Will anyone be interested in Minecraft BETA server?

Will anyone be interested in Minecraft BETA server?

I feel like playing Minecraft again, but I don't like all the new shit they've added and I'm thinking of hosting an oldschool server of the last good version that is Beta 1.7.3

Would be nice to play with you boys

Other urls found in this thread:

nova225.deviantart.com/art/Minecraft-Server-060809-1-132891707
mega.nz/#!0Y8TRBgT!yePRxo-J6ACycad8nEKM2KWXgI26bCjkpuEgpzb9Uew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You disgust me
Get out of my sight.

You can stop pretending to have a taste now and update to a better version with more content.

It's the last good version of Minecraft before they started adding hunger, experience and all that crap

why not just play minetest?

Just use the current version and get a mod for old world generation, hunger is pretty trivial to deal with.

I'm disappointed Holla Forums.

What was so good about Beta 1.7.3 again? I forgot, I've lost track of what all the updates were, there's been so goddamned many minor updates since I first started playing pre-infdev.

Also how's the new combat update anyway? I haven't played for a while.

Oh, that explains that. That's when the shitty hunger mechanic got added in.

Is it any good now?

I haven't played since probably first releases when it was fun just to break the servers.

I'm currently downloading the latest build, let's see how's things going with this game.

Last update before hunger and villages were added.

Isn't hunger an old thing in Minecraft?

The last good version of minecraft was the version just before the infinite world update, back when the water flowed rapidly and could suddenly flood all your shit if you broke the wrong block.
As soon as the worlds became infinite, water turned into slow-moving blue putty, and the world generation became lazy and boring. Floating hell islands with lava instead of water and sky above and below was the best way to start.

Has it truly been that long?

I'd play. The only time I play minecraft nowadays is on the >>>/2b2t/ server, but that doesn't change the fact that everything went to shit in the Adventure Update.

the new combat is probably the best thing to have been added this entire time, enemies move around and don't just run in a straight fuckin line

Betas playing inside a Beta?

i wonder if microsoft will eventually add this into the game

Not saying they were any better before [CURRENT YEAR] either.

im not saying they would do it out of goodwill, i am saying they are running out of ideas for the game and that this would be a logical step

also where the fuck is the 1.7.3 server

why not use mods

fuck off

actually, I forget where the alpha ends and the beta starts. where cakes already beta?

Someone actually recently found and converted this old world to 1.9 and provided a download link for it and a classic texture pack. It's super comfy.

nova225.deviantart.com/art/Minecraft-Server-060809-1-132891707
mega.nz/#!0Y8TRBgT!yePRxo-J6ACycad8nEKM2KWXgI26bCjkpuEgpzb9Uew

Yes, I actually will.

Once you start doing something larger than building babby's first dirt huts, you're going to want to jump down things and use enderpearls a lot.

Having to carry around and waste inventory space for non-stackable "health potions" to heal any minor wound is fucking stupid.

there are no ender pearls in 1.7.3. there arent even endermen nor the end

Holla Forums is too cancerous to do such a thing
/tg/ does have a server up though, but it should never be pointed out to the autists, they're the reason why Holla Forums never hosts any sandbox games

If you're building anything larger than a dirt hut, just fucking use creative mode. There is literally nothing to be gained by building large structures in survival except the satisfaction(?) that it took you 10 times longer to complete it.

Minecraft seems to be similar to DF as far as building goes in that both aren't really designed around building up but rather building in and down, carving out intricate mountain halls and fortresses.

Yeah, the bullshit skeletons that shoot faster as you get closer to them back away from you as you try to approach them, and mobs actively push each other around.
Not exactly a big improvement, the combat update is shit and combat in minecraft will never actually be the dark souls combat that pvp autists want it to be.

The only idea they ever had for the game was saving a fuck ton in taxes by buying a foreign company and using minecraft as a part of their new curriculum to educate children how to get started in programming in order to further saturate the IT fields with half baked "coders" and drive down the value of IT jobs to ensure perpetual minimum wage employment, because why pay anyone who knows what they're doing when you can hire two people with no idea what they're doing to do a terrible job in half the time for a fifth of the cost and blame the consumers for having inadequate hardware when the software fails to run?

It's just too bad that building down sucks when the majority of biomes only allow you to dig from y-level 64 to y-level 2 because of the scattered bedrock. You can't build many grand scale things in under 64 meters vertically, unless you go out of your way to find a mountainous biome or use the amplified world generator.
This is why I consider minetest to be the better candidate if you want to build grand scale shit, since the worlds are 62000 cubed, with a building height that extreme you could build just about anything.

What did you expect from him? Good taste?

What's it feel like being wrong?

Holy hell, you're paranoid.

why do people like you even play the game? what is the fun of a game without plot, resource management, anything? except redstone machines, there is no reason at all to play minecraft in creative mode

I actually started liking villages after a while, I feel less lonely, and I like to play "let's see how much time I can keep all the villagers alive"
Have been hating everything new since the underwater temples.

i dont. im not really a big pvp player but i found pvp really fun. every new game devolved into a hunt to find the nearest town for free crops and the chest in the blacksmith building where the entire game would then further devolve into battles commonly forming at the fucking town and nothing else because its a point of familiarity where you would commonly find others. also i dont know about anyone else, but ever since towns were introduced and then later dungeons and all this additional fluff i have not built a single house. i find it completely pointless when there are already prebuilt houses/dungeons, less a sandbox and more a quest to find the next precedurally generated sculpture leading to the end, a completely pointless endgame for something supposed to be designed to be pointless, a SANDBOX

The problem is they're kinda pointless. Most of the buildings are empty, and the villagers don't do much but trade, which involves a incredibly rare item as currency.

Plus in contrast to your reasoning, and while I sorta don't care anymore, I really didn't like the idea of any other humans existing in singleplayer. I felt Steve being the only guy added to the experience; just one lone character exploring the world and trying to survive and conquer it.

You hated it that they finally added something to the utterly barren oceans?

I'm still annoyed about the end. They only added the stupid endgame because idiots keep begging for Minecraft to have an endgame, as if they missed the entire point of Minecraft.

And it's the most superficial, superfluous endgame possible too.

I miss old Minecraft

There is no plot in Minecraft. There is no "resource management" other than shoving a bunch of chickens in a pen near your spawn so you have enough food to eat because hunger has always been a trivial mechanic. I play Minecraft to build stuff. The "gameplay" for the most part just gets in the way because I have to grind mining for four motherfucking hours should I feel like placing a single diamond block somewhere.

It's not paranoia when it's the logical step for corporations to make in order for CEO's to fatten their own wallets.
The whole "safe space for girl coders" agenda didn't get started because women are "under represented in the field". IT remains one of the highest paying fields, and as microsoft has proven for the past 15 years, you can always shift the blame of bad coding onto the consumer's "inadequate" hardware, so why not hire a bunch of pampered little cunts with no experience or skill to do a half assed job for less than half the cost of a small team of skilled software engineers, a shit job still gets done, the blame is still shifted onto the consumer, and the CEO's get a fat bonus. It's already happened in other fields, where skilled workers are culled, a bunch of unskilled workers are brought in, and they expect the last skilled worker to train the noobies for free so they can have more employees that work for peanuts.

Anyone got the Quentin comic on FLAOT?

Yeah, so I've set up a server

Let's see how it goes

i know one of the autists who wouldn't even give minecraft a chance until it had a clear endgoal. once the end came about he still didn't want to even try the game. such a garbage ending that pleased nobody, i have personally never even 'beaten' the fucking game because i see no point in a sandbox