Dark Souls 3

AR Calculator
trogg.net/DS3Calc/

Parry Table
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0

Neither of these are infallible, but they are useful nonetheless.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Ol4gX
youtu.be/lm4IOCkc5n0?t=231
steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119101543484/
support.bandainamcoent.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/507/458/dark-souls-iii---restrictions-and-warning-messages-what-do-they-mean.
reddit.com/r/SoulsSliders/comments/4g0gk2/ds3_jp_character_sliders/
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/611739528373561114
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunless Talisman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for shit game

Quality post.

Well that explains a lot.

Bad game, fam.

Zerk is 2 gud for this shit.

BAD NEWS ANONS

From Software has confirmed that poise is working fine, says it behaves differently from previous games in that it's situational.

In other words, hyper fucking armor is confirmed intentional.

archive.is/Ol4gX

A Bamco PR manager says poise is working as intended.

It probably is.

I have beaten this game 3 times.

I have no more interest in FromSoft games.

Bye.

Of course flipping the big "Flip in case of Poise Emergency" switch from on to off was intentional
Those fucks probably couldn't figure out how to balance everything, and didn't have enough time to rework the rest of the game after realizing it, so they just tweaked hyper armor to work slightly more than usual and called it a day

Man am I glad I didn't buy this shitfest.

This seems like the most plausible explanation, really. It fits with the From MO of programming, too.

Play through the Armored Core games.

HITBOXES

That isn't hitboxes, that's a shitton of latency. The phantom hitboxes on straight swords almost certainly doesn't help, but most of that is lag.

Try holding down the button for cycling trough hotbar items for quick estus.

For sure not a hitbox problem, netcode seems dodgy sometimes.

Also fuck how hard it is to punish halberds, still need to figure them out

Ded gaem.

There's no point in playing the game more than once.
Longswords, nopoise and shit magic basically mean only one kind of build is viable.

Which class would be the best for dark/chaos astora greatsword +4/5 at level 30-40 do you guys think?

How do I kill the nameless king?

Yet From fooled people into buying it again.
And my friends are all over this shit despite claiming to be "hardcore" Souls fans.

Just take the loss user.

Great day.

Invading in this game is fairly pointless. I haven't had reasonable fights while invading since Demon's Souls.

Fuck this shit.

Under what context is viable?

I've done runs with STR, an archer, a pyro, and even a faith build. They all got that job done. It does suck that sorcery is worthless though.

If you mean PVP, that has always been a shit show so it hardly matters outside of the massive increase in rape parties.

Yea well you can "get the job" done at SL1 and naked in PvE. But most builds aren't exactly fun to play since they feel piss weak.

I'm glad to see you guys still refuse to buy games that have any flaws (all of them)

user…

The lack of poise affects the entire game, and makes it basically worthless to wear heavy armor and makes using huge ass weapons a lot less effective than poking with some flippy dexfag weapon

It's not "small". It was a core feature of the game and it's complete garbage without it. Everything staggers you in one hit no matter what. It makes the game play like shit at all times. If the world wasnt cool I honestly never would have finished it because it felt so shitty the entire time.

I don't know. I still like 2handing Yhorm's greataxe and fighting people. I still wear Grundy's armor despite poise being turned off, and still kick people's asses. The only people I have problem against are spear guys.

I think people just need to git gud

So how do you make a character not look like shit in this game? I mean jesus.

No, Yhorm's is just one of the best heavy weapons (IMO the best). It will 2-3 shot most people and has a fuckload of hyperarmor. You don't need to be good and it's hitbox is fucking massive so people underestimate it.
Granted, people can just git gud, but animations can get dropped. While they have to roll through your attacks 20+ times and punish correctly to kill you, all you need to do is land 1 or 2 attack strings by just attacking when they're near you.

it's been confirmed that straightswords have literally better reach than lot of longer weapons like greatswords.

thank god, he turned the board into fucking trump-worshiping Holla Forums.
fucker even deleted by George Soros thread two weeks ago.

What was the point of the dark Firelink Shrine and the alternate Gundyr boss and all that? Just to get some bonus items?
Why is it there?
What does it mean?

Why do you tell these lies? I use mostly UGS and I know you lying.

UGS aren't greatswords

But Bastard sword and wolf knight sword are, along with BKS

yes and those have equal/less reach than straight swords.

Not from what I've seen, though the bastard sword is admittedly pathetic range wise, with BKS topping it out. Range feels inconsistent for me.

I tend to only use stuff that can't be parried lately, like Lothric greatsword.

fire keeper eyes unlock a different ending

Yeah right, that's a fucking lie.

I was thinking the same thing. I have yet to see a 2h Halberd be parried

He was hit by the shockwave.

Really though, sometimes I have to be right up on someone to hit them, others I wonder how I hit them, all with the same weapon. There's some serious fuckery with weapon range. I'd like to see more videos like this.

when both players are moving the lag will affect the hit detection but it shouldnt be the case here as both players are standing perfectly still.

straight swords were always insanely good in souls games, but this right here is total retardation. There is now no reason whatsoever to use greatswords ever again, especially if you're like me and play at high soul levels and fuck around with a stat at 99. With 40/40 strength/dex and 99 luck, a +5 Anri's straightsword has 526 attack rating. Wolf Knight's greatsword +5 has an AR of 523 and Black Knight sword +5 has a AR of 542. Dumb as fuck.

>usurping the fire while wearing Solaire's Set
It was like some really shitty fan fiction.

Final boss was pretty disappointing honestly; only died once trying to see if you could parry him, and I didn't even die to his ember'd form.

so, what is the profane flame?
this strange fire which only burns human flesh, never dies, and is connected to high int.

Man, this is gonna suck.

Do you have video from his side? Do you ever hit someone with your phantom range or game is unfair and only everyone else have it?

My guess is its remnants of the Chaos flame, which faded to the Profane flame after the death of Quelaag and Quelaan.

That's going to an extreme man. To get those numbers from a regular longsword I need 40/40/40/25 str, dex, int and fth and chaos infusion

I could probably get it higher, but I could also switch to Lothric greatsword and throw Refined on it for a whopping 650 AR.

but we already have encountered the faltering flame of chaos.
it bears nothing in common with the profane flame other then both being pyromancy.

Poor Gywndolin.

That poor faggot didn't deserve to go like that.

rip.

Outside of the restored pyromancies from the tomes? I must have missed something then, the only other thing I can think of are the three Chaos demons.

I really hope one of the DLCs expands on Izalith.

If the Profaned Flame isn't Chaos, what could it be?

Is it the same shit that took Eleum Loyce?

I want an exploration on that whole angel thing. That is the most interesting thing introduced in the game, and its barely mentioned.

Really I just want an cycle breaking ending that isn't exclusive to edgelords.

I want an explanation of what the hell the "Profaned Flame" is.

Its mentioned numerous times in both Irithyll and the Capital yet there is no indication of what it is, only that it is an undying flame.

I have a feeling Profaned Capital is the Izilith/6th Archstone of this game.

Also I think the Angels have something to do with the religion of Lothric.

THANKS PRISM STONES!

So what the fuck are Pilgrim Butterflies?
Where do they come from, where are they going, why does one control the Dragonslayer Armour?

Probably just a shitty attempt at combining the weird thing 4 kings had going with their stretched out legs because abyss and the moonlight butterfly without really putting any effort into it and thus ending up with bad looking wireframes.

Is that what happens to the pilgrims when they arrive?

its the wolf's blood for one, other then that the fact that the profane flame doesn't fade automatically distinguishes it from all others that do which are the flames of chaos, the first fire, and normal fire.

as for where lets think backwards since the flame was found under irithyll which was anor londo.

you forgot the part where it only consumes human flesh.

i need to look into the lothric faith more.

i thought those were the angels and that the time the armour fought for the pilgrim butterfly was long past.

Post some sliders. All I have is this:

Yep that another part that was interesting to me.

Perhaps its the flame that has resulted from years of burning humanity aka the Dark Soul to maintain the flame

Why is life so cruel?

And what's with the Berserk Souls crossposting? It's so disgusting. Then again, it makes sense. Both series cater to children that want to feel more mature than they are, and actually both do it with degenerate fetish pandering among other things.

>needing sliders
heh
i folded this guy in 5min

i named him Takeda Shingen

How do we fix parry?

You can basically parry everything, even two-handed R1's for ultra-great weapons. Why did From break their game with this shitty mechanic that was supposed to be a spam deterrent?

Im pretty sure you cant parry two handed r1's from great weapons just the running, backstep and rolling ones.

Also, when you have a try hard with the caestus parry spammer just dead angle them with a greatsword like a claymore, i find them to be the best for it and the most damaging through the partial, they will sit there getting damaged yet they just keep spamming parry.

Tbh they are just as shitty as the R1 faggots.

You can also punish parry spammers pretty good with a backstab, you dont even need to roll you can just circle around if they do it and you predict it.

youtu.be/lm4IOCkc5n0?t=231
According to this video evidence a two-handed great weapon was successfully parried.

They also show evidence that dead angle is no longer in the game.

Fuck you FromSoft, give me back my poise.

Make the Wolf ring do something. Fucking ANYTHING.

Did they ever specify exactly what poise was supposed to do? All I've heard is that they've said that it's different than previous games and working as intended but they've not said anything about how it's actually supposed to work.

It also seems very odd that they'd change it in such a noticeable way and still keep the old name of poise.

No official word.

My theory is that different weapons have "hyper armor" that can be more easily or more difficultly broken through depending on the poise stat.

To test the theory, we should find a weapon that seems to have a weaker "hyper armor" (I currently suspect Dark Sword to be a good testing candidate) and then slap on the Wolf's Ring and see if it's harder to break through it, then slap on armor and see some more.

Poise affects hyper armour in a slight way.

Having more poise doesn't actually give you more frames or anything, the only difference is having poise at all. So there is a difference between 0 poise and 1 poise. There is NO difference between 1 poise and 30. It's kinda retarded.

I learned my lesson the first time.

Fucked up the response.

How long do you think FS is going to take to fix all the broken/unusable things in this game?
Over one year like they did with DS1 and DS2 or longer than that because they are now too busy raking in the shekels to care?

every class starts with 2 slots

My game crashed on PS4 shortly after killing the Ancient Wyvern. That place is just buggy as fuck, isn't it?

I've got three Darkmoons summoned through concord so far and not a single sentinel inbetween them.

Don't know why they complain so much about not being summoned, maybe it just has to do with being overleveled or overgeared.

Maybe FromSoft deliberately disabled poise and that's how it's working as intended?

So there's an entire stat dedicated to wearing heavier armor that's basically useless due to diminishing reductions and poise not actually doing anything higher up? What the fuck is even going on?

Seriously though the Darkmoon summon locations are fucking retarded. It will put you a mile away from the action with the most enemies in between the two.

Makes it worse that you don't automatically get your ear unless you actually at least HIT the red. Unlike everyone else who gets their covenant reward for just 'showing up'. So much bullshit.

One slot. You get a second one at 14 Attunement.

I think it's the least tested area of the game. I ran into the glitch/bug where you invade after the host has passed through the final boss's fog wall in the area 3 times.

Another weird thing that happened to me there was that I summoned a mad phantom with a red soapstone and he somehow became a white soapstone mad phantom and helped me kill havel armor-wearing NPC

Archdragon peak needs to get patched ASAP because it's one of the last havens for people to co-op and invade.

I've been playing Blue Sentinels and Blades of the Darkmoon since I got the game 2 day after it came out and I have never been summoned as a blue phantom. I put on the way of the blue item and as soon as I got invaded in NG+, 2 phantoms can in to help me with the invader.

Maybe I have the worst luck but otherwise this covenant system is fucked when regarding the BotD, BS, and the Farron covenant because I never got summoned for them.
Just give the Blades of the darkmoon a way to invade Rosaria's fingers/Aldritch Faithful or make it so they can invade a world that is already being invaded by a red phantom.

Probably never. It's especially annoying since a lot of the areas are actually pretty good and well designed but fucking butchered due to abysmally bad enemy placement that results in frustration more than anything as you're forced to tackle 10 of the same enemy at once instead of a reasonable amount.

I think I've spent more time in the game avoiding combat and running past encounters than actually enjoying them. It just got so fucking tedious getting through an encounter only to have a new enemy pop in from behind a corner behind a corner and murder you in a retarded flail of arms. It also bothers me how sometimes after dying and returning to a location there will inexplicably be an additional enemy there sometimes that was not there previously.

Interesting that the R1 two handed can be parried.

Must be a small window because I have punished caestus faggots by just smashing them in the face with DragonSlayer Greatwaxe two handed.

Also, not the dead angling I was talking about, its the same name different technique, shame that the Dark Souls one Dead Angle is dead, it would be a way to balance Great shield faggots.

The dead angling Im talking about its pivoting your swinging before you hit the person basically say your opponent is facing south, you come in swinging but before you swing aim your attack to the east or west, its makes his parry attempt always come up partial because they aren't hitting the weapons sweet spot.

I can explain the inexplicable additional enemy. Their placement is super shitty and they fall through the ground/into other areas they aren't suppost to be. It's most noticable in the underground path when you're trying to rescue the miracle teacher.

That fucking parade of jailers in not-Latria. What a load of horseshit.

Mindflayers were terrifying because of of their stun power being complemented by the restrictive terrain you are forced to fight them in, and the sound of the bell being used to warn you of impending danger.

However, if you were able to git gud enough then you can avoid their various attacks just fine and fuck them up.

These Masked faggots almost accomplish the same thing, but then they fuck it up by making you fight too many at once and having virtually no way to avoid the crushing health loss except for "kill them quickly." I'm ok with multi-enemy encounters as a whole, but that place just takes it too sometimes.

Add on the no fucking poise and their attacks are basically an automatic death no matter what. You can actually survive getting skewered by Mind Flayers if your health isn't low.

takes it too far* sometimes

I haven't been there yet but I've heard of people saying they treated it like a stealth section and did a little better.

I suppose.

That's probably it. I noticed while trying to get some quick pale tongues that the darkwraith who fight the ghrus outside the abyss watchers boss fog occasionally behave strange and walk off in weird directions, get stuck on trees and rocks and other things, sometimes clip into things and vanish and other fucky shit.

Outside of the large room filled with dozens of the fuckers, I've found that running with a 2handler and beating them into pulp works wonders. However you'd wish you have healing miracles handy because this drains estus like mad.

There'll be a maybe a handful of patches and that'll be it. They won't do significant changes like enemy placement or reactivating poise for sure unless they're doing a Scholar of the Last Shekel edition again.

of course they are, they did it the last two times.

why doesn't the password remove itself every time you quit

What the actual fuck are they doing?

You would be complaining if it was the other way around too faggot.

How about that giant Gollum-tier creature in the cells? Holy shit.

That wa uploaded prior to release. I'm not really willing to trust footage from before the launch patch.

I saved an image from a Google search. You need to calm down, friend.

Tears of Denial needs 2 slots, so he had at least 3 slots in total.

Someone carry me through Boreal. I'm in Church of Yorshka. I need that god damn profane coal shit why is it so fucking late in the game?

8ch8net

Just use hidden body and run past everything.

how come "make londor great again" image never was created?

I dunno, and it really is the best ending.

You don't need hidden body to run past everything. Easy peasy.

Aah, looks like two slots at the "choose class" screen

Has the new update caused any of you guys to get random framerate drops down to the 10's?

I used to get a fairly consistent 55-60 but now every so often I'll get a shunt down to 12 or even 2 for just a second and then it goes back to normal.

I can't remember what item it was but I saw a description that basically said that the profaned flame was the first fire based sorcery, a flame that wouldn't fade. That would make it a nice lead-in to Demons Souls

This is the worst boss in the world.

Im beginning to think that every "Souls" game out there has a connection to Dark Souls 3.

Like you said, the "profaned flame" leads to Demon Souls, if they expand on that in the DLC it will be interesting.

But I was thinking of Aldritch, who ate Gwyndolin. What if he was never stopped and finally totally consumed Gwyndolin, he just ate the God of the Dark Moon, and as we know eating humans gave Aldritch Power, would eating Gwyndolyn bring him to Godhood as well?

I'm begginning to think, that if we had failed to stop Aldritch and kill him, he would have became something more than a lord of cinder, and maybe became like Gwyndolin and his relationship to the moon, maybe a "Moon Presence" if you will.

We already know that Soul Dregs sink deep, maybe they sink deep enough that they fall out of the world and into a dream, thus that the world of Dark Souls is just above their heads, giving hem the power of the Cosmos.

Isn't it interesting that Aldritch's followers were once Sorcerers that became faithfull priests, and tried to combine sorcery and miracles? In Bloodborne we do have "casting" that can both damage, and can heal, all using the same effects.

No, the worst boss is still Sulyvahn.

Also:
Official Patch notes:

Solved the following issues you may encounter in the Online Mode:
* Being sent immediately to your world
* Being sent to the Firelink Shrine
* Being changed in full Dragon Body Status

What does it even MEAN?

Either he got lucky, or he has better observational skills than me.

Really? Dancer was a breeze compared to Pontiff and Nameless King

That's the most retarded weapon art I've ever seen.

That ass disagrees

It is pretty silly, but the explodey bit hits as hard as a chaos fireball!

Any one else getting like little minifreezes after the update ?

I only had minor FPS issues here or there before this, but now the game literally drops to zero every couple of minutes.

Yeah I am

It keeps happening at the worst possible times too. I was hoping the next patch would fix the lighting issue but instead it has introduced new problems. It's amazing that we are getting to the point that I'd rather a game stay broken on release because you don't know what kind of bullshit is going to happen when the "fix" comes

Most of the fights were either we kill each other, or I win. Then later I make a mistake and get killed by a grab, because I can never avoid those for some reason
I may try the Astora UGS. It has the same move set as my Fume UGS. Why do I like the Fume UGS? It has a rolling thrust attack, and my power R2 thrust attack is perfect bait. Like I put my back to them for a second, they waltz up to backstab and wham! Slams the fuckwit right into the dirt. I love it. Weapons feel like lackluster shit honestly.

It's Firelink in the past.

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119101543484/

FUCK

So is it officially confirmed that From are just lazy retards that removed poise without even removing all the related items or balancing armor around the lack of it?

this

The update somehow made it so GPUs go into their idle state for some reason. Quality Japanese game code at its finest.

there was an entire thread about this

That thread was based on the Kotaku article though. This is an actual official post on the steam forums by someone with the "developer" tag.

Not my video, sorry.

It's a community manager from Namco.

well good enough

There are patch.
We have heard your concerns about being victims of deviant behavior while playing online multiplayer, we have released a patch solving some of the issues you can encounter. Other updates will follow to continue this work, we will keep you posted in due times!

Today’s update have solved the following issues you may encounter in the Online Mode:
Being sent immediately to your world
Being sent to the Firelink Shrine
Being changed in full Dragon Body Status

We’d also like to remind you that our Server Team is checking all the accounts before penalizing players. If you received an “Invalid Data” message, please refer to the following article: support.bandainamcoent.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/507/458/dark-souls-iii---restrictions-and-warning-messages-what-do-they-mean. Players that fall victim of online issues will not be penalized if they are innocent.

Instead of developing normal anticheat they hire a lot of monkeys to review every case by hand? And how they doing that? "system reported this user for invalid data and monkey pressed BAN FOREVER button"?
Why they always so bad at this? Some random guy already make a working fix for ds1 matchmaking while regular one barely works. They should really hire some good coders instead of army of monkeys.

I liked this game.

But I'm really starting to regret giving From my money.
I mean did they learn nothing from Dark Souls ?

I was able to sustain a solid 50-60 fps throughout most of the game with the occasional dip to around 45.

But the game shouldn't even be dropping at all, its really not all that impressive graphically.

Before even upgrading my card a few months back I was able to run MGSV on like a 4 year old card flawlessy 60 fps with a couple settings tweaked.

Then on my new card a r9 280x, I was able to max out MGSV.
Yet this piece of shit won't run at a locked 60 fps.

But Jap slave labor is cheaper user.

I think its nvidia and consoles to blame. Try older drivers if you using nvidia.

I tested it with a friend, they can be parried 2h and 1h, the only thing that can't be parried are the Weapon Arts.

For all it's faults, DS2 ran fine.

PS. But yeah, they are not the greatest devs.

Without lighting and every room was empty and it was speed up from 30 fps that caused shitload of problems.

Yep, I thought the same thing as I was ranting.

For all B-teams faults they made the best port so far.

And I arguably enjoyed Dark Souls 2's pvp more because of the build variety.
Magic was viable, Hexes were viable, Pyromancy, Faith, Poison.

Presumably that was due to consoles being consoles though.

Does any body else feel like DS2 had more stuff? DS3 just feels like 1/3rd of a game.

19 bosses in total, counting the secret ones. That's a low number.

I hope that DLC is good, because the pvp is garbage this time around.

Sure. But previous games is not that big without dlc either.

I couldn't even manage a second full playthrough. Guess it didn't help that I couldn't make a character more fun to play than my first one.
Pictured left, axefu. Not pictured, whopping 6 ATT and 9 DEX

DLC redeemed DS2 with shulva in my opinion, hopefully 3 gets a new area of the same quality.
One of them is probably going to be abyss themed, new londo/oolacile callback or something though.

I found the majority of DS2 to be tedious and hated the idea of NG+ so a shorter NG is fine. Somehow DS3 still manages to be tedious.

I am pretty sure it will be sea themed.

How many times you finished previous games?

Overall I wanted to like DS3 but it seems fairly repetitive in some areas and filled with samey enemies in others.

You've got the same little midget undead in 3-4 different areas. The same Knights in 2-3 areas and the same undead soldiers in 5 or so. The dungeon jailors are basically the same as the candle heads in grand archive. Basically they did something right with changing up how zombie variety worked. Two of the same zombies seemed much more likely to have different weapons in this game as compared to previous souls. Lot's more archers, knife throwers etc etc but the enemy types are largely copy paste across the board.

Then you have the actual areas which seemed fairly boring compared to DS2. Only Irythyll really struck me as cool

I recently started replaying DS2 to compare it to DS3. It has way more shit to do, and I didn't even go through the DLC's yet. I'm also really surprised about all the little details that I loved about DS2 that were missing in DS3.

Of course, the engine and physics feel much worse than DS3, along with fucking adaptability making rolls shit until you dump 30ish points into it and much more bullshit.

And yet, even DS2's base game feels much more complete and fleshed out than DS3's skeleton of a game, regardless of its flaws. Such a shame it seems they learned almost nothing from DS2.

DS3 is just a rehash of bloodborne. That's not a bad thing, but you can feel that they were struggling with this one. Miyazaki still did well but his heart wasn't in it.

how do I into faith pvp?

Lightning and blessed both scale with faith, but lightning looks better to me in every way.

Is there a point where stats start giving a deminishing return?

in ds3?
you ignore all lightning spells.
you use your buffs, and only your buffs. your direct damage spells are worthless

Try 16/18 str dex with 40-50 faith
Astora greatsword
Lothric knight sword/greatsword
all three have amazing faith scaling for both lightning and blessed.

Astora greatsword is great for pyro/sorcery/INT/INT&FTH builds as well

Pray that no one will use a Duel Charm on you then.

I was going to use Astora greatsword as I like the move set and it's way lighter than Fume UGS. Would 50 Str and making it heavy work out all right?

yeah, but for lightning miracles to not suck you have to pray the person doesn't have dodge mapped, items mapped, or anything other than light attack mapped.
That's your only hope to win in PvP as a faith build without just using a raw weapon.

Ive been using the astora straightsword, actually. but people told me to buff my weapon so I was looking for something like a raw weapon to put Lightning Blade or Blessed Weapon miracles on.

Which scales better, faith or lightning? Cause i get the impression that Lightning scales a lot better, at least on my Astora greatsword.

Nope, 244 A scaling, could work, could not work.
Blessed would be 171 D/C/-/A scaling
Lightning/Crystal would be 125/171 D/C/S and D/D/-/S
FTH/INT with Chaos/Dark would be 132/171 C/C/A/A

Astora great>Astora straight
If you're going straight, Dark sword or Lothric knight sword would be the way to go if you rely on infusions.
If I was you, and would buff, I'd use raw and go full int or faith to get a good buff and possibly some sword spells

sorry I meant to say astora greatsword for both entries.
I have a raw astora straightsword for putting lightning miracles on though.

how the fuck does stat scaling work in this game?
I get less damage with an heavy infusion with a scaling of A than with a sharp infusion with B scaling.
this is the Gotthard twinswords i'm refering to and my strength and dex is 18/18

Does the sharp infusion come with E scaling in strength or something?

no it makes it blank

this, pontiff was the only boss that really kicked my ass

i beat dancer on my first go and nameless on my second

pontiff got me at least 10 times, so many times i had him to like a sliver of health and he would belt out a 8 hit combo

Bonus damage from scaling is influenced by the base damage of the weapon. So a weapon with say 300 base damage and C scaling might get more AR from scaling than a 100 base damage weapon with A scaling, it just depends on the weapon.

Wow Great Lightning Spear fucking sucks.

I regret doing a faith build.

> mfw he summoned a phantom
So he's the new ornstien and smough now? He also showed up at the halfway point same as dark souls 1.

Yeah killing him was the high point for me.

I also really like the Soul Of Cinder from a design perspective.

When he switched to Dex/Pyro it put a smile on my face.

The trick is to land it in melee range.

Well, the clone only performs sully's attack before him. And you can remove it…

I found a subreddit for character sliders:
reddit.com/r/SoulsSliders/comments/4g0gk2/ds3_jp_character_sliders/

Weebs eat your hearts out.

Pontiff was the hardest for me as well since at the time I still had enough perseverance to solo him shieldless. Nameless King could have been harder but I pussied out and not only roid-raged on levels from 60 to 70 but took a shield. My first run is forever mired in the stench of failure…
To be honest, I feel I don't understand a single boss (besides Sully because he took me ages to beat) in the game. I just run in to get the hit and scum heal when necessary.

It looks like pre-set Astora is the way to go for female characters.

Incidentally, the lighting on skin is terrible. For the longest time, I thought Orbeck was wearing a mask like the Pale Shade of Londor.

Anyway, got a couple of stupid questions about infusions:
1 - is there any reason to use Raw infusion besides for low level builds or weapons with shit scaling bonuses?
2 - is Deep infusion like a Raw version of Dark infusion?

Deep is the dark version of the fire infusion.

Raw is almost always better, because of how split damage works.

Shaping specific facial features first and then using the overall stuff like face width helps a lot when making characters.

If that's what you're into, man.

I said fuck it and made the above char as an Assassin, going for magic shitter with some lightweight melee.

Yea, the Estoc is pretty much OP - I stabbed the Uchigatana guy to death with no problems whatsoever, partially because the attack frame lasts as long as you hold out the blade and not just for the duration of the stab animation. It's fun for PvE though.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER FAAAAAAAAACCCEEEEE?

yeah im done till they fix whatever they fucked up with that last update, i get a drop to 0 fps every 2 minutes or so

fucking cockadockey mumblefuck nonsense

Starting Pyromancer would blow your fucking mind.

What did they actually change with the last patch other than adding the amazing and fun challenge of 3 second pauses at seemingly random intervals?

Pyromancy isn't that great in pve until you get chaos fireball though. Though I suppose even the basic fireballs are nice to have for those abyss snake dudes and such.

Don't fix things that are broken or anything From.

How did he do this?
How did he make this message? This combination isn't possible.

How retarded are you?

Cheat Engine, obviously.

It seems to me the one thing they still couldn't fix is outranging enemies. Pulling dudes away from groups makes life so much easier.

What the fuck did they do?

and yet people love Demons' Souls

My point, you nigger, is that the part of the animation of the estoc that can damage you is extremely long. That's also one reason why Great Chaos Fireball is so good, because it can do damage a few seconds after being thrown and thus stagger enemies out of their animation. The Swordmaster did his jump attack and ran straight into the tip of my estoc, getting staggered.

Does anybody know the AR for a +10 carthus lightning shotel and the faith scaling on it? I'm considering upgrading from my man serpent hatchet but I don't know if it's worth the chunks.

That crap is nothing new. First is usually just the other person alt+f4ing. Other two are just shit connections and being outqueued respectively.

Astrid?

They have cheat engines, can leave ANY message in the world, and just leave nonsense?

Pontiff and the Princes are like another Smelter Demon. The majority of hosts are too stupid to keep alive through the fight.

Any message that's floating automatically gets a billion positive ratings even if they're unimaginative as fuck.

Meanwhile that one message that says something like "gorgeous view ahead" and has a gesture of the phantom laying down on the ground so that his head gets positioned directly underneath the firekeepers skirt so that it looks like he's looking right up it remains at a measly 10 positives.

It's a fucking crime.

Someone got the pickle pee webm?

I don't get hosts dying that often, I think it's because I usually run into the very same sunlight warriors who I see here every day who are really good at the boss by now to the point where they can compensate somewhat for hosts being a bit careless.

I recognize one guy with a faith build who always shows up with group healing and personally I always carry sacred oath even if it's usually just other phantoms who get buffed since hosts always run away when I start casting it and never come back no matter how long I hold it.

I've even started to recognize their signature spots for their signs.Mine is on the small grass spot right to the left of the fog door.

Anyone want to do some fight clubbing?

On Steam?
Where? What SL? Password? Rules?

Yes, Not sure yet*, Level 100, 8chnet, No estus during match and one v one.

I guess location would be the one outside of pontiff bonfire by default, but if there are better areas, let me know

alright i'll put a red down there

Also ashen estus is fine.

fug I rolled a new account to act as a buffer if I get slapped by cheaters getting people banned, I really should speedrun a character to SL~100 so that I can fightclub

You can still join, I believe passwords remove the level requirement. You might get your ass beat though.

Anybody else noticed a large amount of people with their microphones on but not talking on them, just blasting incredibly distorted music?

The only people I've not heard doing this are russians who usually just say something russian that I don't understand.

I never turned on my mic before. Is hearing other people off by default?

Sounds like HUEHUEs or some other lesser race. They tend to sit around shirtless blasting music and having mics on.

I hope I'm not doing something obnoxious with my mic. It detects my guitar as a microphone whenever I forget to unplug it.

I think this is as good as I'm going to get with these sliders.

also fuck the latest patch, god damn millisecond freeze frames

Yea, i feel you. Fucking frame rate drops to 0 quite often

This has been a terrible waste of materials.

I'm really thinking of going back to playing on my Japanese PS4 copy. The framerate is low but at least it's consistent.

It's been playable for me but the random spikes have almost gotten me killed twice, fighting the Dragonslayer Armour and fighting a mound maker in the Archives…

I feel you. I upgraded the rapier, mail breaker, dagger, uchigatana, washing pole, and chaos blade all to test crit damage.

Chaos Blade and Washing Pole out do Sharp Dagger. Sharp dagger out does Sharp Mail breaker and rapier

While fighting King of the Storm this morning my game froze for 2-5 seconds every now and then randomly. Was perfectly fine before the update.

Name your stats and that AR will start to make some sense.

Saying a weapon has 500 AR means nothing when you don't mention its scaling and your stats, but yes, there are a lot of waste when testing weapons

The update caused the issue for me as well

I've been able to shoot it with a greatbow during the fight, but it has a stupid ton of HP. 99% convinced that there is a secret reward for beating one before killing Dragonslayer Armor.

18 strength and dexterity with 35 faith.

They all have D D and A scaling in those stats except the carthus shotel which has E C and A.

Actually it's 18 strength and 19 dexterity because the shotel needed 19.

Now you've got me curious as to whether it drops anything special. But I'm sure if it did, it would have been datamined by now…

I would to thank my current dueling opponent for reminding me that Stone Flesh is a thing.

So has anyone else found neat little secrets in this game? last interesting thing I saw in one of these threads was the video of the CrocoRats rolling on their backs and praying for mercy if you get a visceral off on them.

What's the most useless summon NPC? Sword Master?

it's kind of redundant with hyperarmor though. Try it with something that has quickstep

Nah, he can tank the dancer for you. I'd say the Xanthous scholar, forgot her name

Was that anime any good? I saw a few episodes as a kid.

Or you could just get better at I-frames.

Eh. It was the first anime I ever watched. I don't really remember.

Alright Chipper. I'm out. It was fun.

Fuck it, I finally give up. Dropped. Fuck this game, fuck Fromsoft, fuck Scamco. I wash my hands of this garbage.

Alrighty, thank you for the fights.

Did he ever release a chapter or was that when he through it out on hiatus?

I don't care in the slightest about Shit Souls/Dark Shits/Shit Shits

Yeah, there was another chapter.

Does anyone know if you black crystal out as an invader when a blue shows up whether or not that blue gets its item?

While doing endgame farming to steamroll ng+ I have formed several statements.

>Who the fuck is Gertrude?

The two things that I extremely dislike about DS3 compared to the previous games is the accumulation of damage inflation where having over 1000 health when you can start with half that is considered normal, and the decrease in recovery time for bosses giving you less time to damage them.

queen's daughter and contact point between the "angels"considering their winged statues this might be the primordial serpents or the flying flaming things in lothric castle's sky and humanity to found the lothric faith.

is profane flame the spell useful in PvP? how about black fire orb?
i know what they do its just i can't get practical experience with the spell in PvP as my internet is a phone right now.

Black orb is a pretty good counter to people wearing melee focused sets, and profaned flame is excellent against stationary targets, like rocks and people casting anything.

I knew about Gertrude being the queen's daughter and a figurehead, but what really bugs me is the winged knight's set says she's in the Grand Archives, but the only woman in there is Kreimheid of the gank squad. I half expect the DLC to be even more fan wankery and we get go to the moon by, if how easy it was to access the past in this game was any indication, riding an elevator in a "secret" passage in the archives for a minute, and after an initial area full of unkindled hunters and a boss fight that inexplicably gives you Nito's sword or some other callback weapon you go fight moon satan who's probably Aldritch but "oh we're not telling even though we used ladder guy's model expicitly sounds of japanese raughing."

And none of that will actually explain anything except that the fire keeper used to be a medieval hooker that Andrei wanted to fuck.

thats good, all the spells that i've tested and found useful for damage have amounted to weapon buffs, some character buffs, those two aforementioned pyromancies along with sacred flame, GCFO, and chaos bed vestages.

right now im 18/40/30/30 enchanting a sharp carthus curved sword in ng+ on nameless king.

you know the corpse surrounded by angelic feathers that gives you divine pillars?

That's as legitimate as saying that the corpse in the swamp next to the birch is Dusk, there's a lot of ambiguity when some NPCs finish their quests on whether or not they die, sometimes they show the npc face down in a cell, othertimes it's the generic item corpse in the middle of a boss arena, she may as well flew out with mystical faith bullshit for all we know.

I really need to get to ng+ before I get my stats to 40/40/50/50.

well its the only holding cell in the whole archives, it gives you an item directly referencing her, and it's kneeling among angelic feathers.

what SL are you?

DaS2 may have been garbage but at least it ran well

I'm 101 or 102, don't remember if I leveled up before quitting. I've only leveled up strength, dexterity, faith and intelligence. Beyond Siegward's help for Yhorm I've not summoned. When I complain about mandatory health levels and damage inflation I know what I'm talking about.

I understand it's like a 90% chance that From killed off an actually good hook and that's Gertrude in the cell, but I want to pretend that they didn't botch shit up for a while longer.

i did a pure int run as my first run of the game, i didn't know sorcery was so shit so i ended up just using the CSR, i never upgraded my vig from the knight'scause luck is shit unless you're using anri's sword starting point until nameless king and lorian kept one-shotting me with spells.
death doesn't end a character's involvement.

So I ran into my first hacker.

Managed to survive hundreds of rapid-fire arrows and great arrows with Great Magic Havel's Greatshield. They got me after with bleeding arrows.

This game died so damn quick. The fuck happened?

this game is as short as bloodborne

i bet they cut everything to sell it in the dlc's

+
in ds1 you need to ring two bells then get the lord vassel then and only then you go after the 4 key bosses

in ds3 you go after the 3 key bosses with nothing to do before that

the abyss watchers really were a disappointment.

Nobody is playing until they fix the bullshit where hackers can get you banned from multiplayer.

What a nigger.

steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/611739528373561114

They did that though.

I want to see a WebM of this so bad.

And here I thought nobody noticed me. Thanks user.

oh i nearly forgot, has anyone noticed that the crystal magic weapon sound effect is a higher pitched version of the sound you hear when the firekeeper is helping you to level up?

Nigga, you edgy.

It's because they both have the same general "Weak overpower the strong" type thing going on where a lowly person takes on massive and often godlike things and manages to do it and win.

Same reason why berserk and DD get crossposted a lot but DD deserves it a lot more for basically being Berserk: the video game.

I hate this game. Fucking quests on top of fucking quests.

Hunting down all the gestures was a pain in the ass. The only thing that can fuck up getting the others is missing the second part of siegwards quest and forgetting that karla exists.

Once you beat the soul of cinder you can just go round collecting every spell and farming covenant enemies. Getting the rings is a pain in the ass though, I still have around 15 left to get

I heard - and am currently trying to confirm this - that you can get special dialogue with the Shrine Maiden if you never talk to her in regular Firelink and instead go to Dark Firelink straight away.

Great Swamp Cuculus. Can't take the hits, can't do damage to the Demon King.

but you need him to survive for some shrine sidequest, dont you?
Also you can someone another guy from the demon ruins bonfire.

Nah, you just get a whip if he survives.

dark souls died faster than dragon dogma

heh go figure

POST YOU PRO-FUN BUILDS user

the more creative the better

What happened to Dragon's Dogma?

Related?

I think this is what they call "tragicomedy".

Even funny builds still rely on spamming.

kek
the absence of poise makes a mockery of this game

mmo sequel killed the game

Is it just me or is the game much easier than the previous games? The only boss I had problems with was the nameless king, the rest are Dark souls 2 tier only even easier.

That's amazing on multiple levels.

Oh, right.
Forgot that even existed.

No, I found it harder, but that might just be because I'm really good at the others at this point and have forgotten how difficult I found them originally.

Same here. I can beat Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 without any fear of dying even once.
The only thing I seriously think is harder about this game, is Pontiff. He has virtually unlimited range and has attack chains up to something rediculous. I think I've had him follow me with 7 attacks

So, whats the best SL for pvp in this one?
I have a character thats 87 and I usualy manage to invade, but where is it that most people stop leveling for pvp?

It goes up to 120/125 or so, but that is by no means the best level for invading.

I've seen a few different tiers.

sl 10-30 at the first bonfire of the game
sl 50-70 and 100-whatever after pontiff
kiln seems to have a lot of people at any level as well

the meta is 120SL

Also gratz From from breaking the game with the last patch, everyone now gets freezes and lower fps

Fuck, do I really have to go through the dungeon just to find out of it's worth infusing with bleed?

People will tell you 60 or 120 but don't listen to them unless you like fucking people who do nothing but spam parries and can instakill you if one lands. Twinked out characters at 30 tend to be more creative and hornet ring parries don't do 2x your health.

So, this new patch which was apparently aimed at just fixing a few network issues has rendered the game literally unplayable due to constant freezing and stuttering, which is apparently caused by your GPU dropping to idle for a second every now and then.

Bravo From.

Exclusive footage from FROMs PC programmers.

You deserve freezing.

he's one of the bosses that goes into bloodborne territory in terms of speed and move-set.

still trying to figure him out lorewise, whyich is being held up by the validity of the profane flame and its origin which the dinner bell axe states was caused by the curse of three women who went on without a care.

having a translation from the japanese version of this might help as both bloodborne and DS3 have translation errors on things relevant to the story.

good thing i don't have internet enough to be online then.

user…

I'm sure pirates would switch to a broken update voluntarily.

well i havent yet.

tfw no one to glasscannon with

Dancer has a lot of wind up on her attacks. I find learning her timing is really easy, phase two more than one (You just have to be away during the beyblade combo), because there's no more insane grab hitbox.

I personally had trouble with Sully, Nameless King, and Lorian/Lothric (well, first few tries at least).

So I hit level 80 around the time of the archives and with the pretty disgusting scaling on faith with lightning weapons I never bothered levelling up. Certainly doesnt help that everything seems fucking weak to lightning either.

Before I beat Nameless King on NG I could get invaded constantly by his boss gate, yet could never get a defence attempt, and when I decided to stick my sign down to help kill him I saw lots of people get invaded and a blue spawn immediately after.

Currently plowing through NG+, I get invaded infrequently and I am always milling about with the Darkmoon covenant on because I need them items to hand in for the ring but I have yet to ever be summoned.

Worked my way through Farron Keep with the Watchdogs on and never got to invade anyone either, yet I take it off and instantly get a dickstab attempt.

Am I fucked by my level or something? Felt a little over-levelled, if anything, by the end of NG so I didnt want to go any higher in case I really pushed myself out of it.

WHY
60 is more than enough

SL meta remains at 120 so if you want a lot of online action in NG+ and beyond that's the best place to be

Because I wanted nice high faith for miracles and fuck-off scaling but also needed a decent amount of attunement to equip them and decent str/dex to wield anything worthwhile.

Doesnt help that I always take my first playthrough blind so I didnt know who, what or where to find shit or the stats I would need for them, so I was just kinda inching things along and ended up comfortable at 80.

Shouldnt I still be in touching distance for at least Darkmoon stuff then? I can invade no problem, but its the concords I need. Farmed up enough souls to level up to 100 but I get the feeling Ill be letting myself in for a lot of invade pain if I do that.

The Darkmoon covenant is fucked regardless of SL. A small minority report it working OK but the vast majority people get summoned once in a blue moon or never.

the last two are a trial that's for sure, but i expect them to be being the god of war and the final lord of cinder.
i won't lie my quality build blew through ponty thanks to big shield while running around naked, i fucking hate elemental ship damage though so i'll likely end up wearing a sorc robe with him for some jolly co-operation.

Thanks, Twitch/Reddit overlords!

If he survives the fight, you can go back to where you found Cornyx locked up, and you'll find a corpse holding Cornyx's set. This is the only way to get his armour without killing him.

It never occured to me that DS2 had 28-30 bosses before DLC

Compared to DS3 with 19 bosses in total.

Jesus no wonder I had the lingering feeling I preferred DS2

Is it possible to get the Pontiff's armour?

"B-but Dark Souls 2 was shit!…. Wasn't it? I mean, I only played it once, on release."

considering your fasted speed is still shit0filled diaper slow, no, dark souls 2 was shit unless you were a caster or a lorefag.

no

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunless Talisman
i kinda want to see the damage, but i feel its still going to be shit.

I'd try it out on one of my characters, but I don't think I've got enough pale toungues to respec, and i'm overleveled for pvp

Or a fist fag, or a dual wielding fag, or a low level fag, or a hammer fag…..
This can keep going.

not really, while there were moments of luster they were ultimately rendered moot by the game's bosses being lackluster compared to the other games and PvP being dead on arrival thanks to a combination of soul memory, connectivity issues, and the lack of non-cracked red-eye orb early on otherwise requiring you to farm for drops in a game that at the time had limited spawns until you defeated an endgame boss.

Nameless king needs to stop being a shit with his bad hitboxes and combos

Im baffled because Ive just tried invading people and more often than not a Darkmoon would immediately follow me. There are lots of people running about with a friend and Way of Blue equipped yet I just cannot get summoned.

According to the wiki the level range of Mound Makers is -10 to +35 while a defence summon is -10 to +30, so theres either something weird happening with defences or everybody is at least level 111.

+- 2 weapon levels, +-10slvl+-10%slvl. Wiki info is not 100% truth. And try different areas. What slvl are you?

Wikis have lots of incorrect information, but where did you get yours?

Yea, cause that's totally why it gets invasions still even being split across 5 machines.
2 was only good after the patches, so i would say it's unfair to compare it to 3 just yet.
BUT
Poise is never going to work in 3. Straight Swords aren't going anywhere and they're easily stronger than every other weapon class in the game. Invasions almost always put you into a 2v1 at minimum. Despite their efforts this, twinking is still a thing, and it's still rampant. It's just that twinks go for survivability over damage this time. Damage for most weapons is far to high for the amount of HP that most players have. Hyper Armor means anyone not using a straight sword has to get chipped down over time otherwise you'll get chewed up in 3 attacks.

These aren't bugs either. Those are intentional decisions made by the team at FromSoft. This game is so fucking simplified there are only 3 builds in PvP
1. Straight Sword spam
2. Combo Whore
3. Ultra weapon trying to force trades
That's it
I'd much rather have Havelyns back than this shit.

Some guys was posting somewhere. But they say they did testing so I believe them.

picrelated.

HAS THIS GAME BEEN PATCHED
TO THE POINT WHERE IT DOESNT
RANDOMLY CRASH?
OR IS IT STILL NOT EVEN WORTH THE
TIME TO PIRATE?!

It crushed with lighting setting higher than low. No fix,not mentioning of it. Probably because of jewvidia anyway. Otherwise it runs smoothly.

Wait, isn't Cornyx just wearing the pyromancer set which he also sells?

No, he wears different one.

This is partially the fault of the community itself, which seems to attract the worst kind of autistic muh K/D ratio shitters.

Sure, you had Havelmoms and whatnot in DS1 but a fair few people tried gimmick or themed builds. The rot began to show with DS2.

The bonfire crash has been fixed, but the latest patch introduced random frequent 1-2 second freezes during gameplay, which effectively render the game unplayable as it fucks up your capacity to time dodges and attacks.

Wow, I never noticed that.

Really? I havent seen it in notes.

should I try to beat the twin pinces solo or should I just summon some phantoms and kill them in a single try.

I beat the first stage solo, but I will probably need at least 15 to 20 tries to beat it solo. I just don't want anymore. I'm a fucking casual.

Neither have I, but it is genuinely fixed. It doesn't happen to me anymore and I haven't seen anyone else still reporting it.

May be you just updated drivers or something? Well, whatever, good if true.

Good luck getting a summon who can deal with the Princes. I found sunbroing to make things worse, not better.

How is it possible to be this bad? I can understand dying a few times simply due to unfamiliarity or stupid mistakes, but once you know all the boss's moves and have had time to practice dodging them, what's left to take you 20 fucking attempts to get the hang of?

I make sure nothing on my PC is set to automatically update because I always want to know if something has changed. Helps me determine the cause of crashes etc. I definitely haven't updated any drivers. Pretty sure From just got off their asses and fixed it.

Shit happens. I did like 15 attempts at old demon king only to beat him next day on 1st try.

I much prefer DaS 2 to DaS 3 in terms of content. Unless the three DLC packs give us 5 bosses each and a bunch of new weapon and armor, DaS 2 will remain the most content-packed of the four games.

I didn't

can you give me some tips for pvp
playing with mouse and keyboard doesn't help either

Equip way of the blue, summon 3 phantoms, and gank every red that comes into your world. If one of the phantoms die just run and summon more. This is how Fromsoft designed the pvp to be played.

Don't play with mouse and keyboard.

Really though, there's three ways to do PvP. One is spam R1. The other is Spam L2. The other is roll around like a fairy and chip damage all these nerds.

i mean i want to fight.. not summon phantoms

Do you want to fight 1 vs 4?

I don't know if I noticed it just now, but does somebody else have this, that if you are hit while you press the roll button, you roll after the hit animation automatically.

Well, you get to choose. Do you want to:

A. Have an army of phantoms ganking for you

B. Fight alone against an army of phantoms

C. Join a reddit fightclub and get slapped by darkswords and one-shot cheese builds

Queing has been a thing since day one.

just fucking kill me already, I did like 20 tries and I still die in the first 5 seconds of the second form. The fucking magic is too hard to dodge while the faggot teleports in your way and fucks you over.

Use the pillars, they block everything except the soul arrow.

And there was plenty of humanoids in armor and copy pasting to go along with it.

and all of them were shit. Except maybe darklurker, that was a fun and hard boss.

Remember Blue Smelter Demon and Avaa x 2? Grrreat design.

Don't roll away.

how to drink estus then?
because there is no break except maybe the soul arrow thing where I can drink one while being in close range.

How fucking bad do you even have to be?

Like my god.

Are you the same butthurt autist who keeps shitposting in the Stellaris thread by any chance?

No.

Don't get hit. :^)
I've only fought them once, and as a pyromancer, so I can't really offer 100% melee advice… Sorry.

It's usually better to roll into attacks rather than away from them. Only some bosses (Pontiff, Champion Gundyr) have attacks which can quickly hit you if you are behind them at melee range. Often the boss needs time to turn around - more time than it would take them to execute a long range attack when already facing you - giving you time to heal.

I don't know why. The dragon armor was a cackewalk, but the princes second stage just kills me in 5 seconds and i still haven't figured out how to dodge the magic.

It's not possible to heal, you get hit at least once every time, even if you are behind him. the only times I can heal is when I hide behind a pillar and he doesn't teleport himself to me.

That's because Dragon Armor is also piss easy.

Roll from his bitchboy arrows, dodge his incredibly long and telegraphed soul arrow, and wait until you regain half stamina to attack.

Dude, now you're telling yourself a load of bullshit to excuse how bad you are and convince yourself the boss is impossible. There is absolutely time to heal. I have soloed the twin princes a number of times now and they really aren't up there in terms of difficulty. Take it from me: there is time to heal, you just need to develop some pattern recognition.

I dunno about doing this with Lorian. I tried and often got hit regardless because his attack frames are way too long.

That's why I said 'usually.' You're put in a better position by rolling into most, but not all, attacks rather than away from them. The princes have a couple which you're better off just strafing, but those are the exception and not the rule.

What are unkindled supposed to be? Are they also undead?

but It's so haard~. I managed it twice now, but they still get me and that faggots hits me with his sword in my roll recovery animations.

Undead, yes, but not in the same way the chosen undead are, i.e. they can't be used for kindling the First Flame either because they're just shit or because they tried and failed. They seem more like a bunch of thugs who go around and make sure the real chosen undead do their thing.

If he's hitting you when you're in the roll or just getting out of it, then you're rolling too soon, plain and simple.

but I'm rolling away from the arrows and not his attacks.

Stop making dumb excuses. If you're really struggling this much, stop asking for verbal advice which you are clearly bent on misunderstanding, and actually watch a youtube video of the bossfight or something. Then you might actually get an impression of what you need to do.

that would be cheating.

If he's spamming the billions of bitchboy arrows, then spam that roll button. There's so many that by the time they're done and he teleports to you, you should have at least one or two rolls left. When he does his soul arrow, wait a second until he moves his arm forward to cast it, then roll. It's VERY easy to dodge.

There is really nothing else we can tell you. Just looking at your webm it's clear you're pretty shit at timing and dodges. DON'T roll backwards, DON'T roll before his sword reaches you or his arrows start moving forward, and DON'T heal after each hit.

I can't I'm bad.

m8…

Stop that.

If it's not dedicated coop groups, it's twinks in full Havel with Dragon Armor axes or - I think that's what I just witnessed - freaking multiboxers.

You guys weren't kidding when you said this game has the worst PvP. Worst PvE too. Hory shet.

No, Worst PvE belongs to DaS 2.

Only a few braindead morons were saying that. DaS2 remains the worst in the series by a country mile.

DS2 PvE at least had viable magic.

The Ancient Wyvern wasn't hard once you got what you were supposed to do (which I did almost immediately, thanks dev notes), it was hard because his head would fucking move every time I dropped off to plunge attack and I would fall to my death. Gravity did what enemies couldn't.

Not another one of these fucking pricks
What am I meant to do about this one?
Hit it with arrows through the hole in the wall until it goes away?

Run past it, nerd.

I just talked to that one turtle hermit guy, is it worth it going hollow?

He doesn't have as much health, either snipe him or keep hitting his legs.

If you want to achieve the dark lord ending.

There's also an NPC that will only show up if you go hollow and stay it, no curing allowed.

It's tempting, I like finally being able to play 90% of my time as human.

Also, I take it the Ring of Sacrifice doesn't work like that one ring in ds2 and only a one time use right?

You can just buy the purging stone for you if you don't wanna look 20000 years old.