Stellaris Thread

The other thread won't work for some retarded reason.

So what's the best way to deal with conquered Xenos? I don't want my neighbors to panic and war me right away.

My plan is to enslave them while prohibiting their reproduction and then purge them once I have the technology to Terraform their worlds for human habitation.

Does anyone else have any other better ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

paradoxplaza.com/news/stellaris-day-one/
mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ
kat.cr/stellaris-hotfix-1-0-0-to-1-0-2-rezmar-t12587513.html
stellariswiki.com/Victory_conditions
s32.postimg.org/vv5c9wkqr/Stellaris_Tree.jpg
volafile.io/get/JROBPqEIw64BS/distantworldsuniverse-sr.iso
brown.edu/academics/economics/sites/brown.edu.academics.economics/files/uploads/2013-15_paper_0.pdf
1d4chan.org/wiki/Your_Dudes
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-feels-like-a-game-made-by-ea.930339/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So is this game good or what? What kind of game is it? More "sins of a solar empire" or "endless space"?

It's a 4x game that evolves into a grand strategy game by the midgame.

I'd call it Endless Space but in real time.

It has no mid- or endgame to speak of.

Doesn't the game have endgame threads in the form of Terminators revolts, Nids, and Energy beings from another dimension?

Also

Dead game?

paradoxplaza.com/news/stellaris-day-one/

Well it broke all their sales records so I doubt it

Pretty much this.
Wait one or two years after they add all the DLC that will expand it into a proper game.

It's a space themed DLC platform made by a bunch of Swedes.

OK,m so I'm retarded. How the fuck do you occupy a planet?
I started a war, I realized my opponent was slightly stronger than me, so I allowed him to occupy one of my outer planets. I rebuilt, wiped his fleet, repaired and went to the offensive. I can put defenses in his planets to 0, but that's it. The fleet stays bombarding and I have no idea about how to make anyone land.

You have to raise armies on one of your planets and then embark them and then take the transport ships to an enemy planet.

You use armies, faggot.
Build assault armies on your planets, embark them and land them on your enemy planets. Make sure the defenders are worn out from bombardment AND that you outnumber them.

Thanks a lot mates. I'll probably restart because I fucked my economy blind hoping they would surrender by being bombarded kek.

I got some fags to surrender after bombarding their home planet, but they didn't have a fleet left, or any space stations for that matter. So it is possible, I think that the fact they were extreme pacifists also contributed to that surrender.

I want to be able to remove positive traits during gene tailoring. Anybody have an idea how to mod that in?

it lacks personality so bad I doubt anyone will care about it in 2 years. drones have short attention spans.

Even fucking Master Of Orion beta tries harder then this.

It's a Paradox game though so that shouldn't come as surprise. Besides, Clausewitz can't do real combat anyway.

Seems fun so far but once I vassalized my neighbor, after a pretty contested and brutal war, I have just been steam rolling everyone else and snowballing hard. No end game disasters hit me yet though.

You auto resolved everything in any other 4x anyway faggot.

how do I not have the cracked version show up in steam? that kinda… unsettles me

Now I can not feel bad about pirating it

What can you do with extra resources besides build ships? In one game I always had extra energy but you never spend much energy directly, you only use it for upkeep for everything. I started another game and now I'm always full of minerals but low on energy because I use slaves.

Ships, buildings, spaceports, you will use a fuck ton of minerals rebuilding your fleets after wars and keeping fleets upgraded.

So when should I expect kinky alien sex mods?

It's a good game but quite barren.

But it's Paradox so expect six million DLC packs to be released by the end of this year which will fleshen it out a lot more.

Get those shekels ready goyim.

It's meh
just another DLC platform for parajew

I'd rather muck about in SoTS or Endless Space

The lack of space babes is quite astonishing, but then again they ARE Swedes.

Imfuckingplying I bought this, though I have to say I'm sad that I can't access any of the mods since they're all on the Steam Workshop.

Same here, I want to use that warhammer mod.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Seriously, not one race of green alien girls? Even SJW Effect had blue space babes.

George Washington fought a war so we could enjoy differently colored extraterrestrial booty damnit.

One thing that really annoys me is the lack of variety in habitable planets. They are way too similar to warrant the need of specialized technology to colonize by a spacefaring civilization. For humans, a "continental" species, even oceanic and artic planets, as presented in the game (plentiful water, thick nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere, relative normal temperature), would be in the better part of what we could ever hope for and others would be positively grade A paradise planets in any plausible scenario. And for other species, for example, it doesn't make any sense the more arid regions of a "continental" planet wouldn't lush heaven on earth for a species developed on a desert planet that uses hydrobonics to grow its food.

Remove steam.

Mash them to the sectors so they start developing something instead of being completely braindead.

The system generation and planetology in this are a disgrace. Frozen worlds next to a star, lava worlds at the edge of a system…

Is there a way to change your capital planet? Am I retarded?

would have been nice to have a dominions style of combat set up where you can set up troop positions and set some general orders like "Attack rear" before sending them out and watching it play out

try to get someone to package them up for you. workshop mods work on pirated games. just gotta apply them manually.

So far it's the fastest-selling Paradox game.
Unless the numbers slack off dramatically I doubt they'll pull another march of the eagles where they put all DLC plans on ice becasue it sold so poorly.

What do you expect out of Paradox faggot?

Watch out because the AI tends to blob and go straight to your capital. Also allies are fucking useless, both in attacking and defending.

Those variables are moddable even now, so I don't get how they fucked it up.

great advice, it won't even start without steam running

is there any version uploaded somewhere that doesn't show up on steam? don't give a shit about MP

The Codex version works fine for me.

uninstall whatever the fuck you downloaded

get the fitgirl repack

close steam when playing you double nigger

my neighbours fucked me up easily. how do i make my fleet stronk as fuck

i use codex fine also

It has a very basic version of this. You can research chips that make your ships either blindly charge guns blazing, or stay in formation. That's it though. Very basic. There are more advanced chips but i don't think it changes the AI any, they only do boring stuff like +10% attack.

But then it's paradox so you shouldn't expect anything other than "move army to other army, wait for one to kill the other"

keep it upgraded+have more firepower than they do

Atleast it isn't like in current CK2 were any kind of combined arms or varied tactics completely wrecks your war effort.

i always keep my fleet upgraded but those fuckers just had more firepower somehow

i play on normal

Reminder to not fuck with fallen empires
Always check your enemy's fleet strength
If the enemy's fleet strength is stronger than yours, avoid conflict until you catch up.

i fought some normal dudes, they wanted to take holy terra so i fought them and lost

Hard to do when you never roll any actual weapon upgrades.
One of my biggest complaints about this game is how your stellar empire's entire fucking physics/social science/engineering department can only do one project at a time.
Even just one more slot would fix this.

Even though I like the idea of "blind" research, being forced to choose a shitty but quickly researchable tech because there was nothing worth researching is awfully stupid.

I like how this game has managed to stay interesting. I've been playing it for about three days straight and it seems like there has always been some new shit. Most 4X games like this fall into a boring pattern where you're just doing the same shit over and over again. There is a lot of repetition but it finds some neat ways to vary it up.

It was getting a little boring for a while but then a machine uprising happened and it's currently holding about a dozen solar systems by my border. Around the same time i colonized too close to the "get off my lawn" kind of fallen empire and they declared war on me. One ancient alien genocide later and i've got some cool new toys with which to remove xenos and scrapheads. I'm hoping there's some more late game shenanigans.

What kind of government are you? According to the wiki the type of government effects what kinds of research you're likely to draw. If it's a military dictatorship you'll get lots of weapon draws, if you're spiritual you're more likely to get psionic shit, if you're a pussy pacifist you're more likely to get things relating to diplomacy etc.

Military dictatorship master race.

I'm pretty sure I was running a plain ol' autocracy, so that when I could enslave some pre-sentients nearby they'd produce tons of shit.

step it up senpai

The person who did this needs to be shot.

Sounds like xeno sympathizer talk

unless protectorates work differently than vassals. i've only had vassals.

smh

Stellaris is definitely a breath of fresh air but like what other anons said, it needs to be fleshed out more.

Every Paradox game handles combat that way, you moron.

I think protectorates are more "help me, mighty white man, for I cannot help myself" than whatever vassals are.
Sick trips too.

So, Tau ?
Castrate yourself.

Oh, you poor soul.
You don't know what's coming.
Only men tempered in the heat of battle will survive the coming onslaught.

I think that says it all

But I am the Xeno's and I enslaved Humanity

And no, protectorates work differently, you can't integrate them but you get like 50% of their shit.

However it seems it's bugged and has pretty much ruined my game since I can't occupy their lands due to them being my ally, yet the enemy is getting warscore for them not being part of my empire. It's fucking retarded.

Tau don't mind preserving humanity.

I ended it.

Go back to your cuck shed

What games come closest to letting me put slave shields over subjugated races?

The Ur-Quan were some of the only sane creatures in a galaxy gone mad I think.

Anyone make a mod to get rid of nogs yet?

I'm sure there's plenty.
At least one got linked last thread

If you kill your enemies, they win.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't know if I should keep playing or come back in a year when the game is more complete. Even as it is it has more "staying power" than other space 4x games like SOASE or that galactic cizilizations game that stardock released imo.

Yeah you get vassals as a war demand. You kick their ass once and they show up to help whenever you declare war on someone else.

Enjoy getting vassalized you smelly hippie

The niggers deserved it tbh. Not fit to be citizens of the imperium commonwealth of man.

I put a military station over Sol while they were someone else's vassal so that anyone who left the planet would get killed. Not exactly ur-quan level but close enough.

FUCKING ENERGY CREDITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was one in the last thread

Get rid of advanced AI starts.

Also avoid fallen empires for the love of god.

After you take a alien planet, convert all of their slave production to power plants, and as you starve them to death, begin importing human populations with food production going, eventually, you will have a full human planet full of food, with the corpses of aliens to make homes out of.

What a shitty game.

Unless you've got a better description, fuck off with your "muh genre" shit.

Have we found the cheats to add ethic and genetic points yet?

WEW LAD SHAKING MY FUCKING HEAD

I wonder how much Paracocks plans on charging for these.

mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ

I got chu, famicom

Wait seriously? That's retarded. I looked it up on the paradox forum and they say the only way to clear them from a planet is with orbital bombardment, but at max that's only a fucking 15% chance per month to kill a single pop.

15 bucks for the "expansion", another 10 for the content pack, and maybe like some small dlc for more species portraits around 5 bucks each.

Maybe you should add that it is a turn based real time strategy game, retard.

I almost suspect the absolutely boring lack of content is intentional design to make the dev LAN games with a dozen of players more playable.

Next you are going to say Christians shouldn't get rid of the Jews.

With the AI empires being numbskulls, I'd have to imagine that unless you have a game made up of only real people having the scourge crisis would make you just want to alt-f4 out.

Thanks fam

I'm thinking it would probably be doable if they popped up in one of my vassal's systems, but if they were on the other side of the galaxy it would be retarded difficult.

Also, I should say that I can't for the life of me figure out why I would play Stellaris over Distant Worlds other than the fact Distant Worlds doesn't have multiplayer.

Wouldn't even be difficult, it would be night impossible unless every empire let you have military access and they won't, not even during a crisis event. In the multiplayer game, the ones infested would just sit there. No shit. Wouldn't accept military access from me or any of my friends.

My friend was doing orbital bombardment to invade, yeah. He couldn't land his troops, the game wouldn't let him. So I don't know if it was a bug or not, but yeah.

Also, what it was saying was that you can not invade a planet that has no pops. And none of the scourge planets did.

I feel Stellaris has more "flavour", which of course is completely subjective and its impact diminishes almost instantly after you start reading the same story snippets over and over again and meeting alien civilization that act in certain same pattern. And Paradox's modding community is much larger and active than Distant World's.

That's about it.

Slug girls don't look very nice in the game, user.

How does the scourge work? Do they pop up in one place or is it like the machine uprising where they're randomly polka dotted all over?

That's ridiculous. It must be a bug, right? Either way they need to fix their shit. If we can't push them off of the planet we should at least get an exterminatus button.

I buy the base game and pirate the dlc. I like the games enough that I don't mind paying some sheckles, but I am not a good enough goyim to spend over 6 million on dlc.

They enter in a breach.

Oh, yeah some of the events were neat. But then you have events that lead you to systems in AI empires and the AI empires wouldn't let me have civilian access to send my science ships to the systems. Always -1000.

Then after that pretty much every event is the same more or less. I had about five about malfunctioning implants from observing primitive species. Couldn't finish the precursor event cause AI empires. Had some about genetically modified species of my own having tension, but yeah. Some of the flavor is good, but a lot of times it's just boring.

From what I saw everyone started getting events about subspace signals, and then you could track it and it would show a few systems would targeted. Then the scourge would just start appearing and moving across the map.. But then, more or less, they just sat there or slowly creeped. Eventually though, and somehow that I don't know, they started to pop up nowhere near their starting point and in small blobs on the other side of the galaxy. But again, they just more or less sat there. If they did any creeping, it was near their entry point.

I really have no idea, I didn't make the game.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

Luckily adding "flavourful" events is extremely easy modding.

I think Stellaris might turn into a nice game in a few years if Parajew DLCs in the content and doesn't fuck it up, and mods fix it further.

I was about to ask if anyone has the patch but then I looked it up again and if anyone wants the update one of the fine gentlemen from cs.rin.ru uploaded it a few hours ago on kat.

It's supposed to fix the stuttering that happens constantly after everything gets big enough.

This is the thing that's getting me. I already told my friends that Stellaris will probably be my last Paradox game cause I am really tired of their jewing. Like, Stellaris has potential I suppose, but by the end of it it'll be like upwards of 100 dollarydoos. And for that price, I can get or play games that are better and cheaper. Like Sword of the Stars 1 or Distant Worlds, or any other space 4x that has been out for much longer than Stellaris has.

It is out kat.cr/stellaris-hotfix-1-0-0-to-1-0-2-rezmar-t12587513.html

This is the thing that's getting me. I already told my friends that Stellaris will probably be my last Paradox game cause I am really tired of their jewing. Like, Stellaris has potential I suppose, but by the end of it it'll be like upwards of 100 dollarydoos. And for that price, I can get or play games that are better and cheaper. Like Sword of the Stars 1 or Distant Worlds, or any other space 4x that has been out for much longer than Stellaris has.

hotwheels fix your goddamn site.

Good thing there's always Aurora.

I'm not going to buy Stellaris for a long time, if at all, and definately not paying for the DLC. Even though I'm slightly more optimistic than before the release, I can see the dark clouds of turbojewery in the horizon now that they are going public.

I could never get into Aurora unfortunately. For my space empire building, I mostly stick to SotS1 or DW like I said. Sometimes I'll play the old Master of Orion games too, but yeah those are my main two right now.

So has anyone conquered the galaxy yet and purged the Galaxy of the xeno taint?

Iv'e found the best option be to enslave conquered empires and then prohibit reproduction so they get genocided over time and other xenos don't get as uppity.

You shouldn't feel bad anyway because giving Paradox money is a sin.

Is the game good?

It took me 30 hours to notice the glaring flaws, but they're definitely there.

At first you'll think "oh this is neat, events and shit, wow"

And then it's boring after that. I mean really boring. There's very little grand strategy to it, and all you really do is colonize or wage war while waiting for the end-game crisis to happen. No trade, no espionage, no really much of anything.

I wish I was just shitposting and not being honest. Pretty disappointing game.

It feels they took a huge chunk out of the game to sell for additional shekel, which they did.

I guess
but there's alot of stuff that need to be modded/added in like colonising/terraforming barren worlds (like Luna and Mars) Espionage, Religion and a ruler creator like CK2

Guess Ill wait for the All DLC bundle before I pirate

no shit, you conquered a bunch of kangs and kweans

You can already terraform, it's just a later tech.

Unless you specifically mean you can't terraform barren planets, idk. I was mostly terraforming arctic planets into tundra when I got it.

But then I stopped doing it altogether cause I realized there was no real point to it. I only had one AI empire declare war on me, and barely any of the ai empires changed shapes or got bigger or anything. And I was making so much credits and influence and minerals that unless I just wanted a spaceport to up my fleet cap there was honestly no point to it.

Events can happen when you terraform too, but yeah.

Oh, and tech gave me more habitability too so I didn't see much point in terraforming arid or arctic planets (which start out 60 percent for tundra race). Eventually they just got good enough on their own from tech.

I genuinely wish there was trading, and a economy. I know paradox can actually make economies function, for instance victoria 2.

This makes me somewhat angry there is no actual trade besides trading currency. In victoria 2, there was an economy. People had to eat, they needed nice luxury items, they needed to work, and they needed transportation. They also needed literacy to even work in a factory, or to become a capitalist. If there was not enough work, or not enough luxury items, your populations would migrate, they would move to other provinces, or the United States.

The problem is with Stellaris, is that there is no populations, they do not need luxury goods, they do not trade, there is no exchange for normal goods/luxury, nothing.

I know it may be unfair to compare it to victoria 2, but at the same time. Its a bit disappointing. It makes economic warfare impossible, since there is no private exchange of goods, there are no capitalists, there are no private investors, there are no privoteers selling goods and running a economy. It feels sterile.

I guess I have to play Distant Worlds again.

So a planet within my boarder is not considered inside my boarder. What do?

Is all of that stuff in distant worlds? If so maybe I need to stop being such a filthy casual and learn to play it.

Wait for the DLC goyim

Is it near someone else's border? I've had both a glitch like that and i've mistaken a border system for being mine when it was very barely outside of my territory, so i'm guessing it's one of those two things.

A star system is located in the middle of the hex that the star points to when hovering over it, not where the star icon is.

Something I liked about DW is you have the private economy. Civilians built their own ships and shit and did their own things.

You also had a ton of resources. Needed fuel. Lots of luxury resources. Each race had race specific goals, like dominating trade in the galaxy or whatever.

Stellaris has two victory conditions. Just two. Military conquest and technology.

You can make Distant Worlds play itself, there isnt that much to learn.

Nah, I just realize that what represents the system visually is not what, well, what matters, but the hexagon above it.

Yes.

how to fix boring mid game and retarded sector AI both at the same time

set core sector limit to 10
set revoke sector cost to 0

believe it or not, that's all it takes to make the game instantly 10x better

you are no longer sitting on your 4 maxed out sectors during midgame not being able to do anything else.

turns out developing colonies is actually fun and now you can develop around 4-6 of them at the same time so there's always something to build or upgrade. you can also colonize at a decent pace because you have a good buffer before you need to put colonies in sectors, enough to get planetary admin and queue all necessary buildings so AI can't fuck anything up once it gets the planet.

basically the early game everyone praises doesn't stop because lol 5 planets.

after you build up the sector a bit and give it to AI it will continue to upgrade it by itself.

it's like a fucking completely differrent game now, did anyone at paradox even play through it before deciding giving you 5 planets instead of 10 was a good idea?

Oh yeah, my colorblind friend has an issue with it. Has to ask me where a system is cause he has trouble seeing the hexagons or something.

Yeah. You need to look at where the hex is at.
The systems have a z-axis too so they can go up or down.

That means things may look like they're outside your border when they're inside and vice versa.

Yes, infact the coolest part of Distant Worlds, was that you could have a complete free market. Your space ports would actually be used by merchants, who would buy and sell goods and actually run a functioning economy.

If I remember correctly too, you could also set the construction of mining outposts to the free market as well, so mining corporations would spring up, etc.

Distant Worlds is very open, and I think the ship production is more indepth, same with battles, etc.

Yeah Paradox really dropped the ball on this one.

Distant Worlds has a feature where you can get the AI to operate certain aspects, and it's really in depth. So you can make it as complex or as simple as you want.

People say don't start of as a pre-warp empire, but I found it the easiest to learn personally.

Alright thanks i'll have to try getting into it again after I get bored of purging xenos

Turns out I still have it in my torrent folder so that's a plus

Is this game as autistic as the rest of paradox's games?
I like most of their releases, but if its another game that takes 2 hours to learn the basics I don't think I'll be high energy enough to deal with it at the moment.

So I have two questions.

First, how long does covert infiltration takes?
And second, is there a way to actually read information I got from research about life forms? I see something flying in space but beyond its name I don't see a name to check my analyses about it.

Actually I have a third. Why the fuck a mining station of mine is getting attacked and I got no notification of any sort about it?

They really did yeah. Just think, you can get Distant Worlds and all its expansions cheaper now than you will be able to get all the dlc that finally makes Stellaris somewhat playable.

Assuming they don't fuck it up of course they will

It's a damn shame DW doesn't have multiplayer though.

Stellaris is their simplest and most boring game, so no. The UI is not very good though. The contacts screen especially. And no map modes.

The terrible Contacts UI and lack of mapmodes (federation and diplomatic mapmodes would be especially useful) really are huge drawbacks.

This game feels like early access, but they're gonna try to sell the updates with content to you.

Oh man, I spent a good time just trying to figure out what pre-sentient and primitive species were in my empire. They made a lot of information a pain in the ass to find.

I think this game might be suffering from an identity crises. Everyone is putting a different label on it 4x, grand strategy even an rts. Of the three grand strategy is probably the thing that describes it the least so the lack of more complex mechanics like that might be expectable. But then again why sell you a big full game.

I forget exactly but if you start a covert infiltration and then mouse over the little under the observation station in the sidebar it will tell you something like "0/100. +1 per month"

I don't remember if those are the exact numbers but you can work it out that way.

You just set your observation post to one of the options and it will seemingly randomly pop up with events that happened based on which type of observation you chose.

This is a really good idea but can you spoonfeed me where the file that I need to edit is found?

What exactly are sectors? I haven't run into that phrase yet save for a tech that increases the limit by one.

A poorly implemented automation system. It automates the planets, but nothing more. It doesn't seem to build space ports, and they don't build mining bases, military bases, etc. They don't do that much, other than settle planetary affairs, but they are a necessary part of the game, not optional.

In the empire screen(?) there's a button to create new sectors. Basically star systems in your empire that are supposed to be managed by the AI, especially if you go over your 5 planet limit.

And they suck shit. You still have to babysit them and everything.

Empire -> Planets -> Create sector button on the top

Any decent mods out yet?

I was wondering if someone else had this problem. The wiki says they're supposed to I think, but they sure as hell don't do anything other than manage planet pops.

They hand over planets to the AI to manage so you don't need to micromanage every single planet upgrade.

Good idea in theory but in practice it's too restrictive and only gives you 5 or so planets that you can directly snap to in the outliner to build ships and advanced buildings. Any more than that and it starts to dock your energy and influence input.

And I found the file, it's the text file in common/governments/

Find the core sector modifier under one of the democracies and copypaste it to the modifier sections of the other ones.

Actually they do build stations and colony ships if there are any colonizable plants in the sector. In my experience the AI is just shit stupid about it and builds about ten times as many space ports as they need.

I think they do, but it seems like it takes them a fucking millenia to even start. There are definitely some mining stations that I didn't build, but I still have a couple of sectors doing nothing but hemorrhaging resources presumably because of the retarded AI.

Speak for yourself. Once get past entry-level monstergirls, you will understand.

I still don't get it, why is Commonwealth of Man ruled by a woman? Who was the dumb faggot who thought of that?

Man can be used in a general sense to refer to humans. Even the bible did it.

*once you

I think you're talking to a brain-dead autist, user.
Everyone knows 'Man' can be used to refer to the Human race in it's entirety.

What does his colorblindness have to do with him not being able to see hexagons?

Why do I get 4 choices and why is the fourth one in a different colour?

So, Distant Worlds thread? What you guys playing?

Thinking of doing a pre-warp Teekan Mercantile Guild.

The hexagons have different colors depending on what empire they're in (they're white if they're not in any empire I believe) and he can't tell the difference between different shades or something.

oh i fucked up my second image in paint.

the highlighted 4th choice means it'll permanently stay there until you research it. There's also rare techs (purple) and dangerous ones (red).

So it won't go away until I research it and it is not a there just for temporary? I guess I unlocked it by some event and didn't realize?

Yeah basically. Some of them you unlock by studying debris, like the space amoeba and mining drone ones.

Infested planets are bugged in 1.0.0, supposedly you can use "event crisis.200"(no quotes) with the planet selected and at 0 fortification to manually trigger it but i haven't been able to try seeing as console is disabled in ironman

Look at the hex color if its yours its in your borders otherwise you need to expand you borders in some way

They haven't really dropped the ball they just haven't got a ball yet.

Diplomacy is blatantly a DLC fix seeing as its so barebones right now and there's no galactic federation win condition

Trade is blatantly DLC fix seeing as the AI arbitrarily won't take your credits sometimes and other times will(it might have something to do with their reserves but they haven't made that clear so it seems DLC)

The entire Mid Game is most likely DLC, the whole reason the AI doesn't work that well is likely because there is nothing but a barebones midgame AI seeing as they don't know what the final features will be yet.

They've even admitted slavery doesn't work right now( there's no slave revolts in the game right now) because they couldn't agree on how it should be handled so they left it out of the game, hilariously overpowering slavery.

If you can't take down the AI empires to get access that are in the way you've done something wrong.

The AI has retarded strategy right now so any sufficiently big(and correctly composed) deathfleet will vassalize them in 5 minutes of gameplay.
Make sure you have max Naval capacity and have shitloads of Space Torpedos with a couple of projectile/laser weapons on anything larger than destroyer and you'll wipe the floor even with larger scourge fleets.

I know that if you find those crystals or clouds and do their event-line then you get a tech that you can research. They stay until you finish them and are usually pretty good.

4th one will always be available because you have some points in it already.
You can research more choices, there also seems to be biases based on your ethics values and prior research as to what you'll get.

That's not the issue. I did pacifist traders. What I'm saying is the only way to do shit is to wage war. In what is supposed to be "grand strategy".

Refer to my first image here where the Teekan race has its own special victory conditions.

how is that game?

Better than Stellaris and only 20 bucks more, and based on Paradox's DLC method it will eventually be cheaper than Stellaris too.

That is if you get Distant Worlds: Universe I mean. Universe has all the DW expansions.

what is better from it? has logistics and a better research system?

Everything. Everything is better.

so no logistics?

I am looking for a game like distant worlds but with multiplayer, is Stellaris the closest I will get?

So how does Stellaris run on Linux?

Or really Paradox ports on Linux in general, I've never actually tried them.

Er-? What? I said everything is better, and it is. Distant Worlds has supply lines, and gas lines. Your ships need fuel tankers, or they will be dead in space's water. So yes, there is logistics.

Also See my posts:

Whoops how did I mess that one up.
See Here.

Does DW have customizatble factions and shit? I'm pretty done with Stellaris as it is now but I've been craving a large scale scifi strategy game for a long time, and customization is important for me.

so it's like star ruler whit politics

What do you mean by logistics though? Like, how in depth the information is? Cause here's the expansion planner, empire, tech, and ship designer screens.

Yeah, but the AI has cerebral palsy and won't attack those threats unless you do it first and are allied with them.

Pretty much, but much more complex than even star ruler, although I loved making ringworlds in that game, and super hueg ships.

A GLORIOUS DEFEAT
WELL DONE, BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE WON

t. Spehss Mahreen

Not really. There's set races, and then you pick a government type. Some races have special government types, like Teekans and one or two others can do Mercantile Guilds. When starting a custom game, most of it is related to the galaxy itself such as the era, range of development of the rest of the galaxy, colony prevalence, etc.

There's a game editor that you can access in game as well, but I've never messed with it much.

There's mods too. There was one that added like 40 more races or something.

Oh, and you can play as a pirate faction and there's four playstyles for those; Balanced, Raider, Mercenary, or Smuggler. I wouldn't recommend it for new players though.

There needs to be a way to reroll. I'd be happy if it was just an option that makes that science department inactive for a few months while they lounge around and spitball ideas, as long as I get a different set of choices each time.

So from what I can gather

Or perhaps it's just common practice to refer to humanity as *the human race* and I'm being overly autistic. Or perhaps I'm trying to save you from falling into bad practice during the coming meme wars.

There actually is, but only two.

stellariswiki.com/Victory_conditions

The thing with this is, that previous Paradox games you more or less decided your own goals. Say I want to be Portugal and dominate the spice trade in Europa Universalis. Stellaris has none of that right? No trade, no espionage, etc.

So then you compare it to other games with victory conditions. And Stellaris is weak in that as well. At least Civ5 had culture victory and diplomatic victories. And I've already said that Distant Worlds, though having victory conditions, each species has its own victory conditions as well as my screencap above showed.

And that leaves you to beg the question of "what's the point in all the race traits if the victory conditions make them fucking pointless like Pacifism?" And that, I don't know the answer to.

Don't modify all the government modifiers, just edit the file in the defines folder, it dictates pretty much all the game's general behavior. Also there's a ton of AI modifiers in here for sectors and shit, so I'm gonna see if I can make them a bit more competent

Yeah I would assume that a diplomatic and trading victory condition would be vital for something like Stellaris, as well as a way to control trade or diplomacy without being a giant blob. I honestly doubt there will be DLC for this.

Aww yiss

look up a workshop downloader
workshop mods can be installed manually

It truly boggles the mind. I can't imagine what Paradox was thinking outside of being massive jews and selling shit that should have been in the game already.

Here's the tech tree for Stellaris. It's too big to upload to here, so having to link it. s32.postimg.org/vv5c9wkqr/Stellaris_Tree.jpg

volafile.io/get/JROBPqEIw64BS/distantworldsuniverse-sr.iso

I'm too dumb for CK2 (but somehow go well with DF). How will I fare trying to play this game?

it's simpler than ck2.

I would suggest Fanatic Materialist and Xenophobe. Xenophobe gives you a tolerance to enslave alien races (collectivism is own race i think?), and materialist just makes sense for space jews to me.

How do I into fleet composition and ship construction?
What sizes of weapons should I use for each ship and what ratios are preferable?

Jews have a religion, though.

I'd do spiritualist/collectivist/xenophobe, with an Arid or Desert preference.

Israel is a desert world, user

There were so many good choices, I wanted to make them reptilian but that one mammalian race had the best Jew look to it I think

pls explain how this fits in with your worldview:

brown.edu/academics/economics/sites/brown.edu.academics.economics/files/uploads/2013-15_paper_0.pdf

Depends on what you're up against I've found. A game i've been playing recently has me in near endless border wars with this molluscoid fuck. It builds a lot of small ships with great shields. I just equip my guys with as many torpedoes as possible. They just dodge the shields and deal damage. If he sent a smaller, but higher quality, fleet of ships with tough armour instead of shields I would get fucked up

How the hell do I get more influence?

Declare rivals and don't build so many frontier outposts. Certain techs will increase your influence per month also.

some events will give you a lump sum too. I remember a few that gave me 80.

In late-game, I only use Cruisers and Battleships.
Anyway.
Did anyone figure out how to download Steam Workshop mods yet? The workshop downloaders aren't working for some reason.

what? I was a divine mandate.

Has anyone managed to have any success throwing together doctrines & theorycrafting for fleet combat beyond hard countering? One is likely to do a great deal of refitting for fleets on different frontiers, obviously, but I'm curious as to whether any generalist doctrines (IE, non-monotech and non-monodefense) have emerged that work ingame. It doesn't seem like anyone's talking about this sort of thing, and the only bits of combat I've seen were from a snippet of the shitty Paradox stream, which consisted of two and then three missile ship blobs going full Macross on each other with occasional plasma cannon shots, and that's not at all helpful. The weapon stats have been uploaded on the wiki, but the information is not too useful either without ingame testing.Haven't acquired the game yet and I might not even bother to pirate it seeing how barebones things are, but I have a working concept for a Space Axis fleet doctrine, if it's of any interest.

What the hell does it take to actually make pops split off into their own nations? I've got an empire full of shitloads of far-flung colonies with different ideologies from Earth but nobody wants to make their own shit. I thought this was going to matter.

Don't see what the problem is. Sounds entirely realistic.

If there's no factions vying for independence or shit like that, no new empires will split off from yours.

Perhaps I was naïve, but I was hopeful.

I played 13 hours of Stellaris and I can't bring myself to play anymore.

It's all true. In the mid-game there is absolutely nothing to do except wage war on xenos. There is no economic warfare, hell, there is no real trade system (just government to government trade). There's no espionage and there's no ledger (a ledger that fills up by using spies would have been dank as fuck). There are no empire projects, you can't build megastructures or anything cool really. The tech tree runs out faster than it would look like at first glance and very few of the techs are any fun to research. Combat has zero depth, even considering the usual Clausewitz fare : even CK2 has commander tactics so at least you have to think a bit about what your retinue is composed of and who's in charge. Hell, EUIV has terrain modifiers. Stellaris combat is purely RPS like GalCiv3. Just send a single corvette at an enemy planet, check out what kind of shit your enemy has and retrofit your fleet to deal with it.

The late game is disappointing too. There are only 3 crises (there were apparently supposed to be more) and they're all incredibly cliché : AI revolt, extragalactic invaders and extradimensional invaders. All 3 boil down to you or some other sucker losing some territory, huge fleets spawning inside it and killing everything and you gotta deal with them. I mean that quite literally because the AI will never lift a finger to help you unless you're already allied, and even then, it's hit or miss simply because the AI is so retarded. They will either always follow one of your fleets or sit around doing jack shit.

More shit that sucks :

Influence points are a fucking joke, they're just yet again another fucking mana system directly lifted from EUIV except even more retarded. Edicts cost influence, so do frontier stations, so do certain planetary buildings, and so do alliances. The only ways to get more are rivaling and tech. So basically if you have too many alliances, you can't enact any edicts, you can't expand without colonizing or even build shit on your own planets. Time and time again we keep screaming at Parajew NO FUCKING MANA but they apparently never listen, given that there will also be a mana system in HoI4.

Customizing ships is retarded, it's just about filling the utility slots with your best reactors, fitting the biggest guns then replacing reactors with deflectors until the energy balance is as close to 0 as possible. It's always better to have large versions of everything so choosing the ship's sectors is also a no-brainer. There's no real differences between ships. For instance, you can't make strong but slow ships because you will stick the fastest thrusters you have on everything you build. Everything is so cheap in energy that all your ships will just have all your best tech and the biggest versions of that tech the slots will allow.

Resource gathering is boring. Spam mining stations, break even on energy when necessary, research tech and reveal rare resources, exploit those you get. There is so much of everything that it's impossible not to have a strong economy, even if you're small. Production of resources is really overpowered in this game. There is no scarcity at all.

The two good things I will say about this game is that it is very much salvageable. In 3 years or so it might be the best space strategy game on the market, because Parajew will DLC it to death and because it's even easier to mod than other Clausewitz games. If Parajew is on point with DLC and doesn't do dumb shit like introducing shattered retreat perhaps it will be a great game. Distant Worlds fucking blew at release, but after the first expansion pack it became pretty good and with all of them it's an amazing game.

The other good thing is that I quite like the variety of portraits, and ethos could be genius if it impacted how you play more.

Goddamn it these fucking cucks man.

All Xenophiles should be put out of their misery

Thanks for posting this user. I was on the fence about how excited I should be for this game, I'll be very glad to wait until it's pretty much complete and there's content to fill the massive void.

They need to be unhappy to form factions, even if they have different ethos.

Anyone can upload the hotfix to mega or somewhere? I can't torrents because retarded campus internet rules.

The part about ships takes the wind out of my sails a bit. The weapons, mostly. My working theory- since the wiki is trash and has no section information detailing max turret size- was around corvettes, destroyers and cruisers linearly getting small/medium/large slots as possible mountings, but if you can trivially upgun and make true pocket ships, then there's never any point, since larger weapons get more rather than less damage efficient for space, it seems. The only place it might theoretically be useful to mount scads of small weapons is with missiles and torpedoes, but that's only if you don't have swarmers yet and the enemy is hard countering you with PD, assuming PD actually intercepts missiles and isn't just a damage malus for missiles impacting the vessel or others within 8 range.

My theorycraft doctrine was to have torpedo corvettes screening and up-punching, with missile/PD destroyers as the second line, pocket ship cruisers & escort carriers sniping enemy capitals, and command battleships for maximizing efficiency. Carefully looked over the different weapon ranges and everything to get an idea of how to keep the main corvette/destroyer battleline as far back as possible at 36 range- handily outranging all counterpart non-torpedo escorts or medium missile destroyers, possibly allowing for a buffer of several volleys before the enemy returns fire- while still leaving a healthy working room for the capital ships to hang back and snipe or come forward to attack deep in the enemy's backline, but if there's no real penalty to upgunning and in fact incentives towards it, then it boils down to mounting the largest long range weapons on everything and throwing in utility stuff willy-nilly. Everything'll be a large torpedo or lance boat for the shield pierce/PD disregard and armor piercing respectively, without consideration for hull size, sturdiness, or cost beside 'don't make too many small lance boats, the guns are expensive and the ships are fragile.' Everything has 60 range and murders everything else with impunity unless they are explicitly hard countering with hideous amounts of PD & shields and all short range mass drivers on fast hulls (read: all of them) to get into knife fight range. Maybe not even then. I had a writeup and everything, I'm more than a little irritated. I knew everything except the combat was comparatively barebones, but I assumed there'd be a little bit of nuance to the shipbuilding.

That's some fucking bullshit. Nobody wants a government that aligns with their views? My xenophobic colony out in the boonies isn't annoyed that the governor of their sector is a bird person? The few collectivists aren't bothered that we're a democracy that lets people do what they like rather than making them work together?

Apparently bread and circuses fucking works, because I gave them the elixir of life and started social welfare programs, and nobody gives a single shit how different Earth's rulers are from their ideals.

Is anyone else having factions that actually do anything? Or factions at all? I have literally zero in a 550-pop empire.

your idea will work, technically, but frankly once you're at the point where you can afford to field a fleet of battleships and cruisers you're not going to need to be more cost-effective about your line ships or worry about having devastating torpedo boats with no armour. you can just customize everything to have whatever you want, which in theory is pretty cool but realistically you're probably going to max out one spec - lasers, projectile etc - and stick to that and just that. the only exception is battleships - i like to mount one hangar slot on them and field some strike craft just to ward off torpedoes and bombers, but those aren't terribly common

tl;dr there is a bit of fine-tuning to be done in the ship building vis a vis maximizing the bang:buck ratio or making most effective use of your power generators, but you will reach a point pretty quickly where you don't really need it

also, i have a tiny, like six man faction - of ultra-nationalists. they oppose the so-called "supermen" that have started to pop up in my empire due to genetics programs i've researched and only showed up when i colonized an awful desert planet that made everyone on it fucking miserable - but their actual goals are to "remain loyal subjects of my empire". so the fluff reading behind their existence is cool and all but they don't fucking do anything, have no demands and are not a problem

I hate this game.

mods and dlc will fix it :^)

So to fix the game they would need to

Wait, what? These six people oppose the genetic program, I assume? Their goal is to stay loyal though? What's the point? Am I misunderstanding or are they actually stupid?

Yes, it'll work, but the theorycraft minmaxing is junk thanks to the actual minmaxing being trivially easy. One won't be 100% upgunned for the whole game, certainly, but the whole front battleline can come far backwards to be near or at the same range as the capitals they're supposed to be screening by the time said ships actually exist. They're not really a screen anymore, since there's no real buffer distance. It simplifies the entire harebrained generalist fleet idea and makes it rather easily viable, confoundingly, since all fights will either be a slugfest with an equivalent fleet, a turkey shoot against unoptimized purists, or a catastrophe against missile and energy-proof knife fighters who burn through the all-around defenses of the fleet. And only maybe on the third point, since I don't know how good PD actually is against torpedoes, which are explicitly said to be more PD proof than missiles.

How did you get robots?

It will, but I haven't seen any torrents.

They need to do a Hell of a lot to fix it.

Yes. A galactic trade system would bring a lot to the game. Currently the galaxy is super static. Nothing happens, it feels dead as fuck. Having fleets of private freighters zooming about that you can interdict with your fleets, embargoing other empires, trade disputes, trade wars, all this shit would affect the boring as fuck mid-game.

Not certain about wincon, but being about to play the Jew like you can in Vicky2 would be great.

Sure, why not?

I disagree. Diplomacy shouldn't be a wincon, it should be a means to an end. Hippie space UN victory conditions piss me off. Space UN should rather be another source of drama/events that affect you and yours, so that something actually happens in this fucking game. Not derivative like GalCiv galactic edicts either, but a source of diplomatic tension and events.

If what he said was actually meaningfully achievable in this game then I wouldn't whine. It does seem to be that bigger is always better, which kills the whole point of ship customization in the first place. I'm not gonna fire it up but one should compare S railguns and L railguns of the same type and see how many Ses it takes to do more damage than the L. Keep in mind that L version has more damage, more range, equal cooldown, and is usually just a tiny tiny bit less accurate. I know that in my starting ships, a single M mass driver always outdamaged two S mass drivers.

Maybe not dyson spheres but definitely huge space stations of all kinds, thrusters in asteroids to serve as weapons, huge fucking ships, etc. Anything to make tech fun.

No, influence should be completely reworked and perhaps replaced by something else. Because I pass an edict on one of my planets I can't build a frontier station? Where the fuck is the logic?

I just fucking hate this stupid mana craze Paradox went with. It's lazy fucking design and ruins everything from immersion to gameplay.

Definitely.

Why the fuck not? DW did it, you can play space pirates and fuck with everybody. It's fun as Hell. Your choice of ethos should also have much more of an impact than it does now.

There's more that should be done. There's no fucking supply system in this game, for one. No fuel, not even ship range. The galaxy feels dead and static. Nothing's happening.

I'm gonna say something else that proved to me at which point Stellaris is a disappointment.

Go check out the Paradox forums. They're so fucking beta that they changed the "disagree" option to "respectfully disagree" so as not to offend anybody when they spam the Hell out of that button to downvote people that say anything bad about Paradox games.

Even the Paradrones are salty that Stellaris was released in such a state. They also think it's boring, simple, with no depth. Nobody's downvoting when they write about that. You'll find the occasional newfag writing shit like "but if there's nothing to do in mid-game why do I get curbstomped by the AI????????" (hint : you suck) but most of those with a lot of icons are disappointed as fuck, the difference between us and them is that they'll buy every piece of DLC to potentially end up with a good game, we'll just pirate all of it.

Why would I ever want the AI to manage my shit? I thought managing every planet was part of the fun at least to me it is - there isn't too much else to do apart from war anyway so it's not like my attention desperately needs to be elsewhere. Is there any reason at all to dick around with sectors if I do everything manually?

It's been "respectfully disagree" for a long time. Paradox forums is where all hope goes to die.

in theory it makes sense - a band of "pure" citizens who see the new breed as something to be feared or hated, it seems legit to me

the downside however is that in-game they do fucking nothing. like literally nothing. if i let them get to 100% they might declare independence or something but who knows, their influence is climbing so slowly i will likely never see how this pans out

you can research androids as purchaseable/buildable pops on your planets. they're good for planets you're only going to exploit for resources and don't give a shit about building it up

If you want more than five planets, yes.

Now, it should be said since Distant Worlds gets brought up a lot DW does have AI automation. But it's pretty in depth and optional. With Stellaris it's trash and not optional.

what the fucks this bullshit, i'm the emperor and I want those newly conquered xenos to be spread out across the empire mining my minerals. Why are there so many stupid little limitations like this in this game?

I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than a lot of people in this thread, but in my opinion Sectors are a fucking disaster.
Sure, have them mandatory, I guess it makes sense that your government can't realistically control more than 5 planets directly. However, you, as the player, can, and you should be able to intervene or assume direct control if you want to since the AI is batshit retarded.

Wew.
I just finished making a new species.
No more dindus in my human empire.

I'm able to have seven without touching sectors due to techs that increase planet limit. I'm assuming planet limit can go up even further through implementing sectors?

I bring up Trade and Diplomacy wincons because I think there needs to be more to the game than military victories. Military is good and all, but there should be alternate options. Hell, I'd still imagine that these alternate victories you would have to seriously work towards and outfox your opponents (if not still outright conquer them), but it gives opportunity for a small nation to win, rather than just a big one. If you have a unification wincondition, where everyones ideals align and are at peace, then you can have an environment where multiple people win. And quite frankly there's nothing wrong with wincons that aren't mutually exclusive.

You can also put them on low-habitability planets to mine the minerals there and it doesn't count as an owned planet.

I think that core planet tech is one of those researches that can be done a bunch of times. I've gotten up to 14 core planets and completely ignored sectors.

and don't get me started on resettling costing influence, I can transport armies so big they could probably populate a planet all by themselves but moving some of my slaves from one world to another costs me? Fuck you Parajews

So since we're all in agreement the game is a somewhat of a disappointment that has a lot of potential going for it, how easy is it to mod this shit? Say on a scale of Hearts of Iron 2 event creation to Idea-Guy-Actually-Doing-Work.

I know that this is about Space nations and all that, but it's related to gsg games, so I might as well ask around.

So I downloaded the new world order Mod on Vicky 2, but it isn't working. Whenever I click on the game, it doesn't give me the window with the choice of mod. So here's what I did so far:

1. Download NWO.zip
2. Extracted NWO.zip
3. Copied the NWO mod folder and NWO video(?) file from the NWO extracted file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Victoria 2 HOD v3.03\mod

That's it! And that shit won't run. What do?

Can you do that in Stellaris?

WE WUZ SPACE KANGZ N SHEEET
DEM CTAN DONE STOLE OUR TEKNOLOGY

It's supposed to be their easiest game to mod.

Adding to this, I think internal politics could be much better.

Not just Factions which aggressively attempt to assert their gains, but also political parties (in the appropriate government forms) which represent different ethos, sectors, races, etc, and attempt to peacefully garner support for their agendas amongst the populace.

Democracies should have legislatures such as in Victoria II, where governmental reforms and such must be passed through the various possible houses:

Oligarchies should have councils of elites which represent different interests:

Autocracies should have powerful elites to deal with:

Sectors redone

I could do a writeup of Holla Forums's complaints/suggestions and post it to the Paradox forums if you guys would like. All in all, I think Stellaris is a good but barren game with lots of potential.

WE WUZ PRETTY N SHIEET BUT THEM OLD ONES BE RACYSS

They'd just ban you.

Why would you not just extract the zip directly to the mod folder?

in various videos online, they said that by extracting the folder itself, the game won't find the mod file. They all did it this way so I went along

Well I know what I'm doing this weekend then.

A ban would be a good end, bad end would be you'd have your post set to the top of the board while the entire legion of cucks laugh at you and tell you to go make your own game if you're so great while patting each other on the back.

Thats cute user, but you'd be banned within moments

I was expecting something like that with Stellaris, when they first talked about ethos. After all, internal politics is a huge part of space governance, even with xenos around. Endless Space 2 looks like it's doing something much better.

You can do a writeup if you want, it's your own time. Link it back here, it'll be fun for a few laughs.

You're naively optimistic if you think that will result in anything but a ban.

It's intentionally made that way. The potential is DLC.

Go for it user. I was going to post on the forums too but I haven't actually played the game, just listened to other people, so I can't really lend credence to my ideas and argue properly.

I don't recall how much the creators pay attention to the forums, but enough people listening in and agreeing can make a change.

Why even suggest doing it though if you don't care about it getting nowhere kek.

You guys think the game has no content? Try playing as a liberal democracy. If you don't make war, nobody ever attacks you, and you can easily rush to get to be the biggest empire from uncolonised worlds. Then there's literally nothing to do.

Compare other 4X type games where if you try to be peaceful the AI will invade you, or you might be tempted by something someone else has. Here, nothing, especially considering that even if you conquer a nice world you'll just have to put it in a sector anyway and never see it again.

I wasn't discouraging you. In fact I think the response would be material to be shared in /gsg/ threads for years to come in mockery.
Please do it.

Yeah, the AI does nothing. The map barely changed, only had one AI declare war on me. I was begging for a crisis just for it to be dull and boring as fuck as well.

Wew, what a time to be alive. Though, it doesn't even deserve a 6 or whatever they gave it.

Do you guys know a way I could solve this

I would have gone on /gsg/ but it's usually very slow there and you guys seem to know a bit about Paradox games.

L weapons can't do shit against corvettes and bombers so a fleet that has too many battleships going with L wepaons will get raped.

I think the ratio you want to go for it like 1:2:7:12

everything else tho I agree with

woops meant to quote this

What every one is missing is that the gave is nothing more than a shell of a game for added DLC and mods.

And for what it is it's a fantastic fucking shell.

D I N G
I
N
G

Go back to your forums, Jewhan.

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that, it was an IGN review that was 100% right. Maybe 6/10 is too much but considering it's technically competent and pretty you can't expect them to say it's unplayable. Much respect for that review.

And lol at the shills in the comments like 'omg, did you even play it? i've played it for 40,000 hours already!'

I'm probably going back to EUIV after this. For now, I'm gonna try and mod the fuck out of it to see if it gets somewhat salvageable.

fucking kike go home to your oven you hooked nose fink

A cool endgame scenario I'd love is for the stars in the galaxy to slowly start to go out destroying all the planets inside. If the speed is just right then the fight for the dwindling good stars will be intense.

user no
join us in victoria II, it's fun here

That could be cool, you could have unique nihilism/hedonism events too (like your empire collapses because everybody just goes off to have orgies before they die), or you could try to ascend to the next place of existence to survive.

I haven't played Victoria II since it looks frighteningly difficult.

I'll give it a shot, I guess.

Sorry, I honestly have no idea, I haven't played it and I completly forgot this existed after the announcement trailer. I was just inspired to make new oc

There needs to be more than just military crises though. Don't get me wrong, fighting shit is fun but every time? Why even roll a pacifist race.

It's easier if you play a capitalist country instead of socialist

Well, if you're sure. It'll be funny to see the responses you get.

Here's my recap to help :

General

>early game is actually pretty fun

Administration

Warfare

Diplomacy

I didn't mean that you should never build corvettes once you get battleships, but that when you choose ship parts, it's nearly always better to go with bigger due to the increased range/damage.

What do you even do in this game?

I made a federation with four nearby civs and there aren't any actual options to do anything with that, all it is is a counter that tells me when the next civ in the federation takes over as leader.

So far, I'm 12 hours into a game of "Find the blobs and watch them expand"

I'm enjoying it but…where's the game? Is it just random events?

Just have cruisers with point-defense and flak cannons.

Have you ever played a Paradox game before this?

Agreed, I was the liberal democracy guy (I want to build the culture, so sue me) but there's not enough non military stuff to even build on I don't think. Elections are utterly meaningless, there's no internal politics, no political systems besides democracy vs autocracy, even if you take slaves doesn't seem to matter in terms of empires.

Paradox games aren't perfect by a long stretch but the other at least have more to do than this. You can't avoid war, internal conflict, etc, here there's nothing.

The midgame should be having to deal with faction conflicts and pop up civ events.

Are there any internal civ events at all that happen?

CK2, had a lot more depth than this so far, which is kind of why I'm not sure what to expect with Stellaris. I mean at least CK2 had the pokemon aspect of breeding the strongest dynasty or whatever. But CK2 also had an end date so you had something to work towards.

So I'm just meant to conquer the galaxy and that's it? It just goes on forever while I make blobs merge?

It's not too hard.

Good factories for the early game are glass and liquor (glass feeds liquor, there's shittons of grain in every country so you don't have to worry about input for liquor too much, and everyone drinks liquor because that's how you cope with life in the 19th century). Cement's good too, it's cheap as hell to make, sells for a lot, and is a cheap factory. It's also something you'll need, since you need it to build things. Steel is good to have for that reason, too, but steel is unprofitable because the economy is fucking retarded.

Military factories aren't super profitable (unless other countries with shitty industry are at war), but they guarantee a steady supply of ammo, guns, etc. Factories that have military worth that don't appear to at first are canned food (feeds troops), liquor (used to build a few troops), and wine (used to build cavalry units), but most are fairly obvious things like fuel, guns, explosives, etc.

If you can put reactionaries in power when you're trying to start your industry, do it. State Capitalism kicks ass because it lets you build factories. Later in the game, Interventionism is fine too. Laissez-faire is poo poo doo doo shitty shit garbage, because industries that aren't profitable but are necessary to your country (like steel and arms production) will go bankrupt, both screwing you out of needed things and putting lots of people out of work. This is bad.

In the early game, use your national focus to get intellectuals/clergy. It'll increase your research rate and literacy (which also increases research rate). This is doubly important if you picked a country with shit literacy, like Brazil.

Politics is fun. Seriously, the game has a genuine internal politics system that doesn't suck dick.

Not at all, so far as I can see. I only ever had like 0.1% non loyalists the whole game before I conquered half my neighbour out of boredom (and their former citizens wanted to rejoin)

I feel you user, I always like playing trade empires.

Pretty much, yes. It's quite a shame but what can you do in its current state, hopefully mods will do some good here.

Speaking of mods, I haven't been able to progress much into the game so far simply due to lack of time and restarting some six times to try out different options, but from what I'm understanding slaves are an issue in that having them offers the player no negative to counterbalance the positives.

Would you guys be willing to try a system in which slaves openly and frequently revolt and destroy shit on planets that lack a substantial defensive garrison, say one Garrison per one Slave pop for a start? If a slave revolts and there is not enough Garrisons to put them down, then the tile they were working on gets destroyed and becomes a tile blocker, preferably a more expensive custom version to really drive it in, while certain ethics and governments such as Materialists would have random events that constantly migrate Slaves from one planet to another that you can't refuse, simply because the industry barons demand more workforce in one sector and so on?

Just brainstorming some, I believe, easy to implement ideas before I get into trying on the mod tools this weekend.

No, the game has two wincons

I only asked because the games prior to this also feature mostly just random events to stir up blobbing, but there's a lot of times where you're just ticking the clock. Sounds worse for Stellaris though.

I had non loyalists when I took over a gaia world with xenos on it. I moved one of them to another world to see what would happen. Then I moved it back. But I couldn't move the partially filled xeno pop so it just stayed there taking up a spot forever lol.

The faction stuff doesn't seem like it was done at all which is weird since in the videos I saw of it in development it seemed there was a bunch of factions in a civ.

I liked the game tbh but they def overhyped it.

I wouldn't say overhyped, it feels more like the team working on it had a pretty solid goal and were making decent progress, then our friendly neighbourhood blonde and blue-eyed Aryan Swede came in and started shitting all over the place like he did with EU4

Garrisons are the auto-generated defense armies that you get one of for every pop on the planet (that isn't tied up in an assault or defense army). It'd be sweet to have to build defense armies to keep slaves in line, though.

No I mean they definitely went all out with marketing. It's not an accident it's their most popular release.

I thought the systems were much more developed than they currently are. Mostly in regards to diplomacy and internal factions which seemed to be one of the selling points in a paradox 4x.

Sounds interesting. I thought it weird that the fox people I enslaved were so docile even without a single Terran on their entire planet to hold the whip.

This would kill all the slaves too, though. Just make any enslaved pops who break free give a substantial happiness malus to neighboring pops, so that any revolts not put down quickly can snowball into a planetwide rebellion.

This, however, doesn't seem very fun.

Slave revolts weren't implemented in time for release so being a fanatic collectivist is currently the best way to play

All this Stellaris talk reminds me of when SotS 2 came out. People would shit all over Kerberos, but now here we have Stellaris. And there are people actually defending Paradox.

Bewilderment.

Disgusting

Shows how well I know the game, eh? I actually meant Defensive Armies but assumed they were intertwined in a major way. If possible, I'm curious if it would be a good idea to increase - or add, if needed - supply requirements for Defensive Armies if they are on a planet with Slaves. Say if you have one Slave and one Defensive the later consumes an extra food and energy to represent salaries and the like, for a total of 1 extra food and energy. Two Slaves and two Defensive will consume an extra 2 food and energy for a total of 3 extra food and energy (1/1 for first combo, 2/2 for second combo) and so on.

Killing the Pop is what I had in mind since it would be the best way to represent them "escaping". If possible I'd also like to introduce an event where by having a military vessel in the planets Orbit will allow you to direct resources away from Research in order to recapture the lost slaves, a success giving you back a pop that is already tagged as slave. Failure would of course result in loss of Leaders and - potentially - ships. If its possible to incorporate Armies within events then the loss of an Army(s) instead of ships.

It's to counterbalance the issue of Materialists having almost no real downside mostly and to add further variety and flavour to the game in that department. I can see how it will become annoying but I think with enough fine-tuning, it can work.

Another idea I'd like to throw out is the implementation of a new building that can only be built on the factions Capital worlds that grant a +1 limit to direct control over planets at the cost of a tile and population, while getting no adjacency bonuses. Have it represent extended bureaucracy - complete with energy cost and whatnot - and allow people to create their Capital into a proper Metropolis that is supposed to be the central hub of an empire instead of just a flavor thing - as I feel it is at the moment.

The difference, I think, is that Stellaris is not a bad game, just a sort of empty one. There are some neat features such as uplifting species, but it's also missing a lot of things which really should have been added from the start like trade and espionage.

And there should be more portraits, because if I'm playing as humans from Sol and I encounter humans calling themselves "Tumbator" from some weird ice planet it breaks my immersion.

I'm really looking forward to pirating the expansions.

Fair enough mate, if you think you can do it and make it fun then go ahead.

Yes please, I want my capital to turn into a city world like Coruscant, Trantor, or Holy Terra. There should be some way to increase planet size, balanced so that it's only useful if you want to build lots of administration on it.

Also you can't make orbital colonies which is a super big let down.

where is my spacer faction. Where is the colony v homeworld civil wars !!!!!

I'd love to upgrade a world into like the harkonnen world which is just factories and pollution

That was the main idea behind it, along with the fact nobody likes the current limitation implemented as it's fucking stupid as shit. I wonder if its possible to edit the game assets in any conceivable way so that you can actually make the planets look like Metropolises from space instead of letting them keep their original look. Knowing Paradox however, it's going to be as impossibly autistic as it was with all their other games which is a shame.

Never ever is when. Although it's definitely an interesting idea, I'd imagine Spiritualists - especially Fanatical ones - would be most susceptible to this if you can code their Governors to be direct Heir's of the current leader / church branch leaders so you would disincentive mass colonization for that type of faction unless you run Collectivism. It would also be interesting to see if you can mod something akin to Luther for them.

That's another possibility for Metropolises. You can have something like Coruscant which looks like a giant metallic ball with spikes poking out of it - relatively clean and aesthetically pleasing - or something polluted as shit. It would require a fair bit of work to implement for each possible type of race but placeholder textures for most of its life would serve a purpose.

They'll sell it to you like they've already been doing with character portraits and troops art.

I mean, I kinda hope they will since it means you can somewhat easily modify them, unlike provinces. I'm a filthy pirate anyway so why do I care?

If you're pirating, you can't play multiplayer right? The only thing Stellaris has over games like Distant Worlds is it has multiplayer. So I don't understand why you're playing at all.

wtf is going on? is this some weird new shitty meme or something?
Stellaris is the best fucking strategy game in space since years even the most causal faggot couldn't argue with that

Yeah they probably gotta implement shit like espionage but saying that the game has no trade while I practically sustained my entire demand for minerals half a game by trading with the merry spacemerchants is just fucking retarded

also whoever thinks that the game is lacking mid/endgame content appears to be unable to use common sense to unite his forces against superior federations

that game is fucking delicious, especially since it really has a feel of demographic development be it with ai-rebellions or the question if you want implement conquered space-niggers in your empire

but then again even if you dont like it there are only few games that are even easier to mod than those built on clausewitz-engine so just get on your notepad++ you casual troglodytes

Games great and it has all possible ambitions to become even better

I don't really like playing these type of games with random chucklefucks either and I don't have a stable roster of friends to play with - not to mention most of Holla Forums will forget about this sooner rather than later and it would simply become another fun thing to play with others like Nobunaga's Ambition was God bless Char and his Night Attacks

If a great mod appears or if Paradox patches in lots of shit, I'd probably buy it on major sale though.

okay?

Did you not understand what I was asking? Why pirate a bad game when you can pirate good ones.

Oh, you're one of those.

Read the thread, we've already gone over why it's a mediocre game with potential.

Governmental treaties =/= trade

Because I already played those and I kinda enjoy this as well? Plus I'm a dirty fucking casual so this is a semi-decent springboard to get me in the groove to give Distant Worlds another try.

you can trade energy/minerals

I mean that's like the only useful thing you can do with energy when it caps is to trade it for more minerals

>You can't trade resources for units or certain technology Inb4 research agreements which every faction in the game wants to be your ally before they even think about it

Inb4 "mods/patches will fix it"

I'm still having fun with the game though, it really feels like it's your guys doing things

Why do you need to play a game to try out another? That doesn't make sense. Their two seperate things. It's not like playing a completely different game will make you magically enjoy the other.

Why do people play games that are subpar to games that are already out. I'll never understand this. It happens all the time at fighting tournaments. I remember something about bitching about how smashfags can play melee, but the other groups have to play their newest one. Why wouldn't you just play the better game outside of marketing it? Why play Street Fighter 5 when you can play Street Fighter games that are obviously better than it like 3rd Strike or whatever it is the one SF people like. Makes no sense to me.

Game is decently fun, it's just Wasted Potential : Paradox Edition

Because your an autist m8. Stellaris is definitely sub-par when compared to SOTS or DW but that doesn't automatically make it a shit game. It has plenty of issues to take the piss on and make fun of, but just saying the two aforementioned games are better doesn't automatically make it bad. Just saying SOTS or DW is better makes it at worst mediocre when the issues the game has make it worse than mediocre.

Because Stellaris is casual as shit and even someone as shit at 4X can do semi-decently in it so it's a semi-decent springboard to get into the genre before jumping to more complex games and unlearning the bad habits.

But it does. If I buy a car I always buy the better one. If I buy produce I always buy the better produce. Is there a secret rule about games where being dumb with your money doesn't make you stupid?

And there are better casual 4x's on the market as well.

Reading this thread, it seems that way.
I am a huge sucker for anything featuring your dudes though, so I'm probably still going to buy it when it goes on sale.

It's about the taste.
While Stellaris may not quite have the gameplay depth of SOTS, it does let you play as your dudes, which is enough to earn it a spot on the top sellers list.

Way to go faggot. In all seriousness, I did say I'd buy this on sale - as in, for like five to ten dollars at a maximum if the DLC is included in the bundle since I have my fun with it. I'd hardly call that wasting money.

I'm not even sure what you're referring with when you mention dudes.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Your_Dudes

Taste has no value outside of what you decide to buy at a restaurant due to genetics. Video games aren't a genetic trait.

Spending any amount of money on poor decisions is wasting money.

If I enjoyed a product and I'm willing to pay it's actual Dollar-To-Content value - as in five to ten bucks - to support a decent initiative from a company without supporting the Silverstein-tier DLC milking can it be considered wasted money? You can argue that spending money on a product you can get for free is wasted money but that's an entire shitshow that's been discussed to death these past 14 years or so on these boards

Ah, that. The game has very little "Your Dudes" type of stuff going on though, at least from what I played. Mostly superficial than anything else.

Also, what does this have to do with not buying rotten produce that is more than likely grown locally. Of course you buy the cheapest too, I don't understand what you're even saying.

You also said you pirate, so if you're whole "get the best for the cheapest" stuff is valid for you, why are you pirating a game that is subpar when you can pirate a better product?

You contradict yourself.

I just watched LoGH for the 3rd time and im in the mood to larp. Skimming through the thread it looks like this game isnt all there yet. So should i just pirate DW:U or see what Polaris Sector is about?

More or less, yes. Alternatively you can try and learn Aurora and take your autism to a whole new level.

Nigga I'm way too tired to understand a quarter of the shit you're saying, so my bad if I'm contradicting myself or saying stupid shit. Basic idea, if I enjoy a game, I'm willing to shell a few bucks out for it if it's on sale and I played the superior games as well - doesn't mean I can't play this one as well and have some fun with it.

Ye autist.

if you want LoGH then DW:U, Polaris a shit

From the 1.0.2 patch notes:
Why even bother building robots now unless they made the bonus to mineral production way higher than 10%.

I feel like a god

just like real life

I got one from hitting my core planet cap, though that might have had more to do with the stone-age natives I enslaved instead of putting on a reservation or something.
Also, dealing with repats is a fucking pain.

are enigmatic observers the biggest ass-pulls in the game besides the broken crises?

That's fucking hilarious.

This user has the right idea. Throw away the ritalin and embrace the spreadsheets.

Don't give em any more ideas for DLC than they already have.

go to common/defines/00_defines.lua

fine CORE_SECTOR_PLANET_CAP and change the value to 10
and SECTOR_REVOKE_PLANET_COST and change it to 0

important: do this in notepad++, regular notepad doesn't support the formatting and the game will crash

new development regarding the defines editing.

turns out you can fix the AI by changing one value.

doubling the base aggressiveness value makes the AI be more active in everything. declaring wars, making alliances, trading, basically fixing the "passivity" people complain about.

the best thing is that it doesn't even make everyone a warmonger, but they will still follow their personalities. so militant AIs will now actually go out of their way to fuck with you and pacifist AIs will go out of their way to make alliances etc.

it's paradox made the game just fine but nobody in their office played it and they just randomly picked some values because they had to release it.

There's tons of variables for stuff that is obviously wrong, which makes it seem they intentionally made the game shit.

For example, spiral galaxy generates spiral arms completely unconnected by hyperspace lines which gimps hyperdrives into oblivion, but with a small tweak to the galaxy generation file to make the arms slightly wider and fuzzier generates some lines between the arms while still retaining the strategical spiral form.

Nah, they played it, but only big LAN matches that are completely different from the experience 95% of players will have.

i'm playing on 600 star 4 arms galaxy right now and all the arms have several hyperlane connections between each other including at the far end of the arm (only a single arm doesn't have it)

granted i haven't played a huge galaxy yet so maybe the generation doesn't scale the arms well enough for hyperlanes but it could just be a shitty rng during generation.

i don't think they made it intentionally shit but it seems clear they didn't playtested it well, and you could actually be right that the reason for it is that they only tested in multiplayer which makes a lot of thing different (for example passive AIs help there so players don't get rekt immediately by a bad start but obviously if you're playing sp you don't care about that and want the AI make waves in the galaxy since there are no players to do it themselves)

Weird, I test generated a few galaxies, and the arms were almost solely connected from the center of the galaxy and a few time from the very tip, making hyperdrives in a mixed galaxy completely unplayable.

Some of the poorly done stuff can be explained with the needs of multiplayer, but they might also have not just given enough shit. Modern Paradox intention to make these games "fair" really goes against the thing I like in gsgs that not everything is fair. France fucks shit up, Britain rules the waves and little countries get annihilated if they get uppity, that's just how things are.

here's a screen of the galaxy, i would say that aside from the top left where the lanes should connect this is pretty much perfect distribution for hyperdrivers.

that said, this my only 4 arm galaxy game yet and got the mapping tech as a wormhole nation. it's entirely possible this is the best case scenario and other times the generation will go full retard, i can't tell because i haven't played enough.

i think if stellaris should be praised for anything it's the balance of the ftl methods because they seem to work really well together

Well, little shits using warpdrive colonizing in middle of my important hyperspace lines is pretty annoying, but that propably is bad only because the AI refuses to do anything but occupy space without the tweak above.

>Nids show up

What's the point where a civ turns Friendly?

I need to check if I can vassalize a smaller race, who's currently stuck at +73 opinion total and as of now are cordial cunts.

I'm playing ironman so it's sort of hard to tell what I actually can do to heighten their opinion w/o guaranteeing independence and fucking myself up the ass. I'm over twice his size.

AI doesn't have a deeply_concerned script for the Happenings and just blankly observes as the imba blob slowly rolls towards them, eh?

That's our Paradox!

The newest hotfix still seems to be .2, so you are just retarded beyond believe.

I'm not autistic enough for this shit.

The newest hotfix is 1.02, yea. No torrent for that I can find.

Like I said you are just brainless fucktard.

Fucking retards building Abominable Intelligence. Not even once.

It's not our fault you're too retarded to find it

when blue blob goes rampant all civs in the galaxy actually get +200 relations for mutual threat (could be against any threat, not just crisis but not sure).

the problem is rather that since there isn't an active war with the blob, the AIs don't do shit to cooperate.

another problem is that when you have 2 different alliances or federations, they basically have to somehow disband first before you can get both of them to cooperate

Always intervene with AI rebellions.

Does the mega work?

Great I have a space empire of cucks.

I know that now.

In my new game I found a race of lizards and infiltrates their society. After integrating them I genetically modified them for pure combat and they are now my slave shock troops to prevent the loss of human lives. They can go toe to toe with robots easily.

I keep their number low and in check to prevent a servile war.

Inshallah.

I wonder, can you infiltrate proper space empires with your own people? For example, you might want to send a swarm of your, rather belligerent, dudes into a xenophile empire so it gets tons of rebellions from within.

What are you? A cuck? I bet you think xenos are people and don't enslave them too?

Also Steam Workshop Downloader doesn't work with Stellaris mods for some reason, does it?

yes, just get immigration access from the empire

Installed this. Goodbye world, i regret nothing.

I'm really disappointed this turned out to be a shekel squeeze and/or a dud.

Oh, it's not a dud. It's their fastest-selling game to date.

Shekel squeeze? Definitely. Expect to have to pay for trade/espionage (the latter having been scrapped out in development, ie. it was supposed to be in the game).

But we know better than that, don't we?

Why is it so satisfying to play as space Hitler?

Goddamn crushing xenos under my Iron boot, enslaving them, and dooming them to extinction by preventing their reproduction is so goddamn satisfying.

It's what humans are meant to do. Destined to do.

There really should be a 'sterilize' option alongside purge.

You can forbid the slaves to breed

Without enslaving them. Like you are the benevolant space empire accepting the lowly xenos among your empire but in fact you secretly sterilize them over time slowly taking over.

Like thay stargate episode.

corvettes are still useful late game, if you have the top tier defensive chip or the psi chip it ups your evade chance to 60%, put an admiral with the cautious trait on the fleet (I actually have a guy with the 15% evade and the 5% evade+20% speed and weapon fire rate), and watch your enemy's accuracy drop below 25%. They target the corvettes first, but they can evade well enough to hold their own and let your capships hit theirs with impunity.

There's a nation of space furries a couple doors down from me that's almost half humans, and in fact their leader right now is a human. The problem I'm having right now is I can't purge synthetics when I capture machine consciousness worlds because I'm individualist+xenophile, which means I have to just bomb the fuck out of them from orbit, and that takes a long-ass time. My empire also just passed the

SWEDEN YES

Just because Holla Forums is edgy and loves dictatorships doesn't mean you have to slobber the knob of the least effective governments in the history of mankind.

Xenophile is full cuck, though.

when did Paradox turn into Bethesda

Whobin their right mind roll xenophile?

It's the best way to end up with a lot of factions who decide to fuck your shit up in the middle of a war.

leftists of course!

Does anyone know any effective way to deal with energy shortages?

This shit is seriously constraining my growth.

I really want to continue to add to my 21 planets.

Every xeno will be enslaved and then purged until only humanity is left.

Leftism is a disease.

Also it normal that since I improved humanity genetically it consider them another race for the xenophobe trait?

I know humanity doesn't need improvement but I just want to live longer.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-feels-like-a-game-made-by-ea.930339/

Notice the likes/dislikes.

there's no reason to ever post on a main forum for a game unless you are going to cuck for them. I've gone to the paradox forums for years in order to get mods and have not once posted

Well he went looking for it. Tje only way now to have an honest discussion is if everyone is anonymous with no like and dislike button around.

user, you misunderstand me. It's not that dumbfuck people are totally great at ruling themselves. It's that there's no reason why dumbfuck nobility is any better, and plenty of reasons why they're worse. At least my way prevents some dumbass from getting on top of things because of luck and then fucking everyone for no reason.

How is he not banned yet?

I get the feeling you wouldn't be glorifying absolutist states on the internet if you actually had the misfortune to be born in one. You wouldn't be free to criticize the system as profoundly as you are right now in such a society.

Because 42% of the forums agree with him. That's too many to silence with bans.

On the one hand we have a class that's been raised from birth in the arts of statecraft and warcraft and whose guaranteed place in society and multigenerational investment in it disinclines them from viewing politics as an opportunity to merely take what they can grab and run for the hills and on the other we have bread and circuses. Democratists are dumbfuck sheep who are begging to be fleeced.

I'm going to get a good laugh when his DLC prediction comes out true.

I'm going to laugh when his DLC prediction comes wrong because they're even more expensive than he guessed.

The number of people justifying DLCs is always sad. At least it is a good reason to always pirate Paradox games.

EU4's last "big" DLC costs 20 bucks, so it is very likely.

If you want a picture of the future of vidya, imagine a hand reaching into your wallet — forever.

:^)

At least I pirated it.

Fixed that for you

So basically your argument boils down to "people are too stupid to make their own decisions, therefore they should all do what I say".

We don't live up to our ideals like we should, but that doesn't mean those ideals are bad or wrong. That said, the West is far more free than any other civilization on the planet, which is part of why Western culture is so superior and dominant.

I don't know what you're talking about, anons. All of EUIV's DLCs are free last time I checked :^)

Right now a good chunk of my countrymen are going to the polls and saying that they'd vote for Hillary, who wouldn't even be good at being a corrupt president. Yes these people are too stupid to be allowed a say in national politics.

Some author described democracy the same way.

People claim that we were close, but especially in the last hundred and more years we have been getting very far from the said ideals. The governments are getting bigger by the day and now they even using the social media to censor and direct the way we should think better than ever before without even trying to hide it at this point. If there is no revolt soon the freedom you speak of will just be an illusion of a choice, if it is not already too late. There is no need to pat yourself on the back and say how much better we are than some other places, which is not entirely even true. You can go to some poor Asian countries and actually have more freedom than we do now. At least they get more investments directed their way.

EU4 costs ~250 dollars/euro currently on steam.

People's mind are now shapped by social medias. The average normalfag is dumber than a sheep.

I'd say it's more a case of our system being designed to fail with 'first past the post' voting, along with the corrupting influence of big business which ensures that the government only caters to a wealthy elite.

But an autocratic system would cater to that same elite regardless. The difference is that we don't have a Great Firewall preventing us from accessing free speech sites like 8ch, and you won't have the FBI kick down your door at 3 in the morning to arrest you for "crimes against the state".

Agreed for the most part.

Which Asian countries are you thinking of?

*tips fedora*

I too, am superior to everyone else!

My family raised sheep for a while. Biggest reason we'd lose them was that they'd drown themselves in the stream, so I'd say it's all much the same.

Service guarantees Citizenship.

No, you'll just get slapped with a gag order and continually harassed until you fall in line.

If you are a well educated person making good money you can do fine and be very free in a lot of "shithole countries." Part of it is because of course you will be that much richer than everyone else and the opinion of others don't really matter. Cambodian is an example of a place I have heard a lot of positive opinions of. Living in the country of The Punisher will most likely be interesting too.

Fanatic Individualist, Spiritualist, Theocratic Republic master race.

larry niven pls go

If you're in Southeast Asia, go for Bangkok. Though you can't criticize the king. Singapore's up to Western standards of living, but is also more than a little totalitarian and is EXPENSIVE AS FUCK.