WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THE COOL GIMMICK GAMES GO?

WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THE COOL GIMMICK GAMES GO?

Think about it. When the Nintendo DS came out there was a fucking tidal wave of really fun games using the new technology. Pics related to name a few.

When is the last time a 3DS game was designed around using 3D? When is the last time a PS4 game used the trackpad on the controller as anything but a big button?

Are devs just afraid to experiment anymore?

I thought cooking mama was still around

Is it even about cooking anymore? i thought she was in gardening and babycare games now or something.

Europoor detected

Thats what google gave me but i swear in bongland i bought a copy called 'feel the magic xx/xy" or something.

Seems like cooking is still the main focus, it just has extraneous activities added to it now, I haven't played this series so I can't comment on it all that much. I just remembered seeing a 3DS rom for cooking mama.

I should probably play that at some point.

YES. YES YOU SHOULD.

Feel The Magic is the american title

Kill yourself

Sorry meme queen, i forget underage get triggered by demands other than more homogenised white noise. I'll bare in mind to spare your feelings in future.

You faggots pirated them, they failed to sell and the developers died.

SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE.

Actually CING (Hotel Dusk dev) did die due to high piracy, so much that two of their best games were europe exclusive. They are now making a japan only spiritual succesor under a different name.

I dont understand why people think gimmicks are bad nowadays. Maybe kinekt but a gimmick isnt a bad thing unless its a bad game.

Things like closing your ds like a book to make an ink printing on both sides of a notebook in hotel dusk? thats a gimmick, and its fucking great.

People need to chill out and realise imageboard uses of terms isnt always the legitimate meaning of it.

I imagine R4 cards being so easy to get a hold of dirt cheap killed off a lot of small studios in the DS era.

How does that help the image of the pirates here in Holla Forums?

Am I the only one who is noticing a trend of them acting all "enlightened", and then when the 3DS/WiiU crack comes out, they turn into total savages who don't even plan on supporting any of the good devs

Its quite primitive and disgusting

What image?

If people want shit for free they find a way. Anyone pretending to be some robin hood hero of the people is fucking delusional. If a game was censored or altered and thats why you dont give the dev money but you pirate it that means you are still okay with sitting through it which makes you a bitch, if you were fine with it but just pirated it because you are cheap then you have no right complaining when a small studio goes under as the normalfags keep EA going full steam year after year.

People can pirate all they like, but whenever someone tries to take some none existent moral high ground and brags about doing so they just look like a massive bellend with an ego complex.

I just wonder if Cooking Mama is still good on 3DS, because I actually really loved the first game a lot.

I wish people would just say "I want to pirate it because I like free shit and dont like paying" and call it a day. No need to go through all sorts of shit to justify it personally.

Well there are DS sequels it seems, and eventually citra will be good enough for the majority of games so you'll be able to find out eventually.

dont heck.

With some pirates it should be taken in to account that they would never even buy the games in the first place.

So in other words, the devs aren't getting money from people who weren't going to give it to them in the first place.

Nintendo was the only one making them and Nintendo's current gimmick boner is Amiibo's and "Freemium" profit models.

I'm getting tired of all these weebs

That's funny. I'm getting tired of all these normalfags.

Honest question, what leads someone like you to imageboards then?

Banned from SA?

Starfox Zero was released last month, OP

But why is the loli not smug this time?

We're talking about games that have a fun gimmick, not a gimmick plastered onto them just to justify the expense of a new generation console with no redeeming quality whatsoever.

I guess the problem is that, with DS, Wii and even fucking eye-toy games, the peripheral was thought up to support a different control scheme than the usual. Motion control games are the most basic gimmick games. Nowadays, what with the Wii U having a tablet whose purpose is to either play games onto when you get cucked by other people wanting to watch shit on the tv or to slow down the framerate of the main game, and with the lack of new interesting gimmicky controllers, there's no much need for this sort of games.

She was never really smug, your power level has reached the point where you see the truth.

No anime loli are happy. for they know why they were created.

but some anons smile, and they know they were created too

I can finally truly see the brutal truth of this universe

Keep in mind you could pirate shit for the PSP for years, the sales for 3rd party multiplats always have double or triple the sales on Sony handhelds. Nobody buys a Nintendo console for "cool games".

Good thing Starfox Zero has a fun gimmick

Unless you're a literal limp wristed faggot casual who can't gut gud

Another thing is that Capcom, Konami and Taito used to actually make video games. Not that Nintendrones would know that.

How wouldn't they know that when the companies you listed made games for Nintendo consoles?

Because nobody bought them. :^)

This is also partly why Hudson Soft's dead besides Konami buying up stock and the decision to flush out trashy games. Too many releases for the DS nobody actually bought.

But user, the gimmick is now getting all meta with you, talking about emotional, thought-provoking themes from real life, and enjoying a story-rich game where your decisions matter. Didn't you play Gone Home or Undertale?

wait, hudson soft is dead?

Konami finished devouring them a few years ago.

What happened to Trauma Center? The whole franchise suddenly stopped after Trauma Team.
And why has no one tried to made clones of the series? Point and click surgery games have infinite fucking potential

Damn, I never knew that

Actually there was a clone, see pic related
I assumed it didn't make returns so they stopped making them, if it did come back it would probably have social links or something similar involving waifus.

Oh I played that one and it was hardly a clone, that game is more of a VN with a handful of realistic surgeries thrown in, instead of CRAZY ARCADE ALIEN PARASITES

Final Surgery: REMOVE EBOLA-CHAN.

God I miss her.

Oh, I thought you meant a clone as in another game with surgery gameplay.

A real human bean ;_;7

This happened.

So people stopped making videogames because of journalist propaganda?

Game journalists and casuals don't want games that play differently. They want games that look different. Imagine a game as a car. No one wants a car that controls differently from other cars. They think of games as a way to casually drive to fun. That is why people love shit like Bioshock and how tLoU seems like laundry list of features.

What are people suggestion for the new Zelda game? Make it more like X. Add a female protagonist. Add voice acting.

I'm not the one who propped up video games journalists.

This one is actually a sequel. Original game is 'Doctor Tendo 2', and the first Doctor Tendo is a JP only almost launch title for the DS.
It's more of a VN indeed, and it even has small routes for you to follow.

Review scores can fuck a game and by extension game devs over. see Fallout: New Vegas.

user, could you be a bigger faggot, I don't think you've tripped san frans gaydar yet.

rip cing