Why new games aren't cool anymore?

Why new games aren't cool anymore?
They're either brown pseudorealistic turd for "mature" 12 yos, or cartoony kiddy nonsense for 30 yo manchildren.
Where are the badass, overly cool games with protagonists that can inspire you to become something more than you are now?
What is the latest cool game you played?

bump?

Dragon Quest III for the SNES, I and my party of three badasses took on the Demon Lord Baramos and kicked his ass.

blame normalfags

dark souls 3 had its moments
going full bloodborne on the nameless king with the meat cleaver, landing them ripose
also metal gear rising, the whole game is over the top cool as fuck

Any build in BB in general made you feel cool.
Basic saw weapons: fast as fuck R1 combo with stylish movements
Chikage: honorabbu weeb yet unusual low to high slashes with crimson trails
Claws: rip and tear people to shreds clawing and pounding creating mayhem in front of you

It's depressing what a step back DaS3 is in terms of making you feel cool.
The only weapon that sorta reaches that i can think of in terms of moveset is the Farron Greatsword.

My guess is he was experimenting with this shit.

You mean THE BUILD you could go in Bloodborne. Since there was only one way to play it, no matter where you allocated stats and no matter what weapon you used.

The last cool game? Well, I've started looking into the Yakuza games. Very cool & very manly.

Getting back into Toukiden after putting it down for almost a year, it's pretty cool.
Monster Hunter is definitely better but until that series lets me punch things until their limbs break off, I'm going to keep playing this

I'll take one build with a small but cool selection of weapons with diverse and interesting movesets over a huge array of weapons that only have small differences and boring movesets.
Not to mention pyromancy in 3 is a pale husk of what it was in 1, sorcery got nerfed into fucking oblivion, so all that's really left is being a STR faggot using a handful of heavy weapons, or a DEX faggot using the usual katanas and bleed, or a quality faggot destroying everyone with a simple straight sword type weapon since it's by far the most effective and versatile weapon type in the entire game and the way poise and hyperarmor worsk in this game makes the straight sword easily one of the most superior weapons in the game right off the bad.

A bunch of idiots with straight swords cockfighting, that's what i think when i think souls games, yes sir.
Cool ass game we got with 3.
Maybe the DLC will improve things a little but i doubt it, it's gonna be defended to death by mustards as usual but deep down we all know it's a downgrade from BB in every way and that's the simple truth.

Now that's a lot of autism and anger.

I feel like das players who gripe about the limited build options in bloodborne miss the point. It's not about having a ton of shit with little variation, it's about having an extremely focused central game play concept. And Bloodborne delivers. It's got fast, snappy combat that's better than anything From has made in that style, and excellent design throughout. It doesn't need a ton of useless or gimmicky shit.

Why be cool when you can have autism?

Because autism is easier to connect to.

Do you have the one where his mum shows up?

I do, I do!

Thank you my man

EDF

Holy shit, I need more videos like this. Minecraft autism fits are the purest pleasure.

EDF

I really like Devil May Cry and would consider Dante one of my favorite game characters ever, especially if it's DMC1 Dante specifically. The other versions all had slightly different personalities I didn't like quite as much, and possibly worse designs too, though not always.

Bus as far as the art direction thing goes, I'd like the overall game and Dante himself even more if they had been less realistic and more stylized. Specifically, if the whole thing had been Darkstalkers style, (but still 3D of course,) that would have been amazing. I never really liked how realistic the art direction in most all of Capcom's 3D games went, it was way less striking to me than Capcom's previous 2D style, which still some of my favorite game art direction ever.

Right now I'm playing Darksiders, which I think tried to actually work in that old Capcom style, but the emphasis here is tried. Unfortunately, they just went stupid with the proportions in a lot of cases and everything's too busy. Joe Mad may be a fan of that old Capcom fighter style, but I don't think he ever really understood it. War is certainly supposed to be cool, but I just can't get past his chunky giant dwarf proportions. The old Capcom artists never made those mistakes.

But that's the thing . Vidya before were either cartoony platforms with colors and silly dialogues, or autismfests for adults, and it worked fine .
Now they're all trying to pander to teens and so by being a jack of all trades they are master of none

My problem with both Darksiders games is that there are too many puzzles and too little combat.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE!
FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!

I remember parrying the final hit, the one where he flips mid-air. Stabbing someone's guts never felt so good.

I agree. Though I wouldn't reduce the puzzles so much as add more combat. And make the default camera positioning further back.

Regardless, I was just focusing on the visual presentation aspect of it in regards to preferring stylized visuals, but not saying that all stylized visuals are equally good. And being sad that nobody is doing the old Capcom style anymore.

I finally gave a shit and started playing Birth By Sleep Final Mix, and it's the crazy bullshit I've come to expect from KH, but with relatively less cringe.