VITA Thread

"Megane is the best" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/05/13/toukiden-2-ps-vita-demo-hits-japan-on-may-24th-with-cross-platform-play/
nichegamer.com/2016/05/13/new-caligula-trailer-introduces-preview-battle-mechanic/
psnprofiles.com/guide/3482-Moe-Chronicle-Monster-Girl-Guide
tweetsave.com/kenichirotakaen/status/717965466501844992
youtube.com/watch?v=e5D59seq_4g
youtube.com/user/msx3do/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0
cs.furyu.jp/caligula/
archive.is/qDhK5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just started up Demon Gaze. Beating the fire demon gave me enough cash to open up my fourth character slot, so at the moment I'm running with my Gazer, an Assassin, a Samurai, and a Healer. Still getting a feel for the system, puzzling out how to go about doing builds since I don't really know what skills are going to open up or what stats they depend on. Otherwise, SRW Z3 Jigoku-hen, Makai Senki Disgaea 3 Return, and I really need to get around to playing in no particular order Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni, A Maze to Eradicate Them All, Tokyo Xanadu, the Senrans on the Vita, and the Choujigen Neptune franchise.

I've currently got orders on Amazon for Caligula and Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, as well as Ys VIII

Still in the land of DT2. I've got 350+ hours on this game. I think I have a problem. I'm actually likely to be very damned torn when I finally do all I want in this game since it'll mean I'd be playing others with less enthusiasm. Hopefully, Dungeon Travelers 2-2 is out by then.

Blanc & Neptune vs Zombie Army. Fuck this month of paycheck hell and fuck last month while I'm at it.

Moe Crystal (Asia release WHEN, CH/IF?), Bullet Girls (wanna try it) Gal Gun (same), Demon Gaze, Gravity Rush—Y'know what?

DEMOS. Vita and games in general need more demos. That way I can test what I want and see if it's worth nabbing.

Nada

Blanc physical just as soon as that damn check clears. Odin Sphere a month or so from now.

Trillion God of Destruction NG+
A bigger memory card
Just beat Trillion for the first time and got the dog ending.
Bought Cyber Sluts and Deemo like a month ago and they still haven't arrived.

DT2 in the neverending spiral of grind to get all my char to lvl 30 before retrying the Bearsheepstan boss. At least tier 3 classes get some really insteresting potential.

more time to play

DT2 I guess

nothing yet, if I start buying new games I'll never finish those I already have

Thanks for making the thread user. I forgot to check to make a new thread last night and wound up passing out.

Gundam Breaker 3 mostly. This game is hard to put down, it's so fun. I want to go back and play a little more SAO Lost Song and some Taiko, but I can't tear myself away from GB3 or make myself change Vita cartridges. If I do take a break from GB3 for a little bit, I just wind up playing Onechanbara Z2 Chaos or Far Cry 4.

I'm also wanting to go back and play some more DT2 and do my first NG+ run of Trillion. I haven't touched Trillion since after getting the bad ending. I need to finish up Moe Chronicle too. I'm over halfway through that I'm pretty sure I'm in that asian-city dungeon, I forget its name. But it's got that even with the bathouse and the /ara/ that's thirsty for the MC?

GalGun Double Peace, Zero Time Dilemma, Hatsune Miku Project Diva X, SAO Hollow Realization, Uppers & Valkyrie Drive in English, and that English-Asia release for Moe Crystal

I guess GB3. I'm actually only still on Chapter 2. I've been spending a good deal of time in Bounty Hunter mode. Getting to see and fight other people's Gundams is pretty rad. Let me know if you guys see my ZGok

Just sent the email to Heavyarm to order my own physical copy of SSD. Will the save file transfer from the digital version already on my Vita?

> fun?
Very much so. I don't think I'll ever get tired of drilling, suplexing, and pile-driving other mobile suits.

was it your first run?
Do tell, how did you do it? did you pump just all your stat points into speed? I tried balancing my raw ATK with SPD and I never could defeat that final form.

HOTWHEELS STOP EATING MY PICTURES

This was supposed to be in the post as well, it's my ZGok, the mobile suit I main with.

Been waiting on limited edition of Stranger of Sword City. It's been over two and a half weeks now.

:(

Yep.
I put all my stat points on ATK and SPD, sold a bunch of stuff to get lots of gold and upgrade my weapon as much as I can, and put on a range seal so I can attack him even when he hides behind that pink barrier. It still was hard as fuck though. I could only kill him using Final Blow.

ahhh, I didn't even consider that. I just stacked on Transient Seals and ones that increase your ATK. And then I'd invest in skills like Ambush and Armor Strike, and the skills that increase your Critical chances and the amount of damage a critical hit does. That, paired with Ambush, did some decent damage, but obviously not enough in my case. I probably shouldn't have bothered with that stuff and should've just dumped those points into SPD & ATK.

There were a few times I was INSIDE the pink barrier with Trillion, but that may very well have been a bug, since it didn't work every time. But it granted a few free hits.

I need to boot up that NG+ save I have. I started a file for it, using Mammon first, but then it crashed and I lost about 5 cycles worth of training. I wonder if the amount of space on my memory card has to do with any of it…
but once I get my SSD physical copy, I'll have a 3 more GB freed up.

Nice! So even if you kill Trillion with the Final Strike/Death Skill, your Overlord survives then? That's nice to know. Any idea how much damage you did with it? I hate that the game doesn't show you exactly how much damage the Final Strike does. In my case, it always seemed to do about 36 Billion. so I didn't use it much. For my Death Skills, I usually Sealed a part of Trillion or Fortified the next Overlord's weapon. In fact, when I was on my final Overlord, I had ALL of Trillion's parts sealed, but she could still use Last Supper. Sealing the Wings on Final Form seems to be the only really efficient thing to Seal, since Trillion couldn't use the wind to push you back. The body wouldn't be a bad idea to seal too, since it has such a high armor defense.

It's would've been all right even if that didn't work for you. You get one more Overlord after Cerberus.

GB3. I'm on Chapter 4 and currently trying out am axe after doing crazy ass combo with the whip and I believe Astray Blue Revise's backpack. They compliment each other well especially if you like long ground into aerial combos. Plus whip has an AoE stun move. Very, very useful with the AI allies being somewhat less useful as time goes on.
Play Asia to ship my order. I picked up Dragon Crown, Tales of Hearts R, and Bullet Girls 2.
Got a ways to go with Gundam Breaker 3 I think.
Thinking about preordering Soul Sacrifice Delta from HeavyArms.
Gundam Breaker 3 gets me through the slow times at my job. Ton of fun and I can spend hours customizing a gundam.

I died right after getting him down to 30 billion hp and my Final Blow killed him, so yeah, it must do around 35 billion damage.
Oh I forgot about the skills. The only ones I learned were Eco-Spell, Charge and Tetrad Slash to move around faster and Cannon Spike to kill the Duplicates in one hit.
Yeah, that was nice. I really didn't want to see the poor doggy die.

I sealed Trillion's body and fork and then used Final Blow until it died. I didn't have much trouble with her wings because she usually stops using them to push you back after you get close. Too bad you can't seal Last Supper, that skill was really annoying.
Yes, I noticed. I think I'm gonna try to get her ending before I keep playing NG+.

Well damn. I was actually hoping you were gonna say Trillion had more health than that left because that would mean Final Strike would level up in power as you/your attack do. A shame though. But good on you for managing to defeat Trillion, especially on your first run.

I'll make note of this then. I had all of those skills, but I think investing in the Critical/Ambush skills fucked me over.

It was pretty sad to see.

Last Supper is Final Form's most annoying attack, bar-none. It's an instant-kill every time, I'm fairly certain, and it's a pain in the ass to dodge, and impossible to dodge if you don't have a Skill that moves you.

You can also revive a previous Overlord as well, instead of using Faust as your final Overlord, depending on the choice you make when the Love Gem scene happens. If you stop Baphomet, Faust will be your Final Overlord. If you don't then an Overlord of your choosing (that you had 100% affection with when she went to fight Trillion) will be your Final Overlord, I'm pretty sure. I don't think you can use Faust if you revive a dead Overlord, since she mentions about being totally drained of magic/weakened.

It looks to fit an OLED model with the Joetsu grip? Not being able to fit it in any of my cases is a pretty big concern. If I knew that the things weren't gonna end up disappearing or something I wouldn't be so worried about breaking it by taking it on and off and would just buy a new one if I had to. Those clips are so stupid. They should've just used some other method, since most Vita games don't need the buttons.

Can some one post the "must own games" image

There's probably a newer one, but here's one.

Thank you very much

There IS a more recent one, from March of this year iirc. I don't have it on my phone, unfortunately. I'll have to post it when I get off work, unless another user has it and posts it.

There IS a newer one, from March iirc, but I don't have it on my phone. I'll have to post it when I get home from work

no rush mate, thanks

So… It fits, but it's snug. There's a little flap with some kind of semi-firm thin cardboard/plastic on the inside that keeps the system from fitting inside as loose as I would like, and I feel like it's a 50/50 that actually carrying the thing around in the case might cause some analog stick wear and tear.

Also there's a little bit more room lengthwise than I'd like; it's a pretty large case, about half the size of a shoebox if I were to eyeball it. That said there doesn't seem to be any room to store anything else in it, unless you want to either store it loose so it bounces around, store it in the little flap around the outside of the case, or store it in the slots where it could conceivably go at the risk of causing more pressure stress to the frame of the console and/or the analog sticks, maybe the triggers too. With the trigger grips I got from play-asia (I forget the brand but it was the only pch-1000 grips that came on the store for a while and sold out really fast) it seems like this case is your best option, aside from using a drawstring bag. I'm honestly not sure what the better option would be. If you keep your screen clean and are at risk of dropping whatever you carry your Vita in, this case is the clean winner. Otherwise I'd say get yourself a bag, maybe a second one for accessories and games (so you don't scratch your screen up dumbass) and that might be a better option.

^Those two points are moot for me though, I was curious and had a credit on my account, and now my Vita is unexposed to the elements, though there is some light pressure on the frame. Feels complete to have a place to store it, like a treasure chest I can open whenever I want to gaze at it lovingly.

Hope I was helpful. If I wasn't so lazy I'd take some pics for reference, but if your only worry is, "Will it fit?" the answer is probably yes, since it's been said the grip I got is the biggest one. Just don't expect to safely put anything else in there.

This it?

That's the one user. Thanks a ton~

At this point i've pretty much just given up on the vita, last game i tried was trails of persona and it's almost like "playing" FF13 all over again, also my vita's battery was doing some screwy things.

A SRW game or something, also anything from LRGs, because fuck it

Nothin'

Oddworld new n tasty, Futurium , and i just got summon night 5 a few weeks back

was thinking of getting trillion when it was on sale, but from what i hear it's either more autistic than disgaea or just harvest moon with button mashing.

Does anyone else have the case for their vita from play asia that adds the L2/R2 buttons? I got one for my model 1 vita, but I cant get the L2/R2 to work. I dont know if it is just a control setting on my vita, or in the game or something. Does anyone else have any knowledge of this?

So I asked this in the last thread but I the older thread was past 300 posts by the time I posted and now it's been bumped off, so I'll ask again:

Sony has been marketing the PS Vita as a "PS4 Companion," as of late and I was wondering in what way does a PS Vita interact with a PS4?
Are there any decent features between the two?

I ask because I plan on getting a bloodbornebox at some point, probably when the PS4 Neo is released.

Well, I think the PS3 has more Vita interaction - since a PS3 can serve as a Vita backup center, and you can DL applications to a PS3 and then install them to a Vita.
PS4 can interact with the Vita wirelessly, by remote play. It's basically a second controller. Before I got my second dualshock4, I'd play versus in MKX by using my Vita as a second controller, but watching the TV instead of the Vita screen.

Remote play in PS4 works with pretty much anything, unlike PS3's remote play (unless you got CFW). You can play any PS4 game without a TV this way (in case someone is snatching the TV, you can still play).

Aside from that, there's nothing like in the PS3->Vita feature list. Connecting a Vita to a PS4 with the cable will only charge it, nothing more.

Just started in DT2, not really sure what to think of it since there is a decent amount of grinding involved like it should be and it looks like it had a bigger budget compared to something like Demon Gaze.

But the censorship keeps bothering me.

I know Tom was okay with it but I can't not be reminded of it when playing.

Odin Sphere, Blanc + Zombies, Bullet Girls 2, Gal Gun

Estival Versus

Nothing.

I'm sure you girls will love this. Idea Factory and Otomate are making Osomatsu-san the otome game.

Thanks, I guess I'll wait it out for the time being. I was actually thinking of some Xbone analog sticks on it and it sounds like it definitely won't fit with those things. I'm gonna have to see how I like them though too, because if I don't they'll be coming right back off. (I'm really wondering if I should paint the face of the grip too. The plain black just feels boring compared to what I was used to.)

You might have to go into the options and turn the back touchpad back on. I was actually having trouble with that FFXV demo, but then remembered I had a digital copy of The Last of Us and it worked immediately. Even if they have them mapped how you don't like for a game you should probably be able to change them in the accessibility options. I haven't played any other games that needed it though yet, so someone who used it longer should know more.

Yeah, like user said here
the main thing is remoteplay. I think some games can use it to display the game map or to customize your car and shit like that, but the main thing most people are gonna do is play PS4 games on their Vita

DT2 ALL DAY

POST YER DT2 WAIFU I'LL CRITIQUE YOU BASED ON YER POST

MO' MONEY FOR MO' VITA GAMES

MY DICK ON MELVY

NOTHING, BECAUSE I JUST SPENT MY LAST WAD OF CASH ON DT2ohgodpleasehavemercyonme

I swear, DT2's word of mouth has GOT to have given it a long tail.

May the man who denies Lilian's status as best be stung on his gonads by 1000 angry bees.

This game is pretty fun, though the grind is very real.

No waifu. But Ist. Easily. Lilian a second best cutie, tho.

Fine patrician of good tastes. May you dream of her cursing you under her breath tonight

Excellent, true patrician of class. I can infer that you'd actually want to impregnate Ist (Who wouldn't?)

Of course. Only drawback of the game is the protag never takes Ist up on her offers (she's offered twice so far that I've seen). Makes me wish Aqua would do a special PC release with lewds. Shit would be cash.

A lil something for the melvy lover, meanwhile.

HeavyArms is a good store. Fuck the scalpers.

I haven't played enough of DT2 yet to really decide. But all this talk of DT2 recently is making me want to go back and play.

Maid-Sensei a best, but Lilian is a close second.

Got a crapton of dungeon grinders to catch up on, figured I'd start with Moe Chronicle since it's the easiest and save the best ones for last.

Goblin a cute!

Nothing recently, new games keep arriving and wanting to be tried out so I forget what I was doing in previous ones and might as well start them over.

Anyone hyped for Toukiden 2?

nichegamer.com/2016/05/13/toukiden-2-ps-vita-demo-hits-japan-on-may-24th-with-cross-platform-play/

is cfw for the vita a thing?

No maybe in 6 years

New Caligula gameplay video released.
nichegamer.com/2016/05/13/new-caligula-trailer-introduces-preview-battle-mechanic/

Yeah, it's only been like 4 years. What's your rush? Once Sony makes it clear they'll never make another handheld and only cares about remote play apps with the PS4, and Nintendo fucks up their united ecosystem handheld/console whatever, I'm sure people will have a renewed interest.

I feel free. Oh god.

By the way…

LRG is love, LRG is life.

If you're by chance one of the people talking with them, can you ask if there's any chance they can possibly work something out with TK in regards to people that got the digital versions, since until now there's been absolutely no other option (for the Arland games and Ayesha, anyhow) for playing them on the Vita? I'm sure a lot of people would have opted for physical instead if given the option from the get-go.

I'm not one of the folks talking to them right now, but they're active on Twitter and they've got their own forums. They're very, very transparent about what they're doing and what-not.

I'm pretty sure they'll have Atelier sorted out before then, but I WILL be interviewing them during E3, if that matters much.

Makes me wish I had some money to spare to get them then (considering how much physical copies of stuff like Ar Nosurge Plus go for these days, I could see Atelier Plus physical copies turning into similar cases, though admittedly I'm not sure how hard E&L Plus has been hit on the scalper market); part of why I'd hope perhaps something could potentially be done for people that have already bought it digitally; maybe TK sends a voucher for a physical copy if someone wanted it, and deactivates the digital ones on your account in exchange? Not sure how that would work out though.

I don't use social media myself, but I do hope some other anons do and would be interested in inquiring about it.

I'll be honest, something like that won't happen. The only reason that they're doing physical copies is because…

1. LRG is brunting the cost of the actual physical copies for KT.
2. KT wants to get both new and double-dip buyers.

Virtua Tennis 4 recently actually
I WANT TO FIND MY BLOODY GAME I LOST
I guess Virtua Tennis 4
Well Virtua Tennis and Soul Sacrifice were the last things I got
>Fun?
Maybe but I'm actually pissed I lost a game

Aren't these the people who were thinking of bringing Yakuza 5 physically to the west

A coupon or something towards them at the very least would be nice. But yeah, I can see how they wouldn't go for a full 1:1 exchange.

I just wish KT would have offered physical copies of them from the fucking start out here, but they've been so leery of doing so for the Vita. I mean, I know the PS3's got a larger customerbase, but they've had no issues in doing regular retail print runs for the basic versions on there; do they really find the Vita customerbase that low in comparison? Even XSEED and various other companies are willing to do regular retail physical releases here for the system. And Atelier games being so large on memory space means physical versions would have been ideal for customers anyhow.

I think fans were hoping they'd get in contact with Sega over it. Not sure if anything actually happened between them as far as talks go.

So for anyone who's played Demon Gaze, any suggestions on party builds? I've gone Gazer, Assassin, Samurai, Healer so far, and I'm leaning towards either a Wizard or a Ranger for the last slot.

pretty sure a wizard is a must. I never got rid of mine anyway. game's wasy anyway so it doesn't matter until you hit the very late game.

Fair enough, I've been coasting through relatively easily, though things seem to be picking up a tiny bit, but that might also be because I have godawful luck with getting new gear.

Yes

I want to see El's majestic ass get fucked

Apologies, didn't see your post.

An astute patrician's choice. You can't help but shiver when she gives her "lessons" to you.

soon?

can you ask them, PC release when?

My African-American friend

Goblin was the first one I got to 100% affection, and then Orthrus was soon after her.
come to think of it, I still haven't beaten Moe Chronicle either….

Oh, and someone made a handy-dandy guide for the Monster Girls to add to your party, these are just the main ones, and don't include the hidden ones, if I'm not mistaken

psnprofiles.com/guide/3482-Moe-Chronicle-Monster-Girl-Guide

I was kind of excited for this, but if I read that the PS4 framerate tanks like a sinking ship, so I can only wonder what the Vita frames will be like. why can't KT just give us a locked framerate at least? Fuck my shit up fam.

The claw thing looks cool though, I just hope they make it more challenging than Toukiden Kiwami, because right now TK is the easiest of the "hunting" games on the Vita, bar none. Even easier than Ragnarok Odyssey Ace has been.

The King of Fighters '99
The Last Blade 2
Got a long road ahead of me for Gundam Breaker 3
looking for a used copy of Natural Doctrine for a decent price is a pain in the ass
I'd be having more fun if KoF 99 had a full button layout customization, rolling and using your striker is pretty awkward on the vita

I'll be hyped if it gets a physical release, if not I'll just pass.

How is Virtua Tennis? I've been considering picking that up.

It's brilliant. Amazing graphics, smooth framerate, nice balance of realism and arcade.

It's also out of print and withdrawn from sale on PSN due to expired licenses. Snap one up if you can.

I should have bought it a while back, then. Looks like I can't get it for a decent price now.

What a bro.

I'm excited for the chance at getting a physical of the Atelier games, yet at the same time upset, because I know the game will sell out in 5 or 10 minutes. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy.

Hopefully any anons that want the game will be able to get a copy too

the hell? are they only selling 100 units or something?

They don't do that many copies of games. I meant to pick up a physical copy of the new Oddworld game for PS4 that they were doing, but forgot about it.

But it's pretty limited. I think they did this for Retro City Rampage, and that's worth about $70 physical.

If Sony does in fact give up on making a new handheld, that'll essentially be them abandoning the home market and trying to focus purely on the West. You can basically write them off as a gaming company in that case.

Now I'm just waiting for the game to turn around and smack me in the face right when I think I've got a grip on it.

It's their own fault though, trying to sell the Vita in the west as an additional PS4 controller instead of as PSP 2.0. Though I'm sure not having Monster Hunter didn't help that at all.

Oddworld sold out in about 20 minutes on Vita. A game like Atelier, which many people want physical will go really fast if they only have 2500 copies available.

Well, it wasn't always remote play, but I guess, ever since release they've been pushing this whole "real console experience" type of shit anyway. It just fucked things up and ended up getting Vita games compared to console ones though anyway. Somehow people still even seem to expect some type of Vita and PS4 parity too. If the PS4 shared games with the 3DS can you imagine people doing that? Sony is retarded.

Just think of all those great games we'll be able to play on our $600 phones if the devs move there (and make them all FTP and a lot smaller, with shitty controls.)

I really hope it comes back.
Being able to listen to your own music while playing is a huge boon.

Should I be concerned about my PS One games occasionally stuttering?

I also got an error that doing a search said meant the vita memory card might be corrupted, I did a format on it but still, I hope its not fucking up on me, this thing is barely 5 months old.

I've never had them stutter, but you should be able to rebuild the database without formatting it. I've never done it myself, so someone else would likely know more than me. Just search rebuild database or something.

That's pretty gay.

Does anyone actually enjoy using the vita for remote play?
Everything is microscopically small and, unless you have one of those trigger cases, using touchscreens to make up for lack of l2/r2/l3/r3 is distracting to the point of fuck this.
Hell some game's control scheme presets don't even make those usable.

I wish the Vita had actual l2/r2 buttons whenever I use it for remote play. The back touchpad just doesn't cut it at times.

Having said that, should Sony ever get crazy enough to try and create a successor to the VIta, I'd like them to either trade the back screen for or just add l2/r2 buttons. I'd also like a better wifi system, 2.4gHz only is a pain. I also wonder if they could make an upgrade-able system where you could just pop in a new motherboard, screen, etc. after it gets too old.

Mobile gaming became too popular and the loss of MonHun hurt sales quite a bit. Sony went a bit overboard with anti-piracy after the psp fiasco, which didn't help either.

They did that after the Vita had essentially failed to compete. Even Nintendo is going mobile, so it shows what mobile gaming did to portable gaming as a whole.

I think it will be great when more JRPGs and stuff get released, but my problem is damn near every Japanese game that I'm interested in for it has a Vita copy anyway, so I just buy that for cheaper instead. Now that I have a grip I figured I'd try playing some games exclusively through remote play, but I've been trying to catch up on games I already started. I finished 2 games in the last week, so maybe after one more I'll start a PS4 game. I'd like to know more about all this stuff, so I can at least help people who are having problems and shit and get more use out of that console though.

Yeah, I'm not sure why Sony didn't at least commission some nice grips with buttons. Even things like The Last of Us that they used to show remoteplay off at expos and stuff used the back touchpad to aim and shoot. Having the default layout use the back touchpad for L2 and R2 just seems stupid. On a controller those are usually used as important buttons with L1 and R1 being less important, but for the Vita most people would prefer to use L&R over the stupid touchpad. It just seems backwards to me.

Them expecting the 3DS to sell anywhere near what the DS did would be stupid. The DS was this awesome new thing no one ever even saw before and really their first handheld that could pull off 3D graphics. The 3DS is pretty much just a slightly upgraded version of something everyone already owned, only with a stupid 3D gimmick that barely anyone used, but inflated the price for no reason. I don't think they're even close to being on the same level.

Cyber Sleuth. Anyone know how long this game is? its been 20 hours and I still don't feel anywhere close to the end. The writing is good quality, but the actual gameplay is easy as fuck and it just overall feels like it's gone on for too long

Caligula, but that'll probably take a year to get released in the west

Anyone know any good RPGs? I already have all the Personas, TiTS 1&2, and Cold Steel.
Is the aiming good for EDF or is it shitty and slow like in Freedom Wars?

any time management tips for Rorona? the game is really nice but I hate time limits on anything, gives me anxiety

bump

Please lord no. I don't want anymore salsa.

I think I'll have to grind for this one. On my second try, I got her down to about 1k hp left, but since I have a class change coming up shortly for Grishna anyways, I might as well call it quits and just wait for that. Also some bosses I have yet to kill in the optional secondary areas of some of the other fields.

That's some bullshit. Shit like this is the only thing I dislike about this game so far. This kind of crap encourages looking shit up preemptively on wikis, and that's gay.

Advice for Rorona is just observe how the first run goes. There's enough content that a second or third run won't be a drag. Take the first one to learn the system, play fast & loose, and see where things take you. Then, your second playthrough, buckle down apply what you learned.

This is actually easier than it sounds once you acclimate to Atelier's style of gameplay. Ayesha was comfy as hell my first time through & I got the default bad end. But then I whizzed through the second one & made so many great items and concluded a lot of character events.

I barely remember that fight, but then I had also grinded to beat the option bosses at that point. Oops.

Entirely valid point. Though consider it this way—some (certainly not all) single target techs are really good for boss or single monster bait (which is going to be a thing in your future very soon). I think my big complaint about both is that both Attract & Provoke don't have a good counter support to go with it. Both would seriously benefit from a Guaranteed Counter tech. Wish I spoke moon better to write to the devs to see if they'd consider that for DT2-2.

I'm just frustrated that I spent a large majority of my incredibly precious skill points expending them on something that immediately becomes near-worthless later on, with absolutely no way of foretelling besides cheating and looking at guides. I felt this way as well when I had just started the game, dumping all of Melvy's points into Poison, only to learn shortly thereafter that poison damage is capped at a paltry 50.

I don't want the game to have something like an option to simply refund skills since that's casual faggot-mode, but I really wish there was some way of alleviating these kinds of mistakes. Punishing me for doing something pointless and stupid, when there is no imaginable way (in-game) to know it's stupid, is kind of lame.

Also, when do I get my next maid character? I'm on chapter 6, and I've been waiting to swap one in for a long time.

They've already said that they're going to have a much bigger run for Atelier. Probably at least 5k, though 10k isn't out of the question.

More Vita models. Caligula this time.

hi what do i get if I liked persona 4 golden and anime girls

Does Sony just… let devs release their own LE Vita in Japan?

So uhm how do i cfw it to run psp isos?.

Can you Pirate on the Vita?

I also found some chinese made memory cards for the vita for really cheap

Goddamn, why are prices so high on the Japanese PSN? It'd be cheaper for me to just import physical editions. I mean, for Digimon World: Next Order, depending on where I get it, I could save 20-30 dollars.

Also, how is the localization of Muramasa: Rebirth? It looks like a very Japanese game, I'm tempted to import it because of that reason alone (I usually like playing games that take place in Japan in Japanese), but I'm also tempted to buy an American copy because it's cheaper.

It's an RPG by the guy who wrote the non-shitty Persona games, I'd say that's big enough to justify an LE Vita.

Muramasa Rebirth was translated fine.

I hope it gets localized with dual audio since I loved Persona 1 and 2.

Not bad, plays pretty well

Guess its good I found a copy then, but then again being an Aussie Sports games are the easiest to find

Such a fun game and it left me feeling salty in the end.

Never trust anyone's translations but your own.

I'm having trouble continuing Trillion. I just managed to get him into his second form using Perpell as my first overlord. I figured I wouldn't care about her too much since I'm rarely ever fond of her character archetype so it would be okay to sacrifice her. The problem was that I was only thinking of romantic feelings. I didn't consider paternal feelings at all and now I don't want her to die when I know that her next battle will be her last. Hell, the thought of it alone is depressing enough already that I'm playing fucking Dark Souls just to cheer myself up. How do I ease the pain? Also since I'm gonna have to sacrifice her anyway, what's the best way to make it count?

Also, forgive me if I botched up spoiler tags. I normally just lurk.

バンプ

bump yet again

some threads just want to die, user. Let go, think about her feelings.

There's no way the thread is actually close to being wiped in 2 hours. This board doesn't move that fast.

besides my bumps, no one has actually posted in here for 8 and a half hours

So what? That doesn't change the fundamental fact that the board was in no danger of being killed after your initial bump.

XSEED has sent out E3 appointment emails. At least on the show floor, there are NO Vita exclusives. No Tokyo Xanadu, no Valkyrie Drive, no Uppers.

We might get them still, but they won't be demoed at their booth. With everything that they are showing, it'll be crowded as it is.

Aren't those games all out already? I know the first two are for a fact.

Play the Arena Bounty Hunter mode, that's a good way to get some fresh parts. Or you could always just go play the multiplayer.

Just give her the best send-off you can, dish out all the damage you literally are able to before Trillion crosses that line.

With many schools having final testing going on in at least in USA, the board as a whole has slowed down a good bit, such is expected. It wouldn't be the first time a Vita thread has come clsoe to dying.

Besides, the Vita won't get another real game release until One Piece Burning Blood comes out on the 31st, unless you're really looking forward to The Last Blade 2, which comes out on the 24th.

I should be a better OP and bump the thread every few hours, but I've been distracted with building Gunpla and playing FFX

I think tonight I'm gonna go back to DT2 and see what I can do to get back on track. I was having fun until I hit that road bump at the tower, I just have never gone back to get over the bump and beat that Harpy senseless.

nice digits friendo

I'm a little disappointed. I would've loved to see a VD display at E3 and all the feminazis whining about how "oppressive" it is.

XSEED is a localization company/publisher.

They will be showing off something that's not even announced in Japan yet, though… Akiba's Trip, anyone?

Or Fate/Extella since Marvelous is contracted to make the game for Nasu and Sony

Oh, we're talking about foreign releases, my bad.

Fate/Extella is ONE game they're doing, but they're also going to show off a currently unannounced even in Japan title as well.

> I should be a better OP

Obviously, I didn't make this thread, but still, as someone who makes quite a few of these threads, I should bump them. Once again though, distracted.

Far as I know, Muramasa Rebirth is translated well. A lot better than Ignition did for the Wii original, though I suppose that's not exactly a hard feat to accomplish provided the people at hand actually know what they're doing. Seriously not sure how Ignition could manage to do alright translating something like Nostalgia on the DS (gamebreaking bugs in some prints aside), yet horrendously botch Muramasa Wii's translation.

The yen is weak in Japan, console games are expensive as fuck which is why handheld and mobile are popular.

That's not the reason why though, he's talking about the difference in cost between physical and digital versions of the same game.

While I don't know for sure, personally, I believe it comes down to convenience - digital is easier to store than physical, and physical space is at a premium in this country. Convenience is a big thing here: whereas bottled water in the States will be more expensive for bigger bottles (e.g. 50 cents for a 500 mL bottle and a dollar for a 1.5 L bottle,) I can get a 2 L bottle of water for about 100 yen when a 500 mL bottle will usually go for about 110-130 yen.

Is there an actual reason for one account per card, or is it just the result of Sony being Jews?

Just because there's no releases doesn't mean there's nothing to talk about. This was just announced for example.

I'm actually happy to get a little break. There's way too much stuff on the horizon for me and these are just things I'm definitely buying, that have release dates. There's other stuff I'm interested in too.

(I want Root Letter so fucking bad. Sure wish Xseed would quit fucking around and release Net High too.)

Shuhei Yoshida said that he felt the Vita was a more personal device that everyone will own individually, so there was no need for more than one. He compared it to how people don't share their cell phones. Personally, I just wish they'd let you buy shit regardless of region. It's stupid that I should even need to change accounts every time I want to buy a game not even offered here.

Finally defeated that Siren. She wiped me out twice, her Air Turbulence was a bit tough at first, but on the third consecutive attempt I nailed her and got the vault key.

I can't say why I had so much trouble before fighting Grishna, she was piss-easy after getting everyone to level 15 for their first class change.

My current party:

Alisia: Berserker
Conette: Bard
Lilian: Trickster
Monica: Archer
Melvy: Sorceress

Now I've beaten Siren and I've made it to Gargoyle, and she's been wiping the floor with me. I'll have to rethink my party…

True true. It seems like there's more to discuss whenever a game is about to release/just released though.

That, however, I haven't heard about. I already have One Way Heroics on Steam though, it's a neat little game. I do hope this is more of a redux/deluxe version than just a port.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I wonder if they're just keeping things quiet for all the games they're working on, or if they're really that preoccupied with ToCS 2 SURELY they're doing more games currently than just ToCS, r-right?

What a bullshit excuse. Gaming systems aren't cellphones and he damn well knows that.

Considering their deal with Falcom, it wouldn't surprise me if stuff like Ys and Trails take a bit of priority over other possible games (though I'm not sure how much they weigh at compared to Marvelous' own games, XSEED being their US branch and all). Also wouldn't surprise me if they don't want to announce too many things at once, lest they start getting a bunch of inquiries about what sort of time frame X game is going to be released in (similar to how some fan translators don't immediately make it public that they've picked up a game to translate until they have something to present as progress; "project start date" not being the same as "announcement" date).

Wait, Cold Steel II already has a set western release date? Might be wrong, but I'd thought it was going to be another winter release like the first. Also, any word yet as to what systems Cold Steel III will be coming to? Wondering if Falcom's still apt to be doing another PS3/Vita release with it, or if they might be pushed to make it PS4 instead or something at this point.

Almost everything is done with Cold Steel II. Voices are done, translation is done, editing is done - the only things left to do are bug-testing and submitting to Sony. It'll probably be a September release at that rate.

I know it has classes based on Danganronpa. i have no idea if those were in the original game though.

I think they might announce some stuff at e3 or shortly before it. That's what they did last year right? I think that happened anyway.

For some reason they wanted the Vita to be like a halfass smartphone at first. They kept saying that they weren't competing with Nintendo either and that the cell phones were their competition. Pretty stupid really, since I think most of us bought one for the games and not, because it has an MP3 player or web browser, and twitter/facebook apps and shit like that. I doubt it made anyone sell their smartphone. It almost seemed like the opposite of their lazy ass job doing the PS4's firmware, really, where they said it was all about the games and took away tons of feature the PS3 had. (Even when it comes to games, I still can't even play a PS1 game on it or even 1/10th of the PS2 games the PS3 could.)

Not yet, they did say that it will have improved graphics compared to the other titles, but that might just be them getting more comfortable with the Vita or engine or something too. There was definitely always been room for improvement. If anything I'm guessing they might add PS4, but still release it for Vita and PS3.

Taking a break from Demon Gaze to play more Breaker 2. So far I'm liking it more than the original, if only because you can upgrade parts rather than just hoping for luck in snapping out a better quality version from a runner.

Just started Cold Steel, since I kinda want to be able to cover the sequel at E3 without fucking spoiling myself.

…I have to say, I'm not usually a fan of dubs, but Chiplock absolutely nails it on Rean's voice.

Haven't had a lot of time to play games lately. Usually I'd enjoy an hour or two on my bed with the PSTV, but the bed fell apart and the TV is too high up to look at comfortably. Pulled out my Vita since I couldn't sleep anymore this morning, and hooray, had to download an update which takes more than half an hour, goddamn it. Morning wasted. But at least I can play it later on, maybe, if another update doesn't need downloading. Gotta get back into Stranger Danger City and get it done before Gundam Breaker 3 arrives in the mail. Still pretty sad to hear that neither attached image nor any of its parts are attainable.

That's true. I would think that their own games (ie Marvelous games) would take even more priority. Or maybe they jump back and forth?

Oh that's something at least then. It's not like OWH wasn't fun or anything, but adding another few classes will liven things up some.

I don't remember, I hope it's the case though. I'm getting pretty thirsty for some more Marvelous goodness. At least give us some VD to go off of, I wouldn't expect an Uppers announcement since the game isn't even out in Japan yet though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Ys VIII english news come out when the game nears it's Japanese release though.

Yeah, the eng dubs are pretty hit and miss. Some of them are pretty shitty, while other's do pretty well, like Rean.

I dropped ToCS after a while though, I'll probably go back to it when ToCS 2 gets closer to release like I did with Atelier Ayesha

For some reason NISA isn't gonna sell Grand Kingdom's DLC. They're just adding it to the game, so it's on the cartridge or whatever from the start. I wish that shit would become standard practice. I can't even remember the last time I bought DLC, so I always miss out on everything.

Toukiden 2 was delayed until July 28th in Japan too. It's pretty worrying that there's still no Vita demo.

It's kind of fucked up, but my interest went way up when I saw Komaru. I don't even know if she has any dialogue or anything though either.

well, Komaru is pretty cute. She actually makes me want to play the DangItRonPaul games just so I can play Ultra Despair Girls.

At least they made the G Gundam attacks in the game strong as hell.

Bump

Bunp

That's encouraging. My exposure to gundam as a whole is limited so when even that limited exposure is tuned down by simply omitting neat-looking suits for so-over-designed-they're-lame/homogenous it's discouraging.

In this game, don't look at the overly busy mobile suit as a whole. Look at it as parts. Maybe the legs look sweet as hell for that custom gundam you're going to make? Or that really busy looking backpack allows you to use sweet option equipment and spice up your combos. I did that when I decided to use the whip.

If I remember correctly, the guy that voices Rean in English actually did a lot of research on the character or something before going in for a try out for the role.

Here's a video I just ran into with people pushing that "full console experience" bullshit, I was talking about. I'm sure Sony put them up to this, but Epic should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe part of the reason they want to leave the handheld market is, because they can't even lie as much as they'd like, without getting a class action lawsuit.

(Not sure if my other post will show up or not. I was trying to post a webm, but kept running into problems.)

Maybe this will work.

so was that supposedly running on a Vita or something? I'm a little confused

Yeah, it was misleading as fuck. They pretty much wanted everyone to think that the Vita was just as powerful as a PS3. I think it was in the video I linked where they said they ported that one game to Vita in a week or some bullshit too. Everything they did back then was pretty bad. They also liked to pretend it was some smartphone killer and talk about how big the screen was compared to phones, while doing all these retarded gyroscopic, front, and back touchscreen gimmicks. They really seemed to have no idea why people actually bought handhelds. They even did get sued over the Vita. You can see how bad some of it was at 35:10 in this video if you want.

Holy fuck that looks awful. I never knew they were hyping the Vita up to be like a portable PS3.

Is that supposed to be Uncharted 1 that he's showing off?

though it makes me wonder, why COULDN'T the Vita be that powerful? I wonder if they made it TOO powerful and then downgraded it like Nvidia has done to their graphic cards?

Holy god the Naginata is the best thing ever in Gundam Breaker.

Wouldn't surprise me, I remember hearing the PS2 went through something similar.

No that's Golden Abyss. The game has all types of gimmicky shit shoehorned into it. If I'm remembering correctly that's the game where you even need to put the damn Vita up to a light to solve some puzzles, where I actually had to turn the light way up in my room to get it to work. There's just a lot of annoying shit that makes it a game you probably don't want to play when trying to relax. I suppose, I probably still enjoyed the actual gameplay better than The Last of Us, but I never did finish it, since I have plenty of games that don't feel like some big budget tech demo.

I'm beginning to lose hope that we'll ever get an Omega Labyrinth release in English. I really hope this is one of the games XSEED is quietly working on…

Oh, I never knew that about the PS2. Why would they gimp their own consoles? I mean if it has the capability to have better output, why squander that? Why not crush the competition, if you have the capability? If they really did gimp the Vita from being a portable PS3, why? They could've sent the 3DS to an early grave possibly. Not having Monster Hunter was a massive detriment though, if they'd done that and given it better first party support.

Oh, glad I never picked that one up. I'd actually considered it at one point, glad I didn't waste the $15 for it.

I really don't think Xseed would do it. They're way too backed up and they seem pretty indifferent to fan service and Vita exclusive titles overall.

I kind of doubt they did. The Vita was pretty damn powerful for the time being and although I don't follow mobile hardware very closely, I'm not sure there was anything else feasible to use taking size and battery life and everything into consideration. If there was they probably would've been selling it at a higher loss than the PS3, which would be a pretty crazy gamble after what happened with the PSP. I'm pretty sure the memory card prices were even a result of selling the Vita as cheap as they did. (At this point I don't think they have an acceptable reason not to lower them though.)

I think that's about what I paid. For the price it's not too bad just to see what happens when Sony spends tons of money making a portable game. The combat sections can be fun and some people might enjoy the easy, climb around, all over, puzzles, but there's no way I'd ever be happy with it's original $50 price tag. I don't think Naughty Dog games are really for me though anyway, since I found The Last of Us even more boring gameplay wise.

The only other ones I could see picking this up would be Atlus, and I'm fairly doubtful they'd even do that.

Omega Labyrinth was developed my Matrix Software and published by D3 in Japan. The only other real game Matrix did was something called "Treasure Report: Kikai Jikake no Isan" for the Nintendo DS back in 2011. They have a history of being used to just make iOS/android ports of squeenix shit though. And this is they're most recent game. I'd hoped that maybe since XSEED localized one of their games in the past, they'd do it again. they also made Lost in Blue 2

developed by*

Matrix also did the FFIV remake on NDS which was pretty stellar. I didn't even learn that until just now. They also did the Four Heroes of Light game.

I wish smaller publishers would just grab stuff like this. It wouldn't really seem out of place in Idea Factory's lineup or even PQube now that they're even localizing GalGun. I wonder how Ray Gigant sold for Acctil. I would guess being digital only didn't help things.

Yeah, I actually bought that when it first came out. Better than the lazyass mobile ones SE likes to have them make, since it wasn't just a direct port. Those seem pretty pointless due to emulators.

how the fuck do you play without starving your brain for blood?
any tips and tricks? im playing at hard, feels to easy, should i go to the next difficulty mode?
any none bullshit way to transfer your screenshots to the pc?

The story I recall hearing, which I can't at all speak to the veracity of, is that the original build of the PS2 was capable of being used to do shit like launch missiles and there was a concern about certain groups (read: North Korea) acquiring them to do just that. It sounds unbelievably dumb, and I can't for the life of me find any sources, so obviouslyt ake it with a huge grain of salt, but, well, stranger things have happened.

>Why not crush the competition, if you have the capability? If they really did gimp the Vita from being a portable PS3, why? They could've sent the 3DS to an early grave possibly. Not having Monster Hunter was a massive detriment though, if they'd done that and given it better first party support.

Because hardware power doesn't matter as much as mustard race folks like to believe. Consoles sell entirely on games, we've seen this for decades now. Killing the 3DS was never on the table - despite the decidedly terrible launch of that platform, the Vita did worse by launching the very same month that Monster Hunter 3G came out on the 3DS. Add on DQ games coming out for the 3DS and not the Vita and then the announcement of Pokemon for it, and the Vita was basically doomed to be second fiddle to the 3DS forever. Which isn't to say the Vita failed the way Sony themselves seem to believe - it's still the second most successful platform of the 8th generation after all - but it was never going to compete with the 3DS when Monster Hunter, aka the reason the PSP was successful, became a 3DS exclusive.

I'm pretty sure Omega Labyrinth sadly just isn't suited to being localized right now, given the content of the game (questing for bigger boobs and being able to titfuck crystals you find, if memory serves) and current localization climate. It was good to see Matrix Software developing for an actual system again though; not sure how the game did in Japan, but hopefully they won't wind up having to spend another 4-5 years as a mobile port dev.

Matrix Software's been around since the PS1 days, with Alundra being one of their better known titles. It was only the last few years they got relegated to being a phone port dev.

They've actually developed for quite a few games between fifth and seventh gen. A good amount of them came west, but there's also a fair amount that remained Japan only, like Dragon Quest V PS2.

Unfortunate that Avalon Code either seemed to get ignored, or got poor marketing/low print run out here; it's a neat, if rather flawed game, and one that's fairly expensive to buy a complete copy of these days.

Couldn't wait any longer and tore open Stranger Danger and my god it's great. I don't mind moe but it's nice to have the option to choose a more 'serious'-feeling game aesthetic.

Is there any reason NOT to pimp your party out with dancer weapon passive all around?

No, Dancer is essentially the best possible subclass to go with. Ranger with Dancer subclassing is pretty OP for later boss fights. Penetration for days.

anyone?

Exactly. I would love for PQube in particular to pick it up, that'd be right up their alley and their total no-censorship stance. I thought Idea Factory International only localized Compile Heart and Otomate games though though in the past they did one for Aksys and one for NISA

But hell, I was pretty surprised GalGun Double Peace even got picked up at all.

Not really, most of those ecchi dialogue scenes are humorous to me rather than arousing. The game isn't a very serious one, it knows what it is and has fun with it.

Now, some of the monstergirl job panties? Unf. But even then, I don't really have that sort of issue while playing the game, since I'm busy playing the game. I still screencap of course.

You have a fair point. With all the bullshit going on, I'd be surprised to see it actually get the localization But maybe we can meme it into reality

OMEGA LABYRINTH IN ENGLISH NEVER EVER

bumping before bed

Maybe it could get a Asia release where it won't be censored but we are still waiting on Moero Crystal and hopefully Seven Pirates.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it come west, between Matrix Software actually making stuff for regular systems again and the whole quirky premise. I just think that either there would be a complete and utter media shitstorm (if they didn't just do a stealth release), or whichever group picked it up might opt to cut out content they feel's too lewd.

I mean, ideally I'd love to see XSEED grab it or something, but considering how Valkyrie Drive is apparently too lewd for Marvelous Japan to let come west (at least going off that one tweet from the developer; not sure if anything's changed since then), I'd think Omega Labyrinth might be considered way over the line. Though I suppose that's if any localization companies are even looking at it seriously.

Hey that sounds neat. Are there a lot of little combos like that, or is it all pretty much match stun weapon with damage weapons and go?

Is Matrix former Neverland staff? As in those devs that made Landstalker?

One can certainly hope and dream for such a release. At least Moe Crystal is already guaranteed/was announced ages ago, with how well Moe Chronicle has done. I hope Moe Crystal does well so we can get Seven Pirates too.

More than likely, it'd probably be a bigger shitstorm than when Dragon's Crown originally released

Then let's pray Atlus doesn't pick it up in favor of someone like PQube or XSEED.

Rejoice friendo, because our odds of getting Uppers and VD are greatly increased since you last heard:

tweetsave.com/kenichirotakaen/status/717965466501844992

Here's a new pantsu pirates trailer.

Also, spotted a new Gundam game listed on PlayAsia for PSVita & PS4.

I guess it's gonna revolve around SD gundams this time instead of HG/MG models. Not the biggest fan of SDs though.

YES. I hope the actual game runs as smoothly as they're showing here.

and here's the trailer

I find it kind of funny that it features more breast rubbing gameplay than battles. It might get an English version, but I doubt it will be released in the west. Some of the girls just look to young for people's backwards standards here.

The reaso. I recommend the whip is to learn the stun AoE. Once you master it, you can use it with any weapon. Then you can make your own combos. Lance, sword, and head guns is also a good combo.

Yeah, I was wanting to see how that worked out anyway. And I'd rather the Asia-English release than a western/localized release, no chance of fucking around with censoring or some other junk I'd prefer the same for Omega Labyrinth, but given that it's been ages since that game came out in Japan, I'm pretty doubtful it'd get an Asia-English release

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing anyone localize it at this point, because I doubt there will ever be an English version in any form. That's kinda why I don't even really care about Criminal Girls and all that stuff either. They fucked it up enough that I don't want to play it, but it's in English now, so if we ever do get CFW maybe someone will fix it. I figure that anyone paying to localize it should just help fund more games too, rather than no money at all for the rights.

Damn, I didn't know it got this bad already.

I stopped caring about Criminal Girls after NISA fucked it all up. I don't even want to import the Jap version or play a fan-translated PSP iso even. I just don't want to touch it or CG2.

But holy fucking shit, goddamned scalpers. The price has fucking tripled. I know it was $50 at launch, but I think for a while Amazon had it marked down to $40 Which was when I picked it up

Yeah, I might have cared more if the game looked better, but I really don't think we're missing out on much. I'm kind of surprised anyone even bothered with it in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that's what I paid too. I hope Estival Vesus doesn't just disappear or something. I'm not the biggest Senran Kagura fan, but I'd still like to have it at some point. It just sucks, because while I enjoy them, I don't really get $50 worth of enjoyment out of them either.

So Stranger of Sword City looks dank, and it seems like plenty of other people are interested as well. Does this mean that NISA isn't fucking up games anymore and it might be ok to buy from them now?

Aside from some semi-lewd CGs, I have to agree. Kisaragi has a cute butt, but that's not worth dropping $30~$40 on for a game that's been butchered to hell and back Hell, I only know this characters name because this was the original file name from when some other user posted it a few months back.

Don't hold your breath. As soon as you let your guard down they're bound to fuck up some other game.

Granted, if it's a game they're merely distributing and not actually localizing themselves, it's probably okay. But even then…

Guess I was lucky to get hold of it for 45$ when one of my local game stores went out of business.
>tfw bought more vita games in a day than I had ever bought since it released
>tfw hardly played them because I use a nip PSN account and don't get access to any western online or pantsu DLC

Stranger of Sword City and Demon Gaze almost feel like they were released by a different company. I tend to wait on NISA titles until I can get a feel from other people if they fucked up the game or not.

I just checked the GameFAQs boards and no one seems to be complaining about censorship. And yes, the site is full of pathetic apologists, but there's usually some discussion of it.

That actually seems like one of the better things I've seen. I didn't even think a lot of what I saw looked that good. It might have just been that I wasn't really into the art style in general though. I think most of the stuff from DT2 looks way better.

I don't play most of their games to know that much about them, but having played all of the Danganronpa games I think they did a pretty good job.
A lot of people were mad 1&2 weren't sold as one game though, since they were in Japan, but I really don't fault them for that, since they never released the first game for PSP and in Japan it was out for years already. That would've been a pretty huge undertaking and gamble, especially if they wanted the dubs and everything to remain the same quality.

I forgot the picture of this girl's ass.

I'm thinking of picking up Zero no Kiseki Evolution later this year but I'm wondering which account I should be logged into when playing it. I know the Sora games have some DLC but do the Crossbell games have any? If not then is there any advantage to being logged into my Japanese account? It's a bit of a hassle having to switch between two two so the less I have to do that the better.

Any of you know any cheap games on the vita store? Hopefully something to sink some time into
I have around 4 pound on there from some time back when I added some money, but I wouldnt mind adding a little more

Man, I was about ready to write this one off with that. Thankfully, a few screens later, it seems to say you can keep DFC. Thank god I actually stopped being a lazy cunt and kept reading.

The game doesn't look all that bad. The animations look a bit weird, especially the moving animation for the MC pirate girl. And you can definitely tell it's low energy RPG with a fanservice selling point, but all in all that's not bad

Hope it gets a English release in some unfucked form.

Yes do ask about PC. A Sophie release there would be great.

Occasionally Soul Sacrifice Delta gets marked down to about $3-4 here in the US. But as far as cheap stuff on the PSN goes, you're more likely to find cheap PS1 games unless you're waiting for a flash sale.

You are usually looking at Amazon's own prices with preview images like that one. Used copies are $45.

Not sure about Neverland, but Matrix Software comprised of former Climax Entertainment and Telenet Japan staff, and the former is indeed listed as having worked on Landstalker, Lady Stalker, and Time Stalkers. Probably why Alundra is noted to have felt similar.

I actually bought the physical edition at launch and never even opened the plastic wrap because I intentionally bought the digital download version for actually playing.

I kind of regret it to be honest. I don't really see the point of physical games anymore. Should have just stuck with the digital version from the start.

I don't care about JRPGs or gay ass chinaman porn cartoons. Is there anything tolerable on the Vita?

I got the name mixed up—it's Climax Entertainment. They're good stuff. Thanks for the list so I can hunt games for them, later.

As far as Matrix Software games go, as a heads up, be careful if you opt to pick up a copy of Nostalgia (which was co-developed with Red Entertainment). It's a lighthearted throwback to classic JRPGs (bit funny that Matrix Software helped make two of those, between that and 4HoL), but some copies have a gamebreaking bug. A cartridge with an existing save file of "The Adventurer's Epilogue" is a good indicator that it doesn't suffer from the glitch.

No American companies hate it outside of indies,

Looks like it's built on the Neptune engine which is good if the dungeons had more going on in them otherwise it's great that you can keep the breasts small if you want.

If this doesn't get a Asia English version then I might import it since it looks pretty easy to play.

Ayyy, Airship Q's Asia-Region version finally got that English update, it's about 8MB total, and has other languages and a shit-ton of bug fixes and a few new quests from the looks of it, will post screens in a little while.

I've barely actually even started the game though, so I'll probably just make a new game file and see how it all goes.

Here are said pics of the english translation. Seems pretty decent from what I've played since I posted an hour ago.

Something I did learn the hard way just now though was that you can only save at statues. The save option doesn't appear in the start menu unless you are actually standing next to it I never realized this, so now nearly an hour's worth of play is gone. But I digress.

This game looks maximum comf

Vita is such a comf system anyway

So what sort of game is that anyhow? I mean, genre/gameplay-wise

I literally got my hands on one of the last physical copies with a retail price in iglooland in December last year. Wow am I glad I did.

Seems like NISA is just doing distribution on this one? There's not a lot to translate anyway, and honestly the portions of dialog I've seen were not translated all that well, sort of robotically. Haven't found anything dramatic but I don't know what might have been cut if anything. Don't trust NISA, and keep your eyes and ears open for things they might have fucked up. If you really want to buy, be very careful.

Oh yeah, this was the first time I knew I'd keep playing, and that I must play this game away from prying eyes. There's still TWO dungeons after this just in the freaking demo. Goddamn what a beautiful game.

Patapon 2 can be a long ass game, Patapon 1 is pretty long too. Both favorites for me.

shiggy diggy do

Sweet, always good to hear about a new game being readable. Looks a lot like a less good Terraria, which I already got sick of years ago… Please keep us updated user.

So has DoAX3 not been doing well? They're doing a "Free to Start" version now.

wew lad

It is pretty comfy

Nice dubs friendo

It's basically babby's first Terraria. It's got some cute Engrish voice acting, but it gets pretty annoying after hearing "heaaave-ho!" for the ump-teenth time. Thankfully, you can turn the voices off.

I can tell you right off the bat it isn't nearly as varied or deep as Terraria. And I know for a fact already that the maps that are generated are all set, they aren't random/procedurally generated like in Terraria. I haven't given Quest Mode a try yet, I gotta catch back up to what I lost last night in Story Mode.

The Airship is pretty nifty though. All the areas you explore are floating islands, some larger than others. You move your character around with the left stick (or with just the D-Pad, if you so choose. You can change it in the options), and can freely move the Airship around with the right stick. This is great for when you're flying around and have an enemy drop in on your ship or something. You use L and R to cycle through items on your "Belt", that being the items you have on your quick slot bar thing like in Terraria/Minecraft. Triangle opens up your inventory, and you press Triangle to cycle through the three tabs of that window. Since this is an Asia-region game, X is Back/Cancel, and O is Confirm/Use Item or Tool

It isn't hard to see the game is more or less somewhat aimed at a younger audience, what with the cute characters and simplified explanations. But it hasn't been shabby thus far. Definitely worth getting if you want a simpler and/or cuter Terraria, it's certainly just as comfy.

If I remember correctly, it's doing just fine.
If anything, this is just them finding more ways to charge people for it, just like with LR Core Fighters.

Makes sense, I went ahead and downloaded it, it looks like the model is they give you Kasumi and make you pay for the other girls or to use the Casino good thing the software is as boring as I thought it'd be, so I'll just stick to fapping to doujin of the warawa chick

Got my copy of the DT2 calendar. Bought it separately from the game because reasons.

I am mad that not only is it just slightly bigger than the games case, but there wasn't any CG of Lilian in it. Is there any way to juryrig it into the case without hurting it, or do I just have to forego that and just keep it closeby but stored separately?

Or need to learn that you could just delete your post, fix it and repost it.

I know. I was and always am prepared for shit like that when I buy things used without a guarantee. That's why I bought it separately. Regardless, I have it now.

It's pretty okay. I didn't have much expectations, so I was only slightly letdown that it was just in-game CG's plastered onto it. I suppose it'd have been pretty crazy to hope for unique calendar ones.

I guess I'll just have to line it up and wedge it inbetween the cases on the gameshelf.

I'm so glad these people exist. I wonder why play-asia never bothers with reprints.

Yeah, but, I think, that's the lowest price third party sellers are charging for it new in this case. Looking at that price for used games is almost always cart or disc only it seems too.

Nice, that took awhile, but it's nice to see they did it.

That's why I was saying that buying it used from gamestop or somewhere, the odds of getting the calendar were probably extremely low. I couldn't see someone trading the game in and telling them "hey this calendar came with it. Make sure you keep it with the game." or something. The normalfags who don't want it would probably be too embarrassed to even give it to them in the first place and then the others would probably rather just keep the damn thing.

Oh yeah duh. What am I doing today.

Looks like people are translating the Saekano game on youtube. If we only had CFW.

I'm starting to wonder what to do with stuff like that. I have a giant pile of paper extras that came with games and it just keeps getting bigger. This last week it was a DOAX3 bumper sticker from play-asia, a play-asia temporary tattoo, and Abe's Odyssey art card thing from LRG. I'd probably actually use the calendar if it had anywhere to write events. I'm kinda tired of keeping things mint just to have it sit untouched forever. I figure I might as well get use out of everything and have fun while I'm alive.

There's actually quite a bit of PSP and Vita games in that flash sale. I wonder how Arcania, Soul Suspect, or Thief is for remoteplay too since they're only $5 and less. i really want to try using my L2 R2 grip, but the one I'm most interested in is Arcania and I'm guessing that would work the worst through remote play.

It depends on if Amazon is still stocking it themselves, in which case, I'd wager third party vendors that still have it new due to their best to at least match it. Still a good idea not to trust the default preview price. For example, this has a preview price of $549, but the cheapest used copies are a mere $99 in comparison, while there's also "Collectable" ones as $220. I suppose maybe the one stocked directly by Amazon might still be sealed or something, but usually a game is going to be cheaper than the preview price makes it appear to be.

Every time I see Freedom Wars on sale, I'm tempted to buy it, but then I remember the grind, the story, and the factory wait times.
Honestly, how did they drop the ball that hard?

Gameplay was great, but the grind was real and the sharp incline and the lack of good grind was a huge problem. Luckily it was possible to play through to the end without much or any grinding. Unluckily it didn't really have an ending. Such a shame.

Damn, over half a grand? At least anyone who's still planning on buying PS1 games new is probably never even gonna play the game anyway. I wish they would just do reprints of stuff like that though. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would buy a new copy for $20, like they do with old Atlus games. Even $99 is a lot of money. I don't know what people would do without piracy. If you've never played it before then dropping that much money is pretty crazy. It always feels silly that i have to pay way more just to have things in English too, since in Japan it's probably less than $20.)

I never played Monster hunter or anything, so I didn't even really notice that stuff. I just played it more like an action game, I guess. I still should go back and beat it. I just got bored eventually, always playing it alone.

Already have MHFU and Freedom Wars,
P3P worth it I guess?
I still love FW for all its faults, gameplay was fun, setting was awesome and more monster hunter games need machine guns and shotguns

It really pisses me off that there's still no way to only turn off notifications for trophies and online statuses. If someone sends me a message or my download ends I'd like to know, but I don't really give a fuck that I got a trophy for every stupid thing I do. unless i'm missing something here. i feel like I'm constantly turning the entirety of notifications on and off due to their stupid shit.

Most people recommend playing P3FES for your first playthrough and then P3P for later ones, since P3P has more of a VN presentation, where you just select people in town rather than running around it in 3D, FES has extra ending content, P3P is missing cutscenes, and P3P allows you to control all the party members. P3P is still enjoyable alone though. I actually played that first myself. There is movies now too.

Casual mode detected
However apparently you can play either male or female and it changes pretty much every single interaction you have with NPCs, or so I've heard. That alone is worth a replay.

P3P and P4G both allow you to only control the MC if that's how you want to play. I'd be more worried about it getting boring than hard though, since it removes a lot of the interactivity.

I'd guess that it's likely not worth their time to do reprints of PS1 games (meanwhile, DVDs are likely easy to get ahold of to du new runs of PS2 games if a company so pleases), especially since they can easily slap them up on the PSN instead, but then again, I remember Square either had a reprint or a bunch of unsold copies of various PS1 games like Chrono Cross a few years back that you could buy on their website. But in the case of the PS1 Tales games, Namco doesn't even give enough of a shit to put them on the PSN in general. Considering that (barring Symphonia Chronicles) no Tales game prior to Graces f has made it to the PSN, it almost makes one think they feel that nothing prior to the PS3 games is worth putting up there (or that Symphonia is as far back as most western Tales fans are liable to go). Though I suppose with Abyss they might have actual technical issues or something, given the nature of trying to get PS2 games to play right even as PSN versions, at least using the PS3 as the medium (considering I think each game needs a custom emulator or something, as not all PS3's have PS2 functionality, and I seem to recall hearing that even the 80GB model had some issues with Abyss).

With Atlus, it depends on the game. Some of their better known IPs, like SMT, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, and Radiant Historia get reprints, but ones that aren't as popular, or were merely localized by them (rather than developed and published) wind up not getting that treatment. In some cases I suppose it's warranted, where even with a game getting a low print run, demand is low and prices remain reasonable (Dual Hearts make a good example), but with others like Endless Frontier, there's clearly a demand if the game manages to average $60 or so or complete used copies.

I'd answer, but honestly I haven't even touched my copy of FES. Or Freedom Unite, for that matter.

Everything else in the sale is something I've picked up before and played through. I'll say Ducktales is worth nabbing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony even had something to do with that. I know they require publishers to offer most things digitally on Vita and PS4. Things like Disney Infinity where you need some extra toy thing, for example, are fine being physical only though.

I hope they at least do better with it for PS4. It would be nice if whenever PS4 gets a PS1 emulator that they offer their PS1 titles for Vita too, but if Sony will makes them incompatible, so people have to double dip, there's probably not too good of odds.

At least it doesn't seem like this stuff falls on deaf ears with Atlus and Sega like it does for Namco. They just even did some last reprints for Infinite Space, Trauma Center, and I think some other things, I'm forgetting. They always seem to at least consider digital releases and ports to PC and stuff too. I dunno, it just seems like there's way higher chances of things like that happening from them compared to people like Square and Namco.

It's the absolute worst of the Persona series, and one of the worst of the MegaTen franchise as a whole. Might be playable if you haven't played any of the others though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony even had something to do with that. I know they require publishers to offer most things digitally on Vita and PS4. Things like Disney Infinity where you need some extra toy thing, for example, are fine being physical only though.
I get why the PS3 ones are up there, I just don't see why Namco wouldn't also want to put Tales of Destiny and Eternia up there (the way a lot of classic PS1 JRPGs have PSN versions as well) as well, beyond some notion that westerners wouldn't want them (given they sold poorly when they were current and Namco seeming to think the west doesn't want the 2D sprited entries, hence us not getting any of those past Eternia; ignoring the botched GBA and money hungry phone ports of Phantasia anyhow).

Or maybe the fact that none of the PS1 games have a PSN version in Japan (to my knowledge) has something to do with it.

Yeah, I'll definitely give Atlus and Sega credit where it's due, especially since reprinting Infinite Space was a good move on Sega's part, between the game having been rather pricy to get complete for a while, and Platinum complaining that their game hadn't managed to get much of an audience in the west. Still, I have to wonder. Did Sega directly listen to fans on it, or did Atlus get them to bend an ear to the prospect of reprints bring in easy money? I mean, Atlus had nothing to do with Infinite Space, but considering both Atlus and Sega are working together now.

Seriously, this is just irritating.

Well yeah, they cut out the FES chapters, which was retarded to begin with. It was just extra fluff and unnecessary story, to me. The way it's all resolved at the end of P3P is leagues better than FES's ending was.

P3P is a weird mashup of P3 and FES, has a lot of the persona and bug/balance improvements from FES, but not the FES chapters.

Are you talking about The Answer? I didn't know they removed cutscenes from The Journey. Is all the anime gone then?

Feh. Amazon's gone up on its shipping bullshit, again. Combine that with their prior shenanigans concerning locking titles to Prime only and I'm disillusioned on using them as any kind of service.

Guess I'm buying Blanc & Nep digital. Suck.

That's really strange. Maybe there is some weird reason preventing them that they're just being too lazy to fix.

I don't know, but it's weird that that canadian store was the only place to get them too. I'd be interested to know where all the decisions came from.

I don't really remember, but i think there's a couple seconds of the MC's first encounter on the roof though.

It seems like they don't veiw it as a problem, expecting all their customers to get Amazon Prime. There's even a Prime Day now to celebrate. Isn't that wonderful?

What do you guys do about sound for your Vita? Internal? Headphones?
I wish good bluetooth speakers were cheaper. It's getting so fucking hot in my house that it's reminding me how annoying headphones can be. Maybe I'll just run a long cord to a set of 2.1 computer speakers like I used to.

I usually just use the Vita as is, though lately I've only been playing on the Vita TV since I can't find my charge cable and don't feel like shelling out 4000 for a new set.

Well, as far as Destiny PS1 and Phantasia PS1 go, I can understand leaving them off the Japanese PSN if their local fans are much more apt to go for the enhanced PSP port (the one bundled with NDX) of the former and the PS2 remake/Director's Cut of the latter. But with Eternia, that game's never been remade, and is still PS1/PSP only. Seems like they would have at least wanted to put that one up there, but I assume it's a lot more common to find old Tales games cheap out there than it is here (given Eternia's a good $90-120 where I live).

Why not get one of those microUSB to Vita 1000 heads?

That's only about 500 yen on Amazon.

Oh yeah, I was going to reply to this too.

I've been using my Oppo's when playing my Vita. They're really comfortable and they're about as high quality as you can get for "portable" headphones.

Sometimes I wonder if people in Japan are talking about stuff like this and bugging companies to try and get things released. I'm guessing it's less of a problem to them, but there's gotta at least be some people that want to play the damn game on their Vita. (They actually had that thing where you transfer certain physical PSP games to Vita too. I don't quite remember how that worked though.)

Those sound familiar, but I don't really remember why. I kind of want a pair of good earbuds too. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

Honestly I just use ear buds because my ears are already bad and I've never been a acoustic fanatic. And my friend IS one, but his word is really hard to take as any kind of gospel.

Not real sure myself. As far as I know they have much less of an issue with scalping on older games than the west does and I wager that many of the games that are hard to find here (the ones that are considered niche by western standards anyhow) are likely easier to find there. Plus, if they still have their discs for PS1 games, they can always play them on a PS2 or PS3 via backwards compatibility (not sure how the PS4's doing there right now, but I remember hearing that they were still pretty keen on keeping their PS3s, and I can't blame them since the PS4 has no physical backwards compatibility).

anyone got the moe chronicle artbook? i tried nyaa and some artbook sites but found nothing. Manage to get the LN.

So I was messing with this grip and remoteplay settings more and decided to see how Tales of Zesteria works remoteplay wise. I think the western games that I've tried it with before, the devs were just lazy or didn't give a shit about it or something. It works really well. It actually almost feels like a native Vita game. The problems I've had with text being too small, bad button configurations, all gone. It might be more of a pain without a grip, but it makes me way more hopeful that Japan is actually gonna do the feature justice. I can't really devote time the most time to it yet, but I'll see if I can figure this whole remoteplay shit out when I get a chance. I really need to pick up a PS4 game that doesn't take a time commitment, but it seems like most the things I'm interested in do.

I find it kind of crazy how they seem to keep everything in such great condition and here everyone just treats everything like shit. It seems like their biggest problem is yellowing consoles from it or smelling like cigarette smoke, but here you're lucky to even get anything with a game besides the disc or cart half of the time. It smelling like smoke is normally the last of my worries. I've seen some pretty disgusting stuff in my day.

I have the soundtrack I think, but no artbook.

Well, it certainly doesn't help that both customers and stores like Gamestop here are prone to trashing cases and manuals to save on shelf space (and with Gamestop they act like you should be grateful they even have something cart or disc only).

Speaking of remote play, I'd wonder how Wild Arms 3 handles on the Vita through that (provided PS2 classics also count for it).

You could maybe keep tabs on Nicoblog; they can get some fairly niche stuff uploaded at times, including artbooks for games that didn't do real well in the west, or were never brought west (also anime/manga artbooks for stuff like Berserk). Though some people have an honest gripe with them these days for purging their 18+ PC section for whatever reason.

Yeah, I at least like it when the workers don't act like it's weird that I don't want their disc only game. If they knocked money off I'd think about it, but if i wanted to sell it later to amazon or target they'd give me less, because of it, so fuck paying the same price as someone who gets everything with their game. I'm not sure why the place acts like it doesn't realize that they're they only ones who pretend a disc only game is the same as a CIB one.

I'm sure I'll pick it up whenever it goes on sale and can give it a try then. I own Rogue Galaxy, which should be the same emulator just different settings that I was gonna give a try too, but it still doesn't help button wise and everything though. A problem I had with The Last of Us was everything seemed overly dark too, but for Zesteria I didn't even need to adjust the brightness settings. It looks really vibrant and smooth on the OLED screen too. I'm hopeful that PS2 games should fit just as well, originally being made for lower resolutions and not so much reliance on fancy textures, since the Vita's resolution doesn't even take advantage of them anyway.

Probably because most people sadly really don't give a shit if their game is disc or cart only, hence Gamestop more than willing to use the "it's the game you want, why does anything else matter?" logic. Also affects online sellers, since you'll frequently see disc or cart only copies of games listed as "like new" as if the condition only applies to the cartridge or disc itself and anything else is just a bonus in whatever condition, if even present at all (hence why you should always ask for pictures).

Well, don't go expecting a huge amount of color from WA3. That's not to say it's all grit, but it has an understandable emphasis on browns and sparse greens, considering how completely fucked Filgaia has become at that point. They don't even have oceans at that point.

and the waiting game begins

I hate when people try pulling that shit. At least I'm pretty sure that's against the rules now on ebay, but still one person's tiny mark is another's giant fucking scratch.

Weird, it feels like almost every JRPG has ships then usually later airships.

Wild Arms 3 is odd. As some have put it before, it's like a JRPG made by people that didn't know what JRPGs are usually like (though it was still Media.Vision and Contrail that developed it, like they did WA2 together), and as such feels rather refreshing in the vibe it gives off, both in style and gameplay.

You do have a ship at one point, but it's a metal gunship designed to traverse the dunes between landmasses and at least be able to fight back against the horrific things that have adapted to living there, and while you do have a way to travel by air later on, it is not by ANY means a standard airship, or even a plane (like in WA1). Love some of the weird ideas Media.Vision came up with. Stuff like a sentient biomechanical dragon that shapeshifts into a fucking jet to fly is awesome.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure Amazon is still fine with people doing that.

If it comes down to it I may, but for now I'm fine with the Vita TV, and I know that cord is around here SOMEWHERE.

The PS4's bombing pretty hard here, the reason it's only getting ports from the PS3 and Vita is because no one here owns one even after the 5000 price drop and very few companies are willing to completely kill their games by making them exclusive to a machine no one cares about. Hell, the only PS4 exclusive I can even think of is Disgaea 5, which like every other title in the series will eventually get an enhanced port on the PSP/Vita anyhow.

That's, what, about $50 off the price? How much was it at launch there?

Yeah, I can see why they'd keep doing so many multiplat releases. I just wish they'd have more of an effort to bring the non PS4 versions of things west. I suppose at least Atlus is for Odin Sphere and Persona 5, but it gets annoying to see so many things people are aware are multiplat in Japan be treated as PS4 exclusives here, though maybe the western pickup rate on the system encourages that.

Basically. 40K if I recall was the launch price, it's going for roughly 35K now.

In all likelihood that's Sony's influence, since they seem dead set on proving themselves right about the PS4 being successful and the Vita being dead despite all evidence to the contrary where it matters.

I'd swear some companies seem dead set to sabotage their own products in various regions, simply to justify a belief they have while still able to say "we tried."

Overly large businesses are fucked up like that. Near as I can tell, the problem basically comes down to them being run by people who generally have absolutely nothing to fear anymore in terms of making ends meet for the rest of their lives, or at least think that's the case, and are more interested in satisfying their egos and proving themselves personally right than actually being successful. Alternatively, they're people who made it to the position they're in by being "proven" right when they fulfilled their own prophecies and made it seem like they knew what they were talking about when no one else did. Other times, it's simply petty grudges - see what Capcom did with Devil May Cry and Rockman after Kamiya and Inafune left, or Konami with AJD after IGA left.

how is senran kagura estival versus?

looks fun but it's 40 dollarydoosA

and my god is mhfu hard to play after playing the recent monster hunters

Deception IV: Nightmare princess
Shinobido 2 - Not presented in PSN, so I guess I need to find it in retail stores? Though I still need to play the first one.
Gravity Rush
> BUYAN the moment they'll be on sale
EDF 2017 - EDF! EDF! EDF!
Corpse Party bd
Project Diva - I have my doubts about it since I could first get it on other platforms for free
Muramasa: Rebirth
Xonic Suprebeat
Soul Sacrifice: Delta
Dancanpumpan AE: DG - If there'll be no PC rerelease

And so here rises a question, does this console have any other quality exclusive games or is that it?
I'm not talking here multiplat indie, jrpg or vn trash, there is enough of that shit on any other platform. Toukiden, God Eater, freedom wars are boring and times worse and inferior to mh, so not interested in that either. I am really interested in opinions on that matter, so shoot even if you are uncertain.

Also, why deception IV community on youtube consists on 100% of retards in western part and there are barely any worthy results in jpn?

thread is almost as dead as the handheld

Likely because you're searching by "Deception IV" instead of "Kagero: Dark Side Princess/ 影牢ダークサイド・プリンセス"

Nah, that's not it, because how else I'd lurk jpn related videos without knowing the actual title in the said language? though I don't claim that I know any other keywords
youtube.com/watch?v=e5D59seq_4g
youtube.com/user/msx3do/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0
That's the only worthy thing I was able to find.

Most people agree that Dungeon Travelers 2 is the best DRPG on the Vita, and it isn't available anywhere else. I haven't played a bunch and Etrian Odyssey burned me right the fuck out, but of the limited titles I've played I still think DT2 is the best game on the system.

Jet Set Radio. Minus a slightly longer load time than I remember on PC, it's still great, if not more so because its finally the real JET SET RADIOOOO on a handheld.

Can't think of much right now besides Shinovi Versus and the Nep games

Nep U. Eh. Didn't care much for it.

Got 30 bucks worth of games last night thanks to the flash sale. Got JSR, Persona 3 Portable, Killzone Mercs, MonHun Freedom Unite, and Freedom Wars.

isnt that suppose to be stranger of sword city?

To know what the fuck is going on with Root Letter (and God Wars). An update for 13 Sentinels would be nice too.

I could swear I watched an anime that had a very similar premise. I can't think of what it is though, unless I'm just confusing it with "Expelled from Paradise" or something.

Yeah, that's a fucking mess. Even the people who have it things listed as like new where it says cart/disc only bugs me, but there always seems to be a bunch of sellers that have games listed without a picture or description at all too. They really need to implement some rules to clean the place up or something.

Gamestop had really cheap copies awhile back, but it might have went up.

I think I really need the soundtrack for this. It sounds pretty awesome.

cs.furyu.jp/caligula/

In the immediate future we're getting Caligula and Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain next month, as well as Ys 8 in July.

It's also on the PSP.

This might help find a game you want to play.
archive.is/qDhK5

I wasn't specifically looking for anything to play got my hands full with Gundam Breaker 2 as is but:

I laughed.

what is the difference against the VITA?

I'm not sure, I've asked before but no one seems to have heard of any differences. I'm still on the first DT myself, so I'm a ways off from DT2.

UI interface, far as I can tell. I'll let you all know more once I've actually gotten hands on it.

Yeah, sorry, I can't seem to get the stupid thing to work (yet?)

No worries user I actually thought it was an on-purpose joke about nogameseven though that'd be more appropriate for the PS4

ditto. Maybe TGS this year will give us some more info.

I'm certainly not expecting any sort of Vita news from E3 this year though

It would be a miracle if even one Vita game that isn't indie was announced.

This is going to be the first year I'm going to ignore E3 completely. I'd be shocked if more than 3 or 4 games announced at E3 turn out to be any good. Gaming in 2016 is depressing.

E3 is generally just localization announcements if anything, new games aren't really a thing there for the most part

There will actually be a Vita (+PS4) game from a Japanese developer that is going to be announced around E3.

It's a spiritual successor to Akiba's Trip.

Is there any decent basketball games for the vita?

Is NBA 2K13 psp my only option?

I don't think there are any Basketball games on the Vita, no. I'm kinda surprised that the system didn't get any when we ended up getting a few of the Madden titles, and even a fucking Madden bundle earlier in the systems life.

So there is a fucking handball game on the vita but not one Basketball game? wew

By a few don't you mean one?

No, we got more than one. Not many though.

Wow that handball guy is real mad.

There's Madden 13 and?

Wouldn't you be mad if you're life led you to become a professional "handball" player?

Late to be asking, but about Conception II: Is there dlc in the US store for it? At all?

Indeed.

That's really more what I meant, I'm doubtful of anything truly NEW coming out/being announced at E3.

I know I'd be pretty pissed with a lame title like that. "Professional Handball Player."

My copy is on 3DS so I don't know if it's accessible on PSN directly. On 3DS you had to go to an in-game menu to see and purchase the DLC.

I checked just for you Satan, and yes, there's quite a bit of DLC for Conception 2 in the US PSN store. One is the "Disciple Weapon Pack", another is an alternate costumes set, and the rest are extra quests

I see, now. I just was browsing the JPSN store, trying to see if they had Nightshade/Kunoichi for sale and ran into a buttload of DLC for Conception II that I never saw before. I thought it was stuff that just didn't come over from Japan.

Gotcha.

I actually downloaded the demo while I was looking on the store. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. I'm surprised it goes up to 60FPS, unlocked of course, but still something that surprised me.

Toukiden 2's demo is out in Japan now finally.

i wouldnt give a fuck about that, but they will never release a mega complete limited edition with all that shit, right? I just want my vidya to be complete inside the damn game.

Checked.
I miss those days myself, where a game came with all it was set to come out with, or at least saw a full on expansion/Director's Cut (with enough to perhaps justify a purchase further down the line if you already had the original) instead of DLC.

It's especially notable if you follow a series that's been around for some time and can see what would have been ingame content instead of DLC if there was no internet to connect to on the system.

Unrelated, but these new captchas are weird, but at least they seem easier to read.

Looks like the new Atelier game, Atelier Firis will launch for PS4 and Vita this fall in Japan. Hopefully the Vita version comes West. Hopefully Limited Run Games will pull through for us and they'll end up doing the physical in the future.

I'm sorry Then again I missed the sale for Gravity Rush

Nope, they sure as hell won't. We'll never see a Conception 2 "Dleta" or anything of that sort.

We can only hope user
I haven't even finished E&L yet, and we already have several Atelier games dropping…

"Delta", whoops
I probably shouldn't post before I've had my coffee…

I know your pain. Started my second run of E&L and it's slow going, surprisingly. Meanwhile, I have the Arland Trilogy on backburner AND have yet to touch my copy of Shalie.

Sophie is released next month.

Also, we're four away from bump limit. New thread, anyone?

Wasn't there some sort of funky translation issue in E&L too? Something about the (S), (M), (L), and (XL) things of items you craft?

Yep! I got a new one already primed and ready to post, just waiting for this to hit 300 and then fall down the catalog a few pages

Yep. The crafting menus have a lot of glaring errors and even mistranslations that will screw up your alchemy crafting if you're not careful. I'd list them all but it's been a few months since I beat the game so it's not fresh in my head.

Tanya is wife material.

Ah okay, i'll have to dig up the list of errors before I start playing again.

Damned straight I like Wilbell slightly more though

You are an user of exquisite tastes.

Yeah. I think it was sorta like this:
You expect them to mean Small, Medium and Large - but they actually mean Light, Medium and Strong… and that's just for SOME items.

NEW THREAD HOOOOO:

Thank you

Wait, so it's not even on all the items and only some? That's fucked up….whatever, i'll find the errors when I play again.

Well, I just got the psv, so yeah.