Hyrule Warriors - Birdlike-in-appearance Edition

ADVENTURAN'
GRINDAN'
FRAMERATE STUTTERAN'

Quick update and recap of the content schedule, since the official one is still fucking confusing:

● As of next Thursday, Medli (from Wind Waker) is free to all players on the Wii U and 3DS versions as part of an update.
● 3DS version also gets its first paid DLC, the "Master Quest" Great Sea adventure map, containing Medli's weapon upgrades and new Fairy items.

● Sometime after E3 / during the summer, Marin (from Link's Awakening) will be available, along with a new weapon class for Linkle, as part of a Link's Awakening DLC pack for both versions.
● 3DS version gets an additional LA-themed adventure map and more Fairy shit.
● Wii U players get an option to buy the 'new' Legends characters, instead of relying on that timed-exclusive pack-in code from the 3DS version.

● After the summer, there's some DLC based on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Both versions can get a new playable character (pretty much guaranteed to be Linebeck) and a new weapon class for Toon Link.
● 3DS version gets an appropriate adventure map, and even more Fairy shit.

● Before xmas, they'll release a final DLC pack based on A Link Between Worlds, containing two new playable characters for both versions.
● 3DS version gets yet another exclusive adventure map, and finally sees the last of the shitty Fairy items.

I've been playing Legends on my N3DS lately and its alright. I'm enjoying it for the most part and I don't see what all the bitching was about for the 3DS version other than it blowing chunks on the O3DS, but I'm gonna ask the peeps who've gotten the WiiU version: Would the DLC be worth it? I'm on the fence about whether I should get any of it.

Then how the hell do I get her tier 2 & 3 weapons on the Wii U?

I started adventure mode and can't figure out how I can start raising a fairy. The game hasn't said either. I want to be a fairy godfather dammit.

I believe the MQGS pack is gonna be on WiiU too since I know you can get that season pass for both systems.

fun, Medli's Prayer has been one of my favorite pieces from Windwaker for a long time

Probably the same way you got Tier 2 and 3 weapons for the Wii U DLC characters.

This is still the only stuff they've revealed for Marin so far; basic concept art, and that her weapon will be the "Wind Fish Bell".

As with the Wii U version, you can safely skip the paid DLC if you don't intend to beat all of the base game's content (Legend mode + the final boss of every Adventure map).
The game's very linear in terms of level balancing, so you won't get far into one of the DLC maps unless you've got high enough character levels / weapon tiers unlocked from the previous maps.

Probably the same as the Legends characters on Wii U; all of their weapon tiers were available as soon as you got the character.

You need to play the map where you unlock Toon Link, and smash jars in the enemy keeps until you find one containing a bottled fairy.
None of the unlockable fairy-related stuff (clothes, food, other fairies) will appear on the map until you collect this one specific fairy.

when will they stop appealing to the waifu crowd jesus
if you ever even considered having a waifu you should kill yourself

All of the remixed tracks are great; shame that some of the original tracks were so forgettable.

Did you post in the wrong thread or are you just retarded?

I wish they would give Midna another weapon, not a big fan of her current one.

The should have just made Twili Midna her other weapon instead of a separate character

Anybody else hate the Termina Map?
The gimmick is cool and the levels aren't hard, it's just the fact the item layout is so fucking retarded.
Near enough every level with a hidden treasure requires the Ice Arrow and you only get like 3 of them on the map and the levels they're on are "rack up you KO count" so you can't speedrun through them.

Also Great Sea map?
Those two levels with the Hylian Ghosts that make your players flee and makes it an insta-loss?
Fuck you.

Also add me if you want, not sure if it does anything good for this game though:
N3DS - Adolf (4055-3432-1279)

You don't. Free Medli's just to give you a taste and convince you to get the dlc, or in this case the 3ds game + dlc. They pulled the same shit back in the day by freely releasing Cia, Volga, and Wizzro as playable characters, but locking their lv2 and lv3 weapons behind the Master Quest dlc.

I LOVE MEDLI.
I WISH MEDLI WAS REAL.
I WANT TO FUCK MEDLI

Haha, time to dump comics

Does this shit really need a general, complete with the obnoxious playan, completan etc format?

qt bird loli

Is this the lol thread ?

So, will you be able to carry her?

No but you could probably see up her skirt when using the Hookshot to climb places.

sauce me brotha

PLUMP
BIRD
PUSSY

One more image-dump-bump.

The third one reminds me of that CDI remix
I'm kinda glad that stuff was made.

Best girl coming thru

CIA?

She wasn't alone

You don't get to bring friends.

How necessary is it to get the 3DS version? I have it for WiiU but I don't want to bother with 3DS. I have been playing this A LOT….I still don't have all the 3rd tier weapons
Agatha worst gril

Holy fuck, her voice is annoying. No thank you.

If you went for 100% completion, you could squeeze another 30 hours of gameplay out of the Wii U version. And then add about 75 hours per DLC map.

You can safely skip the 3DS version if you opt to buy everything on Wii U, and/or you don't have a 'New'-model 3DS. The major differences are:
- Co-op play, Challenge Mode (which had "playable Ganon" DLC), 8-bit weapon models and the animations for attacking weakened Giant Bosses were cut
- Legend mode gets additional chapters; five attempt to shoehorn Linkle into the existing story, and four deal with the Wind Waker crossover, while also giving Cia and Lana a happy ending.
- Every map they made for Adventure mode on Wii U, plus an extra one based on Wind Waker, is in the base 3DS game. All of the unlockable items and XP get rebalanced around this, so you have a level limit of 99 (until next week's patch raises it) and you unlock items in different orders and locations.
- All of the characters will be playable across both platforms (some of them are "timed exclusives" without the 3DS pack-in code), but you won't have much incentive to buy or play as these characters on Wii U, since they're not adding new levels or gameplay rewards alongside them.

Well all the DLC came in for free eventually the only thing I don't have is some of the OoT outfits
The only thing that seems worth it are the additional legend mode and the extra level. Other then that it seems like a waste.

The only thing I have left to do is finish the adventure mode to unlock some weapons then go on to the other adventure modes and master quest and it gets repetitive usually I'm just not fast enough and when I am I don't get enough kills.

You basically have to outlevel those particular missions before you can meet all their A-rank requirements at once. Spend most of your rupees on the Training Dojo, increasing a character's level by 5 at a time until you succeed (Lv.30-40 should be enough for the first Adventure map, IIRC).

If you don't have all the Gold Skulltulas from Legend mode yet, try that in the meantime, since those levels have high enemy counts and won't feel as repetitive as Adventure mode stuff. You could also clean up any heart pieces and get the secondary skulltulas on the Adventure map, and all the material you'll get from this will help create better badges, which might give you the edge you need.

They sure are focusing on female characters. Can't say I didn't appreciate the effort.
This girls will be "Never Ever", right? Fuck.

Definitely "never ever" at this point; any remaining characters they haven't revealed are easy to guess.

If those three were still possible, it'd be "maybe", "just pretend she's inside the existing Darknut models", and "Capcom owns that one".

Well, 22 could use the Darknut as weapon. But who am I fooling? If any of these three had a chance, they would be already in the game.
Better post some Zelda.

birds have cloacas

If at this point in time you haven't even collected all weapons yet, I'd say don't bother with the 3DS version. Between the base game and the dlc you'd have enough content to last you until a hypothetical (but who are we kidding) Hyrule Warriors 2 releases on NX, and buying all that dlc still wouldn't amount to the price of buying a 3DS game.

General question: can I still receive the Medli update if I were to block automatic updates on my Wii U?

someone say birdpussy?