SS13 General: GTA Edition

What is Space Station 13?
Space Station 13 is a game created by the CDC to herd and observe autistic individuals from around the world interact with one another amidst an inherent simulated atmosphere of paranoia and danger.

Where can I play?
You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client Download - byond.com/download/

Web Client
byond.com/play/embed/ss13.unsafe.space:12345

Server Info
byond://ss13.unsafe.space:12345
Tickrate - 0.6 / Random Names ON

Wiki
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/hatestation
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station
github.com/tgstation/-tg-station
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Grapher
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

No Newstation?

Uh, Newstation?

Guess who the salty bitch who made the thread is!

NEWSTATION (aka the station literally everyone, even hatestation staff, plays on):
74.91.121.114:7777
An Excellent Station (tm)

From last thread:
Real shitcurity will be gunning you down with kill lasers, syndie pistols and detective revolvers. If security is trying to tase you, chances are they're just doing their job (although not always). So hulk is great if you're an antag and security is there doing its job, but stimulant works too and is more versatile.
It will definitely help against xenos, though, at least defensively.

For the sake of comparison, I didn't add any additional support on either side. For example, invis is actually straight up OP when combined with regen, since you'll go in crit and turn invis, and the guy can't tell if you died or revived. Of course, anyone who knows what they're doing will keep shooting, but since there's no visible indication of someone having a virus, it can be a good trump card.

Coldres is great on literally anyone. Xray works great combined wth an xray gun and night-vision goggles, but you could also use an xray implant.

You can definitely and easily do so. You can even see invisible people by alt-clicking their tile. Moreover, they block the way if you're not in help mode, and thermo goggles exist.
A large downside of invis is also that when you die, your corpse goes invis too. Nobody will bother looking for an invis corpse.
It's still great for when you want to play hide and seek, though. And combined with stimulant, it's very effective to hide from non-powered people.

Ultimately, every genetic power is great when combined with something else, but they don't work too well on their own (except coldres). On the other hand, viro powers work great on their own, and even better when combined with more stuff.

Who says you can only get xray from genetics? Just get an xray implant, for example. Hulk's stunproofing? Get a CNS rebooter instead. That's why I didn't want to add combinations in the comparison.

I don't like the cut of your jib, assuredly you could've just posted the I.P. address if it wasn't in the OP. The snarky implications weren't necessary.

I have ideas to fix telesci:

-The map is subdivided in large tiles
-An operator enters a set of coordinates corresponding to relative tile offset to the teleporter location
-Then another set of coordinates which correspond to a tile offset within the large tile
The size of the tile offset can be selected, and how small you can go depends on teleporter upgrades. This is the teleporter's accuracy.
The range, which is computed as the tile-offset-distance (i.e. a diagonal is at a distance of 2), is limited by the amount of crystals in use.

The teleport effect activates on a range (3x3 real tiles?) centered around a random point within the teleport target area (i.e. based on accuracy).

This would fix the ergonomy issues (having to write scripts out of the game to calculate parameters for some coordinates).

Another change that I'd like to see is that the teleporter doesn't teleport items but instead creates a warp, which counts incoming and outgoing items. When the count goes back to 0, it closes. This lets people know you stole from armory, and allows people to kill your warp or follow you, instead of having you holed up doing "nothing" all shift.

Perhaps telesci should be responsible for finding the away mission?

Yes they will, but as long as you are not alone, they will be at huge disadvantage because their crowd control weapons no longer work. And you wont be standing and waiting for them to kill you either, unlike usual stuns. Hulk also makes breaking into sec much more easier.

That's when you know where to look. Usually you don't. Yes, thermal goggles counter this, but now people will have to actually buy them.

Well I did bother. They had suit sensors on and I used a GPS. A bit harder then usual but not that hard.

It pretty much the same system as we currently have, but without outside scripts and with shit accuracy at round start. Warp does not change anything if you use it when there is nobody in the target room. And scientists can build security camera consoles to check on their targets.

That's mostly the point, the minimum change is simply to fix ergonomics because having to use an external script is retarded.
Accuracy would be shit, but in exchange it would target a larger zone, making it easier to grab a target by inputing whole numbers instead of messing around with one-tile-off issues which you technically are expected to deal with if you don't "cheat" with a script.

For armory, it will sound the alarm when you pass through it, and if active, the securitron will stun you. It also gives time for people or AI to see the warp, and it gives them a chance to walk through it.
Additionally, it can save you if you forgot to send a gps through first, or if you spawn in front of a spacecarp, or something, by allowing you to come back.
If you're trying to save someone, it's much easier to create a warp nearby, throw an item, get in, walk a bit, grab the person and walk through the portal rather than getting their exact coordinates.

What telesci really needs, though, is a more concrete purpose (which is why I propose they should be in charge of opening the away mission, but they should also be able to do other stuff).

Shitcurity doesn't use those guns. They think tasers are OP and more than enough, since they also have cuffs. Even if they had those guns, it just takes a punch to stunlock them into death, so just dodge until you can reach them for the killing blow.

X-Ray gives you night vision as well, maybe you haven't done Genetics in a long while. It completely removes the dark layer so you don't need to combine it with anything at all. You can hide in maintenance and see everything that happens in normal rooms, as well as roam maintenance with no light and catch everyone by surprise, or the rest of the station if power goes out.

Genetics powers are great on their own and piss easy to get. Viro powers are nothing but a slow regenration that doesn't save you in combat (only if you manage to run away) and extra speed that you can get anyway from chemistry. You can even inject cigars with it for a long lasting speed buff as long as you puff it, even normal cigarretes so you can have an entire package of them prepared.

Speed is also severely overated. I don't know what codebase you've been playing on, but pretty much all codebases now feature projectile collision. Nobody actually clicks on the sprite to aim guns, you click on their general direction and hope the projectile collides with them. The goto strategy against xenos is to spam lasers down an hallway you know they are coming from so you can hit them even if they aren't visisble to you yet, for example.
You can try to go fast but projectiles are always faster than you (save for very rare occasions) and you always run the risk of running against them, which ironically increases the faster you move. Your oponent just has to wait in a corner or a bottleneck and aim in your direction when you try to go near and no hyperzine in the world is gonna help you against Disablers or Burn Damage.

That requires several levels of R&D and minerals. Compared to 15-20 minutes of autism in genetics?
That thing only prevents you from dropping your helds items when stunned as well as slightly reducing stun times. It doesn't give you immunity at all, far from it. It's a shitty hulk with none of the strength or stunpunch that again requires R&D and minerals to be made.

The only reason Viro looks so decent is because of Chemistry anyway, since the only thing those symptoms make is produce some chem inside of you. All this means however that you can completely replace Viro with chemistry and get the same results with 0 RNG associated with it.

man, you sound new

If you are not gonna bother trying to disprove or argue any of what I posted, I'm not gonna take you seriously or believe you are any older than I am.

Because your info is like 30% wrong

If you are not gonna bother trying to disprove or argue any of what I posted, I'm not gonna take you seriously or believe you are any older than I am.

I would but that means teaching someone something, which doesn't help me

Pretty sure flashbangs still work (although no knockdown I imagine?). If a group of assholes is coming for you, you can nade them down, or mutadone their shit anyway. It will be easier to break into sec, you're right, but good luck actually organizing in the first place.

If someone has suit sensors on you can find them even if they go invis. The thing is,

Fake and gay.

Plus, you know where to look if you were just in combat with someone. If they get away far enough that they can become invisible before you find them, they would have had an even easier time just hiding in a locker or dropping through disposals.
Invis is fucking great, just not on its own, and not before you can get autoprocessed.

What?
Shitcurity is always loaded with those guns. Yes, their first reaction is to use tazers, but you bet your ass they also have the armory on their back. Shitcurity uses cuffs only about 1/3 of the time, the rest of the time they just kill you after a stun. Some rare shitcurity kill first and ask questions never.
You'll also never punch security because, again, they have guns. Know what it means to have guns? It means you don't have to stand next to the hulk.

Hulk? Dodging anything? Let alone being able to ever get close to someone with a gun? Have you never been in that situation before? Or maybe you only play on /tg/ or something, when people are so unrobust they'll try to shoot you while standing still.

Xray doesn't give you night vision at all. You don't know what you're talking about. All dark layers are completely preserved (or again, maybe that's a bug).

Genetics powers are mediocre on their own and even a single random power is significantly harder to get than the full godvirus with the new version of pandemic.

Are you high?

Do you have even any clue what you're talking about or are you just talking out of your ass for kicks?

Easier to get than genetics, and you can't decide which power you get from genetics so expect 30 minutes+ for that.
CNS rebooter has nothing to do with nodrop, it's an implant that fucks stuns up.
You have no need for stunpunch when you have stungun, or autokill gun, anyway. Which hulks can't use, might I remind you.

You can easily max R&D in 20-30 minutes. It's even possible to do it in 15 minutes if other people cooperate and there are competent (and somewhat lucky) miners.

You have exactly 0 clue how viro works, though. I have no idea why you even bothered with your last paragraph, it shows you haven't played the game for any length of time.

Those guns are locked inside the armory that can be acessed by the HoS or the Warden (or Captain) only. Regular Shitcurity picks Officer because they don't want to sit in the Brig as Warden or have extra responsability as HoS, so they can't get those guns. A Warden or HoS actually getting those things and being shitcurity is fortunnaly a rare event.

Hulks don't lose speed or anything. They can run as fast as anyone else. And considering rushing and disarming someone is considered a very viable strategy, imagine someone that can disarm, harm and stun all with a single punch to understand how viable this is.
Even better, the Hulk can use armor to mitigate damage which combined with his stun immunity gives him plenty of time to get within melee range. And since he can even hide his hulkiness with masks and not speaking, he even has the surprise element if he is robust.
You literally have never tried hulk if you think it's that underwhelming.

Motherfucker, genetics is kinda personnal to me for very strange reasons, I know what I'm talking about. Stop talking out of your ass about something you don't even know to the point where you admit it might be a bug. I KNOW Xray gives you night vision as well because that's how it works codewise. I have perfected my genetics-fu throughout the ages and can get all the powers faster than anybody else without even upgrades, I've extensively tested all powers and I can tell 100% sure it gives you night vision. Join the damn server and go autism some genomes so you stop being dumb about this shit.

You goddamn retarded space nigger. Whenever you fire a gun, there's actually an entity that's fired from it and you can even see it. Ballistic weapons have faster projectiles than energy weapons but they are all actual entities moving around. With the right combination of drugs and other enhancements, yes. You can run side by side with a taser\laser shot. I know because I've done it before for shits and giggles. Balistic weapons however is impossible since their projectile is much faster.

R&D requires at least 15 minutes for research alone. Plus another 15 minutes for minerals alone and that's assuming you are lucky. This is still 30 minutes like genetics and you don't even need 30 minutes for all the powers. You just gotta test for disabilities to know what genes are powers and crank those as high as possible. This takes 15-20 minutes.
Then someone else started the genome from 24 and going down, leading to 15 minutes of research as well. Wew!

That doesn't work on hulks and has limited battery. Hulk punchs also stun and cause damage at the same time without requiring recharge, so it's essentially a deadlier stunbaton.

And do the same with Genetics. What was your original point anyway? That genetics gave too much work for too little benefit? Compare Hulk, Xray, TK with any of the crap you can make in the Protolathe that only costs Metal and Glass.

You dumb nigger monkey, every disease has a colection of symptoms and every tick it procs, those symptoms run their own function. For the case of Stimulant, it checks your internal chem storage for Hyperzine and Coffee and adds a bit more if it's below a certain threshold. Self respiration does the same with dexalin, others do the same with Bicaridine and Kelotane.
That's how viro works, woopity fucking do. It's just an automated Chem Synthetizer inside of you, no different from an Odysseus.
The most advanced sympton there is is probably toxic compensation since that one changes Damage directly insted of resorting to chems.

You could mix up Hyperzine, Coffee, Bicaridine, Kelotane and Dexalin into a beaker, inject the mix into a cigar and keep puffing it to get exactly the same effect Viro can do without all the RNG involved in mutating your Virus. Viro doesn't take any more skill or effort than any other department and doesn't make anything better than a chemist can whip out in 10 minutes at worse.

This whole discussion started because of someone claiming reverting the Pandemic machine to the previous "non easy" version was great because it balanced all the awesome powers it gave you when all it does is make Viro tedious again for no unique benefit other than not having to read the Chemisty section in a wiki.

hello, someone who exclusively played viro for quite awhile reporting in
ignore this if we switched to /vg/chem or it's been overhauled
yeah, it's bullshit, but with a bit of truth
the value of viro is maintained, safe chems
take for example Stimulant, which maintains a mix of hyperzine, ephedrine and coffee (in our codebase), with redundancy and space damage reduction. you don't need to chug pills, you're always maintained, to a degree
on the other-hand, there are special beneficial effects chem can't really do, like Weight Even which stabilizes your nutrition and gets rid of overeating, or negative effects like Asthmothia, which causes a great deal of toxins and death to autonomously occur
I need to get to work on more fun traits, speaking of which
in summary, tox filter and compensation, stimulant, and self respiration makes an absolutely 0 maintenance superman in a way Chem can't. Skeleton-zombies don't count.
hope this helps you learn a bit, b2af8b

oops you're already posting on that subject
keeping above for posterity
you've cherrypicked out symptoms that do use chems, ignoring a host of excellent symptoms and negative symptoms that don't touch chems
anti-bodies metabolism is a generally solid filler trait, liggeritis doesn't touch chems, cell regeneration should use chems but does direct toxloss and cloneloss reduction
actually didn't know it did toxloss as well as cloneloss, noted for supervirus 2.0
deoxy saboteur is easily the most complex trait in the game at the moment, rather than tox comp, because it touches genetics in a big way
tox filter is unique like cell regen but a tad more complex, and so forth with a number of negative traits, you get the idea
technically true, but you can stack cigars, suits, and viro (tox filter and compensation especially)
toxins have one of the fastest chemical cure rates with a number of cures, not counting patches
agreed here, but I will note that even before the Pandemic changes, it didn't take especially long
practice makes perfect as well as carpal tunnel

in any case, I don't much mind the new machine in fact it gives me an excuse to add more traits without having suicidal virobros, so I agree there, but the inaccuracies are a bit silly

Hahahahahahaha, good joke!
Which is why they can't dodge shit.
Nope.
Toppest kek.
You're funny, you know that?
The rest of the post is a literal joke, but not a funny one. Pretty cringy actually.
Nothing less from koriath I guess.

h-hey that's my post

thank you for sharing ligger love with the world :3

Yeah, that's the point.

Shit's been removed for a long time, along with dna aide.
That's true, but with the pandemic change, it takes a minute at most. It's way too easy. At least port the /vg/ genetics to go with it.

are we no longer using zaers's github?
it's still readily visible and available, the flag isn't set to ignore it, so that would mean the file was ignored in server compile rather than removed
possibly accidental, even
was responding more to the other user than you

What is the best codebase and why.

It's still in the code, all the host has to do is tick a box to activate it

Newstation's because it's not a clusterfuck of bugs and memes.

That's a good symptom for when you want a single disease to make you superman.
If you want Occular Restoration and similar stuff, you're gonna need more diseases than just one, especially if you want to buff the diseases so they progress or spread faster.
Anti-Bodies is also redundant, just get 4 or 5 diseases since that's the cap you can have and you're never gonna get any other disease, even alien infections. It's the same thing as drinking 1000 units of water to be immune to chems.

liggeritis changes your race but that's mostly cosmetic. We were talking about THE POWER that viro can give you compared to the power genetics can give you.

Ultimately, the choice is a very simple one. You want 0 maintenance and a mortal fear of Nutrition? Go with Viro. You want no RNG and eat burgers? Go with Chemistry.
Both give you exactly the same thing but one requires constant dosages while the other requires RNGautism and mandatory weight even.

Speaking of which, weight even is redundant as fuck as well. There's donk pockets everywhere for easy nutrition and a single good meal (not sugar) will keep you fed for a whole hour. The only reason Weight Even is even a thing is because the cure for Superman Virus is nutriment due to it's status, making the 6th symptom manadatory Weigth Even.
Or you can use a second disease but you make AntiBody Metabolism impossible to use as well.

So all in all, Viro is essentaially a whole collection of things making each other and other departments redundant.

The "new machine" is the old machine actually. It's the previous Pandemic Machine that just required you to do all operations in replicated bottles of blood instead of doing them all inside the machine.
Even the process of isolating symptoms could be done before with synaptizine and storing the bottles in the fridge, as well as mixing blood bottles to combine symptoms.

The whole new machine was scrapped for the inability to produce vaccines, something nobody bothered with anyway. Instead of fixing that part or just not doing anything, the whole code reverted to the previous beaker autism instead. Because a massive pile of failed virus in one corner and half an hour of even worse RNG than genetics is somehow skillfull and fun.
All this does is make Chemistry even more appealing to get your supermen's…

When I say codebase, I mean /vg/ or /tg/ or hatecode. Not the servers.

Actually NewStation forked from Zaer"'s repository and not octareenroon91's, so it is missing a lot of the bug fixing the later did while lacking some of the nicer things Koriath cooked up. It would have been easier to fork HateStation and then start adjusting it.

NewStation is also just removing stuff from the code, few changes have been features or improvements. Even the fun nods to the server culture, like the buttbot functionality, were removed. In that case, it wasn't even a revert to earlier xode, just their complete removal from the codebase.

That's a link to the repository meant for the guy asking for Hatecode, but my eyesight is fucked at the moment.

But yeah, it's hatecode.

of all of the reasons this is the worst
you get immunity after curing a disease once to begin with, distributing cures is ideal and vaccines were useless because of this
as far as antibodies, I would follow one of a few patterns
depends on how many traits you want and need

Weight Even changes the Satiation value directly, it's as usefull as becoming a Pod People. Wish is considerably better since you get Regeneration out of the box that doesn't go away if you eat a burger. And making yourself into a podman takes 5 minutes with the help of someone else, much faster than Viro. Is Botany now better than genetics too?

The awesome power of plasma spillage that nobody uses because it means the Viro is a traitor or will get a ban soon, while any plasma canister can achieve the same result.

If you're gonna count hacking the doors, then any department can be considered armed since anyone can hack doors.
Security Officers don't have acess to the Armory.

And then you go around telling other people they are the unrobust ones…

You're gonna join the game, spend 15-20 minutes in the Genetics Lab, get XRAY and see the nearby maintenance shaft with no darkness.
You are gonna feel dumb for a little while because you kept posting about how it doesn't give you night vision but then you aren't gonna say anything or admit you were wrong.

When I played on /tg/, most rounds ended in 15-20 minutes. I was forced to master my genetic-fu to get powers faster than assistants can break into the armory if I wanted just 5 minutes of dicking around with them.
I've had wizard rounds end the moment I find the gene for Hulk, for instance.
Everytime I join Medbay, it's to play Genetics because Medic is useless, everyone steals kits or sticks themselves in cryo and Chemist is the lubemen-on-fire-on-drugs.
I've tried every single power and combination with XRay and TK being the most fun combination to me.

So stop pretending you actually know what you are talking about, when someone that has tried this stuff so often it's barely fun anymore is telling you otherwise.
You know the Scrying Orb? That artifact that the Wizard can get? Gives him XRay vision which also removes Darkness from the entire map. Here's the code for that thing:
if("scrying")
164 new /obj/item/weapon/scrying(get_turf(H))
165 if (!(H.dna.check_mutation(XRAY)))
166 H.dna.add_mutation(XRAY)
167 H

The idea for vaccines is that you don't have to keep spending Gold or similar stuff to cure people, just give them something you can replicate for free.
However this is only important for diseases with rare cures which rarely happens. Often it's something simple like orange juice or spaceacilin or iron.

It used to be, your blood stored the antibodies, so you could inject people with your blood and cure them as well. But apparently that was changed and the way antibodies were stored was so fucked, they simply couldn't be stored or made as easily with the Pandemic machine. I'm not even sure you can make vaccines anymore with the old machine, if the problem comes from the change in how antibodies are saved.

Which means the revert in code was doubly pointless.

XRAY can see through walls but can only see actual entities and objects if the area is lit. It is basically the same as mesons if the areas all around you are in complete darkness, this is what people are reffering with the "can't see through maintenance", not the fact that you can now see those tiles, but that you can't see what is on those tiles.

In contrast, THERMALS (which R&D can get along with NV-MESON googles) can see all hot mobs in your immediate vicinity regardless of light level, walls or objects around them, including invisible or people inside lockers. It does not double as mesons or NV though, which means that cold-based races (such as liggers) or objects can't be seen through walls or darkness.

I am aware of how Thermals work, since it's one of my favorite Changeling powers.

But what I am telling you is that, unless it was changed (and considering the code is a revert to old one, this isn't likely) Xray does not work like Mesons at all. It actually shows you the entities on those tiles as well regarless of light level. I keep using it combined with XRay to take the Captain's medal box and ID from his room and I keep using it to find Xenos and corpses in Maintenance.

This I did not knew. Is this a thing in newstation? I though the whole change about ligger biology came way after the code version they got.

It isn't a thing sadly, but it is how it should work due to them being cold-blooded, maybe merege can code that in.

Did you mean Telekinesis? Eitherway, Captain's ID is ontop of an ever-perpetual lighting lamp in that desk, so even if the power goes out you can see it.

Are you sure you can actually see mobs in darkness through walls? Cause i'm sure you can see them in darkness if there are no walls blocking your view, but objects and people in darkness and behind walls can't be seen, even if you can see the tile like with mesons.

And considering how Merenge fell asleep on top of the Delete key, it's not gonna be a thing ever…

Yes, I did meant Telekenesis.
I recall the few times I played Wizard, I always bought the scrying orb because it allowed me to see anyone coming after me. I'd be able to see every item and piece of furniture anywhere as well as other people. Perhaps they had the PDA light on… I'll go read the code.

Man byond ads can go suck a dick

Found it!

if(M.name == XRAY)
H.sight |= (SEE_TURFS|SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS)
H.see_in_dark = max(H.see_in_dark, 8)

It's in the human.species.dm. Basically, when you get the mutation, your vision changes so you can see Turfs, Mobs, Objs and even in the Dark for 8 tiles, standard vision for humans.
So you do see absolutely everything (excluding ghosts and similar crap) through walls regardless of light level.

Could you attempt to FUD any harder?
Protip: no. It's pathetic how desperate you are, gitgud.

Podpeople get fat constantly unless they purposely alternate between being in the light and in the dark. So not even close.
Only in the light, which also makes you fat.
Obviously not, for the reasons outlined above, as well as the lack of self-respiration, death in darkness, huge weakness to plant killers, non-human status, lack of weight even, lack of virus immunity, lack of speed, and that it literally takes longer to take into a podperson than to get a godvirus with the new pandemic. Significantly so. Plus, you have to die and need help.

The second part of your post doesn't even deserve a reesponse.
Look, it's OK to be completely new to the game, just don't pretend you know what you're talking about, and stop spouting absolute nonsense while pretending you're an expert on the subject.

I don't know what's wrong with that statement. Most of the commits in NewStation remove or nerf functionality. Verification of this statement is as simple as checking the repository.

If there's an inaccuracy it might be the part about the exact details to the changed buttbot.

Please stop speaking in buzzwords and curt remarks. If you have a point it is not aided or even made in the language you use to express yourself, which lacks clarity and sincerity.

I'm sure people will believe you and flock to your station, gitgud. Yup, acting like that is what people want from you after all.

There's an attempt at ad hominem here but the reality of the situation is that you can neither verify nor confirm I'm gitgud. Your argument leans on people disliking a name, and irrationally taking your word for the dishonesty of the statement based on their dislike for a person and resultant response.

You've yet to offer an appeal to anything other than pathos, which puts into question your ability to argue the point in any other way.

Thanks for confirming what we all already knew about you, gitgud.

#Just ss13 things

sometimes it feels like work tbh

Any GOOD guides on toxins? I want to bomb /tg/ and make them scream in horror as their shitty server dies.

new update prevents server lag from that fam

GUYS I HAD AN IDEA

You know how job roles have an off/low/med/high priority? What if antag roles had an off/easy/medium/difficult thing as well? You could also assign a preference to combat or subterfuge/roleplaying objectives

There wouldn't be any reason except to challenge yourself and brag about it later

>attempts to call shuttle when everything is fine (?)

I wasn't even involved, but you're just a faggot.

This obviously isn't what is running on the server because i JUST got x-ray and i couldn't see through darkness. Maybe the scrying orb does this special effect but regular genetics x-ray does NOT give you nightvision.

How salty can you be?

You should still be able to spam voice recorders with a few dozen bounced radios to crash the server, though.

More of your "protips"? Do you really want this bad that I go look for the damn code again to show you how wrong you are?

PodPeople gain Satiation overtime (the thing that dictates how hungry you are) while above a certain light level until they are at a point where they don't feel hunger. After that, they maintain said level.
Nutrition, which is another variable that PodPeople don't even touch, makes you fat if it stays above a certain value for too long.
Not only do PodPeople keep their Satiation at a specific interval, it has nothing to do with Nutrition which is the thing that actually makes you fat.

FTFY. Instead of relying on more "urban rumours" about how the game works, how about you try shit for yourself or go check the code? Because it's pretty sad to make stupid claims like "PodPeople get fat overtime!" or "Xray doesn't give you night vision!" when anyone can read the code and disprove you easily.

I have no idea why you keep posting. Everytime you show you're completely brand new to the game, yet you come up with even more nonsense that's beyond completely wrong to make yourself look even newer. It's clear you haven't spent even a single second ingame at this point. It would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

I think the one upset here is you. Sure, the medic/sadist was a huge faggot but you din't have to metagame with a posibrain to kill he.

Oops, it looks like you mistakenly pressed the h key when you really wanted the m key.

You still haven't grown up over the "no u" defense? Sad…

Well, I checked /tg/ code (confirmed to be the recent one since it has the mutations nerfs) and that's all they have there.
I've also checked Hate current code and (unsurprinsigly) that function is about 5 times larger, probably because of all the different exceptions there are with vision due to Shadowpeople and some glasses.

However both do essentially the same thing and give the same kind of vision. And this is old stuff, even previous versions of the code should have it. If you didn't got that, it has to be a bug with vision.
Can you try Shadowpeople on the newstation or did they cut that out too? It would be the easier way to test darkvision and that should tell us if there's a bug with their code or not, which might be related to the rest of vision.

Both of you are fucking retarded, with cb6 pointing old shit that isn't how podmen work nowadays since code reforms and b2a literally using nu-/tg/ unironically instead of what is ran on our current server.

Which is not ran on the server, and even if it was "unchanged oldcode" as you said it was, it doesn't change the fact that i JUST GOT XRAY on the server and it doesn't display what is on the maintenance tiles north of genetics because it's all darkness. Xray isn't even darkvision and memeraces aren't enabled on roundstart because you can access most of them anyways through in-game means.

Fine, got the repository somewhere? Kinda want to spelunk a bit in it.

server when?

But memeraces are, in fact, enabled at roundstart. You have flies, zombies, skellies, humans, lizards, abductors, jellypeople, shadows, and podpeople, maybe I'm even forgetting a few. That was at least the case yesterday.

This should be it.

If they are, i haven't seen anyone use them.

For Hatestation:
For NewStation:
For tgstation(upstream of both):
github.com/tgstation/-tg-station

Balanced.

Thanks for the links.
This is why I was asking for the meme races:
/datum/mutation/human/x_ray/on_acquiring(mob/living/carbon/human/owner)
if(..()) return
on_life(owner)

/datum/mutation/human/x_ray/on_life(mob/living/carbon/human/owner)
owner.sight |= SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS|SEE_TURFS
owner.see_in_dark = 8

You guys are still running the same code Hate does run, since this is a very old and ancient part of the code. And XRay actually does give you vision over Mobs, Objects and Turfs, plus sets your night vision to 8. From what I've been told, that means it completely removes darkness. As I said it did.

Back when the other races where added to roundstart, there was an issue with Shadowpeople that had no darkvision naturally and\or lost it upon using sunglasses. That was a bug that was corrected later related to the way the game handles your vision.
Considering how XRay kinda is handled in a somewhat similar way, what you have is a bug that prevents the nightvision from being added. It's probably a good idea for an admin to spawn the wizards scryinb orb and testing it to check. If it doesn't give you full vision, you have a bug with vision, specifically seeing in the dark.

Forgot to add, if admins are "too busy" to check on this, a player can test it out with the Shadowpeople, if they haven't been banned yet…

Now cb6254 can stop posting his "protips" and instead go cry in OOC for merenge to "delete the bug" or something.
Standard solution is probably gonna be to delete the Scrying Orb and the DNAMachine, considering we already have Viro and it's powerfull beakers :^)

I have personally tried them all out because I had never been anything but human or skelly.

Confirmed for literally never having played the game, case closed everybody. The reason why he's spouting absolute and complete nonsense is that all he knows of the game is what people told him about it.

Just checked right now and race is no longer enabled, so I guess that's that. Probably a consequence of the 510 compatiblity changes.

You better be joking.

Isn't that Slimeperson? Do xenobio or be injected by someone who actually did xenobio. If it's Flyperson, just teleport alot without calibrating the 'porter.

They're not the same thing at all. Slime people are just blue faggots that don't get attacked by slimes.

Jellies are jellies that get hungry much faster than other beings and have slime for blood. They also don't just look like a human that had an accident they look like an actual alien race. I think they're also much weaker to cold but I'm not sure about that one.

The fact that stun papers disable you for 6 million years tells you a lot about the /tg/ playerbase.

Then there's gangs aka rev+, where security needs to waste twice the loyalty implants to counter gangsters because ???? and eye protection doesn't prevent you from converting, only way to be safe if you're not security is to run around in a fucking exosuit.

>admin pm from faggot
>lol why did u kill he dindu nuffin
>just spend 4 minutes and 30 cargo points on him goyim

TG is basically built around stuns at this point, especially ones that antags get.

I can't even begin to stress how incredibly stacked current TG is in favor of antags. Unless that antag is silicon in any way shape of form.

I remember maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago there was one of those TG tests where they for just one round tried disabling stuns but not stamina damage and it was a complete clusterfuck of people not being able to do anything because their entire playerbase is completely dependent on stuns that last a minimum of 5 seconds from one hit.

yeah its garbage

I want to get into this game, what's the best way to understand it? Any guides before I hop in? Also I remember long ago and I want to ask are Lizardmen still in? Didn't Holla Forums discriminate against them so much they got banned or something?

The best way to understand it is to download the codebase and run a local server where you're the host so you can fuck around with any job and spawn objects and shit.

It also wasn't Holla Forums doing the lizard thing liggers are just hated because that's the lore of the game. Tajaran on the other hand are hated because they're played exclusively by furfags.

I have a bit of an opposite story

Did byond ever fix it's lag or is SS13 still the most choppiest game ever made

Lizardmen are still in servers like /tg/station and hippie station.

I learned by playing each job on low-rp/non-rp servers. Assistant is the hardest, but it's the easiest to learn since you get a lot of leeway and less scrutiny.

You can, just not from start.

fuck yeah

It's a shitload better now due to hardware and network infrastructure improvements.

Server could use more people for some roleplaying shenanigans.

Bullshit, how? I'm not talking about the shitty slime people from green slimes.

Were those changed to turn you into a jelly instead of a slime? If so what turns you into a slime now?

Green turns you into a slimegirl, black turns you into a proper slime, if that's what you're referring to.

No I'm talking about the jelly people, the ones that look like a gelatinous being shaped like a human that has weak toxin instead of blood but dies to anti toxin like dylovene and gets hungry like 3 times faster than regular crew.

We don't have it yet, sorry

We do but since we disabled race, we can't choose it anymore. I mistook it for the regular slimepeople.

Give me all your ideas to improve xenobio and make it less busywork-y.
I'll try to whip something up soon(tm), my current ideas are:

btw ™ is alt + 0153

Used extract reycyler

5 used slime extracts for a grey slime extract

Is it really needed though?Most of the times I do xenobio I end up with over 40 grey extracts.
I need to shape up the current idea I have better,but the basic is this:
Over time, xenobio became increasingly less dangerous and now slimes pose no risk at all if you're a xenobiologist, I'm thinking that we could have a huge creature(with multiple growth phases) that needs to be stored in the huge cell like the aliens, and that is hostile at all growth stages.
I'm still thinking of how to flesh it out though, give it some useful shit to help the station or others.

Make slimes more like plants - growth rates, yields, etc. Stats only apply when theyre growing or fed into a specific machine.

Alsp the rewards are shit
>Inject one type with blood to get film
Seriously?

Nígger, are you fucking retarded?There are lots of 10/10 rewards, it's just that there's tons of busywork involved.
I mean,

Also if you could be a bit more indepth with your suggestion I'd be grateful, sounds interesting.

Just toss anchored slime processors into the walls.

Make the slime's film explosive; I mean we got reddit tier memes from jojo.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Grapher

That's what I'd do.
Unsure about the explosive film thing, xenobio is already OP enough when it comes to combat .

I've talked with a coder about that specific line and what someone that knows more about the game than me is that I was correct in that it gives you night vision.

But cool thing you clearly proved I was wrong and that's not true at all because it had to be someone else to confirm how that worked.
You know, like I'm telling you how things actually work :^)

Most people hate anything non-human and considering how newstation is about apeasing those fags as well as remove content, don't count on seeing anything other than humans at round-start, just krock skeletons and the like.

This is why I pushed for a long time for the stun reduction on Hatestation a long time ago. Combat is such a stupid boring mess with the overdependence on stuns. The moment where a stun revolver is more scary than a flamethrower is the moment you know you fucked up your combat system.

Also, fun fact. Their stamina damage is fucked (and newstation most likely too, since the fix was a very recent one that they likely haven't ported yet). Basically, if you keep using disablers, the stamina damage isn't cumulative. It resets to 100 if it goes over and gives you weaken/5). So the best disablers can give you is disable someone for about 5 ticks, which is why they don't even use it.
Which is also very hilarious because you can find tons of people complaing on their forums about "disablers OP!"

Byond keeps crashing for me god damn, pls fix dis

What about implementing that computer thing TG currently has only without the room you drop slimes into to kill them so that you can breed slimes and move monekeys and shit from the computer interface but to actually kill and harvest them you would have to get in the pens with them. It's not a terrible idea they had with it it's just that the kill room makes it stupid since you can breed slimes with no risk whatsoever but if you still had to manually kill slimes it could be a decent system.

It would reduce the tedium and keep some of the risk.

Or it could be made less tedious by making slimes absorb monkeys faster. Specifically monkeys only or you risk making slimes even more dangerous by allowing them to absorb people faster as well.

Another thing could be to make the slime scanner an injector as well that you could use to inject a slime to either increase or decrease the odds of mutation as well as the regular scanning function.

Maybe the ability to just have monkeys breed could make it somewhat less tedious or at least more varied since you could do that instead of keeping a couple of grey slimes to farm monkeys with.

The thing they say about disablers being OP is that you can't shake someone back up instantly unlike taser stuns, and you get more ammo with hybrid tasers when using them (20 disabler lasers instead of 5 taser slugs) which is more bang for your buck when getting mobbed even if you need 3 or 4 hits to bring someone down.

TL:DR it's them being salty that they can't greytide/rev when security switches firemodes, despite disablers sucking ass due to 10 second stuns on everything else.

bumping this motherfucker

bby I miss u

And you could've been less of a shitter what ignores the last four OPs.
I'd love to hear your whining if I were to make a OP without Hate.

Well, for starters, Sec uses those guns often enough that I've seen. Especially the syndie pistols.
While it does take just a punch, the trick is getting that close. Any sec worth his salt will be running and shooting. Hell, you could throw shit and it'd work against a hulk.

Xray doesn't give night vision last time I played. Maybe you haven't done genetics in a while.

Speed is literally the single most effective thing in SS13. Because of the simplicity of most combat, speed is how you win the vast majority of conflicts. Get robust.
You are right about the collision, but that doesn't make it any less easy to dodge lasers. You sure as hell have a lot more survivability with a speed boost than you do without in any gun encounters.

Depends on the RnD team, but typically, especially if you have a good mining crew, this is done in five, ten without good miners.
RnD is literally 'jam a thing in the machine and follow a list' after all. Meanwhile, genetics is a hell of a lot of guesswork and luck.

Mate, if I had a dime for every time Sec itself broke into armory, I'd probably have a decent bit of change. At least a few bucks.
Pardon me as I laugh my ass off.
Wardens almost never stay in brig, and as for HoS, most folk play it like Sec +access
Whut? According to who?
Best strat for a gun wielding enemy is to run the fuck away. Anyone who don't do that is a retard.
After that, it's finding a way to slip them. Sure as hell isn't disarm. They have a fucking gun.

Since when? I can finish that shit in a handful of minutes. It doesn't take that much. Most everything can be printed, and assuming robotics doesn't use all the metal, you should get max without ever needing extra shit either.
Hardest part is waiting for the damn chem synth to recharge.
Minerals are also next to nothing, since you can get a goddamn RIPLEY and mine most everything you need into an upgraded ore proc in under five.

I can finish RnD and make more than enough gear for myself in 15 minutes. And I'm not even that good at it.

Meanwhile, genetics is still going to take forever for a hell of a lot less, with a ton of luck thrown into the mix.

Don't forget that he's talking about maxing R&D; not rushing combat 5/6.

You can shit an advanced egun or SMG in a matter of minutes after visiting the asteroid with a Ripley and using a welder on the ore.

RD working alone? He'll jihad anything; HoS and a RD working together? Everyone's fucked; even more so if you can remove standard firing pins and replace them for loyalty pins.

>ERROR INVALID USER

is there a new server?

last time i tried to play h8station it was always 0 people playing or 4 people and 8 hours in

it's the dead hour where the decent server has no one playing

Newstation 74.91.121.114:7777

Everyone is there.

Everyone plays on newstation my man

If you are in a server were such shitcurity runs THAT rampant, you might consider changing server, since admins clearly don't give a fuck. Sec isn't supposed to run anything but non-lethals unless serious threats are spotted, not grabbing it in the start. If they don't get jobbans for that, the server is shit, pure and simple.
Sounds a lot like you are overexagerating the behaviour of one particular player or server because in all the years I've played, the HoP takes guns from the armory more often than any officer.

Maybe you've missed the previous posts… If XRay isn't giving you night vision, your code is fucked. It's code gives you night vision, but the part where vision is processed might be bugged. Shadowpeople are also supposed to have nightvision but for a while when starting as one in Hatestation, they didn't had it at all. Or even lost it when wearing sunglasses (something that changes the same var that gives you night vision)

You also keep talking about how speed is a very viable strategy while contradicting yourself stating that rushing someone and disarming him isn't a viable strategy. You can rush someone from the sides or around him and spamming disarm to force him to get his gun or even fall down and you can get it. Most firefights also involve the shooter running backwards to avoid precisely that kind of thing.
If you can't run and disarm someone firing at you, you're shit. It's called yakkety sax, learn it son.

But you don't START with a RIPLEY. Your entire theorycraft is somewhat funny because you keep missing these details. Yes, you can make a RIPLEY and even an upgraded ORM and go mine stuff on your own. But that requires time, at the very least extra 15 minutes, otherwise you get stun revolvers at best.
Even Combat Research requires combat shotguns to get started so that means either breaking into the armory or the cooperation of another player.

OK kid

Combat research gets to 5 without a combat shotgun. Pretty sure that gives you the experimental smg.

See here:
This is in the current code of Newstation, x_ray forces the user to run on_life and when it does so, it gives him the ability to see Mobs, Objects and Turfs, as well as increasing his night_vision to 8. This means he can see in 8 tiles radius (the default vision of humans) without any darkness at all. In other words, night vision.

Again, speaking from experience, there was a bug with darkvision involving another case, the Shadowpeople, that didn't got it when they were supposed to get it. It's most likely the same error for XRay. This error was corrected later but way after the point in which Bigslice got the code so it's likely he still has the code.

Talking about shitcurity and related shenaningans, there was NGL, famous shitter HoP that kept picking the role so he could be a traitor with all acess and loot the armory regardless. He was much more obnoxious than any Officer when it came to use illegal guns.
There was also Just L that kept being shitcurity because that was fun to him and Skelus, his butt buddy that powergamed as fuck but not even he would loot the armory that often. Both heavily relied on stuns and disablers because it allowed them to tow the line as to what should get them jobbaned.

You want to provide a logical explanation as to why you're not supposed to get XRay despite the code clearly telling you you should get it, be my guest.
You want to talk about a specific player or instance where for multiple consecutive rounds an Officer is carrying illegal weapons around, be my guest.
But until then, I'm speaking from experience, having played and read the code of Holla Forums servers since Pizzastation and as far as you're concerned, yes I'm an expert in that stuff. At least more than you :^)

The order of research for combat is Practice Laser Gun (in the lab) -> 2, Stun Baton (in Xeno) ->3, Stun Revolver (printed) -> 4, and here you needed the submachine gun that requires silver and diamonds to make if you want 5 or you get the combat shotgun.

The whole idea of the CS is to avoid the silver and diamonds required, otherwise you are stuck at 4 and the best you can do without minerals is the stun revolver. All other guns require either Silver, Diamonds or even Uranium. But if you can get any of those minerals, you can also upgrade to 5 and get the rest of the guns anyway.

Correction: Durand and Gygas Targeting Boards can be deconstructed for research 5. Still doesn't help though, since you still need Silver for any gun that isn't a stun revolver.
Ironically, you can make ammo for those guns without Silver.

Laser gun is a tech 3 weapon and can't be used for research until you reach level 2. There is no stun baton in xeno. Stun revolver requires weapons 4 and provides weapons 1 (thus unusable in research).
Laser canon and prototype submach can both be done with research 4 (requires diamonds, or diamonds + silver). The following chain reaches weapons 5: flash, laser, pacifier, gps, gps, honk weapons, durand weapons. This chain requires nothing but the sulphur, glass and metal available from the start and takes about 2 minutes to complete. Getting the necessary diamonds and silver wouldn't take 3 more minutes.

Laser cannon is combat 4 in Newstation and requires diamonds:
/datum/design/lasercannon
name = "Laser Cannon"
desc = "A heavy duty laser cannon."
id = "lasercannon"
req_tech = list("combat" = 4, "materials" = 3, "powerstorage" = 3)
build_type = PROTOLATHE
materials = list(MAT_METAL = 10000, MAT_GLASS = 2000, MAT_DIAMOND = 2000)
build_path = /obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/lasercannon
category = list("Weapons")

Stunrevolver is tech 3 in newstation but you're correct and only provides Combat 1:
/datum/design/stunrevolver
name = "Stun Revolver"
desc = "A high-tech revolver that fires internal, reusable taser cartridges in a revolving cylinder. The cartridges can be recharged using conventional rechargers."
id = "stunrevolver"
req_tech = list("combat" = 3, "materials" = 3, "powerstorage" = 2)
build_type = PROTOLATHE
materials = list(MAT_METAL = 4000, MAT_GLASS = 1000)
build_path = /obj/item/weapon/gun/energy/stunrevolver
category = list("Weapons")

If the Stun Baton was removed from Xeno it can be replaced with a flamethrower.
Honk weapons board has no Combat rating, just Programming, dunno why you included it in that list.
Durand is Combat 4, so it gets you to Combat 5 at best, you're still needing something else for Combat 6 or there's no Xray rifle or Ion Rifle. But you mentioned only lvl 5, so I guess that's an okay list.

The problem is that even though you reached lvl 5 of Combat, you still need minerals for anything more dangerous than a stunrevolver. At least Silver for the SMG.
And firing pins can be produced only as loyalty ones or you're gonna have to steal them from the Brig anyway.
All that means you're still gonna have to mine for minerals in adition of doing research to make weapons you can't even use unless you are a traitor, got an implant or stole from the brig.

Doing said research PLUS mining the required minerals (which includes producing your RIPLEY) takes at least as long and possibly longer than getting all the genome mapped in genetics and having an injector ready to be made with all the powers you found. Which was the conundrum that started this discussion, BTW.

We can both brag about how fast we can do research in our departments while implying it takes substancially longer for the other department to do the same. But overall, I think they aren't that different in time required since Genetics has been made since goonstation times to mathematically take 15-30 minutes to get you powers according to your skill while R&D takes 15 or 30 minutes if you have or don't have a Miner on the station.
I'd even suggest Genetics might be slightly faster simply because you literally need nothing else that's not present in the lab, just endure the RNG, while R&D needs you to visit both the asteroid and the Brig.

Xray on newstation has never given nightvision except when combined with meson due to a bug where meson disabled shadowing and was applied first, and xray was applied later and gave vision of everything not in darkness; and neither has it on hatestation. Despite this bug, xray has never given nightvision on its own. see_in_dark does not do what you think it does (surprising precisely nobody at this point). People who, you know, actually PLAY the game, have already pointed that out to you several times. Why you remain so stubbornly wrong about it, and why you keep spouting even more nonsense with every post, is a mystery to us all. If I had a penny for every time you got completely BTFO and still continued mouthing off, showing your incredible ignorance (and make no mistake, it is legitimately difficult to comprehend how someone can be as ignorant as you), I could buy a few beers right now.

Look, you've been wrong not about everything, but close to it. And every time you post, the amount of wrong statements to total statements increases sharply. There's no shame in being new to a game. However, what do you get from pretending you're not? Come play with us, learn and have fun, instead of shitting up the threads with pure bullshit.

Honk gives data which is required to unlock durand board which has combat. Same with gps x2.

Programming does not exist.

A flamethrower has level 1 and can't replace a stunbaton.

Your timings are 100% wrong.

You're the only one stubornly posting about how it's not supposed to give you night vision, claiming see_in_dark does something entirely different (but never saying what :^) and ignoring that this is most likely a bug that WAS present on Hatestation and fixed after it was pretty clearly indentified as a bug and not a feature.
You want to argue otherwise, please feel free to explain how see_in_dark works and why it's not supposed to give you night_vision.

Because otherwise, you're making an ass of yourself. Every post you make is "wow, ur so stoopid, how can someone be so stoopid? things are not as you say they are, I know because you don't!"

/datum/design/honker_targ
name = "Exosuit Module (\"H.O.N.K\" Weapons & Targeting Control module)"
desc = "Allows for the construction of a \"H.O.N.K\" Weapons & Targeting Control module."
id = "honker_targ"
req_tech = list("programming" = 3)
build_type = IMPRINTER
materials = list(MAT_GLASS = 1000, "sacid" = 20)
build_path = /obj/item/weapon/circuitboard/mecha/honker/targeting
category = list("Exosuit Modules")

My bad about the flamethrower. Forgot you actually used it for the Plasma Research and the combat level it gave you was just an headstart to avoid wasting other crap.

My timings come from experience. I can finish Genetics in 20 minutes or even less if I'm lucky. You're gonna tell me you can finish R&D, mine Silver or any other material you might need for your gun of choice and steal a firing pin or loyalty implant in less than 20 minutes? I'd be quite impressed with that.

Besides, all you get are guns. Woopity fucking do. 20 minutes in Genetics gets me TK for much funnier shenaningans than any gun can get you with way less chance of a ban, even better with Xray. And Hulk and Cold Resistant and a few other neat stuff like Invisibility or Agility. Even if you disagree that those are more powerfull than guns, they are still more interesting and have a lot more oportunities to have fun with them than just guns.

Programming does not exist and the honk module provides data and a few other things. It takes at least 20-25 minutes to get powers in genetics, it takes at most 5-7 minutes to get guns in science. As antag, test range pins can become firing pins. As non-antag, nobody is there to mind if you break your way into the armory if nobody is considering loyalty-implanting you.

Tk does literally nothing except getting you lynched for being a faggot.
Genetics does not have agility. None of the genetic powers are more powerful than guns and all they can afford is extra survivalability.

You completely brushed aside the fact that everything in your research path was wrong. Yet you still dare speak of experience which you obviously don't have.

I just quoted directly from Newstation code showing you that the HONK targeting control module requires Programming so it has to exist.

Provived there are minors, that nobody took that spare Silver Ore in Cargo or that you break into the Vault, of course.
Compared to standing in your lab in genetics, I'd say it's faster to endure a bit of RNG.

The rest of the players don't know if you are antag or not, why do people keep forgetting this? And guess what it looks like when someone tries to break into the armory, let alone to make guns.

TK allows you to use machines at a distance, which combined with XRay means you can use them through walls and from maintenace.
This includes using any computer in the Captain's Room from the small maintenance corridor near it.

It also allows you to drag objects and turn them into weapons. Re-usable throw, if you will, that can even hit people directly if they grab what you are moving. And you can freely use it while running. You can also drag a chair with wheels to achieve super speed easily and even use TK Grab as a ranged punch. It's much more usefull than you might think and even used to be more so.

By agility I meant the silly power of climbing tables like monkeys do.

And you're completely brushing aside the requirement for minerals to do anything meaningfull in R&D. And by meaningfull, I mean guns because that's all that comes out of there.

I added the time required to mine and break into armory in the 5-7 minutes figure, otherwise it's down to 1 minute.

But you don't seem to have ever played the game, so I don't know why I keep replying.

/vg/ is currently doing a no rules day

Did they change the IP? I have pomf:3333.

byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

why is there no one on new station right now?

No clue. None of us seem to be on /vg/ either, hate was empty when I checked, I guess people decided to run away from the drama completely or something.

I had no idea you could do this. A shame you can't TK choke, they removed that IIRC.

what drama?

Just taking a break here

its ss13
always fucking drama with this shit

it was all good until one retard had to push one fuel tank

WE BUILT THIS CITY

BIGSLICE FIX THIS SHIT REEEEE

w-wew lads?

anyone else getting their client freezing since the new update to beyond?

We already established you are gonna mine with a Ripley. The process to make one without having upgraded the machines takes far longer than 7 minutes already.
Upgrading R&D to help speed up that process also takes 10 minutes if done real quick what with colleting some of the needed stuff.
Why are you being so stubborn when one can easily test this shit or just read on the code how long it takes to print all the RIPLEY parts?

Why are you so hellbent on proving that R&D is better than Genetics anyway? It gets you guns that are better than hulk and no RNG, but it requires extra time and materials from the asteroid and\or stolen from the brig. It's not this magical department that makes everything in less than 5 minutes that you're pretending it is and you know that very well.

It's not even that fun. You can upgrade machines and make your personal cloner while also arming yourself up but nothing of that is as fun as creeping around with XRay in mainteance and chasing people in the hallways with lockers, speeding around in chairs around the station (you can use an extinguisher for that though) and being Hulk when there are Xenos is awesome since your punches actually do stun them (weaken, but it's handled the same way).

If you wanted guns anyway you could always pick HoS, Captain, Warden or GunCargo.

TK has underwent a lot of changes. Used to be you could grab any item in sight and also use it on sight as well. You could hack cameras from far away, grab items behind glass doors and even hit people without being near them. XRay was also mandatory because it meant you could steal stuff from maintenance without being seen.
A usual "prank" was to get any weapon and idle in maintenance with any face covering item. When anyone passed the hallways, you'd club them for spooky times.

Then this was considered too unrealistic and instead you get an item in your hands when you press throw with an empty hand. You can punch people with this (so it's only 5 damage anyway). Alternatively, you can "grab" an item, move it near other people and then click them to attack them with said item. Even if they grab it, that just means the distance between them and the item is 0, so you can keep clicking them.
There's even a secret bundle for syndicates named "Sith Lord" that gives you a TK Injector, 2 e-swords and a black robe so you can do the old "throw my sword and hit people far away" trick.

Even for non lethal shenaningans, Genetics has the best potential for fun out of pretty much all other departments and it's well prepared for lethal shenaningans as well if you know how to exploit your powers.
The agility gene doesn't sound much usefull until you consider using tables as obstacles in a fight, giving you free movement and a short stun to everyone else…

dead

no u

>J Geil states, "Nyo ho"
>J Geil states, "Oh boy"

Murder
well played

W E W
E
W
I just wanted to cook!

you forget turning me into food you corpse violator

can we make hardsuits not useless in combat

no

but they make you really slow and even slower if you put the helmet on which makes no real sense

It's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be game balance.

They also make it so you take less brute damage.
Also making hardsuits not useless in combat would make them fucking op.

well right now speed is king so it's not balanced

not less brute damage then armour and a helmet though and with those you can move at normal speed

It is balanced, it gives you fucking space protection, don't you realize what a huge advantage this is?
then take the fucking hardsuit off

just drink coffee and have a mask on with a smaller air tank in your pocket and you're fine in space and still at more of an advantage

I agree with this guy
if you want boosted protection while fighting, armory is a thing and armor is relatively easy to get steal

Yeah because pressure damage is non-existent right?And coffee never runs out right?
rip backpack slots
overdose.

you're not going to fight in space for very long for either of those things to matter

Then why do you care about spacesuits at all if coffee does all the things you want for you already?
Just take the 30 cups of coffee with you and forget the space suits.

they're slow, that's my issue you cunt if combat is forced upon you while you're in it you're pretty much fucked and taking it off while in combat is asking for death sooner

its like you want to be bad at the game

YOU FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW THEY'RE BALANCED
IT ONLY TOOK YOU 13 POSTS BUT YOU DID IT, CONGRATULATIONS

o.k cunt bag

wew

Yes because clearly spacesuits carry NO benefits at all, they're just there for us to play pretend right?

the time you take taking it off is time wasted in combat

the benefit is meaningless since speed is king in combat you fucking autist

Why are you bringing a hardsuit into a speed fight then?

You believe speed is king in combat because you are unable to hit anything, and you're beaten by anyone who either has the stimulant symptom or has the ability to run.

Hardsuits are not made for combat. Why do you think security neglects their hardsuit unless it is needed. Hardsuits are for space.
They will never be made for combat.

because you don't bring it into combat, combat is brought onto you

That's how hardsuits are balanced, don't you understand?
Wearing one around means you're safe from space, not from combat.

Whats all this arguing about you all seem to agree that fighting with a hardsuit on outside of the vacuum is a shitty idea.

but that's not my point, you're a sitting duck in one and you're better off not wearing one at all but that's not realistic thing to do as an engineer since you have to have one for solar

Didn't you say that coffee made you invencible in space enough time for you to get by?Just wire your solars up without the hardsuit then.

Anyway hardsuits are for dragging unsuited victims into spess.

you spend too much time in space and as you said the pressure will get you and you can't carry enough coffee

Then you use a hardsuit when you go wire solars.

could've just stolen his ID or something

I'm done with this retarded circular argument

Don't the door hit you on the way out

go back to halfchan

The only know who seems like a /tg/ player is you, don't you have to circlejerk over how good the secbot removal was or something?

why is it that if you replace your body with cyborg parts it does utterly nothing but look different?

Because transplants are made for people who lost limbs

Also robochest makes you impervious to ayyings

Combat hardsuits are more of a nukeop thing than anything and maybe the odd wizard.

Besides they're not entirely useless in combat they do have some very minor reductions such as the base 10 melee, 5 bullet, 10 laser, 5 energy and 10 bomb resistance.

Some of them also have some somewhat useful non combat applications such as the atmos hardsuit being fire proof, the engineering hardsuit having 75 rad resist, the CE hardsuit having 90 rad resist, 50 bomb resist, 40 melee resist and being fire proof and the mining hardsuit which has 40 melee resist and can potentially get up to 80 melee resist which can be pretty useful while mining among hostile mobs.

Point is crew hardsuits are made to be functional for their jobs rather than combat. For example compare those with the nukeop hardsuit which has 60 melee resist, 50 bullet resist, 30 laser resist, 15 energy resist, 35 bomb resist and a standard 50 rad resist. It's not so much about hardsuits being useless for combat as much as it is about crew hardsuits not being made for combat.

We interrupt this shitposting to give you a blast from the past

I hope you five guys are doing well

fuck yall

you're the hat

;_;

what is this?

Hardsuits actually used to have no speed drop. What happened was that they were stolen every round and some people even picked those roles specifically to take them because it was free legal armor that you could carry around that doubled as space protection and syringe protection.

The speed drop was added so people were dissuaded from just wearing the damn suits all the time. You get the Engineering Hardsuit, start the singularity and wire solars, you put it back, you don't go around with it in the station.

Even when comparing them to armor, they were essentially the same thing but also space and syringe proof with no downside. So they got the speed nerf so there's at least a reason to pick regular armor over them.

Now EVA suits, last time I checked, still gave you space and syringe protection with no speed drop (but I think no armor value) so you'll still get the ocasinal powergaming faggot getting one so the CMO can't handle him properly.

I was also a traitor. Not the murderboning kind either. I never said I enjoyed it. I think it takes a much smarter/robust player to have as few casualties as possible, being able to fulfill objectives without any collateral damage is a lot cooler than esword/ebow combo. I panicked is all.

well if you were tator then there's no problem, my issue was with a regular player killing another.

I think there's a problem with dismemberment

It's more like a problem with how cloth sprites work overall.

robotics needs a overhaul

I suggest to make it so that you actually build the workings of the kind of bot you want first and then stick that into a container of whatever and finally put into it cards that determine it's function much like the AI laws

so a bot with the workings of a cleanbot with the container of a microwave that's functioning as a medbot

it would try to inject people with it's mop

while the person being injected is trying to cook a donk-pocket

but also I think that how the bot moves should be something that's made and put into the bot

so like hover units, jets, heilichoptor rotors, wheels, tank tracks, robot legs, human legs that kinda thing

DanielHen? Is that you?

RAVAGE

HE-HOR-HE-HOR

I'm joining. I hope we can have some really good autism fun

Don't sweat the small stuff :^)

AI here, I'm glad there's people who fondly remember that round. Sometimes you guys are alright.

Does anyone have the Durand Durand OC stuff? I need that laugh.

What if Janitors had near all access (Can open pretty much any door, but no ID console and such access)

Keys to everything.

Sure, they use nonlethals at first. BUt as soon as that doesn't work, they shooting you full of lead.
You are right, though. HoP steals them more often. To be fair, that's mainly due to the rest of sec actually having to break into armory to get them. Which they do more often than you'd think.

Rushing a guy with a gun is a stupid idea. Yes, speed is incredibly useful, but anyone with half a noggin can tell you you'd have to be a retard to rush a guy with a gun. This doesn't contradict squat you doublenigger.
You want to get away from a guy with a gun. More range means it is harder for you to get hit. Closer you are, the more screwed you are.
In a ranged battle, speed means you can get the fuck out, and dodge a bit.

RIPLEYs take no time at all to build. You literally just set it to print the shit required, go finish RnD, then cram that thing together in under a minute.
You're so full of shit I would've mistaken you for a sewer. Fifteen minutes my ass.
No it doesn't, you are just shit at RnD. Please refrain from doing it, because apparently you are that fucker who always wastes the practice laser gun and leaves us sitting ages behind in comtech.

Seriously, kill yourself, and never ever touch my research console.

Flamethrower > Combat 2
Stunprod [no cell needed] > Combat 3
Practice laser gun > Combat 4
Durand Weapons Board > Combat 5
If you really want it, combat 6 use a combat shotgun.

we really need more low pop antags

Anyone got any good 3D whatnots of Syndie Hardsuits?

I find it odly funny that this whole discussion started with some faggot (and I'm assuming it was you) defending the scrapping of the Pandemic Machine because "Viro is too good compared to Genetics" and it went over in the biggest "moving the goals" argument ever.
From Genetics being shittier than Viro when it wasn't, to RnD being easier than Genetics when it isn't, the whole point of the discussion was that removing that machine because of vaccines was stupid.

And yet, here we are, arguing over how to do R&D fast as fuck. As if that shit produced anything more interesting than guns or was a sound argument for the removal of the Pandemic Machine either.

Wasn't me, but it is much better than genetics. Genetics needs a buff.
A few more powers'd do it.

I mean, I guess I really shouldn't expect much from someone what clearly doesn't play, but still. Fuckin' hell, man.

Xenobio, now, there's a department in dire need of a buff. Takes forever, for very little reward.
It's the funnest section, though. Slimes are adorable.

Robotics :^)
Crappy genetic powers :^)
The crap /tg/ invented to pretend R&D is usefull but that nobody bothers for 98% of the rounds and the other 2% is just for personal use?
You mean only genetics? That doesn't even "need" it? Because upgrades for Hydro are just more water in the pots and the ORM only gives you more Ore, as if you needed even more of it…
What are examples then? Because the Experimentator is the wackiest thing your gonna make and it's shit. And everything else is already on the station somewhere.
Robotics :^)

I don't do R&D often because it's just following an autistic checklist on things to deconstruct while completely ignoring the work of Miners because you can do it anyway.
It's often done by powergamers because of guns and sometimes because of implants but it's not very interesting unless you're gonna hunt for your valids.
I'd much rather dick around with TK than basically anything R&D can do.

Xeno is fun but only having slimes is stupid. At least /tg/ had a whole new system for breeding different critters but I think it was supposed to be used by Botany anyway.

bots need work too

Requires RnD you dumb shit. Without it, can't do jack shit but RIPLEYs.

Implants cover more than genetics does, and as for xray, it does the exact same. As others have mentioned already, you're full of crap about the 'muh xray gives nightvision'.

Most all of that shit is incredibly useful and, given that literally every single round I see it being used, once more you prove yourself to be full of shit.

Most shit can use upgrades. Power, for sure can, as can chemistry. Hydro gets a huge boost from upgrades, especially with the somatoray. Genetics might not "need" it, but it sure as hell gets rid of the godawful grinding and waiting that comes up. Mining is probably the biggest boosted by it, as that ore goes straight to making some sweet mechs and the like. Most anything with machines capable of being upgraded can use upgrades. Makes everyone's life easier.

To be fair, most of the lot is just machines what are elsewhere nobody uses because without other complimenting machines they're sort of useless. Mostly, anyway. Couple others are really just copies of other things, but either better or actually buildable. Still, things like autocloner come to mind, the super/mspacman can make more than enough power when upgraded to sustain the entire station, and like you said the experimenter. There's also the whatsit balloon system thing what was on Hate.

Robotics, again, requires RnD to get those better shit, you fuckmongering krautmunch.

Borgs? Borgs are pretty good. They could use a little work on things here and there such as a way to pick up [but not use] items, a jetpack, some way to actually grab people as medibot to do shit like surgery, and so on.
Secbot really needs a way to search players, for instance.

bots! not borgs

You mean these?

Getting pretty sick of your shit, mate.

Night Vision Goggles:
/obj/item/clothing/glasses/night
name = "Night Vision Goggles"
desc = "You can totally see in the dark now!"
icon_state = "night"
item_state = "glasses"
origin_tech = "magnets=4"
darkness_view = 8
invis_view = SEE_INVISIBLE_MINIMUM

Species.dm:
H.see_in_dark = max(G.darkness_view, H.see_in_dark)

What this essentially means is that the "see in dark" variable in the mobs (how far in darkness they can see is changed by darkness_view (used by equipment) unless it's already greater. However, XRay code, posted previously, changes manually that value to something higher. There's absolutely nothing else on the night vision goggles that enables night vision that Xray doesn't have to being with.

What you have is a bug in your code that was fixed in Hatestation a few iteractions later after the point in which you guys ported the code. You can keep on being stubborn but unless you can come up with a reasonable explanation as to why Night Vision Goggles do give you night vision and XRay doesn't when they use the same code, I'm going to assume you're talking out of your ass and you have no idea how the code works to begin with.

this is the part that gets me every time

And by the way, you know what code runs when you die that gives you night vision and the ability to see through walls?
if(H.stat == DEAD)
H.sight |= (SEE_TURFS|SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS)
H.see_in_dark = 8
Precisely the same that runs when you get XRay. Unless Ghosts don't have night vision in the wonderfull Newstation, you can get fucked because it's the same code doing different things in different situations.
It's a bug. Eat a dick, admit it and patch that shit, stop making excuses.

What kind of bots? Like, medibots and stuff? Medibots work great. So do beepskies set up right.
Floorbots are useless garbage.

I just think that there should either be more kinds of bots or they should be more in-depth making them

Nobody asks for power upgrades. The Singularity Engine alone feeds the entire station. Doing solars is redundant or any other power source for that matter, but since the Engineers can have the Singularity, Solars, the Turbine, the Thermo, an AME and even a Matter Shard to produce power, all at the same power. there's no need for R&D.
The only thing R&D can upgrade in "Power" is making bigger and better SMES that are never made or necessary or Pacman's that eat fuel of sorts to work. And Engineering already has one.

R&D has a single gun that can help them but nobody ever bothers to make it. Trust me, professional botanist here. Pods only get bigger capacity for nutriment and water, but you have more trays and you don't need that many. Nobody ever upgrades botany at all.

By the time most Scientists have finished R&D, I'm halfway done with Genetics or close to finish. I've had a Bluespace RPED beam upgrade my machine the moment I'm making injectors with my final serum. There's plenty of time in Genetics with nothing else to do that there's no real need for those parts, it's just nice when it happens.

Mining already makes a crap load of ores without the upgrades. You only need it to make multiple mechs which happens never because people make one for themselves and call it a day. I make Ripleys and Odysseus for Mining and Medbay and feel stupid for that, since I'm the only one that bothers.
Upgrading the ORM is more usefull for uranium floors and plasma statues than making anything usefull.

Most anything with machines capable of being upgraded doesn't require those upgrades on the offchance that nobody bothers to upgrade them. This is standard /tg/ design and you're not getting away from it.
The Chef can have his microwave upgraded so it takes 2 seconds instead of 6 to cook shit. Does he need that? Is he gonna bother asking for it? Of course not.
Medbay can benefit from an upgraded cloning machine and sleepers or cryo. But does it need that, though? No. It makes synaptzine and dylovene in chemistry anyway and starts with enough cryoxadone to last the whole round.

Such us? Most of the game is coded so it doesn't rely on one single department because that's how coders back in /tg/ work. Every single machine that you can build already exists somewhere in the station working in acceptable conditions and no upgrade is mandatory at all. The cloner is already present in the Medbay and the automation process is barely necessary since you can back yourself up anyway with someone else nearby and corpse recovery is quite frequent.
The Experimentator that I said does nothing. It's shit, broken and barely fun. You have better odds with XenoArcheology.

You can pretend all you want that R&D is a very important part of the station but it's not and it is so by design. /tg/ made sure that everything in that department is incredibly optional so people aren't forced into playing that role and the most important thing you'll get out of it is guns that don't exist on the station because guns are all that /tg/ cares about.
So stop defending that shit, because that's just defending /tg/ coder practices. At least Genetics was coded by people that knew their math. Goons, but still.

But should something happen to the singu, power's dead. Fortunately we do have thermo now, but for a long while it was either singu or solars. Not to mention that thermo was [probably still is] glitchy as all fuck anyway. I don't think we have a turbine, or an AME otherwise.
Oh, and keep in mind, Koriath made solars get 'dirty' over time, so that wasn't much a reliable source on top of everything.
Upgrading the SMESs means that you have time for engineering to, say, order a crate of stuff for a brand new singu, fix solars, or what have you.

That's dumb.
If you ask for it, you get it every time. It isn't even a hard to make or expensive item. Just half the time there's no botanists around, so they're not going to make it until you ask for it.
Having bigger cap for water and nutriment means that you don't have to micromanage your crops as much, which is a rather huge boost.

Even halfway shortens the job by quite a lot, regardless. Still, consider asking RnD to upgrade earlier. No reason to wait for bluespace, after all.

Rookie tier.
More seriously, mechs are amazing for sec and other sections. Honestly, there's no reason on earth why you shouldn't have at least one Gygax. Also, Gygax > Durand

Upgraded cloning and sleepers are a huge boost. No idea why you would even consider suggesting otherwise. That shit cuts revive time to nearly nothing. Especially once you get an autocloner.

"Such as" literally all the machines that are elsewhere nobody uses because without complimenting machines they're sort of useless.
Say, for instance, hydrophonics and chemistry together. Or the autolathe where there's actual materials to feed it. Or really just about every machine what has cross whatnot into other departments for various knicknacks that nobody ever bothers with because it would require walking ot the other side of the station.

Nah.
As for corpse recovery, it is not frequent enough. You realize you are talking an instantaneous 100% chance of revival vs a 20% of being dragged to medbay immediately after being discovered and cloned, 30% chance of being found ages after you've been murdered and dragged into medbay to be cloned, 30% chance of being dragged into medbay ages after your death and then never getting cloned because medbay is either busy, too lasy, or dead, and of course a 20% chance of nobody ever finding your body.
And that's of course assuming you have one, and it isn't destroyed by whatever.
It's flatly idiotic.

I should add:
I hope you enjoy waiting a good 15 minutes just to play the game. All that time being dead, you could've just done RnD and avoided the whole lot. Even someone not used to the stuff, it would take just that after all.

There's Solars. And should something happen to Solar's, there's the Thermo. And the Turbine. And an AME and a Super Matter Shard.
What's hard to understand about this? Power is binary, you either have enough or you don't and any of the current availalbe power sources is more than enough to power the station, R&D is simply that irrelevant. For note, the closest thing as a worry we can have is a Power Sink that only has an effect with Solars. Nothing else.

After 45 fucking minutes! And could be cleaned with a single click on their PC! And would drop power gradually, not instantly! You can exagerate that change as much as you want but all it does is prove you never even bothered with solars back then. You probably never bothered with power to being with or you'd know that the Turbine was always available as was the AME and the Shard with the Thermo coming shortly after.

Upgrading the SMES means jackshit you dofus. They can fill for larger amounts and output larger amounts but they don't magically produce power out of nowhere, you still need sources. And in fact, upgraded SMES are a bitch because they either take forever to charge or have such massive input that the rest of the station goes dark until they finish charging. I've only seen SMES upgraded one time precisely because of this. You can't upgrade the Thermo, the Turbine, Solars, the AME or the Rad Collectors. Science cannot in any shape or way upgrade power production except by making Pacmans that eat plasma and are always shittier than any other alternanetive.

I can play that game too and I can tell you that every request for a floral somatoray was shotdown because the few people that bothered with R&D are busy upgrading Combat only like you to make their SMGs and aren't gonna bother with me. Or will even conserve the Uranium for Laser Cannons.
Stop talking about the game with such a fucking optimistic grin on your face because I'd very much like the scienstists to not be selfish pricks on average but that's not what happens. More cloners are upgraded inside their lab than in Medbay and more guns are made for them than distributed among the rest of the station.

Previously you made quite a bold statement that Officers run for lethal options at the drop of a hat. You can't be pessimist about just one department. If you're gonna assume there are shitters in the game, assume they can play any role, enough with the double standards.

On Low Pop maybe. Does Newstation even have more than 5 players now? Because on Medium or High Pop that's not the case. Especially since, as you said yourself, Sec is all shitcurity running for lethals. Why would you give them a mech? :^)

Oh for fuck's sake, if those are the best examples you can get, why bother posting?
Any botanist that needs upgrades to do his job is a shitty botanist and all the chems he can get are available to chemistry anyway. Chemistry doesn't need any upgrades, their battery is more than enough for the lube grenades and regenerates on it's own. They even have 2 machines for when the first one is charging.
The autolathe is staffed by a department that can order metal and glass crates for 10 cargo points each. If they need more materials, they will order them instead of hoping that maybe the scientists can stop making guns for themselves and give a hand.

TOP ARGUMENT!
You do realize that most autocloners are set up in R&D anyway for personal use, that being cloned without your gear sucks and that if there are autocloners, whatever killed you probably is handling it as well?
Or how you can fixate all you want in this point but it's yet another machine that's kinda nice when it has an upgrade, but it's not necessary?

You dumb fucking idiot. A cloner that wasn't upgraded was started by someone else that's gonna wait for you to finish cloning to get you out. He's gonna feed you some mannitol and you can even finish the process yourself by going inside the cryo pods without any more help. And neither of this needs an upgrade.
Your brain damage isn't even big enough that it prevents you from using radios or machines.

Which as far as I am aware are not on our station you dicksucker.
We had for a good long while only solars and singu. And solars had koriath 'make broken after a while' code. Means if you lost singu, you lost power, flatly.
But, once again, you prove yourself to having never played, so I am starting to wonder why I am even bothering replying.

At first you had to pop out the glass. Regardless, most folk don't leave out an alarm for SS13, so if they miss it, and power goes dead before they can get back to it, this could be an issue. Especially when solars tend not to make power very quickly, leaving you with a lot of off-and-on flickering for a while.

Jesus fuck, man.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with using lethals when nonlethals don't work. Stop being such a shitter.

As called what?
On our stations, 20 players is highpop.
Ten is more average, and you can easily hand out mechs there.
Also, once again, nothing wrong with using lethals when nonlethals don't work. Stop being a shitter.

If you aren't a shitter, it does. When you are actually making chemicals for folk, making a decent bit for emergancies, and a few more complicated recipes, it matters a ton you fuck.

People don't use backup disks ever. Plain and simple.
You do realize that most autocloners are set up outside of RnD, right?
Oh, wait, that's right, you don't actually play, as has already been discussed.
Whatever killed you in the first place would be handling your gear without autocloner. Are you really this retarded?
You know where you died, and where your shit is, and so you get someone to help you go get it back, assuming it is somewhere you can't get to, or you just go and get it if it is where you can.
Absolute worst case, you just go get some more shit. It ain't that big a deal. ID's the hardest to replace.
How's this worse than waiting for ages to be found, if you even manage to ever be?

Once again you prove yourself to have never played.
Cloner takes forever unupgraded. Nobody sits and waits for that. You are straight up lying through your teeth now

Oh, also:
Yes it is you newfag shitter.

Secborgs can already search people, and you can always drag people or objects around instead of picking them up.

I believe they can strip people, which isn't really the same. Can't empty a bag

I'm pretty sure you can empty a container onto the ground if you click and drag the container onto the ground

We've had turbine forever, but it doesn't do shit for power. Thermo isn't glitchy at fucking all, you just have no clue how to set it up. SMES upgrades are fucking useless, though, unlike cloner and cryo upgrades which are a godsend. Also, the chemsynth definitely can use an upgrade.

I think you can, and you can look inside bags as well as far as I recall.

Telescience is -Fair and Balanced- (TM).

It is, since you need intense autism to take the time to setup the death chamber and calibrate the thing, then look up coordinates on an off-game map and cross-check against a target's position using visual cues, then hope the target doesn't move while you're inputing the coordinates, just so you can get to them.

And if there's any AI available, they can see this happening or find the death chamber easily enough.

Maybe GPSs should have an automapping mode, that displays a map like with crew monitors, except it begins empty and fills up based on where the gps has been? Then you could zoom and click anywhere on the GPS map to get the correct coordinates, or teleport coordinates.

Oh? I could've sworn that didn't work any more. But then I haven't tried in a bit.
It still leaves the trouble of all the shit is just lying on the floor, of course. Still, better than nothing. Certainly secbots need a way to actually confiscate items.

I suggest a flying packs/ space packs for mechs much like in gundam

I'd suck dick for a full sized leo

Literally just teleport a bomb into the core.

Drag em away :^)

Niggers can have their "Le tumblr skelly war xD" but when it comes down to actual aliens it's a no?

Just use the telescience calculator, It's retard proof and you'll never have to worry about being teleported to the middle of nowhere.

VOX WHEN
Skeleton meme was shit, though.
As was, for that matter, most anything Koriath added on the lines of memery. Never forget the buttbot ruining.

When people started to use races as a way to be le speshul snowflake xDDD everyone started hating every single one, specially skeletons.

Skeleton wasn't even the guy that added skeletons though.

I mean Koriath

Thanks user

When is server pop going to recover from Gitguds dumbfuckery?

probably after a couple of months
or never

Try New. Was regularly getting some population at least. Levels of prior-to-gitgud-change-code lot, anyway, which were still horrible due to other shit.

I was talking about New.
It's like ~5 people tops.

y'all niggas need to set something up where we all play at a specified time

Sometimes it's 10-11 players but it's pretty rare. The population dwindled after the first few days for some reason.

Oh well, makes it easy to experiment and find bugs for merege to fix.

You need to get extra crystals, and an upgrade, for that as I recall. And you of course have to make the bomb without AI realising, although I guess it's not too hard if you get C4 from uplink. Still, everyone will realize that the AI is mysteriously gone without a trace.

the issue newstation is having is the lac of lowpop antags traitors and lings get really boring after awhile

kay

Didn't the game mode requirements get adjusted back in September?

I've not seen shit

Has anyone made a decent guide for newstation xenoarch? I know someone was doing it very well and got banned for being a retard with the death crystal shenanigans but the guy also uncovered other neat stuff like a hovercraft and stuff.

GO HOME FURRY GURL

It's pretty easy.

>Calculate depth to dig by using anomaly depth - clearance + 2

There's also minor digsites you can find around by looking for cracked rocks and pinging asteroid walls which can contain minor shit like uranium forks and other garbage but you'll only get big artifacts by zeroing in on them with the saraspova device.

Newstation viro is just fucked.

Much better than hatestation's tbh fam

Looks like it still has the adjusted numbers to me. I would guess there's just not enough people who have more than ling and traitor enabled.

Only an extra crystal actually, you can just dissasemble the teleporter from the teleporter room next to EVA.
Fill a monkey with black powder then light him up, you have xenobio access.
And no one can know who did it unless you fug up

rip bee york

Watching some of this guy's videos, he is horrifyingly unrobust.
I mean, seriously, jesus fuck guy.
Got wrecked by a CE armed with a baton with three of his mates armed with shotguns. CE didn't even hardsuit.

OK, that is pretty OP then. Perhaps there should be such a thing as a "teleport shield generator" which requires power to work and prevents teleportation in a radius around it, covering AI core, armory and vault by default.

Xenobio takes time and effort to get the right slimecore, and getting the timing right to teleport the core without it blowing early requires good ability. I think this much is fair.

As for using the chem dispenser in xeno to make black powder, filling a monkey with it and lighting him up, I don't know if there's any issue involved there (I've actually never seen anyone use black powder whatsoever).

I disagree, since there would have been no trace and the AI wouldn't have notified anyone before dying, but we all know what the average crew's reasoning ability is :^)

Liberty station has that already

Believe it or not, monkeybombs are extreme robust, if you're good it's fast and untraceable

That's becoming pretty common now.
From here on either one of two things happen

Not true. The bhangmeter will indicate where the explosion was if anyone bothered to check. But explosions are just daily business on SS13 so noone even bothers to check in with the AI.

Sounds like a lot of fun to play with. Can the principle also be applied for other types of monkey bombs? Say, turning monkeys into one-time emergency tricord fog dispensers.

Cool! Less work for the programmers to implement this on our servers then.

Yes, you can use and abuse of the monkey's body 999u capacity, you could make everything from regular bombs to a insta-blind flashbomb or the loudest sonic bomb ever made, sky is the limit

That had mostly to do with the famous Krock Patches.
Lots of people wasting Chemist slots just so they could use Krock and become a Skeleton. Then the joke got old, so they went ahead and force applied patches of Krock in other people forcing them to become Skeletons or replacing the patches in front of Medbay with Krock ones.

There was also the problem that Skeletons were essentially space-proof spessmen with little to no disadvantage. So they had to get a rework and made more vulnerable with a few disadvantages.

The inclusion of choosing your own race in the character creation menu just meant you no longer had to take a chemist slot just to be a skeleton or Xeno just to be a slime. And a lot of other races that were almost never seen could also appear more often, like Zombie, Shadowpeople, Lizard, Greyyliens and Jellypeople (not slime, jelly).
The idea was to test those races and see how different parts of the game worked together. It's because of that change that liggers got their unique biology and the Shadowpeople showed that there was an issue with night vision that got fixed.

Also a neat side effect was that, since skeletons could be picked at round start, they lost the novelty and memetic value they add and went back to something people pick for fun sometimes, like they were supposed to.

There were some pretty nice rounds with Greyyliens shitposting in their Hivemind, a few cool Shadow Bartenders and a candle-lit bar and liggers to chase around.

They enabled roundstart races for halloween actually.

Check this out:

another thing I've wanted to try is equip a bunch of monkeys with nitrogylcerin-smoke nade in one hand, and CFl3 nade in the other.
Remote signaller pops the smoke nades, they load up on nitro in an enclosed space, second frequency pops the CFl3 nade, set off like 6 monkeybombs at the same time.
You could circumvent all that tomfoolery by loading up batches up monkeys with enough nitro to account for chem metabolism and just manually ignite them for staggered explosions or still do the CFl3 nades

Bodybombs are my fucking jam

And then Koriath decided to enable them permanently after that.
He did it one day when he was mad with something and didn't give a fuck anymore and just wanted to see what would happen
But he often does shit that doesn't make much sense until he tells you what was the real reasoning behind it
In that case, he wanted to test how those races would work as crew menbers, which is why he added Greyliens and Shadowpeople as regular crew that /tg/ doesn't have

Low energy

i never used pools
i wasnt playing when they were all the rage and just kind of forgot them
i have no idea how they work. no bully.

experiment with them when you get the chance, they're horribly OP

Pools make reactions inside of them like oversized beakers, that's it.
The actual bug that might be mention is actually related to smoke.
Basically, you used Pools to make a smoke reaction with some chemicals and the smoke would replicate the chemicals used but also dump it's chemicals inside the pool, leading to infinite smoke. Unless you used blackpowder that exploded the pools anyway.

The bug was corrected after someone made a smoke grenade with sugar that "injected" everyone with 1000u of Sugar putting you to sleep forever, even if there was just 10u of Sugar in the grenade. Diabetus was one hell of a drug.

Current Hatecode has pools not producing smoke or not reacting with smoke, can't remenber. Also, Smoke doesn't duplicate chemicals forever anymore.

That was me.
Also, pools are so OP that I don't even need the smoke

WARNING: IMMINENT SALT
LONG RANGE SENSORS OVERLOAD

>Almost cremates him but I convince her to borg this will prove to be her downfall
It's as easy as watching a man get gunned down
It doesn't eat the Particle Accelerator so it just keeps growing
The job was simple I imagine

That was a 10/10 round with 10/10 deception
CEborg was a fucking bro and everyone else played their roles well enough for me to win four hours later

I think new station needs some more admins since the one isn't on all the time

Oh i forgot to mention how I began the round by flooding Plasma and Carps into the Holodeck.
Somehow the CE was very suspicious, God bless him for that

captain here 10/10
got me good

You were a pretty good captain. Your biggest mistake was giving me new laws. It completely absolved me of any crimes

U N R O B U S T
N
R
O
B
U
S
T

Cigars have fuckall capacity and randomly inject minute amounts every few seconds. Viruses inject something like 30u at once and maintain this level whereas cigar can only inject up to something like 0.15u. Pipes have a large or even infinite injection capacity but require something dried to refill every so often and still requires ridiculous amounts injected before they even remotely compare. Also, both will stop working after just a few minutes.

Cigars have 50u capacity or so, it's not that small. And the slow injection rate is actually it's best part.
You don't need more than 0.4u in your blood for a drug to have it's effect, having it slowly dispense just means it lasts far longer than it normally should.
You can even keep a syringe and a beaker with your mix and re-inject the cigarette in your mouth to prevent it from going out.

Viruses don't inject 30u at all, otherwise some of the drugs they use would lead to Overdose. They maintain a base amount of it in your body that's never very high because that's enough for a drug to have effect.
Otherwise you could shoot a syringe gun at someone with the Stimulant Syndrome and give him a heart attack.

The cap is minuscule. And since it never injects in a way that reaches 0.4u in your blood, guess what that means with regard to effectiveness? Just injecting yourself with a high non-addicting dose will last a fuckload longer than injecting a cigar to max capacity. It doesn't even last 2 minutes from full cap to empty, and the drug only last the instant it's injected into the bloodstream.
Viruses do in fact inject 30u. For some viruses, the amount right after a tick is about 36u. As I recall, dexalin is 22u or so, hyperzine is 15u or so. Coffee probably 20u or so.

You can't extract drugs in a bloodstream added by a virus. Injecting someone with your blood after you got a virus' chemicals in you doesn't seem to grant them any of the chemicals.

fresh bread