"Treasure Hunter" Games

What are the best Treasure Hunting Games Holla Forums?
I mean this mostly in the sense of theme rather than just game objective, although I wouldn't mind something similar to Spelunky's game play either.

This is my list so far:
Aztec
Manic Miner
Spelunker
Rick Dangerous
Super Pitfall
The Maze of Galious
Atlantis no Nazo
Takeshi's Challenge
La Mulana
Spelunky
Montezuma's Revenge

Does Tomb Raider count?

What about Lode Runner?

I suppose so. At least some of the stages of the earlier ones.

I would put that one in "maybe" category.

I guess I could have titled the thread Indian Jones clones/ripoffs instead but I'm not sure if that would have been entirely accurate either.
Maybe a better title would have been Treasure Hunter/Explorer/Adventurer games.

Kirby's Great Cave Expedition or whatever the mode is called

I'm still annoyed by the second Spelunky game. Why'd they have to ruin how bombs work?

The Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star.

Indiana Jones had a couple of point and click adventure games.

I never played console Spelunky, what did they do to bombs?

Instead of holding a bomb when it starts you throw it out instantly, meaning you can do precise bomb-throwing unless you pick it up again, but by then it's ready to blow.

*can't

Can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned other than pic related and uncharted.

The Indiana Jones adventure games don't really count for what OP is looking for.

Trying to master The Quest, huh?

I thought Sunsoft died long ago?!

Apparently not. I'm always glad to see some of the old Jap developers still chugging along.

huh?

You want to see them fugging too?.

i wanna know why she has that perverted expression while the man is just a lego

She's got the same look as the elf girl in that elf and orc comic.

But Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine does fit the bill. It's basically a better version of the early Tomb Raider games with even more puzzlan and better combat from what I remember. Sadly the PC version of the game is extremely difficult to run on modern PCs.

Though there was a unreleased version of the N64 port that had some improvements that leaked recently. If you got the power to emulate that shit properly it's worth it in my shitty opinion.

They've been stuck doing downloadable remakes/remasters of their old titles for the last 10 or so sadly. Most of their actually new content is mobileshit sadly.

Wolfenstein?

my friend had Lode Runner Online: Mad Monks' Revenge on his family computer, shit was awesome.

the monks eat you alive.

That flash game where you get to use guns

Oh, Madness, I love that one.

Here's another Illinois Davis game you can add to your list, OP.

Zork
Nethack
Phantasy Star IV
Borderlands 2
Bejeweled

My expression is not important. What is important is what I'm going to find. I just fucking hate this jungle and the aztec worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, dark spelunking… and I've always wanted to die in a cave-in. This is the time of vengeance and no culture is worth saving. And I will put in the museum as many as I can. It's time for me to dig… and it's time for me to explore. My excavation crusade begins here.

Mostly because females are meant to look cute, despite being monsters. Nobody gives a shit about men and blanker his expression the better.

I really liked Pharaoh Rebirth, although it's not a terribly long game. It's a 2d sidescroller that's kind of like metroidvania games, but stage based.

well played yugi boy

They made it less casual, gitgud.

Found the damage control.

well you know, because you have less control over your damage

Man, la mulana seems it would be perfect for the 3ds. For some reason playing it on the PC would feels weird

Just stop posting. You consider dropping a bomb at your feet and picking it up again difficult.
This should take you 0.2s and should be fairly automatic if you have any facet of skill.

Pretty sure it doesn't let you do that in NuSpelunky. I remember trying it on the demo.

Neo/v/ ladies and gentlemen.

Neoshitposters everyone.

Holy fuck. Just accept you were wrong and move on and try to be less of a shitter in the future; don't try and reinvent the argument.

You are a dumbass. You have to duck and press the bomb button to place it right in front of you.
You can easily pick it up then, just don't be a retard and let it explode in your face.

La-Mulana calls itself an Archaeological Exploration Adventure game, that would fit.

Try Maze of Galious and Treasure of Usas.

I didn't realize this was an itch I needed scratching.

It's got costumes too. Which seems like a better way of doing it than what Spelunky HD did.