Angry 'comedy' shows

Particularly late night shows.

What the fuck is the reason for this stuff staying relatively popular?

Personally I'd rather watch Lets Plays on Youtube than some guys angrily ranting about politics on a late night show.

I'd think it'd be simple enough just to do gags about most anything else in pop culture, but yet it feels like their anger regarding politics has made it difficult for them to view pop culture as anything except being angry about Trump. The seething animosity that they have for so many people is kinda hard to ignore and just makes it hard to really understand what's so enjoyable about this stuff.

Its ratings are decreasing, and liberals watch this shit like it’s a church service.

Holla Forums has actually elevated guys who want to be Johnny Carson to be their ‘voices’ and ‘consciences.’ It’d be hysterical, if only these people couldn’t vote.

Stephen and Jon used to be funny back in the Daily Show. The reason why Jon quit TDS was because he realised he had to suck Hilary's dick in future. So he was all like "fuck that im gonna hire someone else to take the bullshit."

It's 2017, everything is constant inescapable politics. Want to have fun? Well you better grab your coat and go outside because every entertainment medium and website is saturated with the most droll predictable commentary on current events without exception

This is why it doesn't bother me when people accuse me of living in the past like it's a bad thing.

Not really. You were just a kid and didn’t realize how bad their ironic hipster humor was.

Stewart was always a cloying asshole who pretended he was a clown when people challenged him and then acted like a moral crusader the next chance he got. He was an unfunny bore on his ‘legendary’ appearance on Crossfire.

They aren't? Their ratings have been decreasing for years with the brief increase from Trump's election already receding. Its just some sperg who constantly posts this shit on cuckchan and Holla Forums that makes you think its popular.

The audience that watches it only watch it to confirm their bias.

This. I went back and watched some of their old stuff and it's really hard to watch.

Did you go to my rally goyim?

You also have to realize the outdated importance put on late night shows by Media.

An entire generation of comedians grew up envying Johnny Carson and later David Letterman and Jay Leno. The media is full of people who remember those days and see late night talk shows as the pinnacle, because in 1983 Johnny Carson was like a God. They pine for the days there were six channels.

The funny thing about cultural marxists is that although they believe they are the future, they’re antiquated. They’re like Scientologists in how they developed an ideology in one tech level and can’t adapt it.

So they pimp these shows ceaselessly on youtube and places. News channels talk about it. Fake twitter accounts promote it. It’s become a political tool, something Democrats link to each other as clapter or send to conservative relatives to try to convince them. But as actual entertainment? No one watches it for that. And that’s why it fails.

Yeah they are on the back foot now but eventually the fossils will be put to pasture and a more relevant strategy will be put forth. Of course if they aren't funnier than the current vanguard of online/social media attempts by the younger generation then it won't help. Eventually someone with some wit and drive will start making some waves though.

Well there's at least a few million people that watch this stuff, which isn't that huge a number, but like most average youtubers like Markiplier are infinitely better entertainment.

I still remember when they'd do bits like the fake cooking segments or whatever else. They could be fun when they wanted to be and they made fun of some legitimately goofy stuff. Even the crossfire thing felt like it made sense at the time since a lot of the political debates they'd get into just felt so pointless.

In retrospect the reason Jon Stewart seemed sensible is because he went at the lowest hanging fruit and those people on the right that he talked to didn't feel the need to counter with similar ferocity. Watching Stewart's appearance on Crossfire it's hard to imagine how he could have fared well if Tucker Carlson had pressed him on his partisan nature the way he'd likely do so today. Instead you have Tucker there seeming eager to just be polite and allow Stewart to have the spotlight which let him direct the emotional flow of the conversation.

That was really more a Craig Killborn thing. The show was funny then and not particularly political. Stewart’s involvement was cancerous because he started moralizing.

They were shooting for a ‘lighter’ segment having had on senators and pundits and Stewart acted like a faggot. Tucker was desperately trying to get him to make jokes.

The show stayed decent for a few years even if it did start veering more towards proselytizing towards the end of the Bush era.

Over the course of the Bush years Stewart kept on getting more and more smoke blown up his ass for how he could be ultra partisan while pretending to be neutral due to being a 'comedian'. But there were a few years where he seemed decent.

They're nowhere near as popular as you'd believe.
Steven Colbert's show only pulls in around 2,800,000-3,500,000 million viewers per episode. In comparison, Sam Hyde's relatively obscure show pulled in over a 1,000,000 views on its debut and finale. The average JonTron episode gets more views than all but maybe two late night talk shows.
That should tell you The Late Show and all those other late night shows have artificial popularity. YouTube always promotes them on the front page and there are often articles written about "Steven Colbert brutally taking down Trump".

Jews push them because they are literally propaganda machines. Liberals obsesses over since the election broke them and they need someone austisticaly screeching about Trump to sleep at night.

Fucking hell what happened to late night TV? Every "joke" now is just the one note "LOl DRUMPF is dumbz am I rite goys!" shit. I don't remember it being this bad even in the Bush era.

I forgot to post this.
Let this tell you these people are nowhere near as relevant or popular as they desperately want you to believe.
World Peace got roughly the same amount of viewers as Last Week Tonight. A random fuck on the internet made a show equally as popular as something Jon Oliver hosts.

KEK that gif is amazing
dubs confirm the propaganda jewish tricks checked

Pretty funny how the majority of them are consistently outdone by retards who play video games on the internet, and even Jimmy Fallon doesn't compare to the bigger youtubers. What a time to be alive.

People always say television is losing to the internet, but that's not true; television has already lost.
Nobody under 30 uses MTV to watch music videos or CNN to get news anymore, they use JewTube and Twitter.

t. Blumpfkins triggered no one likes his humpfy dumpfy

Television will have to morph like radio did. Radio’s gossamer thread to keep existing was automobiles: you can’t watch TV in a car, so radio had a market it didn’t have to worry about. And since liberals dismissed it as fossilized in the 60s, conservatives moved in.

Where TV can survive is local affiliates tailoring programming to their region. The internet is bad at local news or culture by its nature, where a TV station can do well with people who want to know about their region. Get enough eyeballs so local car dealerships and other businesses have a reason to buy advertising and you can survive.

This is cold comfort to Jews at 30 rock though, who saw Talmudvision as an easy way to turn goyim into zombie cucks that would support whatever they wanted.

Only retard-liberals getting their views confirmed and old boomers watching talk-shows out of habit, wanting to see celebrities and shit like they used to on the Johnny Carson-show.

Jay Leno-show was always kino, even if the faggotry ((comics)) and ((media)) claimed ((Letterman)) or Conan was the funnier shows.

only old ugly loser people watch this shit because they're braindead idiots without any ability to think or chose for themselves

My problem with shows like this is that mentally challenged narcissists like Trump are such low-hanging fruits. I prefer listening to real comedians who aren't afraid to attack everyone like Jimmy Dore.

People like feeling edgy and controversial while still having relatively safe opinions.

I have a recipe to fix America.

Whenever you see a jew push an american against another american, punch him in the face.

Happening with Cinema's now also. I was a actually shocked the last big franchise cinema's here have gone back to playing older films people actually like to get asses back in seats. Watching Predator again on the big screen was sex.

Woah you guys really opened my eyes, these are mind control shows? Wow, it really made me think. So crazy how those silly ol' liberals are always going on about Trump. It's like they are obsessed with Trump or something! Whatever will they do next? Very astute observations here, I can't believe nobody's ever said this before.

We’re not here to entertain you, faggot.

Clearly, you're dull as fuck

The problem is they don't put out good content on TV anymore. They setup shows to be formulaic for writers so they don't have to do any real work. If they hired actual writers/comedians/commentators/journalists, they'd get some traffic back, but the tide has already changed in the direction of the internet. They got lazy and now they're paying for it.

Goon detected

TWO SCOOPS BOFNAR KRURN

colbert peaked at strangers with candy. stewart was only funny because bush was dumbfuck.

Jew spotted and reported.
you disgust me

Hard hitting talk show hosts on TV are a thing of the past, only slanderers remain. The ratings are so small that they could get any comic and get nearly the small ratings.

You were the cancer, I hope you realize that.

Then why wasn't Lil' Bush funny?

Gee more politics and impotent rage I sure am worked up, never seen this before, makes me so ang…zzzzzzz

Very assmad goon detected. Go ahead and hunt for more images to tell me how disinterested you are.

Such a pity…

Because like with AVGN it appeals to a flustered portion of faggots that couldn't find something that caters to themselves anywhere else.
nu-Holla Forums has breitbart, Holla Forums has faggot e-celebs, and poleddit has the entire MSM.

Holla Forums doesn't allow e-celeb shit though
they have an entire rule against it

So it's another kind of faggot that keeps posting vidya focused e-celebs on this board.

throwing shoes at an elected official is funny tho

They turned late night tv that Carson made so comfy and turned it into a bitchy political soapbox. They will keep trying to convince themselves that their dismal ratings are good.

not a comedian but by far the angriest """comedian""" I've seen

Sorry to interject here but /poleddit/ is a pejorative of Holla Forums and /reddipol/ is a pejorative of Holla Forums. Please get it right before posting again.

t. creator of the memes

ackchually both mean Holla Forums, /leftypl/ is itself an insult

Spotted the newfags tbh

Both refer to Holla Forums which is reddit's local HQ.

t. re-writers of history

LEAVE JAMES ALONE
HE'S THE NICEST MAN ON THE INTERNET, YOU SHARK

Okay Jon, we get it, you’re sorry for quitting The Daily Show

t. sudocuck
You tried to co-opt our meme and we're not going to let you have it no matter how badly you want to be BO

What I don't get is how comedy went from super liberal people like George Carlin and Robin Williams who were genuinely funny to these teacher's pets. They're like the kids in school who ratted everyone out so the could get a pat on their head. They're no counter culture at all. They play it safe and that's why it's they're so dull.

imagine getting mad at television for being shitty
Holla Forums

bump4

although i like your comment

Seriously, though, the normie liberals at work all watch SNL religiously, they're always speaking positively about the latest PLUMPF posting. "DID YOU SEE THE ONE WHERE HE THOUGHT AN 'ILLEGAL ALIEN' WAS AN ALIEN FROM OUTER SPACE? PLUMPF BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!!!!" I didn't even enjoy those shitty routines when I was a liberal and agreed with the overall gist. This material is laser-targeted to viewers in roughly the 30‒70 percentile range of intelligence, liberal-leaning, lacking in curiosity or any desire to gain a deeper understanding of the world, aside from NAZIS BAD, BROWN PEOPLE GOOD. To them, there is no greater dopamine rush than having one of these low-information comedians give wish fulfillment and validation to their liberal sentiments.

For further reference, see embed related (youtube video ID TB7bnWx2i_8).

I would assume it's like when you go often to the same establishment, and the server(s) get accustomed to your order and say like "the usual?". And since they're professional caterers, they just give him the usual without asking him every time if he wants the extra scoop that he always has. Whereas one scoop's otherwise the norm. But naturally, if anybody else requested another scoop, they would get one. And if some individual ate often with the president and always ordered two scoops, then the same caterers would just start giving him two scoops by default.

kys

I have to believe that each latest Drumpf rant that is instantly trending with like 2 million views on YouTube must have some kind of inflated views, have used bots, paid to have YouTube put it on the front page, or a combination of all three. Just watching one of these skits out of curiosity, there is into ounce of humor or wit in any of them and is outright painful to watch, all the time thinking: there can't be a human alive, liberal or not, who can honestly find this funny.

This is why IDs would pretty much be the end of sudocuck.

Being shitty is one thing, but being shitty because there are political narratives you're trying to push in a coordinated effort with others is just insulting to the very concept of entertainment.

He was always cancer I didn't even find him funny when I was left leaning in high school. A few of the segments on his show featuring his correspondents were usually fairly funny, but Stewarts entire schtick when he wasn't just straight up preaching was just saying things in "le funny accent".

gand eggsbegd drupquqs 2 tink 2bh, dads y der gald druppy guppies dey god de breyns ub vish

It's no wonder he gets so mad whenever someone says IDs would be a good idea. That's all other would take to turn this from a shitpost central into a kino paradise.

The great pig spirit demands IDs.

Absolutely pathetic. Can the mods just start banning these faggots? At least truthseeker and drumpfsperg were amusing, these guys actually think they are hot shit with totally unique opinions rather than carbon copies of other Holla Forumsedditors or Holla Forumsyps and their political posting is getting way out of hand now. Anchoring the occasional thread isn't a solution, they are posting so much because the mods are letting them. I'm starting to think the politisperg is either the mod or the BO now.

Why are you letting these unfunny faggots ruin the board?

This. If you aren't going to delete their posts at least make it slightly more difficult for them to derail threads with samefaggotry and pplitisperging.

Why'd you refer to Holla Forums twice?

It's boring and it isn't funny.

the normie flags are flying in full color with this (#resist)poster

Theaters near me are doing the same thing. I've seen multiple older movies at midnight shows but I haven't seen a new release since spring.

Perhaps you should create your own board. Oh wait, you did, and no one came.