3DS Homebrew Bunker - EVERYTHING'S BURNING

TL;DR: DOWNGRADING FROM ALL FIRMWARES UP TO AND INCLUDING 10.6 IS NOW POSSIBLE
gbatemp.net/threads/working-downgrade-from-10-6-to-9-2.418037/
Memechunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.0-9.2, which are ideal firmwares that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus warez and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.3. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax3 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.6, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fzF0771n
pastebin.com/2HDwD7Js
pastebin.com/ndCFEjjD
pastebin.com/gt8xVidc
pastebin.com/3Wee5dk0
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1
pastebin.com/BgwUB54f
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
pastebin.com/MdNPGLjy
pastebin.com/U7chccw9
gbatemp.net/threads/a-small-thread-on-how-to-tell-if-you-got-an-incomplete-downgrade.408937/
gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller-payloads.419774/
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless
3ds.titlekeys.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-cdn-fx-the-ultimate-eshop-content-downloader.414004/
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=3ds sdhc -8gb -16gb -32gb&_udlo=8&_sop=15&_udhi=40&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X3ds sdhc -4gb -8gb -16gb -32gb.TRS0&_nkw=3ds sdhc -4gb -8gb -16gb -32gb&_sacat=0&rmvSB=true
gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
mega.nz/#!5g9XTThY!tMh-E5WSrNGAACdXLQnKae4DgYmASzd5FQgouanVnLM
mises.org/library/venezuelas-bizarre-system-exchange-rates
mega.nz/#!I89TDIDb!K7AFSVyu3WMoKG6A8RSWaAPEyEK6EhzRYlsLT4QxsHQ
3dsthem.es/1223
3dsthem.es/4518
3dsthem.es/4497
3dsthem.es/4483
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
ataber.pw/downgrade.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Tutorials:
1. Downgrading to 9.2: pastebin.com/fzF0771n
2. Setting up CFW: pastebin.com/2HDwD7Js
- Here is an append for n3DS: pastebin.com/ndCFEjjD
3. Installing DevMenu onto emuNAND: pastebin.com/gt8xVidc
4. How to fix NNID not working on emuNAND (Error 022-2634): pastebin.com/3Wee5dk0

Misc.
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Latest rxTools Nightly (only use if you hate yourself): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
ReiNand Download (USE THIS ON N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
Hardmods and Arm9LoaderHax FAQ: pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Guide for retards:
OLD 3DS ONLY, FOLLOW THIS WITH A N3DS AND YOU WILL BRICK
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1
DO NOT UPDATE EMUNAND UNLESS YOU'VE MADE A BACKUP

Actually, come to think of it, the copypasta is probably in a huge need of an update, a lot of the stuff is out of date, and there's new stuff to add.

I can think of a few good things myself, but if anyone thinks there's anything that needs to be on it, just say so.

When you go on your pretend date with Yuma he will actually fuck you in the ass whether you want it or not. how does it feel to be raped by a 12 year old

Pretty hot, tbh. Wait, are you able to be a qt anime girl in this game?

Important point is that it should retain at least relative objectivity; don't shill any one CFW as the best, for instance, or make note that A9LH is a thing but is a massive pain in the ass and if you're not sure of what you're doing when looking at the guide just go for RxTools/Reinand/AuReinand (or whatever its name is now) instead.

You could but the inferiority complex/rivalry thing doesn't make as much sense if you're a girl.

is 10.7 not possible to downgrade or hack right now?

tfw 10.7 because just recently decided to do this

Yes, but it makes the buttsex that much hotter. Also it means he could be more jealous that a girl is better than he is at his job.

I have no idea what the actual context is, I'm just in it because I can play as a girl being fucked.

New pasta: pastebin.com/BgwUB54f

If I fucked something up, just say so or whatever.

Anyone else have issues updating their emunand to 10.7? It's on 10.6 right now but whenever I attempt to upgrade from the settings it crashes with a generic error message.

godspeed, user

You need OOThax or Ninjhax to install menuhax and then downgrade with memchunkhax 2.5
More info here

DO NOT UPDATE TO 11.0 FW or you will never be able to downgrade again without a hardmod

what is 11.0 FW exactly? I'm very new to this.

The newest official 3DS firmware. When you go to update your 3DS, that is the FW it'll move to.

Oh shit, I'm retarded. Nevermind user

Take a wild fucking guess dumbass I'm not feeding you answers a fucking 15 year old could figure out after spending 5 minutes learning shit

how do I hax xD

If I homebrew, can I run DS roms?

Fixing thread

No, you need a flashcard and mess around with sysnand if it was blocked. If you get something like DSTWO it'll work out of the box.

I use my Wii U for DS roms though.

thank you mods

I thought this was said to be "temporarily" by smegma. We can still hope for an exploit update, right? Right?

Yeah, from what I understood, the measures took by Nintendo to curb oot3dhax and ninjhax were only temporary, and vulnerabilities still exist, so it's only a matter of time before workarounds are found.

memchunkhax (downgrading) is patched out, he's talking about just homebrew
Better learn how to solder github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Here's a really retarded question that's been bugging me a lot: Does EmuNAND9 really only work on v9.2 firmware?

I saw it once on the GBATemp post, but I haven't been able to find anything to verify it. I figure it would be nice to back up my NAND before actually downgrading a device.

See
And
Whoever makes the thread next time will have to remember the new one.

Probably, given that EmuNAND9 relies on kernel-exploits only available on 9.2 and earlier.

The Homebrew exploits were patched temporarily. They only half-patched the downgrading method with memchunkhax2.1 but there's now a hard coded list of minimum versions for system apps so even if you could pull off the kernel exploit you'd be cockblocked. Currently you can get around it by weaseling a 10.2/10.4 Native_Firm file with hardmod, but for the time being it's a new step to break.

why do people hate RXtools now, and how do I switch to a different cfw? I went with it back when cfw first dropped because the guides told me to, and I haven't really payed much attention to the 3ds scene since then.

rxtools is way out of date now and is missing stuff like arm9loaderhax support and shit.

follow this guide to set up a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

with that you can get 100% bootrate on coldboot and dump your emunand for an updated sysnand. It's like having a stock 3ds but you can install .cias.

Don't worry though, updating sysnand is safe. A9LH gets execution before boot so if anything gets fucked up you can launch a tool to recover a nand backup before the OS gets loaded (or not, if it's bricked). Basically, you're protected from all softbricks too.

I'm still using rxTools and have not felt the need to use anything else. a9lh requires you to do a pretty low downgrade to reach your OTP, for me it's an unnecessary risk.

What's the best CFW for running Nipponese games on an American 3DS and how do I install it?

the risk is about as low as it can be at this point, and after you do it you have complete protection from softbricks on sysnand.

To me, it's worth the risk for the speed (my 3ds boots in about 6 or 7 seconds), the 100% rate, and the extra ease with GBA .cias. That said, rxTools is missing FIRM0/FIRM1 protection, which is a serious unnecessary risk, if you get a bad system update it will brick your nand. That said you're probably using emunand so less so, but until the guy on gbatemp updates his it's way out of date.

Use Luma3DS or ReiNAND. They both have region free built into the home menu so Jap carts will work as if they were normal US (if you want to import, and not pirate).

To set it up up to emunand follow this to step 3: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

if you do the extra 2 steps you can install A9LH and have coldboot cfw. Also if you're on system version 11.0 you're fucked.

I want to do both imports and pirates and I'm already on 9.2.

Just do step 3 to set up emunand/sysnand cfw then, or do 3-5 for coldboot w/ a9lh. both luma3ds and reinand will suit your needs, you can install whatever cias you want and you can use whatever carts you want, but keep in mind you can't download updates or dlc for out of region games from the eshop so you'll have to download .cias for that. There is such a thing as region switching but it's so convoluted and half-functional it's not worth doing.

Were do I get LumA3DS and ReiNAND?

I use Luma3DS, but reiNAND is supposed to be better for emunand users.

to clarify it's an either/or situation, you don't need both.

if you want to take the emunand route you need the .dat, the reinand or luma3ds folder, and the 3ds folder with the .3dsx for each.

if you do arm9loaderhax, you just need arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma3ds/reinand folder.

I enjoyed hacking and sailing the seas more than the booty plundered.

you don't have to mess with sysnand if you're using Luma3DS it automatically patches TWL Firm so blocked flash carts can work fine (unless they have no header data like some really old-as-dirt ones in which case you can get a Slot-2 Launcher homebrew)

How do I adjust the numbered steps for part 3 if I'm going for ReiNAND?

setup is the same, just swap the words luma3ds for reinand and do the same thing. I don't think that ReiNAND has a select button config menu though.

OK, I'll try it tomorrow.

I just realized that Retroarch is broken on 11.0 because Nintendo "fixed" a ARM11 backdoor that was used by it, but it was "unfixed" by the latest commit of Luma3DS

The question is, how do I apply that fix to my 3DS? I cannot find a dev build with the fix applied

astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Not interested.

I just found them before seeing your post.
Thanks a lot anyways, user. Now I can play Castlevania Bloodlines in peace.

I've updated the OP, here's the pastebins

OP
pastebin.com/MdNPGLjy

Setup
pastebin.com/U7chccw9

I would recommend getting rid of the Old 3ds guide for retards at the bottom but I left it there just in case.

so I downgraded my 3DS to 9.2, but I can't get on HBL anymore. I tried browserhax again, but it closes everytime saying "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software in use, and then restart the system". I tried changing the theme but no dice. Any help?

Do I still use the same NTR link?

gbatemp.net/threads/a-small-thread-on-how-to-tell-if-you-got-an-incomplete-downgrade.408937/

changing the theme gets rid of themehax.

as for the browser, go to settings and initialize save data/clear save data or whatever it is, it's at the bottom of settings, then try again. browserhax can be really spotty, so remember to install themehax again when you get it working for the rest of the setup. It could also be what this user says:

if your 3ds crashed during the downgrade.

yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same for reinand.

Alright, this got it to work.
This whole process has been really sketchy, but what else can you really expect from hacking.

after you get done with homebrew stuff it gets a lot more solid. Homebrew is unstable by nature because the launcher is in ROP so it's a mess.

Just realized there's already a firmware.bin file in the rei folder

Also found a tutorial (though from 2015) saying reinand is N3DS only, but I have an O3DS. Is this just outdated?

yeah it's just outdated, reinand got updated and supports o3ds now.

So what do I do about the firmware.bin?

the ntr one might be a good idea still if you want to use ntr, I don't know what the one in the reinand at default is.

luma3ds doesn't require arm9loaderhax

Arm9LoaderHax is an entrypoint like using menuhax on boot or anything else

cakesfw is currently out of date because midkid is doing stuff

smea says ninjhax will be fixed by sunday.

I made a pasta going more into detail with a9lh

also emunand9/decrypt9 only work on 9.2 with the arm9 exploit unless you have arm9loaderhax in which case it loads before the system and so works with any firmware.

Thank you, user, you explained this better than I ever could have.

Any suggestions on what to do then?

just slap the ntr.bin in there and if it works you're cool.

Anyone got a link to a X/Y/ORAS randomized cia? I've been looking only to find dead links and .3ds files that dont want to convert

guide for retards doesn't explain how to get luma3DS working with ctrbootmanager, since it boots reinard by default.

The guide for retards is old as fuck.
I'm pretty sure you can just make an entry in CTRBootManager though.

in the bootcfg put this:

{
title = "Luma3DS";
path = "/Luma3DS.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
}

and copy the luma3ds.dat to your SD root, and the luma folder.

I can't get to my emunand after updating to 10.7. Well, I didn't have any problems immediately after because I was playing MH4u and having a blast, but my friend turned on my 3ds and dicked around with the camera and now I can't get to my emunand. it takes me to the sysnand but the background was turned to the blue theme somehow.

My sysnand is still 9.2, so it didn't update. Anyone have an idea?

if you changed the theme on your sysnand, themehax is broken. launch the homebrew launcher through the browser and reinstall it.

Or alternatively follow steps 4+ here and install A9LH and you can ditch emunand

I'm doing it, I'm actually installing A9LH. Fuck I'm shitting my pants.

Hi second me

I'll try that. Thanks.

it's really not that bad, I've done it to 5 3DS' now and not had any problems. I did my original o3ds before safesysupdater was a thing the day the 10.3 downgrade was out and it didn't get fucked, and my new 3ds crashed while downgrading to 9.2 but it still worked fine, I just had to run the downgrader again. The chances of bricking are really slim, especially with how straightforward otphelper has gotten. Just read the instructions and you'll be fine.

Also, don't panic if it doesn't boot the first time, you need to make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card, it loads that instead of the .dat that menuhax uses.

Also I recommend using the no-screen-init branch from here: gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller-payloads.419774/

if you use the default one in the guide your screen will flicker while booting, it just bothers me a little bit.

Mostly because it's out of date and doesn't have Arm9Loaderhax support as a result, but it's honestly fine if you have no interest in A9LH and have an O3DS; it still serves its purpose of gathering together an obscene amount of homebrew tools (ie dumping xorpads) in one place, and last I recall alternative CFWs like AuReinand are still catching up to it in sheer terms of the tools it brings together. Back up your emunand regularly in the event of a bad update like mentions and you're golden for its use.

What allocation size for SD card

64GB?

Decrypt9 and Emunand9 both match and outdo anything rx can do. The biggest problem with rx is that as the updates keep coming it's going to get more and more out of date. As of 11.0, svcbackdoor has been patched out which cuts off extra access that some homebrew needs. Luma3DS (formerly Aurei) already has it patched back in, or accessible by using an NTR firmware.bin. rxTools' team is gone to nobody knows, and one guy is carrying it on but it's so far behind by now it's gonna take a lot of work.
Also, to show how cool A9LH is here's a coldboot - 11 seconds with a 64 GB micro sd + a splash screen. To some people it might not be worth the effort, but I don't like the inconsistency of menuhax.

32k for =64.
yes. Decrypt9 will automatically format SD cards >=64GB 64k allocation, too.

Do I format the sysnand if I don't want a9lh?

yes, you have to format your sysnand if you don't want A9LH to unlink them, so you can use eshop on emunand and have themes seperate from sysnand.

I meant if I'm not going to use a9lh

Yes, if you're not using a9lh you have to make your emunand, and then format your sysnand. If you don't unlink them, if you change emunand themes it will break menuhax on your sysnand and you won't be able to access eshop on either.

And again if you just follow all the way through part 3 on the guide that should get you where you need to be with a split sysnand/emunand setup, step 4 and 5 are the extra stuff.

The guide says to make a rednand. Which should I do?

Downgraded and got my otp successfully. Restoring my Sys and Emunand now.

Unlink the emunand and sysnand.

Also, if you can read spanish, the Spanish guide is a lot better and straightforward. I used that one and zero issues.

すみません。 スペイン語がわからない。

rednand is another term for emunand for the purpose of that guide.

The program gives me options for both.

Okay, so upon formatting RedNAND those few times to unlink it from sysNAND, you're instructed to not log into your Nintendo ID network.

Does this literally mean not putting in your credentials whenever your asked for it, or does it mean not connecting to the internet at all (like if the system automatically logs you into your NNID somehow when you connect to an access point).

If you're at a part that needs internet acess then dont log into the Nintendo ID when you get asked
if you're at the part where you have to fprmat twice quickly dont bother putting anything.

And it never asked me during initialization of Luma3DS, so I assume I'm okay, but it confused me for a little bit.
if you're at the part where you have to fprmat twice quickly dont bother putting anything.
You mean NNID settings or internet settings?

So, is it safe to update my emunad to 11.0?

What I would like to know is why I can't access the gateway menu after a9lh. I'm assuming it's because of Luma loading patches at boot time but I don't know.

Backup your current emunand because you'll need it if you ever decide to upgrade to a9lh. 11.0 patched out downgrading.

Plailect's guide says you can do either that or put that firmware.bin file into the /luma/ folder.

What does this mean? Does it mean I turn my console off when I get the black screen and turn it back on without the SD card?

I guess I'm right, but it doesn't seem too terribly clear.

Well herp derp, just had to run Sysnand instead of emunand and change boot.3dsx to gate.3dsx. Need sleep now.

Correct.

RedNAND is the same thing as emunand, theyre just different on a minor technical level.

You can downgrade on 11.0 if you use a firmware.bin

Yeah, menuhax is still on the ad card despite 2.1 not having themes so you have to take it out before boot then put it back in after startup.

Got my codes for free darkrai's today, but when i tried to use the code i was told i gotta update. I'm still using rxtools (beta of 3.0) on my n3ds. And i don't really feel like setting up reinand and a9lh.
What are my options?

Also to anyone using a9lh and Luma3DS someone made a cia app to update puma for new versions or builds if you're using unstable.

Builds
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS

All you have to do to update manually with arm9loaderhax is to replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card with the new one, the .cia will do that for you then all you have to do is restart.

you can just swap rxTools for reinand or luma3ds, they both work with emunand. Just put in the Rei/Luma.dat and folder to your sd card, and copy the homebrew folder into the 3ds folder then delete your rxTools shit.

If i do this and it truly is that simple (which i guarantee it'll fuck up somehow) will it allow me to update emunand straight from the update button in the settings?

yes, you can update it. you can technically update with rxTools too, but it's better to switch while you're ahead.

Just to be perfectly clear i can update emunand to 11.0 on reinand just by clicking update?
It took me more than 24 hours to get rxtools to work, then to update it to a new version and get that version to work. I don't want to experience that again.

yes, just by going to system update in system settings.

rxTools is pretty fussy sometimes, it's got way more crap than any of these. If you need XORPADs or Nand dumping stuff pick up decrypt9/emunand9 and launch them when menuhax opens instead of using rxtools (they took the tools out anyways)

Is it actually necessary to delete rxtools? I'd prefer not to in case this goes awry.

You don't have to but once you get it set up and working I'd do it. It's just filler at that point. Emunand/decrypt 9 and rei/luma do everything and more than rx can do.

IT JUST FOOKING WERKS™

That was actually painless, thanks mate. I'm now on Rei 10.5.0-30U. I'll go on and update emunand to 11.0 now

I already have both emunand9 and decyrpt9 so i guess I'll go ahead and delete rxtools.

"An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted."

Shoot me.

Reinand did that with me too, it still updated fine, I'm using the NAND I updated with rei on my n3ds and it works fine.

And to prove it if you load Luma3DS and try to update it'll tell you you're on the latest version.

It does that at the beginning of the update download. it shows that my emunand is still on 10.5

That can't be the case for me because it gives me the error immediately after the update screen pops up.

I forgot i had the tubehax DNS i took it off and its currently downloading the update.

And it gave me the error again once i posted that. It got less than halfway thru the update but it says that its on 11.0 now.

Lets see how it goes.

If rei still refuses then just use Luma3DS I only used rei for a little, Luma3DS has never given me update problems.

It seems to be fine but It won't let me download updates for games. Is this a known issue and will luma let me download them?

You can't download updates for out of region stuff. If it's in region you should be able to and you might want to try Luma instead.

I don't know a whole lot about Reinand.

And for out of region games you can just get update cias from 3dsiso or 3dschaos.

It won't let me download updates for a same-region cartridge or cia of any region. It attempts to connect to the eshop servers and then gives an error and a visual glitch appears on the bottom screen for a second or so.

That's pretty weird, try Luma3DS and if it still doesn't work you can restore and emunand backup and try updating again.

Not too sure how to set luma up, seems to be quite a bit more complicated than drag and drop.

It's the same as reinand for menuhax but a lot of people use it with a9lh so you'll see it referenced a lot that way, that's why it sounds complex. It's the same as all the others. As a matter of fact it's a fork of reinand that just went in a different direction.

I'm wrapping everything up soon so I'll just say, build the skylounge to level 3 to finish up the dates and get the best weapons. You have to do every single sidequest to call Chika and Rika individually and get the ultimate swords (single blade + dual blades).

If I've had any grievances at all with this game it's with that one fucking dragon that uses a seemingly unavoidable attack-all instant kill spell. Buy three Death Guards the second they're available, they only work 50% of the time but eventually RNG will be in your favor. Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

It has payloads, pathchangers and tons of other shit. It doesn't even have a readme drag and drop didn't work. Told me my launcher needs to be at :/Luma.3DS.dat and i don't have one.
I'm too tired for this shit.

Payloads and pathchangers are both for a9lh. Path changers are for ctrbootmanager9 and payloads are arm9loader .bin files for stuff like decrypt9. The menuhax setup is the same as any other, copy the Luma3DS folder, the .dat to your SD card, and the 3ds homebrew folder.

You can get everything you need for menuhax setup in releases here

This guy's working on a new open source eshop variant. If I understand correctly, it looks like it'll let you download any game from the eshop, even out-of-region games.

I just used SafeA9LHInstaller to put A9LH on my machine. Then the guide tells you to to reboot the 3DS into Luma3DS by pressing select.

However, I pressed down on the D-pad by mistake. I got a brief flash of what I think was SafeA9LHInstaller before the screen went black. Is it safe to reboot my 3DS and try again?

Is this legal? Shit looks cash.

Nevermind, I found the answer.

Luma gave me a different but similar error. When i clicked update it didn't even get a chance to sign into the eshop like on reinand. It gave me a similar visual glitch in the same area as reinand but it was just a slight distortion unlike the larger multicolored distortion of reinand.

I googled the error i got (error code 022-2634) seems to be a nnid/nand issue. Apparently i can just log into the eshop on sysnand to fix it but I'm skeptical.

Im pretty sure that's the NAND linking error. If all else fails you might want to try downgrading with safesysupdater on emunand and try updating with Luma3DS.

So i should try to log in on sysnand first? I don't remember all i did after i unlinked my nands, but my account name and whatnot appear on emunand when it attempts to log me into the ehsop.

Apparently there's an Atelier game.

I honestly can't say, it's been fucking forever since I've used emunand.

Having trouble with the 2.1 downgrade. It keeps giving me the "power off" error and failing.

I restore the emunand, reformat, and start again….but everytime it dies on the downgrade (21 times in a row so far).

Any ideas?

Would I be out of line asking for .cias? Do people even dump .cias for Japan-exclusive games?

Rarely if it doesn't have a big following.
Either way i know this ones uploaded somewhere since i have it installed.

ANY GAME, or any game with its titlekey dumped. If its the former i'm going to be happy

Actually, I think I found it, but it's on some seedy download site I found through 3dsiso. Dare I proceed?

pretty sure its on 3dsiso. maybe in the giant list in one of stickys

IIRC both of my N3DS and 2ds are down to 9.2 or whatever, but I never got it to able to get the CIA's running correctly if I got the emuNAND right.

Are the saves from all my games gone forever?

When doing the downgrade have you restarted for perfect text? If the text isn't displayed perfectly it will not work properly.

you can back them up easily.

Meant for

I have a Japanese N3DS, limited moon reading capacity and no prior knowledge of the 3DS interface, how fucked am I for installing CFW?

All you need is to get to the web browser, internet connection settings, and finding your firmware. You won't have to interact much with your jap 3DS, it's mostly on your computer or in homebrew menus.

that sounds manageable, thanks. It's still in the box so I'm guessing the firmware can't be any higher than 10.4.

One important thing to remember is that you will need to delete a specific file, because your 3DS is Japanese. Pay special attention to that when reading guides on setting it up and delete that file or it will brick your 3DS.

Ok so I did a bit of research and ended up with this set of instructions. The problem is i don't want to have to transfer 30gbs of games back to the sd card once i format it.
I just want to confirm that there is no way around this because with my shitty pc it will take about 2 days to transfer that amount of data, not including making a backup of the sd card which will likely take another 2 days.

1.Backup emuNAND
2.Backup full contents of SD (make sure to copy the emunand backup off)
3.System format the emuNAND
4.Reboot into clean emuNAND
5.Configure NNID link
6.Copy SD contents back onto card
7.Restore emuNAND backup
8.Reboot and enjoy functional NNID/eSHOP

Did anyone save that screencap for 11.x status? It'd be good to add to the OP. Or at least the gist of it.

Wonder if they'll ever patch out that bootloader bug, the one that A9LH depends on for payload injection. At least it's not possible to do for existing 3DSes.

Enjoy the doki doki!

You haven't bricked 4 other ones I hope.

Bad downgrade file, bad emuNAND, or wonky SD card perhaps? Also I'm fairly sure the emuNAND downgrade has to be from a particular version.

All I need is a simple yes or no. Is it okay to upgrade my emunand to 11.0?

I'm using Cakes and I updated my Emunand to 11.0 and everything works fine.

Another simple question. To update to a newer version of reinand do I just copy the new version's files onto my SD card or do I need to reinstall shit?

I just thought of another thing, if i need to do the format then when i make the sd card backup can i just grab the saves? If i can where would i find them?

Yes on reinand your are free to upgrade.

You should be able to just drop in the newer files.

plaisysupdater doesn't do that (at least in my experience, that's an original sysupdater thing.

as for this, that's a weird problem, have you ever formatted your emunand with Gateway before? I recall that being a problem mentioned, but other than that it could be a number of things, faulty downgrade, etc.

if you use JK's Save Manager gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

you can back them up and delete your games first if you want, then reinstall.

they all 5 work fine.

just copy.

fixed your image

I completely forgot JK's Save Manager is a thing, the new version is much better than when i last used it months ago.
Thanks mate you saved me a crap ton of time!
Now should i just delete the DCIM folder that has all the games or should i delete them on the 3ds itself? I'm not sure if it would be completely safe to delete the entire folder, but I'm just being a paranoid fuck.

Whoops not the DCIM folder but the Nintendo 3DS folder.

I think it results in the same thing, the tickets are still there. I would still say delete them through system settings but, whatever floats your boat.

Yeah, it's safe.

Been away from those threads for a while,what news there are?
I have an original 3DS,AuReiNAND 10.6 + al9h.

AuReiNand changed it's name to luma3ds, and 11.0 is out, you can update your sysnand since you've got a9lh installed already. Luma3DS is on 5.4 right now.

and you can install a .cia updater here:

which just updated itself very recently and can tell you what the newest version is.

Thank you user but it seems i'm having a problem.The 3Ds seems to not start up anymore:blue light is on but the screen is black.

did you copy the luma3ds folder to your sd card?

you have to have an arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card or it won't boot.

Hold select and tell me what options you have checked, if it's there.

Also you can delete the twl_firm and agb_firm bins from the luma3ds folder, they pull that from NAND on boot now.

That i did it,but i think it's something completely unrelated to the hack since the PC wasn't reading the SD card and i had to format it.It isn't starting up even without the SD, just a blue light and black screen.

well if your SD card is fucked there's not much you can do about that. Try using h2testw to check it, or do a slow format, or some shit.

I formatted it again without problem, could it be that Windows wasn't reading it.
I tried another SD card and it's the same result,blue light for a few seconds with the SD card in it,fixed blue light without SD card in it.

again, make sure that the arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma3ds folder are on the sd card, if it reads the sd card and can't find it it'll shut down.

if it's happening with multiple sd cards, then it may be a hardware issue but I can't say. You could always try reinand.

Is there a way to replace a CFW with another without fucking all up?
i've got rxtools on a n3ds and want to change it to reinand

just go to releases and copy the .dat and rei folder to your SD, as well as the homebrew folder into the /3ds folder.

I've used reinand a total of one time and it gave me an error on updating my emunand (at the end) but it seemed to work fine, the update went through ok at least.

I'll look into different versions and try a different SD.

My current setup works great with zero problems (I used the browser to mod, downgraded to 9.2, installed RXtools and FBI).
Everything works and plays fine….even the downgrade runs smoothly until the very end where it dies and I have to restore.

Note: my emunand is RX9.2 as well….could that be the problem?

I had to format,i don't have anything else on it now.I was bound to do the hack process all over again.

For what i'm finding with google it could be.I'm charging it up now and then i'll see what i can do.Warranty is probably expired.

you should probably update your emunand, but if you're using rxTools you can't downgrade your emunand after you take it up to 11 (I don't think it lets you use NTR or anything), so you might have to switch to rei/luma3ds to downgrade it to 2.1.

Arm9LoaderHax is installed to FIRM1 on your 3ds, you won't have to start over, you just have to install things again.

If you send it in to nintendo though, you'd better hope they just send you a new 3ds, because after the update to 11.0 you have to do a hardmod for downgrades.

I was thinking about that. I will try that route first instead.
thanks

yeah no problem but remember when you switch to that you have to get the ntr firmware.bin and use it to downgrade 11.0.

You can get all the details and links to the files you need here

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

You can kinda actually do this right now.
With the latest FBI, you can put a QR code you get from a program called Shameless

github.com/HouseBreaker/Shameless

It will then download and install the .cia at the same time.

So, I stayed away from homebrew up until now, mostly because I couldn't even downgrade or do anything, but that apparently is an option now.

But I want to play MH Generations online when it comes out. If I do this is there any chance of getting fucked when accessing the online later, or not being able to access it at all?

After you downgrade you get an emunand you can update to the latest version. All games work online fine.

Wow Thank you user,shit is working again now.
Only i'm a bit lost trying to following the Plailect guide.
I'm following the part 5: i followed the first part until i got to the emunand_orginal part, i don't have anything of that kind since i used Plialect guide but for the AuReiNAND and i didn't install the RedNAND.

if you're back on 9.2 from the otp and you have a9lh installed, then you can just install that then update, if you're on 2.1 shit is serious.

Either way you're gonna have to do some weird shit with your NNID if it's not working already right now.

My autism is not all powerful,but strong enough i saved most of the firmware,sysnand and emunand bin, and the OTP rom the several steps.
I'm on 9.2 right now,when i booted for the first time after following section 1 of part 5 i went directly on the Luma 3DS menu,set up for the sysnand as it said:

yeah those are all the settings you need for it. Do you still have your emunand on your SD card (at 10.7/11)?

The point is, you have to take the emunand you were using before and put it on your sysnand so that you can completely ditch emunand and coldboot into CFW on sysnand. You have to restore your emunand.bin to the sysnand.

Yes i have the emunand i was currently using,the one at 10.6
So i should put that on the SD and follow with the guide?The section "Section IV - Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND" of part 5?

Yeah, copy your old emunand to the SD then follow the instructions there, that's the one you want to use.

To clarify go into decrypt9 or emunand9 then emunand options, then clone emunand to emunand.bin

And then go to sysnand options, and restore sysnand [keep a9lh] with your emunand.bin

Remember that pic of a 3DS in a debug menu and it had an Add Funds button? It was on Twitter.

What came of that? I'm getting sick of searching for DLC CIAs.

FBI only? As in not DevMenu?

Fuck I knew I'd regret not installing FBI.

that was probably bullshit, but you can still download .tiks and install those using newer FBI versions, then download stuff from eshop.

As for DLC and shit, try this:
3ds.titlekeys.com/

if you get CDN-FX
gbatemp.net/threads/release-cdn-fx-the-ultimate-eshop-content-downloader.414004/

you can download the enctitlekeys.bin file from that site and use it to download games and dlc direct from nintendo's servers.

If you have devmenu just install the FBI .cia with it.

github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Still no way to play NDS roms?

no. Flash carts are cheap as fuck, so there's no reason for anyone to bother.

If you want cheap, buy an r4i sdhc for $10
if you want good, buy an r4i rts gold for $20.

They aren't sold on my country, and the ones that are imported here are expensive as fuck.

where do you even live, fucking nigeria

also if you're using an injected app with H&S still it's a good idea to install devmenu with it's cia individually too.

Venezuela

Yeah I injected DevMenu, installed the CIA for it, and thought I was hot shit for skipping s step.

well nothing is stopping you from installing an FBI .cia.

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=3ds sdhc -8gb -16gb -32gb&_udlo=8&_sop=15&_udhi=40&_mPrRngCbx=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X3ds sdhc -4gb -8gb -16gb -32gb.TRS0&_nkw=3ds sdhc -4gb -8gb -16gb -32gb&_sacat=0&rmvSB=true

There's the cheapo one on ebay, if you can get one of those go for it, just keep in mind you need to fiddle with them a bit because they have a timer that bricks the cart after a year.

get the firmware stuff here in the r4i-sdhc folder
gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

and then put this .dat on
mega.nz/#!5g9XTThY!tMh-E5WSrNGAACdXLQnKae4DgYmASzd5FQgouanVnLM

I got an r4i gold rts r4ids.cn card from modchipsdirect.com because they're actually based in america, they flat rate $5 in the states, I don't know how their international shipping is.

nds-card.com is usually a popular choice too, they sponsor gbatemp.

Poor soul, you don't know how the country works, but thanks for trying.
mises.org/library/venezuelas-bizarre-system-exchange-rates

Get both FBI and DevMenu.

yeah I'm not up on bean problems.

Also I made a quick toolkit of basic .cia necessities

mega.nz/#!I89TDIDb!K7AFSVyu3WMoKG6A8RSWaAPEyEK6EhzRYlsLT4QxsHQ

Includes CHMM2 for custom themes, CTRXplorer for simple SD management, Devmenu/FBI for cias (with latest devmenu leak), FTP-GMX for simple file transfers, hblauncher_loader for homebrew from home screen, JKSM/SaveDataFiler for save management, Star Updater for updating Luma3DS, and TWLSaveTool for managing saves on NDS Carts. I also have a .txt file with links for everything and version numbers so people can update in the future when stuff goes out of date.

So is it safe to update emuNAND to the most recent update?
Or should I back my shit up beforehand

yes it's safe. it's a good idea to make a nand backup beforehand but you don't really need to.

Never saw the need for it. Official theme .cia is the way to go, specially the Rootytops one. Other than that, nice compilation.

Always back your shit, but as far as I'm aware is always safe to update emuNAND.

if you want a custom theme like you can get at 3dsthem.es you can, I like a lot of custom themes better than the official ones. There's a lot of shit, but there's also a lot of cool stuff too. This is the one I've been using the most

3dsthem.es/1223

There's a lot of other cool ones too
3dsthem.es/4518
3dsthem.es/4497
3dsthem.es/4483

but yes, you do have to wade through a bunch of tumblrtale and eceleb shit to get to them.

also themes are weird like DLC where they'll get deleted sometimes when you go in the eshop, chmm2 bypasses that, even if the guy who makes it is a massive faggot.

If i want to play games/dlc in japanese should i check the enable region/language emulation in luma?OR there is better/different ways?

luma works good for that, but you can also use NTR Language emulation if you want to.

I'll use/try luma then.user you are a real hero an a real human bean,all the help you gave is fucking great.I hope this little offer of lewds can be at least a little thank you for the help.

I dunno what I did wrong, but for some reason I only have one GUID folder on my SD card… which I think means I only have emuNAND on there. I'm getting this weirdness where if I boot sysNAND fully, it re-gift wraps my emuNAND installs in the menu…

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Are your nands linked?
If you're getting stuff on sysnand that you've installed on emunand I think that you're either using linked nands or something else is fucked.

I don't know what you mean by only one guid folder in the sd card, though.

if your nands are linked read some more on ehit: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

you have to format your sysnand and log into the nnid again on emunand.

no problem user, this 3ds shit is fun for me just like the psp back in the day.

The things that shows up in both sysNAND and emuNAND are my eShop purchases that I re-installed from .CIA

The first time I did this I somehow had two GUID folders inside the /root/Nintendo 3ds/ folder. When it was like that the installs would stay unwrapped, and I don't recall my eShop purchases showing back up in sysNAND…

that sounds like a case of linked nands, follow the steps to format sysnand so you only have your nnid on emunand.

I get what you mean, but I don't really know what that would have to do with it.

i'm using MSET 4.x
with Rxtools Emunand is there any way to change to luma3ds

Follow the 9.2 update instructions to update your sysnand and then follow step 2 to set up menuhax to launch on boot and get the luma3ds .dat, /luma3ds folder, and /3ds/ homebrew application.

not step 2 step 3

just get into homebrew launcher once through the browser, install menuhax, and then set it to launch on boot and do all that shit. If you want to go all the way and have updated sysnand on 11.0 with arm9loaderhax follow the guide through steps 4+5.

I just finished the 5th step but I noticed nothing was gone from the system format. Do i really need to do steps 6 and 7, because it seems totally functional?

If you already have emunand no you don't have to do all that stuff.

Why would those steps even exist then? I have to be missing something right?

On part 3 the steps are there in case you never set up emunand before, unless I'm misreading what you're saying.

Sorry that i realize that list doesn't have much context. That list is to fix nnid/nand issues and that specific one was for those who formatted sysnand instead of emunand during the initial homebrewing process. The goal is to be able to connect to the eshop again, which i can do now.
I did actually find the difference between the two, the things that were deleted were the games, saves, and all the shit on the system. I manually deleted all the games before the format because my pc a shit and it would take far too long to transfer all the data, and because of that the difference wasn't so apparent.

I'm actually still not sure what what the point of restoring the emunand backup is. Restoring the Nintendo 3DS folder is much more obvious. The emunand currently being used seems to be exactly how it was before the system format.

nand holds your friend list, nnid, system apps, and more. you need to restore your nand to get all that the same as it was before.

Does Uncart remove or otherwise affect the data that is on the cart itself? Or does the game on the cart still remain playable using the cart after you've dumped the files off of it?

Uncart just makes a copy so the cart will still be fine - the rom is burned on a read only chip, you can't delete it besides breaking it.

mtheall.com seems to be down. i can't install menuhax because apparently it uses HTTP to download a ropbin input payload.

anyone know a work-around to get menuhax installed? or is mtheall.com only temporarily down?

Okay, so what's the best way to convert roms into .cias? I already have a9lh installed properly (if it wasn't already apparent), so I can use basically whatever.

You have to get xorpads and shit from decrypt9 I've never really done anything with it because it's so convoluted and it's just easier for me to get a .cia off the Internet.

One more question: Do the .cias installed show up on a specific slot on the home menu that I need to make sure is empty? Because I remember reading something about it somewhere (the game installs in the top right corner slot or something), but I can't find anything to confirm it. I don't want to proceed and accidentally fuck up one of my other installs.

Thank you for your help.

So after backing up my emuNAND, can I update it from the system menu, or is there something else I need to do?

No when you install cias it just fills the first empty slot it finds and then you can unwrap it like you bought it on the eshop and then just move it around wherever.

Yeah you can update your emunand from the system settings. If it works, you can go ahead and delete your old backup but it's a good idea to keep at least one just in case.

scared to try arm9loaderhax right at this moment but i'm stuck trying to reinstall menuhax and that mtheall.com site is down…

I tried getting and renaming the otherapp and ropbin files from smealums homebrew launcher page, but even though it looks like its going to work the menuhax homebrew stalls trying to get an input payload from mtheall.com via HTTP

Yeah yellows8's server is down, all the wii u people are butt hurt because the dns for blocking wii u updates is fucked.

The only real solution for that is to wait. It'll be fixed within an hour or two, presumably.

How do I update while in emunand, I'm on 9.2 and can't seem to play the new Kirby game. Is it even safe to update in emunand?

thx for the info, user. i'll just get comfy and binge some talmudvision until then or my balls drop and provide me the bravery to into arm9loaderhax

Do it ONLY through the System Settings.

Yes, but I've read that if you are using rxTools that if you go to 11 some stuff gets b0rked.

FWIW, I am not sure if using physical cart between 9.2 and 11 is a safe update path.

What? Explain. I'm on RxTools and everything's fine.

Too much stuff I don't fully understand yet to explain so the easiest way to put it is that rxTools is severely outdated, has a later entry point, is much slower, and if you update the emuNAND too far aparently stuff starts to not work (homebrew? i dunno).

Everything I've read on the current events suggests that arm9loaderhax is superior in almost every aspect.

I should switch, then. But I'm too dumb and lazy to do so.

iirc, emuNAND tool was kinda weird and you needed to use different versions to extract and inject your emuNANDs. You guys remember which versions you need to use for which?

1.3 to extract and 1.1 to inject. It's a bug in 1.2 and 1.3 that prevents you from injecting, you can use 1.1 to extract too, I think.

Is it easy to switch to arm9 from RxTools.

So I'm on 9.2 and with RxTools. If I update while in emunand would it go straight to 11 and there's a chance of it messing up?
I just want to play the new Kirby

No idea yet. Right now I'm waiting for yellow8s site to come back online so I can reinstall menuhax.

If it's not up before I go to bed, and wake up… I will see if I can I use rxTools -> homebrew launcher to get arm9loaderhax installed.

I'm hesitant to start the process without menuhax because I think I might have to scrap the emuNAND in favor of the redNAND used with a9lhx…

With a9lh installed, am I free to change my 3DS theme as normal?

Now that I have a9lh installed, it doesn't look like I have much need for menuhax anymore, but I might as well ask anyways.

Yes you can switch your themes as normal, you can't with menuhax because it's dependent on themes to work, but arm9loaderhax starts before boot so you can basically do whatever you want as long as you don't hardbrick (which is pretty hard to do).

Arm9 isn't a cfw, arm9 is an entrypoint like menuhax. For cfw, you'll want to switch to reinand or Luma3DS which are both good options. If you want to continue an emunand setup then go for it, but if you have the time it's worth doing the arm9 setup because the boot rate is 100% and is much much shorter, it's basically like booting a stock 3ds but you have cfw.

For a guide follow this

Steps 4+5 detail the process needed to get a9lh installed. If you already have an emunand setup you can swap for luma3ds/rei by copying their .dat, named folder, and /3ds/ homebrew folder to tour SD.

The reason rxtools is so out of date is because the last nightly came out like 4 months or 5 months ago now. The tools it has (or had, for the last few versions they completely removed them) have been matched and exceeded by decrypt9 and emunand9. It's missing features like a9lh support, agb patching for gba games, twl patching for unblocking old r4 carts, clock patching to run o3ds games with the new 3ds extra speed, or firm0/firm1 protection to stop updates from bricking your NAND.

Pretty much all cfw support these now. Even cakes, when is starting to get behind because the guy isn't working on it supports most.

New gateway shit coming, arm9loaderhax support but pretty late.

We'll see if anything interesting comes of it but for right now I'm not really holding my breath for too much. I feel bad for people who cucked themselves spending $80 on a flash cart that only works where cfw would anyways.

noob question: can I hack my 2DS in this way?

So? That stuff is old hat with modern CFWs, plus they'll probably do a proprietary A9LH version like the faggots they are.

Honestly I'm not really concerned with what they do so much as if some of the tools they make have a fresh idea or two that can be implemented into an open source alternative. Making a9lh setup easier only helps.

Yes but not if you're on firmware 11.0
Here's a guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

shot thanks man

AtelierCunt?

I don't give a fuck about a9lh. I don't even turn off my 3ds.

Don't use it then. Why do you need to post about it?

Why do faggots talk with a fake lisp? So you know they are faggots.

cause fuck you that's why

So don't update to latest version while on emunand 9.2 or it'll mess your shit up, or is it safe?

Why would anyone ever willingly do something like this? I'm somehow always amazed at just how dense people can get.

no, you can update to the latest version if you're on emunand. you only need to stay 9.2 on sysnand.

you can update your emunand all you please, just don't update sysnand.

you're just filling the thread with worthless shit, stop posting any time.

The biggest deal about gateway is that they started the ball rolling for the CFW scene but now they're getting outpaced really fucking fast. Some people are trying to justify their purchase by shitting on CFW, but it's a fruitless endeavor. The main thing that gateway can do is provide new ideas and tools that cfw people can integrate in better ways. Personally I'm excited to see how the a9lh tool they're providing is going to work, they can't have it as convoluted as it already is since they have to deal with customer service for that shit.

Or getting the OTP off the system, what with that slight brick chance and whatnot.

BITCH, SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP!

Wow, somebody needs a nap.

nigga shut the fuck up, you aint nothin but a fucking whore. stop your blabbering you filthy slut. i swear ill fuck your ass up

you're a real internet tough guy aren't you.

yeah, it should be interesting to see what happens. You can't pull OTP from emunand because the registers get locked before you can get an emunand loaded, so they're going to have to have a way to downgrade sysnand, dump the file for the user, and bring it back while keeping them from bricking.

The last time gateway had a bricking problem, they got fucking smeared and they're still getting flak for it, so they're going to have to have something relatively bullet proof.

BITCH, DIDN'T I JUST TOLD YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP YOUR WHORE MOUTH?

Aye yo somebody stop me before I ram my dick in this pussy's mouth. Fucking little punk ass loudmouthed hoe

Alright, thanks

I'm having some trouble with this.

I went to 3ds.titlekeys.com/ , clicked "Download only titles without encrypted title keys", and used that file in CDN-FX. I used this to download a .cia of みんなで まもって騎士 姫のトキメキらぷそでぃ (Title ID 0004000000139c00). However, when I tried to install this .cia on my 3DS using FBI, it always failed. I also tried installing it using DevMenu, but same problem.

I tried instead using CDN-FX to download a .tik for this game, and then used FBI to download and install the .cia from Nintendo's servers. The installation failed at the same part.

Has anyone been able to install this game? I wonder if the problem is because it doesn't have an Encrypted Title Key on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ , or maybe because it's a JPN region game.

I'd be very surprised if they manage something easier given the OTP requirement. But you never know, maybe Nintendo did a Sony-tier fuckup.

There was a time they were the only option for 3DS game pirating. Nowadays though I'm only using the blue card to play DS games it's reasonably compatible the only game I've tried that doesn't work is NSMB.

when plaicdn came out it used decrypted title keys so you might have luck with that, but as far as I know you can't use decrypted title keys for cdn-fx or with .tiks.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Do you have any idea why this game wouldn't have an encrypted title key listed?

the titlekey website gets it's keys from title key.bins people upload, someone put the decrypted up when it first started and then never followed up with the encrypted after funkeycia. At least that's my guess.

The current firmware of a DS flash card is irrelevant to me, as long as I'm on one of the compatible former firmwares, right?

I've been barely using my 3DS since I put homebrew on it. I'm still on 9.2 but I don't really care cause all I'm playing is Picross.

Is it just me or are duelist and fortuners kinda shitty late game? im at the shadow realm and just took them off my party cause they were delaying my unison atacks too much and their skill arent even good

Is it safe to update emunand to 11.0?

Couldn't go online on Pokemon anymore suddenly. It Asks me to update.

Using rxtools here and none of that a9lh

Yes, you can update your emunand, but you should switch off of rx to rei or Luma. Read some of the posts from earlier.

So, installing DLC .cias works like installing full games, right? Just inject them with FBI and you're good to go?

Yes.

yes, but if you own any dlc already for that game all the new stuff will be deleted when you open the eshop.

At least, that's the guess, but no one really knows why some dlc does or doesn't get it.

Will I be able to play DS roms with homebrew?

no. buy a flash cart.

Thanks. Here's another question is Gateway the only flashcart that can brick my 3ds or are there others I should worry about?

gateway is the only one that makes any real changes to the system (other than the r4i gold/supercard ds2+ which both just emulate gateway anyways). If you're using a DS Cart, there's 0 possibility.

Do I need to worry about firmware spoofing/cryptofixing if I'm running a9lh on latest firmware?

you don't need to worry about it, that was for when n3ds emunand only went up to 9.6.

cryptofixing is needed on some games still, but if a game doesn't launch and sits forever at the nintendo 3ds screen, you just have to visit it's eshop page to fix it.

That worked! I got the game now.

Thank you very much!

My secondary party is mainly keeping me alive in the shadow realm and it's composed of Rune Knight, Agent, and Duelist. Combine both Duelist and Agent's traps and constant Substitute with Rune Knight and there's quite a bit of damage dealt from just reactions. Sometimes My Turn! activates lengthening RN's defensive capabilities by an extra turn and depending on his HP go for Brave/Vengeful/Drain.

Fortuner was my main squeeze for main game but that's due to being a sucker for buffs. He's really squishy to keep around at the moment. I don't even use the unison attacks, jesus they're overpowered.

RXtools is working fine on my O3DS. I'm using Reinand on my N3DS though.

Are there any downsides on Rxtools?

Alright, I think I just installed a9lh, and I think it worked. Is there a final check to be sure everything's installed correctly or am I a fucking idiot?

It's perfectly safe to update emunand to 11.0 FW right? Do I need to update reinand along with it?

Answered my own questions. Yes and no but I did it anyway.

You should be able to tell if a9lh is installed correctly by if the 3ds boots or not with arm9loaderhax.bin. Also get rid of all your menuhax shit.

Complete newfag at 3DS hacking here, on firmware 6.something
Trying to use this github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update to update to 9.2, but on step 8 (the browser exploit) the browser just crashes and gives an error instead of booting into Decrypt9. Already tried redoing the steps. Anyone have a better suggestion than retrying that again?

Double check all your files, clear browser data in the browser settings and then try again. It can take a bunch of tries. I was working on one with 5.x and it didn't work until I put my Pokemon y cart in and updated it to 6.x that way. Some carts dont have browsers in their update though so be careful if you want to try that. If you have smash on cart, the first Rev cart has 9.2.

Deleting browser data made it work right away. I remember reading that a few times when researching before, should've occured to me now but I guess I'm retarded. Thanks user.

reminder that this is the new OP

finally got it to all work out…even with Re/Luma it wouldn't downgrade to 2.1
what finally worked was this that I found on gbatemp:
ataber.pw/downgrade.html

worked first time for me on 9.2…hope it helps someone

one last annoying question…..

now that I have Arm9LoaderHax done and Luna loads on boot can I update to system 11 or do I have to keep it on 9.2

What N3DS exclusive games are worth playing? My N3DSXL is my goy system, but I have an O3DS readily available to downgrade.

I followed the directions for 10.xxxx and got the browserhax working, but when I tried to install menuhax it kept saying it failed to extract.

You can update it.

I've berm playing a lot of super Nintendo vc, I don't know about exclusives but you can run o3ds games with n3ds clock speed with Luma, it can help some pretty decently.

Is there any way to use out-of-region download codes aside from some convoluted region change fuckery? I just want to play the Culdcept Revolt demo, but the only way is through the My Nintendo promo it seems.