Stuff you miss in games/wish there was more of

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Enter_the_Matrix_(PlayStation_2)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good games.

Wacky retarded cheat codes like big head mode.

Easter eggs whit photos of the devs and inside jokes

in-game cheat codes to boost stats and shit
sometimes a game is very tedious and I just want to get through it to move on to the next one

game modes/mutators that put a spin on the standard gameplay

Here's a neat thing
In Enter the Matrix, they put in a shit load of humerous error messages
tcrf.net/Enter_the_Matrix_(PlayStation_2)

Rape.

This shit infuriates me. How fucking hard is it to design a cohesive overworld? Your game doesn't even need a fucking full planet, just a few continents is enough.

Sprays are great

As for stuff I want, I want more programming. Space Engineers lets you write C# to program how you want your ship to work. Minecraft has Redstone, to autism yourself some cunning traps. We need more games that let you do things like that.

Lands of Lore 2 had this weirdly touching tribute to a game dev who died during development. Still never seen anything like that in a "mainstream" game since.

Quickscoping

What the fuck does this even mean? What's can a world be other than a list of locations?

People like you are exactly the reason we're complaining.

Stuff you miss in games

This

romancing the antagonist
titty lolis

Alright, but that doesn't answer my question.

The spyro games had nice overworlds with stuff to do

Not sure what your idea of an overworld is, but plenty of PC games since forever had an overworld that is just part of the game world. i.e, it's another (albeit huge) level that connects every other place in the game.

Text adventures that aren't "meta".
I tried to get into modern interactive fiction made by amateur devs and it's all "we must play with the genre, we must poke fun at everything". Just make a fucking game, damn.

that's a problem with more than just text adventure games.

The issue is that text adventures are so niche is that all you get is super artsy folks and people with so little talent that the only way they can create games is with text-only formats.

It's a symptom of the general disdain for text games by the public–the amount of text games that feature actual gameplay have declined as the public's interest in them goes away.

That's the thing…. it can easily be understood that in those cases the connecting areas are also places, ergo the world is still a list if places.

you're unbelievably stupid. are infographs just a list of info? are maps just a list of locations?

Fucking
Cheats
Console games are devoid of unlockable cheat codes.
PC games sometimes still have console commands or mod capability, but you can't put in a code and suddenly everyone has big heads or unlimited ammo anymore.

They're all trying too hard to be so up their own ass with how "serious" they are.

Technically speaking, yes.

Time of day based stuff. I have deeply fond memories of animal crossing's morning aerobics shit in summer and waking up to do them. I loved in pokemon gold and silver that you could visit that one shady underground dealer in the wee hours of the morning and no other time.

If anyone knows games with good day/night features that sync with real time and matter, not just cosmetically, let me know. Please.

technically speaking no they aren't, dumbass

Ultima 7 comes to mind. It's hard to find games that actually change gameplay based on time of day, but Daggerfall is a MAJOR exception, it had some really cool implementations of this. Like being able to break into stores at night and rob them like you would "loot" a dungeon. I haven't seen that done in any other game.

Secrets. Stuff that was actually hard to find, not just look under the stairs.

Secrets inside secrets inside secrets are the best secrets.
Especially if going for the goods on the outer one requires you to destroy the means to get to the inner one.

Also, there's something very pleasing about finding a secret hidden in the unthinkable place that is only known as the left.

I about shit when I discovered the Great Hollow in dark souls. Shit once again when I got to Ash Lake.

bantz

Say what you want about Overwatch but it is nice to see that it has sprays. Too bad you can't upload your own image but I can't blame them for not putting that option in.