3DS Recommendations

Just hacked my 3ds and I'm looking for games to pirate. I have virtually no idea what the library is like for this console, as I've never owned one until yesterday. I like pretty much all kinds of games. What are the best titles of this console?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=atlus 3ds games&oq=atlus 3ds games&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7705j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why don't you go to the 3ds thread dumbshit

smash bros, star fox, link between worlds, 7th dragon, sonic generations, shinobi, Fire Emblem IF and Awakening (make sure to patch it), Shin Megami Tensei IV and FINAL, both Kirby games and Xenoblade

also dont listen to niggers who recommend Kid Icarus, the game is ass.

Stella Glow,
Bravely Default,
Donkey Kong Cuntry Returns,
Smash,
a Pokemon OR/AS romhack (base game is normalfag difficulty)
Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake eater if you for whatever reason cannot play the console versions,
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy
Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Fire Emblem Fates uncensor/undub/whateverthefuck

Oh yeah and literally every zelda. They're all good but Ocarina is the worst

Xenoblade, Super Mystery Dungeon, pretty much all the Zeldas, Phoenix Wright, Smash, Rhythm Thief if you're into that kind of shit, Expand Dong Country, and most of Atlus's shit on the system, minus Persona Q.

Have fun.

Can you name all Fatlus 3ds games? I only know two or three.

So I'm thinking of finally getting a 3DS and pirating games for it. My question isn't so much what games to get, I'm just curious what the current situation is with obtaining 3DS roms. With DS games it was pretty easy to just directly download them, is that still the case with 3DS games? Are they big enough that torrenting is necessary now?

In other words, how does Holla Forums download its 3DS games?

Girls Mode 3
Gyrozetter: Wings of the Albatros
Medarot: Dual
Medarot: Girls Mission
The Great Ace Attorney

No, torrents exist but only retards use them.

This time, you don't want .roms but .cia files.

You need to put them on your SD, start up your Custom Firmware of choice and then run an installer program (FBI for example) to install the game into your Custom Firmware's system/home menu.

Also no idea what this webm is, so this is like a kinder egg for both you and me.

google.com/search?q=atlus 3ds games&oq=atlus 3ds games&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7705j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Monster hunter 3u, Monster Hunter 4u, Monster Hunter X, Link Between worlds, Starfox 64, Animal crossing new leaf, Fire Emblem's, Mario 3d land, Mario Kart, Code Name steam, Kid Icurus Uprising!, Bravery Default's, Kirbys's, Cave Story 3D, Code of Princesses, Corpse Party, Donkey Kong country returns, Dragon Quest series, Etrian Odessy series, EX Troopers!, Harvest Moon series, Little Battle Experience, Luigi's mansion, Mario and Luigi series, Metrioid Prime Federations, Mighty switch force, Persona q, phenoix right series, Pokemon series, Pokemon SUPER mystery dungeon, rune factory,

Did I miss anything?

Sakurai pls go, you're worse than Toriyama.

wwww

But, it's good?

Remove ports, remakes and sequels and you'd have an almost valid list.

at least lightning is a carbon copy of taylor swift with tits. you ruined smash bros with your obession of waifus. please stop making smash bros games and work on a Tinstar reboot. thank yee.

where the fuck did I mention a waifu

Ignore him, he's baiting. He's probably one of those fatfucks who kept complaining about the controls and "muh cramps"

Sonic Generations and Lost World, Cave Story 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (be aware it's quite a bit of a departure from the Gamecube title both in mechanics and in overall tone), Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby Planet Robobot, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, Hyrule Warriors Legends, all the Zelda games (though Ocarina of Time 3D is the weakest of the lot), Metal Gear Solid 3D, Super Smash Bros (make sure to pirate the DLC as well), Kingdom Hearts 3D, Mario and Luigi Dream Team (Paper Jam offers nothing new in comparison and all Paper Mario components are from Sticker Star), Shovel Knight + Plague of Shadows, and Mario Kart 7. Heard good things about a Shantae game on the system as well but haven't tried it.

There's two general file-systems, .3ds and .cia. .3ds is always bigger because it's going off of the preset cartridge dump; 3DS cartridges work by exact sizes and pad out the rest of the game's actual filesize. For example, Super Mario 3D Land works by a preset 512 MB flash cartridge, while a .cia file shows the game's actual filesize is 289 MB. .3ds is only used by Gateway and other flashcarts since they're a bit dumb, and there's no actual advantage to using .3ds or flashcarts in general since you can obtain all flashcart benefits through CFW.

.cia is an importable file for 3DS which you can basically think of as an installation file; it's a packed version of the game itself and represents its real filesize rather than its padded-out flash preset on the cartridge. With CFW and cias of the game you want to install you use a program such as FBI, DevMenu or BigBlueMenu (the latter two are near-identical and DevMenu is an official Nintendo development tool) to install the cia, at which point the game is installed to your SD card and you can delete the cia file. (Backing it up to your computer first is advised.)

My advice would be to buy a New 3DS if you don't already own one, by the by. Wider selection of games, up to and including installable versions of SNES titles and improved performance in some titles. All titles can have improved performance if you use homebrew tools, ie NTR.

3dsiso.com and 3dschaos.com are my go-to sites for downloading cias but you do need a forum account on both of them. 3DSiso has a lot of users stupid enough to think they'll get any money out of using Adfly but deals primarily in MEGA links, while 3DSchaos instead has thanking posts before you can even see download links being a necessity and most people uploading to download sites which cap download speed/simultaneous downloads for free users. This Pastebin also has a good selection, compiled from a butt-ton of 3DSiso Mega links by /vg/: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04

It's good though..

What's bad about it?

I'm interested in seeing Citra develop a bit further to the point that Uprising is playable, it seems like a great improvement to play it with a genuine trackball. Hell, Pit makes a similar comparison with the control-scheme.

games probably amazing with KB+M, its gonna be a day one emulate. thats for sure

Speaking of, does anybody here know if Citra is just a flat O3DS emulator or if it has New 3DS capabilities as well? It still needs a super-computer to reach playable speeds and has sound problems but I haven't kept up on it all too closely, so besides .3ds requirements and the aforementioned performance issues I'm not sure of what it can and can't do.

Speaking of, does anybody here know if Citra is just a flat O3DS emulator or if it has New 3DS capabilities as well? It still needs a super-computer to reach playable speeds and has sound problems but I haven't kept up on it all too closely, so besides .3ds requirements and the aforementioned performance issues I'm not sure of what it can and can't do.

jim pls

DELETE THIS

At least the site's working better than it was before Alacrity.

DEL

ETE

THIS

Thank you for the answer.

Thank you for the very thorough answer.

Times like this I remember why I haven't given up on this place.