Why is every localization company seemingly asshurt when people say they hate censorship and get even more asshurt when...

twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/730941084243648512

Why is every localization company seemingly asshurt when people say they hate censorship and get even more asshurt when people bring up Xseed? Is it because translators are so sensitive that they have to censor games from other cultures.

Makes me worried since some of the xseed staff are SJWs.

just like learn moon lmao

because DOING work
is too hard

But aren't they doing more work by changing stuff that wasn't even a part of the original game?

huh, now you mention it yeah, but
….
….
….
….

God only knows how much they will censor with upcoming games. I think the funniest part is they are localizing one piece games, so if they censor that it is just 4kids all over again. God only knows what they did to the 999 series.

Aksys games is really pathetic too surprisingly and defended their censorship of fighting games and their terrible translation by calling everyone who pointed out they mistranslated a lightning storm as a snow storm. They got so asshurt at people making fun of the new FE game that they publicly posted about it on their account about why those people were bigots and helped get Rapp fired.

At least they only publish garbagecan games.

1. Properly translating is harder then making up shit and/or shoving in ebin memes.
2. Supposedly the more they change they more money they get.

If I wanted a shit translation, I'd use google instead of paying 50 bucks.

Luckily I'm learning moon and don't have to do either.

Archive on bit?

Does no Dev these days have a fucking brain?

Easy, they get payed per hour or by change so if they drag out the process they'll do less work other a period because less games to deal with but get more money because all the changes
Also probably half the people there probably don't know Japanese and are just making stuff up

The real problem though is that companies think they can maximize their profit by broadening their product's appeal. They appear to have become oblivious to the existence of niche markets. You don't need to sell 5 million copies for a profit. You can sell 50,000 Neptunia games on a shoe string budget and make a tidy enough profit to survive into making the next game, hopefully improve on it, and grow your customer base over time.

And the funniest thing is that uncensored products or Asia English Versions of unlocalised products sell really well

Forgot to say that, Censored products sell bad in comaprison

Devs don't really care by then.

They didn't make their game for some foreigner. They made it with their own people and their own language in mind.

If someone who speaks something that sounds like mexican assblasts to you about translating for other people who don't understand you then why would they care? It's no longer about making the game like you wanted it, it's a business decision to expand your audience at that point.

Not true

it's only "hard" because nip isn't like mot western languages with roots in latin

sue there are many ways to get the point across when translating but the big part is making the dialogue when translated believable, as in don't go translating a child's dialogue and then wording it very articulately as a child typically doesn't have the vocabulary of a adult (baring when situations call for it of course)

TL;DR

Translation isn't hard, just most translators are whiny cunts

People should bring up this episode of Duckman more often, especially the part how the woman behind forcing feminism was actually a man in disguise

It's because XSEED just brings games over and try to have them altered the least.

They also understand the target audience that want the games they want, and understand that when a customer is happy, they'll come back for more.

I remember loving Duckman as a kid because it was ridiculous and cartoony. Now as an adult I love it even more for how far ahead of it's time it was.

Op, have you tried asking?

Also, I hope you are learning 日本語

I suppose so, but it will always mystify me why fucking localization teams think memes will do anything but fucking date a game.

If it were as easy to put subs onto games as it is with video, the localization industry would collapse almost overnight. Even a relatively decent company like Xseed routinely releases inferior products for licensing or PR reasons (dub-only Falcom games, missing DLC and text censorship in Senran Kagura). No one would put up with that shit if they had other options to play the games in English. Even if you had to buy the Jap version and apply a translation patch rather than just getting it for free, it'd be the better option.

Whatever they're saying is bullshit and these people are complete faggots, am I right?

Devs just want to convince you that the cheap, fast translation is better than the expensive, slow (and accurate) one.

That poor cat

What did he mean by this?

He got pozzed by the "Japanese aren't breeding so they need immigrants" meme.

They get paid more to do more work
The japs just think "dang, it must be hard work turning all this shit into their filthy gaijin language"

God I forgot how great Duckman show is.

I miss it.

Why is every user seemingly asshurt when people say they Holla Forums only cares about censorship when it's regarding T&A and get even more asshurt when people prove it by showing how they never care when non-fanservice censorship examples occur? Is it because anons are so desperate for boobs that they have to fap to games from other cultures?

Because it's [the current year], user. What do you think it is, the middle ages?

Skinwalker detected.

Danganronpa's official English version was pretty bad, there's shit like how every character says "cuz" instead of " 'cause" or being completely inconsistent with where it takes place or what language people speak (this is most blatant in DR2 where several times the characters mention speaking English but are unable to understand a pamphlet in English because its a foreign language, or many characters reference being raised in Japan but they do shit like trying to make Teruteru sound like he's from a southern US state).

And they were even incompetent at translating obvious things like the students' ultimates, "Ultimate Morale Compass" is super weird, but the fan translation had "Ultimate Hall Monitor" which made much more sense.

The fan translation just played it straight and I have no idea why they pay people to translate it afterwards when it's already been done better for free.

fuck localization

Duckman was trying to warn us out the future!

Gee OP, I wonder why?