Civ is now a mobile game

jfmsu family

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/289070/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It reminds me of the way civilization revolution for consoles looked.

babby civ

Is there freemium shit in it?

can you play as the giant crabs in the water?

You mean Civ 6? I haven't heard anything to suggest it's on mobile platforms. Seems to be getting released on PC for 80 Canadabucks.
Or do you mean that it looks like one?

Holy shit!

That's because it's a mobile exclusive sequel to Civ Rev

This is Civ6

store.steampowered.com/app/289070/

what in the flying FUCK.

CANT WAKE UP

oh jesus fucking christ WHY

Did this shit just happen today?

Civ.. The only Franchise that looks progressively worse as technology advances.

I mean first they totally fuck up Xcom 2 (the start of the game was good, but towards the end its damn awful). They don't support it properly, no patches, just put out shit after shit DLC.

I mean no.. Fuck this, I'm not falling for this. I pirated Xcom 2 because I didn't trust them with that. I was right to doubt them. Firaxis is Kill.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY.

I don't know what you'd expect of Civ after the pitiful excuse for a strategy game that V was.

The research system sounds better in that you can research more relative things faster, if you have a quarry you get building research faster, if you live near the sea you get sailing research faster.

The cities are now multi tile which I'm not really sure of

Either way Beyond Earth was a joke so I'm probably going to avoid this.

Oh god, now I'm dreading what the leader scenes look like.

It reminds me of Civ IV and it looks better than Civ III.

Fuck Civ III with an iron stick.

It has always been a shit game series. It is boring beyond belief. The only reason its popularity makes sense to me is because I have such a low estimation of the common man.

another ip being ruined by modern day video game devs, that have no idea what they are doing, its incredible how every year a game is ruined and the normalfags just eat it up like its the best thing since sliced bread.

Invalid criticism. Civ V was optimized for tablets previously.

Yes.

What's wrong? Now you can play on the go.

i like it

The unique leader ai and terrain being a factor in research is a nice change of pace.

But ill pick up the game when it officially releases on humble bundle for $10 with all 3 DLCs

I think it looks nice. I'm more interested in how badly they'll fuck up the mechanics this time and how many dlc they'll take to fix it this time.
Still looks nice though.

I wasn't even aware Civ VI was going to be a thing and I'm already disappointed.

Also
Haha
NO.

Good thing Civ IV BTS and Fall From Heaven 2 are still utterly perfect.

On the bright side, so far it looks like cities are going to be multiple tiles, and wonders might also be tiles, allowing you for big-hueg cities or small towns. Also says that research can develop better based on your surroundings (Boat tech is faster near coasts etc), which might be neat.

1upt is still fucking awful.

No Cavemen to Cosmos?

It disagreed with me the last time I tried to install it. I really should give it another go. It seems interested.

Civ 6: We Wuz Kings n Sheeiit DLC

It's 2UPT.

A mind blowing new feature.

I wonder how long until they give in and just let you stack.

WE

Another pic

Isn't that Settlers or Age of Empires Online or something?

no its civ 6

But I can see the berry bushes and gold mines.

user, really now?

This looks like warcraft 3 with a shitty filter on it.

isn't it the the same as the one used in pic related?

it's Adagio in D, it's been used in so much shit I won't dare count it.

the thing is is that the trailer makes it seem like it's super serious and gonna be awesome

and then we get a cartoon that looks like it's rendered in unity.

are people still salty that the best game in the series is console exclusive? why dont you just emulate the DS version if you are so uninformed?

While I agree it is a pretty good game in its own right, it has to compete with Civ's 2 through 4, and if we count Beyond Earth, we also have to count Alpha Centauri.

It's good but not the best, that honour goes to 2.

How can a tank be yandere?
Tanks don't have feelings.

i have tried to get into 2 - 4, but my first game was revolution so ive been casualized already. how do i get into those games? do i need friends? also why don't people ever include 1 in these? i have tried it and every other game except 4 too and i had the most fun with it outside revolution

Civ 6 has a "new engine" :^)

I think your the one right now showing a distinct lack of feelings for disregarding the genuine love felt between a tank and its driver.

1 suffers from the 'so old' problem.
I don't know, the best way to start playing is to go on the low difficulties and learn how the games are meant to be played before pushing the difficulty up. I mean, in Civ's 4 you have to play one of two distinct styles and learn what units are good against what and how to position your stack so you don't get rolled.

All that being said, the genre might just not be for you. Sometimes it can be pretty involved for micromanagement and that's not for everyone.

What love? It's a hunk of steel and motors.

You underage graphicfags need to kill yourselves

So ypu are gonna tell me my waifu aint real next?

but user, the graphical style is so uninspired and unoriginal that it is genuinely difficult to differentiate this game from civ Online

IVE GOT INTO MORE INACCESSIBLE GENRES, I MAY BE A CASUAL IN REGARD TO THIS SERIES AND GENRE IN GENERAL ACTUALLY BUT IM NO FUCKING CASUAL BUB ILL SHOW YOU ALL. TONIGHT I LEARN MASTER OF MAGIC, TOMORROW MASTER OF ORION, THE NEXT DAY MASTER OF CIVILIZATIONS AND I WILL FUCK YOUR STUPID SHIT UP 1V8

Tell me user
What could they have done to make the graphical style 'original'? Only silhouettes? Cel-shading? 'Realistic' graphics? Because this looks to me like a fucking dumb argument.

Is your waifu a tank?
Because if so: "she's" real, "she" just doesn't feel any love for you.

I think a better description would be generic mobile game style instead of unoriginal. Regardless it does not look attractive.

Man, people these days would call Warcraft 3 'mobile game style' if it came out today. Sometimes a brighter coloured and simpler graphic allows for an easier way to identify what you're looking at using colours, patterns and sizes that you don't get in other styles.

I would have been happy if they just made beyond earth a good fucking game, that had a unique style. Sandworms and shit? I could have created my fucking Arrakas if I valued the game enough to mod/edit it.

Compared to the other *online iterations of popular games, I didn't mind it. You could actually access all the content with enough playing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the system requirements are gonna be somehow more demanding than Civ V.

phones nowadays are more powerful than computers were a few years ago.

I don't have a problem with this.

Autists sperging about a stylistic choice, of course.

It'll probably have one of the new cards as the minimum and require 50+ GB

and with no option to use the simple map option

why do you spread lies? theres been nothing to indicate its a mobile game.

i want to impregnate her breasts

To be fair, stacking a gazillion units was kind of silly.

same

well yeah, all these companies have their hands down eachothers pants, save some money by not optimizing your game and strike a deal with nvidia, just gotta put an unskippable logo in the intro. win win for them.

The issue with 1UPT was that the AI couldn't do shit vs. even a mediocre player in terms of combat strategy. 2UPT isn't going to solve that.

I'm assuming Corps units are the bone they're throwing to people who prefer stacking but I honestly don't the combat system being much better than Civ V's overall.

And again, no fucking way I'm paying $70 USD for this shit.

So so. An army on one tile might seem silly, until you consider that cities only occupy one tile. Also, until the modern era, armies didn't typically form warlines, they just went around as an army, or a few smaller units.

It at least makes more sense than 1UPT.

How about they make it not run like dogshit? Civ 5 performs worse than games that have ten times the complexity, but no. Let's have the CPU sit there for five seconds to calculate 'lol I move my units back and forth between two tiles like I've done every turn for the past 100 turns.'

I prefer less cartooney shit, but if the gameplay is good i can overlook it.Civ5 AI was a mess, especially diplomacy.

racist

Basically a mainstream Endless Legend with simpler combat and no unit customization.

how come ghandi is associated with civilization?

Beyond Earth runs great and looks pretty good. It's a shame that the actual game wasn't very good at all, but my point is that you don't have to pick between a game that looks like shit and performs good and a game that looks good but performs like ass.

Also, the art direction doesn't necessarily have a direct impact on performance. Civ VI looks goofy as fuck for no good reason.

Pedophile street shitters are the essence of Indian civilization.

Don't forget to pre-order, goyim!

Only available on the Windows 10® Xbox Live® Windows Store®

this. and don't forget the space game they made

Civ 2 and SMAC are perfect, Civ IV is frankly rather terrible, liked Civ 3 more honestly.

TANKS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS

Literally every other civ game besides V used a "cartoony" style. What the fuck is the problem here? If the leader scenes look like shitty Dreamworks ripoffs I'll join the shitstorm but those 3 screenshots have nothing to be concerned about.

I don't care. I never played Civ for the cutting edge, realistic graphics. I mean, the textures in Civ 5 are ass and the people are taller than any man-made structure on Earth.
I'll wait until I know how it plays before I cry about it being different.

I won't mind the art too much, I'd play it. Not for 60 euros, of course, fuck that, but I'd play it.
But I've gotten a completely different problem here.

Alpha Centauri broke everything. It was perfect. The unit design. The factions. The wonders. The little movies. The text, god, the text. "For I have tasted the fruit" still lurks in my memory and seems strangely important, like something you'd say before destroying the world and such. It was bloody perfect.
And then Beyond Earth. I doubt that I have ever seen a lazier attempt at writing. I could almost say I was hurt about how little they cared.

So my main question is… If I will play new civ, will I feel like a Greek if I've chosen Greece? Or Mongolian? Because if they are putting this much effort in art, will the buildings be different?? The music and the surroundings? Will the policies actually make my country more or less totalitarian?

Fuck it, I think I just wanted to rant about a chess game not having a soul. Screw it all, I'm going to watch Alpha Centauri movies now.

STACKS

I was going to say that it has a mobile version for a while now, but is that by any chance Civ 6?

RIP

When did they announced anyway?

Yesterday. Hence the three to four threads in the catalog all losing their shit over the art style.

I really hope she has an amazing personality.

Yeah fuck this game; not even going to pirate

Civilization 3 was the same way in some regards. The wonder movies had effort put into them, the palace minigame. It had flavor. All the modern Firaxis games lack that. I wouldn't expect that to ever change.

hardeehar

Used to be fuckin Gamebryo, right? Maybe it is Unity this time :^)

They were impactful. They made a mark on history.

Please, they're showing only what pop culture considers worthy of freedom tears.

If that was the goal, they should have used pictures of the Holocaust. Wow, impact!

Not saying we have enough info to make this anything more than sperging, but look how close together the cities are in the pastel colored Wii U game lookin screenshot there.

Cities 2 tiles apart? Sounds like CivRev, looks like CivRev.

Machine spirits are no joke you uninitiated fleshbag!

does your waifu protect you from small arms fire?

There's no hope left for men.

>mfw civ 6
>mfw 60 euros

Machines don't have spirits

I don't have a waifu.

By the time of 40K, man is fucking dumb as bricks apparently.

I want it all back.

it wouldnt work if they were smart

Which is utterly shameful when you compare the amount of detail in V to this game. This shit looks like a fucking mobile game and the trailer seems uninspired while V had amazing introductions.

Poor king Liechtenstein

Semi related, but I'm still amazed that Sarkozy got a hot supermodel for a wife despite being approximately 3 feet tall.

Will you faggots fuck off with the whole Holla Forums worship shit.
White women fucking suck, they don't know how to clean, they don't know how anything related to housekeeping, they were raised at a young age told they were princesses and got everything they fucking wanted.
Now most of them are semi or hardcore feminists and the good ones are few and far between.
Meanwhile you have boofer gals who blacks don't even want to date that learn how to do everything from cleaning to deepthroating a dick for several hours.

I don't find it surprising at all. Money and power are the strongest aphrodisiacs known to woman.

congratulations to Liechtenstein.. A nation so small and meaningless that most people confuse them for Switzerland.

Can anyone point out Liechtenstein on a map?… NOPE. Because no one gives a shit. lol

(1)
You don't come here for the videogames do you?

I do, Do you know how many fucking times I've nuked that shithole of a country in Superpower 2 LOL. Its the absolute best.

Sims 4 new expansion pack looks too good.

thanks trudeu

Nah, the issue was it added a ton of tedium, and the tactical maneuvers didn't have any effect in the greater game. (Obviously, screwing them up would hurt you, but they didn't lead to interesting tradeoffs like "do I go in hard and take more territory before my allies can grab it, potentially leaving me vulnerable after we've finished this faggot off?" that weren't already there with doomstacks).

Even if doomstacks HAD to go for some reason, they could just make units fight worse when stacked (instead of effectively fighting better since it's always the strongest unit defending), meaning you'd want to spread out but still had the option of moving your guys to and from the battlefield in a stack. It might even make the tactical faggotry better since with good scouting you might be able to ambush the other guy and fuck his army up while it was stacked.

I'm pretty sure civ 3 was the only Civilization game without wonder movies (apart from Civ 1).
Even Alpha Centauri had Wonder movies.

Oh wait, Civ 5 didn't have movies either. Just a zooming out cheap picture.
Even Civ 1 pixelated stuff was better than that.

As for Civ 3, I remember that the expansion didn't even had "View City" because the devs said they had the resources to either make a good game or make it look good.
They made the right choice.

I guess they used that cash in Civ 4, with a 3d engine good enough that zooming in a city was equivalent of the old City View option. I wish you could do that in Civ 5.

The "Make your own Palace" was retarded and unpredictable but I still miss it.

I actually kinda like the art style.

I think he meant to type 2 because I don't remember 3 having a palace either.
Same. TBH I kind of missed it in SMAC as well.

Wow, so that country isn't perfect

Vanilla Civ 3 had a palace.
Can't remember if the expansions kept it.

That crab is gonna turn around and pinch her nips off

Seems like they are changing it to 2upt and if they make the maps big enough and allow easier control of large groups of units, they might actually get 2upt to actually work this time so you won't be spending 10 minutes trying to squeeze all your unit through.

seriously this was one of the best features civ5 had. could easily run this shit on my laptop with it.

unga bunga rock house

It was trash before, anyways.

I wont mind the cartoony visuals of the game as long as we get unique looking units, cities and such based on the individual civilizations.

That's one thing that's bugged me about Civ for awhile that I'm waiting for them to fix.

Hate it when I play Japan or something and, other than the Samurai special units, every unit looks like a generic european soldiers.

what's sad is when people actually can't tell the difference
fuck this im done
fuck civ 6
fuck gayben and videogames

If that your biggest problem with Civ then you are a faggot.

It's not my biggest problem, just one that I'm hopeful gets fixed.

Calm down.

did you even play civ 5?

I played it literally hours ago, as Japan, and they have among other things soldiers using kite shields, broadswords, crossbows, pikes and wear plate and chain armor that couldn't look more European.

Have YOU played Civ 5?

Liechtenstein is a principality actually.

So the monarch's title is "prince".

You forgot the Zeros user :^)

That's what the RED modpack is for.

Hes fucking royalty tho he has maids

I dropped Civ games after V and its jewy expacs but, try harder.

You underestimate the machine spirit, sir!
Plus, it hasn't stopped people before. Just look at /k/.

Most machines have spirits. That's why you failing to treat your gun right causes it to jam. You didn't respect the Machine Spirit.

No, they don't. It stems from the fact demons can posses sufficiently advanced AIs, what AdMech calls Machine Spirit is literally the onboard computers which range from fucking ABS and the "automatic" setting on airconditioner to Engine regulators and aim assist.

AdMech went full retard after Heresy.

Good luck with your sexual disease m8.

Thats what I thought, are those games so successful that civ vi had to copy them?

War3 had low poly look, you uncultured swine
that made it charming despite its shit coloring
this however falls into uncanny valley

Jesus fucking Christ.

This is just some sort of cruel joke, right?

What's the name of the newest Fall from Heaven version, again? Don't they change the name every couple of years?

b-but muh no doom stacks ;_;7

Yeah, and World of Warcraft kept the look
And World of Warcraft updated the graphics and kept the look

At least wait until some gameplay is revealed before you shit all over it you retards.

How shit will the optimization be? Civ BE was shit, and somehow I was amazed that something that looks like it was from a PS3 game like XCOM 2 managed to also optimize like shit with long loading screens.

I try to just stay the fuck away from subverted people.

That is disgusting and you should kill yourself.

I never knew an entire country could be so beta.

Ignoring the shitty new artstyle for a moment…

Do you think it'll be fun to play?

Some of the gameplay changes sound good to me, but obviously I have no idea how they are going to implement them and they could just make it terrible.

Yep

bull fucking crap
WoW even in vanilla days had higher poly count than War3
fucking kill yourself

It sounds more like they're trying to play catch up to Endless Legend.

Oh, shut up already.

I'm seeing here that every unit will have a nation-specific looks. I can forgive cartoonish graphics if it's actually true.
Also I'm not an autist and I think that hexes>squares for Civ

It's a bit more complected than that. Titans for example have borderline AI. Some of the other pieces of complex tech such as battleships, tanks and even drop pods can act semi autonomously as well. Then there are things like the Ark Mechanicus…

Who wants to bet that the lineup will be 75% female with Bismarck as DLC?

Is Fixaris the Bethesda of strategy games?

Not trying to start shit, but did you play 5?

Same with the Hellenic League for Greece. Athens literally defeated the Persians by gathering up all the disparate city states and then butt fucking them with the fleet they built from the tax revenue.

Assyria

The actual added mechanics were quite thoughtful, which is why I like 5, they had them in Beyond Earth and then ripped them out because they couldn't be fucked to balance them. I have little hope for 6. But I do excuse the lack of effort spent on text and movies in 5 because there was an effort to create flavourful gameplay in a (((game))).

No. They fucked up Civ5, they fucked up BE and they'll fuck up this shit.

90% dindus.

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

Actually that was one of very few good things about BE, it was optimized as fuck and ran much smoother and quicker than Civ 5.

They did.

I don't think it would have worked as well in SMAC, both because of the futuristic setting and because it wouldn't have fit in with the tone of the game.

Why do they even need another sequel? It feels like 5 only took away from 4. There's nothing they can possibly add.

Beyond earth made civ revolution look good by comparison. Shit's fucked.

Why these pigeons look like they bout to drop the most fire album of 2016?

I don't see the point of making a sequel after Civ II and Alpha Centauri. Civ III was just a dumbed down SMAC and Civ IV was first just a boring and barebones Civ III in 3D until they bloated it with crap in the expansions that made the game too messy. Civ II was pretty much perfect and SMAC was perfect.