Path of Exile

Didn't see one in the catalog, and saw a thread last week. Got a new card recently so I can finally play it again.

Rolling Templar as usual, I hate the other classes

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1560079
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-0gV-J35TKJBLOiAOw4hXtmVIx2njwpT7cxZp760hZvJKrjajbpHRSvjXy7PQ8GOa-nxPbEFXKp9zJ82YBWT31RYPMG-6o=
poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAQN1BAcEswYOCfYLYQxfEFgRDxEtFCAVUBZvF1QY1xkuGj4abBvxHKcdFB8CIoEkqicvJ-0pLiqNLJwyNDbYNuk6WDrYPC09_EWdRtdJG0wtU1JTpVXGVkpXDVcpWGNYd18EXz9mVGhlaPJxhXIPdhF8g3y4fq9-x4IHgpuDX4PMg9uFe4dljM-NGY48kFWRK5Rvmjua4J2unqGiAKcIrJitja9sr42vm7FCtz7AZsT2xq7G2M9-0iHUfNWm2L3ZX9lh3YzgEuFz42rkIuTs5Yvr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8i_yQfMR85v2SPnb-tL-Cg==
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663440
poeplanner.com/
poe.rivsoft.net/
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best way to get chaos resist?
This build
Doesn't seem to have any on the passives, but it doesn't use but like 90 points, so I guess I should just fill in some of my own with chaos resist.
How much should I get from my gear? ATM it's like 20%.

When it gets spooky, I summon skeletons to accompany me.

Devs are jews, all updates are just new hats, new skills are just reskinned old ones, balance is fucked, droprates are fucked, devs cant even fix bugs that was in game forever, their solution to everything is "upgrade pc, move closer to servers, pay for premium features that fix problems".

Is summon skeletons ever useful?

Chaos is something you typically never focus on getting resistance to, 90% of life based builds are gonna have negative chaos res by cruel.

However if you build with es in mind you can pick up chaos inoculation on the tree which makes it so you have 1 life but are 100% immune to chaos damage, as well as grants access to 3 really efficient energy shield nodes.

pretty much just vaal skellies unless you build around them

boring

Is it true you can fish now?
Is it fun?

Poor, piss poor, rip-off of Diablo II.

even if you keep the gems at level 1, get a skeleton + spell totem combo.

drop the totem and it summons skeletons, for cannon fodder purposes. one of the best defenses in the game, giving the enemies more targets to whack at means they spend less time whacking at you

Playing a full pierce Voltaxic Rift (cause muh meta)
Just 6 linked it now to the hardest part get a pool of maps going

I really want to test the new skills that they announced I want to know if a cast on crit biuld with them is viable

Feels adequate, I guess.

My tree more or less looks like poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d2LjEqYzGaUXMBmPAXvfJ_fmjuCm-0gV-J35TKJBLOiAOw4hXtmVIx2njwpT7cxZp760hZvJKrjajbpHRSvjXy7PQ8GOa-nxPbEFXKp9zJ82YBWT31RYPMG-6o=

Bump for ded game

Does it still desynch like a motherfucker

No. They added a lockstep mode which removes all desync. You just need okay enough connection to use it.

This game never fails to remind me that there's always someone doing it better than you are. I love it.

I don't know why that quoted.

Does trap/mine damage get reflected?

no, "trapped" and "mined" spells are considered being cast by the trap or the mine entity and not you therefore you do not take reflect damage

BV builds are the only builds that actually have non-shit killspeed and survivability untwinked.

PoE is shit.

you get it on gear obviously, and if you're up at the templar starting area and going life based you can pick up the life and chaos res nodes there
but it's a bitch to balance your gear to reach 135% fire, cold and lightning res while also trying to get 135% chaos res
if you want to stay above elemental weakness that's another 30% resistance you'll want to have on gear your gear

Xatu moderate you shit

Is acrobatics worth?

If you are have 20-40 exalts.

How to get exalts

Kill shit

Which shit
Should I be leveling on maps at level 68?

Act 3 is cancer.

The Perandus event made me want to quit because even on normal they're some of the most retarded packs I've seen. I almost pulled my hair out when they were places in with some bullshit uniques.

Even when you kill them in time, the Perandus chest rewards just suck dick like the game's itemization and loot drops.

Huh? I thought you just keep killing the horde of mobs until they fizz and the unseal the chest

Really? I thought you had to kill them within a time limit. Either way, they're still too aggravating to deal with, and it doesn't help the fat bastard that takes your event coins doesn't give you anything decent most of the time.

No clue, never reached maps because I can't bring myself to enjoy standard most of the time

Perandus chests on normal are rarely ever worth seeking out and it's usually only the coins you want unless you managed to stumble across a few of the uncommon ones. Think of them as already opened white strongboxes.

Luring the Perandus mobs far enough away from their chest will stop them from being brought back to life. So if they give you trouble, you can just lure a bunch and kill them, then deal with the rest in a smaller pack, as far as I can understand they tend to come back to life until you kill a certain number or if there are none left to respawn. If you come across the Perandus uniques then usually you just have to kill them and that will despawn the rest. But yeah, the chests are cancer, especially when multiple are close together so your framerate is essentially zero.

I like the Witch and Ranger, and I want to play the Templar with some people (Might try Scion when I get her). What do you guys recommend for the following (I'm using the skill tree someone linked in the old thread for my current Necro build):

-AoE spam Ranger with arrows
-Group-play Templar

How lulzy (note: bad) would it be if I want to make a medieval version of Robocop with a Scion (tanky chick that uses a Bow)?

i made this video for anyone with no time and money, build is OP as fuck, maybe a bit low on hp but got me to 73 on HC, the build part starts at like 5 minutes and most of the items are selfound

you can farm the ebony barracks all day everyday until you find enough gemcutter promise to change for a q20 gem, those sell for 1 ex most of the time

Of all thew possible times this motherfucker had to drop midway the two week raceā€¦ I aint rerolling shit

You should be using a spell dagger, how you can move around so slowly without killing yourself is beyond me, seriously, replace that wand with a dagger with wb-faster attacks-fortify and you'll never look back.

Do mines trigger reflect damage on you, or do they take it since they're the caster?

Can't you just wait for it to move to standard league?
>tfw the base damage seems "okay" to me, even though its probably really good
>tfw I'd never know whether to put lots of individual skills or one good skill on it

Mines take the reflect damage, as
said.
Which is not an issue unless you're using fire nova mines and don't have clever construction, which you should always have if you're playing a mine build.

you also cant curse on hit or gain power charges on crit with the mines

why would I do that to myself
actually this one got the lowest possible "increased physical damage" rol
I just wanted to play a CoC Discharger

Meh.

this game is so bad nobody is seeding the torrent.

bump

What's better to build around, puncture or viper strike or caustic arrow? So far I'm level 20 and have most of my points into +chaos/+dots

I like the AOE of CA, but I don't think it will scale very well later

I can't tell if this game is supposed to make me hate it or love it. Maybe it's because my stupid ass went with a Summoning Witch (it's getting better as I'm picking up the minion boosts and Vaal Skeletons, but some places/acts like Lord's Labrynth and Act 3 are just dreadful to play through regardless to the class).

Do I get better pets to replace shitty zombies and skeletons? I'm at 36 right now.

Because it's a free to play.

I've seen some people run some silly Summon Raging Spirits builds, you could give that a try. Spell echo, faster casting, minion buff gems, and suddenly there's a swarm of headbutting lost souls nipping at everything in sight.

I think Caustic Arrow will scale the best out of those 3, and you won't have to be up close like you have to with Viper Strike and Puncture is single target unless you're melee

I hope you have minion life and fortify linked to your zombies aswell as picked up some minion life regeneration and you're running a vitality aura
zombies are your meatshields and they do decent enough damage when you have 7 or 8 of them with melee splash to cleave shit down
spectres is usually what you link to deal damage, but you could stick your zombies in a 6-link and have them linked to minion life, minion damage, melee splash, melee physical damage and fortify
summoners doesn't start to feel right untill you get to level 60 usually

So basically find/make a piece of gear that can add tanky stuff to my zombies, and damage stuff to my spectres? What about skeletons if I want to try something with them?

Zombies are getting a lil better with the current auras I'm using. I just have Res and Def auras right now, but I'll look for vitality/life regen aura skills.

This one sounds neat. Might try it,

Blink/arrow summoner is funnest summoner.

Personally I wouldnt focus too much on skeles, just link em with a totem and let em do their thing.
Also get vaal summon skeletons. I think it's pretty cheap. Great to save your ass in a tough spot.

I save Vaal Skeles for big packs. They're nice to have. Which Totem is good for skele spam?

you need gem sockets
the life regen aura is called Vitality, I don't remember if witches get to buy them from the vendor or not
for gear you're pretty much screwed, there isn't much that give zombies an edge outside the +2 to minion spells you can get on helmets but that limits you to only running minion life, melee splash and fortify linked to your zombies
skellies are only good for being a meatshield that dies in one hit, and like said you just link them to spell totem and blind in a 3 link like your wand or your shield and be done with it
vaal summon skelletons is good for the same reason skellie totem is good, it gives you more meatshields but they die rather fast

GUILD NEVER EVER

WHAT

I don't remember being that awesome, did they do something

fuggg

Seriously, look at all this +20q shit

Cyclone is just..bad. Like really bad. You're stuck in the animation until you finish spinning, it butchers your movement speed in the first place, god help you if you spin into tar, frozen ground, or temporal chains, you'll be in the animation forever. There are builds for it, but after trying a couple myself I just found it lacking.

Item quantity gems don't even drop anymore. Nice relic you have there. I'm holding onto a nifty eternal orb myself.

Yeah but I have fifteen fucking gems with 20% quality on them for Lightning Tendrils / Arc build. I don't

i was thinkgen of 2h axe earthquake which should be easy to swap to

You find some crazy shit playing this game, man. I've been at this game for a couple years on and off and hadn't seen an exalted orb drop until this 2wk league. 2 within 24 hours and then a Whispering Ice later on. You don't? I don't.

Earthquake by itself is fun. Don't be a dumbass and stick multistrike on it though.

Oh, by the way, are there any other disabled skill gems? Since Vendoring is a thing now, I was going to clear my stash pages

that's strange, you must be using it WRONG because it was THE BEST melee skill in the game for the longest time
stuck in animation you say, cyclone short distances
REALY short distances, before they "fixed" it you could have retarded attackspeed by holding down the button while holding the mouse pointer under your character just slightly off to the direction you wanted to go and then stacking movementspeed
it's still one of the best melee skills and will probably allways be that way untill they change it to a channeled skill

are you telling me i can hit the ground and explode three times
THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN

nah it doesn't work

Also here's a silly twink legacy item I have.
It works by punching

Item quantity is actually the only discontinued gem in the game. But for the fact that you can buy nearly every gem in the game from vendors now (after quests), you might as well just start cleaning house. Save Empower, Enlighten, and Enhance though. drop only. same for white gems.

Well there's nothing stopping you from using it for melee splash, but the mechanic is that only one earthquake can be active at a time, so until it explodes, you're just swinging for nothing. Try less duration.

does vaal haste help, if anything what could i replace it with

attackspeed only helps up to a point and vaal haste isn't needed at all
you want the reduced duration gem for the 20% more damage and the shorter delay before the eruption, so that you can leapslam away and then EQ the ground and have another fissure be placed so you can leapslam away etc

There was a 8ch guildā€¦ it's dead, I'm the only one in the 2 week race, unless everyone is in some stupid time zone I may start a guild come the new patch if there's people interested

Anybody here who knows

Would it work if I made a build that utilized all 3 different elements, I'd have 200% damage from skill tree on all 3 elements and then I spec for avatar of fire and dual wield consuming darks.
Do i get the bonus damage from those elements or does only bonus fire damage work ?

Here's my Avatar of Fire skill tree.
The build utilizes two consuming darks to turn avatar of fire's fire damage into chaos and 6 linked spell with iron will that I havent yet decided.
I tried to get as much as strength, elemental damage and health from the skill tree.

poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAQN1BAcEswYOCfYLYQxfEFgRDxEtFCAVUBZvF1QY1xkuGj4abBvxHKcdFB8CIoEkqicvJ-0pLiqNLJwyNDbYNuk6WDrYPC09_EWdRtdJG0wtU1JTpVXGVkpXDVcpWGNYd18EXz9mVGhlaPJxhXIPdhF8g3y4fq9-x4IHgpuDX4PMg9uFe4dljM-NGY48kFWRK5Rvmjua4J2unqGiAKcIrJitja9sr42vm7FCtz7AZsT2xq7G2M9-0iHUfNWm2L3ZX9lh3YzgEuFz42rkIuTs5Yvr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8i_yQfMR85v2SPnb-tL-Cg==

Would this work at all?

*150% damage on each element from skill tree
forgot to edit the text there

You can't deal non fire damage with AoF, even if it gets converted.

I'ma just dump em

well fuckā€¦

What, you can't do something like "50% of cold damage converted to fire" ?

the keystone says "deal no non-fire"

pretty much every other conversion in the game works but avatar is just a pos

Yeah but I thought that using conversions would help offset some of the prevented damage

umm what?

If you did 100 cold damage, it would get fucked by AOF, so I thought if you did 100 damage and converted 30%, you'd then have 30 fire damge which gets multiplied higher

Okay so, I rolled a Shadow lightning crit again (because of all the +q gems I have)

Thinking Arc or Lightning Tendrils or Spark. I heard spark is silly with duration and piercing, (maybe on a totem for reflect packs?)

Questions:

arc isnt too bad, you can actually control it
spark is unpredictable and can get you killed against reflect and such

you go for both, crit chance and damage, no reason to crit without crit damage except the status ailment
you need both cast speed AND elemental damage. You get enough cast speed from echo and faster casting so you really dont need any cast speed nodes from skill tree
for a caster, ES is the best choice
Hybrid ONLY if you are able to afford 6 link shavronne's, and I highly doubt that.
You can always try 6 linked solaris lorica for budget choice but rest of your gear must be top notch.
When thinking about between life and HP, where you'd normally have around 5k HP, you'd have 10k es.
The thing with HP, is that it's cheaper, and has less trouble with status ailments and stun.
With ES your HP is 1, so every hit you take gives you a long ass status ailment and stuns you. The only thing they've made to compensate this is that ES users have 50% chance to not get stunned, so its pure rng.

I am not 100% sure but i believe ES users also have more trouble on labyrinth and it's traps, feels like ES takes more damage from the traps than health users.

But yeah. Don't go hybrid if you have no way to negate chaos damage, and always remember that even when you have solaris lorica OR shavronne, it doesnt stop chaos damage completely. It still hits it to your ES.

Should I ever identify maps?

to stop you from dying, yes

what purpose do these serve to people

Anyways, I grabbed the 12% FCR for the Shadow on his starting path, instead of the 30% elemental damage. I went right, grabbing crit chance, and now I'm heading along the fast lane towards witch, to grab her crit stuff. Is it worth grabbing the lightning skill from her early group of it? (as well as the +16% spell damage)

I like Lightning Warp totems

They can clear pretty much any mapmod without difficulties.

It was more a question of how it survives/does damage, the one I saw wasn't losing any ES at all. Do you just drop them on packs?

Chieftain ascendancy, makes your totems immune to fire damage. Including RF.

That's fuckin smart. And the ES burns hotter than HP, doesn't it. Might try that next league.

It's a good, solid build. Just don't expect massive clearspeeds, it's quite slow.

If you want to get an assload of life as your other defense, yes, it's very good. If you don't, then you're gonna die.

Any of these worth jack?

quill rain is the only useful one, but if the item level's under 50, its useless because you cant 6 socket it, well you can, but it costs hundreds of jewellers

the rest are trash

i got u fam

Twyzel's still good for leveling a phys wander with kinetic blast

I see.
Some of these are advertised with a price of an exalted or more, but some like 20 prismatics.
Why?
What do you think it's worth?

HAHA TIME FOR DESYNC

check the block chance. 31% is the new shit, 36% is the legacy stuff.

github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases

doing shit damage, clearing slow as hell even with an optimal build, and being as boring as a combined cautistic arrow and totem build put together.

Jesus, is there anything that doesn't have a legacy version? Everything seems to have been nerfed one or more times.

Wrong. With CI status ailments check your pre-CI life for duration, but without life nodes or gear it's still a long-ass duration. If it really used 1 hp, your stuns, shocks, and freezes would last into next year. Fun fact: The change from 8% life nodes to 5% with higher hp gains from levelups actually helped CI builds a bit. Usually CI builds invest in Eye of Chayula (stun immunity) and Dream Fragments (freeze immunity) but you could avoid Dream Fragments with Windscream boots or Thawing flasks.

do notables like Arcing Blows work with unarmed? I'm trying to cook up a goofy unarmed build. I suppose fists wouldn't be considered weapons..

Bump from 13

Probably not. If you have LLD unlocked, you can make a fresh level 28 to test that?

Bump from 11

RIP ded thred ded game

I hope people like you die a painful death

If your going unarmed it's important to start as marauder or duelist. They have the best base unarmed damage.

You can get crits with one of the unique talismans from the tali league

If going non crit I recommend stacking attack speed.

My attack speed cyclone duelist was really good

fuck
my lvl 7 witch died because I forgot the game to play on background
rip
yes, I did say seven

I'd be doing this in the brand new league coming up, no access to talismans..except of course, Rigwald's Curse with this new divination card.

And it was actually going to be an experimental build utilizing Doryani's Fist, Elemental Hit CoC with a couple lightning spells, combined with Orb of Storms.

your experiment sounds pretty crappy
I dont see the synergy

Stack attack speed, Elemental Hit has the lightning tag so it triggers Orb of Storm's bolt, and the other two (possibly three) lightning spells would too whenever the CoC procs. With a high enough attack speed I flood everything with bolts. I have ideas, ok?

Sounds interesting
I recently did a Righteous fire CoC build using the always crit hammer

Basically i use cyclone to trigger some fire and cold spells and use the pyre ring to convert cold to fire.

The build is super powerful but I have not been playing much PoE lately. Just kinda burnt out on it atm

Level 7 is like 10 minutes at most.
I've had level 60 R I P

Hardcore mode is 2 hardcore

60 ain't shit, it only starts mattering once you're past 80.

Anyone want this on normal league?
ilvl 73

I doubt anyone will want garbage low tier uniques. You can just buy those for like 1alch.

If you want to do that, make a dualwield wand duelist. Go Champion for the perma-fortify and bonus damage or go Gladiator for the raw carnage.

well that spoiled my brainstorming. Cest la vie.

If you want to do that just go Hierophant Templar, use Ritual of Awakening to get 3 or more SRS totems, and kill everything.

I got a Vaults of Atziri
Should I sell it (seems to go for an exalt orb), or use it?
If the latter, should I get it to 20% quality? Anything else I should do with it?

Wildstrike would be better, with coc you want to land as many hits as you can as fast as you can. It still sounds terrible though, Orb of Storms is only good for generating power charges with pcoc, I tried to deal damage with it with super high attack speed on another lightning skill and it was terrible, let alone with something with 1.3 base like unarmed.
Doryani's Fist is only remotely usable with cast on melee kill, a Rigwald's Curse would still be necessary though.

If it really goes for that price sell it in an instant, also, quality does nothing for vaults because that only applies to mobs, not chests and jars and shit.

You can't use wild strike unarmed. Cyclone, DB, Elemental Hit, Frenzy, Ice Crash, Infernal Blow, and Shield Charge. those are my choices, and only one of those contains the lightning keyword necessary to trigger orb of storms. I also only have (for the time being, unless they give unarmed more love), either Facebreaker or Doryani's in order to add damage to unarmed. Facebreaker only adds physical damage. The crit multiplier is nice, but it's not what i'm after. In fact, I wouldn't be using a multiplier at all, but rather going for Elemental Overload. Doryani's adds flat lightning damage to a spell, and at it's highest roll, would be 200-240 extra damage onto each bolt of Orb of Storms. I couldn't give less of a shit how much EH's pathetic slap does, what matters to me is first stacking as much flat damage as I can onto each bolt, along with all the +% elemental damage i'll be picking up along the way, Breath of Lightning, Heart of Thunder, etc. With a four link setup like i'm currently running for CoC Blast Rain + Cascade / Bladefall, it would be CoC Elemental Hit + Storm Call..and hell, Shock Nova for the already high chance to shock monsters for extra damage. That's a 50% damage boost right there, before penetration. At 5 links, I would say Controlled Destruction, at 6, maybe something goofy like Innervate. 6 is a pipe dream though. The revelation that Rigwalds will be returning actually screwed up my whole dynamic when I found out about it, because now I have to reverse the whole tree I had made up and consider shit I could do with the claw bonuses.

Actually, addendum, I would put Melee Splash on instead of CD.

Oh, right, forgot about that, but if you didn't okan on using that Rigwald's amulet how were you planning on critting? assassin + crit chance gem?
if you're critting often enough for CoC, Ele Overload is a complete waste. Orb of Storms not only has shitty base damage, but also shitty damage effectiveness, that, combined with unarmed base attack speed would do very little damage, just drop ele hit at the very least, and use cyclone or at least ice crash.
Storm Call requires less duration to be slightly less shit, use arc instead, and for a 5link use lightning pen, and for a 6 link ele focus, I would drop one of the 2 spells and use both supports though.

actuallu scratch ele focus, shocking is better, if you ever use a 6l use added lightning.

Assassin was going to be the ascendancy choice, yes. I was following and modifying the same tree I followed for the build I named, and as far as I could tell, it merely took diverting a few node clusters the other way or omitting some entirely that weren't relevant. I don't even need a CC gem at the moment with all the chance nodes I grab currently (along with some bizzare use of Lioneye's Fall to turn some staff nodes near the top into bow nodes), ice golem, etc and I wind up at about 70% chance at 7 power charges, basically 100% if I elect to use a diamond flask, along with over 400% multiplier. And yes, I do note that the charge time on storm call is pretty garbo, but, I do hope you remember that it also sets off any other markers around it when it finally strikes, so 1.5s is a little easier to swallow if I drop a huge amount on a target and they all call down at once.

But, lets go with your setup. You're suggesting CoC Cyclone + Arc?

mid post edit

I was going to say, the shock debuff is really painful to lose. ALD does make more sense. I really wish I could make Innervate considerable over other options but I suppose higher numbers are better.

This doesn't even touch the other things I would need to consider like my equipment. Doryani's is as I said my staple, but I was also thinking Vessel of Vinktar at least, but what else would contribute? My amulet slot may or may not be taken up by Rigwald's, though.

You would need t1 accuracy on both rings, an ice golem, and some acc nodes on tree, the ones near templar are good if you're near the area, you supposedly need 4k acc rating in red maps, but aim for 2.5k since you can't have flat acc on gloves and maybe not in amulet either.

What the fuck am I doing wrong
the early game is a fucking bore that I end up dying before getting to the fun part of using actual builds
It's monotonous grind of the same fucking areas over and over and over again with the same exact build until you hit certain level and respec your shit for the build you're going for.
It's World of Warcraft tier of bullshit. All the fun content is locked behind +lvl 70 Why cant they just come up with something different for a change. Something like Diablo 3 style rifts for low level players or something. I've repeated this process for hundreds of times and it's really starting to gnaw me.

Also, how the fuck is every second character weaker and taking more damage with exact same loadout as the previous one, capped resists, all possible hp/es nodes and decent amount of eva/armor. I dont fucking understand
I leveled a Marauder to like lvl 50 with the most basic items possible, if I recall correctly, I didnt swap a single piece of gear except my weapon after hitting lvl 20. My resists were around 40, I took all hp nodes, some melee damage and that's it. I never had any problems with any mobs, never did I ever drop below 75% hp
Then I start leveling my Witch from scratch. I take all possible ES nodes nearby and extend my skilltree to the Templar side for some armor+es nodes and spell damage and eventually totem nodes. I upgraded my gear constantly and had capped resists at lvl 30. I used Spark with Reverb wand and orb of storms. I died at lvl 40 to a fucking perandus pack. The damage I took was just fucking out of this world.
I had like 450 hp and around +400 ES. The ES was drained INSTANTLY whenever few mobs hit me, the HP lasted good amount of time but when those 20 perandus mobs shot their fucking bladefalls, blast rains and twisters, I was down in an instant.

How is this even possible? Why do the caster classes, witch, scion and shadow feel so fucking fragile throughout the whole game no matter how much you invest in defences?
Is ES really that fucking shitty? I know that in late game you can stack it up to nearly 15k, and health max like 8-9k without legacy kaom but ES always feels like that you take double the damage from every source.

I've ripped so many Witches and Shadows in this game, and barely ever died with Duelist or Marauder.

What the fuck is going on?

more than 200% ?

"STOP USING HATESPEECH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

I couldn't help but piss myself in laughter.
When did it go to shit? when did they start introducing this SJW tier bullshit?
I could've actually understood if it was just "Please don't incite violence or being overly offensive", but "NO HATE SPEECH"?
This shit is madness.

I shitpost global on a daily basis and get muted around 2-4 times a day when being obviously sarcastic
it's pretty normal nowadays
the people actually reporting you and the moderators are fucking pathetic, it's ridiculous

I've managed to get away with daily "Hitler did nothing wrong" posts, but the moment it comes to:
"Racism"(read: race realism)
Feminism
Autism
or anything of that nature, it's an almost instamute or warning.

es is awful early, you need to wait at the very least to 60 to transition, just level with life and respec with quest points later

global mods are fucking cucks, that has always been the case

I've only gotten once away with just warning

I called someone a "stupid fucking nigger" and afterwards explained how it originates from latin word "negro" and that it's perfectly normal term for a black person and it shouldnt be offensive but with how nowadays society is, every word is turned into something negative.
Would've otherwise been over 4 hours mute.

Clearly because you suck balls at getting defenses as a witch. You probably had more hp as a mara and armor behind it too.

Me, I play witches because they are indestructible fortresses of energy shield. Witches are the class that sits on over 20k ES with CI while everyone else has maybe 5K hp.

That's because SJW shit appeals to mods. You generally don't become a mod without wanting to censor undesirables out of the public.

what good attack skill to use with claws?

not for long

Just got a 250mb Update.
Is it happening?

>Added the Prophecy Supporter Pack.

>Fixed a bug where Devouring Totem would leech one hundred times more life than it indicated.

>Fixed two instance crashes.

kinda

D:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663440

brown waifu league
get your very own voodoo monkey

here we go.

I want to believe.

Hahahaha, 2.3.0. when

Better backup your data, that SSD looks like it's gonna croak.

i dont put any data on my ssd

So, with the knowledge that now you can have 8 possible ascendancy points, I realize that it's possible to get both Avatar of Onslaught and Avatar of Frenzy with the Raider class.

We are going to see some REAL shit when people start breaking into the 4th lab.

I thought the official devs released an offline version of the tree. Sometimes even before patches drop.

did they fix the godawful performance when ascendancy came out?

Well if you put too much shit on the screen it still lags, but the desync has disappeared ever since switchimg to lockstep.

Talk about power creep, let see if they up monster life and damage again

when was the last time?

Other than the nerf for chaos-related shit, this seems pretty neat.

How about Pathfinder instead?

So have you decided on your builds for Prophecy yet?

I was thinking of ele BV.

Dagger Axe crit Assassin with Lacerate and Sunder.

Why bother with poor man's reave?

Single target with concentrated effect. Sunder is for the packs.

Most likely a Static Strike or Earthquake maxblock Inquisitor for the HC league.

Eh, probably some sort of spectre summoner now that perandus packs are gone, other than that it could be that new frost bolt skill, animated weapons, dominating blow, I don't know, I'm waiting for patch notes.

why do people think that voltaxic is the problem and it needs to be nerfed? its just chaos scaling and acendacy classes that are op

I might skip on the season, but I'll still make a new Witch or two depending on what her new skills will be, and what they're going to do with Necromancer. Perandus was really awful, and I got a feeling I won't enjoy the rng from Prophecy.

I guess it's pointless to ask about MF builds with the upcoming season, but are there any fun mf Witch builds out there that don't suck?

then why are the chaos skills are considered good but not op? I haven't seen anything about some crazy strong ED/Contagion or abyssal cry build, the conversion and double dipping is the problem, you can just do regular voltaxic or voltaspark and ignore mods on maps, clear fast as fuck because you can stack as much damage as you want without being afraid of reflect, and ignore elemental resistances. Ascendancy classes did have a hand in this, though.

Not going to lie: I really like the Prophecy cosmetics because the robes would make the Witch evil-looking (the cash needs more evil-looking wizard clothes).

Converting damage to chaos allows you to:
That second thing is broken as fuck since you basically have a free pass on scaling damage.
The main downside is not being able to inflict a status ailment properly, but guess what Voltaxic does :^).

guess what elementalist does

shock chance doesn't even matter anyways when you one shot mobs, its just that scaling chaos is too easy nowadays from the x% more damage gems and easy %life leech from the passive tree makes chaos a superior damage type. nerfing one item isn't going to solve this problem

I agree there are other mechanics that need to be reviewed (Including ascendancies), the double dipping in poison/projectile for example is stupid, because it follows a quadratic growth.

They are going to nerf chaos conversion in all items, this includes Voltaxic. It's not easy to scale chaos damage if it isn't converted, like said.
Conversion to chaos is OP because elemental skills usually have high damage and also tons of nodes and sources available to increase elemental damage.

You can easily cruise to 60 with just a granite flask for defense with any class/skill. Pick up a Basalt if you're worried.

Because everyone at the top of the ladder runs Voltaxic and it lets them get away with any map mods.

I fucking hope Lacerate isn't a name lock skill, worst thing about Frost Blades.

So this has the old surgeon's mod with guaranteed crit, and it stacks up high on armor. Worth anything?

Spell Totem.

I'd join an 8ch guild during Prophecy. I'm sure there will be some fun things to do

I'm thinking of rolling an ele bow deadeye with death's opus for +2 proj

Similar to my experience with Perandus. Playing with a friend, in one week we find 2 legit 6-links, 3 tabulas, and manage to fuse a 6-link belly. Before then, I didn't have a single 6-link drop.

If you really want to dodge reflect, buy a voltaxic. It's probably getting nerfed out in Prophecy, so it's only a standard build now.

poeplanner.com/
poe.rivsoft.net/

I'm stoked. Now all I need is a +1 frenzy darkrays and ammie.

Ele bow build with extra proj without LMP/GMP or a duelist of some kind. It really depends on what they nerf/buff in the ascendancy classes.

Elementalist chaos VMS?

Elementalist with those fat ignites plus shocks and ele prolif is just stupid powerful. My math wasn't quite right, but on my build the ignite did somewhere between 5 and 15 times the damage of the initial hit over 4 seconds.

If the roll is 90% plus, it's worth at least an exalt. If not, it's probably still worth plenty of chaos.

Eh, 74% so its a lower roll.
I'll keep it for later

blade vortex with legacy surgeon's flasks pretty much means permanent flasks.

One thing I just was thinking about. With 8 ascendancy points, there are four ascendancy classes I'm really looking at.

Slayer (though it's getting changed) would be insane with both 20% overkill damage as leech with leech doesn't get removed at full life.

Ascendant (duh)

Guardian, because of the combo of unwavering faith, bastion of hope, and prayer of glory.

Occultist, because you get 1 extra curse in addition to the insane ES regen. This one is likely the most broken of them all if it stays unpatched.

It will be hard to get those last two ascendancy points. I wouldn't plan a build around it.

Even so, the ascendant version would respec a bunch of points if it manages to finish the fourth lab. Since you get 24 respec points from leveling you can do things like grab unwavering stance in marauder area as a bow or spell character, as well as some point efficient life and armour.

Finally maxed my elemental resistances, chaos is still shit though (base 24%), but that will increase a little once I finish my passives.
I have 7440 dps at level 78, and somehow I am supposed to get 380k tooltip dps with chaos conversion and some better weapons.
Not sure if that's going to happen, but I think I need to look for a better necklace.

You don't need chaos res, most sources of chaos damage are over time, which you can just step out of, unless you're hybrid and low on life, don't bother, what's your build? tooltip dps tells us very little if we don't know the skill.

Either a Deadeye who uses Tornado Shot or a Champion tank with a shield and Mind over Matter.

Also it's 100k, I must be thinking of something different.
I just got the (non-legacy) dagger mentioned, and it does seem to improve my damage output significantly beyond the 500~ dps boost it gave. Time to save up for a second one, and then for a 6link chest with bonus damage. I guess I should do chaos bonus, right? Since it would be on top of spell and fire damage already?
Also, what's the most effective way to get exalts as far as trading goes?
Currently it seems to me 6 sockets>vender for 7 jewel orbs>trade for chaos>trade for exalt
Each chaos is 6-8 jewels, so taking 7 as an average that's 60 six slots per exalt, ignoring chaos and jewel drops you would surely get in that time.

Oh, and another thing
For this build, would resetting my fire gem to level 1 quality 20% be worth it? Ignition chance doesn't seem to be a big deal.

oh, it's you, I remember you from last thread.
Well, never trade jews directly for chaos, you should have vorici in your hideout and buy 20 fusings for 64 jews from him, then either sell the fusings directly for exs when you have enough, or get chaos, I prefer having fusings though. Also do the chaos recipe, always pick up jewelry with ilevel60+, and keep a stockpile of ilevel60+ armor and weapons enough to trade 5 chaos orb recipes in one time, be sure to do the recipe unidentified, though.
Vendor your gems with quality below 10 for GCPs, if you don't plan on selling them or using them yourself, you can vendor all your quality gems, then trade the gcps for chaos.

Rule of thumb:
That being said the smart move here is to level up two of your main skill so you can reset one while still using the other one. Or also just buy a cheap ass 15%-18% gem and throw some GCPs at it.

Don't bother, you can't even ignite when you convert all your fire damage to chaos, and even if you could it's generally better to invest in crit instead of status ailment chance.

Am I mistaken or is this for 3 orbs?

unid gives 2 orbs per full set, while id gives 1.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipes

Then why did he say 5?

You can go up to 3c per recipe, if all the items are 20% quality and unidentified, but that's rarely worth the effort.
He was probably talking about keeping a stockpile of at least five per recipe items, but as long as you grab all rings and amulets above the mentioned ilvl, you'll be fine. Everything else is easy to come by

Right.
Also holy shit this takes up space. I cleared out an entire inventory tab I had full of skill gems for some reason, and it's already full. Also rings have seemed to stop dropping for me.
I have essentially a full tab for currency, aforementioned loot tab, a tab for maps/cards, and a tab for uniques.
Fucking jews, I hate limited inventory space.

Now that you say that:
I like the game and all, but we can't just ignore the elephant in the room.

Yes, it's an actual issue, but you can always clear the shit gear you have laying around. Particularly those 1c uniques that you will never use or sell, the non rare div cards, like those stupid carrion crow cards and 1/8 of a chaos orb, your white maps, you should trade up all of your maps for the next tier, up until like tier 8 because tier 7s mostly have either shit layouts or scary bosses.

More tabs help a lot, but even if you do massive amounts of trading you can make do with eight or so tabs, everything above is just luxury. Letting go of everything worth less than a fuse or so helps a lot, that stuff usually wastes more time than it nets you currency anyway.
Which is not to say that upgrading some premium tabs and adding a currency one hasn't helped reduce a LOT of inventory tetris for me

For the chaos recipe one tab really should be enough. Just grab rings and amulets, maybe belts until you have a nice pile, and then grab everything else off the next map you run. They'll always be the limiting factor, no point in having 20 armors/gloves/boots just sitting around wasting space

You do need >75 ilvl rings to turn rares into chaos orbs though
Would low level maps or ash lake farming be better for that? Maps get rarity/quantity bonuses.

I prefer keeping a stockpile of full sets to trade them all in at the same time, saves more time in my opinion, even though it takes up more space.

And regals are generally worth less than chaos at the moment. As long as at least ONE of the items is ilvl 74 or below you'll get c anyway though

No, you need 60+ for chaos, 75+ are for regals, which I believe right now are cheaper than chaos, so don't bother with 75+ recipe, just map normally and pick up jewelry, you'll eventually find shit, don't try to "magic find" without actual magic find gear, just clear whichever maps you can clear comfortably and fast, dont bother full clearing but try not to leave packs alive, speed is key, speed is your best magic find boost.

I put the wrong symbol. I meant

You can just gather 75+ items, go into dried lake and pick up whatever 60-74 rare helm or whatever you drop, enough so all of your recipes have at least 1

What am I doing wrong?

That looked like a hat to me.
I feel silly now

So I vaal'd this into Supported by +1 AoE gem

Apparently I broke it because I didn't 5L it first and it's a shitty item now etc etc, but honestly? At that level, 4L is more than enough to carry me until I hit 60, to use the new higher level variant that actually could be 5L or 6L, if not a new weapon all together.

Thinking of making a Glacial Hammer build with melee splash, increased AOE, and the Pyre unique ring, since frozen (aka crits) with hammer are going to end up killing shit at below 30% HP. I assume bosses can't be frozen solid, though. Do you know if damage conversion for "+elemental% damage" applies twice?

This. The limiting part of the recipe is definitely the jewellery and the other rare pieces can be easily grabbed on command by running a map or two.

Hats are always 2x2. You should feel silly

try to use 2 1h weapons that only use up 3 inventory slots each, saves space.

you bricked an unlinked legacy searing touch? oh well, not like it was much different.
Oh you can't freeze if you're not dealing cold damage, which you won't be if you're using a pyre, most bosses can be frozen, and the majority of the ones that cannot be frozen are in Atziri maps. But freeze duration is based on % of life dealt as damage, and needs to reach a certain threshold before freezing at all. And no, +%ele only applies once regardless of conversions, except in the case of burning, where it applies again.

lost my lvl 76 saboteur today
feelsbad man ;_;

Exchange rates, goyim

Best trade is jew orbs. 7/1 to sell 9/1 to buy. Best number is trading in 200+ per trade. But with new currency tabs my jew business probably would die. But who cares, game is dead.

Oh right, shit

Does it interact with stun at all? I know it works in a similar way. Maybe some kind of ice/stun build.

I thought the wiki said that bonuses to damage apply twice, if it matches the previous and current element. Like if you dealt 100 physical and had 100% fire conversion, and a 15% boost to fire damage, it would do 100*15*15 = 132.50 damage?

I've had worse corruptions

I don't know how it works with stun, I think the animation is paused while frozen, and then the target is stunned when it unfreezes, or the durations might take place at the same time, I don't know.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

Considering the fact that being frozen prevents the blocking animation from taking place, while being chilled only slows it, I am guessing you wouldn't unfreeze into a stun animation.

So if they are nerfing all forms of chaos conversion, will they make a shitton of legacy and double legacy items, or actually nerf items that exist already?

they'll give everyone 100% chaos resistance and call it a day

No legacy confirmed.

Bump

Other than item quantity, was there ever a legacy skillgem? I thought that all balanced changes applied to gems regardless of age