The Culling

Does anyone else play this? Share tales of murder and mayhem and tips on how to git gud

I saw some gameplay of it and the long ass combats turn me off. It takes 5 minutes to kill someone. No thanks.

If you're trying to punch each other to death and the other guy kept running away, maybe, otherwise nah. Most fights don't last much longer than about 30 seconds unless they're really evenly matched, at least from what I've seen.

here you go mr Viral marketer

goodbye shill

why are you so damn obvious

You know he actually does like the game right?

Minecraft was a fucking mistake.

I play it sometimes on my brothers steam. This one's gimmick from other survival games is that it's competition based, like hunger games or similar stuff. One round lasts 25 minutes by default but the winner is usually decided between the 15-20 minute mark. Last man or team standing wins depending on which mode you're playing. There's crafting but they only help you at the beginning, you must scavenge buildings for better weapons, traps and gadgets if you want to survive. There's also a currency system. You gain money by exploring, selling items and hitting/killing people. You need money to call your airdrop you previously chose or to open blue crates which contain higher tier weapons, explosives, or even guns you can't find from lockers. There's perks and they regularly bring balance patches to even them out and they succeed, nothing feels OP or UP (except guns) and you always have a chance at winning the game. You unlock new airdrops and new costumes (which can serve as camouflage) by playing and not dying in the first 5 minutes. It's a bummer that you have to "earn" costumes bit by bit. Also the announcer in this game has some really fun speeches when someone gets killed, you're healing yourself at a terminal or got shot by an alarm gun but with the latest patch they also added some really cringeworthy reddit tier ones.

But my biggest complain is that the combat feels very clunky and often it's hard to tell what's happening with the camera keep shaking because muh realism. And as expected, guns are op as fuck.

It's a fun game, it tries something different than the usual survival formula but has all the problems this generation brings.

it's surprisingly good. more similar to Smash TV than Rust.

but I wouldn't recommend it for more than a $5 sale unless you have a boner for it. who knows if they'll even finish the game.

The game's alright, but gets stale fast. The variety of encounters has been fairly limited, and the map feels relatively small from my experience, so replayability is limited as well. If the devs can add more maps and maybe more equipment I think the game will fare a lot better.

Look who's back

Guns aren't so bad because of how expensive ammo is to make. My biggest gripe is that you can't use medkits while running but every other stim type med can be used on the move.

If you check their Trello, they're planning more map types once common requests have come through. Stuff like urban, desert, and volcano seem to be popular.

So far I like it much better than Rust. Updates seem fairly regular but judging by the reviews they keep flip-flopping on combat stuff to try and get it right, which is just ending up pissing people off.

You win by stunlocking

Ill look into it when if it ever gets released

I saw Sing Sing from Dota play it. It looks like it can get boring very fast, and it's trying to spam memes like Borderlands (In other words, the announcer is trying to be too zany).

Way too limited to justify a purchase let alone more than a few playthroughs.

I want off this ride.

Its actually more of an arena shooter with a little bit of crafting.

I tried it after watching vinesauce play it, and I didn't have much fun with it. the hand to hand shit is boring, and its hard to aim.

I wish Holla Forums wouldn't hate survival games. Its a new genre, not rehashes of existing games. Its the 90s with fps