Please explain

Holy shit. What is this cancerous bullshit? Can someone give me one good reason they did this? Anything?

Because I really feel like uninstalling everything Steam and buying Overwatch, doesn't care if this makes me look like a shill now. How did Valve become so fucking awful? They already completely ruined the Heavy with the GRU change, can't count to 3 and now do shit like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

scrap.tf/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you purposefully shoot your own thread in the foot like this, you fucking dipshit?

>>>/reddit/ and stay there

A bit late to the party, huh

yeah, it's hilarious how tf2 ruined its balance by making all these alt weapons, making itself a trading based game and then they rolled out authenticators since by their logic everyone has to suffer because some people are mentally handicapped and fall for the "hey buddy im valve employeeXD pls gib pass and credit card info" scam. i refuse to install the shitty authenticator so i can't use the steam market or trade anymore which basically means i can't really play tf2. haven't bough a game on steam since they rolled out the update. it's back to piracy and retailers for me.

you know you'll just grow bored of it in 2 weeks, right? it's got some fun mechanics but overall it's a shallow game that will grow stale very fast.

The source engine seems to have a problem with hardware scaling. So that high end hardware ends up getting mediocre FPS values. (something like 220, when old hardware could easily max out the 300 fps cap) I know the engine is more CPU intensive but performance is still lower than 2007 tier hardware.

Does anyone have any more info, google is really bad now. I only learned that the geforce 900 series has a bug that makes DX9 games unplayable.

That's not TF2's fault, actually, that's the fault of the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator. Valve's supposed method of securing trades and accounts, likely it's actually just to try and decrease the amount of hackers by making trading and getting into official comp/matchmaking a pain in the ass.

You can use this as a desktop-based method to get around it. If you don't have a mobile phone to receive an SMS message, you can get a throwaway phone-number using that Bluestacks droid emulator. www.winauth.com

Also, once you get your trades in order, you can just use bots to get shit quickly and easily. Trade spare weapons or a couple scrap metal to get what you want in a jiffy. scrap.tf/

You're playing TF2, and not TF2C with the rest of us

Some guys got scammed out of virtual crap worth a lot of money to people, so now to stop shit like that, there's tracking on each trade and item.

I dropped TF2 after I realized I was just playing Pyro and Medic over and over, and not really learning anything new on any maps. My aim went to shit eventually and now I just don't feel like practicing anymore. I probably need to get a ton of new weapons for each class to keep up at this point to be competitive, and it never feels like there's any meaningful map changes made to the game anymore. Servers usually end up just running the same 3 maps anyway because nobody wants to play anything else.

TF2C's dead, mate.

There's your problem. Only thing that needs setting up is a private server.

What happened? I told them way back ago that TF2C was going to fail big time. Did they get banned for le hate speech, or people were just not interested in the mod?

So what shit games do you play, retard?

Kill yourself and stop posting in my thread. Order is up to you.

There always was tracking on non-commodity items. Hats had an internal list of the last 10 owners or something. You could verify that your favorite cancerous celebrity owned it at one point.

Why would I grow bored of it when TF2 entertained me for years with less characters, less (good) maps and less mechanics?

So, what should I to actually be able to trade? When I want to trade, the window just tells me something about 15 days hold but it doesn't tell me what to do.

Fuck, hope Gabe finally gets killed by all his disgusting fat.

Also; is there actually some Jewing behind it? Do they make any money with it? Do I have to pay some cents with my mobile phone?

I didn't bother going to that mod because

Ignorance is bliss, until the truth rapes you.

It's the older games that have better(fairer) netcode.
New games "make everyone equal" in other words, give the advantage to the select few players who have the "correct" connection and shit on everyone else. Even the orange box updates fucking ruined most valve games including pretty much every aspect of CSS including the netcode.

play quake 3(the original, NOT live) and that shit will be so tight you'll cream yourself.

I'd love to hear what Valve was supposed to do with TF2 and what your solution would've been. This is a 10 year old game that is somehow still not dead.

Found the kid

Why do you have to trade a FaN? Where is your Achievement one?

Also how fucking retarded are you you actually get killed by FaN scouts?

TF2 has technical depth to movement and aiming

i didn't mean to post a reply to you; you were just the last post ITT

There were much better deathmatch games back then.

I remember the server(s) banning furfags and other degenerates and causing butthurt among steam.

What do you mean?

what

Retards got ripped off hard, qq too much and valve put a hold on every trade unless you confirm it via smartphone. That's verion one.
Version two: valve crave for your personal data so they enforce their shitty android client to confirm trades.

tf2=/=overwatch

I think there should be a mode where, you know, the semi realistic guns like the pistol, smg, Panic Attack and stuff stay in there and sci fi shit like the Pomson get removed.

confirmed for not actually having played the game

You better stop now boy, you're making a fool of yourself

Version one.
Valve have been adding layers upon layers of bullshit for years because 10-year-old retards kept getting scammed.

Strawman harder faggot.

OP doesn't own threads. He's only the creator.

You, sir, are the faggot.

Nice buzzwords, got any more you heard in this first week you spend here?

oh, and I'm sure they'll keep getting scammed. No amount of bubble wrap will stop a kid from choking on a lego.

Nice one

TF2 went to shit as soon as they added the first weapon set.

And that's why you have the option to play without weapon sets on PC

Why keep it alive?

You wouldn't want the same done to Quake. Would you?

I never played TF2C but Mod's creators immediately lost focus of the original goal of it and began back-porting live-TF2 content, shooting any chance they had of getting the game on the Steam store in the ass. Combine that with low interest, lazy modders (competent ones abandoned it when they saw where it was headed), the hyper-autistic nature of the existing chan servers (I recall the 8/v/ server's admin going through your internet history and immediately banning at the slightest whiff of anything non-kosher regardless of if you were being insufferable in the actual server or not) and legitimately awful furries complaining of being banned from what were basically the only one or two actually running servers.

It hurts

I've recently gone back and downloaded a ton of sourcemods I used to play back in the day.

95% of them are dead because of the lack of updates and because the community lost interest.

There's nothing wrong with a company prolonging the life of a game if they still give the option to play it how it was originally.

TF2 is a good shooter, I would've honestly been madder if it was left to die like alien swarm or day of defeat

I gave the solution back here, it unfortunately requires a cell-phone or some dicking around with Android emulators but it sure as fuck beats using the actual app.

Everything will die, user.
Defiance has, and will never be the answer.

Kritzkrieg was a mistake, yes even as far back as the medic update Valve was implement poorly thought out shit.

Honestly, though, why does absolutely everyone suck at medic? I play this shit game for like five years and I've never seen a decent medic. It's the easiest class in the game, you literally don't have to do anything but heal the useful guy and try to stick with him when he's clearly trying something (not pocketing the whole time).

Of course often they even just let you burn to death or ignore you with 1 HP.

The only thing wrong with the game was just the Demo and Sold, originally.

Nerfing for the both of them would pretty much balance the game.

did you even try overwatch in the beta? are you seriously fucking trying to fucking say right now that it's a deeper, more developed game than tf2? really? did you even play both games, be fucking honest come the fuck on now, what the fuck DUDE WHAT TEH FUCK?
NO IM FUCKING SERIOUSLY BOTHERED BY THIS BULLSHIT WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THAT?? TO ME?? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN FUCKING GO THERE YOU SHIT?
like, i know tf2 is more or less shit right now but you can't fucking seriously with a straight face say that overwatch is somehow a deeper game. like, it's got the depth of a lol-type assfaggots SO
WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING WRITE THAT YOU SHIT?????????????????? CAUSE YOU AND I KBOTH KNOW WHAT ITS FUCKING LIKE YOU FUCK WE BOTH FUCKING KNOW THE TRUTH I ASSUME IF UR SPEAKING OF IT LIKE THAT YOU FUICKING TRIED BOTH GAMES SO WE BOTH NKOW THIS SITUATINON WELL WERE BOTH FUCKING FAMILIAR WITH IT
so it just boggles my mind, you know? this situation just confuses me. why would you make that post, you know? why would you
FUCKING CLAIM
something that just isn't true like that. you kinow i gave you the benefit of the doubt here you know, i figured he's probably not a shill but you're seriously having me reconsider the whole situation here, buddy.

see, i just want to know
FUCKING WHY
you would say that? like, if you're
DUMB AS SHIT AND POSTED SOME DUMB FUCKING SHIT LIKE REALLY REALLY DUMB FUCFKIG TRASH JUST FUCKING SAY SO BUT DONT FUCKING MAKE ME CONFUISED HERE; BUDDY
okay?????????????

Are you 12? I love TF2 and play it since day 1. It's quite "deep" (if a FPS can be deep) but mostly it boils down to being a Demo spamnigger or rocketjumping like an autist as Soldier. Other classes can't compete at all and are literally fodder to confuse the enemy.

Then you also have shit like Ubercharge invincibility which is just awful, lvl 3 aimbot sentries, W+m1 Pyros with that disgusting afterburn damage so even braindead people can kill you when you're low health and of course random crits. Not to mention pay to win to a certain extend.

No one could even play Overwatch long enough to say exactly how deep or not deep it is. But it doesn't have the shit I mentioned above, it's generally faster, flashier and to me actually felt deeper with more classes and counter abilities and unique super attacks, also climbing mechanics and other stuff.

Now deeper doesn't have to mean better. But it definitely seemed decent enough. The only thing that bothers me are the awful mouse controls, the names above players which is just borderline retarded and the SJW propaganda.

Nothing happened, the 8ch servers are still up despite what these fucks keep telling you

Calm down dude you literally sound like tumblr right now

You deserve it. You UBER a Pyro, Kritz is a death sentence for both of you.

Maybe you should try playing on a saxton hale 10x server if you want to have fun.

Do you remember what the game was like at launch? Pyro had no airblast, Engy couldn't move his gear, and Spy had a delay on backstab.

On top of that, some of the earliest weapons were the worst. Remember Sandman going through Uber? How about Natascha slowing from across the map? Jarate? The Wrangler? The Equalizer I do miss turning into a Khornat Berzerker at low health though?

All of that only serves to distract from their primary stratagem.

CS:GO didn't overflow its game with half-assed weapons and it is still alive.

Depends on classes the other team plays and of course the map and where you are. Dustbowl choke point in a tunnel or something sounds fine.

CS:GO is being kept alive by skins and the competitive scene, both of which were never even considered in TF2's infancy

You mean dying like a bitch to the class that deals four time as much DPS from mid range? Or to the two classes who deal massive burst damage at mid range? Or how about the long range class that can drop you in a single shot? How about the vastly more mobile class that can kill you in two shots over less than three seconds?
You mean like dying like a bitch to every other class in the game?

Engineer was just given tactical flexibility, though the teleporter and dispenser upgrades made the game faster all around. Pyro and Sniper really should have been cut from the roster instead of grandfathered in. Pyro is a shit class that's outshined by everyone else and Sniper invalidates Spies role while being the only long range class in a game of close-mid range brawlers.

Stupid fuckers got scammed so now everyones gotta be limited to protect the weak
I fucking hate this shit

Wow, git fucking gud.

I use to love playing the spy because so few people could actually pull it off. It was so fucking fun to. It had the speed of Thief, the spec ops feeling of james bond, and you had to trick people with subtle movements or just flat out dance around their cone of vision.

Then they basically gave him a gigantic crutch dr and suddenly servers where flooded with shit spys accomplishing nothing. After which they decided to correct the problem with more crutches, by introducing shit like the homewrecker, huo-long heater, etc…

So yeah. Because spy's like you die "like a bitch to every other class in the game?", the gameplay centered around the entire class has become much more shallow.

You best be talking about release era TF2 because Spy has been a joke of a class since 2008. Once people get any modicum of experience with the game, Spy becomes a laughable threat. Disguises only work on sentries since people shoot every ally multiple times. Random explosives and missed shots will blow your cover or outright kill you. People turn around constantly unless they're in sustained, heavy combat. Pyro exists solely to counter Spy.

I've played from the medic update, and started to fall off after manneconomy, then on and off a little bit after. When I started his cloak didn't even recharge from ammo packs.

The spy has always been really strong, it's just he relies 100% on positioning, decision making, timing, ability to fool people with subtle movements, and just being able to not be in anyones line of sight ever.

The thing is it became less and less and less about what I mentioned above. They buffed him to make him easier to play, but then had to nerf him so that he wouldn't get out of hand if the person was good enough.

I used to main medic for years. The hardest part is putting up with the disappointment that is your teammates when they can't just assume the medic knows what he's doing. Which is a fair assumption since most medics are shit but I always pop my uber at the last second to get the most out of it. So when they assume it's time to fall back while I'm healing them they should have assumed it was time to push forward and depend on the medic to pop his uber.

The only thing harder than being a medic is being healed by one and understanding how they work and what they're intending to accomplish.

Also the Crossbow is the only non vanilla weapon I legitimately like and use along with the Scottish Resistance. The only thing I miss after I stopped playing that game years ago was nailing scouts in to a wall with an arrow from across the map.

Why would they do this if you're 100% uber ready?

However, I can tell you it's soul crushingly depressing when meidcs are literally so retarded they just don't press the fucking button even though your HP is already red and there are enemies everywhere and then you both die.

I really enjoyed Fortress Forever, but the CTF mode gets stale way too fucking fast.

Some people scammed items for easy money, so they put a waiting period in to hard counter quick switchers etc.

Like it would stop anyone

kek

I do it for free
I do it 4u

Why would they do this if you're 100% uber ready?

Because the timing is important. To early and the enemies retreat so you can waste your uber, to late and you risk a member dyeing. Timing is extremely important and when the teamate falls back they essentially lose valuable time they could be using dealing damage to enemies.

Another thing is that they use their entire clip before you uber rather than after making the issue even worse when they have to reload, spending valuable moments of invincibility. It's why the Heavy/Pyro is so great for medics.

I used to do this all the time. It pissed the people we killed off so bad.

If I still played the game I would call you an even bigger faggot than you are now.

There is no explaining TF2. It does not simply defy explanation, or even comprehension - it defies definition. It's one of those things where, if you were to find a way to explain it, it would immediately rearrange itself to become unexplainable again. So stop trying to understand it, or you'll just make everything even worse.

Nigger, I can't speak for current year, but from 2012 to 2015, babby's first class was the snoipah - not because they're easy to use, but because all the CoD kiddies would pick it before they knew jack shit about the dynamics of the game. There'd always be four sniper/spy players on a ten-man team.

In contrast, the soldier is a useful, versatile class with no extreme weaknesses that's hard to fuck up with. You shouldn't get mad at someone for playing something like that. Unless their team already has a bunch of them, I guess.

One unexpected reason why this might happen is if your medic doesn't know that you're in danger. Like, if you've just killed the last scout nearby, the medic might be thinking "oh goody everything is peaceful now I can save my uber and just heal him up normally" - even if they don't see the soldier/etc lookin' right at you from around the corner. Part of this is a certain sense of tactics. A successful medic would either know that there's an enemy nearby (i.e. by communicating with teammates;) check for them while you're fighting the scouts; or even predict that there would be one nearby, based on their knowledge of the map and the composition of the enemy team. Or, in this case, they'd just uber you before you fight those scouts.

As for both of you dying: when that soldier/etc takes you out, the medic thinks "oh shit gotta save my uber" and tries (unsuccessfully) to escape without popping it. Sure, any inexperienced player will tell you that that's stupid as fuck - and that there's likely someone a few feet away who'd appreciate even the last third of an uber (and a living medic!) But the new guy doesn't have his priorities straight, and certainly doesn't have the experience to make the right decision. It's like that dynamic in JRPGs where you skip over your best healing items, thinking "oh I might need them later," and then never use them ever and generally just die a lot.

Or maybe they forgot they had an uber. But that's just mental retardation, and I totally never did that when I was starting out, no sir.

(I'm not trying to say shit players aren't shit, mind you. But we can understand that shittiness and sometimes play around it.)

Reads to me more like you suck, than anything else.

Just know that Pyro and Spy are Sup-Off, and Off-Sup, respectively, meaning not only are they head-on, but also reliant on their teams for chaos that they can cast support from.

If you can't play pyro against competent players then fair enough but don't start playing the dps game like some steam forum retard.

TFC is dead.

Mannconomy and F2P were mistakes.

what the fUCK DUDE LIKE
MY FEELINGS

Welcome to reality. Enjoy your stay.

Can someone summarize the gameplay of TF2C for me? Am I mistaken to assume its a more Quake Arena-ish TF2? because that actually sounds pretty cool right about now, but I don't want to put up with asshole mods that might poke around in your computer.

I would heal the spy just to spite you.
Just don't be a spaz.

Not really. It plays just like OG TF2 with some things from current TF2 (hauling, airblast, etc), and thus has bhopping and kiting (bhopping is optional for servers to run). Of course, since it's still OG TF2, the balance is just as bad as that was - though not nearly as bad as current TF2, it still had some issues.
???
Never heard of the server admins doing that, just checking profiles for brony/undertale/etc. shit if they're avatars are suspect.

You've just admitted to being a shit engie/pyro, well done.

Though I understand why you put so little value in your secondarys, after all it's so unimportant for Soldier that you can get an unlock that removes use of his and yet manages to still be considered a valid sidegrade by the playerbase

You are a degenerate moron if you truly think that the things you listed in TF2 are negatives. You are an outright liar to claim you've been playing since day one and think that the base game breaks down to demo/soldier spam.

You disgust me, leave.

I heard they nerfed the axtinguisher.

Axtinguisher did nothing wrong.

Degreaser on the other hand, is the epitome of shit balance.

I wonder why…

Also, there were quite a lot of people protesting in the threads here and in Steam about their mods.
Someone could be quite the whole match, have a generic name and avatar and still get kicked because while he was playing an admin would look up his nick, his account and anything related to the player in search of "faggotry". Meaning you could behave properly in the server but the second the mod finds out you had a chat with a brony recently, you're out.

Wish honestly strikes me as stupid. If someone can keep their faggotry to themselves and doesn't mix it with the server, why ban him? He doesn't affect the server in any negative way at all, you're just depriving it of another player. This heavy handed "moderation" reeks of more autism than the autists they claim to keep out, it's a clear case of a witchhunt with everything bad associated with one.
And low and behold, the servers are now just furries or dead…

But the base game does break down into Demo\Soldier spam. Competitive teams always bring 2 soldiers, making it 1/3 of their team and a Demo as well, meaning half of the team are these powerhouses.
No one beats the Soldier for mobility and positioning and the Demo is specifically brought for Area Denial which is essentially "spam the point with grenades so nobody can go in there".
Hell, the only reason the other 3 characters aren't more Soldiers\Demos is because of diminishing returns.

Even if you were talking pub servers, the truth of the matter is that every other class exists as cannon fodder to confuse the other team while soldiers and demos carry their team.

Uber also sounds like a neat idea but when you look at it, it's not very interesting. It's essentially putting 2 players in a state where nobody can do anything about them except if you're a soldier and can juggle (and they have no air control) or a pyro flanking them. And even then, you're more likely to get killed before you can pull them apart.
All Ubers do is break sentry nests without any skill required or give you crits wish means instakills for soldiers and demos. They are a boring design decision and I tell you this as Medic Main.

Pyros are also incredibly underwhelming unless your objective is to be obnoxious, since they can often cause more damage with the afterburn than with the flamethrower itself. I've even heard people saying it's more effective to set people on fire and then switch to the shotgun, your secondary weapon. They are a class that simply doesn't work unless you're on a server with 12v12 where nobody can keep tabs on you flanking them and\or everyone is too stupid to kill you from a distance. They simply don't work but still make a lot of people angry and stall games.

Also

give it a few weeks…

Call me whatever you want, but I always liked playing comedic relief on public servers, making basically 0 contribution to the team.
My favorite setup was a full-on pirate Demo: peg leg, cutlass in hand, steering wheel in the other (normal shield before they added the wheel), parrot on my shoulder, pirate hat on the head. I would run around taunting a whole lot, yelling pirate-puns into VC, pushing carts or taking points if possible, but usually ending up with very few kills.
Most of the time I was just emply weight, but there were those few times when I managed to achieve team mascot status, with personal medics and the enemy team yelling to "kill the fucking pirate".

come on guys, it's 2016

there's nothing wrong with preordering overwatch, OP.

You should kritz stock snipers. Turns them into railguns.

You sir are a real human bean and a real hero.
I used to have a "Penis Pyro" set up which was a salmon painted Cute Suit, Salmon Ornament armaments and the googly eyes and do fuck all in pubs just to see people call me a penis

Medic exists for a reason.
Extra points if they were using health-lowering weapons.

Sniper's fucking excellent as a long-range harassment class due to bodyshots and it's a more sure bet to bodyshot and kill a scout than it is to try and headshot the little fucker. If I think I can kill with a bodyshot instead of a headshot I usually take the bodyshot due to being a bigger target.

It's always children or people who shriek like children in voice that complain about bodyshots being low-skill, as if you need skill to aim at head-level while on the ground instead of aiming down from a vantage point or from an obscure area with wide map-access like any decent sniper does.

I always bring the piss gun as sniper to piss off other snipers. They can't complain about bodyshots when the gun can't score headshots and what's more, if I can hit them twice while they can't hit me once, that's shamefull for them. Also, pissing on other classes running about confuses them as fuck. Heavies even start spinning around looking for the sniper that tossed the jarate.

I used to go Jar Wars + bodyshots when the server got too full of f2pers.

Medics are the most likely to bitch about getting bodyshot by a sniper, though. If I know there's a medic waiting around a corner, you'd better believe I'm sitting rock still and aiming my charged shot right at his dick for when he peeks.

You two are good people.