New Atelier Sophie trailer is out

New Atelier Sophie trailer is out.

PC version when?

Do the new atelier games let you switch to jap voice acting? I only ever played the first Iris game and am thinking about getting into the series with PS2 emulation, buying a used PS3 for this and other games, and then finally playing current games on my Bloodborne Box.

just a little longer, user.

Yes. The only one that doesn't have the jap voices is the PS3 version of Ayesha (the Vita port does have them).

Cool beans. I get the feeling most English VA will be increasingly cringy as I get closer to the newer titles.

Cool. I hope the Vita version gets a physical release.

Sort of. The dub work in Ayesha is actually really good.

IMPREGNATE

RORONA

NIKKI

ANNA

Welcome to Atelier.

not going to happen

Not even a Limited Edition?

CHIMU

Hopefully soon. Probably never. ;_;

The only LE coming westward is for the PS4

More comfy music incoming

I think it's been shown weebshit does well on PC. We're all loser weebs, so god dammit Japan, just port it already!

IMPREGNATE?

too impreglate

NORN?

I want to fug totori. And bully meruru.

I would give it a shot but I'm not sure if I start with the Iris games or just go straight to the PS3/Vita games. Besides the games being broken down into seperate series I'm not sure what one offers compared to the others.

I am also curious which is the best game to start with

Go straight to PS3. You can skip Vanilla Rorona, and if you don't want to give NISA money skip until Ayesha. (or you know pirate Rorona +)
If you have a vita the plus versions have more content… but horrible fucking frame rate. Shally hits single digits with alarming frequency
The PS2 ones are basically just JRPGs with minimal crafting
the PSX ones are only if you know nip
and the DS ones had some bugs

oh right and rorona+ is a flat upgrade to vanilla rorona in every way, it's also the only one the US got on PS3. But >NISA.

Rorona Plus was not published by NISA.

i wish i saved the slightly incorrect but still useful infographic. The arland+ games are where you want to start no question.

its a fantastically comfy series, like eternal sonata dialed to 11. with yuri.

iris is good if you like jrpgs. 3 isn't that great, but I had a blast with 1 and 2.

Would I be missing much by not getting the plus games? It seems only Rorona has one on PS3. Also there are PSP editions I could emulate but posts suggest handhelds are not preferable due to shit framerate but that's on Vita.

meruru is basically what the + rereleases play like but totori has a few problems pre rerelease.

yeah it uses their translation though.

You're not giving them money for it. Besides, their translation of the Arland games was fine other than Esty's name change.

Old Atelier games MIGHT be portes someday.

Every time I watch an English dub trailer to some JRPG it's the same shitty VA shitting all over it. Every single time I have to turn it off as soon as she opens her mouth. Or maybe they all just sound the same, fucking hell.

WITH ALL DUE HASTE