Video games are not like they used to be, I think we all understand this

Video games are not like they used to be, I think we all understand this.
The audience has shifted from those of us that actually enjoy video games which filled our imaginations with stories of myth and wonder to a more casual audience, which only cares about MLG and other aspects of nugaming "culture".

I know, you miss the fantastic worlds that you'd visit and the incredible characters that you would encounter. It, to say the least, paved the way for our imaginations to create things never before conceived - original unto themselves.

Those things aren't what drive the industry anymore. People who play video games care about one thing - reputation. That's it, that's all. No one can muster one damn to put forth into creating something fun and exciting. That doesn't sell, that's not interesting in the least bit, anymore.
Having a game that's fun doesn't matter; instead a game has to be "epic". This is what sells, this is what people want.

The stories that once entranced you are long dead. Your favorite games no longer interest the modern day crowd.

You are a relic from the past. You are outdated in the eyes of the public gaming community.

This is what gaming has become.

Let it die.

Stop being a defeatist faggot or get bent and take it in, the corporations never really cared about you.
While you whine i'll enjoy my 128 gb worth of PSX games on my PSP and keep working on my projects.

Yes.

It's not being a defeatist, but rather accepting the times have changed.

No.

Don't be a faggot ass nigger and accept that you're fucking old.

No.

Imageboards are not like they used to be, I think we all understand this.

The audience has shifted from those of us that actually enjoy anonymous discussion which filled our imaginations with stories of memes and whores to a more casual audience, which only cares about identity and other aspects of nuimageboard "culture".

I know, you miss the fantastic threads that you'd visit and the incredible posts that you would encounter. It, to say the least, paved the way for our imaginations to create memes never before conceived - original unto themselves.

Those things aren't what drive the boards anymore. People who own imageboards care about one thing - money. That's it, that's all. No one can muster one damn to put forth into creating a truly free imageboard that respects privacy and freedom. That doesn't sell, that's not interesting in the least bit, anymore.

Having an imageboard that's fun doesn't matter; instead an imageboard has to have the most visits. Their IPs and their anexed post content is what sells, this is what kikes want.

The stories that once entranced you are long dead. Your favorite imageboards no longer owned by people with a mind that called for freedom instead of shekels.

You are a relic from the past. You are outdated in the eyes of imageboard owners and managers.

This is what imageboards has become.

Let it die.

Thanks Jim!.

I really don't understand this attitude, i still find fun games that are released today.
There's not that many of them, but they're still there.
Maybe you should stop only looking at AAA releases under the spotlight, if you're interested in something you spend time and effort to look into it, instead of just focusing on what's spoonfed to you.

OP stop being a pessimist and focus on what you like instead of being defined by what you hate.

Video games are getting more popular. As a result, the attention that bad games get in marketing and casual reach becomes even more noticeable. But guess what? Good games will never stop being made. There will always be a clever game with a lot of heart that inspires a new wave of developers. Those are the games you buy. Those are the games you take notes from and revisit. Those are the games which, years from now, you remember these days for.

Be wary of what you hate but focus on what you love. Because that's not going anywhere.

That is not the file I uploaded but I won't complain.

As with all 'sub-cultures' (terrible term but such is life) vidya has largely been taken over by latecomers. Sadly it isn't a new pattern.

There are, however, still good devs and honest gamers out there they're just buried under the waves of shit. Look hard enough and you'll fine it. Even the occasional AAA game manages to be fun.

It's possible for games to be fun AND epic at the same time.

Shadow of the Colossus
Just Cause 2
Morrowind
AssCreed 1&2
Halo 1
Spider-Man 2 / Web of Shadows
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
GTA / Saint's Row / RDR
LOTR games
Jedi Academy / Outcast
KotOR
The Force Unleashed

Are just a few examples off the top of my head

Its called technology you miserable sod

Doesn't remember Tecmo Bowl and NHL 94

The fantastic worlds yes, you have a point here, the characters no– there are limited human emotions and plots. Focus on new ideas in original lands should be paramount in designing new IPs.>>9312390

Don't buy it and let devs know why. Retarded pedo defending journos have gatekeeped this industry for too long, you actually need to tell the devs your input as well.>>9312390

Young and uninformed are vulnerable to advertisement, which is why holy places such as>>9312390
this are so important- honest friendly discussion of games.
Talent gets scooped up and exhausted by big corps like EA. That is the cost of capitalism and free will. The alternative is just unacceptable and probably would ban games outright because a 42 year old man who identifies as a 8 year old girl is offending he can't take a prostate touching constipated shit while hearing a 5 year old girl peeing in the next stall in the current year…

Replay them and create some oc and interest in them. Mod them with a paint job. You are whining.

True, half retarded obese girls and soft boys are being marketed to because they can be advertised to when everyone else has been fooled once or more and learned a lesson and won't be fooled again.>>9312390

Let it be reborn in some other country with solid devs who see a need for the games they would like to play themselves once more.

Thats what happens with anything that goes mainstream. Movies are no different.

But just because everyone watches movies doesnt mean theres no good movies out there, and that you cant be a movie enthusiast who collects really good movies on his shelf.

Movie enthusiasts take pride on discovering really good movies after digging through all the shit ones. You should learn to do the same with games, since thats really the only way you'll be able to find the gems these days.

Holy CHRIST this post is a mess, what the fuck are you doing!?

I'll continue to enjoy video games until the day I meet my maker.

Until then I will continue liking shit taste games instead of being and edgy contrarian faggot.

Fuck off dickweasel most of the people here aren't stupid enough to forfeit market influence.

Part of it is also the declining quality of the people willing to work in Video games. Speaking with some of the people who worked on video games very early on, companies used to try enticing the best programmers by having expensive parties every week and having offices full of leather furniture. Now companies barely pay their programmers and the only parties they get are ones filled with hipsters and cucks.

Is it any wonder the gaming industry is dying when the only people working in it nowadays are failures rather than the best like it used to be.

It's been 20 years since UO. What MMO matched or surpassed it? Why do 4X games still pale in comparison to MOO2, especially when it comes to combat? When will we see a worthy challenger to X-COM: UFO Defense in the TBS arena? Where are the new shooters to compete with Quake 1, Tribes 1 (arguably 2), Battlefield 2 or 2142, PlanetSide 1? What space empire builder beat X3? Where are the more realistic racing sims than we had with rFactor/GTR2/iracing?

Other than for Minecraft and DCS flight sims I could just ignore every game since 2007 and feel like I didn't miss much.

Why let it die when I could reshape it with my own hands? Faggot.

You can't even shape your own life, fag.

I can use my ass to shape your cock like a little girly doll and dress it up, you little faggot

This made me feel pretty fucking shitty.

Make game.

I agree completely.

Just finished Thief Gold, what a masterpiece. With all the fan missions and thief 2, I couldn't care less if all video games stopped being made tomorrow. I still have countless campaigns to play in Wesnoth. Old games > New games

Just play old games. Just dusted off the gamecube and replaying my old avatar in pso. Lots of, lots of nostalgia from hs

Actually it's pretty easy. Just stand up for yourself and demand standards.

Use history to see what the old standards were and demand those to be brought back.

your so stupid user, right now I'm working on a project, can't say what it is(but it will reinvigorate online communities)

My nigger.

What is it you liked about Quake 1 user? I'm confused as to why you'd use that specifically as a benchmark. Is it the threshold between modern graphics and good design?

We still get decent games occasionally and the games I still like are still there. I don't really have a reason to let it die yet.

Fuck you!

We have the power to make our own games, we're only a few, but we'll keep the spirit alive no matter how dark the ages we're going through are.

Its actually better now than it was in 2009

Quake 3 was the streamlined, esportsed Quake experience built for dueling with a focus on metagaming, staying grounded, fighting at distance, and predicting exits from cover. Quake 1 was quirky with large, complex levels built for deathmatch with a focus on reflexes, airtime, fighting close together, and dancing with your opponent. It was way more fun than Quake 3.

I think it'll end up like Doom someday where it took gamers that missed it 20 years to realize how awesome it was.

And let the Marxists have fun with using it for Common Core? Fuck you

Jesus user. No need to dress up like a girl and take cocks up the ass just to prove how gay you are.

Holla Forums gets so depressing every time a major game comes out. Just play old games, folks.

are you underage? is everyone in this thread fucking underage? jesus christ