It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Two articles, both repeating the same shlock: Bamco claims that poise, while appearing to be turned off, is not in fact a bug, but working correctly, though only situationally. neither of the articles go into detail as to how it actually works, which leads me to the obvious conclusion that Bamco won't admit they fucked up.

archive.is/jFAbp
archive.is/NaPzb

Am I beating a dead horse here or does anyone actually know what this shit is supposed to do? Also,

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119101543484/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Soooooo… what's this poise bug?
I havent noticed anything weird on poise in the game.
Is it only a PvP thing or does it happen with mobs or something?

breaking news: worst fromsoftware game still bug ridden shit

Estoc is Bestoc.
Also I do not consider it spamming if I use roll to dodge enemies initiations and get few free hits in and dodge again or occasionally parry.

Pat pls go.

Honestly, I'd like to know how this is BAMCO'S fuckup. I didn't know they developed the game but you keep blaming BAMCO. Someone fill me in here.

Well if it's a feature it's a shit one, which unsurprisingly makes DS3 a shit game.

I guess B team was involved after all.

I assume nobody really wanted to make the game in the first place.

In the simplest terms: Dark Souls 1 poise had stagger threshholds for tiers of weapons based on how much poise you had.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 use "hyper armor" frames for certain attacks with certain types of weapons. Otherwise, nobody knows what the fuck poise does, if anything.

Bamco is the one speaking up on the claimed error, not fromsoft. That's why the spotlight is on them at the moment.

who's pat?

Miyazaki is the new kojima in terms of deified 'can do no wrong, for that is the realm of we mortal men' pedestal hero worship.

but poise doesn't effect hyper armor

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 confirmed for only good Souls games ever?

dark souls 1 is a 6/10
which is technically better than average i guess

Bloodbornes bretty fukken gud but its got a few mechanical choices that make it sub demons tier.

That's the problem; If it doesn't have to do with hyper armor, what does it do? That's the big bad bug. Why does it have a 0 and 1 value in the config files? Dead, leftover code?

This seems like the sort of problem that would come about due to time restrictions put in place by a publisher.

Poise does what it did in Dark Souls 1. It's just turned off, that's what the 0 in the config file is.

Were they planning on nobody reading it other then hipster cucks that don't play vidya anyway?

You misunderstand, I know that's what it does if turned on. But it's not, as it doesn't function that way in-game. So why are they saying it's "working correctly" situationally?

because they hate strength builds and wish they never put that stat in the games

doesnt excuse how all the ingame worldbuilding is fan service for ds1 or set up for the season pass.

But im sure the miyazaki faithful can boost the narrative where a CEO is a poor, unwilling hostage to the demon king bamco!

I'm only talking about poise. That's what the thread is about. I have plenty of other problems with DaS3.

Aldrich eating gwyndolin was actually a metaphor for bamco exploiting fromsoft after they got visions of how deep in the black their bank account could go thanks to dank souls

>final boss asks you if you riked it

They got the gaijin money, anyone not expecting outsourced dark souls sequels, prequels and spin offs forever is crazy.

by 2019 i bet good money bamco will put out "world of dark souls" and fromsoft will have nothing to do with it.

what a shitty end for the series, at least this will mean they really wont make more of these and will go back to AC already

WEW LAD

bad taste or br8 b8?

you decide

i like to judge games by how good they are and not how much i like them, but you can do whatever you want, user

none of these games are obscure
and besides, dark souls 2 is the best one of all

it has the best gameplay
that automatically makes it the best game
the other ones might be better experiences or whatever the fuck you want to call it, but i honestly don't give a fuck about that

what config files?

nah the gameplay is garbage. You have absolute shit taste.

no u

How about some cohesive argument instead of acting like a child. Every other Souls/Borne game has incredibly overpowered and underpowered styles of play, in addition to all of them having less new features than Dark Souls 2.
Also, all the covenants in that game work, and it has the best PvP. "But muh soul memory" You get constant online interaction anyway, cutting the skim off didn't do dick.

Stop samefagging.

It seems no one on this site can separate in their heads a description of what is objectively the case from mere fanboyism. It's nice to finally end this retarded and pointless discussion though.

Why don't you prove yourself right first?

Gentlemen, this post is a rare insight into the mind of an autist.

I just did? Can you not read at all?

Wish they would clarify what it does. As far as I can tell it does nothing, but what do I know right? I was dumb enough to buy this piece of shit.

It does what it did in Dark Souls 1, it's just turned off.
They're just bullshitting, people online have long since proved what it does.

This better be bait.

You can't compare the auto-spin turtling SHOCKWAVE mess that is DS2 with something fast, fluid, and fun like Bloodborne.

VS

The discussion which should have been going on from the start is about whether or not the poise changes are a good thing. Unfortunately that discussion never got off the ground because everyone was shitting themselves over whether or not it was a bug.

all the shockwaves got fixed it's your fault for buying modern games at launch you know better than that

also, bloodborne is more like

Doesn't seem like you did at all to me. At least because covenants are all failures since the multiplayer has always been dead.

FUCK y'all niggas

Das1 = BB > DeS = DaS3 >>> DaS2

that's outright false and you shouldn't spread misinformation
even now it's easier to in 2 as a blue than it is in 3

We can begin and end the discussion about the current state of the poise system right here: It's shit, regardless if it's intended or not.

Of course it's a "feature" you goddamn retards
It isn't some bug that made it accidentally not work, they literally just turned it the fuck off
Which means that they built in a switch to turn it the fuck off, and then flipped that switch
Which means it's intentional
It's not a bug, From is just bad at balancing anything and chose the nuclear option when it became clear they couldn't fix it before launch

to invade in 2, rather

this is pretty much how i feel
i like to think that they'll patch it in one day but who knows

Miyazaki already stated that he dislikes the sword'n'board style of DS, hence why BB had no shields. Too bad they couldn't or wouldn't implement a shieldless system into DS3.

they made tons of weapons that are two weapons when two handed
it's their own fault they can't balance for shit and you have a higher AR without doing that

Also, the other thing FROM never learned it seems: Don't fucking fix what isn't broken. We've had three games and three different systems for hollowing now. Just throwing that out there.

Enemies in Bloodborne stop dropping vials the more you kill them, so you can't really farm blood vials efficiently that way. You'll never run low as long as you aren't overusing, and when you do run out you can just spend the echoes to buy some new ones.

Really, anyone who talks about farming blood vials in Bloodborne is a moron.

Yep, a moron.

More like "too bad the dev made his personal tastes more important than game design" which is obviously due to his massive ego.

Shields have nothing to do with poise

what? they had to lower damage in bloodborne like they did in dark souls 1, enemy damage scales to you
and that shit you're saying 100% does not happen especially considering you can raise your item discovery later in the game, further encouraging farming for items
are you seriously implying that a game where "wanna pvp? have fun with chalice dungeons" is superior to a game that doesn't have that, where weapons and builds in general are far more balanced?

Enabling poise would make pvp decent.
Right now only dex stunlock weapons and hyper armor iron slabs are viable.

No, you dork, but BB had quickstepping and ranged parrying to help you deal with enemies while DS3 has jack shit against R1 spammers and stunlocks.

The covenants in DaS3 are indeed inexplicably retarded.

Two of them are completely identical for some reason, except for the fact that one of them seems to get you summoned at a fraction of the rate of the other one.

Rosaria's Fingers is a masochistic slog since you are virtually always fighting 1v3 against two summons or even 1v4 sometimes due to the bias in the red eye orb matchmaking. This means that the feeling of surprising a host caught in a bad situation is almost never there and the excitement of being invaded whilst alone is also gone.

Watchdogs of Farron and Aldrich Faithful are just copies of the Forest Hunters but now in two different locations. Neither are particularly fun, because Watchdogs, like the Darkmoons, never get summoned, and as an Aldrich Faithful you more often than not end up summoned to same cancerous fight club.

Oh, and almost all of the covenant rewards are trash. Mound-makers is the only new idea present amongst the covenants, and it's no surprise that it's the only decent one.

What do IDs have to do with anything? You replied to my post and I responded to you.

how about you all play a good game where you can dismember a guy's arm and then beat him to death with it?

Rune

Because I spent money on a game at launch like a retard and now I have to get my money's worth whether I like it or not.
At least ==some== of the lore is good, like how Rosaria is Gwynevere.

so is the broken covenants just 'features' too?

Vaati leave

of course user
blues are lonely because it contributes to the setting that good guys are scarce or something whatever

So you don't want to play Rune?

Do you like spiders? The spooky, animal types, not the shitty half woman type?

Play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Happened to me twice, so it is possible, just really rare.
Both times were in NG+ so that might effect it too.

This is just flat out factually untrue.

You can spend twenty minutes farming for blood vials, I'll have enough echoes to buy them by the hundreds in half the time.

Only losers have ever cared about PvP for anything besides griefing. And I certainly hope you're not talking about Dark Souls III when you say it's more balanced.

nigger you make bountiful sunlight with rosaria's soul
there is no bullshittery needed
did you not see all the cribs fucking everywhere?
did you not notice where the black eye orb worked?

Vaati leave

I thought Vaati left /vg/ for Reddit years ago anyway

Dark Souls 2's PvP has the best combat of any of those styles of games that they've made, including Demon's and Bloodborne

why do you play this purposefully ambiguous as fuck series if you don't like it at all
you leave, dumb nigger

Vaati leave

i liked DaS1 pvp the best
the revrolls
the deadangles
the toggles

I'm not saying it never happens and that the mechanic is therefore outright broken, just that the bias they've introduced towards hosts with phantoms already summoned is awful.

Also absent is anything resembling Gravelords and the Path of the Dragon.

DaS1 had broken and pointless covenants (way fo White, Princess Guard) but at least the covenents that did work in that game contributed to the experience rather than detracted from it.

And that's perfectly acceptable. I also like 1's PvP the most. But that doesn't make it the best.

Well, I'm glad Dark Souls II exists so that there's some sort of containment for serious business PvPfags

it had the most depth, the highest skill ceiling, and the most viable weapons

I'm surprised nobody has started a Dark Souls PvP league yet, to be honest.

Your first post simply stated it has the best gameplay, so the obvious response is going to be some form of "no".

Your opinion is shit and it's been stated a million times before why DS2 is a piece of garbage, and i'm not going to regurgitate those points.

Nope. And it only had the most depth and highest skill ceiling because of exploits like toggle parrying.

Nah, I'm a lorefag. I just also am good at viewing things objectively. Don't get me wrong, 2 was a big huge pile of shit in most other ways. But it had the best combat, both on and offline, due to the high number of equips and builds being viable, and the slightly better than usual balance. You'll notice I say it that way because most Souls games are about as well balanced as a DBZ fighting game. 2 was a little bit better than that, so that makes it the king of garbage.

They're all pieces of garbage in their own unique way, but 2 has the best combat.

combat =/= gameplay

wat?

You're right, 2 had the best exploration, too.
Exploration =/= level design.

Combat is the overwhelming majority of the gameplay

I don't really care, I use Light/Mid armor anyway so it doesn't matter.

That is true, but what he meant to say was 'combat mechanics'. The combat situations you are put into in DaS2 are often fucking terrible.

They're not that bad. They're just too often not very clever. There are still fun moments in 2 though, like those ninjas in the flexile sentry room in NG+.

It does actually. Poise breakpoints still exist for light armor.

How do your opinions just keep getting worse?

Level geometry, enemy placement and variety, boss fights, character customization are all equally important core parts of the game, to say nothing of the other peripheral parts like visual design and sound design. If combat was all these games had going for them they would be incredibly boring, even Bloodborne's expanded movesets are pretty shallow compared to a real action game.

Copy/Pasting enemies isn't good design.

It doesn't matter how you feel, there are a million ways to play Souls games, but now they've removed an entire aspect of character building. Whether you liked it or not, you also had a choice removed. Even if you ever wanted to make a poise character, you can't now.

The lockstones were fun, it had the best illusory wall placement, the best little neat things like lighting all the sconces in the first area, you could pay your way into an area with laddersmith gilligan if you were a skilled player and had extra souls to spend, it had the champion covenant which is the king of pve covenants, and it had the most complex npc quests because 3 shit the bed there, too. All those things are sorta exploratory in some way or another.

I agree, but that's not ALL it did.

why are people pretending DeS holds up? does it do something better than the others when it comes to the lore or atmosphere?

Champ cov would have been great is DaS2 PVE wasn't complete dogshit. Hands down worst in the series, I don't know who in their right mind would want to spend LONGER fighting any of that trash.

Uh, both of those things?

It did a lot of things for the first time in the Souls series while the rest is essentially just rehashes. But that's FROM for you.

Both of those. It also has the best level design STILL.

I can say the exact same about Bloodborne, honestly. You spend so much time fighting trash mobs in that game, it's ridiculous. Even many of the bosses are just another hunter or whatever. Or repeats in the chalice dungeons.

Its Vaati

This video, more than any other, best demonstrates how bad the covenant of champions is. Once you're good enough to dodge all of an enemy's attacks, just increasing their HP and damage doesn't make the game more difficult for you - it just makes it more tedious.

This guy spends 11 minutes slowly whittling away a boss he has clearly mastered. The only challenge that comes from this is enduring the tedium of the fight long enough not to make some stupid slip-up.

I don't know how you are building in BB, but shit dies obscenely fast trash wise. Thats the whole gist of BB. Fast, visceral combat.

DaS2 PVE was anything but. I can't even count the amount of times I abused pathfinding and ranged attacks to slowly burn a group of enemies with retardedly high HP.

Estoc and Darksword are for cowards who don't want to get good at pvp.

Demon's Souls also borrowed heavily from the King's Field series, and a little from Shadow Tower, it just took a lot of the ideas from those games and put them together more coherently.

It has some serious highs and lows in the level design. Latria and the Valley are great. 1-1 and 4-1 are great. You're telling me that 1-2, or 1-4, or Stonefang, or 4-2 is strong level design?

don't rehashes at some point completely eclipse such an old predecessor though?

I do recall using stuff like the poise ring in Dark Souls 2 actually clearly affected whether your attack can get interrupted or not.

3rd game, every single enemy attack seems to interrupt you no matter what. On top of that, your own poise damage is inconsistent, monsters seem to have a certain damage treshold where they will ignore the staggering poise damage entirely and get a free hit on you no matter what, if you chain the combo too much.

Noticed with Great Axe run, every 1-2 blows staggered even bigger monsters, but 3-4 hits they would suddenly stop staggering and hit you instead. I remember runs in the 2nd game with Craftman's hammer you could stagger monsters and enemy players as long as how much stamina you still had.

Yea and that point was DS1.

FROM just aren't all that good at making games.

Towards the end of Bloodborne, and to some extent Dark Souls 3 as well, they start throwing trash mobs at you as well. They didn't STOP doing that. They just never did it quite as much again. And it's no less annoying to fight 10 of an easy enemy in any of the games just because of the setting or combat. You're just hitting R1. And I don't know why your damage in 2 was shit, I always use big swords and I did fine.

They're good at Armored Core. Better than they are at Souls.

He says he enjoys this fight in the description, though.

You're right. It has some bad areas. But not as many as any of the other games. Also, I kinda like the beginning of Stonefang. But maybe that's just me.

It wasn't. Only when I put on champ cov did shit become tedious, because that was the entire point of champ cov.

Fuck off Afro you fucking shit eater

He enjoys the fight because he is a dark souls autist. I know who that guy is, he quit his job to play and stream dark souls all fucking day long. I can't even grasp the idea of replaying souls games that much, once is tedious enough and the second time is the finishing touches.

NIGGA there is a fucking vendor in the dream who sells them, when you're levelling just save some blood for vials, thats literally what the vendor sells them for

??????????????

Is that Lobos Jr?

I dimly remember hearing a crying baby in the background of one of his streams, fucken lol at that autist. He IS really good at DS though.

It still wasn't bad. Enemies in Souls games have gotten less and less HP as the series went on. That only returned it to Demon's Souls. Also, that covenant was only good to use in NG. You know, like when you do PvE.

No. I'm right. Prove me wrong or go piss your pants more.

i fucking wish i was that cute

that's literally you being subjective, fuck off

That's not objectively proving me wrong. I said facts, like the builds are balanced, it has the most viable weapons, and all the covenants work as intended.
YOU'RE saying that I'm just wrong, and THAT is subjective.

You also said it has the best gameplay which is a subjective view.

Which is why half the AC games are trash

It sounds like someone turned off the Poise at the last minute because they thought the players would be more into the fashion aspect.

I dont mind playing fashion but at least make some armors actually worth wearing since the the difference between the strong medium armor and a strong heavy armor is only 1 to 2 points of difference in defense but the weight is bigger.

Im personally more bother by the rolling system where anything below 70% is a fast roll. No more medium roll.

The casual weight system and lack of poise reduces the amount of builds and playstyle. Making it more like a one size fits all which I hate.

Demon's Souls is automatically the only good one, it being a PS3 exclusive.

Well, there's technically three rolls. You go way further under 30%, but it's pretty pointless as you go too far to actually do anything with the roll.

Yeah, cute.

Yeah, the defense stat baffles me. It seems to go up/down depending on the number of armor pieces you wear, not what armor. So wearing shitty cloth gloves gives you as much defense as heavy iron gloves. The game doesn't care what you wear, as long as you don't have an empty slot.
Damage absorption does seem to work, however. But then why even have a Defense stat at all?
Why does the Wolf Ring exist if poise is turned off?

Why are you turning this into a console war arguement?

I dunno, I think they had intended to use poise for most of development and decided last minute that it made the game too fucking easy so they turned it off.

It certainly isn't the first fromsoft game to do so, as both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls also don't have poise and instead have the exact hyperarmor system that 3 has.

Now I don't think this is a good thing, because many encounters and weapons were clearly made with poise in mind and the poise stat is still visible and taunts you, but I'd believed before this announcement that removing poise was intentional.

I mean if they were so incompetent that they could not get the entire poise stat to work then clearly there would be a fuckton of issues with the game, and while it isn't a godsend of programming it does work mostly fine.

It's like a dbz episode.

Because I love to shitpost.

It has the spookiest area (3-1) and the it starts out the best (tutorial + die to the boss + 1-1 forces you to get good before relying on multiplayer, levels, upgrading, or full health).

Other than that, anyone who thinks DeS is significantly better than the others is a nostalgic hipster autist.

exactly, because of the multiple rolls and importance of poise in DaS1 there was reason to actually go as a slow motherfucker at 49% or even 99% (mostly just in PvE) but in DaS3 unless you're using big ass weapons there's no reason to ever level vitality or go above 70%.

Why care about a company past their prime. They're namco's slave now.

blame PC fags for making it mainstream

So cute when soulscucks try to justify their shitty game being shitty.

Honest qeustion whats so bad about the dark sword?

I used it as my main weapon on my first play through because I always liked the r2 combo.

PvP in Souls game has been broken as all fuck since Demons, its always been a mess and actually having interesting fights was a rarity if not impossible.

And really who gives a shit, Poise was busted as all hell in Souls 1 and made things a slog, I'm glad its gone.

It makes PVP or even PVE a joke because it has very high damage, good attack speed, and good range.

Pretty much every straight sword is overpowered right now, I used Anri's on my first run because it was a luck build and I was quite surprised to find a weapon that scaled with it and it turned out to be hilariously overpowered. At the end of the game I hit for 500 physical damage unbuffed with a fucking straight sword.

a lot of people use the dark sword and estoc in pvp because they are easy weapons to use and all you gotta do against most enemies is spam R1 to win.

Pretty much what said. It was even my main weapon in my first playthrough. The lack of poise allows Estoc and Darksword to be the meta. Thats even including hyper armor with heavy weapons as the damage difference is barely there.

In regards to the hitbox, ironically the heavy weapons have the most accurate hitboxes from my experiences. Whereas the straightswords and Estoc is much larger than the actual model. If the enemy uses R1 with an Estoc and you're 2 feet away from the sword model touching you, you'll still get hit.

Oh, shit. Have I been doing it wrong? Mine's at 22.

It's the highest Damage Straight Sword in the game, best weapon in its class, It also outperforms the large majority of 2h Great weapons, with It's similar reach.

It could be any weapon in it's place and receive the same reaction. PvPfags enforce arbitrary rules like not being able to use the games best weapons, because it emasculates their decision to use lesser weaker weapons.

Dark sword is easy to parry, It's not even the most overpowered weapon by far, It's not like it 1 shots people.
If these autismo tryhards were actually good at the game, it wouldn't even be an issue for them.

TL;DR. Hate for the Dark Sword is just a Hivemind parroted reaction. It's a requirement to fit in with the 12 year old DSfag community on leddit and 4cuck/dsg/.

Well if you're using big ass weapons or shields then sure, but for a regular build just use whatever armor will keep you at just below 70% equip burden since there's no reason to go above or below and since there's no poise that means that heavy armor is pretty much useless now since the % damage reduction falls off a lot the higher you go.

Nigger what did you just do? Contradiction in its purest form.

If you have an item that makes a majority of items useless and even when you admit it, then how the fuck is it not overpowered? I used the Darksword in my first 20 hours or so because it was overpowered. I still use it after 70 hours because a lot of weapons doesnt perform as well in majority of situations.

The only other weapon that is on par with the estoc and dark sword is the Lothric Greatsword and thats only in PvP. The difference in actual damage output is almost negligent.

As someone who has demolished in PvP and annihilated the PvE side of the game with the Dark Sword since long before it was an e-celeb metafag weapon, I can tell you that's horseshit.

The Dark Sword basically shits on the entire game with its greatsword-tier reach, unparryable weapon art and damage outdone only by a proper Anri's build. The only thing that can stop it is misusing the weapon as an absurdly effective light attack spamming stick, or being caught in a one-shot kill polearm/spin combo.

The Dark Sword demolishes parry fishers, outdoes greatweapons on trades, can out-harass most thrusting swords and polearms, has stupidly low stamina usage and requirements, and has absurd scaling for every build in the game. It is, hands down, one of the best weapons in the game to a broken extent; using anything but it or a select few build-specific or gimmick/combo weapons is just gimping yourself.

so found a way to make alderices faithful not shit…. ya got to twink your character.

territorial invasions have a different level spead than standard invasions. going 40 up and 10 levels down. compaired to the standard -+20 levels.

so me at level 40 with a +5 raw weapon gets so fucking many invasions that i cant get up that long ass latter without taking off the covenant.

fuck off back to reddit and learn to dodge

do you really want havel monster poise stab shitters every where ?

its much easier to kill shitters now because all they do its spam r1 because LOL GET DA STUN GET DA KILL R1-R1-R1-R1-R1, then you interupt that R1 spam with a hornet parry and its goodbye goodluck.

poise basically did nothing in DaS2 and yet people thought its pvp was better than DaS, your making mountains our of mole hills

It's way too fucking shitty for that.

This is the same Bamco/From that said weapon degradation tied to FPS wasn't a bug in DaS2.

Fucking incompetent liars, the lot of them.

Have you ever considering getting good for a change?

Look man, over the years i've bashed DaS1 tank builds extremely hard.

I've been among the loudest among those that praise DeS from rewarding fast attacks over tanking shit, and absolutely loved how BB embraced that, and expanded upon it.

I have no love for the DaS community and consider them the shitty, whiny stepchildren of this fanbase.

But DaS3 is fucked.

FUCKED.

When we said that less poise was a good idea compared to DaS1 tank mode, we didn't mean POISE SHOULD DO JACK SHIT.

Because if you make that a conscious design decision like in DeS and BB, then you balance that BY MAKING SHIT STAGGER WHEN YOU HIT IT.

So in that case there's next to zero poise but you can stagger shit a lot/move around big bulky targets.

However, in DaS3 you have all of the worst design decisions, all at once.

There's no poise, but you can't stagger shit, instead the game gives everyone and their mothers a shit ton of hyper armor during the vast majority of their moveset.

This system just…doesn't work, IT'S NOT WORKING AS INTENDED PERIOD, it's almost like the game wasn't designed around such a balance and last minute changes before release were put in place hastly, it results in a completely unfun experience where everyone, including PVE enemies, use a shit ton of hyperarmor attacks that go straight trough your attacks and vice versa.

That's hilariously bad design, that turns the entire souls combat in this kind of deranged slugfest of mutually unstaggerable assclowns except when they're not doing hypearmor moves, then it becomes stunlock central.

It's fucked, the entire system is completely fucked, it makes no sense, design wise it's the most fucked up thing i've seen in a souls game, ever.

Even DaS2 seemed to have poise down slightly better than DaS3 does, and that's amazing considering how bad poise was in 2.

No doubt you'll tell me to get gud and the usual bullshit, but the honest truth is, from fucked up with DaS3 mechanically, big time.

Poise is fucked, everything has hyperarmor, casters are fucked in the ass, everything in this game is completely fucked and whoever balanced this shit has absolutely no idea what the fuck he's doing.

If you can to put so much effort into typing, you might as well put it into acquiring proficiency in a video game.

It's not about getting gud or not, it's about having fun or not.
And the game isn't fun, end of story.
I've beaten the game with 6 characters so far and did a shit ton of PVP, i can honestly say this is the least fun souls game of them all, period.

Nice trips, but it IS fun for me.
End of story.

Source?

I just stole it from this very board, holy shit.
I"m pretty sure it's one of those sabers from Fate franchise

That franchise has like 90 sabers and 90 different spin-offs
Ah fuck it, I'll just fap to something else

I want to break onlyafro's legs along with emarrel, ironpineapple, vaatividya and every other dark souls youtuber for ruining this community.

it's saber lily

no idea on what the base picture is

the character designer has a hyperboner for his self-made waifu and she's too marketable at the same time, resulting in them making a shitload of variants. the spinoff count only makes sense if you have familiarity with the series.

Yeah, get gud scrub

When has poise even mattered anyway? 99% of invades just dodge roll everywhere and take a swipe with some giant ass sword before rolling away again waiting for the netcode to kick in and deal damage anyway.

Besides, lots of weapon skills seem to turn it on if you ever want to tank a hit to smack back with. You'd never get off shit like Mornes hammer without the free poise it gives you.

What upsets me is that they all look the same. Arthur Pendragon is not the same person as Nero. Why should their Saber incarnations look so similar? No other servant class has the whole "similar appearance" deal going with it. Archers don't all look like Gilgamesh. Berserkers don't all look like Hercules. Lancers don't all look like…what'shisface. And yeah, Arturia may have taken part in multiple Holy Grail Wars because of her special conditions, but her appearance was the same in Zero as it was in Stay/Night.

I love the original Saber design. I have a huge boner for plate mail skirts and serious noble personalities. But at the same time I wish the character designer would branch out more and develop MORE awesome original designs, instead of just copypasting Saber.

And now they're trying to turn Arcueid Brunestud into a Saber clone. This is getting out of hand!

Zero is the only not-shit entry is this entire crapchise though.

You're confusing hyperarmor with poise.

like i said, marketing. saber has become the face of the franchise so they constantly reuse her appearance in order to link everything. you can immediately tell it's connected to fate when you see her copy-pasted visage. this is on top of takeuchi really wanting to bone his own design so it compacts into itself.

don't get me started on the tsukihime remake's arc design. good lord, way to throw her appeal away.

Shame they didn't remove a whole bunch of shit that makes the game too easy.

Also what the fuck happened with that "removing the sword from a bonfire" mechanic that was teased when the game was first shown? It was meant to fix the 'too many bonfires' issue of 2 by making you remove the bonfire sword in order to place it somewhere else. Some areas have way too many bonfires which makes me think that most were meant to be dead that the player could choose to reignite.

I hope to christ they don't make the next one play like a souls game, that seems to be all they make nowadays.

is fat rolling

Supposedly, these are ingame in Oceiros' second phase. I can't tell over the music & gargle-screaming he does, but the crushing and baby death rattles might play when he does various smashing moves. Can anyone confirm?

Poise does nothing.

That's the bug

Heck, you can cheat and turn it on with a hex code. It's works like DS1 poise.

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119101543484/

Confirmed not bug?

Think they'd admit?

I like how they never bothered to clarify WHAT it does. Probably because it does nothing. Its on the PC, they're in a PC forum, we checked. How can they think they're fooling ANYONE?

1-2 and 1-4 I agree are shit and just meat grinders but I disagree with you that Stonefang and Shrine of Storms being shit. Stonefang has deep branching paths and SoS especially 4-2 has clever level design with being able to jump of ledges to lower platforms, it's just that the tall spirit enemies don't give you time to observe the area. Once you know where to drop off and which specific enemies to kill it's good fun and great enemy placement.

Of any of these type of levels (4-2 in Demon's Souls, Catacombs in Dark Souls, Yahar'gul in Bloodborne) Dark Souls easily did it best by making the necromancers non-respawning, so you'd just run the gauntlet once to kill that necromancer and then on the next attempt the enemies would no longer resurrect. When Demon's Souls and Bloodborne make the necromancers (/bell-ringing maidens) respawn also, it's too easy to just run straight to that enemy and kill it first instead of fighting the whole string of enemies honestly. That's not good level design to know where to drop down and how to cheese the level, that encourages cheap player behavior.

Poise is not bugged, it has been disabled on purpose. What makes me think it's a last minute decision is the fact that the stat is still displayed. They might have figured out that that strenght build would have been completely OP with poise AND hyperarmor, and they kept the hyperarmor as it impacts in "more fair way".

I know someone who defends poise by saying "Even if it's turned on it's only 2-3 hits until you stagger, so its not even OP"

I know someone who defends R1 spam by saying "I know someone who defends poise by saying "Even if it's turned on it's only 2-3 hits until you stagger, so its not even OP" "

damn that projection.
You may want to calm down or take up a career in film.

Bamco gay
From gay
"Poise is fine" people gay
DS3 gay

Checkmate, kiddo. We're done here, you can't even git gud at banter.

That and getting a coiled sword after Idex to light the firelink bonfire. Would have been a neat mechanic.

saying that poise prevents R1 spam is a lie though. All it does is make people spam R1 while having heavier armor on, and since backstabs are flat useless in PvP. Light builds become useless and since estus is overpowered now, wait until you see it when the person can just ignore your first 4 hits.

You forget in Demon Souls when you kill the grim reapers the spirit enemies he summons all die as well. Sorry user I don't agree with you thinking the necromancers in DS1 is the only time they did it right.

I do agree with you on the bell maidens in Yahar'gul as those enemies still stick around. Too bad From Software didn't apply the same Demon Souls rules like it did do in the chalice dungeons.

The whole point of R1 spam is stunlock.

With poise there is no stunlock from a puny 1handed sword r1.

there's no stunlock now because of the 2 hit get out of jail card.
Except with estoc juggling which you should just be mashing parry the entire time.

That just makes the problem worse, it encourages you even more to just run past the spirits and kill the one necromancer instead of fighting your way there.

If anything they should have done something different with Yahar'gul in the Blood Moon phase and just saved the bell maidens for the Chalice Dungeons.

Poise makes heavy armor worth using.
Hyperarmor makes heavy weapons worth using.
Compounding them comes at a great cost, which is their combined weight.
But of course, it's okay to get staggered by the broken straight sword at any time except during the very slim time-frame that hyperarmor is active because "heavy weapons would be OP otherwise."

I don't agree that it makes it worse, I like the fact that the spirits keep spawning as it makes you paranoid of your surroundings. The balance of them is the only real issue as they should be easy to kill and not hit so hard but that's only a real problem when you're in NG+.

mashing parry and the "2 hit" rule is a coin toss, there most certainly is and the fact that you had to try to lock me out of mentioning the estoc is laughable as you've just dismantled your argument from the start.

Moreover, higher defense from high poise armor would do a lot to lessen the obscene amounts of damage the R1 spam pumps out as well as give a point to vitality.

I know you never got good dealing with haveldads, but some of us did and they were entirely manageable even in groups of 3.

the world is boring and linear
most of the bosses are easy and forgettable
the PvP sucked
the lore was just ok
but it was the first souls game so people give it nostalgia points
it was also PS3 exclusive so less people have played it and thus some people like to say it's really good so that they can feel like they're souls connoisseurs

in reality dark souls did everything demon's souls did to near-perfection and smoothed out all of the edges of the diamond-in-the-rough that DeS was

don't get me wrong, DeS is a great game and when it came out it was a truly revolutionary innovation. it just doesn't really hold up to dark souls

-t. PC

Dude I can see you, you don't need to quote me three times every time

Well no kidding, the necromancers go down even easier than the spirits, but that still isn't different to the other games. The necromancers in DaS will keep resurrecting the skeletons, the bell maidens in BB will keep spawning villagers.

what

Ah yes it allowed the great build varieties as… 90% heavy armor and 10% light armor.
Lets not forget the great variation in PvPs of dark souls which was R1 spammers everyone had the fast roll.

Actually high end in every souls game, Has almost entirely been wearing heavy ass armor because it lets you completely stomp people who don't.

And you're still ignoring the fact that it'd make the already difficult to punish estus even worse.

But everybody already knows Dark Souls 2 is a piece of shit.

try all.

Fromm software are brilliant designers but their programming is total shit. They're stuck in the 90s it feels like. I also feel like teaming up with sony was a bad idea because their shitty priorities.

-t. don't have buyers remorse, because pirate

Perhaps PvP as a full-fledged feature was never the fucking point of Dark Souls to begin with and balancing shit for PvP just drags the rest of the game down.

You're still spouting this bullshit. Thats not how it was at all. In fact there was a lot more variety as you'd mix more sets to hit poise breakpoints. Do you know what those are?

Confirmed for no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Unpunishable*
Please explain how poise would do a damn thing to estus. The problem is that you stay locked on while chugging, and the chug animation is far too fast.

Fag hosts taking a sip in DaS1 were completely punishable because to use any item meant standing perfectly still and leaving yourself open for a backstab, but that's not allowed anymore because "backstabs are unfair." On that note, backstabs are almost impossible to reasonably do at all because of the wind-up, you have to be a complete retard to get backstabbed anymore.
Just like how varied and unique every R1-spamming build is, right? Everyone has 40/40, their entirely cosmetic armor of choice, and enough points in int or fth for a buff that they always apply to their Refined Dark Sword or Estoc. Armor being meaningless did nothing to increase build variety, it only made builds more generic.

You're confirmed not knowing what you're talking about, to punish estus you use a pocket washing pole to knock them out of it before it starts.
Oh right how could I forget dark souls 2 epic pvp of "everyone has a offhand Painting sword, a raw dagger+10, and chimes"

Quoting three times is for me user, plus being on a touch screen makes it easier to click posts

Catacombs and Yahar'gul are different though, chalice dungeon maidens are the only ones that emulate near faithfully to reapers in SoS.

The one thing I give DS1 credit for is that you also have the option to use a faith weapon to disable ressurecting skeletons. It's more mechanically rich compared to the other games.

You're not making a very strong argument.

DS1 estus took longer and worked differently, it wasn't the same as DS3 where it's near instant.

And yes build variety has never been a thing in souls games, thanks for pointing that out. Claiming poise somehow increases that when magic's mostly useless.

Also no one here has tried Iron flesh apparently, that shit makes you unstaggerable

How about using throwing knives instead?

There are way to deal with chugging when it's not near instant.

Where do you faggots get this shit?
Humanity was basically built around PvP, they even made a way to PvP to be built into the lore you faggots are always coming up with the wackiest shit.

Sick of hearing this shit. DS3 has problems, story isn't one. They even gave us the option of choosing a hopeful ending this time, out of four available. What the fuck else do you want?

It's continuity. It's not fucking fan service if the story of those places and characters has clearly advanced, and they aren't just put in the game as vague references for lorefags to stroke themselves to. It's what happens in direct sequels, which this is, and 2 wasn't. Anor Londo being in the game isn't fanservice, it's presence isn't inexplicable, it just didn't fucking move. As much as it sucked, demon ruins being in the game isn't fanservice either. The best you can come up with is some returning armor sets that look out of place in the new graphics engine.

Iron flesh lasts all of 30 seconds and is countered by doing absolutely nothing. You're literally relying on your enemys stupidity, does that sound like a viable or intuitive tactic to you?

Throwing knives do not stagger out of estus, they don't stagger at all. Kukri might, but the case time for those plus the flight time is entirely unreliable vs the fast chug.

We're getting off track to begin with though, estus is fucked, but its problems are not related to poise.

The lore in DaS3 goes from good to awful.
Its better compared to DaS2 where it was basically none-existant.
Gywnn's firstborn doesn't make any sense chronologically.
Also many of the NPC's should of gone hollow long ago.

It would only get worse with poise though.
the so called "coin flip" that is fairly consistent except with bad netcode wouldn't counter it period. The stunlocking problem doesn't exist outside of one specific weapon that's easily counterable,

Maybe they shouldn't have made 98% of the game before deciding on what the PvP and poise/estus mechanics were going to be, collectively shit their pants when they realized release date was next week and just give up on it.

I don't know why you're rewording what I said, but okay.
It's not just poise, you also had to take into account what that person's other armor values were rather than all of them being entirely meaningless. You can wear the shittiest rags and still get by, there's barely a difference at all.
for all of 5 seconds, you move extremely slowly and are unable to roll. Real good answer to fast weapons with shitloads of damage and where all attacks made against you can be rolled out of after the second hit. Iron Flesh in-fact makes you more susceptible to R1 spam because you just have to stand there and eat R1s because you can't roll out.

I think plebbit had one for a short time. I remember Holla Forums raiding them with giant dads when they wanted some cheese free games.

It's not really possible to have a league either way. You can't really decide against who you fight.

Its fucking terrible already, estus chugging being a piece of shit is no excuse for not hard-countering R1 spam with poise and allowing an entire stat to sit useless. Really, people are already sitting behind 3 phantoms and a great shield and chugging without any difficulty, its part of the meta uinfortunately. What the fuck is poise going to change about that? Its no longer a vulnerability, you're no longer a sitting duck, anything that poise would have made possible with estus is already happening.

That's why I'm saying that Yahar'gul is not good (with regard to the Maidens anyway) and Catacombs are better. And this is coming from a person who would rank DaS far below DeS or BB on the whole.

On my first playthrough of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne I played those levels just like any other. I followed the obvious path, engaged any enemy which became aggressive, and eventually made my way to the summoner and killed it. Many playthroughs later there is no way I would ever bother killing those enemies since I know that there's really only one I need to deal with, the villagers in Bloodborne even have double the HP while the bell maiden is still alive.

In the Catacombs, I'll do the same, fight my way past the skeletons until I reach the necromancer, but if I hypothetically die and have to do it over again, I won't just run past the skeletons since I know the necromancer's already been dealt with, and then it can be played just like any other stage.

You are fucking retarded, every single weapon in the game gets a free second R1 if the first one connects, even the slowest weapons.

Invasions don't equal "muh honoure pvp fiteclubs" though.

Well atleast someone actually shares this opinion.

/thread

The story/lore is great in DS2, it's just that the plot is told very very poorly.

You're better off saying that DS2 and DS3 are parallel timelimes rather than saying DS2 isn't a direct sequel, or DS3 isn't a direct sequel to DS2

That's not exactly stunlocking though.
That's 2 hits.
And it's 30 seconds for iron flesh and no longer makes you unable to roll, and "makes you more susceptible to r1 spam" makes no sense because it's literally the exact same thing that poise does.

Yeah, how exactly would poise change that at all outside of making it even harder to punish chugging. "well the core PvP is flawed as shit, but by making it worse it'd somehow balance out"

The lore of DS1 being considered good is largely an a fluke you can't recreate. DS2 and 3 show this.

I agree Yahar'gul sucks, I actually think it's the worst area in Bloodborne and one of the worst areas From Software has ever made. Your comments on those maidens in that area I don't disagree on, it's the reapers in DeS and maidens in chalice dungeons I do.

I find Mergo's nightmare worse honestly, but yeah Yhara'gul is up there.

Chugging is entirely unrelated to poise you dumb shit. There is no poise, chugging is a problem. You have literally no argument here, it is unrelated, that is what I'm trying to say stop moving goal posts.

Poise would hard counter R1 spam. Breakpoints exist for different weapon types.
Breakpoints for low stamina cost, fast swinging weapons have always been low and easy to meet.
An ENTIRE FUCKING STAT has been stripped and dedicated to equipment load for the sake of meeting these points. It is sitting useless.
There you go, we're back on track now.

Learn the difference lore and plot. All the Dark Souls games have amazing lore but DS2 and DS3 suck when it comes to plot. DS3 isn't as bad as DS2 but DS3 does start to lose it after the Abyss Watchers.

Dark souls lore is shit because it makes no sense and they sold the DLC promising to fix it but it failed as well.
The first DLC the dark bitch is summoning mini Veldstat despite all of these DLC kingdoms being separated by ages.

Except you've made no points for it existing period.
There's already no build variety, R1 spam is always the prevalent meta. Poise just makes it either completely worthless to use anything but heavy weapons, because poking and dodging won't work as Estus is near unpunishable. Poise used to be countered by either heavier weapons breaking the poise breaks OR by poking and making sure you used your mobility.
One of these won't work anymore with the new chugging system
But no tell me how this minor detail would make the shitheap of PvP any better.

Mergo's nightmare is fine level design wise it was just a bit boring to go through especially the higher you go. It's rather empty when it comes to visuals

eh if they fixed the frenzy mechanic I'd agree. But seriously frenzy lingering for 20 years and sheer amounts of damage it did make it a slog. Basically the entire area came down to "hope you aren't saving insight for anything, and I hope you have sedatives, because we sure as shit aren't fixing the frenzy magic hitboxes"

I've made plenty, infact I just restated my main ones in the post you've quoted.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. R1 spam with poise means you tank a hit and then parry. R1 spam without poise means you take a hit and take another hit because you cannot parry. This is how R1 spam becomes the meta.

Again you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Lighter weapons have a huge number of things on heavy weapons from critical ratings to bleed as well as making elemental damage a more viable alternative for vitality gouge builds. If you can't see how these things would be used to fight someone in heavy poise armor and thing its absolutely necessary to stunlock someone to kill them I'm confident you are a total shitter.

And there it is again. Its almost entirely uncounterable right now and we have no poise currently, but you keep bringing it up like poise would somehow do anything to this and people aren't already spamming the shit out of it.

I have, many fucking times over. You keep mentioning estus, estus is only one of the game's pvp problems and only really makes fights last longer. Stunlock from low stamina cost, high damage, fast swinging weapons completely invalidate most of the game's armor, some of the game's weapons, a ring, and an entire fucking stat.

But go on ahead and mention estus again like its the biggest problem this game has.

I can't remember the name of the rune but you can deal with it perfectly fine when equiped plus Djura set increases frenzy resistance. I never had a problem with it.

Eleum loyce, shulva and brume are just different kingdoms, they aren't in lordran, not much time is between them. The brother of velstadt, Raime, is who you fight at the end of old iron king (fume knight). Also, Elana is sisters with Nashandra and the other daughters of manus so obviously they're connected and she'd know about Velstadt, probably even met him at some point.

PvP was never the point of Dark Souls. It's a single-player game with a novel multiplayer element which is designed to complement the single-player experience.

PvP is not meant to be balanced because the game is not meant to be balanced with it in mind. The only people who whine about PvP balance are the people who do nothing but PvP in cancerous honourfag metagaming fight clubs against other people whose only desire in playing the game is to minmax their characters and use the most effective weapons and strategies at their disposal.

If you play the game for fun like the rest of us and invade and get invaded for fun then you'll enjoy using lots of different builds and weapons; you'll encounter a much greater variety of enemy players, and you won't give a fuck if some tryhard metafag wrecks your shit once in a while.

Even if you do that, you still have to rely on the hitboxes for frenzy not persisting no matter where you are. I've gotten a refreshed frenzy while I was inside with the midgets from the brain. shit's wonky.

R1 spam means, that you take a hit, and then also R1 spam unless they also have poise in which case you parry, swap to your weapon with higher critical and use that to deliver the hit. Just like your OH is always a parry slave.
Faster weapons are flat useless against poise stackers.

And the reason I keep bringing up estus is that you seem to not get that the problems that exist with it now are only going to get worse with poise.

Also carthus rouge gives more bleed than all but 1 weapon has innately. It Gives 37, uchi and most bleeding weapons only give 33, there's one scythe that gives 40. And for some reason the bloodletter gives 34.

Poise literally does nothing but make poise the meta, and the chugging problem even worse.

I have played DaS for at least 1000 hour offline, that means no co-op or PVP.
You are incredibly full of shit, any aspect of the game should be balance.
If a game features PVP it should be balanced.
Its not excusable EVER, to defend the devs by saying they added in a feature that they didn't bother to balance.
Balancing is not fucking rocket science either, shit is incredibly balanced in DaS1 compared to DaS3.

Really? I've never had that happen to me inside the building but that might be a result of me only playing the GOTY edition.

I think a Poise system in DaS3 similar to DaS1 but dialed back somewhat would actually work quite well because of the separation of equip load from endurance.

In DaS1 if you built a character with PvP in mind then you would naturally put a load of points into endurance for increased stamina, and since it would also give you increased equip load there was no reason not to take advantage of that bonus and wear armour which gave you a lot of poise. Since high stamina is a requirement to be effective in PvP, everyone essentially had the capacity to wear heavy armour by default if they chose.

But now equip load is tied to a completely independent stat, which also scales very slowly (1 point of equip load increase per stat point increase). Havel's ring is also not nearly as powerful as it used to be. So in order to wear heavy armour you'll have to invest a lot of points in vitality which sucks points away from vigor, endurance, and whatever stats you're using to get your damage up. If you had wanted to stack poise, you would have had to sacrifice HP, stamina, or damage. Suddenly high poise is no longer as OP as it used to be.

It's a shame they didn't go with poise as it used to be because it seems to me they created a system which would have incorporated the old style of poise very well.

You may have played it, but you didn't understand it. Although
makes me doubt you ever touched it.

I'm not saying DaS1 was perfect, it had its problems, but I think you missed >compared to DaS3.

They can't get worse, they're already as bad as its going to get. Someone rolling away and chugging a sippy with or without poise is the same fucking thing. You want to know the hard counter to chugging? Taking a sip yourself.

It blows my mind that you keep saying poise is going to make a problem that is already here, prevalent, and gamebreaking somehow worse while fully aware that the old method of dealing with it no longer applies. And you keep doing it over and over and over again.

And poise would become the meta, yeah. Obviously. Its better that way, breakpoints would have a purpose again, equipment load would have a purpose again, if you see someone decked out in full havels they're going to be fucked in some other way.

You can sort of counter it now with washing pole if you're not bad, it's no less worse than the Painting Sword parry toggling in DS2.

with poise there is literally no counter.

and "take a sip yourself" doesn't work, he has double your amount if you're an invader.

Solid argument amigo.

Firm Justification Buddy

Almost every weapon in DaS can be viable and powerful if upgraded correctly.
Furthermore armor, and weight load also further helped balance for weapons.
DaS3 is a mess of awful balance between PvE balance and PvP.
I like DaS3, its a good game, people said that about DaS2 but it always seemed like a turd to me, but after shitting on DaS3 for weeks I've played and found it enjoyable, but the fucking mechanics ruin a large portion of it.

Also once again 95% of the boss weapons are fucking shit, once again a broadsword the most common soldier uses can be more useful then a FUCKING WEAPON FORGED FROM THE SOUL OF A PSUEDOGOD.

Even with the washing pole it's difficult and it won't work most of the time.

The reason behind it - the inherent problem - is that the person swinging away is losing stamina whilst the person being stunlocked isn't, so when the stunlock ends the person who took the damage has stamina to roll/sprint away far enough that they can safely heal whilst the person attacking has little or no stamina left to catch up to them and attack in time, or at all. And even if they do manage to get a hit in, that will almost certainly be the last of their stamina meaning that the player who just sipped now has an opening to get some hits in themselves.

You still think I'm talking about estus, which is hilarious. Its fucked regardless of what happens, its bad now and its gonna stay bad with poise. Washing pole is not a hard counter.

R1 spam is the problem and also my entire point wasting my time talking to you and its hard counter is poise. End of story.

But go on, mention sunny D again and how DaS2 had problems so that somehow makes this okay.

Yeah that's one thing I hate, any weapon that follows the rare / boss upgrade scheme has fucking terrible scaling.

"Oh neat the Irythyll longsword with a huge reach….. wait fuck it's got awful damage compared to a fire enchanted longsword"

Poise wouldn't change that in the slightest though.
The person swinging still doesn't magically get more stamina to counter the person running away. The person with poise can counter-swing but then the other person just runs away and heals, except it's even harder to counter now because it now takes 3 hits to knock that person out of chugging. Poise literally does nothing to address the issue.

Except it doesn't hard counter jack. The core problems are still there, like estus. And even in games with poise R1 spamming still is exists. So tell me again how poise somehow magically fixes R1 spamming

No.

oh so you never had a point to start with about how this would magically fix R1 spamming.
Good to know

Rune is a fucking piece of garbage. I can't believe I fell for the hype on it. Combat boils down to mashing M1, controls are dogshit, shitty level design and platforming, I couldn't stomach it after I got to the underground cave.

I really have no idea why from doesn't get this shit.
Like why are they still making the same fucking retarded mistakes?
If a weapon has shit scaling, up the damage, if it has good scaling don't give it as good base.

Meanwhile every fucking weapons scales amazingly with int, WHY?
Only a few weapons scale well with faith.
Only a few weapons scale well with faith and int.
However the majority of weapons have A to S scale rating for int.
Fucking why?

I liked DaS because I found early on the Painting Guardians sword has bleeding and S SCALE RATING when enchanted.
Meaning I could shit out 500-600 damage and BLEED, which well compensated for its tiny ass reach and I could swing the thing with abandon.

That is the shit that made DaS fun at least for me, finding a weapon and making a build around it.

Now a large percentage of the weapons in game are fucking useless.

Except the great corvian scythe, you niggers are sleeping on it and Its great for me because no one uses it in PVP.

People like to say DeS had the best level design, but it really didn't. There are too many silly/dumb mistakes to give it that compared to DaS/BB/Das3. It had some legitimately great areas, but so did every game - and it has more mistakes to boot.

Remember the shitty tunnels in Stonefang that fucked the camera? The dragons outside Allant's room that never fucking shut up and continually shook the screen? The terrible platforming required to get down to Flamelurker? Lost Izalith may have sucked, but it wasn't as bad as all the other problem areas in DeS.

You must be blind nigger.

So you never making a point on how poise stops R1 spamming is me being blind. got it chief.

like DS1's r1 spam, or DS2's r1 spam, or BB's… well lets be honest here BB didn't have fucking PvP unless you specifically went out to do it and even then it was rifle spear fags which was L2 spam.

"Poise works gaise"
t. From

Even if it does what they want it to do, it's shit. So either way there's no excuse.

So you have shit taste AND lack all reading comprehension. Man you're a winner.

i knew there was something wrong when i was using onion armor and some hollows with daggers would stunlock me

Good job ignoring it and defaulting back to insulting me. Is that why poise works?
Buckeroo you really need to work on your arguments.

if das3 poise is so comparable to das2 poise then why are you autists getting fussy over it just now?

I learned from the best, you.

Are you the user from the other thread who was talking about the scythe with a hollow/luck build? If so could you post your stats? I'm tryingot get my head around what a hollow/luck build looks like before I try one myself.

So you never had a reason on why you wanted poise put back in except that you didn't want a worthless stat line?

It is though. PvP's awful, and the game's horrible until the DLC inevitably comes out and makes it better just like every souls game.

More of the same shit. It's a new game, and BB had a quick paced combat system and did just fine. They applied the combat system to DaS and didn't tweak it at all.

Yeah if you ignore all my other points which you asked me to restate ad-nauseum until I got bored doing so.

Spot on. You're one sharp crayon.

I don't see you making any points other than "stop focusing on the obvious faults, it'll work because I say so!"

I can't right now since I'm at work but I will later when I have a chance.
Off the top of my head the scythe is sitting around 400 damage a swing.
That's at 40 dex and 30 luck.
Bleed build up is very very quick.
Bleed itself is at 47% health damage.

I also have a pair of hollowed claws as well.
Their damage is lack luster and haven't gotten a second slab to upgrade completely however they're great at stunlocking and most people get nervous encountering a weapon they aren't familiar with.

Of course you didn't, I'm well aware of what you didn't do.

So you didn't make any and are embarassed

You know what ticks me off. How they streamlined the weapon resources. I mean, stones being used is nifty as weapons without traits before now have them. Except we use standard titanite?
Dark Souls 1 had green and this was magic stuff, but it upgraded to red titanite chunks for fire and eventually a slab, white chunks for holy/occult and a slab, a fucking blue chunk for magic/enchanted. How can you not reuse those? Those made far more sense. Why does lightning scale to faith, I mean in Dark Souls 1 it had used normal titanite so I got a feeling it wasn't really all that special, it just used lightning which is supposed to be an incredibly rare element. This also touches on some weapons with lightning and why they scale with faith at all as well.
Christ. This whole game is a mess. The only weapon I can stand using is the Fume UGS and that's shit too.

I've seen the claws used very well against people who turtle behind greatshields, but I've never encountered anyone who does that myself. I'm not convinced they're anything other than highly situational, although I can appreciate the surprise and fun factor that comes with a more unusual weapon.

No, just aware and sick of your goal-post moving and obvious argument derailment despite my attempts to get back on track by restating my original points which you quite clearly continue to ignore as you continue to request I make them again and again.

You argue like a jew.

So you still haven't made any and are resorting to buzzwords to try to detract from that.
You know saying you made a point doesn't mean you made a point

Dark Souls 3 isn't any better than 2, it does some things better and some things worse.

With the knight slayer ring, the ring that gives weapon damage for constant attack, the one that gives health for attack, and the ring that gives extra attack for less weight, they could potentially be very useful.

I know what you are saying, one of the most memorable moments of the game for me was killing butterflies for a blue slab.

Also I hate how weapon upgrades are given.
You get nothing but titanite shards early on then as soon as you pass a threshold they are throwing large titanite shards at you.

By the time I've upgrade my weapon to +3, the game is throwing titanite shards at me, then when its at +6 its throwing large titanite at me.
In DaS1 you could get chunks and large shards early on before you could even use them.
Meaning by the time you needed to upgrade your weapon you could because if you explored or fought the right enemies or got lucky with drops you already had a chunk needed to upgrade.

Also fuck needing 2-4-6 materials for upgrades, its fucking ridiculous.

No, making a point means I made a point. Saying I didn't and not addressing it doesn't mean I didn't.

probably association with the gods? see those all those lightning miracles

So you still can't point to where you made this point that wasn't just you saying something with 0 backing?
I mean I get you're embarrassed but you should at least try to make something here.

Yeah. It just makes no sense to me. I also think lightning had to deal with who enchanted the weapon itself, The giant. The giant had the ability, so I think it makes sense, but lightning is STILL supposed to be special and rare. This is retarded. Rings also suck by the way as the gifts granted by them are fucking tiny, too tiny to be any good. Pacing is all sorts of fucked in this game.
You've never played DeS have you? If DaS worked on the logic of that game you'd need 6 titanite shards PER upgrade for a weapon, and even maxing. So it would be 8 shards, 6 large, 4 chunks and the slab at once.

It does have to do with gods. It had to do primarily with Gwyn. It's STILL incredibly rare of an element and really shouldn't be freely used. It's just retarded how weapons work.

I could and have done so many times so far, but I'm not doing it again as it doesn't seem to have sunk in as you are retarded. Or maybe you're just pretending, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here.

So you can, but won't because…. you don't want to.
So there's no way for you to show that you did, except you claiming you made a point.

Theyre also dropped by snakemen, creatures related to dragons who were WEAK to lightning. Seems a little weird. Or maybe they were gifts from Nameless King.

Or you following my fucking replies earlier in the thread. Regardless I'm not indulging your autism any further.

he says as he still struggles to find a post with anything resembling a point he made

Those snake men aren't related to dragons. They were created by Seath. Seath hated dragons, so of course he would use their weakness and give them the dragons weakness. Come on man.

I never got far in Demon Souls, but I can understand now when people mention the bullshit grind for colorless demon souls.

They're just in the game because of Berserk. Although King's Field IV had some very similar enemies with a similar attack pattern.

Pure bladestone was bullshit. Like 12% drop ratio in black tendency. Chunks were needed and unlike hardstone you never got any, or not enough. I am glad they changed that in Dark Souls honestly.

Designs may be lifted from both series but there is a lore point to them. Apparently they were made by Seath.

but miyazaki never even really seemed interested in another souls game. i feel like he was all in on demon souls, dark souls, and bloodborne. and totally removed from ds2… and brought back but doesnt care about ds3.

though DS3 does seem to be much better than DS2… that piece of dog shit.

I spotted a sonygger.

Liking one of the multiplatform games in the series makes him a sonygger?

I would say DS3 for not having broken fucking rolls is a positive. The input buffer causing my controller to ignore my inputs doesn't really help the game though.

i dont get it. both of those games are on playstation and steam.

ds2 is trash. trash level design, trash enemies, trash enemy layout, trash weapon variety, trash hitboxes… in general the entire game feels like a dark souls knockoff. also abused iframes stat.

ds3 is ok, it has ok enemies, mediocre level design, ok weapons, good enemy layout, ok hitboxes. worth a free playthrough.

I disagree in a few areas.
DaS3 to me besides player weapons have the best hit boxes, it's the one thing the definitely listened too.
Also some of the enemies are great even compared to DaS1.

They made a lot of things worse from DS2.

It's explicit and canon. From the Ancient Dragon Greatshield,

And from the Covetous Serpent Rings,

Serpents are degenerated dragons, both the man and primordial varieties. It's been the case since DS1. Whether Seath manufactured them or merely adopted the wretches after the bodies of the Stone Dragons spawned them, I don't know.

worse than ds2? name some specifics… i cant really name any. but i hated ds2…

yea, the hitboxes are ok. i havnt seen any problems or "shockwaves" but i havnt seen any "holy shit" moments either like in blood born and dark souls either. but i also havnt devoted much time… yet. maybe the enemy quality will pick up later in the game.

The dancer one is pretty pro. But there are other enemies with shit hitboxes. Shitboxes, if you will.

The only one I have encountered which sticks out to me is Pontiffs Sulayvhns charge attack hits before he actually reaches you.
And the beginning hollows spear thrust is way to wide.

I should probably try to capture some examples but I'm lazy. vOv

ive seen similar examples of the bloodborne hitbox being as good as the ds3 one you showed there.. but yea, based on that id think that too if i never played the game.

ive also seen clips of shitbox with ds3, but havnt witnessed any either.

This guy gets it. PvP has become a cancerous tumor on this series.

All it was ever meant to be was a wild card mechanic designed to possibly get people trying to summon others killed. It was never meant to be competitive or even remotely balanced which is why you had shit like the scraping spear and gravelording. It was just a way to add extra challenge for a player who chose to get extra help.

I especially enjoy when PvP fags cried about them getting ganked in areas like the darkroot forest, an area designed specifically to be a clusterfuck of combat.As usual PvP fags can't handle it when the tables are turned.

It's a mechanic for griefing and trolling, not honurabu durers.

Cool dude, didn't know you were a dev.

agreed. most invading involves invading someone thats trying to get help for a big boost of XP if theyre a similar level.

if i need help, the chance of an asshole joining makes the wait more stressful.

this is all this design was ever meant to do.

"you want to ask for help? well fuck you"

invading is all about invading scrubs so you can fuck with them and anyone who tries to help them.

I suppose now you can, except there'll be 3 or 4 of them because the "muh PvP" crowd wanted more multiplayer shit.

2 helpers is too much… can you seriously get 3 people to join and help you?

Nioh is looking better and better… put fromsoft to shame.

I think it can even go to 4 if you get a purple who decides to kill reds and help the host.

Six is the current maximum of players right? So
Host, 2 phantoms, 1 blueberry and one mad phantom wildcard vs 1 red.

I'm pretty sure those who complain about PvP are butthurt PvP losers who can only win when they grief.

I've never seen a ganksquad that bad, but yeah that's totally do-able 4 phantoms and 1 host.
purple doesn't care because he gets his reward off killing reds

Such as heavy builds being absolutely pointless? Such as there being no color in the game besides desaturated shades of gray, brown and yellow? Fucking mana for sword swings?

As someone who doesn't play online because I refuse to pay for the subsciption, how does summoning and invading work in this game now? Is it like DS1 where you can only be invaded and summoned if the boss is still alive or is it like DS2 where it doesn't matter and you're on a time limit.

nobody here is "complaining about pvp" we're just pointing out that the game wasnt designed around the pvp, and that the balancing and all that is all about the PVE, and PVP was just a side thought.

so the people complaining about the flaws of PVP are really just PVP autists that think the entire game should be built around their minigame instead of building it around the main focus of the game (which is PVE)

It's the same as DaS1, except that the red sign soapstone now also works in areas where the boss has been defeated.

Well that sucks because that was one of the things DS2 got right. It was also great that NPC invaders randomly invade your world regardless if the boss was defeated or not.

Most single player games are not designed around PvP, but many games have them and balance shit out just fine.
Also shit poise effects PvE too.

im not defending DS3. i was just agreeing that these game's PVP is really all about griefing people trying to get help.

its primary function is not for people to create specific PVP builds and meet at certain locations and battle, and bow before battles and not use healing items and all this shit. that definitely exists, but thats not what fromsoft had in mind when they put the pvp in the game. but there are plenty of people that get mad about the balance, even if its perfectly fine in pve.

poise and balance are important even in pve… but i was more referring to the "buff this nerf that" pvp autists

I'm not familiar with the DaS2 system because I never got into the online elements of that game.

The most noticeable changes to the online in DaS3 is that hosts can now summon up to three white phantoms in some areas (other areas limit them to one phantom), there are now purple phantoms who can damage both the host and red phantoms and the red eye orb has a bias in its matchmaking towards hosts who have a phantom summoned.

That said, there are still two area-specific covenants which allow more traditional invading in the style of the Forest Hunters - so if you want more old-style PvP you can still get it for the most part.

And you're ignoring the simple fact that poise was already balanced in DaS3 by the double whammy of both having diminishing returns (as tested by the faggot who figured it out; even with the max possible poise a dregling with a dagger only needs 3-4 swings to stagger you) and the fact that equip load is now locked behind the dump stat formerly known as Resistance.

You have to pump resistance to raise equip load. That's significantly fewer points to spread between your Vigor, Endurance, and damage stats. Seeing as the people who give a shit about PvP have a meta revolving around a capped SL, that means if you want heavy weapons AND heavy armor you have to sacrifice something significant.

As it stands you sacrifice something significant and gain nothing in return because they fucking disabled poise in the code like retards.

Except you're sacrificing at most 10 points from your STR/DEX to gain immunity to any preventative measure from you chugging. In addition to always beating out faster weapons. You don't even do that much less, and the fact that you can get 2 hits off for every one hit they get off you, or parry the second and use the pocket +10 critweaponhere to get your riposte. If they're using a slow as fuck weapon then all the more reason you can just evade and hit them.
There's really no contest between mobility and poise here because of how the game's anti-stunlock works

Any guide on how to turn it on? I hate the lack of poise, it makes any type of heavy armor worthless.

???

Don't forget that the equip limit is 70%, because fatroll in this game punishes your stamina regen so harshly that you might as well preemptively kill yourself if you get in a fight with another player.

You'll be shadow banned instantly.