Rise of Nations

Is Rise of Nations HD good?

Speaking as someone who's never played the game before.

I like it but i only played against the ai

That's only slightly helpful. I want to know if it's fun to play against other humans.

Bump.

Never tried HD online but used to play it in multiplayer back in the day. Could be pretty fun and epic when you got into Cold War sort of style gameplay where nobody wanted to use nukes for fear of destroying the world.

Still I once decided to perform EXTERMINATUS on the Earth when someone dared to fire nukes, firing over 50 nukes in the space of one minute. Everyone lost but boy it was fun as fuck

If you haven't played Rise of Nations, then you should. It's extremely fun to play and you'll sink in a lot of hours doing so.

Here's comparison for graphics.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Rise of Nations like how the game is mostly about techracing and not much about unit control.

I played with friends.

It was gay during end game unless you stop the tech age to be WW2. The reason was, the last age, brought with it some shit research that pretty much turned you or any other player in an unstoppable power.

Isn't that Empire Earth II's age ups? Or Empire Earth I?

If people are techracing they don't have an army which means they can be wiped out pretty much before the Medieval Age.

It's the only RTS I know that gives you:

Rise of Nations is fucking hilarious on a LAN. Alliances are made and broken in the matter of minutes, people are constantly exchanging trash talk, and if you play longer than thirty minutes, it inevitably ends in global thermonuclear warfare. If you've got friends, I'd totes get the Extended Edition on Steam when it's on sale.

arent those maps tiny as hell? or is there a grand scale map?

I think we played on a medium map. IIRC, it'd take about two or three minutes for a ship to travel from one end to the other.

might be the extended edition added content of bigger maps

What is the difference between this and the original?

Shinny new textures, multiplayer that should work, workshop, and some Deep♂Dark♂Fantasys

Wh-, Whut?

The reddit club is next door buddy.

They didn't ruin gameplay or the AI like people usually do with remakes? I would be glad if it would be just graphic updates, but I wonder if they removed things from the original one. Or maybe it's just a texture mod, right?

I love the game but they did fuck up quite a few of the graphical and sound aspects from the original.

Is it still locked at 30fps?

No, but that doesn't necessarily help the game.