/blackice.467
mediafire.com/download/41hy9pswd107q4x/blackice-installer_2.0.zip
mediafire.com/download/cqczs9q2dlq8y45/blackice-installer.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

May 13
1607 English colonists land near the James River in Virginia.
1648 Margaret Jones of Plymouth is found guilty of witchcraft and is sentenced to be hanged.
1779 The War of Bavarian Succession ends.
1846 The United States declares war on Mexico after fighting has already begun.
1861 Britain declares its neutrality in the American Civil War.
1864 The Battle of Resaca commences as Union General William T. Sherman fights towards Atlanta.
1888 Slavery is abolished in Brazil.
1912 The Royal Flying Corps is established in England.
1913 Igor Sikorsky flies the first four-engine aircraft.
1944 Allied forces in Italy break through the German Gustav Line into the Liri Valley.
1958 French troops take control of Algiers.
1968 Peace talks between the United States and North Vietnam begin in Paris.
1981 Pope John Paul II survives an assassination attempt.
Born on May 13
1729 Henry William Stiegel, early American glassmaker.
1842 Sir Arthur Sullivan, composer, collaborator with W.S. Gilbert.
1857 Ronald Ross, bacteriologist.
1907 Daphne du Maurier, author (Rebecca).
1912 Gil Evans, jazz pianist and composer.
1914 Joe Louis, world heavyweight boxing champion from 1937 to 1949.
1940 Bruce Chatwin, travel writer (Patagonia)

Reminder that the HoI3 WW1 MP game is Saturday at 20:00 UTC

So I decided to try out HoI3 for the first time and ended up puppeting Switzerland in 1938. How useless is it?

I thought grand strategies have a lot of gameplay depth so they are hard to learn. Then I played EU4 and it was several degrees easier than fucking Civilization.

Along with being much less enjoyable.

well, now you don't have to invade through Belgium and the Netherlands where the French AI is going to automatically concentrate their forces

Alright, I'm absolutely enraged right now. Can somebody else please make HoI4? Fucking Swedes.

They are hard to learn because UI and tutorials are terrible

Damn it Wiz, what happened to you?

Must be something about the air or water in Sweden.

Hope you like the Mana system goyim

Being the AI Lead at Paradox has got to be like being the ball-boy at at tennis game. Sure, you've got something to do but really why the fuck are you even there other than fuck all?

Like into tennis ballboy, the real players get balls deep into Wiz.

It's more like being the pig at the poz party

Possible. I did watch a tutorial on youtube and knew how to do everything I needed to when I started playing

I found the sector system as well as the end game crises pretty innovative. Don't think I saw either of those implemented before, except maybe the late-game mongol invasions in medieval total wars.

The game's broken right now and has no content during midgame, but I've got my hopes up for the DLCs fixing most of that shit. I'm calling a Galaxy Core expansion - there's no way they'd leave a big chunk of space in the middle of the map unused

Let's guess the future Stellaris DLC. Winner gets the satisfaction of knowing the soon public going Paradox will never make a game as good as [your favorite gsg here].

This is the first time I've seen Yunnan make any progress at all. Oh well, they will be given honorary membership of the co-prosperity zone soon enough

I think that's gonna be a patch or something, no?

In fact, I think I'm looking forward to patches more than DLCs. There are glitches fucking galore, diplomacy is broken, alliances are stupid ('let's just not go to war ever unless you somehow bribe all the other 5 members :^) ') AI is plain retarded, and I loathe the fucking space cows that somehow got an interstellar e-mail about how I attacked one of their pals, and now form kamikadze attacks against my mining stations.

Fix all that shit and add content to mid and late game, and I'll call Stellaris a good GSG.

Low hanging fruit:
- Trade
- Proper diplomacy
- Making sectors not shitty

I admire your optimism. At best I'd see it as part of the "free" features of a patch accompanying DLC.

Even though the game is in a shitty state, I still somehow liked it more than Distant Worlds, which makes me dread for the future.

DW pissed me off with its constant micromanagemement. And if you handed the micromanagement to AI, the game suddenly started playing itself. It was a fucking bitch, which is why I said I like the Stellaris sector concept - it keeps everything under your control, being able to issue overriding commands and all (like building shit in spaceports when you need to, purging pops, etc.) and only does away with shit like developing planets, which is fun at first, but becomes dull as hell when you get more of them. The only sad thing about it is that the sector AI is pretty bad at it.

I think I really just like the concept of pops in Stellaris, even though it isn't implemented very well. Something about pops just makes me all giddy inside

You managed to get even more pathetic than "mods will fix it"-fags.
I hope you didn't pay for this.

It's a factual statement they will add the missing content as DLC and that will temporarily better the game until they release more DLC that fucks it up.

This is a huge problem with the game and also possibly one of their ways of hiding how barebones it might be. Even if you have a 22K megafleet with the grand fleet edict on the game still displays you as being equal to most powers in military strength who don't even have half your fleet strength.

Apparently they have already gone public and the all the shares they put up for sale were bought but for some reason the info was only in Swedish newspapers.

The one thing that disappointed me most in that game is how bad the pop system is. They managed to make a population system that's worse than Civ, this actually takes extra effort.

Ah hell. There really is no hope for Paradox nor Sweden.

What is he going to do, make Sweden more cucked?

It's like poetry really.

Sweden yes.

How autistic do I need to be to play Aurora?

More than for Dwarf Fortress at least.

Shove it, retard. I played both EU4 and CK2 at launch and both were utter dogshit that did get better with the DLCs.

Last time I had just invaded the US in Anchorage and San Francisco. After some difficult fighting I had lost Anchorage and stalled in California. However, after landing troops in Seattle, Anchorage and Mexico (which Manchukuo then annexed), the American line was broken and their forces were in full retreat. Their troops were still holding their own in some engagements until I formed a pocket in the Midwest and destroyed about 1/3 of their army. A few months later, and I got the surrender event.

So, total conquest or just the Pacific Islands and the West Coast (keep in mind that this option should, unless it's broken, give the East Coast to Germany)?

total conquest, of course.

Total conquest but release the east of the country as a puppet. Same with Canada.

Total conquest silly

It's not a question of fact.

It's a question of whether or not it's acceptable to release a broken game, and holding the fixes behind a paywall. It's not.

While it is true that the DLCs are pretty good as far as DLCs go, even if a bit jewish, there is a peak point (depending on personal taste). Both CK2 and EU4 are now developed by shit nobodies (an exploiter streamer that got hired as a QA as a meme is now a game designer, really) and Johan is running hog to block everyone else from having fun.

But caring about that would require you to expect to need to pay for the DLC.

No one here gives money to Paradox anymore, right? Right?

I bought CK2 on sale for the mods.

CK2 is pretty old, so it doesn't really count as "anymore" if you didn't buy it just now.

GS is a shit-tier game for map autists

There was a time when the expansions were reasonable enough.That stopped with later expansions of CK2, and EU4's launch.

I could apply that to every game ever made, still doesn't justify developers being greedy kikes.

someone just nuke them already

I'd argue it started with HOI3
It just got absurd with Ck2 and EU4

True, but Paradox is a special case in that regard that their begrudging "fans" here propably have accepted Paradox will never stop the shekel seek and complaining about won't do any good.

I don't think anyone is justifying the jewality of it, just that their games end up more fleshed out with the DLC.

It was CK2 lads

They're killing themselves enough, no need to intervene

Also if anyone's wondering, I was playing Stellaris last night, took a planet from some species and purged all of the population there. I thought the planet would still be mine as empty and my people would migrate there. It didn't happen, I lost the planet and lost the borders there, I had to colonize it again

So… I never played a GSG, ever. I knew of them but never got into them.

Until I pirated Stellaris last night. I actually like it, played for ~6 hours, got the mid game, got bored and went to sleep. I assumed though that I was missing something…. which apparently isn't the case.

But I did get into it… so I do want to try something else. The data in the OP image still accurate?

I don't know why you would expect anything else to happen to planet if you killed everyone on it. Sounds like a good feature for getting rid of planets filled with xenos that you don't want.

I had a government appointed there, I just thought the planet would be empty for a while and then my pops would migrate there. Don't even know how the migration works to be honest

If you have resettlement allowed, you can forcibly move pops to different planets, so no need to wait for natural migration.

But I think it would fair to give a chance to construct a frontier base if you depopulate one your own planets instead of auto-forfeitting it.

Kinda. Depends on which game you want to get into.

Yeah, I would honestly prefer if they dropped the pretence of "free features" as if the game was ever intended to play without all the DLCs and releaser old style expansion packs. Since separating the featured between DLCs and "free features" end up making the mechanics an unconnected mess.

The problem is that paradox has an effective monopoly on the genre, they kinda occupied a space above super autism wargames and were content to stay there catering to their core fans but success of CK2 went to their heads and they have been trying to "appeal to a wider audience". Especially now that they have shareholders and stellaris apparently sold even better casualisation will progress. One can only hope that someone else will raise to fill the niche again.

There was that one guy shilling his team's migration era gsg. Maybe in ten years they'll be making full scale games to replace Paradox's void.

anyone have the screenshots of the polls they were running on whether or not people would play a "mobile gsg"

Done. I've released Texas, the US, Canada, Mexico, and Central America while holding on to the Pacific Coast, the Panama Canal, Guantanamo, and Halifax. Now on to Australia, New Zealand, and the UK

Well I enjoy the space setting. But I'd be willing to give anything a shot as long as it's mustard.

You're about to fuck up bro, you can't withstand superior New Zealand armour.

Try Distant Worlds, EU3, Vicky 2 or CK2. CK2 had a space mod which propably has more features than Stellaris by now (haven't played it for months), but it is of course limited by being a mod for a pseudo-feudalism game.

I'm pretty glad EvW failed because my face was going to be in it. No, I wasn't one of those fedora or neckbeard wearing ones.

Victoria 2 is imo the best game paradox produced, time frame is 1836-1936 so you might actually get to teh end a couple of times. The game has a lot of tabs that scare people off, but you can't directly interact with them most of the time anyway. For your first game take a country with a decent population that doesn't have too many states, like Belgum. You could also take Brazil, where you can't die but since you have no iron or coal industrialisation is limited.
As far as i know Historical Project Mod (HPM) is the "approved" full experience.

Thanks user. I'll take a look through those. Will be a fun weekend.

Better make some GroB-Germaniums for those Hitler trips.

Very. France will now invade you through Switserland, meaning you'll actually have to defend the west, when you conquer Poland. Their armies suck. You get a minimal amount of resources from them. Well, at least you got some experience and could change your laws, but you dont really need that.

How do I git gud? I've always played GSG picking a small nation (Ireland) and learn the tropes of it

Start as Germany or England or US. No really, you cant fuck up with playing as these countries.

Play Italy, if you fail at everything you can just pass it as historical roleplaying

All they had was infantry so my troops had no problems. If they did have those tanks, I doubt I could ever claim their puny island.

Will try with those.
but coming from Ck2 and eu4 I've got a spoopyness playing big nation without knowing what I do. That's why I pick a small one, I leant by trial and error but now with HoI3 I got the impression that I'm not actually learning anything

There is a jewtuber that isn't cancer and actually can help out?

I bookmark important youtube links for grand strategy games, like Arumba's CK2 tutorial. I have embed related for HoI3. To be serious I don't even remember how it is, but I think this dude explained the game pretty well

Has anyone managed to beat Germany as France in Darkest Hour? Even by cheating (forcing Britain to give me all her divisions and supply cheat) I can barely hold out longer than a few months.

I think there actually is a decent tutorial AAR.

As Germany. Just build your army and airforce, research stuff you think you need. Put 10 spies in your own country, all on counter espionage. Put 10 spies in Austria, all on support your party. Make sure spies there are always 10. Ignore spying in other countries. Trade with supplies with russia and usa. Start trading small packets, later on (when relations are 200) start the really big trades for rare/metal/crude. Ignore diplomacy, only get Italy in the axis. Go full historical.

Or start with the 1939 campaign to learn some combat if you dont want to sit there doing nothing the first few years.

I learned ck2 with the Arumba one almost 3y ago. Now is totally out of date

Will check again the videos and try. Soon with an update of my shittuation

Play as the burgers, spend the first 4 years of the game building IC
Then begin world conquest against everyone

How the fuck is what I posted saying that that is acceptable? I just said that it might get a lot better since DLCs indeed will fix it! Also, paywall is a non-argument as nobody on this site would pay for Parajew's DLCs.

This game is turning insane.

Marx save the Queen!

what mod?

Grand campaign.
I played as greece until germany lost the war and switched over.

What's the general consensus on robmod here?

Would Stellaris be an alright topic to discuss in these threads or is it too shit compared to others of its kind to be worth anything but implications of DLC jewery? Mostly wondering since I could use some help when it comes to modding from some more experienced people.

How did you acquire Trento and Bolzano?

it's shit

If the stellaris thread is ded sure

Damn things on page 10 so I'd say it's pretty dead in the water, not much to talk about with it since it seems everything was stripped out for DLC while also being balanced around massive MP games.

Like poetry really.

So it seems like 1.17 for EU4 is out and I still have the autonomy bug. I really doubt that is on the legit game, because it is very game breaking. But I don't hear people playing the pirated version complaining too. I am not even sure if I am going to touch the game ever again, but I at least wanted to finish a god damn game.

Ausfag who plays Ottomans in the WW1 game, you better show up this week.

When was the primary culture of The Knights changed to occitan??
I swear it used to be Maltese

Imagine if Stellaris had a pop system akin to Victoria 2.

Elaborate, please.

That would be great and make the game a lot better, but too complicated for the audience they're aiming for I guess. But the current system? I doubt even Civ VI can be worse than this

The pops have some depth, they aren't just points. They have their own species and ethics, which can shift based on what's happening to them. But I haven't seen the game do much with that.

Living Pops DLC confirmed.

To add to my post, I think the system is still awfully inadequate. The pops should have a class beyond being a slave/non-slave (so you can have x species overlords without chattel slavery, but I think simpler system than Vicky2 would work for a space game with very varied societies), availability of those boring strategic resources should affect pop behaviour, there should be more factions with their own agendas and there should a proper screen for pop ledgers. Currently it's really hard to see if your pops are starting to ethos shift, which is propably why most people don't ever notice it.

ally with poland and remove bolshevik

Well, good thing I checked the thread, I forgot since I've had a very busy week. I'll set an alarm for tomorrow.

I think the central powers are totally fucked.

You put up a good fight, so cede Australia and California to us and we'll call it equal.

I think fleet combat is even worse.

this

I see little reason not to have it here, seeing as how Distant Worlds and Total War are discussed in these threads as well.

I myself don't really mind, but I wish there was more games likes Paradox's "gsg" to warrant the existance of the term.

I might be a bit late in joining the game. Probably only 30 minutes, max an hour, so don't start without me if you can help it

EvW had a "We Are the World" campaign where people could go onto the Pdox forums and post a pic and a short bio/background and they added you to the game as a potential cabinet member / president.

It seems the Ottoman guy is here, can I still play regardless? I was the US in that game that didn't happen last week.

Slitherine has some but, there's a reason these threads are dominated by Paracuck's games. Almost no one else making GSGs.

That shit is way too expensive.

You mean from the vanilla game?
It's doubtful. At this point we have a pretty ironclad cast of 6 players (3v3) for the WW1 game.

Yup. Oh well.

I do hope you guys have been playing on the right side of history lately :^)

Where's the host?

Welp, now what? Forcing rome to split by loading as them and making the decision sounds cheap, but at this rate they're gonna blob the world.

The Americas are your birthright. Go conquer them. The Continent is full of wankers and always has been.

Finished early so I could get back and play and now the hosts not here. Fuck

Leave it to the Huns.

Turks here, my home internet isn't working so just play without me for now and I'll let you know when I get it fixed, hopefully you can rehost.

Host here. Sorry I'm late. Should I still host?

Yes

mp_German_Empire1915_06_09_11.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/ujnaik.hoi3

It's not even an hour. No big deal. We even have a player that was going to be late. It usually takes us this long to get playing either way.

It's no problem. Just don't scare me like that m8. I look forward to this all week and it's the only reason I wake up on Saturdays

My heart sank a little when I realized what day it was.

lol fags

We're at 5 players. We need Kebab.

Are you sure you can't play?

People are to lazy to use Hamachi for whatever reason.

Gameranger is better for DH

That guy who wanted to play earlier is welcome to join, you can play shitaly, bulgaria, or turks depending if aussia shows up.

Somebody please play Kebab. This game has been stalled for way too long.

Hamachi is shit, Tunngle is king

Why not just use some actual VPN software? And why do you even need it when you already have open ports?

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\WW1Modv1.0\save games

In HPM is it possible to annex the German minors as Prussia, without forming NGF/Germany? Does the War of Unification CB ever apply to them? I want to stay Prussia, it was a way better nation than Germany.

Is DH really that much better than HoI3 in general or in terms of WW1 games?

This is confusing. The save game says ENG owns the province even though TUR does in the game.

Maybe if you unpause it will go back to the UK

I found out how to do it through the console. I'll just do it that way. 1 sec.

The numbers in the game files don't correspond to the actual map. So where it says for example, 5592 - BeerSheva.txt, it's actually Kurnuo. I can't figure out what the province ids are. In that case, the provinces are close, but often they are all over the world. I try to change the provinces in order and I end up giving ENG parts of China and America and so on.

better in general

can't you show the provid with tdbg in the console?

That seems to work. Thanks. Let me fix it.

Is this okay?

UK owned more along the coast of Red Sea, and France had the bottom two provinces of the Red Sea coast

it's roughly how it was, persia owned some parts of arabia but I'm not sure that it would be worth the trouble.

Allies lost some ground where iraq connects to British indian holdings

Persia retained most of its Arabian holdings, except for the parts that connected Persia proper with Arabia around the Southern Iraq region.

Kebab here. The contest lines between me and UK were pretty much that, yeah. To the south, however, UK has captured more than 60% of the provinces.

I hope this will suffice.

German_Empire1915_12_18_14_fixed.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/jygqyi.hoi3

Hosting.

For those of you that are wondering what happened, there's a featurebug when Ottomans took over Greece, a lot of allied territory went back to the Ottomans. We had to fix the savegame in the console and rehost. Now we're having problems with the AI messing with our game. Hopefully nothing this game-breaking will happen again.

We're having a Christmas Truce.

I think it would be wise to save the game immediately prior to enforcing any sorts of peace. For some reason it seems to have only affected Ottoman territory both times, but that second time was absolutely debilitating.

Well that was fun, see you guys next week

I had fun being kekab and removing tea for one night. Hope to play with you guys again.

Well you're more than welcome to play again next week. Even if the aussie shows up you could play Bulgaria if you would like.

Here is the current map and the old one for reference.

The CP has invaded Greece and repelled the Allied invasions along the Mediterranean while securing some devastating encirclements. With Germany closing in on St Petersburg and concentrating its forces there, Russia throws a counter offensive against the weak German line in the South and England begins a landing to the North-East of Konigsberg, likely in a joint attempt to split the German forces in half. Germany must repeal this counter-offensive in order to secure its position in Russia and capture St Petersburg. Also worth noting is a failed French attack in the Western front, likely an attempt to take pressure away from Russia. Air power is becoming increasingly important and armored vehicles are beginning to make their appearance. It will be an interesting year.

Agreed. We'll remember it for text time.

You're gonna get it.

IMO if someone doesn't bother to play their own country, they shouldn't get to keep it.

Vive la France

Sorry for missing the game, when my internet was fucking up I just wasn't that bothered staying awake.

Good to see whoever replaced me did a good job.

Looks like the primary battlegrounds are now Russia and the middle east.

just kill me

Half of us are playing on pirated versions

Speaking of multiplayer on pirated versions, is it possible to play pirate Stellaris multiplayer or are there a ton of onerous hoops to jump through? It's a shallow piece of shit but I think it'd be fun to play around with some mates or a couple of you fuckers.

Do you have a DL link to the right version to pirate?

I just want to play with you guys.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:T5AW7OM5MY6ZHKFVB6TNNHY4UUQF3P2D&dn=HOI3.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

This one should work, we're currently playing the ww1 1.0 mod every Saturday at 4. You could jump in as Italy or Bulgaria if you'd want.
Checksum is VCIX if i remember right.

Thanks man. Are you guys autists about historicity or is Spain open?

I'm spending the next 2 months in Africa helping little niglets so I'll only be able to play this upcoming Saturday

Spain is open and in the entente I'm fine with it and im sure the other guys would be.

Are hearts of iron battles calculated the same way CIV II battles are? I believe so. It looks like they took the same combat system, and added more modifiers to it such as softness

Yeah Spain is definitely minor enough to be largely unaffected by a human dropping in for one session only.

Български юнаци!

idk tbh fam I'm full 1488 but I had the opportunity and couldn't pass it up.

That Vic2 game going to happen?

Isn't this company shit? The Extra Credits writer worked(s?) for them.

I also read a thread on the Pike & Shot steam discussions where they stated that they'd never have a sale or lower the price for their game.

Is this the same link for the mega link?

In this shitty place i live they block torrent

I'd be up for some Vic2 gayming.

A question, if enemy has 100% warscore on you, do you have to accept the peace deal? Never happened to me but I'm wondering what happens

I never saw a citation for that. Got one?

I've bought them on sale on steam. What are you on about?

Get a seedbox or VPN.

In EU3 you do. If the warscore is high enough, you take stability hits for refusing to accept. If you refuse a certain amount, it accepts automatically. If you're small enough, you can be annexed outright.

Same, but depends on which mod

What are the different V2 mods? How are they different from eachother and the base game? The pastebin doesn't talk about them

I don't have a mod preference. I've been playing some old pop realism mod I downloaded years ago so it's about time I'd look into more current stuff.

It would be great if someone came up a unifying theme for player countries because there isn't apparent ones like in WWI and WWII.

The number 1 thing you can do to reduce Africa's population growth is to help them develop their countries. Honestly I don't know why more white supremacists don't try to dig wells and build schools in Africa

That's only true in a scenario where value is put on the human rights of Africans. White supremacists don't tend to do that.

Demographic trends are the same regardless of subjective feelings. It would fit well into their ideology of done for purely pragmatic reasons rather than for the typical humanitarian ones.

Current population growth of Africa is sustained by massive ammounts of foreign aid. WIthout it, most African countries would need decades to build their own infrastructure to support efficient enough farming not to have their population continue collapse into pre-industrial levels.

If control of population growth is the only goal (which it isn't), doing it by building infrastructure is like climbing a tree ass first. It works, but it's not optimal.

Gonna need a source on this. To my understanding, they have lots of kids because of poverty, ignorance, a lack of contraceptives and to get more farmhands.

Way to completely miss the point.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_transition

What, do you think people can survive long enough to breed withou food?

worldwatch.org/node/557

What point? That instead of letting sub-Saharan Africans die of starvation, white supremacists should help them instead?

Food imports =/= food aid. China is a net importer of food, as is Europe.

The point is that population growth depends on a society's point in the demographic progression, so yes, if white supremacists helped Africa develop it would lower African population growth and reduce third-world immigration. Right the continent's population is exploding not because of malthusian reasons but because it is pre-industrial. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Food import to Africa is majorly paid through the massive foreign aid. Europe is a post-industrial economy that can produce enough to buy the food it needs.

Are you really stupid, fam?

That's not true, and considering you're unable to understand a concept as simple as the demographic transition, you're clearly the stupid one here.

Mate, I acknowledged it in my first post. Taking this into account, I have to assume you lack the basic reading comprehension skills.

I have a feeling this poster right here is a cuckaroo

Niggers in developed western countries still breed like rats. The more you give them the more they will breed. If you want to deal with the black problem STOP GIVING THEM STUFF. If you stop giving them stuff, their population will decline on its own until they are few enough to finish off relatively easily.

I know it's not very good and it's not really a gsg game, but please let me tell my stellaris story

Well did you beat them?

the machines? not yet, i've ignored the ones that aren't a direct threat to me or are in territory i want to take, since anything weakening my eventual enemies is welcome to me

the dark red splotches in there are the machines, and right now I'm disassembling the ones in pic related for my vassal near there. all the others aren't really my problem. i think it's pretty cool though that you can choose to forcibly disassemble and purge even peaceful machines from conquered worlds, though, it's got me imagining the second renaissance

Why didn't the Fallen Empire intervene and fuck their shit up?

The mega one works for the ww1 mod, but not for vanilla, which we play sometimes. It's the GOG version and for some reason it cant play with the steam version. Just use a VPN like the other guy said.

i wish i could give you some borderline RP story about how they were already at war or something, but the AI is unbelievably stupid in this game, so they probably just never thought of it

Or maybe a fanatic materialist fallen empire isn't in your universe?

Justin's wet dream if Trump gets elected

Has anybody else played this game? It's called Superpower 2.

It's pretty fun.

I kind of wanted to ask this in the next thread, but this one just doesn't die, so:

I'm an aspiring indie dev (read: kikestarter-prone hack) and I'm entertaining the idea of trying my hand in the gsg niche someday (when I have some funds saved up from previous kikestarts).

What's the grand strategy players' wish list? What are the features from old gsgs (Victoria 2 esp) that you cherish, what features from non-gsg games would you welcome? Any heavy mechanics ideas I can take off your shoulders? lel

Stellaris made it pretty clear (as if EU4 didn't already) mana pools are a dead end, what else should be purged?

Is a very fast multiplayer gameplay acceptable? As in, you constantly manage your stuff and there's no idle time when you wait for some bar to fill at all. This would also translate into singleplayer I guess, all hands on, you only get to sit back when paused.

what the fuck are you doing back here nigger

top kek since japs use their symbol alphabet straight from china

HOI3 fag here
ive learned how to organize them mostly
ive tried to play as persia for a while but i reach 1943 and get in a status quo cut east by nazi, north by commie, south and west by brithbong
how do i make sure to have a proper armada to at least invade more place rather than just 2

How do we make politicians play this game?

Give it a timeline from the Stone Age until the scifi future and give it deep combat mechanics. Also allow for easy modding and custom world generation. Don't release it on Steam and have good netcode.

That's a good one. Have you played a GSG before?

It's tough to understand you. Try reading this: hoi3wiki.com/Country_guides

i know sorry, my written english is shity

someone knows if CK+ got updated at 2.5?
did someone have used the game of thrones mod fully? i cant use any country apart of the 5 suggested

Fallen Empires are supposed to be passive.

Pick one. The wider the period you have to cover, the more generic your combat system will be.

Multiplayer is very low priority - most people play SP (since you usually don't have similarly autistic friends who are into GSG and don't want to play with strangers) and those who do play MP seem to (judging from the posts here) preffer co-op against AI, which, again, needs a solid SP basis to build on.

Not sure how you'd want to achieve that without a shitpile of micromanagement to keep you busy, which is a big no-no. For all its flaws, parajew tends to handle micromanagement well in that they always give you some small area (in Stellaris it's core worlds, in CK2 it's holdings) that you can micromanage while the rest of your empire gets managed by AI.

As for combat, there should be a balance regarding retreats. Having two armies fight to the last man is just bad, but doing shattered retreat like in EU4 and CK2, when the army gets fully reinforced before they reach home, is equally terrible. Losing a battle shouldn't annihilate your army and lose you the entire war, but it should still hurt. Also, the winner should be able to try and chase down the retreating enemy, for example by encirclement like in HoI3.

events and decisions. Lots of them and as un-generic as possible. Parajew tends to make a hundred generic events that can apply to anything and call it a day, maybe add a special one for a few select countries. I'd preffer to have a really flavour-rich country with many special events and decisions, even if it meant that fewer countries would be playable.

Maybe some RPG-like character development for the leader, like in CK2? Nothing really important.

If you're ambitious, you could have the gameplay change depending on which era it currently is in gametime (if you had a game spanning multiple eras)

I have a few questions about this State and Territory shit. How important is to do that? Should I do it everywhere I can (talking about colonies)? I mean there is suppose to be some limit, but I have no idea where I can see that. I seem to be able to make as many as I want, which usually means for the game I am paying more. In the Technology screen it says 5, but I have a lot more. Isn't it fucked up that you have to core a state twice? That means administration power is even that more important. Should I ever change the culture of province? I never have enough diplomat power to do it, so I just don't.

Also why no one told me that the game is in a "weird state" for the first month when a game is loaded?

Ye. India got axed too

For a good example of this go mess around in Kaiserriech, they're probably a gold standard for flavor events

Combat in GSG games is already fairly abstract. Not every modifier will apply at the beginning.

Cringe. SP is a demo.

You shouldn't even bother including a multiplayer component, to be honest.

If you want multiplayer, make a 4X instead.

This a thousand times. What is fundamentally wrong with Parejew's games - I mean, aside from their DLC model - is that they balance it for multiplayer that literally nobody plays. Some nations need to be just plain better than others or at the very least be unique to encourage your players to try each nation to see what's different and what suits what playstyle.

Multiplayer shouldn't be balanced in historical games.

should be how it plays.

The greatest war of our age continues. Russia's advance into Africa has borne fruit with the elimination of Free France and Belgium. Naval landings in Australia and then South Africa have led to the complete eradication of the British Commonwealth countries. In order to ensure Japanese naval superiority, Grand Admiral Yamamoto led a strike on the British port of Manchester. It was an incredible success with 7 of the British carriers being sunk at port. Yamamoto returned later to destroy another 3 carriers. After this crushing victory, the Japanese High Command decided to authorize the usage of the first Japanese atomic bomb, built based on plans scavenged from the invasion of the US. The bomb was dropped on the morning of October 20th. Hideki Tojo had this to say "We have used it in order to shorten the agony of war, in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Japanese. We shall continue to use it until we completely destroy Britain's ability to make war."

Unfortunately, Britain has refused to surrender. Invasion forces are already headed for Iceland as the year 1949 closes. The new decade shall see the end of the war, once and for all.

I've tried to play it but when selecting the character I start the game and it CTD….is common or need a patch?

Congrats, user. As for my Nip playthrough, I don't really feel like continuing it.

Why's their org. recovering so slowly? It's impossible to move at this point.

Destroyed infrastructure and foreign territory.

Your best bet would be to redeploy that entire army elsewhere.

help anyone?
i cant log in paracocks forum and ask because i didnt gave them money

What game version do you have?
What mod version do you have?
What is your checksum?

I actually wanted to do Stone Age to Renaissance. The flavor would change too much after that IMO. It'd be pretty rough in the random mode if you did everything right your whole game, beating back larger entities in unfavorable conditions until finally dominating them, then suddenly realized you're the Aztecs about to get enriched by spehs muh'reens from a more advanced corner of the world. It's a question of dosing it and making it engaging instead of a grind.

Why? I could release it on various platforms I guess, but they're pretty similar. Not releasing on Steam might be shooting yourself in the dick in terms of sales. You gotta eat. I have to admitt I didn't look into distribution details yet.

I said fast, not short. Don't be a downie. I can make you juggle a dozen interconnected features at once and have you feverishly swapping map modes just to maintain your borders against a more advanced state while outwardly seemingly doing absolutely nothing.

I'm not exactly an AI specialist… And from what I pick up it can really fuck with your CPU reqs. Would be nice to be able to just make a primarily multi game. Make it actually fun and engaging and don't sweat about the AI because human players would provide all the challenge… However I recognize this might be irreconcilable with the amount of time it usually takes to get anywhere. I guess I also don't like the idea of leaving AI development to someone else.

This is actually something I can do fairly easily. I got a system for structuring things like that. Don't a lot of people get annoyed with the arbitrarily RNG pop ups, though? I heard people complain it takes away from actual strategy.

About that, where's the hard line between 4x and a randomly generated gsg? Wouldn't a sufficiently sophisticated and large scope 4x automatically become a gsg?

I'd try to make the game mechanics as fluid as possible in the relation to the terrain, so the concept somewhat naturally rolled into the fundamental 4x principles by itself. Both terms are pretty nebulous, frankly.

Shit, I actually meant to write this after

Don't do multiplayer only, it will bomb. Also do release on steam, gog and everywhere else, just no drm.

Do whatever you will, but have a descent AI or the game is useless. You can always have customization that enables you to disable or adjust the frequency of random events. Also do have nation goes you can go for to complete and the get a bonus.

Have you tried a second landing? Don't forget to use troops that your puppets build since you can control them directly. And yes the org regain is garbage when you're in the US. It's easier to push through the northern US at the border with Canada because the provinces are easier to move through. So I'd say try landing another army at Seattle to take the pressure off San Fran. Good luck

Pre-Order now you filthy autists

but if you'll get sprites, and music, and we'll even give Poland a tech tree, yes that's right, a whole individual tech tree because that's how all decisions are done now

Why?

our stockholders promised that our bonus would be given in dildo format if we sold enough copies
t. Johan

That's that for me I guess. Time for new game.

There is no "line", a 4X is a randomly generated grand strategy game.

Feels bittersweet.

Jesus Christ.

So SJWs hate Stalin but call themselves Maoist.
Holla Forumsacks hate filthy communist Stalin, but like People's Republic of China now? Nah. I mean, sure, many Holla Forumsacks have the stupid hate for Russia for actually choosing China's totally non-communistic state instead is just retarded.

Who said anything about the peoples republic of china, I said the republican nationalists not Mao's gang of brigands.

Speaking as an Asian here: kill yourself, Western pig.

Is Hearts of Iron IV gonna be shit or no I thought of getting into GSG's like that and I'm aware of the DLC.

What is the name of the song.

It's going to be fucking shit.

But if you're new to GSG's then go ahead and pirate it.

You won't be able to plan your own operations in the greatest depth like in 3; the AI will do it for you and not even well because Paradox are bunch of Swedes.

Is that HoI 2 or Darkest Hour.

It's 3.

Say goodbye to these beautiful battle plans. All you're gonna get in 4 is one single thin arrow while the AI tries to do advance in a broad front Great War-style.

Last question, which game did Paradox go to shit and I don't mean when it was submerged I mean the showing and gradual steps.

user wants a white minority US.jpg

HOI3 and CK2

>Japanese SJW's
The Japanese nationalist movement is full of literal communists and DPRK sympathizers

There are still active, non-reservation Cherokee communities who still speak Cherokee as a first language through out the Appalachians. You're telling me the Japanese language, in the Japanese islands with millions of Japanese would be less affective at preserving their own language than pockets of Cherokee surrounded by English speaking whites 1000:1?

You're just mad that my fantasy scenerio leaves glorious China strong and independent and Japan incorporated into the Union.

Oy very, they've figured me out. Shut it down, the goyim know!

I think it began with CK2, and the moment they became full Jews was EU4.

HoI3 didn't sell very well because they're Swedes and they don't know how to make a good tutorial. 3's tutorial is just Hitler talking to you. So lots of people were frustrated and didn't bother to learn the game so they could make something great like pics related.

Your vision is awful, Western pig. A better scenario would be Japan winning WW2 alongside Hitler and getting the West Coast.

none of that shit was in the game until 3 expansions later though
on release HOI3 was a buggy disaster

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess.

Nope, we western democracy, from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of tripoli

CK2 but it might have started due to HoI3
In comparison to HoI2, HoI3 was more complex/harder to play combat wise and a lot of people complained. I think it's actual problems was the lack of depth in other areas and the high amount of railroading.
CK2 was a lot more simplified and they made more money with it, they brought out their first dlcs and made a ton of shekels with those too, from there on they took a nosedive.

Hey Far East Prussia, what do yo u want with the West Coast? Not even we wanted it, I mean a bit of France, a few nibbles of Poland, some Soviet chunks and maybe South Tirol are one thing but an US Coast what are you even supposed to do with it?

Game version is 2.5.1
Ck+ version is the 4.04.4 with India upgrade have been told was ok for conclave
Checksum I don't know what is

Eat shit, leftist. Democracy is evil.

Smug-lyanka

The American republic is pre-enlightenment bro, it roots itself in the tradition of English parlimentarianism which is completely unrelated to french socialist democracy which has dominated the western democratic tradition (unfortunately, even in the united states) since the 19th century.

Democracies and Republics have existed in the west for as long as it has existed alongside and cooperatively with the old feudal governments and exists completely independent of liberalism.

The rest of your post is agreeable but this is indisputably false.

YES

Patching your game to 2.5.2 should fix it.
Checksum should be EQID after that.

Now if it only would have some decent performance.

Is that a fun game? Because that sounds fucking awesome.

If you want to say that it was established during the enlightenment, sure okay, chronologically this is true. But all of the political and legal philosophy behind the American republic comes from before the enlightenment and the founders can be seen voicing very strong caution against enlightenment thought, even Jefferson probably the most liberal of the founders excluding Paine, found himself a very qualified ally of the French revolution and his ideas of the agrarian citizen and meritocratic education and social order ran counter to the utopian universalism that was starting to come into vogue.

In fact Paine is a much more "modern" figure and much more congruent with the spirit of the enlightenment which is interesting to note when you look at how the majority of the founders reacted to him post-revolution - that is, they either distanced themselves from him or they outright denounced him as he became increasingly radical with time.

This is what I meant when I said pre-enlightenment. The intellectual tradition is pre-enlightenment and the establishment of the American republic and the development of it's political philosophy occurred independent of the philosophies that arose out of enlightenment thought.

What do you think "Enlightenment thought" entails?

Are you going to argue that English common law, jurisprudence, parliamentarianism and protestantism are a result of the enlightenment?

As far as actually answering the question, I'd say that "enlightenment thought" is typified in the principles of the French revolution, that is secularism, utopianism, socialism, egalitarianism and a libertine attitude to social moral values with either a deemphasis on organized religion or a rejection of it outright.

So where would you place John Locke?

I think he's an interesting case and straddles the line between the Renaissance and Enlightenment, much the same way Martin Luther straddled the Medieval and Renaissance and Augustine "predicts" the medieval period.

You realize that's why now family have on average max 1.5 child and in 1939 Mussolini had gave extra cash for family with more children's?

If one work, the other rise up the family, this is the traditional concept. But femminazi want to be equal so we end up with two working and no one is actually having kids. And if they have them, they will use the TV as a nanny.

Simple concept really, That's why you will never hear a dude say "I work because I want to be this"
Usually they say "I want to work so I can have things" this imply that men works for having some ting outside as a life. Instead female "have a career" they want to exceed in a job because that's all they have, being shallow outside

Well, then I have to wait for the mega to have 5.2.1

Will see the checksum and hope

Wait, did they update Geheimnisnacht?

Also lol @ the Stellaris thread dying and nobody making a new thread. Ded gaem.

[citation needed]

is that a mod

Yeah, a couple of days ago. Got Skaven and Ogres.

I picked up my TGC game with Leninist Elizabeth II. again.

The soviets are almost beaten but I'm not sure
wether I should take the bitter peace, annex them or balkanize them considering the game will continue for another 50 years.

More pictures of the eastern front.

May as well annex them considering how much land you've taken from them already. What are your plans for France and the UK?

I'm not too sure.
I'm already at war with France so I won't get around beating them but I might puppet or create Vichy France instead of annexing them.
As for the UK, they are not at war with me yet so if they dont dow me after the fall of France I might leave them alone unless thier defeat is needed to fire the victory events from NWO2.

Managed to nab Enkaishu before the Russians could core and take it. Also got lucky with Qing and the Heavenly Kingdom negotiating a white peace, neither having cores on the other.

Not sure if I should tag switch to Imperial Japan after unification or just remain the Shogunate.

Don't you turn into Imperial Japan after the unification?

Looks like HPP

That's actually switched to Nurseries and school now and giving kids ipads
my sister only sees her kids 3 days a week, my brother only sees his kid on the weekend, I'm sure they'll grow up to well adjusted individuals

No, in HPM you can do it by decision though.

that czechoslovakia is disgusting

Yeah I have to do something about it.
The First and Second Vienna Award didn't fire most likely because UK turned Leninist.
I'll either annex them or fir ethe events manually and give Slovakia to Hungary.

Did they take out annexation of china in HPM or am I being retarded?

You can't take Chinese provinces without being in Asia with certain techs, all you can do is take treaty ports.

Pretty sure they have a unify the nation CB so they'll still try and kill each other again.

Nice encirclements.

OR = {
NOT = { owner = { is_culture_group = east_asian } }
NOT = { total_pops = 700000 }
NOT = { any_owned_province = { is_core = CHI } }
AND = {
THIS = { ai = no naval_directionism = 1 machine_guns = 1 NOT = { capital_scope = { continent = asia } } }
any_owned_province = { any_neighbor_province = { OR = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } is_overseas = yes } } }
any_owned_province = { port = yes }
}
AND = {
THIS = { capital_scope = { continent = asia } ai = no naval_logistics = 1 num_of_ports = 1 }
NOT = { any_owned_province = { any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS } } }
any_owned_province = { port = yes }
}
AND = {
THIS = {
integral_rail_system = 1
military_logistics = 1
machine_guns = 1
ai = no
NOT = { capital_scope = { continent = asia } }
}
NOT = { total_pops = 2000000 }
any_owned_province = { any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS is_overseas = no has_building = railroad } }
}
AND = {
THIS = { steel_railroad = 1 military_logistics = 1 machine_guns = 1 ai = no capital_scope = { continent = asia } }
NOT = { total_pops = 2000000 }
any_owned_province = { any_neighbor_province = { owned_by = THIS is_overseas = no has_building = railroad } }
}
}

tl;dr you can, but with restrictions, and you can't conquer all of it.

They did, entertainingly Guangdong fighting for Taiping and Burma fighting for Qing did all the actual fighting, as Taiping and Qing had no armies of their own.

HoI 4 pre-order trailer

classic swedes.

It's meant to be an in character trailer, didn't they do a Nazi one in character too?

That's retarded.

No, that's what happens when they tear each other apart in a civil war and then get fucked again and again by enormous reactionary rebellions.

Although it helps that I'd already killed most of Qing's armies to take Enkaishu.

So you can only steal some ports as japan or america?

no

You can take treaty ports as anyone, but you can't take whole regions unless you're in Asia and have certain techs.

Can anyone get me the latest Black Ice mod? It should be version 8.5 or greater

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/blackice.467

mediafire.com/download/41hy9pswd107q4x/blackice-installer_2.0.zip
or
mediafire.com/download/cqczs9q2dlq8y45/blackice-installer.zip

How comes the Dark Hour on the archive is 1.03 when there is a 1.04 out? There is a GoG version on kat.

You can take them from outside asia, but the tech requirements are higher.

Also, if you're in asia, you're allowed to take chinese states of ANY size provided you have Naval Logistics, the state is coastal, and you have no neighbouring states. (Note that it allocates this on war conclusion so you can't just line up a bunch of wargoals for adjacent states on this basis; you won't be given ineligible ones as the game hands them out).

For land-connected states, or if you're not in asia, you're limited to 2 million pops in state total. The tech requirements are higher for non-asians.

Apparently before civilizing, as Tokugawa at least, you can use Acquire State on any chinese states. But to actually annex all of China this way would involve delaying westernization a really long time, probably not worth it.