Third person class team shootan/CRAPCUNTS

Holla Forums I've got a question. Are there any games that are similar in quality/enjoyablity to either of these two games? Here's what I played that were somewhat similar:

I know damned well GA 2 isn't coming and if it is it's not going to be good. Are there any games of this genre that are actually pretty enjoyable and preferably f2p because I'm a cheapskate or should I just lose hope?

Also if you just want to talk about either Global Agenda or MNC go ahead. A reminder that crescent jetpacks are for scrubs and poison medics and robotics are the best classes. Reconshitters go to hell

overwatch really isn't MOBAlike at all, it's more like TF2 gametypes with skill cooldowns

It only really copies the gameplay in its basic format, TF2 still has a lot more complexities to it than OW

Like what? Do you mean the player is given far more control with what tools they have?

i don't disagree, but i also probably liked the OW beta more than any modern TF2 experience since that game is a bloated corpse now

granted i enjoyed the beta a lot i can see it going stale fast if they don't keep their promise of adding new shit, or worse making it f2p and taking down the paywall to keep the underclasses out

anyone who says OW should be F2P is probably a fucking russian

If you just want a decent ASSFAGGOTS that focuses more on action then Awesomenauts is a good game, but it's a platformer, not a shooter.

I think what user is saying is that a game like TF2 makes its classes stand out in lots of ways. Stats, health, movement, special abilities, weapons, etc.

While a game like overwatch pretty much changes only health and abilities, and given the nature of abilities it's only natural that you get to see a lot of slight permutations to a singular ability shared across characters and games.

Also yeah, the player is given far more control with advanced techniques in TF2(rocket jumping for example) or GA(jetpacks before the mind free hands free/crescent jetpacks update) than a game that locks your character to four abilities and standard movement.

But is it worth the 40 dollars or 60 dollars or whatever it is they're charging it for? I doubt it.

I guess you could say I'm interested in third person assfaggots, no top down or 2d stuff. Airmech is airdead too, what a shame.

Shouldn't be f2p, but 40 burger coupons is roughly twice what it's worth. I enjoyed the beta, but it got stale by the second day. Not enough emergent gameplay cause the abilities do only what blizz wants them to do, too many redundant classes, no personality.

it's 40 bucks, but since blizzard are jews if you go to the official site they make you go a roundabout way to get the 40 dollar version and not the MEGA SUPER EXTRA SKIN EDITION FOR 60

it seems steep either way but i'd rather buy a game once than deal with f2p shit

at this point i'll probably only get it if i have more than 2 friends to play it with to get 40 dollars worth of hours in it

30 freedom dollars i probably wouldn't have any issue with getting it. i also don't know how much more is in the game compared to the beta which is a bad move on blizzards part since i could have very easily experienced it all in one weekend if they don't have more stuff for full release

I still say TF2 has a chance of being redeemed, especially with the focus on balance Valve has tried doing now

It shouldn't be F2P but it's nowhere near worth $40, especially with the content that's in it now. $20 would be understandable, but $40 for about 10 maps, limited server selection, and not many gamemodes just gives off a bad impression

i think TF2 might be past that point since it's a great big hangout for faggots now

I thought TF2 classic was played kind of regularly here?

Unless you meant 8ch by faggots, did they do a repeat of that one CS GO video?

TF2 always had its fair share of faggotry, though, the only difference is that it got larger and more noticeable after it went F2P and after Quickplay was introduced, that was when community servers stopped being as big as they were before

Conker: Live and Reloaded on the Xbox had a neat third person multiplayer, with 5 classes that played differently. I think there's a team out there that reverse engineered Xbox Live, but I have no idea if it works. It's pretty neat for single player at least.

And to butt in on the TF2 talk, one thing I like about it is that I can take a picture with all the TF2 characters on it and show someone who hasn't played it, and they'd know which class is which. The Scout? He's the one wearing the headpiece. The Medic? Big white jacket. Pyro? Gas mask. It's nice and simple, and a lot of effort went into making the classes so simple. It's a shame I can't stand modern TF2, because there's a beautiful game trapped somewhere in all the faggotry. Backburner + Detonator + Backscratcher is too much fun

Oh yeah, recognizable silhouettes are something a lot of these games get wrong, especially when they start introducing EPIC SKINS that completely change how a character looks, even worse if that EPIC SKIN makes someone look similar to someone else.

i played fucking halo with 4chan guys and it wasn't that horrifically obnoxious

i don't mind quickplay when i'm pubbin it out but yeah it does hurt servers

simple design rule, need to be able to identify any class by it's silhouette. overwatch follows that rule but that abortion battleborn doesn't

68, actually.

it's 1972 now

Tfw I only got to play MNC once

I feel like I've really missed something here, shit looks rad

MNC was a lot of fun with friends, SMNC is a bit of a shitshow with all the characters

I hear it's a bit of a mess, I wonder if we could get some guys together for a few rounds of the original sometime, seems to be well liked around here.

I don't have that steam account anymore. Sorry user.

Why did SMNC die so fast, though?

that is a good question

They intentionally killed server support because Uber wasn't making enough money off of the thousand player population, and they had Planetary Annihilation on kickstarter.
I also partially blame it on everyone who played hot hands assassins.

im wondering why it never took off and had such a low population

It pissed off everyone who played MNC and didn't attract anyone new.

What did planetary annihilation even amount to?

What is it, even? The name itself suggests a successor to Total Annihilation but I'm doubting that.

I kinda feel like I've done something dirty, but I can't put my finger on what or why. I recently tried Smite, my first game of this type, and I actually really enjoyed it. I've stayed away from MOBAS and the rest for one reason or another, but I decided to try out Smite since the whole pantheon of mythological gods and decently lewd character designs interested me. I'm having fun. Am I fucked? Have no interest in branching out to anything similar, but yeah.

We all have our guilty pleasures. It's good that you enjoy it, just don't buy gems or else you're a dumbass.

I mean can you believe I actually play that Legend Of Korra game and Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z every three months or so

How else are you supposed to get gems? I glanced at the weekly challenges and it's all for favor. Is it random or am I missing something?

From what I recall there are three ways. First is buying gems like a dumbass.
Second is the daily rewards(top left I think there's a tab called rewards). Day 6 and 7 combined give you 50 gems a week.
Third is the occasional event(it should pop up in the weekly quest tab). Win X first wins of the day for Y amount of gems or whatever. Also sometimes they can give away codes on streams but fuck watching Hirez trying to shoutcast or do anything.

Honestly I really liked the game at first, way back in beta, partly because I liked the open map and the lack of a jungler, and partly because I really enjoyed playing Anubis. But then they decided to downsize the map and add a jungler and then make Anubis near obsolete so I can't bother anymore.

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to check in occasionally. And yeah, Anubis seems like crap. I haven't played him, but I've fought plenty and it's basically a free kill. Now Zeus on the other hand… Fuck that arrogant faggot.

Assuming you can get zeus before he gets fed you've got him by the ass. Especially in conquest

I don't get why they've continually decided to make him more braindead though. In my opinion his very first iteration was the best. Good emphasis on positioning, amazing damage and a really satisfying chain lightning once it's fully upgraded.

You could try Sanctum and Sanctum 2.

FPS Tower defense.

I have them. I don't like them. Too much emphasis on increasing the health of enemies rather than varying their abilities like Orcs Must Die.

Speaking of OMD!, how's that one third game that was supposed to be a moba type of deal?

True enough. I mostly have issues against him on Arena since everybody is so packed and/or afraid to move in. Any tips for Nemesis? I've picked her up after getting a little bored of Bellona and Syclla.

Was a mage only type of guy, sorry.

It's all good. Thanks for help though.

It was a shit game, user.

smite seems to be a step away from the shitty established mobas. not entirely, but it makes an attempt to be a video game.

So I take it there's nothing at all? Shit.

I'm curious, how does it seem so to you?

Pic related needs to be updated.

With what? Paragon? Barely worth the effort, given how incredibly negative the beta reaction has mostly been so far.

I think the game itself is so far okay but I've gotta play it more.

Also why is Dirty Bomb on there?

It was shit. Poor balance, slow game play, refusal to fix bugs or address any of the problems, massive kikery with the unlock prices.

I fucking miss MNC.
It still hurts.

What did SMNC do wrong?
I could never quite put my finger on what turned it into an inferior sequel.

I will mention one thing that I'm sure will impair Paragon from being good, though.
There is PC and PS4 crossplay, and Epic has stated a bunch of times they will not remove it.
I blame that most of the complaints against it has been crybabies going M-MUH TROLLS and not much else.

Like I said, I haven't played much of it. The few hours I did of it though, I didn't feel as much love for it as the original MNC.

Why exactly did they need to make Gigantic W10, again?
Especially when the beta worked pretty fine for W7.

Assassin was stronger in MNC than it was in SMNC. Mainly because Assault, the robot guy and megabeth shat on her, and sniper had far better midrange potential
t. Person who played sin every day of his life for months on end

Also, worth adding that servers were so unpopulated that you were shit out of luck for not having >100 ping if you weren't a burger.

but I was legitimately disgustingly good at recon in this game. was at the height of my fps/shooter ability around 15-16 or so.

and I had every thing best in slot.. fuck I miss this game so much. I'd just listen to trance.fm and rape kids all day

One good recon for the billion others who sucked ass and decided being swordrecon is a good idea.

And then that F2P update came and everyone rolled recon and the queues just died.

But still, I gotta admit, from what little I've played of Recon back in the day it was fun, but not as fun as poison medic.

Yeah it is a bit of a self fulfilling thing, it didn't get popular enough to have enough people for decent match making, which makes it less popular, which makes match making shit, etc.

Battleborn is 28-30€ in G2A, Kinguin, instant-gaming and the likes.
I'm considering buying it because all my friends have burnt the rest of team shooter games to the brim and they need something new, they bought it and they're having a good time.

However, I'm not convinced even by them, yet. I need a bit of time watching them play to see if It's even worth those 30€.

The rest of the games you posted are shit and Shitborn is the one that smells the least.

yeah, looking back now, I suppose it really was caught in that downward spiral.
Overall, being in competition with valve's chosen cash cow hurt the series terribly.S/MNC shared a fickle user base with TF2, and it never managed to gather the high influx of casuals that TF2 did.
It's kind of similar to the current state that FFXIV is in, it's a superior game in so many aspects, but the fact that it shares a common user base with WOW severely hinders it, and the blind mazes are just going to continue giving Blizzard all their shekels because of emotional attachment and cognitive dissonance.

*blind masses

With what?

I think you need to leave

It's an okay game, nothing special. Granted the characters are hard to master, which adds some replay value

Gigantic seems to be changing. They will release for W7 and W8, but this happens because of partnership with Perfect World.
And those guys are kind of cancer. Gook cancer but still cancer.
I can't remember how cumbersome their game loading client was, but I would really like to do without it.

What do you guys think of the game anyway ? I was in the beta pre W10 and it ran ok, was pretty mobile for an ASSFAGGOT.
But that said it became repetitive extremely fast. It doesn't feel like a game that would keep anyone playing more than a few weeks.

you forgot the 'Multiplayer' descriptor also, user

Holy shit really? Nice.

I really liked it. I can't say I've played much of it, like with SMNC, but I remember enjoying Voden a lot.

AS for repetitiveness I think that just varies on the player. I don't really feel the repetitiveness or the saminess of the game until like a year or so in. It's just the type of person I am also I literally had to play nothing Descent for a year until I could get more money

Wait a second, perfect world? I'm region locked from Perfect World because who knows, shit

It's total fucking garbage, the mechanics were balanced around the shitty ASSFAGGOT mode, so traps are trash, there's a limited map pool and a greater emphasis on individual player abilities instead of focusing on smart trap layout. Plus you have to grind for fucking years to get any trap better than what you start out with.

The simple fact that Health is divided into Health, Shield and Armor already changes the game a lot more than you'd expect.
Tankier characters actually feel tanky but aren't absolutely horrible to fight against while hit&run characters also feel like that, thanks to the shields.
It's the kind of change I'd like to see in TF2 but I know it's never gonna happen because the playerbase can't handle anything more complex than simple HP, while faffing about the complexity of rocketjumping.

You are also holding every single character's movement options against rocketjumping. Pharah can jump too and hover a bit in the air. It's not essentially the same but it does give the player more control than rocketjumping, while things like Lucio wallrun also make for interesting movement maneuvers. Even Mei's icewall let's her reach some neat spots.

I'd say the game is worth the 40 bucks, especially if they keep their promise up. The 60 for the 5 extra skins is kinda ridiculous, only for people with more money than a sound mind.
Keep in mind that it's one of the few games not F2P that came out with what you'd essentially call a demo. Something that could have costed them many sales if the game wasn't that good, and it's likely it convinced many people to buy it.

Also considering how young the game is, I can't wait to see what they add in the future. The Orange Box or just TF2 came out with a pricewall too at first and with a lot less content but it evolved into what it is today.

Gigantic actually looked pretty nice. I liked the whole thing when you respawned or went to base, that you jumped from the sky and landed somewhere to help as well as the titan in your team that you had to help against the other titan. The maps looked quite pretty and very big. I hope that game does alright too.

It's more accurate to say: SCUMSHITCUNTS. Skinnerbox Controlled User-experience Multiplayer Shooters, High Investment, Time Consuming Underdeveloped Non-game Time Sinks. Long but sweet.

Community servers killed themselves. Here's what the typical community server looked like before quickplay:

MEANWHILE, ON VALVE SERVERS:

I actually really miss sprays and wish Valve would enable them on their servers as an opt-in. Like "I know the risks and that some people might have dinks and tits as their sprays, let me see them anyway."

Chinks, always building walls just to piss you off.

fixed it for you

Quickplay is actually the pleb choice.
Just head to the Server Browser, enter Valve as a keyword, has players, is not full, is not password protected.
Then click on latency to have them ordered by the least laggy one possible and pick from top to bottom the one with the number of players or mode you want.

You get a whole list filled with public servers by Valve and you get to play on a server you know the latency, the number of players, the map and the gamemode before you even join. And with no waiting!

If you remove the Valve tag, you're gonna get a list of all "other servers". All the Freak Fortress, Achievement_Idle, Trading_Plaza, 2fort 24/7, orange_map 24/7, and all that crap.
I'm sure that amidst that list lies a super serious competitive server full of seriously good players using stock only and practicing for a championship, but sifting through all that crap just isn't worth it. And what's more, the pros do the same. That's why you often join a server and see the top of the scoreboard going 256 and the second guy is just 45.

Really wish scramble votes actually worked… Even the auto-scramble only works until they switch team and make it all over again.

It's pretty okay, it just has serious performance issues with AMD cards which is what prevented me from getting it.

I'll never get "killing an admin" kicks.

Like if you don't want to be killed why are you even playing, bitchboy?

Also since this is a thread about mourning dead games, why is Alien Swarm dead?

Theres no servers for it anymore. I'd be up for it if someones hosts though