Hori Pad FPS Plus

I'm getting a controller for my PC.
Does the Hori Pad FPS Plus work on the PC?

If not, what are pros and cons of the Xbox 360 controller, the Xbone controller, and the DS4.

Jesus christ what a horrible design.
I use a logitech 360 pad with a cooling fan. Got it a couple of years ago for about 30$, still works reasonably well. Had to change the cables once, and the trigger buttons are showing age.

No it doesn't.

Benefits:
It's more likely to be compatible with most games
Negitives:
The D pad is Cancer

XB1 pad
Benefits:
TBC

Negitives:
You have fucking cancer

XB1E pad
Benefits:
You obviously have money so you can afford the medical that could have saved you

Negitives:
お前はもう死んでいる

Here's some hot opinions.

Xbox 360 controller
+ ergonomic
+ wireless
+ analog triggers & stick clicks (useful for shit that needs that)
+ xinput already configured in many games
- shitty inaccurate dpad
- needs PC adapter

Dualshock 4
+ ergonomic
+ wireless or wired
+ analog triggers & stick clicks (useful for shit that needs that)
+ doesn't need PC adapter
+ dinput or xinput with DS4Windows application (also enables configurable use of touchpad & gyro)
- low resistance buttons & sticks (too soft)
- wireless battery life is shit

Never used Xbone controller, but heard dpad was not terrible like 360 dpad.

The d-pad is terrible for fighting games, hell the controller itself is bad for fighting games, i also used a cheap PS2 knockoff controller and even that had a better d-pad, the bad thing is that i had to use x360ce and it didn´t work on some games

Actually, if your PC has Bluetooth it can do wireless without an adapter.
Otherwise, you'd need a small USB Bluetooth adapter or you'd just use it wired through a micro USB cable.

I don't see what is wrong with it. I the Xbox 360's d-pad looks shitty but not as shitty as the Game Cube's d-pad.

Shit.

I would use my PS3 controller but it ran out power and I can't charge it. It needs the battery even plugged. So does the DS4 have the same problem?

I like the DS4 but the driver support on windows is 3rd party.

I only really use it on Linux, though - It has native support there although you may need to jump into config files to edit it to stop controlling the mouse.

I just wished Kodi would stop spazzing out with it.

Why would a control need a cooling fan?

So it can cool off your sweaty palms while playing

the soft buttons on the ds4 are a huge plus to me.

I hate how the rubber is going bad on my DS3.

Seems like a better solution would be to make the controls out of something porous like wood.
Cheaper, simpler. actually works (it won't do shit if you're not sweating from heat) and warm hands move faster than cold hands.

Depends on what you want, the DS4 is probably the best general purpose one but if you intend on using the Dpad a lot there are better choices.

I dunno if the DS4 can run off of USB power alone after the battery has died. I have two of them that I alternate between so I never ran into that situation.
I tried searching it, but didn't find anything. I'm tempted to remove the battery just to see if it can run over USB without it, but I doubt it can.
I've replaced DS4 battery with a higher capacity battery so I know it's kind of a bitch to get it open & don't want to open it again.

It's not so much the buttons, but the sticks & dpad that are not stiff enough.
The buttons feel okay to me now, but I've probably acclimated to them over time.
The triggers are pretty soft as well.

I don't consider the DS4 dpad a positive or negative. It's passable. It's accurate enough to climb straight up a ladder in Mario 2, unlike the 360 dpad which usually goes diagonally off the ladder unless your press is dead-centered at the atomic level.

Steam Controller

It has the same diagonal problem just not as prevalent and it only happens if you push hard on the Dpad and your controller is somewhat old, only Nintendo and Hori controller never had that problem at all with me.

That gun is ugly.
3/10 wouldn't fuck.

I'm pretty heavy-handed with my controller & keyboard (which is why DS4 feels too soft to me), but I haven't had the diagonal problem with the DS4 dpad. Maybe the 360 dpad was so fucking bad in that regard that I'm much more accurate with dpads after having suffered the 360 dpad?

What about the Wii U Gamepad Pro?

Wood is porous, and with it being porous, it'll absorb the smells. And do you know how bad stale sweat is?
Good example of how wood being porous is a bad thing: Kitty litter.
The wood based shit needs regular changing or it starts to fucking REEK

6/10 good idea bad execution.

You can't fuck a gun.
Yes, I'm only saying that so you'll post a bizarre or humorous gun-fucking image to prove me wrong.

It can happen, but I have never had it happen by accident, only when I was trying to do it when I first bought my DS4.

I just got one of these. I don't care for the stick/button placement. The battery life is supposedly god tier, but I haven't had it long enough to verify that personally.

I played The Wind Waker HD & it's either the controller or the game, but the stick sensitivity is weird. It feels like Link can only go really slow or full fucking speed when you tilt the stick with very little in-between. Again, I dunno if it's the game or the controller. The only other game I played with it was Mariokart 8 so I haven't really seen if this stick sensitivity thing applies to other games.

I'm not going to post any gun fucking images.
However, I will say that there are guns with a barrel wide enough to make love to.

So wipe it off after every sweaty gaming session.
If you are going to be spending that much time playing vidya then you can spare 20 seconds to clean it.

Why would a mouse?

That's some Gene Starwind shit right there.

Wooden mouse, bitch!

That's so stupid it's great

you're just wiping sweat into the pores.

Nonsense.
Most of sweat is water soluble and will dissolve into the cloth.

Would you?

Wii U Pro Controller.
It's the only part of my Wii U I still fucking use. It's a goddamn good controller. You need to be able to connect via bluetooth.

Don't get the NES30 Pro. It's good for 2D games, but the shoulder buttons and analogs suck. It's not worth the price.

That stick sensitivity thing is Wind Waker. It's the same with the GameCube one. It is weird.

It's rifled, so no.

what am I looking at even

Just grind it down to a smooth bore you pussy faggot.

According to the guy that posted it on /gore/, it's dick cancer. But that doesn't explain the maggots, so I think that's bullshit. I have no idea.

I had the FC30 Pro, it felt great and I agree with the analogue stick shit, but also it seems there's a bad batch where the buttons are completely full-retard mapped on windows, and cannot be re-mapped.

Have you tried it?

I got a good one, though it did have the sharp D-pad corners. I took those corners down with a nail file and now it's fine.

It's a great controller, and the buttons and connectivity are fantastic, but it's really not worth it unless you play a lot of 2D games. The analogs are really shit, and the shoulder buttons are a pain in the ass, especially if you're using both the first and second ones together. I haven't used it, but I'd suspect the non-Pro one might be better, though I don't know how any of the buttons or comfort compare.

It's not a bad controller, if you can find it for $20 to $30, but I got mine for $50 with shipping, and I wish I had just gotten another Wii U Pro controller instead for that price. I understand the analog stick thing, even, because they're tiny and it's more about having a controller with passable analogs that you can stash in your bag, but I don't leave my house anyway, so why would I care? I work from home and I don't have friends.

Get a Steam Controller and you will be impressed by the Gyro aiming in FPS games.

Couldn't I just use a mouse and keyboard?
I know it is an FPS controller but that isn't why I'm interested in it.

There is no reason for that to even exist.

DS4 for gamepad games, m/kb for everything else.

Well then for what kind of games? Every controller in this generations has Pros and Cons.

WIIU PRO has no analog trigger. Crap for Racing games.
Xbox, the stupid D-PAD. Crap for 2D games.
PS4, has crappy sticks and flat faced buttons. Crap for fast paced games.
Steam Controller, has no D-PAD.

If you want a simple plug&play, cheap and good the gamestop xbox360 controller which you can plug with no problem on the pc unlike the original.

The Pokken controller really is sweet for old games/2D games.
Feels like sex in your hands too.

Bullshit. It's the only pad worth using for fightans of this generation.

I kinda want one, but I already have a bunch of other controllers, so there's no point.

Why would play a FPS with a controller at all? The only one I can think of would be a space sim in lieu of a stick, but even then a hotas or keyboard would work better for a lot of them.

What were your guys first console? PS2!? Because you guys sound like ones.

Gyroscope for more smoother aiming like in splatoon. PS3/PS4 controller has a gyroscope too, the SIXAXIS. You should try it.

Try again, faggot. Started on a PC in the early 90's. I can't help that the DS4 is the only controller that isn't shit this gen. I have all 3 major controllers, and the WiiU Pro pad is second to the DS4 because of button/stick placement. The xbone dpad is still bad, and it doesn't feel as nice as a DS4 controller.

PSA
If you buy a dual shock 4 make sure the FCC number has an "A" on the end. These ones have the new reinforced triggers that will not break.

If you buy an earlier model, your triggers will give out. Just a matter of time.

Just get f310.

I use a DS1 controller. Controllers have literally not progressed since the DS1, which exemplifies the sad state of the industry. The only games it doesn't work for are the shitty ones that assume all controllers are 360 controllers. I can just use a mapping program to fix that, or just use a keyboard like a human being.

holy shit just get the Wii Classic controller and an adapter
it's just a clone of the Classic anyways. Why not just get the fucking original
I got mine for like $15 and I'm sure you can find an adapter for the same price

I'd go with a bone controller, they're comfy. The only problem is the shit bumpers but I think they fixed those with the newer models (not the retarded elite controller)

It works with any game by default, I've heard nothing but problems from people using DS4. With the bone controller you just plug in and play, assuming you have a relatively newer updated version of windows, if not just get the drivers from M$'s site

I have a 310 and it's alright, but it wears out awfully quickly if you use it frequently. Triggers start to get loose and fucky, and the dpad on my current double-presses somewhat often. Good for casual use, but if you're going to be playing gamepad games frequently, I'd recommend something sturdier.

The sticks and bumpers are fucking terrible, but you're joking about everything else. The D-pad is identical to the NES, and it's great. The buttons have the same spacing as pretty much every other controller, so "cramped" means nothing there.

You're absolutely right about the sticks, bumpers, and price. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody at the price it is.

I don't like the Wii Classic Controller, but you can get NES and SNES clone controllers and adapters for dirt cheap, so I wouldn't recommend the NES30 to anybody, unless you really need Android compatibility.

Xbone controller crashes my Linux box, DS3 and DS4 work perfectly. And Windows had a hard time in the beginning since I'm still on 7, but now it recognizes it. Was still easier to get my DS4 setup though, and it works better in Pocket Rumble than the Xbone controller.

At least they're both comfortable, though.

Are there any third party Gamecube controllers without the pants-on-head retarded button layout?

I had a DS3 battery go bad and I just removed it and used it wired. It worked just fine

The buttons are cramped, though. I could argue that the "squashed" spacing of the SNES layout is better, but even with an even spacing the buttons are just way too close together.

I even made a little thing to show you: I took 3 controllers from the past 3 generations with evenly spaced face buttons, scaled each to about the same size, then made an 82x82px selection around the face buttons. The X360 picture is shit and I think it's scaled a little too small, but I think you get the picture

also the XBone's buttons are cramped as well, and the buttons themselves are too mushy (don't quote me on that; last time I held one was last summer)

I've got one right here. The buttons don't feel cramped. It's got tons of issues, but the buttons and D-pad aren't even close to being issues. I wish any console controller had buttons or D-pads as good as this.
I can't imagine where you even got "awful D-pad" from.

Keep your autism respond for yourself, Brah!

I have to agree with that after using one for the whole 360/PS3 gen.

I might be biased because I really love buttons that click though, which is why I got a keyboard with MX Blue switches.