Stellaris lads

Anyone else enjoying Stellaris so far?

Im finding it so-and-so, Distant Worlds by FAR still feels like the superior game. While this feels very casualized.

Also if you feel like playing a multiplayer sesh sometime later or just talking in general:

discord.gg/0uTFsQ55jVUNjs5j

Other urls found in this thread:

queenofzoom.com/2014/02/28/raw-beef-products/
queenofzoom.com/category/raw-feeding/
discordapp.com/invite/0VdRGhTWj2Voml02
mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ
feministgamingmatters.com/
archive.is/SqCxq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what in fuck's name is that picture

!

queenofzoom.com/2014/02/28/raw-beef-products/

Found it !

Also op is a fag

I used to like Pho until I found out what tripe is.

Didn't see that coming.

Looks like Johan opened his purse a little wider than last time to shill his new shit game.

So is this game worth the buy to play casually?
Or should I buy something else that's better? I'm looking for a GMS in the stars.

It looks fun enough.

It ain't worth the money. It's kinda fun, but pretty unstable at present, and there are a bunch of other games in spess that are quite good.

If you want hours of tedious waiting without any depth and almost no replayability that only can be any fun in multiplayer… No, not even then should you buy it.
But DLC will fix it….

Sword of the Stars (the first one) has all features of Stellaris and is vastly better (but turn based with (skippable) real time battles).
Even Sword of the Stars II is better than Stellaris

Sins of a Solar Empire (Rebellion) could be a fun casual spaceempirethingy game for you.

Or play Master of Orion 2, casual enough.

Everything else on my mind would go beyond casual and into mild investment neccesarry.

Stellaris a mixture of SotS and EU

its fun in a relaxing kind of way, its not casual like cawadoody is casual to DF, but more like EU is casual to VickyII

the AI is not Ghandi-tier and doesnt start wars for no fucking reason, you can fight limited wars for annexation and shit.

Its fun for a game I didnt pay 60 bucks for.

Stellaris a mixture of SotS and EU

its fun in a relaxing kind of way, its not casual like cawadoody is casual to DF, but more like EU is casual to VickyII

the AI is not Ghandi-tier and doesnt start wars for no fucking reason, you can fight limited wars for annexation and shit.

Its fun for a game I didnt pay 60 bucks for.

Is there an udpate or something? i pirated form a previous thread

Cool. Ty

Yeah, thread's shite, what the fuck is that OP?

Dammit user I was hungry for some last night and I'm really hungry for some now

Distant Worlds is better. Did what Stellaris was doing far earlier and better. Hell, even Aurora is better if you can get past the interface.

fucking get some menudo then. Goddamn it's good shit

I hope when Trump builds the wall he at least builds a drive-thru window into it

goddamn it I'm hungry but I don't want to go anywhere

I'm pretty sure the game's fucking rigged. I started the game with a white male. Then he got succeeded by an arabian female. Then by an asian female. Then by a sheboon. Then I reloaded and savescummed until I got a realistic leader.

im going to make fried yucca and anchovy over a bed of curtido in your honor

It's "green" tripe. Basically raw ruminant (animals that eat grass and other flora) stomach.

i was considering also trying SotS, which of these 2 games is more complex?

what the fuck is that

My first experience while using the Sweden-tier star trek type government:

Also word of advice: Don't neglect your diplomacy advantages or navy while sitting next to an aggressive empire because your too busy micromanaging colonies. Anyway I'm gonna try again with the same government to see how a multi-empire space federation plays, since I already have a good feeling how a super-military xenophobic game would play from other 4X's

Update to fix lag was deployed on beta a few hours ago

Energy becomes super important once you start having to manage fleets. The moment you take them out of orbit you will start running negative.

SotS in terms of technology and design, the races are more unique in SotS as well. However SotS 2 is fucked in so many ways I don't want to get into

The moment you start building fleets, energy becomes super important. When a single cruiser eats up almost 4 energy per month, and you want to make a whole fleet of them…

kek

Im playing a game as default space-Sweden and from all the races on the map only one is interested in an alliance and the rest are just undoable due to the extreme differences in traits, so I get like -50 approval at equal military. 150 relations and friendly attitude

so what Ive been doing is basically enriching the universe with superior space-Swedish culture and cuckoldry customs

vassalized 4 species species so far and assimilated 3 of them

What did you pick for the Traits and Ethics?

Nigger he flat out states he started with the default vanilla UN civ.

Mad bad faggot I thought he said he was creating a Star Trek civ but even more Swedish

my*

Does anyone have the hard number of how many systems can be in a sector before you start taking an influence hit?

Cant say Ive seen that mechanic, I know you get mad penalties for exceeding direct control, but Ive had up to 10 planets in a sector no biggie.

supposedly in the wiki there's a cap where if you exceed it you start getting negative influence. I've yet to see it yet though

Ye considering the main established penalty for overgrowth is separatists, its gotta be in the 20s at least.

gook :)

You've already lost.

Isn't this how jews are born? I mean look! The little one's nose has formed and everything!

Aren't Jewlings so cute!~

Anyone try playing the Imperium of Man?

I don't like the ship designs at all. They're honestly pretty bad. Wouldn't surprise me if they start selling ship packs as dlc.

wew lads
Just went back to 4cuck /vg/ for the first time in 2 years to check out their thoughts on Stellaris.
Big mistake, the cancer is overwhelming. They're super triggered about the nigger removal mod.
Some choice cuts from the thread so you don't have to look.

You know, that's a fair point. What if I want to play an insect hive type shit? Would most likely only have Queens tbh fam.

But yeah, rest is shit. It's not like Holla Forums is any less retarded though lol.

So is there any part of Stellaris where I can just be there?

You know like physically be there. Like in the world. Playing, walking around a giant holographic map of a battlefield, ordering faggots to make me coffee while I directly tell the units to attack the climate control center and then I ask would be commander Shepard to do some recon on so and so faggot of the other faction?

Please tell me this game exists…

PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!!

if you want to be a big boy and fight in wars, why don't you just do it pussy?

I saw that too

it even has beard

What in the holy fuck is that?
I can't tell if it's a beautiful crystal or a hideous lump of organic matter.

Everyone in the game seems to fucking despise you if you aren't a democracy

Only problem I have with Distant Worlds is the non-scaling hud, unless they've fixed it. A 27" monitor isn't good enough to play at 1440p for me; meanwhile they blur text like a kike in the hud when it's not native resolution (even native resolution isn't good). It's alright; I'll just leave it to play for when I have a 45" 4k monitor some day.

So far I'm enjoying Hyperspace way more then Warp.

It's called Realism user.

apparently its dog food

queenofzoom.com/category/raw-feeding/

Expansion and colonisation probably triggers them

Maybe there's a reason dogs have limited colour perception

C'mon man, I just shat.

Anyone tried a multiplayer game yet?
I'm thinking of doing a Federation of Men xeno purging with a friend.
Can you start off being aware of each other or do you have to discover your pals?

That would require actually buying the game user

Just use Mark's Holla Forumscord, you dummy.
discordapp.com/invite/0VdRGhTWj2Voml02

What, they finally removed the option of Hamachi / Direct IP / some other shit for pirates to play? Cause that would be pretty gay since I'm holding out on seeing what mods come out and how I'm enjoying the late game before shelling 40 euros.

Games surprisingly fun though, kept me more interested in it than SOTS and Distant Worlds somehow.

All the other points are valid (the one on energy is a bit shaky - it becomes super important with bigger fleets) but what were you expecting from xenophobes?

I can't tell if I'm enjoying the game or not, I'm just kind of aimlessly doing shit without feeling any emotional impact whatsoever, but at the same time I'm not stopping.

Is this was playing a grand strategy is like?

No. Grand strat is historically themed so in the player's mind there's almost always a concrete goal for certain borders/internal state of affairs.

I don't understand. my first strategy game.

my favorite collection of memes

you can get it for 25% off at GMG…

You need to have a pop (person) on the tile with the building in order to get the production benefits of the building.

Damn, this game is shallow as fuck. Also some crashes from events.

Pretty much dead in the water on that first game. I do like the ability to be Holla Forums incarnate though, can't wait to take planets and enslave their inhabitants.

wew lads
Make Space Great Again

It's about the intercept, not the chase. Get to a system that's ahead of them.

I feel dirty, but if nothing else the guy writing the patch notes understands their core demographic.

You should feel dirty. Their ads also feature a space creature wearing a make space great again hat.

cant

its the space amoebas and the gas grazers and shit

they go to a system, and when they move they go like 10 systems away in one jump

so you either have a ship right nearby to get them before they jump or they just jump around constantly

the bigger you get the more they move through your territory so you end up with "hostile fleet detected" over and over and over and over and over

There's a crack with multiplayer function on it.

It's fun playing multiplayer I guess, still haven't gotten in a war with the ayyliums near me though.

It's shit. DW is indeed much better, but still not that great. Master of Orion 2 still is better. Modern devs are retards.

Does anyone have the mods that remove all non-white portraits and names?

I only have the portrait mod.

mega.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ

Make folder "mod"
Paste contents into folder "mod"
Enable in launcher
The kangz are gone

So what are the best starting weapons and FTL methods?

I lost my last game due to being right next to powerful xenos.

Also does anyone have any Swastika emblem mods yet?

Since none of you fags have posted the mega yet
mega:///#!h9ZRVIAQ!FWNfFnfeHjKF4tC3Hb08Rn43lyTKcRD081IqL1yM7ag

Not sure aboud the swastika, but I would enjoy that.

pic related.

I'm having luck with missile spam early on. But then it's all about whether or not the research wants to let you get upgraded missiles now or 100 years down the line.

And wormhole master race. I too am playing a cross between space nazis and the imperium of man.

Suffer not the alien to live. I just wish the other races would stop getting so uppity about my constant genocides. I made the mistake of genociding the only empire which had a positive opinion of genocide early on.

Fug, any fag who got it remember the password for the rar?

Anyone try the warhammer conversion mod yet? On the shitworkshop.

Laser and Wormhole

too bad the irony was lost on them

Anyone know how to increase the amount of directly controlled planets? Without changing to a democracy.

Research.

I grinned

Missiles can't miss unless the enemy has point defense systems, which the majority do not.

Pretty funny how that works. They had a positive opinion of their own ongoing genocide.

kind of like most white people

Hope you're purging the shit out of xenos, boys.

This is going to be complete ass rape

Just wait until a fallen civilization pops up and assrapes you for building an outpost in their general vicinity.

Will terraforming remove planet modifiers? Is there a point in terraforming a planet with 0% habitability?

Playing on a tiny map and had some progenitors show up immediately. I have a tiny merchant nation as a buffer state.

I'm scared

Extreme xenophobic here. The xenos must be purged.

That Tumblr must be a source of maximum lulz

you built a colony on their holy world didnt ya ya cheeky cunt

Progenitors usually have to be actively provoked to do anything. They dont build and they dont expand, they just stockpile and sit on pre-built units.

feministgamingmatters.com/
From her blog:

Apparently nigger and Arab civilizations were peace loving multicultural utopias unlike us evil westerners.

You can tell from reading her blog that she doesn't play any of the games she writes about. She simply blogs about whatever game is most popular among normalfags at this time. She is a huge fan of Cisquisition and extremely hyped for Overwatch and the next Civ.

Completely retarded, the critics about the lack of options in diplomacy and having to enforce everything through force is legit but the way she puts it is retarded.

No, they're a ringworld fallen empire. They'll fuck you over if you build a colony or outpost too close to their borders. I built an outpost that was a decent distance away and they demanded I abandon 5 planets because of it.

How did you build that thing?

It's not mine, but I fully intend on capturing it once I can match their spaceborne power. I just got the geneseed tech to make space marines, so I'm going to invade the fuck out of it as soon as I can.

Build more warp beacon trips.

I chose to use basic warp travel what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Sorry, I thought you went warp drive master race

What's the best FTL method, Traits, Government type, ect exactly?

God damn it I keep getting fucked over

Wormhole seems like the best FTL method. I havent tried the second one (hyperspace?) but was underwhelmed with the first kind.

Wormhole is awesome for projection of power. A few fleet in key locations can react extremely fast in a big area.

Hyperspace plays exactly like it does in Empire at War, but it makes it really easy to get parts of your empire cut off due to the way borders work. Wormhole is the most flexible, but wormhole stations are vulnerable to enemy attacks and need to be traveled to before a fleet can jump.

IGN actually gave a good review for once. Stellaris got a 6.3

archive.is/SqCxq

Does anyone know what happens in the late game?

I heard that you have to deal with Nids, Interdimensional energy beings, or a Robot uprising.

My neighbour is currently fighting off a robot uprising. I'm just watching and laughing. Who the fuck research and build Abominable Intelligence?

Exactly, that's what I found most appealing. That and the fact that you can travel past any planets with hostile forces that would otherwise need to be traveled to before traveling to some unexplored star beyond it, which would send back any science ships making the stars beyond unexplorable.

With how fast the jump occurs, travelling to a station doesn't seem like much of a drawback.

The rest of the galaxy had a brief robo-beta uprising, but I never got it, despite researching sentient research AI and torturing it with it's sense of self preservation in combat scenarios to make my ships more effective.

Is there an AI tech that makes them self-aware? The description of the robots makes me believe they're incapable of any thought or emotion and are only useful for mining shit.

Ye. And it is red, red like danger.

You can enslace or simply purge the xeno if you want

How does colonization work? For example I have a message like "does not have tropical colonization" what does that even mean? Would making a simple colonization ship going to be enough? And it seems like I should be able to colonize outside of the boarders of my empire, right?

You need to reserach it

Yes

Problem with that save was that the people trapping me in were more powerful, so any engagement was doomed to failure. And they would only get stronger.

My policy will be genocide from now on

If you heavily abduct machine-age people for a while, they'll form an X-com like organization to stop you.

The best strategy is to help them reach space age, wait until they expand and build shit and then integrate them and immediately genocide them. You get a mountain of resources and much free land.

About to purge an otherkin

Heresy gross and foul
The vilest heresy short of Chaos worship
Purge the unclean

Invade the planet, enslave the populous, and ship them off to a world where they have 0% habitability.

Pretty spot on.

It has the foundations of a really good space 4X game. Sure, it will never be as deep as the autism simulators, but it's got a slick interface and pleasant visuals, plus potentially hassle free gameplay.

The trouble is that key elements seem to be missing.

If these things were fixed it would be a pretty fun game, but as it is fighting battles with AI is impossibly tedious. Recruiting directly to an army in EU4 was a great idea, why didn't they just put it in this game?

Research didn't bother me as much though. I like the slow pace since it allows more tactical battles with a design before it becomes obsolete (I hate games like civ where you can skip a whole bunch of techs without getting to use them). The randomness also adds variety to repeated games, and increases uncertainty about future tech in a realistic manner. Tech trees encourage beelining and degenerate, hyper-optimal strategies.

The SJWism is really annoying though.

Give me a break. If humanity ever goes to space it's going to be a space segregated between whites and chinks. If you think you have customers who want this communist fantasy (you don't), fine, make it an option. But why force niggers and muslims on normal people trying to relax? Some thanks after they've supported your company with their money.

Hello friend, fix one of your glaring issues here:

I don't know what this means, what does it mean?
Fairly inconvenient
This is the most annoying horseshit, also I get that sectors are really great for reducing micromanagement, but what if I want to take direct control for a little to fix something they've fucked up? Why is it mandatory?
There's no option on the ship themselves but you can select em and then right click the system on the galaxy map and select "research projects", and also "survey system". If you hold shift you can chain it to survey as many systems as you click on.
You can also right click on systems with a construction ship selected and click "Build mining stations" and "build research stations" and chain it in the same way. Although sometimes I would prefer it not to build on everything in a system because mining stations mean you can't colonise a world if it's habitable.