Dark Souls 3 General

AR Calculator
trogg.net/DS3Calc/

Parry Table
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0

Neither of these are infallible, but they are useful nonetheless.

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/13313
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/13322
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4hrzmy/guide_to_parryable_and_unparryable_weapons/)
archive.is/Ol4gX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is the Blades of the Dark Moon covenant so useless in this game?

Better than the Way of Blue, holy shit. How the fuck do you get Proof of a Concord Kept if no one fucking summons you?

Same reason poise is.
I have played the game on NG and NG+ with Way of Blue and then switched to Blades of the Darkmoon upon getting the covenant item and I have never been summoned a single time. I thought they fixed it and people keep telling me they get summons as blue phantoms but it has never worked for me.

They should have just kept the blue eye orb in the game or just make it so when you use the red eye orb while you have WoB or BotD covenants equipped you invade someone in Rosaria's fingers or Aldritch Faithful.

Meant to say Blue Sentinels

whats the difference

I think Darkmoons have a slightly darker shade of blue for their phantom.

In DS3 there's no difference.
In DS1 BotD invaded the world of those indicted.
In DS2 Blue sentinels were summoned into the world of people in Way of Blue when they were invaded.

They basically turned BotD into Blue Sentinels 2.0 in this game. You even get the same covenant items/rewards.

They only difference is that phantoms are a different shade of blue.

Darkmoons get double ears from killing Aldritch Faithful. Other than that, there's no difference.

As an Aldrich Faithful, I killed a Mound Maker and also got a Vertebra Shackle. Go figure.

The DLC can't come out soon enough. This is the least "full" Souls game yet, and it shows. Replay value is at its lowest.

But user, didn't you hear ? Bloodborne and Ni-Oh are far, far better ! So much I'm never going to explain how !

I can understand Bloodborne, but the Nioh comparisons are premature at best. All we have is a demo. I haven't paid any attention to the game, but I have zero faith in Team Ninja.

I'm convinced now that the Ni-Oh posters are doing it ironically. It was good, but calling it a Souls killer is the most ridiculous and far fetched statement I've ever laid eyes upon.

I feel like this list is missing something.

Magic should be on the list somewhere

Oh man, this is the first time I see someone this gay

Shouldn't you be getting destroyed by a +7 Longsword and trying to brag about "m-muh hyperarmor frames" you cosplaying cocklover?

It's okay user, you'll learn how to use slower weapons properly some day, just stick with your rapier and don't forget to always wear a skirt, you big homo

Sure, user, whatever you say.

H I T B O X E S
I
T
B
O
X
E
S

Wew, fuck formatting.
Either way, STRAIGHT SWORDS HAVE A LONGER RANGE THAN GREATSWORDS

Can anyone verify this shit? I mean shit's already bad and I'd buy this, but I'd rather not listen and believe.
How does this shit keep getting worse?

Its amazing that in a game where you would actually be able to get darkmoon invasions they took invasions away from them.
And than the real kick in the balls is they gave invasions to two other covenants instead, mound makers and THE FUCKING SUNLIGHT COVENANT ARE YOU SHITTING ME.

Isn't that an issue of phantom range rather an issue of hitboxes?

This test would be much better offline, but it still speaks loads for the online connection.

Have you ever played a game called Dark Souls 2?

The problem is that there is no motivation whatsoever to go Way of Blue ingame. No covenant rank, no prize for success, nothing. It's a waste of covenant slot.

So you have basically no one going as Way of Blue and a shitload going as Darkmoon or Sentinels, so this happens.

From could never really get the covenants right in each of their three tries.

Mound makers was loads of fun though.

Phantom range only happens when people move into or out of laggy hitboxes. These two people are standing still, proving that it isn't phantom range but the hitbox ranges themselves.

Why doesn't the Halberd get any shit. I win 90% of my pvp by spamming r1 in range.

You know, I'm really fucking good at this game, and nothing seriously gives me trouble except glaive movesets.
I just outspace and punish Straight sword spammers. Estoc users don't understand that Stamina is limited. Anyone using Ultra Weapons don't understand that they can be roll BS'd. Glaive users though….. I can't even punish it consistently with a rolling dagger attack. There's virtually no recovery, I can't seem to parry it, EVER, and the hyperarmor becomes present almost the moment you start the attack. I still win because, y'know, stamina management of most people playing this game is atrocious. Damn if it isn't long winded as hell though

They should just make all weapon arts unparryable, and all super heavy weapons unparryable.
The safety of knowing that you can never be riposted is balanced out by the fact that your huge hammer will never hit anybody who isn't a quadriplegic retard.

Do recent patches fix the framerate drops?

so i have
1 normal Warden Twinblades
1 chaos Warden Twinblades
i will add another Warden Twinblades and infuse it with simple gem

soo what gem do i use to infuse my Brigand Twindaggers
bleed ? what do you think anons ?

I agree with this. Ripostes also deal far too much damage considering how much of a premium HP is at. Parry spamming, is legitimately viable because you can 1 shot people on non gimmicky builds or without hard swaps.

No. I still get serious grame stutters and dropped inputs

Blessed. It's amazing bro. Praise the Sun

Anyone else find it kind of weird that lore wise Pontiff Sulyvahn is basically The Head Nigger In Charge and responsible for a shitload of the bosses you encounter but there's not really much build up to him and you just kill him and casually move on?

Yeah, and it's the more complete game.

Does anyone got the webm of the guy dodging dancers hotboxes with style?

So are there any (Infusable, low requirement. I'm a pyromancer) spears that arent garbage? My winged spear seems to be doing fuck all, though it's only Raw at the moment, Working on getting a chaos or Dark gem.

no

but bless is for reddit fags user

no
spears are fucking garbage in general
but i like the drang twinspears and Arstor's Spear gimmick is cool for a pyro build

Blessed isn't for reddit fags. Refined is for Reddit fags as they fucking suck at the game and rely on out trading people to win. I wasn't being serious either. Blessed infusion is worthless

The idea of it really is to just poke people occasionally, I've also got a Chaos Whip (Also garbage) going on.

In fact, here's my character.

IF you've any suggestions (In particular for interesting themed weapons) let me know. I'm invading as Aldrich's, and Mound Maker.

Get a Raw Astrora's Straight Sword and use Carthus Flame Arc on it. Straight swords, though they have longer range, effectively have more poke due to the speed of the swing making it safe.

Shit, I meant to say "though they DON'T have longer range"

That's not particularly unique though, Astora's is one of the best swords in the game.

Plus i'd need to get another slot for Carthus Flame Arc.

nice meme

I like where PVP is going.

Stop getting upset user, it's bad for your blood pressure.
I like to play meme builds strictly anyways. I just can't believe people use pyromancy unironically.

None. Whoever was charged with designing the covenants for this game was positively braindead. It's the shittiest set of covenants of all three games by far.

Mound Makers are pretty nice. They need a couple more features though…

I agree with you. I expected them to be pointless as I came into the game, though, so at least I wasn't disappointed.

fuck you pyro is fun
+ i play as a pyro/rouge on all my rpgs

wow man
thats INT/Faith is too low user

you need at least 30/25 to have a decant fire damage

by these stats don't go for the chaos / dark gem they won't scale enough for you use the pyro fire buff

Well you said you wanted something that wasn't shit. You could just get better at the game and use a weapon you like.

It's possible. I regularly flawless dark sword and estoc users with the Crescent Moon Sword. Just make notes of their patters, their stamina, know weapon range and speed.

Daily reminder that greirat died for your greed.

Questlines are so bullshit in this game, probably because they didn't feel natural with progression. Some are so easy to miss and involve area backtracking to places you'd never think to go, even just using the Patches tower thing as an example because usually everyone gets the tower key long before they reach the Cathedral.

It's stupid.

I'm aware of these things. I'm not needing a crutch, it's merely that the spear and whip do literally a fifth the damage of any real weapon, which is laughable.

This isnt the end of the build, i'm expecting to put another fifteen points in these things.

Not to mention that if you don't get them started or progress at a certain time, which is easy to miss, you're fucked.

Or that if you use a certain covenant, you're locked out of one. Or that if you use a god damn option from the firekeeper, you're locked out of another.

I know. You're just going to have to get MARGINALLY better, or use one of the good weapons. This game's balance is terrible, probably due to the weapon scaling and damage calculation being ripped straight from Bloodborne or something of the sort.

Patience can be seen as a skill

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

To reinforce my point here>>9287708

The main thing that's actually annoying are some of the meme weapons. Bleed carthus twinswords, Dragon Greataxe, etcetera. Even the Dork Sword and the Estoc arent as annoying as these "i win" buttons.

Bleed Twinswords are weak to people just maintaining spacing. You can't hitconfirm the combo, you have to commit to the L2 making it consume a lot of stamina.

All Great Axes, Ultra Greatswords, and Great Hammers can be completely negated with a dagger. Roll through an attack towards them and do a rolling attack with the dagger. It will interrupt the combo usually, and if not you'll still be able to roll away safely.
If you don't want to use a dagger, just bait them to attack 4-6 times, depending on what their stamina. They can't attack after that and they will keep swinging trying to force trades.

These are ideal situations though, not accounting for Phantom Range and lag. Maintaining proper spacing is basically guesswork given that you can't be sure how far things go.

Phantom range and lag aren't just "non-ideal" that's unlucky. Don't make excuses. You can never 100% of the time anyway so don't discredit something because it's not foolproof

also, you'd be surprised how far guesswork goes. I've beaten a great many people purely by just walking around as they whiff attacks, then walking back into their range and collect a clean 2 swings on them.

They're common enough situations that you need to account for them. It's less "making excuses" and more being realistic.

Regardless of the fact that there are (incredibly inconsistent) counters, these weapons and tactics are still way too effective.

Sure, to a degree. It's funny the couple times i've gotten a Sacred Flame off. I just wish poise existed.

These are not incredibly inconsistent counters. Seriously, just try them for yourself. The dagger one is laughably effective. Many people have BC'd or killed themselves because of how obnoxiously well it works.

Sacred Flame usually only lands when people don't know what it is. It's hardly prediction.

Oh god I got invaded by some reddit fag.
He looked like a fucking clown with is armor mismatch of shit to stack resistances.

I got his health low and I could he was panicking because he was just spamming magic and arrows.
However they were blocked by the pole so I just circled it while he wasted FP.

Yup. The biggest tell tale signs of Reddit in DaS 3 is the Dragonscale top. If you see someone using it, they're probably from Reddit. It's the best heavy armor piece that is still weight to absorption efficient.

Other tell-tale signs of Reddit would be Gundyr's halberd and the Thrall axe. Those are the "I don't want to look like a try hard, but I still want to win almost always without having to get better" weapons

Alright, I'm going to do it. I'm going to push through to Anor Londo without leveling up beyond SL20, just so I can get back to Undead Settlement and Darkmoon it up at a low as fuck SL.
I tried farming concords on my ~SL80 character, but even with 310 item discovery I was getting 1 concord per hour - or roughly one concord per 1 million souls - and was summoned at most once per day.

I'm thinking I want to go pyro/miracle for buffs and probably quality (polearms and/or curved/standard greatswords) for my weapons.

Any numbers-user know which class I should start as to waste as few SL as possible? I'm thinking it's probably herald or cleric.

I did it to get the Xanthous set while level 20
It's easy user

Oh to answer your question, Thief or Deprived

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/13313

If you don't mind being an unoriginal fag

How do you do it? I've got 360 discovery and I get one every 3 hours and I'm killing the niggers in about 3-4 seconds with my barbed straight sword. Am I at the wrong location? Should I be killing the red eyed faggot?

Why did they make this shit so rare when it's the least likely covenant situation?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/13322

If you want to disguise that you're trying too hard

Things like this are why this games PVP is mostly a joke. If this game's poise actually worked like it was supposed to people wouldn't to be able to hit you once and lock you into a combo until you die. I'm also sick and fucking tired of all everyone using is the max dps weapons along with sacred oath so I do no damage to them while getting three shorted with a shortsword just because I didn't make a build in mind of getting the maximum amount of damage possible. All I see are the same few weapons in pvp over and over again because all they really care about is winning instead of actually having fun and being creative with your builds. I want Dark Souls 2 build variety back.

Went deprived, thanks user.

Thanks, I'll probably be doing my own little build, but I appreciate the guidance. When it comes to PvP, I really don't try hard, nor do I do optimal or even PvP specific builds. I just want to do my Dorkmoon RPs in a zone/level when I'm more likely to be summoned more than once every 12 hours.

you deserve this.

I just do PvP with whatever PvE gear or character theme build I happen to be wearing. When it comes to PvP effectiveness, I'm generally as unoptimized as one can possibly be.
That's the only way I can have fun with it. If I go into meta territory and start using canned minmax builds, I feel really cheesy and it's just not satisfying.

this
it has the best pvp from has ever made and i doubt they can do any better

Yea, I know what you mean
I don't understand why people would do that to themselves
At most, I have a pvp weapon and pve weapon and I change 2 or 3 rings to fit what I'm doing

I don't know, I have only had one bad experience with PvP, and that was with the dumb sacred flame shit.

Then again maybe pure STR builds are babbie builds or something. I haven't really look at the meta. Just slapped on Grundy's set, and Yhorm's machete and go to town.

I also like helping darkmoon guys get their stuff. Also apparently you can get both a blue sentinal, and a darkmoon blade at the same time. I accidentally ganked someone today with that.

Dark Souls 2 did suck in comparison with the rest of the games but it was still a good game. The pvp was the best out of any of the souls games even with soul memory and it is still the best PC experience you can have with a souls game. I find it funny that no one mentions how most of the textures in Dark Souls 3 look like garbage even on PC and it still drops to the 40s on my R9 390. Dark Souls 2 ran perfectly on my old 560ti and had better texture resolution overall than Dark Souls 3.

Oh that's very respectable user. The only recommendation i'd give you is to have a dagger on you. Running into assholes with +2 Dragonslayer Greataxes that were dropped to them is quite a buzz kill.

"Fucking Dark Souls 2 fags" "HITBOXES" "SPINNING ENEMIES" "trash.jpg" "Dark Souls was better!"

it's currently the best dark souls though

Sure mate.

all three are right around 6/10, none of them are even slightly remarkable because of namco cucking development of all three
with that said 2 has the best gameplay

I agree with this, I'm not saying it was perfect or anything like that but see , this is how every redditor acts whenever someone mentions DS2

eh. Dark Souls was a better game overall. Dark Souls 2 just had marginally better balance and build variety, and that was only after all of the patches.

Yorhm's is an incredibly good weapon that will carry you.

to be fair, blightown was practically unplayable and curse could get you locked in 1hp before the patches in DS1, without mentioning that finding anyone to summon or being invaded was rare as fuck, and the gravelord/gwynevere covenants didn't worked at all.
DS1 is better than DS2 in a lot of aspects, but gameplay wise, and this is pretty much the thing I care the most, DS2 is superior.

Embarrassing.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the ring selection in this game. It lets you try some interesting things without going overboard.

good times ahead, i tell you hwut

these quads mean that YOU WILL use the Yorhm's weapon

now do it fag

To be honest, playing blind I had no idea what the fuck happened.

I cured the dark sigil without understanding what it ever did.

It can be double sentinel, double darkmoon or your situation, the host just needs a co-op slot available for them and since 95% of players will have a phantom or 2 when they get invaded, a single blue is all they'll ever get.

On the subject of blueberries, let's discuss how to fix them.

Sentinels exactly as they are now, being able to attack everything and be attacked by everything, their job is to protect the host.
Possibly add a forced timer to the invasion, so that they have to get aggressive instead of hiding but that might fuck them over too much without some kind of balacing factor, maybe the sentinel restricting 50% of the hosts estus while present.

Blades should follow invader rules, use the Red orb to invade a world that has an active invader inside it with their only purpose being to kill the invader.
Netcode is 100% there since purples already prioritise worlds with phantoms present while sunbros specifically target invaded worlds, it should be relatively simple to add dorkmoon invasions to this, but then again i'm not a dev.

I vaguely recall seeing three of those dumb things that appear when a dorkmoon or sentifag get summoned.

I only saw two dorks though. And then "won" by killing just one because I was a mound maker.

Okay guys it's been like a month since release.

What do I have to do to enable poise? I just want to play the game offline and not have an entire stat and 90% of the game's equipment be worthless.

Just finished my first playthrough
Most people playing PVP are a joke that don't understand spacing or overcommiting. I went the whole game with a claymore and only died in two invasions of the dozens, and only parried in one of them.
8/10 game.
Have we started the fire?

You don't enable poise. The videos that are being shown show hyper armor that doesn't turn off.

I agree that most people don't understand how to PvP, but winning doesn't mean that it's fine.
When you start playing PvP more, and have tried some more PvE builds, you'll begin to understand how shit it is

Totally missed this, sorry.
I just go for the two on the Anor Londo stairs. Take them down before they can attack, then run back to the bonfire and repeat. It's the most mind-numbing task imaginable, and it took two days just to get the first 10 concords.

Took me a week, glad I'm done with that shit.

If that's the case then why do they still get staggered after a certain number of hits? That's how poise works, but if it were just constant hyper armor they wouldn't get staggered period.

i wish i could pvp myself but i can't i have the pirated version
so no pvp for me
but theoretically
i guess the mix between fast movement and slow attacks should force the players to be divided in to two categorize
the aggrieve attacking >moving
and the opportunist moving >attacking

but because there is no poise in the game right now aggrieve players will have much better time than opportunist players

+ sorry for my bad english

When you see it

Being able to 100% win any invasion is a pretty good incentive.

You always get a Vertebra Shackle for killing a Mound Maker.

Dancer armor has great ass too

you can PvP with the revolt fix; it lets you play with other pirates

you also don't have to deal with the incredibly draconian anti-cheat, so pirates win yet again just don't use your main Steam account

Fox and the Grapes, every time lmao.

Darkmoon/Blue should be able to be summoned inside ALL invaded world but with a much greater priority in those of players using Way of Blue.

Or a fucking blue eye orb

i will use it for this boi just after killing early game dancer
it will look soo good and heavenly with the onislayer bow and the divine pillars of light miracle

as someone who has the legit version and a pirated copy, I've only run into cheaters on the legit copy so dude weed lmao

Also you full of shit with Gravelord not working.
everything in DaS2 is shit, it really shows in DaS3 and going back to DaS its even more apparent.

thanks bud
i will look it up

>>>/reddit/

I haven't played a game worth buying since the 90s and it's not like you can rent PC games.

At this rate I'm probably only going to get the ring and forget the miracle even exists since it's apparently the exact same as lightning blade only with magic instead of lightning damage added.

There are people on the god awful steam forums defending the drop rate and arguing against unfucking it because they already farmed theirs.

We need to merge all memesouls threads
This is fucking worse than the undertalefags

these games have nothing in common

That's Grinder's Remorse - a subset of Buyer's Remorse.

Everyone else should suffer.

Fuck you too, pal.

Why are UGS so worthless even in PvE? Pursuer's UGS was the not so hidden easy mode in DaS 2.

I found the UGS to be good vs the first phase if you get one that attacks vertically (I forgot the Fume moveset; I used the Greatsword). It does a number on his dragon because of the overhead swings slice up his chin.

Oh yeah it made the dragon easier. It does slice overhead like that.

But the attacks are too slow and the proper King will nearly always punish.

And the same thing is starting to happen with DS3 already. I've seen this game getting shit on consistently in the last few days to the point where the general consensus will be that the game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Fast forward to DS4, there will be more comments forgiving the flaws in DS3 and praising the things it did better than other games in the series.

In short, spergs ruin it for everyone else.

n . e . o . d . e . x …/道-b-u-d-

Blame the PC audience I guess, this didn't happen from DeS to DaS1, so I guess it's mostly just reddit memeing it and normalfags following suit.

look fag we all know that the memeing fagotory started when reddit got ds2

it was horrible
1111 mlg vid everywhere

Horseshit, this meme needs to die.
Before Prepare to Die Edition was even announced polygon was touting the SL1 fist only runs and the dark souls reddit was one of the largest gaming boards on that shithole.

A lot of the bosses (PS in particular) are specifically designed to fuck over the heavier weapons. Most of the bosses seem pretty phoned in, from what I've seen so far.

I've just been fucking with PvE, but it seems like if you can connect with the Zwei's charged R2, you can keep knocking people back over on wakeup. Does this work against human opponents?

Don't get me wrong, since DS2 that I'm playing them exclusively on PC because of framerate and graphics, but you can't say community didn't got exponentially shittier when it came to PC.

I tip, I say I TIP my fedora to you, good sir.

Dancer a whore, showing her ass like that

Social media made most of the internet cancerous, which made online gaming cancerous soon after.

One of the best fights though.

I was more expressing my disdain for the general lack of skill in the playerbase. A lot of people I was either summoned to help or fight were terrible, and lacked common etiquette. More than once I was invaded and has them sipping on me.
Also I wanted to show off my Wreckage Brother character.

her or his ?

i like to think of him as a man how just want some love

most definitely a she, and you're most likely gay

To be fair, when invading you are supposed to be as much of a dick as possible and "etiquette" doesn't really aplly. Unforgiveable in duels though.

Heh

Biggest faggot I've found so far.

well that is a waste
+ i am not gay

You aren't making a great argument here.

Faggot alert. You're not there to be buddies or have le epic honorabu duels. You're trying to kill someone, and they're trying to kill you.

>at Anor Londo, main door still closed shut

Original fighting style but cowardly and infuriating, 2/10 good effort.

I fixed the horrible video editing, here's a WebM.

Fucking broken ass shit, unbelievable.

Sounds to me like you got outskilled, kid.

remember, weapon/catalyst levels matter.
sl20 wl+2 is pretty bumping at the undead settlement. even farron gets action too.

that is.. if you're effective at killing after all. ended up farming both ears(30) swordgrass(30) in like a day.

probably helps to turn on global matchmaking too.. but, you know, lag.

but yeah. the combination of weapon level restrictions and the host having to have the blue thing on (which they wont cause there are other more fun/useful covenants) means blues dont get enough summons. so you have to cast the net wide yourself. +2,+3,+7,+10, depending on what you want. plus the appropriate level for the area you want to be in. wish there was some statistics on average level per area. but 15-25 catches people entering the undead settlement for the first time. and since people will most likely have the blue tag equipped at that point.

as for which class to choose. thats part of the fun of min maxing. deprived usually has the most free stats but sometimes you wanna specialize. the only one i've put any effort to is a low level luck build with the thief as base cause i wanted to use dex weapons. though deprived is also good for that. goal was sl20 with the 5 free levels from yoel to get hollowing. you end up with 29 luck + like 2 or 3 for each hollowed weapon/shield.

probably gonna do another character soon but i kinda wanna preserve as many bosses as possible so i can run wacky way of the blue sessions. magic this time. as i haven't touched that yet.

Saying DS2 was balanced is a complete joke though, Santa Meta was unbeatable by certain weapons, Havlyns was good, the meta of "go faith to buff yourself with miracles, have a PGS in your offhand to parry and a Raw Dagger+10 in your main to reposte"
Seems legit and balanced as all he….
oh wait it wasn't in the slightest

That looks like the pages of a god damn manga.

Was that the one spinny weapon that you had to break to use? Unless something changed, that shit was really easy to parry.

Santier's Spear

Yeah, that one. The one that you would walk up to someone, hit l2 and one shot them. Did they buff it or something?

Naw just bad netcode. Also stalwart refusal to use the GPS

I thought 1h r1 UGS was parryable? These guys say it was (and I know, reddit, but whatever reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4hrzmy/guide_to_parryable_and_unparryable_weapons/)

NG+ level doesn't matter for co op, just weapon and SL. You can be in NG and invade a ng+2

you have to back

ITS HAPPENING!

But magic is shit, user

Is it me or does the embraced set look fucking weird regardless of what body build you use? It either looks too big for the helmet or too small. The fuck?

That's what I was hoping to hear. I can't wait to see what it's actually like to be a darkmoon. Up until now, it's pretty much been a Yorshka Simulator covenant.

Thanks, user. I tried hard.

not talking about ng+ level.
i'm talking about weapon/shield/pyrohand reinforcement levels.
also rare/twinkly weapons are worth double per level.

had a happy lovely accident experimenting with them early on on a lowbie character. upgraded a thing from +2 to +7 and it went from summons/invasions coming out the wazoo to being a ghost town. couldn't even invade till i leveled up a ton.

besides a lowbie blueberry run at NG+ would be quite unbearable. especially if its true NG+ cant invade NG.

i guess that's a thing i like about DS that thankfully came back with DaS3. low budget comedy builds. i tried them in DaS2 but every other invasion being a havelyn/havelwizard made it a pain. though it was funny when i still stomped them anyway.

always found it funny how using the my thanks emote makes the thorny armor impale your skull.

It's because before Carthus, regular tit is scarce as fuck and you need 12 to get one +3 or 2 +2 weapons.

Then you get showered in tits (sadly not as fun as it sounds) after Carthus and now large shards are stupid rare.

Then you get to Irithyll…

So basically before Abyss Walkers just about everyone is in range from the weapon you have.

Which areas would be active for a SL30 character using a +3 weapon? I just finished Cathedral of the Deep and was about to head to Farron Keep, is it still possible for me to see some action in Undead Settlement?

Farron would be right up your alley since its about where players have acces to unlimited titanite shards but no real amounts of large chunks.

*large shards

I don't even know what the fuck was going on before I got summoned to that world.

Is there really any reason to leave SL~80 range? What about SL~120 range?

How good/bad is scaling for NG+?

30-35 with a +4 weapon is perfect for the watchdogs covenant.

I use hornet ring with Yhorm's Great Machete because parries/shield breaks are a one hit kill with it. Weren't it for this, taking on gank squads as an invader would be nigh impossible.

How do we balance hitstun?

Poise.

Poise.

Would poise make certain weapon arts useless?

Should every weapon art be 100% useful against a walking mountain of metal?

Then we get into the argument on the opposite side, "What does a non-mountain-of-metal player do?"

Roll.

Murder the shit out of the mount-of-metal faggot, dodge, and make use of all the points they didn't invest into being a mountain-of-metal fag.

Exactly. There is a heavy price to bearing the burden of ultra heavy gear. There should at least be a payoff in the form of poise.

Balanced in lower end SL pvp, then later end everyone becomes havelmonsters is what it sounds like.

Well for starters they'd have higher damage and probably higher effective health because they didn't bother sinking 50+ points into vitality to wear that armor in the first place.

Only if the meta level exceeds 120. There's a significant amount of levels that need to go into VIT and/or a ringslot or two dedicated to increasing equip load.
If it is a huge problem though the roll cutoffs could be moved down to the traditional 25% and 50%. 70% seemed excessive even for PvE.

Only japs grind that high man.

Instead of havelmonsters we have qualitybuff ninjas with instant staggerlock at an even earlier soul level.

Skipping and non-linear progression are verboten now.

Infuse some reasonable weapon to raw and you'll be able to handle Oceiros early. It'll take a while, but you can do it.

Seriously. It took about 2 years for From to fix the weapon durability when it was tied to fps. People are really expecting things magically get better for them while crying about how much they suck at the game on Plebbit?

I wouldn't be surprised if half of the things people are complaining about actually works, but because they work differently than in previous games people start desperately search the game data for faults. You know, instead of even considering the option that they just need to learn something new and work to improve.

Or poise could be set to "on."

Yes.

what's a good weapon to raw?
i have a rapier

Or people could just try to test if it's tied to anything instead of staring at the file and deciding that it's doing absolutely nothing.

Durability was never fixed in DS2, just degradation from hitting corpses.

Astora Straight Sword is excellent for Raw infusions.

You can toggle it on in CE if you like, faggot, go see for yourself.

The guy made a video about poise vs equip load too.

I still use it.

Fashion Souls always comes first so you did the right thing.

The thorns set is literally the best in the game because it does more than nothing.

I'm mainly getting fucked over by the spellbreaker shield because it's basically pointless for the overwhelming majority of enemies.

But it looks so good.

shit

Only 12 faith and not meeting the requirement only makes it bounce of some heavily armored enemies. It has the best possible moveset for a straight sword and gets absurdly high damage with raw.

You might catch leddit offguard with that trash, but don't peddle your shit here like it don't stink.

What's wrong with the hornet ring compared to dark souls 1? I thought it'd be less annoying since backstabs are less important.

It's because people just spam parries like idiots and can instakill someone if they land one.

This is the most butthurt list i've ever seen.

You faggots will cry about anything.

How did parrying change from dark souls 1? That should be less of an issue since you can't parry UGS 2HR* and you can be punished harder by light weapons if you whiff since spears/rapiers/whatever can stunlock now.

That's why they cry and hopefully that won't stop because if it stopped then it means From caved in since it's unlikely they will ever put in the effort to not suck. It's easy to bitch and complain and it comforts their egos when they meet others who are just as mediocre as they are.

Whenever I fuck up I don't blame the game I blame me fucking up and try to fix that. Games are rarely designed in such a way that it's the game's fault for something seeming impossible. I used to find the Nameless King hard for example but my second playthrough found him to be way easier. Everything rests on the player.

You could always see for yourself instead of trying to desperately grasp any other point except the idea that poise can actually do something.

Mainly the numbers being different. In ds1, everyone had tons of health and heavy armor so you could take one or 2 hornet reposts.

People always spammed parries. Parries are no different in this game from a mechanical perspective. The only difference is that the two weapons the community initially thought were stupidly OP (the Estoc and the Dark Sword) - because they watched e-celebs on youtube who told them so - are only good for R1 spam which is easily parry-able.

Also more invaders try to snipe the host with instakills because there's way more often phantoms with the host than in previous games.

It also has to do with the fact that most pvp is done at much lower levels and parries often lead to instakills as opposed to just a hard hit.

Same bullshit happened to me. Was his name draig215?

I have, you cock-gargling faggot.
Now take your Holla Forums-tier disinformation back to leddit where it belongs.

Your degeneracy is leaking. If only you would use even half of that effort to actually git gud.

Even if it's ironic shitposting this shit still makes me cringe.
Obligatory >(1) because nobody can see something while scrolling past the first page to get to the catalogue

Last time i pay attention to anyone's advice for this game, there's definitely better weapons out there but this thing is definitely worth it.

Daggers are deceptively good in every Souls game. Even in DaS2, where the base dagger has the highest crit damage for a small weapon.

ebin, simply ebin.

Quick, I need a terrible name for a character I'm about to make.

You can't get any less original than Guts.

That's not the kind of terrible I'm looking for. Also doesn't work at all without a greatsword.

What kind of terrible are you aiming for?

Specifically the Ultra Greatsword named "Greatsword" because Gutsfags always use it. Gutsfags are weeaboos now and forever.

It would be especially terrible without a greatsword. How about Inuyasha? That is also terrible without a curved greatsword.

Dick Cheese. Make sure Dick is with capital D.

The placeholder name I used in the builder was POOPFIST.

I want dumb, not faggy.

This is more like it. Maybe Richard Cheese assuming it fits.

Jiggaboo Jones

Remember, you can confuse the censorship checks with capitalization. I've met more than one invader with Dick or Anal in their name.

Madara Uchiga
hits all the marks, autism, puns, and dexfaggotry.

got you, I based my build around what I imagine would've happened if it were guts that got the red behelit, came out as fugs holyknight.

Sticking your fist in poop is also faggy.

I'm gonna use fucking gundyrs halberd.

Different kind of faggy.

even better then, you could always go with something like kebab, goku, or pic related.

Mudslime Masher

"imbdex gunder" or some other terrible misspelling

Ludex Gunther

At first, for some reason, I thought that the "I" was a small "L".

Be sure to have it contain xX___Xx and 420 if possible.

xx_Dragonslayer_Ornstien_Xx

YumYumCumBum

Totally gonna go with this.

poise

They never need to activate poise now. The fixed all the problems by removing stunlocking.

About pic related

explain yourself user I see people getting locked to death evry dai

It doesn't fix armor being essentially meaningless. The wolf ring does literally nothing.

After two hits now, you get a bit of hyper armor to roll out of combos, making things like daggers and fists worthless. I think that was added in the new patch.

Which patch? I've been able to roll out of combos after the second hit pretty much since the launch.

It's been that way since launch. People who get stunlocked aren't trying to roll away.

Bullshit. Greatswords are a terrible weapon to test this with too as their hyper armor has a thin window.
My first few play through of the game was wearing the master's set, loin cloth, and ragged mask. I still had hyperarmor when using Yorhm's machete

HA. I fucking new straightswords had much longer hit boxes, but not that long.

There are some combo's involving weapon arts.

I guess I'm the fool now. I just never really tried fists until recently, and I never saw anyone complain until the last patch. I'm sorry, guys. I was misinformed.

Yeah, weapon art combos are the exception.

Either people don't try to roll away or claw's weapon art lets you stun them longer than for 2 hits.

Nigga, we were talking about the balance after the patches. When Dark Souls first released, you could just spam the Crystal Ring Shield R2 and one shot people. In Bloodborne you could just spam the rifle spear. In the DaS 3 Japanese release, you could 2 shot people with the FUGS.

The difference is that DaS 2 allowed split damage weapons to actually be good. Every other game made pure physical weapons the only viable ones.

Weapon arts allow for stun more than 2 hits
Here's an example:

I am not saying the variety is excellent, but I am not seeing what you're seeing. I see weapons from almost every category being used. Your post makes it sound like you're playing at SL120. Most of them will only care about winning.

>mfw a raw rapier does more damage per hit than the Crystal sage version despite playing a mage character and it can be buffed with resins or spells.

They really need to fix split damage, and Faith scaling.

Oh the horror!

Ha. Most of the spells are even worse than the split damage weapons

Magic sucks. I get the feeling like you're supposed to SL20 through the game to get all the mage stuff then just go invade lowbies and push their shit in with Soul Spear

More news at eleven.

Armour gives physical protection, user.

It's fucking retarded that you can only roll away, can't backstab or parry. Just reinforces that the only way to play is abuse iframes.

It gives way less than you'd think. Even full havels only gives around 25% damage reduction, which is not at all worth it considering how much vitality you'd need to be able to wear it and still mid roll. Those points are much better spent in hp and stats that boost your damage.

agreed, greatswords barely have hyper armor and you have to time even heavy attacks almost perfectly not to get staggered by shortswordfags.
also glad people are stopping that dark sword/estoc r1 spam, have not seen that shit all day.

Whats the point of weapons that scale with INT if a purely physical weapon that's easier to get does more damage AND can be buffed for slightly more damage or utility in the case of fire resin.

FYI the physical resistance stat does almost literally nothing, the only enemy in the game that deals pure physical damage is slimes, every other form of damage uses the specific resistances of slash, strike and thrust for calculating damage taken.

I've parried R1 spammers during a stunlock before, it can defintely be done.

What the point if every weapon would deal exactly same damage in every situation?

You have to have a very solid connection. I'm playing out of australia, I was able to setup parry someone who lives down the road, otherwise nothink.

Then that's the issue, not the lack of poise. I don't want to go back to backstab/R1 Souls. People complain about not being able to poise tank through things but I'm almost certain it's just people who got used to using poise breakpoint min maxing to R1 trade.

Nigger if i have 30+ int a magic infused weapon should be doing more damage than the raw version.

Ah that explains it, i'm a britbong and frequently get summoned to worlds where everything included the host just stands perfectly still but slides around.

It's straight up cheating since i cannot take damage from anything PVE as they literally wont attack and i can just backstab or R1 repeatedly until the target dies.

Poise =/= phys resist.

The latter means you take less damage, the former means you take the same damage but you can still complete your attack.

R1 trade still works with hyper armor, the only thing that the lack of old poise really does is that you can get stunned by basic mobs. Also skills like Perseverance gives poise and not hyper armor if you believe the description.

And even then it's only issue if you try to walk in the middle of the enemy horde without swinging.

They're not supposed to deal the same damage. Split damage weapons should normally deal more damage than pure physical weapons. The reason this should be, is because it takes twice the investment. Also, split damage weapons have to pass through 2 different kind of defenses. This means that someone who has high Physical or high Magic damage would take less damage from split damage. This means that people would use the Split damage weapon that fits their build, and or use a pure physical weapon against enemies that have high defenses.

Instead, we have split damage weapons doing barely usable damage for 2 to 3 times the investment. Meanwhile minimum stats with a pure physical weapon deals more damage to every type of enemy, even if they had low defenses.

I know. I'm saying that people see that big heavy armour you have to dump equip load for is useless since no physical resist and no poise. I think the solution is to give them physical resist, not poise.

If everything is exactly as it supposed to be, why you complaining?

You do also realize, that it makes no sense for Dexterity to increase the damage of a sword either right?
and that Armor should flat out NEGATE most types of physical attacks.
Also, that everything in the game would be incredibly weak to projectiles?

OH, wait. This is a Fantasy RPG video game. Not a melee weapon combat simulator

Probably. But players are not regular humans they are undead, so they dont die from one hit in vital organ.

Dexterity supposed to improve your speed/technique with weapons. But ingame it just buffs damage. It would be interesting to see stats affecting speed, but it was done only once with ds2 iframes and experience was not very good.
Anyway it will take at least 6m to balance everything.

You're a goose. Different swords have diferent penetration properties on different areas of the blade, and different types of armour have different protective properties in different areas. On top of the fact that it takes dexterity to nullify the other person's ability to deflect or dodge damage it makes perfect sense for dexterity to increase the damage of weapons light enough to be handled nimbly.
Armour should not flat out negate most types of physical attacks, unless it's a case of molded steel without a single hinge, joint, or seam.

INT-using sword isn't that bad idea in fantasy game.

High INT means you channel greater spell to the blade, which in turn causes more damage.

I think intelligence should allow you to know more shit about your enemies(metagame knowledge). If game was randomized, int could provide you with useful tips for better damage types and shit. (Implying randomized mobs would have unique stats and properties). So intelligence could work like player experience of the game. Its not like I think its a good idea, but here is it.

Right, so you understand that this is a game, and the flavor should be made to suit the gameplay, not the other way around.

Magic users have spells and weak weapons. Str/dex have we strong weapons and no spells.

well to be fair int is sort of like "how well you can do the magic" more than actual intelligence. This goes for basically every game with an int stat.

I always thought that intelligence stats should be called 'knowledge', to avoid the implication that non-mages have difficulty tying shoes. Not that it really matters, but it would fit the context of most games a lot better.

Thanks for clarifying general knowledge.

you seemed to be having trouble with it so I thought I'd help out.
All in a days work

I'm not the user you were replying to. I was just going on a tangent about the RPG stat in general. I don't think it should give players extra knowledge. That sounds like a ridiculous mechanic.

Why I am arguing with you people.

Regardless, it's the character's knowledge and intelligence, not the player's. There is no reason that it should always carry over to the player.

I fucking hate you people.

Other way around.

It very rarely does in any game. Almost nothing experienced by the character is shared with the player in most games. As an example, in Dark Souls, the player experiences sights and sounds via the camera's location, independent of the character, and the character's thoughts and memories are never shared. We don't even hear what our character says, although it is implied that they do communicate with NPCs. The only knowledge of the character that gets shared with the player that I can think of is the contents of their inventory. The item descriptions themselves often seem to contain information that the character couldn't possibly have attained, so I'd assume those are narrated independent of the character.

"Hitboxes are soooo good in DS3"

Who gives a shit you sperg.

Who has said that hitboxes are good in DaS 3? Most people I've seen have complained about it especially with the way certain attacks from some enemies track absurdly well.

I am able to punish parry R1 spammers in 90% of cases. Very satisfying, actually.

I FUCKING HATE DOGS
FUCK THE PALE SHADE FOR INVADING ONLY WHEN THE DOGS AGGRO

Actually, it invades before that. It just takes a while for the invasion to complete.

Okay but the whole fight was still dumb.

If I knew where every NPC invasion was I'd always prepare a spear for that shit but
FUCKING DOGS

Dogs are harder than bosses.

I still killed most of them, but it's annoying when the person you're fighting keeps running off to recharge his health instead of just finishing it quickly. Also, lots of them would start sipping while well within range of my attacks, so it's mostly bad players doing it anyway.

This shit really fucking annoys me. Especially the fact that they had it working perfectly in DS2. This is just fucking lazy.

Do you know how multiplayer works?

Try the range on a wall in offline mode and see at what distance it creates sparks.

sweetfx makes my game crash.. any ideas on how to fix that (already set shader and lighing to low)

Yeah nobody got lazy during the development of this game

Are you so slow that you didn't see it coming when they decided to put Andre back in the game? How about the Undead Legion just being a cult built around Artorias? How about all the stuff about the old gods they shove in your face when you get to Irithyll?

I guess you also get a star.

Well you know, I figured they would make a good game after the travesty that was Dark Souls 2, but I guess I was wrong.

Perhaps 2 wasn't a travesty at all user.
Perhaps Dark Souls was a fluke.

I'm running twin swords a playthrough and I want to know which ones you consider the the best ones.
I like the straightswords but their L1 attacks are so slow that people can roll out of it

90% of the time they are, see arrows and any move set where your character ducks, jumps or breakdances, straight swords in particular just seem to be fucking broken.

Anyone up for a murder spree?
I'm in the Irithyll dungeons. Want to set up a password with me and destroy everything and then some?

I fought two Griffith's and a John Cena. I destroyed Griffith and punched John Cena to death. You haven't seen shit.

anyone?
is the twin spears any good?

Fuck you, that place was annoying enough as it is.

It's funny as fuck to watch people get wrecked as you lead them to items.

Best moment of this i can recall was when i was leading somebody to the great heal miracle and the alligator dog jumped down from the bridge and promptly slaughtered the unsuspecting host.

i'm out

see ya'll in a year

Ethan you are a shit, and I hope you get ganked soon.

Anyway I still like pvp, even if I don't like any other build other than huge weapon, huge health bar.

Wasn't that just a support/PR guy though and not a dev?

archive.is/Ol4gX

take it with a grain of salt

Here's me and a friend moments ago messing around. Otherwise Tsorig fell down in the tombs and stayed in the position as pictured for a solid minute. Until he vanished without a trace. This host was fucking weird too.

More like a whole bag of salt.

Either,

A: They're lying about it and choose to ignore it like they did with the 60 fps durability bug for over a year

B: They actually removed poise from the game without removing the actual stat and all items associated with it.

Either option screams incompetence on From's part. I'm beginning to think Dark Souls 1 was a fluke.

hah

Should I upgrade shortbow, or longbow?

Calling it now.

I find it more likely that Kotaku are just flat out lying and quoting dubious sources.

:^)

Is this list supposed to be ironically shit ?

Or do you just drink semen smoothies ?

Kill yourself tbh fam

Depends on what you're using 'em for.

Longbow

Shortbow

Only one thing is common between those two and it's the attack animation. With GS and UGS your character leans forward to lead the strike, with straight sword and thrusting swords your character actually moves forward with the attacks.

I don't say that is an excuse for the hitboxes, they're broken. But I'd imagine it's the reason why it happens with those two weapon types and not with spears for example.

The SL17 journey to Aldrich continues. I procrastinated an entire day because the next zone is Farron Keep. Fucking slow-walking poison zones.
I'm probably going to skip almost all of the items there and just gun it for the door.

Astora Greatsword is absurdly long and has a spear charge weapon art, if length is really important to you.
I agree it's bullshit.

What am I supposed to do about these pricks?

Run off the side of the bridge.

Or shoot one in the foot with a bow/crossbow until it dies. "Killing" one gets 'em both.

Drop down the bridge on the left and go that way.

Didn't even see that shit.
I'm not killing it with 60 arrows let alone 99. Guess I'm going down.

They can't interrupt that animation of them breathing out smoke so you can just back up from the bridge so they switch from fire to smoke and sprint across when their breathing syncs up. It's a really easy run to make, the smoke animation is long as fuck.

This fucking meme axe build is fucking ridiculous, it ruins PvP.

99 weapon art feather arrows from a long bow and three throwing daggers did it for me. Kill me

I've found casual mode, which was probably found by somebody else but eh.

You now have roughly 20 seconds whereupon you need to be about 3 paces in front of enemies to aggro them, and they quickly lose interest if you get far enough away.

It also seems to work on bosses to an extent, i walked into the abyss watcher fight with it on and he didnt do shit until i'd walked forward a few paces.

you can go around them and kill their cancers

If I invade one more person who just blindly spams R1 with a Longsword, I'm going to lose it.

In the begging it was fun to parry them then Hornet Riposte one shot them with my DragonSlayer GA, now its just boring.

I mean jesus christ these people literally do nothing expect mash r1, its pathetic.

Even sending these people trash talk invite isnt appealing to me.

They literally made this game anti-fun, no build variety whatsoever.

I take Katana try hard fags back any day other this shit

Do you lose your Carthus Rouge's when you make go to a NG ?

I swear I had like 500 rouges stored in my box on this character and now I have none.

Go to dark firelink or go to archdragon peak

Already got to dark firelink and it was spooky as hell, so I guess archdragon it is. Thanks nigga.

Abyss Watchers still best boss theme.

Most of the people you invade are probably just PvE players who don't know or care how to PvP, and just want to get it over with so they can get rid of the interruption and get back to playing the game.
You know you invaded someone who wants to PvP when they have a gimmick meme build or twinked character.