Does anyone out there still play this?

Does anyone out there still play this?

Other urls found in this thread:

jegg-reh.tumblr.com/post/99200855886/thebigblackwolfe-eirstegalkin-stagu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably the worst mmo to come out of the gates next to wildstar.

Fuck no, worst 20 quid i ever spent.

and i bought fucking warlords of dreanor.

No, but i remember when some europoor spent 50 euros using my email, to which i then proceed to steal his account only to long in once, and never play again

its not as bad as wow

I impulse bought it near release because I wanted to play an MMO but didn't want to pay a subscription. One of my biggest wastes of money that I regret greatly.

I still play it with my since-launch WvW guild, the fights are great when you can actually find people who don't roll as one big drooling map blob.

Don't touch it otherwise. My guild was on the way to quitting the game until they did a big patch that returned it from full-on deathbed to just slowly dying.

Stopped playing it since late 2014. I am very happy about it. The only regret I have about this game is the fact that I was stupid enough to spend 150 € on the Collector's Edition.

I quit some time ago, deleted the game and never looked back.

I logged back in a few days ago. I had a gander at the car crash then logged out again and deleted it.

The game is beyond dead and rightly so.

I still log in from time to time, in vain hope that the game somehow recovers. I'm in a reasonable guild, but that doesn't save the game at all. I don't play much though.

Probably mostly nostalgic wishes for the return of the glory of GW1, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon, and definitely not from NCSoft.

My brother and I ran a successful guild in the first game, had thousands of hours. Guild fell apart after we both quit.

I was hoping the new game would be something worthy of getting serious about again, but it's all grinding. There are some good ideas in the game, but it's overshadowed by the piles and piles of garbage.

Doesn't sound very mature to me.

no. I play GW1. It's far superior

After about a year and a half of playing off and on I quit and uninstalled that shit. No regrets. My brother wanted me to play with him and I got it during a sale for $25. It was okay at first, but god damn there was fucking nothing to do end game and from what I heard from people that bought it the expansion doesn't add enough to be worth $60.

Bought at release, quit about 6 months later. Picked it up a year later, dropped it again after 2 months. Nothing redeemable.

let me tell you about the expansion:
first the story:

other aspects:
I should mention the GW franchise has always liked horizontal progression instead of vertical. While being more powerful in PvE doesn't seem much, the specializations were just meant to be alternative options than straight up upgrades which made PvPing virtually require the expansion
I got most of it I think.

pic related is how you do a Guild Wars expansion

shit
missed opportunity for Braham*
dungeons nerfed to shit to shift focus to nerfed fractals*
I also forgot about raids, sorry raid and so did Anet (the A stands for ass).

The expac was released half a year ago and they've released 2 quarters of a raid.
Not 2 raids.
Not one raid.
2. halves.

So they nerfed the dungeons in favor of Fractal autism again? Jesus Christ! I was right when I told my friends that I rather wait before jumping into the Expac. 3 years of bupkis besides fucking Fractals, one expac with one Region, fucking Maguuma Jungle of all shitholes, 2/2 raids (wut?), 4 less Legendaries and 1 additional class and 9 dual classes.

They have rightfully turned Collin Johanson into a NEET.

lel.

I've never played/witnessed a game so intent on destroying itself. I bet they're still hemorrhaging staff. Give it 3 more months and the only people left at Anet will be danger hair faglords and trannies.

I used to be an officer of Our Sanctuary [lgbt]. I've chatted to the pictured tranny and invited xir into the guild. Xe was an artist who just did the art for the vines that attacked the WPs. Now a """game designer"""".

What the fuck. What were you even doing in a LGBT tumblr guild?

Daily reminder that a lot of the former devs of the first Guild Wars left ArenaNet, and so you got the fucking copycat bullshit by the new guys who had to get 4 races along the Human Master race and insert bullshit gameplay design, and terrible fanfiction storytelling.

Where have I heard that name before?

It's a really fucking common Vietnamese surname.

all of them left really

izzy was junior QA in prophecies, director by nightfall

There was some LGBT guild on the server I used to play on.

Whenever I would encounter their members in ranked sPVP, I'd type out a little fact about AIDS or suicide rates or correlation with mental illness after each time I killed them, which was particularly often. Also a quick one when I had won the match, which was also fairly often, especially against those faggots.

all the game directors have left.
The big fucking names.
Patrick Wyatt, Jeff Strain, Colin Johanson.
And they employed fucking Angel McCoy who:
this doesn't sound important but the setting isn't Earth. And it forces a calendar on the game so now everything second in the game is a second here.
This means any events are real time, meaning that any story advancements in updates also reflect that. leading to time contradictions.
Did the story happen when the update was released or before it?
This majorly affects HoT, in that before it the story is at a cliffhanger and HoT takes place 10 minutes after.
BUT some events take weeks/months after (like Canach arriving in the Silverwastes)
Anet like to fuck up with dates and the timeline.

nice

I preordered this game. Tried too hard to like it, but after a while I just uninstalled it and never played it again.

Sad because those massive PVP battles in WvWvW were fun and had a lot of potential, but still wasn't enough to keep the interest longer than a couple of months.

I want those fucking $60 back

The chef?

This was years ago. I had always been in lgbt guilds (taint/stonewall in WoW). It was a fun guild to start with. 2 trannies joined up and I learnt what SJW means (ironically, from them). It took them ~2months to destroy the guild. I left and so did many others.
If you've ever wondered what SJW e-drama looks like, here it is:
jegg-reh.tumblr.com/post/99200855886/thebigblackwolfe-eirstegalkin-stagu

That all started because another officer, seelie (a gender confused homosexual (not even joking)) likes and uses the word 'traps'. Lots of people left, including myself. Now tumblr thinks I was the guild leader, which I am sure still makes the guild salty if anyone is actually left in it.

Now I browse Holla Forums daily, hate jews, muslims, liberals and think LGBT culture is inherently degenerate. What a trip.

I remember playing this for about an hour on my brother's computer and just couldn't stand how movement felt.

This is the game that taught me to never pre-order anything. It destroyed Guild Wars, and is the worse MMO ever created. Nay, the worst game.

That handle… Did any of your guild members mentioned Wartower?

Same experience. Anothr tidbit I have learned is: Never reward a company for a game you got for cheap by blindly buying the next one.