Old flash games thread?

What are some of the old, old flash games you used to play?

I remember this top-down 2D flash multiplayer lobby tank game where you played against other people on custom maps. The maps had certain powerups, and black little bombs that could explode and chain explode with other bombs. You could pick them up. You couldn't travel on water but you could hide under bushes. It was kinda turn based. I remember it closed down a long while ago.

This is an MS Paint drawing of what I remember playing that game >10 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=15739
adultswim.com/games/web/viva-caligula
armorgames.com/
my.mixtape.moe/cfoywq.swf
warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm
mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/
cache.armorgames.com/files/games/gemcraft-1716.swf?v=1463097886
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one where you built a team of robots and they fought another team of robots and you used the prize money from victory to upgrade your robots with cooler parts

Real Space 2 was pretty good from what I remember.

I was going to shitpost about how it was probably on Facebook, but then >10 years ago

I loved this one. Shame it never got a sequel.

Was it 3D by any chance?

It also had a rooftop levels right?

Do you remember what it was called by any chance?

This, along with some game about some ninja trying to get six scrolls. Also Viva Caligula back when I was in high school.

Honestly never spent much time with flash games. Thinking I might have missed out.

thing thing arena

got laggy as fucking but boy was it fun

Used to love the orange lego-trash bin game.

I think it was put on the internet archive, but I haven't checked it out yet.

It makes for good reaction images.

Flash upload still works. This one was kinda neat for like an hour.

You still remember the stupid steel-drum music that played in this.
Technically this is shockwave, not flash, but whatever.

Oh, on the topic of Cartoon Network, anybody remember the name of the Dexter's Lab version of Chip's Challenge? I remember having loads of fun with that.

Platform racing 2 was top tier

Anyone remember playing old adult swim flash games?

I think I still have the Venture Brothers one as well

Any chance you might have Viva Caligula? Think the last time I played it was years back and the amount of ads they had infesting the site were really annoying.

That's the one from miniclip, Robot Rage who got replaced by a shittier version.
If you want to play a good game like that play Robot Arena 2 (Not flash), also has some sort of modding community.

Here is the link
gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=15739

This it? I saved it off adult swim's website

damn that's pretty cool

Yeah, that's the game (tried to download it in the past myself but for whatever reason it wouldn't let itself be grabbed), but Adobe's bringing up some warning about the swf trying to communicate with something else. Haven't personally seen any other flashes give that as a pop up.

If you use firefox:

go to adultswim.com/games/web/viva-caligula

click on Tools->Page Info
click on the media tab
look for .sfw

it should say something like game.sfw

that;s how I got it. It's probably talking about detecting your microphone

I should probably mention that the game file is something like 6.2mb and I got it to load but it basically crashes when it requests access to my microphone because I have that disabled in some hardass way on flashplayer in firefox.

Those are some big ass sperm cells.

flash cycle formerly known as FLtron

Tried that, and got the same thing. Considering that there's "load" or "resume" function I would assume it might try to communicate with the AdultSwim server or whatever for the site itself if it's trying to pull old saved data or something.

Oh that sucks. Sorry dude

Shockwave is basically old Flash, so Shockwave games are basically old Flash games.

SWF thread I guess then

my fucking nigga

That game was so based. I remember me and a friend spent a straight week unlocking everything and trying to get high scores.

I'm looking for this vertical shmup series where you play as polygons/ paper airplanes. Really old, has no sound, the website that hosts it has a bunch of other shitty but charming flash games like a Dragon Quest lite.

There's one browser game I've wanted to find for years, but I've never been able to track it down.
It was a simple game with pixel graphics on a solid black background where you played as a guy with a spear. You were at the bottom of the screen, and the only controls were "move left", "move right", and "throw spear".
At the top of the screen, several rows of animals were moving around. If you threw the spear through multiple animals, they'd stack like shish kebab and you'd get extra points. I think there were specific combinations that gave bonus points, and if your spear hit a turtle it'd bounce off its shell and be lost.
You had five or so spears, and the only goal of the game was to get the highest score you could.

armorgames.com/
armorgames.com/
armorgames.com/
armorgames.com/

You're welcome.

This is basically 2d mount and blade, had a fuckload of fun with it when I was younger

my.mixtape.moe/cfoywq.swf

That one where you control the cheese moon was tops.

I also remember a Metal Slug clone being hosted on Miniclip that was pretty tight.

Oh look, a flash thread.
Time for me to shill Mardek RPG again.

hooooly shit i remember this

user pls

that era is long gone

I remember spending countless hours playing lots of shit on flash game sites back in 2004-2005 but i can't remember a single specific game, like at all.

Looks more like M&B meets Advanced Wars

Such a beautiful clusterfuck

Does anyone have that flash game where the little girl's head turns into a balloon and floats of and you have to get it back?

I just recently rediscovered a game I've been looking for.
Amorphous plus and Feudalism were my main flash game time sinks in the golden era of flash games

heres one for the wizards in the cizzastle

I blame mobile games for the death of flash, It's a shame since I could respect flash games as labors of love instead of an attempt to get a quick buck.

You should also blame Steam. Why make free Flash games, when people will pay for the equivalent?

shit I don't even know if that is still up
now where am I going to play coffee quest and Merlin revenge?

This one was real popular in my computer classes.

Most of the flash games I played when I was younger are now for sale for $$$ on Steam.
Often not made by the person who made the flash game.

Now I really feel old

also just a reminder that you can download a standalone version of flash off of the adobe website so you don't have to play .swf files in a browser

warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

sweatyman.bmp

Holy fuck they even gave a list of places in your area that would play Fly Like an Eagle.

Oh god I remember being in kindergarten and having hope.
What happened?

Tower defense games were always a personal favorite.
What the fuck happened to flash that years ago a pentium 4 could handle a flash game, but now we need a bare minimum of a dual core clocked at 3ghz and hardware acceleration enabled for anything to function?
Why the fuck does a browser even need hardware acceleration?

wait, is this the single most generic tower defense game, the one I don't even think had a name beyond "tower defense", literally with the same map and towers, only this one is loli themed?

Yes, only thing that changes is that waves sponge more damage and appear in greater numbers, until eventually you lose.
There is no winning.

did anyone else play this game?

This thread got me exploring all my flash files, and it seems like the plain old animations are self destructing or something, they glitch out like fucking crazy, and I just updated flash again today.

Anyone know about this old flash game that was about managing an office of workers? it had managers beating the office workers and stuff, i remember it from a while back but i have not been able to find it at all.

Corporation Inc?

RIP JayIsGames.

Thing Thing Series.

These two flash things are pretty much OC/Reaction Image Goldmines.

Holy shit yes thanks user

bump

im looking for a certain old flash game that existed 4 or more years ago

its a top-down shooter where the camera isn't centered on you, and you played as a strong white guy who shoots undead and/or demons and such, and blood gets all over the place; I think there might also be a new game+, but I'm not sure

the graphics are pixelated, but try to have realism; it also doesn't look like indie hipster trash; I think it was 16 bit graphics? theres also at least one boss opponent

also, it isn't boxhead or its sequels/spinoffs, and I couldn't find it anywhere on armor games

I used to play these:

Epic Battle Fantasy
Madness Combat Interactive
Battle in Megaville
Thing Thing series
N

didnt epic battle fantasy 4 come out recently?

L I T E R A L
F U C K I N G
C A N C E R

Simgirls

doesn't surprise me really

I think PopCap is worth like a $100 million now and they started off just making shite flash games. I remember the first few iterations of the site.

Bejeweled is 15 years old now. Let that sink in.

Anyone got any good pirates of sword and sandals 1-5? gladiatooooor

That game was fucking amazing

Does anyone remember that one Jimmy Neutron racer?

SWORD AND SANDALS
GLADIATOOOOOR

oh shit I LOVED that game. I wish I remember what is was called.

I remember people made a mode where it was flag soccer, with people throwing the flag back and forth. There was a sweet level editor too.

Any user knows what it was called? Maybe we can get a few games going.

Amorphous Plus was the shit.
A lot of the old Nitrome games were great. Search Nitrome 123. You're welcome

Submachine series:
mateuszskutnik.com/submachine/
Gemcraft:
cache.armorgames.com/files/games/gemcraft-1716.swf?v=1463097886
The fourth Gemcraft game is on Steam for $10. I hear it's pretty good.

To clarify, Nitrome and Amorphous Plus are unrelated.

It's been out for a while.

You're not wrong, but the games are fun for JRPGs.

I found Gladiator I and II for free simply by searching them up on startpage. I am playing III right now, but only found a demo instead of the full game

You wake up in a coffin.

Anyone remember that game? You play a ghost who has to figure out why he died, expand his haunting range to find more clues (maybe by scaring people? I forget) and help other ghosts reach catharsis by solving their mysteries. I found it on Flashplayer before they got bought out by UGO.

Yeah I've been looking for a while since I want to play through all of them so bad but I don't want to spend the 20$+ dollars for a 2008 flash game

The fourth game, yes. The early games are quite old though.

Hell, gemcrafts are probably some of the best the flash game market has to offer.
I bought premium for both Chasing Shadows and Labirynth, wasted many dozen hours on both.

I remember that game.

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/173654

user always delivers. Thank you, friend.

Bumping with burning.