Defenders flopped

When will Marvel stop shitting on the x-men and mutants? Will they at least stop pushing the Inhumans are cool meme?

When Kike Pissmother finally has a heart attack and dies.

When they get the movie rights back.

Whoa, the Defenders flopped?!?

That is excellent news for me. I thought that show was the worst one of all Netflix.

But Marvel Studios is separate from all that crap

I don't know anyone who watched Gifted or Legion and I haven't seen or heard anything about them.. do people even know that they're supposed to be X-Men series?

Someone clearly didn't watch Iron Fist

They're given branding similar to Logan

Are they connected?

In that they are based on x-men, yes

I've watched Iron Fist and I thought it was awful, but the Defenders somehow managed to be worse than that.

I personally thought every single one of the Marvel shows I watched were terrible, save for Jessica Jones.

Now this is a plot twist, someone here only likes JJ

Yup. Probably because it was the first one I watched and it was before I looked into politics and SJWism. I genuinely liked a lot of it, although I saw many problems in it's storytelling.

When I think of all of the shows I've seen though (excluding Luke Cage), I think it's the better one.

Not trying to troll here, but what the hell did you saw in that show that was so great? To me only the first season of Daredevil and the first four episodes of the second season were the best Netflix Marvel had to offer. I did like some stuff in JJ like Kilgrave, but I felt like he wore out his welcome and the series dragged too long. That is a problem these shows have its full of empty space for 13 episodes.

It’s a mix of tv budget and these shows being MCU fan fiction at best

I'm not him, but I can see the positives in JJ. The show's BIGGEST problem is Kilgrave escaping out of situations, and that's the only reason I actually dislike it. If it hadn't ben for that constantly happening, I probably would have liked the show a lot more. Overall it's competently made, but most people dislike it because it really feels out of place as something in the MCU. Thematically the show isn't at all about stopping an evil dude, it's about a girl confronting her rapist and getting power back from him. it does that well, but when you watch anything with "Marvel" attached to it, you want to see some cool shit, and most of the show wasn't even her directly confrontinh Kilgrave, it was more about the presence it had on her life.

As a side note, also consider that it's still a million times better than the original comics Bendis wrote, even though they used that as the basis. So at least give them credit for that.

That was the biggest problem I had with the series too, but the other main problem I have is all those pointless characters like Jessica's neighbors and that subplot regarding Carrie-Anne Moss, her secretary and her wife. All of that shit was actually extraneous to the plot since they assist in Kilgrave's evading justice one way or the other. They were only there to pad out the 13-episode slot.

I could keep JJ's neighbors, but I agree on the divorce plotline. It took way too long for very minimal payoff overall.

While the repetitive nature of the plot really wore me down, it was the subplots that really made that show garbage. All the neighbors, the lesbo love triangle, Patsy Walker and Nuke's relationship to nowhere, and forcing charmless Luke Cage in there. There was a lot more I hated about the show, but that's the real reason it stunk. Endless filler.

If it had been 3-4 episodes of just Jessica and Purple Man I might have liked it, but it wasn't enough to carry 13 episodes. There's just too much dead weight.

Fuck, don't even remind me that. I remember how that guy decided that Kilgrave had to die and turned into a complete fucking psycho in order to make him pay, which put him at odds with Jessica and Trish because they really need to capture Kilgrave alive just to prove that girl's innocence that she was mind-controlled by him into killing her parents. Only for her to kill herself, render the whole struggle pointless and make Jessica kill Kilgrave without caring about her innocence. You know, had she done this before Nuke went nuts, we wouldn't be having so much shit.

I think Nuke could have been done really well if they'd turned him into a secondary antagonist, but instead he was just a "crazy guy that fucks it all up." I have a problem when they tried to make Kilgrtave seem so untouchable, but in reality if he didn't know you were there you could just fucking shoot him, which an ex=special forces fucker like Nuke should have done. He constantly pussyfooted between killing Kilgrave and listening to Jessica, which is antithetical to what his character was striving for.

You forgot to say what is so bad about Luke Cage.

I agree, but Kilgrave was easily the best part about JJ. The problem was when they attempted to humanise him but expected the audience to still hate him unconditionally because "rape accusation".

Hilariously, that's actually different from the Bendis comic where he doesn't actually touch Jones, but instead forces her to watch him have sex with other women.

This is true, although the same can be said of the Alias comic it's based off. If Marvel got it's head out of it's ass, we could've had a scene where Jessica gets beaten up by the Avengers, but ah well.

Bendis is a complete hack. I don't think he's a good writer, but most comics suck so he fits in with the average lot.

You think I'm watching all of that garbage? Where are Luke Cage's consequences for sleeping around constantly?

Plus, he's clearly a BLM proxy. And I've only seen a few episodes but Cottonmouth is apparently the best thing about it and he dies randomly due to some background character killing him. (Doesn't matter if it's his sister.)

I definitely had an issue when the show protrayed him as being so fucked up that he didn't have a moral compass, and even learned that helping people could feel good, and then we were supposed to root for Jessica kidnapping and torturing him anyways, despite learning that at his core he was just a fucked up guy who needed some lessons.
You didn't watch the show, so you clearly didn't see the part when the show portrays BLM as race baiting bad guys trying to push a political agenda.

I find it funny how preventable the Inhumans mess was. Disney got too cocky after stealthily replacing the Fantastic Four with Guardians of the Galaxy as Marvel's cosmic exploratory franchise, but they forgot a number of key factors that contributed to that success. First and foremost, Guardians is its own thing whereas Inhumans is basically an inferior X-Men clone. Guardians also had higher quality stories to draw from, was replacing a less beloved franchise (at least compared to Fox's Fantastic Four shit), and most importantly of all wasn't an exclusionary replacement. By that I mean cutting X-men comics while pushing the Inhumans to the forefront of events highlighted the blatant corporate mandated attempt to meme the Inhumans into popularity on par with what the X-Men had (and despite Disney's best efforts, still have). Casuals took notice and once things started going bad in Inhumans' production as a series, almost all coverage was negative. Worse yet, you have all the other failed Marvel tv ventures surrounding it, ABC wanting to cancel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., everything Netflix under-performing compared to Daredevil, and now a show that appears to be cancelled before it even airs. Amidst all the negative press, I'm not surprised the suits would decide to cancel it early to save face. And had Disney managed fan reaction properly (or had the product actually been better), this could have been cut off at the pass.

This is a mess of their own doing (although maybe Netflix deserves mention for how badly they've been dropping the quality of their original content across the board), and I'm enjoying every second of the Inhumans crashing and burning.

Yeah man. They just had to not make something shitty. Give all the made up reasons you want to, at the end of the day the problem is that the show was fucking trash. GoG completely fucked over established lore, but it was still good, because they knew how to make a good story. Inhumans was shit because they hoped and dreamed it wouldn't be trash, but it was.

It’s bad sign when the best part of your badass superhero show is a CGI dog

I liked Iron Fist quite a bit. I don't get what everyone's problem with that show was.

What the fuck is happening in this thread?

Honestly, Lockjaw's been the best thing the Inhumans have had going in any of their iterations

What was wrong with it?

It's hard to really define what was awful about it because just bout everything in it was shit, but lets start with Danny, the Iron Cuck. His actor is impossible to take seriously as a martial artist, because any scene in which he's doing Tai-chi or whatever, he shakes and quivers like he has parkinsons disease. Secondly, his character himself is just an absolute *blithering* retard. Not once does he show an iota of self-awareness and realize that, just maybe, he sounds batshit fucking crazy to people when he talks about being the Iron Fist. And when you can make your god damn fist glow at will, you shouldn't have a problem convincing people that you aren't entire nuts. This wouldn't have been an issue if he were a zen dude who's ok with people not believing him, but no, this mother fucker gets anally ravaged anytime someone doubts him that he got rescued in the Himalayans by some warrior monks in a secret city that only appears every 10 year during a mystical alignment of the realms. Even if you try and justify that he's still mentally 10 years old, even a 10 year old child realizes how idiotic that sounds. Even when Danny isn't talking about how he's the Immortal Iron Fist he still fails to be a convincing character. His weird mannerisms and shit he picked up from living with Monks never come off as a man who grew up in a different culture, he comes off as a fucking liberal arts major who, "Like, totally just *connects* with these monks I read about in my Religious Studies class." He makes no visible effort to understand where the fuck he is now, and I'm supposed to root for him being an absolute jackass. He gets put in charge of a multi-million dollar company, and the BAD GUY in the show reasonably asks him to spend one fucking week to just learn how a business runs. The BAD GUY even admits that Danny will make policy changes he is not going to like, but will accept them, he just wants to make sure Danny can competently run the company. He decides to completely ignore this advice, and immediately makes a series of decisions that would bankrupt almost any fucking company and does such a shit job he gets kicked out by his board of directors in a whopping two to three days. The fucking coke-addled psychopath was more reasonable than the fucking main character. And when Danny gets kicked off the board of directors, he gives absolutel no shit about it and it never comes up the rest of the show.

Then there's the fight scenes. The fight scenes are fucking ass, and I can't blame those on a single thing either. The choreographing seemed to be shit, but I can't tell, because they purposely hide the actual fighting behind a bunch of weird camera movements and shit because, surprise surpsrise, Spasms Mcgee is incapable of controlling his body in and decent manner. So then they bring in a stunt double. And man, not only is it painfully obvious that they're constantly using a stunt double, the stunt double himself doesn't seem to be that good. But it might not be his fault, becausethey decided that they would only block out 30 minutes or so of practice for each fight scene. That's right, the people in charge of a movie about a kung-fu master fighting ninjas decided that the fight scenes were one of the least important parts of the show.

The plot is probably the least awful bit of the show, and even that is all over the place. The big bad evi guy switches from Ward, to Ward's Dad, to Madame Gao, back to Ward's Dad despite never closing or tying together a single plot line these people are involved in. Danny spends most of the time piddling around doing nothing other than getting told in conversation by bad guys that the other bad guy is a bad guy, and while I really want to complain more about the plot I literally can't even remember what happens to much because it was so god damn forgettable. I remember that, yes, Danny gets into a fight in a hallway. Yes, Danny does go to China at a point, and yes, I *think* Ward's Dad ended up being the final boss, but I really can't remember why any of these things happened or in what order. Every other show, even Jessica Jones, had some really fucking strong moments that reminded you what the narrative was. In Iron Fist, the strongest memory I have of the show is when he was in the mental institution, and that only sticks out because that was the most infuriated I'd ever been in my life at a character, and it showed me how shit the show was going to be. The show is seriously so fucking awful that I legitimately think your trolling when you say you liked it. But it's so fucking awful that I WILL GLADLY TAKE THE BAIT BECAUSE I AN NEVER NOT BITCH ABOUT THE SHOW ENOUGH

They still had a few moments like Method Man saying that it was so inspiring to see a bullet proof man and shit like that. But you are correct for the most part. I am actually surprised that for a show that tackles police brutality, doesn't even portray whites as doing it - its only black cops that perform police brutality in it (its almost as if either Marvel either didn't have the balls or didn't want to alienate its audience).

i'm not sure even the fox shows will maintain their popularity

Legion started off strong but, it's hard to really see where they take it if they keep going

I liked luke cage