/ogc/ - Aquila 303

Welcome to /ogc/, a place to discuss racing games of all kinds. Sims, Arcade racers, Futuristic, realistic, doesn't matter as long as it involves racing.

Ask questions, post questions, reply to questions, bullshit about upcoming games, have fun.

Mumble Server Information:

Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/n64/198780-star-wars-episode-i-racer/faqs/2520
github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases
burnouthints.webs.com/vanity-pack
youtube.com/watch?v=iXxcjCNkHCU
archive.is/WYJ8P
youtube.com/user/DelkoDuck
floopydisc.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=lH7eBCTu_eM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sega Rally 4 when?

when sega gets their shit together

which is fucking never

Didn't get a response in the last thread; where did I fuck up with importing an interior into a car for NFS4 (Kainoh's Veyron) that results in the interior model being loaded, but not the texture?

The McLaren interior's a placeholder btw, will replace it with one that better resembles the actual Veyron interior once I figure out how it all works.

Don't want to go to the deserted ghost town that is NFSCars to answer my question (what the fuck happened to that site btw; was thriving as recently as 5 years ago), would much rather get an answer here.

All I did was export the Dash.fce and Dash.fsh from the F1 and imported them into the Bugatti's car.viv. As you can see from the second screenshot, the texture is registered in NFS Wizard, but in the game it's a completely white interior. I tried it with the default M5's dashboard too, same result.

That song actually made it into NFS 15 in the Legends update which is pretty cool. Shame a crack hasn't come out yet. The vinyl maker looks great.

New Sega GT when? Why is SEGA actually good with racing games?

What are some good racing games for PC that play well with a gamepad and can be obtained and made to run on modern systems easily?

Emulations also welcome but preferably not something that's super obvious like GT2 etc.

That reminds me: I wonder when 90's arcade racer is going to come out. That's supposed to be on the Wii U. Lol, they're better hurry up.

Need for speed titles all play well with a pad. if you want to relax your definition of "Modern" then Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Which requires a bit of finagling to get running but is little more then finding a patch. is fun for a bit.

The last 90's arcade racer update was in November 1st of 2015, I'd say if it's not dead then it's just gonna get dropped as a half baked gameWhich sucks because it's not like there's much in the way of composition.

Dekotora mod for ATS when?

Is this going to be a vicious cycle for SCS? With ETS people made American trucks, now with ATS people with make Japanese box trucks so the next truck sim will be in Japan where people will mod in European trucks.

As a note the Final Boss/Secret Truck in Big Mother Truckers is a Dekotora Shame there's no good quality intro that has Born to be wild instead of whatever the fuck the other one is and I can't be arsed to record it

Recently booted up GT4 again. I cant help but love it. And I'm not saying this because of notalgia either because I only got it less than 2 years ago with my PS2 (I was never much into consoles until I got older). I got a PS3 and GT6 shortly thereafter but I like GT4 more.

Any other PS2 racing games (that are not on PC preferably) you can recommend /ogc/? I already have the first three Burnout games, NFS HP2, Carbon and MW.

Are you Emulating or doing it on original hardware? Anyways the good thing about the PS2 is you can choose at random and get a good racing game. We were spoiled for choice back then, but give these a try if you haven't Though Hit and Run can be played on PC

Tourist Trophy is a PS2 exclusive I believe, it's basically a motorcycle standalone version of GT4.

At

So is there anything coming out that's worth talking about? Maybe that Speed Elixir game that got mentioned last thread?

i relate to that

MS finally adding non-vsync to UWA. Maybe this will solve F6's sorta tearing issues.

Is there a way to increase the number of laps in the original GRID?

I hate having to bin it or win it every race; it's not even a sprint with the stock lap numbers it's a spasm.

n i g g a

I forgot to mention I also a Tokyo Xtreme Racer. Will look into those you mentioned, thank you.

Not really into motorcycles, but it certainly looks quite nice. Will also look into this one, thank you.

Why not? You cant contact your bro?

So that's a no?

Anyways hope you have fun. Should point out that Test Drive:Eve of Destruction is hilariously overpriced these day But worth at least a $20. And ChoroQ And by extension "Road Trip Adventures" and "Seek and Destroy" are more RPG's then racing games, just be advised.

Have some more suggestions.

Distance just got a big update anyone got a drm free link?

sucubus stole him from me.

Holy fuck, how did I forget about Rumble Racing? That was the absolute tits.

How is Grid Autosport? I was looking into playing TOCA 3 but saw that Grid is the newest title in the series.

Yeah, kinda shitty that they remove features with every game. Hot Pursuit 2 was not a bad game, I liked it, but I hated how a lot of things from previous games were missing.

The mod where you play as a cop was fucking retarded, you were basically just following random cars that spawn out of nowhere, it was not an actual race.

You also couldn't race while your friend played as a cop.

And the third one was even worse.

I will not buy games from them again. I pre ordered Grid 2 because I was a big fan of grid 1.

Turned out that they went full arcade racer physics in Grid 2 and kept it a secret until release. The game also had no cockpit view and when asked why the devs just said that we don't use it anyway.

Also game was full of pay2win dlc.

Playing through GRiD (first one) right now and loving it. They managed to fuck up 2? This saddens me immensely.

Really hoping Autosport is worth it. I grabbed all the games as part of a bundle, a few months back.

Well, I saw that people didn't like Grid 2. Hell, when I saw video of it I decided to ignore it. But I saw on wiki that they saw how badly 2 did and made Autosport more like the older games.

alpine in monaco just fits

TRD 3 is still the best game.

Autosport is meh, the game is built on GRID 2's engine and assets so you get the decent physics engine (yes it is decent, only unpleasant because of the unhealthy fixation with drifting when you push too much) and barebones inside cam. But since it's mostly GRID 2 content it feels reheated as shit if you've played GRID 2, and the AI is borderline suicidal. Some might say it's a realistic portrayal of the average online race.

Just play it. Like GRID 2, if you're not expecting an hardcore racing game and can deal with a less creative than GRID career mode it's pretty good.

Is there a better rally game than this?

more cars != better though

Has PS2 emulation gotten to a point where I can play Ridge Racer V without everything looking or performing like garbage yet?

Just tried and it seems to be performing well, only video corruptions I could find are the shadows and the player's car textures. Not a big deal if you really want to play the game.

Performance was OK at normal resolution, a bit laggy at 4x native on an 880M, DX11 HW

I'm pretty sure Richard Burns Rally still holds that title. And Test Drive: Eve of Destruction is a better Demolition Derby game.

No, sadly. Hell I think it even gotten worse because I don't remember it slowing down before. But so far nearly everything Crash Tag Team racing has massive slow down and as well as Freaky Flyers else I've played has been able to be played with only minor finagling (Usually just throw it into Software mode)

But Richard Burns Rally was boring.

When does it slow down? I didn't play much but it just worked

Vid of NFSW with a trainer that removes the TC. Bretty nice car sounds.

Truth be told I've never even played RBR, I just know it has the reputation of being the best sim of Rallying.

Well it has a weird Internal slowdown since PCSX2 reports it's running at full frames. It's noticeable when going into the tunnel on the first track where it seems to speed up and play more fluidly inside the tunnel and slows down for outside. Maybe 1.4 has an issue or maybe OpenGS? I definitely feel it plays a bit differently.

Noice, and hasn't NFS always been pretty good for the car sounds? It's not so surprising that World had good sound as well.

what about dorifuto?

If you want realism, DiRT Rally is actually a bit better at that.

How I can make the cars in TDU2 handle better?

I think there were mods to try to improve the game but it's mostly a lost cause. It eventually grows on you a bit and you can manage it, but the bad aftertaste will never go.

t. 160 hours wasted on this because cruising is fun with bros

Just type "TDU2 handling mod" into Google and there you go.

Play TDU1.

Pod Racing is tons of fun on Dreamcast, too.

Neat boxart, I'll have to check it out.

The worse thing about the new Star Wars no-selling the prequels is that we're not getting a new Pod Racing game. Such a shame. Also ChoroQ is different, it's more an RPG then a racing game so be advised.

Damn it why do I have to be the one to bump again Why are there no racing games coming outOr car combat games

ur our resident bumper

Such is my lot in life I guess.

oh yeah

this is the /o/ refuge here

i should dump more memes

Because I don't have a lot to contribute, but now it's the weekend, so maybe I'll try out Ridge Racer V after finally perfecting 4.

But yeah, pod racing was one of the few things I liked about the prequels. It was a neat concept, and individually controlling the engines is hard as fuck on N64.

well i've got other black things

Wait you could control the engines individual engines? Was that a thing? I think it was a missed opportunity that you couldn't use two flight controllers to do that. Or at the very least had a twin stick option for the PS2 sequel that was both necessary and unnecessary

Shut up cuck, everyone knows that Black Ice will get your dick wet if you have girl ride with you Assuming you don't succumb to the the FRESH™ and drive off a cliff. RIP in Peace Frolo. As garlic is to Vampires Black Ice is to cucks.

Catfish kind of scare me. Getting pricked by those whiskers really hurts and, I mean, it hurts so bad that you're going to need an antidote.

Man, if I want to experience some scary shit: I don't have to go to the deep sea when I live five miles away from the Mississipi. At least they're not candiru.

N64 only, need to input a special code and use 2 controllers, like using two sticks in Goldeneye.

gamefaqs.com/n64/198780-star-wars-episode-i-racer/faqs/2520

CTRL+F for Dual Control Option

NFS Most Wanted was pretty good. I remember buying a Toyota Supra near the start and tricking it out throughout the game. Never needed another car.
I've been playing Burnout: Revenge recently. Eternal City is annoying as fuck, White Mountain makes up for it though. I think I can see some rubberbanding going on, because I could stay first throughout the race and if I crash everyone's right on my tail. Then they drive like shit until I approach them.

So I had a bit of time and the required materials (N64, two controllers, a copy of Racer) and decided to try it out. I'm happy to report it isn't a hoax and does work Kinda. I can TELL it's suppose work but my old girl never got much action in her third slot to begin with and no amount of blowing fixed it. Pretty neat though It's a shame little things like what was obviously dev code got left in to be found never get put in these days, or at least puplicized unless it's DLC shit

And hell I doubt this thing was hacked together for no reason.

Most Wanted was pretty nice for letting you keep your first shitbox and using it to beat Razor Assuming you got the Junkman Parts which if you figured out which one was the Pinkslip was nice.

It's a shame that the Ultimate Box was actually lacking and the attempt to mod it back in is kinda iffy and yes I did only realize you were talking about Revenge after I typed that out.

Haha, I remember when my brother didn't believe me so I had to pull our N64 out and hook it up to show him. It's nifty, but a bit useless. Also, I imagine you could do it better on emulation.

I haven't tried Racer Revenge, but I feel like I should. Ridge Racer first, though.

(check)
Might wanna have the Revenge Iso on hand, Ridge Racer V doesn't emulate well Sadly. Though if you're doing it through original hard ware then by the time you finish Ridge Racer V you should have found a copy at where ever you look for older games. Things kinda rare.

HDD in PS2 makes it no problem. I love being able to put just about any game on the HDD and load it up. I will keep emulation in mind for upscaling Revenge, though.

Automation is related to cars so there you are.
This car has 0.0 safety rating

Are there any gamepad friendly games with a career mode other than GRID?

Emulate a Gran Tardismo game

How's the updates going for that? I've kinda forgotten about it.

As opposed to a wheel I assume? Pretty much anything arcade will scratch your itch though. Need For Speed is a good start.

There was one update recently-ish that broke two of my car bodies and finally added turbo to V12
It also added a borked development cost shit for cars.

3 2 1 LETS GO
FOOT TO THE PEDAL AND THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR

Well I took your advice, I'm emulated Gran Turismo 2.

I can't beat the second braking test and it won't let me actually race anyone until I get a license. So I think I'm just going to stop playing racing games because I'm undeniably and incontrovertibly shit at them if I can't even beat the second tutorial in entry level arcade racer.

(checked)
Emulate Ridge Racer Type 4. Grip cars are very arcade-y, and the music is great. Shame there's only 8 courses, and the 'career' is just replaying Grand Prix over and over. Super worth it though. I'm attempting to perfect every race and it's harder than I expected. I'm getting a few seconds in the first qualifiers.

Also, apparenlty this entry of ChoroQ is like the 4th game, but the only one outside of Japan with the ChoroQ title. Penny Racers, Roadtrip Adventures, Gadget Racers, and Seek and Destroy are also a part of the ChoroQ series.

Already played the heck out of RRT4 and the first PSP RR.

I wouldn't worry about it, for some reason PS1 driving games had Tutorials that make Demon's Souls Tutorial seem like a walk through the park. Either Keep at it or play through something else before going back to it. Maybe Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, Nascar Rumble or Rage Racer if you haven't already.

It's kinda crazy to think there are so many of those games that people probably didn't bat an eye at.

Ah, well then I don't got much. I'm assuming you've played NFS games, too.

vvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm :3

So I just tried out ChoroQ. It's basically what I would expect out of a weird CaRPG game. The races are really slow in the beginning though, but otherwise it's not bad. Lots of customization. The overworld looks like it serves no purpose though, which is kinda sad.

Grab a save, if it's on emulator you can probably find a save with all the licenses and not much else. Look on GameFAQs, though you'll probably have to convert it (which is fairly easy).

It would be a shame to miss on what's probably one of the best racing games ever. And don't worry, the license tests in GT games are quite hard, especially the older ones. It's mainly trial and error, especially for the braking ones.

For the second GT2 braking test, smash the brakes when the 900m marker disappears off the top of the screen on the bumper cam. Should be good enough for silver.

Why is CTR the best of the Crash Racing games? Why does it have to be regulated to only being phone games these days. And why has Ami not made an appearance as a racer like her epilogue says? N. Gin best girl anyways.

Get the PC version faggot. Better physics and framerate.

What racing wheel does /ogc/ use?
What racing wheel does /ogc/ want to use but can't because poorfag?

Bout time I bought me one and I was just wondering what was hot in the world of pretend wheels for vidya games. I see some going for comparatively cheap in the $60-100 range and some going for $500+, I'm curious to which ones are the raddest or actually worth the money.

G27
I would a T500RS w/ TH8RS or a high end Fanatec

The G27 was a sweet deal, along with Fanatec's GT3 wheel. Right at the perfect price/performance point. Nowadays it's a bit less clear. The G29 is too expensive for what it is and Fanatec completely pulled out of the affordable wheel segment.
Right now I would look at a DFGT with a custom pedal set or a T300RS with the 3 pedal set for a little bit more of compatibility.

i use the DFGT cause poorfag

but if i had the money i would go for a
Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel with the VG T3PA-PRO 3-Pedal Add-On Set (dem realistic pedals yo) and finally a VG TH8A Add-On Gearbox Shifter

Shit dog, looks like a wheel with three pedals AND a six+ speed shiftystick is harder to come by than I thought unless I pay out the wazoo. I guess I kind of expected to have to buy the parts individually to suit my tastes.

id say get the wheel and pedals first and then get the shifter later when you got the dough to spare since pedal feel is wayy more important than the shifting stick (at least in my opinion)

Yeah get the wheel and pedals first. You can buy an USB adapter, a DFGT and used G25/7 pedals and have a decent wheel/pedal setup for not a lot of money.

Can't argue with that logic. Guess I had better start saving up those Ebay funbux I make by selling old crap laying around. I'm really liking the G25/27 series. I hate to be the guy who buys the most popular option but for once it looks like a legitimate way to go.

I've never actually played CTR. I probably should.

I just play with a gamepad. Way cheaper and more versatile. I'd also probably get a flight stick of some kind before I get a racing wheel.

You totally should, it shits all over Mario Kart.

About on par with Sonic and Sega All-stars.

Excellent. Sounds like I'm in for a good time.

I should still really try to finish Ridge Racer Type 4, since I haven't gotten the wonderful message yet.

Sweet mother of god, why am I such shit at this game now. I figured I could breeze into all firsts, and everytime I'm just barely in second. It's so tantalizing.

Ridge Racer tends to be balls to wall hard. I blame the perfect, snowflakey AI that never screws up combined with absolutely zero rubberbanding to make a game that demands the utmost precision on each and every lap. It's like F-Zero except it doesn't make you fucking furious.

Burnout fans, lets discuss the best ones.

Played the first one on Gamecube

Many nights playing Burnout 2 on Xbox HUGE

3 Takedown was awesome

Honestly loved Revenge… Just ordered a copy of Revenge 360, I need a 360 as well fuck

After that, only played Paradise and didnt like it as much.

G27 on a stand.

If I had no money worries I'd get pic related.

It's only hard to get firsts in the qualifiers, though. It's way smoother when I get into the 3rd stage. Yeah, I have to play perfectly to get first essentially. One the one hand, I do like that it's not rubberband-y. On the other hand, fuck this is hard.

My favorite Burnout game is Ridge Racer Unbounded. :^)

I've never actually play RRU, but after hearing how it's the Assault Horizon of Ridge Racer, I don't think I ever want to.

Are you playing as Assoluto or DRT? That could be it.

Err, Solvalou. Forgot; Assoluto's a car manufacturer.

It doesn't have as many things like SaSA Transformed but is still solid as a rock. And I mean if you're exploring PS1 racing games then you'd be remiss if you didn't try it out.

I find it kidna funny when racing get's lumped in with sports games or dismissed because "lul driving is fur casuls". Racing games probably have some of the hardest challenges around.

I'm not really into the ACE series so I can't say how well the comparison holds up. But Unbounded is fucking terrible as a Flatout game, a Burnout game, and especially as a Ridge Racer game. It's good to avoid it and best to burn it.

you think anyone would notice small details like

You probably don't want your thumbs inside the steering wheel unless you don't like them

yeah obviously you don't put your thumbs inside the steering wheel because when you hit face first, your thumbs are fucked

There's also something about violent force kicks in the wheels ripping them off due to the wheel rotating violently but maybe it's no longer true since we have power steering now.

Is it possible to disable rubberbanding and increase the number of laps a race in GRID's career mode?

I'm using Terrazi as our sponsor. I thought PRC tuned Terrazi cars the best, and I'm ass at drifting.

Assault Horizon tries to be Call of Duty but with planes. It's sounding like it's the same position as Unbounded.

Takedown is my favorite for racing, Paradise is my favorite for random fucking about. Have some halfchan webms that I will never get around to re-converting with sound

Is than icarus in phantom league? Trying to use in icarus in phantom in wipeout 3 is a god damn nightmare. I struggle just to get to the finish line on some of the maps.

It's not Wipeout it's Ballistic NG; a homage to the classic Wipeout trilogy with a track editor, custom ships, music importing etc.

It's still indev but it's playable:
github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases

FUCK FINALLY
Moving into GP with perfects on the qualifiers.

somewhere an Ogre3D dev had a stroke

I'd have a stroke too, if I was using that engine.

Unity is not a bad engine, U5 is capable of a lot, see KSP, Subnautica and Cities: Skylines.

It's just that most people are lazy and put no effort into their games.

Also on the topic of WipEout, is anyone else playing Formula Fusion?

I know, but I've looked over ogre and toyed with it a bit, and that engine IS stroke worthy.

That's pretty much the issue with games these day on the whole, underutilized assets and talent. And sadly if a new arcade style racing games getting made these days it's probably going to be Unity.

Have a Golf Cart for no real reason

Why? I mean if it means we get some decent arcade games then why the fuck not. And at least Unity requires some level of programming, unlike UE4.

UE4 that comes with two built in car prefabs (one "simple" and one "advanced", the advanced one seems to have proper gearbox and suspension modeling) so maybe more games will use this shit.

Cue a billion games made by some random kids connecting the dots in blueprints with little to no care given in design or performance work. Be amazed at the sight of games using timing loops designed to work on the dev's computer but nowhere else. Feel the heat as your GPU struggles to deal with the 2M poly model ripped off turbosquid and straight up imported in the engine. Gasp as your 4K monitor is put to use by the billion 8192x8192 textures applied to literally everything with no mipmaps. Stand in awe at no LOD management because 3D models downloaded off that russian site hosting all sorts of stolen converted content don't come with LODs or they are not configured for use in UE4.

btw in Unity you can find an asset, UnityCar, that comes with reasonably well handling cars, with full configurable driver aids and even includes FFB effects. I've seen it at work in a drift game on Android, obviously with some level of drifting trickery, but it was pleasant and if more arcade games came out using this set of physics I'd be pretty happy

wow I didn't realize I wrote this much shit

I noticed this on some rFactor mods. IIRC it was the Mclaren GT3 cars that everyone had this problem as well as the EEC GT3 pack where the cars they used had a million polys each car and tanked the framerate for old computers like mine.

To put into perspective, you can get the entirety of Atlantica and Aquatica all on one map and it's only about 2.5 million polys. Granted those are an 18 year old game but where we're heading a half dozen cars are more resource intensive than everything else.

holy crap, you guys have a mumble now. I didn't noticed it in the previous thread so it must be a new thing. I wonder if anyone is still around from the Group A league days.

G27 w/ ricmotech load cell brake mod. It makes it stiff as hell but it's so much easier to regulate it once you get used to it.

Ah I just entered and it is a 8ch mumble in general. Nevermind.

There is actually a channel there for racing vidya, we just share it with Splatoon and the other generals.

That's fucking retro. Nice.

I don't go on the mumble but pastor reporting in.
still crashing lol

Pastor, the crazy madman with the blue 190e. Good times.

t. Grounded "supra a best" Fin

Alright, I'll get in now big guy

CTS-V

> M5

still grounded?

kek

at this point anything is better than an m5

How the mighty have fallen

;_;

First attempt at encoding a minute of burnout that made it under the file limit. Seems like there is only so much motion you can cram in 8mb. At least it helps cover up the frame drops from attempting to use shadowplay on a laptop

It's been forever since any chan got to sit down and have a party on that game. Hard to believe it came out 8 years ago.

I think 30 seconds is the most I can do while keeping decent quality

Try lowering the audio quality, you can usually scrape up a few extra seconds by going down.

do you wanna play burnout online right now? I can always get some more driving with it.

FINALLY

I FEEL ACCOMPLISHED

Well she wouldn't have to say keep it a secret if she said she was just an anonymous admirer.

And oh shit, I didn't keep it a secret. SORRY REIKO!

would have if i didn't fall into my bed like an old person

We really need more games like this.

Sonic R m8
kinda joking the game plays but handles a lot like shit, music is good tho

Now you're making me think of PenPen Tri-icealon. I don't really want to remember that game.

More attempts at making burnout webms today, this time I tried encoding from a lower quality and thus smaller recording. I think I managed to make it come out with less artifacts at the loss of smoothness/sense of speed

sage for double penetration post

How about Speedrunners admittedly it's kinda a meme game but still.

Also a good OGXbox emulator when?

Nice work user I always hated how Burnout paradise never had a speedo.There was a cheat for a speedo in Simpsons Hit & Run which was the best.

WHEN ALL'S WRONG
I WANNA MAD DASH

I will probably have to pop by the webm thread later to see if they have any advice

I think they don't display a speedometer to mask the fact you aren't actually going that fast, just like they don't display a revometer to mask the inconsistency with the infinite gear changes your car sounds like it goes through

congrats at getting the best car for Stunt events

The infinite gear changes has always bothered me too. However, you can see how fast you're going with this mighty fine mod:
burnouthints.webs.com/vanity-pack

Didn't someone find out that all the cars in Paradise actually have a Six-speed, but it just keeps the sound playing?

I always hated the stunt challanges. The ONLY time time I had any successes with them was when I basically did a route for the achevment in the mine.

Stunt challenges are easy once you know the areas that chain your multiplier up four or five times before spitting you out toward the next area. One example is the jump area around the stadium/over the mall, that leads into the warehouse with the jumps and that whole dock area, which then puts you on the bigass bridge, which you can use to get to the dam, etc. etc. The only real pain in the ass area is starting in the middle of downtown, since it's such a clusterfuck.

Ehh, it doesn't matter to do a stunt run till you get to the last license. And even then I assume you might be able to cheese it if you keep from doing the burning routes It's been a while, those count right?

I keep it as a point of pride of having done the Hawker Burning route before it got patched to be easier.

Yeah that was one of the shit bits of Paradise. Having to do most of the things all over again when you reach the last license, but they don't reset the scores. So for example you get ludicrously high number of takedowns to do on road rages.

I also have it as point of pride having taken down 100+ cars in a road rage onceGranted that was again before they patched getting time once you reach the limit

Also am I insane or are MR cars in TXR3 nearly completely uncontrollable even trying to put as much understeer into it?

Being a PC pleb I sadly never lived that era.

Surely you can get a unpatched version if you're referring to Paradise. And PCSX2 for TXR3

On PC we got Paradise with The Ultimate Box that, IIRC, already included the patch limiting the amount of takedowns you could do.

I know about TXR, the ISOs are somewhere in the pile of games I need to get around to play.

Epic's working with car manufacturers including Ford and McLaren for internal and gaming use while the GRIP dev team say they have been working with Epic on scaling UE4 for racing games in general. You can't really expect it overnight, but at the very least they are aware that racing is a genre missing.

Oh and in comedy news. GT Sport had a preview last night. Early impressions are that it "Looks fine" but still has all the problems from 5 and 6 including car sounds and the suspension being as stiff as a brick. Also the only track they showed was an oval. Don't get your hopes up, it looks like.

Sexy. Hopefully the underlying use of PhysX will enable some nice shit to come out.

Wondering if a big dev with resources will jump on that thing, to put the engine through its paces.

Really enjoying Burnout 3. Is it still worth playing Burnout 2 and what are other god-tier dudebro-esque 6th gen racers?

What the fuck kaz. You get three years and you make this? Did Sony slash your budget?

Car count is only 137 with 19 locations as well. Out November 15th.

Game looks like shit. What the fuck.

Looks fine to me. Remember that it has to run at 1080p 60fps on a PS4.

It's not. It's running 900P 60FPS so far and the cars still sound like vacuum cleaners according to the previews.

Are you fucking kidding me? 900p? On a console more powerful than the Xbone? Now I've only played Forza Apex but I'm pretty sure that even the Xbone version of Forza 6 runs at 1080p60fps. Goddamn.
Also source on the vacuum cars?

BRAVO POLYPHONY
R
A
V
O
P
O
L
Y
P
H
O
N
Y

So I originally saw this screenshot and thought 'hey, that's not that bad', but the more I look at it, the more it looks just bad. The lighting seems wrong, the cars don't look quite right. I dunno, this just looks weird.

Holy shit, even Forza 5 had more cars, and that was a rushed-to-hell launch title. I thought GT was the place to go for a gorillion cars

youtube.com/watch?v=iXxcjCNkHCU

Ongoing Live stream of the event. It's a fucking trainwreck. Cars are wheezy as fuck and the tyre sounds are from Gran Turismo 1, AGAIN. Framerate is complete shit (Digital Foundry have footage and apparently it runs worse than GT6 does in 1440x1080 mode). No car damage, again.

Even the sony fanboys are barely defending this.

Isn't the idea that this is a game more like a competitive racing sim or some shit? You don't need a billion cars for that, just some well recognized racing series and a flawless online mode with fancy rankings.

And yeah it sounds like GT done on a budget. But since Forza does everything GT used to do, except better, they have to switch their market positioning. And e-sports being the wanking style of the moment why not go there?
Sounds really like this is the game that make or break a GT7. If it fails, which it may very well do because if you're not a competitive addict and just want to chill with pretty cars in rather pretty environments you probably won't be enticed to buy this, maybe PD will be axed. Or GT7 scaled down to the standard racing game scale of about 200 cars.

Also the game literally looks like GT4 HD.

The sounds are interesting because they sound like what you'd expect to hear from inside the car but they are used all the time. Don't understand why though.

hahahahahah

assetto corsa/10

Racing vidya, especially the more simulation geared ones, has always had an implied competitive focus; the thing is that the competitive scene is a lot more understated. Racers still spend hundreds of hours tuning cars, learning race lines, competing for unicorns, and getting into autistic dramafests on the forums, just no one cares about it since it isn't shilled out on every media that allows linking.

My point being I don't understand how focusing on that aspect rather than things like painting, car collecting, or hyper-realism will attract anyone new

You're not wrong but I wish you were more right. I couldn't give a toss about GT (especially since they dropped the ball and don't seem to want to pick it up) but man a new Ridge Racer game, or hell even a a fucking HD remake would be great.

I don't care if Sport is the Prologue or whatever, what's there isn't any good. They'd don't have anything to show despite being on a new console and three years. Even Forza 5 which I though was fucking laughable outdid this. GT confirmed Dead

Quality over quantity. Would you rather have 41% of the cars to be from 4 manufacturers like 5 and have them all with the same engine sounds? Or 137 finely tuned cars?.w

Almighty trips, I would kill for a RRT4 HD remake with extra tracks. Or a Ridge Racer explicitly set in Strangereal(and for the love of God, going back to the standard RR gameplay instead of trying to copy someone else), since T4 has companies from real world countries instead of Strangereal, despite Reiko being related to Kei. I want to drive around Osea, Belka, Fato, San Salvacion, and so on.

You underestimate how much I like RRT4, dubsmeister.

"Quality over Quantity" might hold true but not for GT. The game footage has this off feeling, and everything still sounds like it was recorded from a Dirt Devil. There's still seemingly no vinyl editors or damage. Frankly the ONLY thing going for it is that it's not using models from Gran Turismo 4, and that's not good.

I don't know much about Ace Combat but I do know Ridge Racer is well set in Strangereal world. Arkbird being a sponsor off the top my head.

The only time it had real sponsors is Rage Racer's Yokohama deal which was odd. In all likely hood might have been a placeholder fuck-up that got in.. Though you might have gotten mixed up and meant real places Which are as real as Forza's New York track RIP. And the only time it tried to rip off gameplay doesn't' really count.

Well it won't, hence the lower scale of the game. And that's the real shame, because this game is likely to be dead on arrival unless it can bring some of the competitive gamers but not simracers to play it.

Does it bothers you that GT has no damage.

Not really. Besides it could have been disabled for the demo race because they didn't want to make PR shots of all the cars in a wrecked state.

Because frankly I don't know if it was mostly lag but the drivers were quite awful

archive.is/WYJ8P

Monster Games (Excitetruck, Excitebots and a buttload of 3DS Ports) are no longer developing for Nintendo. Now making a new Turnleft game for PC, PS4 and Xbone.

I meant the sponsors and teams' nationality, sorry. In Ridge Racer Type 4, they directly mention the US, France, Japan, and Italy for the 4 teams and sponsors, which don't exist in Strangereal. Unless they're tiny little countries that just haven't been seen in Ace Combat.

So has everyone seen the Motorsport Manager trailer? It looks pretty damn good.

Rewatching this I just noticed they put in a usable livery editor. I wonder what's going to come of that

At first I was going to argue with you, and then I remember this was the series that ported PS2-tier models wholesale into GT6. So maybe a quantity/quality thing is going on here. That being said 137 is still shameful.

W E W L A D
W
E
W
L
A
D

You can see the pixels, that's how you know it's good quality. :^)

Holy shit you're right. In the Year of our Kek 2016, Gran Turismo finally gets a fucking vinyl editor. And all they had to throw out was everything apart from a stupid photo mode, well done Poly.

Racing is dead, they can't even be bothered to apeal to the autists anymore

I came back from watching the street special of the portugal rally.
God damn that was insane, It was totally worth it standing for 5 hours watching the cars come and go. I probably enjoyed watching the WRC cars and the classics the most, some of those guys pushed their fucking mk 2 escorts harder than some WRC 2 drivers pushed theirs.

Got a snap of latvala in the croud, cba to take more pictures tho, too busy watching the vrum vrums go by.

Would be neat as fuck to see a live rally event.

oh yeah and the car sounds reverberating on the buildings sounded fantastic.

Colin mcare has some moderate car customization and a load of cars to race. I beat the game fine with a keyboard so a gamepad will probably be better.

Toca 3 racing has a variety of different types of vehicles and racing types. Is car customization is quiet extensive and not noob friendly.

Both games are not sold by the devs any more due to expiration of car rights. So pirate away.

Fuck, these always crack me up. Anyone have more?

WEAK

Feels bad.

Does those games work well with a wheel and pedals?

There is a forest fire on a track in the PS2 version of NFS Hot Pursuit 2 though. But I cant thinko f anything else.

Vrooooooooooom :3

While not strictly a racing game Stuntman Ignition has a couple levels set during a volcano eruption. Also I think Motorstorm Apocalypse has something to that effect as well. It's still a small serving but it's still there I also feel deserts are needlessly underrepresented.

What game is that? Kinda looks like Project Gotham Racing.

Mercedez Benz World Racing

new drift stage alpha tomorrow, is anyone here a backer?

yay another person converted to german racing games

I'm moderately excited for the Red Bull Air Racing game that's in dev. I can't afford a wheel but I have flightstick. I wish the wheel market was more competitive.

The physics are fun, but weird.
The transmission somehow goes against the rules of every other racing game. Going to the revlimiter isn't always the best.
Can you upload the HD patch somewhere?

They have this weird physics engine that sort of feel realistic but isn't really, and that's what happens with the gearbox.

Don't have an HD patch though, not sure there's even one.

Then how did that screenshot turn into 1080p?

Are all the alphas public? I still haven't given it a try.

Got Test Drive Unlimited, does it not support a 360 controller? Also what are essential patches? I have the fan made one, 1.66b.

IIRC in the config tool you can set it to 1920x1080. Either that or I manually edited Config.ini to have the resolution. Was a real bitch to setup because Optimus would keep telling the launcher to run on the IGP.

I don't know why it shouldn't have support for the 360 Controller. Maybe check it's working in a different game or it could be something with the fan patch you have.

I'm not sure the game has native XInput support, especially if you happen to have a wireless controller as support for those in early games was pretty shit.

Shit, that's what I thought, it came out for 360 though. I don't have a steering wheel and I imagine it wouldn't play well.
I've searched for it, but I get nothing.

I don't think the game supports it at all, I think above is correct.

Reposting old webms for… some reason i guess

So did you guys heard about this? It's sort of an spiritual successor to Hydro Thunder(made by the same devs of HD:Hurricane) and it's coming to PS4 and X1 this year i believe.

Oh and PC too apparently

It used to be bundled with rFactor 1 and some other racers for $2.50 on bundlestars, not sure if it's still in a bundle or not.

fave song

Shit that reminds me

well at least the dashboard properly displays like the real life version, so I can tell its on ECO

EDIT: Watched this vid on youtube. As the dash shows, its on D for Drive. this may be because I race on Automatic. I'll have to try again later or something

Aren't they still using the same fucking game assets from their Lagdroid games?

It would be weird to have this much of a performance change between AT and MT.

Also I guess D is because it only has one gear, IIRC the Prius in GT4 also forced you to use AT to emulate the CVT in the real car.

The leaf in real life doesnt have gears. Just drive, Economy (restricted acceleration), reverse and park

This is the fastest racing game with realistic physics that I know and it has good race tracks.

Is there other game like Lego Racer?
I want to drive my autism
No Lego Racer 2, that thing is shitty

Yeah, I suppose they mapped Eco to D, N to N and R to R. I would be surprised if you could switch to MT (in the video the selector is disabled, could just be because it's the demo) and shift up to the performance mode.

I'll test it tomorrow if I have the time.

Could be such a nice way to fuck shit up.

I feel like shit, what's a good driving game that I can just cruise endlessly? I totaled my car 2 years ago and haven't driven since.

BeamNG Drive
The Crew
Midnight Club series
GTA
Need for Speed (the PS2 era ones)

So much to choose from, thanks a lot. I want to give the crew a try, but the demo wouldn't launch.

what's the best gamepad to get?

anyone?

At least Kono had that poll on Twatter.

51% voted for a Ridge Racer R4 remake.

19% for "Ultra Ridge Racer" which is Ridge Racer with real life cars.

What racing game will let me drift with an AE86 I've only got a gaming pc any recommendation is appreciated.

Gran Turismo
NFS: Carbon
BeamNG Drive
PPSSPP running Initial D
Dark Souls

Is NFS Carbon any good? Has it aged well?

I dunno actually… I remember the Mountain Drifting and soundtrack were p good.

i know this is good goy central but come on now

What the fuck is "P" good?

I remember the game being kinda shit with your partner doing everything for you and Sports cars being vastly superior to both Super and Muscle.

Pretty good.
And there were like 3 tiers for each vehicle if I remember. Tier 3's were on par, but Tuners had high Accel, Muscles had high torque, something like that. and yeah, you could make your partners OP, but its completely optional

you're right but only if you mess with the tuning settings because they never actually reach top speed so you get a car that has great handling and great acceleration/manageable top speed. basically good at everything

what

Tuners had good handling and they wiped the floor with other classes. Muscles had high acceleration which was somewhat bearable, but Supercars had an emphasis on top speed which was absolutely useless considering the rubberbanding mechanics.

Well shit, didn't even notice the thread being up. I'm in abit of a pickle having only the PS4 to rely on and desperatly need some racing in my life.

Is Driveclub worth 10$? I'm not expecting greatness, I just want something to race.

not sure, the crew is fun though.

i'd understand if you ran off of gamestop with it but damn

I bought my PS4 for Gran Turismo

Then GT6 came out and I rarely play on the PS3 anymore

It's actually not mine, just the only console/PC I have access too right now. I tried The Crew after the big update hit a few months ago and didn't really like it. I shudder to touch the newest NfS abomination and Driveclub seems to be my last option.

Heresy. I would like for an upgraded Type 4. Type 8, perhaps? More tracks, a few more cars than slightly differently tuned variants, but otherwise, keep the GP mode and story snippets and I'd buy it. I should give the PSP games a try, too. Anyone know if the Android game is utter shit?

oh god the nightmares

best racing game theme coming through

it's a good song. maybe not for racing tho.

GT PSP will forever have the best intro

Best game intro coming through, fresh from the oven

On a sidenote i just discovered ffmpeg includes a MAD decoder, pretty cool stuff. have fun

step up senpai

also here is a cutscene i find funny with lossless vp9 video and cut blackbars included

Wait, this is lossless. that one was just a test

Lego Stunt Rally, but that's less a cart racer and more a track editor and Banjo and Kazooie Nut's and bolts is actually pretty great if you treat it like a lego game. And sequence break it to get a lot of parts at the begining

Then deviating away even more Crash Team Racing for just a straight Kart Racer and Jak X for something with a bit more customization.

Get a PS2 Emulator and Tokyo Xtreme Racer drift 2

It's aged better then Most Wanted. The customization is much improved, there's no ugly brown filter Though there is a blue filter but it's not so bad, and there's a lot more gameplay modes. Only down side to it all is the tier and type segregation.

(Checked)
Funny you mention the Android Ridge Racer. It's perfectly serviceable, has a lighter version of 7's Customization but it really pushes the microtransactions. Also it reminds you to collect your daily sheckles which is annoying.

Also TXR games have beautiful intros.

Neat, maybe I'll–
Nevermind. I'll just see if I can emulate the PSP games on my phone.

ok i dont know what to do here i have a DFGT
and i want to upgrade. should i upgrade the pedals and get a shifter and be done with it? or are the other wheels really that good and make a big difference?

Being in EU we didn't get it as intro, we got the amazing Faithless remix of My Favorite Game that still gets my willy hard to this day. But idk, Moon Over The Castle just gives me some good chills.

GT PSP intro is very good though, shame the rest of the game is lukewarm at best.
Honorable mention to GT4 and the orchestral bit at the beginning.

G27 pedals with an USB adapter will make a world of difference. More efficient than upgrading the wheel if you're on a budget.

i was thinkinh
Thrustmaster VG TH8A Add-On Gearbox Shifter
and either
Thrustmaster VG T3PA-PRO
or

CSR Pedals

since they all have usb input i should be good to go
and wheels that are better than the DFGT are like 300 dollars im thinking of just upgrading the pedals and get a shifter

Now thats a cool intro. Never seen it nor did I play GT2. I really like GT4's intro though

So, I accidentally autismed a car that is 9 seconds faster than current Top Gear track leader, Pagani Huayra.
0% safety, 0% sportiness, 100% what the fuck

Yeah GT4 was my first GT and I'll always have nostalgia for it. Also, I thought that was the regular intro, but it doesnt play Panama :( I was expecting it

too bad its shit to emulate. damn PS2 emulators are leagues behind Dolphin and even PPSSPP

which segue's to my next reply

GT PSP wasn't bad per se. but holy fuck was the Dealership thing retarded. 2 days to view a limited selection, holy hell. I spend 99% of my time grinding the Oval Circuit with the Bugatti Veyron for the 0.5Mil Credits per 2 laps.
And to make matters worse, you cant move your save over. When my first PSP broke, I had to start over. and when I got my Vita, I didnt even bother re-downloading it.

Still my favourite rally game.

It crashes on certain stages and I've never been able to fix it, so I can't really play it…

gotta go fast

So much for I thought everything was going swimmingly in RRT4. That fucking snowflake AI with the speed boosts in the beginning is one thing, but fuck. Heaven and Hell is killing me, especially in the Starlight. I'm so close I can smell it though. I suppose my only solace is that Shooting Hoops is the one track I'm decent at, especially given 6 laps to pass everyone.

Anybody else remember this game?

I didn't know Thrustmaster sold an USB adapter for their pedals, that's quite nice.
CSR Pedals on the other hand don't have such thing, unless you're looking at the CSR Elites but they cost a lot more.
Shifter's good.

GT games had this thing with using different tracks for the intro on the 3 main region (PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J) for some reason. Japs got Moon Over The Castle all the time and we got all sorts of music.

damn i didnt know it came with no usb connectori thought for that price it should have but i guess im wrong
so both dont have usb connectors which one would you say is better (im mainly focusing on GT style) which one do you recommend

I remember playing something similar on the ps1. Don't remember its name.

Just got a PSP solely for that Initial D game, suggestions for racing vidya are appreciated (both PSX and PSP).

I'd go for the Thrustmaster one, it has an OEM USB adapter you can get for some additional currencies instead of having to scour the web for a mod adapter for the CSR.

Ridge Racers(PSP), Ridge Racer Type 4, Crash Team Racing.

The PSP Ridge Racers like , Arctic Storm if you can't run the PS2 version. And for PSX, TNN Motorsports Hardcore TR, Gran Turismo 2, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing. That should tide you over for a bit I'd think. And if you like RPG's and can speak Nip Sqaure did a game called Racing Lagoon which is pretty similar to TXR.

Also as a note Power Drive 2000 releases on May 31 apparently, in case anyone is interested.

do they not work with PPSSPP?

PPSSPP is the greatest emulator ever and works on gypsy magics. I play Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Monster Hunter on my Cell Phone all the time

anybody plays the crew and wants to do summit stuff togheter?
no homo
let me post codemonkey

Wait, does PPSSPP run PS1 games? Either way, however you get them to run, you should try them out.

no, it doesn't :/ it specifically states it wont run PS1 Classic ISO's for some reason….

but yeah, I brought up PPSSPP because when you mentioned the PS2 versions, I immediately wanted to remind that PS2 emulators are shit, whereas PPSSPP is the greatest emulator ever

PCSX2 isn't that bad. It's just not full of gypsy magic that run on literal toasters.

My phone runs PPSSPP just fine, but i prefer original hardware whenever possible.

try playing any GTA, ratchet and clank, timesplitters, MGS, Gran Turismo, or Yakuza.

I have a small collection of ISO's I've been trying, but the only games that have run as good as the originals (with minor flaws here and there) are Onimusha 1 (not 2 or 3 tho), Tony Hawk, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona 3

I'm runnin 16gb ram with a GTX 960 before you think its a toaster either

Aren't PS2s easily moddable and can load games from an USB stick or hard drive? As well as dirt cheap.

Well clearly that's the problem. :^)

I've played ChoroQ, Valkyrie Profile 2(albeit on an older version and with a custom gsdx plugin), Persona 3 and 4, and several 2D fightans in it. Ridge Racer V still doesn't work, either, so having original hardware is still better for compatibility by a fair bit.

thats what I'm saying, but the PSP emulator runs circles around the PS2 emulators. like you can play the GTA stories games at 1080p 60fps on toasters, and I'm not exaggerating, my old laptop was shit and ran it at 60 fps no problem

GTA might have been fixed recently (but there's pretty much no reason to play it since the PC version exist and the PSP one exists for LCS/VCS)

R&C won't because it use a custom mip map solution that cannot be easily emulated without rewriting everything from scratch.

Timesplitters works, 2 and FP might but the NGC version exists

MGS 2 is pretty much perfect at this point, MGS3 is pretty close to flawless too.

Gran Turismo 4 has quirks and problems but generally works, GT3 might just werk with some of the latest changes.

Yakuza is one of the most cited example of PCSX2 working so I'm a bit sceptic on that one (although I never tried myself so I wouldn't be able to tell)

The real kicker is RRV not working properly at all on any configuration with no resolution in sight

My guess would be that you're stuck on an old version (latest stable is also old by that point) and/or you're not using the OGL plugin (which there is no reason you shouldn't because you have a fucking Nvidia GPU and it's leagues above the DX plugin)

Mostly because the PSP is leagues easier to emulate than the PS2, you'd likely wouldn't even believe that PPSSPP is less accurate to the PSP than PCSX2 is to the PS2, but the fact that the PS2 is a clusterfuck of custom hardware with uncommon behavior on top of having very complex games that use that hardware to the fullest makes high accuracy a requirement for emulating most games properly, PSP you can be way more lenient on everything because it's a simple and well known architecture.

Sage for emulator rants

Yeah, I'm downloading the NGC vers of timesplitters, but its completely unplayable on PCSX2 cause of colorlines covering the screen, as in the entire screen

MGS3 doesnt have proper reflections and shading

Yakuza crashed in the first fight for me. black screen.

and I downloaded the latest version this week cause I got the new computer (hence why I know the specs)

but yeah, I'm not saying what you think I'm saying. What I'm sayin is, they're better off playing on the PSP emulator for PSP/PS2 games, because it will definitely run better and smoother, even more than the hardware at times

Huh, didn't expect to see a DS parked outside a Fry's, let alone in the states at all.

Anyone know of some good games with one of these fuckers in it?

R30 drifting

AT INCREDIBLE HIHG SPEED

And a Trueno.

This game can't come out soon enough.

though the lead dev just made some Tweets complaining about #GG so I hope he doesn't turn out to be an indie clique prick.

Care to cap? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was a cuck And the Beta didn't blow me away so it wouldn't be too sad, especially since Power Drive 2000 is coming out sooner. I find it funny that after it's died down here, GG still serves as a great boogyman for them

It's not hard evidence but it does come off as whiny.

Usually all he does is talk about his game, pro wrestling, and general nonsense.

To be fair, NiGGers like to dogpile the fuck out of people with misconceptions and stupid accusations so it's easy to get the wrong idea of them or even be irritated by them.

I'd imagine being called a cuck every 20 seconds by every autist on a taiwanese cave painting board would get irritating for a while, especially when it's done without evidence or anything other than a drive to fling shit.

Nevermind I found some harder evidence.

I really like this game's aesthetic, but if he turns out to be SJW clique material, the game gets pirated instead. Unfortunately, he seems to fit the bill with releasing the soundtrack on vinyl.

This gives me hope that he's not a massive douchebag, at least.

m8 the artist used to post his shit on /agdg/, and he's the same guy behind Sky Rogue
youtube.com/user/DelkoDuck

Oh.

Vinyl's shaped like cars from the game, strangely enough.

relevant embed

Wait, who? I thought Nihilocrat was someone else.

This game still looks really nice, though.

It looks pretty fun to me. I like its style more than Power Drive 2000 which is why my hopes have been riding on it instead.

Dev can be as much of a chump as he chooses to be, I just refuse to support the corrupt indies that only achieve success through connections and graft. But I suppose if he was that, he'd be making walking simulators instead of a racing game.

Fair enough. Yeah, I really like the style this game has going on, and it adopted "driving sideways" as a normal function of life, so that's neat. If he does turn out to be a megachump and somehow the game suffers, I will be enraged, but for now, I'll remain hopeful that the game is fun.

plus it's got an E30 now
poasting the art blog because why not
floopydisc.tumblr.com/

That makes him a hipster but, while not all hipsters are SJW's all SJW's are Hipsters so. He seems to be a lefty but isn't terribly SJT so ehh. wait and see. Also he has seems to have forgotten that Trump would have a great pop with the WWE crowd.

And going by these video's the game seems to have become a lot better. You can make turns regularly now and have a bit more control over drifting. Plus it is kinda hard to shove rhetoric into a 80's style arcade racing game and you can make flag girls only so unsexy before you have to put them in a burqa or as a joke.

Threads hit the bump limit so how's bout the next OP make this the topic of next one eh?

brb, setting up thread

nvm, i should wait until the thread dies

At least untill this hits like page 10 and hopes the 4frees are getting their hot pockets.

Were the girls from that any good? I've heard the game is mediocre, but I've never played it.

Not as much art on the art blog as I was expecting. His twatter has a little bit more frequency.

This is what I meant to bring up, actually. Found this game while just poking around for racing games. Apparently Namco has done a ton of racing games in general, shame this one is moon only. Critical Velocity looks like it's trying to be in New York about Lord knows what, but hey, it looks playable in PCSX2, so I'm going to give it a try later.

Was gonna wait for the next thread to bring it up but might as well go on about it. R: Racing Evolution is perfectly fine as Gran Turismo clone with some story. I'll admit that despite owning it on the ps2 and emulating shit for the longest time I've never really gotten into it.

Also I'm not much into Waifuing And Reiko Negase is the one for me regardless So I'd say yes the game is mediocre but the girls didn't redeem it for me. Your mileage may vary.

Also I know about Critical Velocity but have also not got around to playing it. It apparently has a Soldat Crinale. And yeah Namco has a lot of non-Ridge Racer racing games. Off the top there's the Fast and Furious TXR Knock-off Though I think they only published that, in which case the Wangan Midnight Arcade games and even a fucking Mario Kart arcade game, a Pac-man Kart game on PS2 that's alright and R:Racing Evolution.

And forgot to ask does anyone have the webm of the Hot Wheels game that looked like a REDLINE game? Had Yellowline playing over it Not like I need a reason to post this song either.

Shit, I just remembered my Wii can play Triforce stuff now. I should try that and F-Zero AX out. And it's a shame the girls didn't redeem it, since it's almost exclusively about them. I'll give it a whirl at some point on my Xbox.

I'm slightly ashamed to say I've only ever seen the Yellowline race of this movie, and that's as much as I've seen at all. I should watch it at some point. Too bad too many vidya are calling to me.

The whole thing used to be on Youtube in HD but I think it got taken down.

youtube.com/watch?v=lH7eBCTu_eM

There's this one but it's not in HD. It also leaves out the credits with the funky song.

You really should watch it though. It's a movie that's just plain fun to see.

Again I'm not the best to bounce Waifu questions off of. I got it for PCSX2 so I'm gonna give a try too.

Also I've seen Redline and while yes it does deserve of all the praise for creativity and animation, the Yellowline and the final race are about the only things that interesting for a casual view and aren't much of the movie.

can you share the game user?

how the fuck did I do that, I didnt embed anything

inb4 8ch didn't clean the embed field

does anybody want to play the crew and do crew challenges though? gotta get that ferrari

pee cee?
I could reinstall it by tomorrow

yes, playing the gayme on PC

We got a new thread up yet? We're at page 15.

Not as far as I know. Feel free to make a new one.

New Thread Niggers, get in here

How did I fuck that up

RIP thread

you had a good life

15 days, that was fast