Tree of Savior: F2P Launch

F2P has come folks.
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-on-the-dlc-tp-products-and-f2p-transition/243043

Server: Klaipeda
Guild Name: Infinity(Leader: Cider)

General ToS Tools and Resources - pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd

ToS Mechanics Compendium - github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics

MUST HAVE: github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Lua-Mods

Steam group: Tree of Infinity

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ej4047pk1q/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/peaoycap1h/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/a75daj2ous/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/8ucqrwdp0z/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9xzip0sy8x/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xka0gf6urd/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/mt5seh4gcq/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/uvyy5wa47n/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wei1ocfgpk/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f3csrv3ht6/
tosbase.com/game/classes/Plague-Doctor/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/e18grnxqo2/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/builds/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/km9xl7bfuy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER

a ToS thread that i didn't start?! what sorcery is this?!

gratuitous pics for possible inclusion in the OP moving forward.

i just want to mention that i think f2p can't join Klaipeda server anymore… therefore, they can't join the Inifinity guild.

On the plus side, we are all a mishmash of anons from different areas. i'm pretty sure we're all resigned to possibly spread seeds giggity into other servers down the line. SEA would probs work best for me for example.

Shout out to Imix for being the stand-in GM while Cider still in his coma

next Infinity guild pic when?

Is it P2W horseshit? I thought there was this whole debacle about how they ended up adopting all of Korea Nexon's horseshit, even though they didn't have to.

Does ToS have anything going for it beside being a linear themepark MMO? At the very least I'd start playing for guild shenanigans, but if us f2players are locked out from that server, then I don't really see a lot of reason to start playing.

Nah, the only server that is going to be close for F2P its Telsiai, and its going to be a temporal thing.

Does this thing have a SEA/Oceanic server? Otherwise gg

the most generic answer is… yes. the token benefits are muy grande.

on the plus side, i really don't see how it becomes an issue in a game with barely any pvp yet. other than token everything else is either cosmetic (skins), convenience (repair and pve revive) or shout. you can grind to the token pretty easily as long as you neglect your attribute gold sink and buying a pet for a while and just buy it with in game silver.

for reference, i never touched a single TP and stockpiled a ton of soul crystals for revive and bought myself a 350k token… had i known that it was this affordable i wouldn't have tried to max out my attributes so early. fukken cloth mastery lvl 35 is expensive as balls man i can't even afford to max it yet not to mention how the small increments on the other 50-level attributes add up

Sounds really bad and like you're pretty cucked by this game.

I bought it when it came out, but only started to play it these last two days. I should've done it sooner, so i could avoid the f2p horde.

Seems fun, for what little I've played. I'm sure near end game it'll turn to shit like all modern MMOs though. I do Love the music in it.

its a chill grindan. if you're looking for a bum game to comfy with while having a video playing on the side or chatting with friends then i would seriously suggest other action mmos. especially if you'e looking for deep pvp, gvg and fightan combos.

gotcha

Yes, Telsiai.

Also great time to make a thread, when the servers are down for six hours of maintenance.

if i had access to my screenshots i'd post how i barely managed to get into the top 10% of Klai server in the span of the whole early access period at level 107, not even half the max. play slow, have fun. not gonna lie to you and say its the GOTYAY.

glad to have you aboard. remember to PM Imix if you want into the Infinity guild in Klai and at least have some bros in chat until you get up there. i hear Atom branched off but idk where.

i was literally holding back until gates open when the OP made it before me. if you've been around the old threads, pretty sure you might even know who i am in game. :^)

Yeah I might try and join up with you guys once I level up some more. I thought the Holla Forums guild died since I haven't seen any threads for ToS for awhile.

Might give this game a shot, any specific class the guild needs?

typo

felt like it would just cause hype burnout if i kept it alive throughout the last days of the early access until f2p.

i find this lack of info about f2p in the update… disturbing. shenanigans afoot! :O

we're low on:
schwarzer
druids
doppel
fencer
necro
alch
runecaster
feather
bokors
warlock
kabbalists
shinobis
plague doctors(subject to change)
rollypollies
cannoneers
feathers
monks
paladins
brbarbs
highlanders

oh lel and sadhues + sappers(i think)

As soon as an MMO says "deep pvp" my alarm bells go off.

It's nice to hear about a comfy MMO in 2016.

Well fug I was planning on either musketeer or a dragoon.

Are hoplite's still wanted or any good? I kinda really liked them.

Played this game for a bit in a few months and it was fun. Didn't get to into it though, was chronomancer any good?

What would be the most useful?

Do a guild need every class or something?

I was thinking going peltasta - some class then eventually into fencer or if I'm delusional enough, rodolero. I could try a priest-paladin build but I also like the idea of quarrel shooter or chronomancer.

Is the chronomancer's quicken buff fixed or the attack speed is still tied to server ping thus no difference at all?

actually I don't think we have any dragoons atm,its 3am so forgive me

i've got a hoplite c2 going corsair,more corsairs are always welcome, pierce debuff + lvl 15 jolly or iron hook for pvp would be nice

we've got linkers,thaums,chronos, we might be lacking in clerics as well lol, so some kind of support cleric maybe

also dont think we have any dievs

nope,we have a wizards/archers,cyro,thaums,linkers,1 or 2 squires, and a few sword gays tho

is klaipeda an old server from before f2p? people expect us to join that one for the 5 player Holla Forums guild?

we have a few pelts, no rodolos iirc, 1 or 2 chronos,maybe a few in wip chronos, 1 meme shooter alt maybe

ideally play what you want,but if an infinity member could get a class/alt list doc going so we don't end up with 20 chronos

What support/healing class is good? I haven't gotten far into the game yet anyway so rerolling wouldn't be too bad for me.

My idea for my hoplite was something like this.

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ej4047pk1q/

This alright?

you don't have to reroll necessarily as you're going to make alts anyway at some point

the entire cleric tree has forms of support,rogue, pelt, alch(pots + items),fencer(off tanking),corsair(jolly),chrono, thaum,linker,cryo are the main support classes

nothings necessarily,most classes are ok to c2,c3 is hit or miss depending on what you want

going to sleep,can check in the morning sorry

Well shit, alright. if anyone else can look at it, it would really help.

If I go peltasta, I'm gonna try a defensive build since it seems to be appreciated for end-game stuff, could make a sadhu alt since I forget that sadhu is a thing. When they bring back centurion on a newer tier if I'm still playing the game, I'll roll into it and make fun formations.

I'd say check the tos skill simulator in the cleric branch since different kinds of supports, healing are in different classes but if you ask me the go-to healing class would be priest with his decent support buffs and a aoe heal at a higher circle. Then from priest you can cherry-pick the other classes for the preffered buffs you want.

I'm kinda intrigued by this, so an actual class makes potions? Anyone have a link to a good build for an alchemist? It might be fun to help out the guild by providing pots and things to everyone.

Anyone knows if Tree of Savior supports custom music, or if anyone would be interested in one? Because I'd be willing to create a custom music pack with music from other games because I'm autistic as fucking hell it's fun, despite there being over 300 songs to replace.

i'd get rid of thrust,guardian and spear throw(unless you really want it),other than that looks ok

pretty sure an addon exists or is then works

I'd do more research on a defensive build before you fully commit to that

Thanks, i mainly wanted to know if the path is do-able. I'm still researching the game, but it seems hoplite can do some heavy damage on bosses or huge enemies.

Also, what's the closest thing ToS has to a Bard class? I just like playing guitars in the background, playing Magical Songs of Buffs while fucking shit up together with a party

Here's my half-assed attempt at a pelt-rodolero-fencer build tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/peaoycap1h/

Decided I'll skip the def build for now so I can play out with this pelt a bit more offensively while trying to have some block stats as well as the 350% dmg buff on both pelt starter attack skills.

Is that piece of shit still the cookie cutter item for 100 levels?

thinking of going with a Dievdirbys then, planting totems and carving killer owls and shiet
Is the totem which provides reduced SP costs and higher SP regen any useful? Because I hear everyone just spams mana pots and that said totem is only useful during campfire rests
Is Ausrine any good? Apparently it activates an invincibility buff by having to circle around your statue, except sometimes lag fucks it up. Also something about Carve becoming useless later on, here's my build plan so far tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/a75daj2ous/

if you can join klai dude said you still could, then you are invited but if we can get a foothold in the SEA server i might even move there for the extension guild

considering you want 1-point skills for rotation, i say might as well go for 1 point of gae bulg too even though you can't get the buff zones

diev works with different mechanics but the fundamental area buff effects thing is similar. i hear c2 is about all you need unless you really want more carve owl damage. dievs are a fan favorite for hitter cleric builds because the statues dont' scale i hear… that said, prepare for bantz when people don't know how to play around the statues especially adhd sb swordies.

i'm going to level with you, rodelero has no redeeming qualities atm. also i heard butterfly is shit damage. but otherwise it looks servicable. might suggest to not bother with high guard because -50% ATK is terribad and you're not even getting much defensiveness out of it so all in or not at all. rim blow also a bit unimpressive…

Just my luck.

So any Cleric/Priest players have a good leveling build for this combo?

I remember dealing with people like that in guild wars, who thought kiting was cheating. Some kid demanded I sit still while he popped shadowform or whatever that assassin immunity enchant was that left you at 10 HP at the end.

Is this Wyrm guy just the town idiot or something?

Wyrm is the literal GM of the BR PhoenixDown guild which got booted to their own SA server not long after we got the score 3-2 in favor of Infinity. dude was all "honorable battle, guerilla tactics are for cowards, you only won because we were asleep" see

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/8ucqrwdp0z/
ripped right off the public builds of tosbase and it looks ok-ish. circle 6 cleric is for more heal tiles in case you're wondering. cleric is such a good class that people literally circle back to it.

welcome all f2players! ü

dafuq

Perhaps you can try again with the account you used to log into the icbt with?

So I'm expecting the servers to fucking die in a fire since every autist with a toaster comp 10 and up will be playing this?

Hmm? I just ran the game with the same steam account and method I used as last time

theplaya is still in business.
now to go do productive things other than playing. :((

Diev 2 here, owls rape everything but fuck that cooldown man.

You're also kinda screwed on cooldowns in general as well. You just kinda run around mobbing shit while waiting for your skills to come off cooldown.

Going Cleric 2 is a must for more Heal tiles.

Plan to go to Diev 3, Druid then either Druid 2 or Plague Doctor depending on guild circumstances.

Dead on arrival as the game deserves.
Seriously fuck them for wasting all the potential the game had.
Fantastic art/music
horrible fucking why the fuck would you even bother gameplay.
Also horrible player interactions

I'm lvl 173, no quests and no exp cards, how screwed am I? Grinding is almost impossible with the terrible spawn rate and mission give next to nothing. Should I just wait until they add more quests?

Are they planning to add an eighth circle? I went cryo c3 and summoner c1 and want to pick chrono c2 so I can go c3 in the future. Can you buff your summon with quicken?

Is anyone suffering from horrible stuttering?
I've fucked around with the user settings and added -DX11 to the launch options, but I'm still getting 45-60 fluctuating FPS with terrible stutter.

The fuck is "Team Name"?
Is it my account name?
Will it be displayed to other players?
Will it appear near my character's name?
Does it work like surname from Black Desert?
I'm really autistic about shit like this

Congratulations, you finished the game. You can uninstall now.

Yeah it's the name shared by all characters you make on that Account.

It will be visible to other players and I think it's the main name that's displayed to them.

what server are you guys playing on?
I usually just pick the EU servers so I don't have to suffer from high ping, but i'd rather play with someone than going alone

Currently playing on Klaipeda to play with the guild, but as a fellow yuropfag I'm suffering from intense stutter in both the American and European servers, since I hear it has something to do with how the network protocols are set up for ToS.

server is up in the air right now. best best would be to play on whichever server is best for you ping-wise and just look for fellow anons there.
us old-timers who aren't really relevant are on klaipeda though

i'll just bite the bullet then and join you on klaipeda

hit me up theplaya if you start in orsha

Way to fucking make everything jarring.

It would help if I embedded the vid too huh

Holy shit, enemies drop cards now?

any diev is welcome in my party,owl + bokor is awesome,the cooldown is long,but i haven't seen dievs struggle too much,dungeons runs go pretty well with the wide aoe,haven't seen a diev 3 yet

well you need to grind, there spots,dina bee and demon and prob a few others for 170+

It has been free for a while I dont understand

is dis gaem gud or wat?

Naw it's the definition of wasted potential.
Just horrible choices from the word go.
Pay 2 win
Horrible player economy
Just the tip of the iceberg

Nope they made it pay to play for 2 months first to milk the fanboys. I mean dedicated early adopters.

I've been reading wikis and guides for a while and it seems that to become a Corsair I need to basically max my character first.
Did I get it right?
At what character level can I become one?

i just want to go to klai, damnit

anyways, make another thread in the future when IMC decides to fix the fucking stuttering and poor optimization
shit's too unplayable for me in this state

Made a Priest. What sort of suffering am I in for leveling a heal/buff class solo?

I know you can buff your normal attacks to high hell, so its not too bad I think.

Gonna start on Orsha city in klai server.

Team name is OverJustice

so what is up with my characters head when moving its like spazing out and looking at the screen and shit

after scouring everything, it seems this is an issue exclusively with AMD cpus. Joy.

oh that explains it fuck me for not having a amd cpu

they're coming out with pied piper hidden class at some point, it's a archer branch appearently

no idea details of that, there's a few hidden classes available right now

whats the deal with monks?

Ill make a rune master after work. How do I go about joining the guild? Team name is rittles

They are useless in grindan parties

Did bokors get buffed from beta?

which other class useless? are sadhus good for parties? what about the zombie fags?

Circle 3 bokors are god tier for PvE, i'm unsure how they are late-game though

I've heard a lot of mostly negative things about sadhu, not sure about that one

grind parties at high level areas want mainly

linkers, healers, tanks for taunting, ice mages for ice tree, archers

monks are really high dmg but not good with mobs

Is the economy still fucked from the infinite money glitch? Should I look into more combat related stuff?

so whats good archer goings
I was thinking along of the line of this

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9xzip0sy8x/

economies alright, ardes are 900k cause of bots though but there's no crazy glitches giving people shit tons of money

some items are fucked from bots and gold sellers selling them for high prices so a few simple items will seem like they're expensive if you try to sell them but don't or you'll get fucked in the taxes, we still need IMC to fix this shit

people sell shit with talt too so it's like a second currency

104 now. Have so many XP cards to push myself over to monk as soon as I get to 115. Can't wait.

Is this game fun?

Its free. Its Ragnarok Online. Why don't you find out?

have they unfucked the arde shields?

Farming the 90 dungeon till lv 130 almost and getting none, only to find out I couldn't even trade it if I farmed it with another character kinda killed me.

Joining serb.
Ingame Team name: Strellon.
Character name: Larret.

Although lemme install the mod first.

It's really not though. It has some throwbacks to it, like style and music, but it's not as open, nor interactive.
You barely ever talk to people and even for running dungeons you get like 450% bonus XP for running it with a self-made group that contains at least one of each main classes, or you can get 600% bonus XP for running it through the dungeon finder. Guess what people choose?

Oh, I forgot to ask, have they fixed the pets preventing you from clicking on monsters?
What about the party buffs UI? Does it show in matchmaking now and does it still create an area where your clicks won't go through?

How much am I fucking up here?
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/xka0gf6urd/

Are you just here to be a whiny little bitch? Asking honestly here.

I'm just asking if they unfucked what made me uninstall the game.

I kinda want to give it another shot after the F2P frenzy wears off, but if I have to deal with mouse controls not working properly, bots outnumbering players, broken dungeon queues, CommanderLoadFails and a community of sologrinding, uncooperative mutes, i might not bother reinstalling.

The only reason I want back in is because I liked playing with 8/v/, but the linearity and the level gaps made it almost impossible to group up.

I really wanted to like this game, but it got pretty difficult for me to do so.

You might want to take Energy bolt and at least a level of Earthquake for the knockback, Lethargy 1 should be ok due to the way damage scales.
If you're going Cryo, Ice wall is a must take, most people skip Ice Blast since it breaks the CC and since boss monsters can't be frozen aniway.
Wiz2 up there looks like a waste of a slot, linker or Chrono would be good replacements, Psychochino has a nice combo with its psychic pressure constantly hitting the wall and shooting out ice missiles.
Also, look for some info on the Item Awakening, I don't think it should be skipped.
This is what I cooked up some time ago, not completely sure on Briquettin though.

Forgot the link
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/mt5seh4gcq/

4chan /vg/ is making fun of us again

So?
Offtopic

Just be careful with flying enemies.

you should come back cause you are cute and we miss you :)

Maybe I'll play the next MMO that comes out.

4chan /vg/ have like 8 guilds filled with boys pretending to be girls so hard that they forget to do anything in the game

remember we beat them to making a guild kek

Who are you trying to fool?

btw do you guys have any requirements to join the guild? I'm interested but i think my build is not that good for pvp.

Also lvl 169 and out of quests.

Holy water melts everything, flying or not.

there's no requirements but only the guild master can invite people

pvp in this games kinda a joke cause of the weird balancing, it's more interesting in 1v1 with people who are similar class to you rather than huge guild fights which are clusterfucks

if you're 169 make sure you didn't miss any quests, get the quest addon so you can see if there's shit you missed, even if it's level2 cards they add up

Why are you going there to begin with?

You sure did manage to make yourself sound like a whiny little bitch though.

Just like RO, then

Yeah, I had a sliver of expectations for this game and only got a broken mess to play around with, guess I was slightly pissed off at that.
So, has anything been fixed?
I see nothing in the patch notes other than servers downtime and some bots being banned

How's the guild holding up?

not too bad but we would need more people if gvg were to happen people just leveling alts

useless would probs be rodeledo unless you go full tank. sadhus are ok just mix your stats and equip right but bokor is hard to get rolling in dungeons, i hear. there's also a general stigma that swordsmen are useless endgame dps-wise so unless they can swash buckle they are sub-optimal in any party composition.

the exploit was with the DLC packs and some exchange rate, both of which affect TP not silver but you can argue selling tokens for silver which doesn't churn out fast enough because of MP shenans and have been dealt with.

you seriously plan to auto attack your way through circle 1? i mean, its doable but you're gonna have a bad time. i'm not even sure if lvl 5 lethargy and sleep is worth it, 3 and 1 at most respectively seems enough. take some quake at least and maybe 1 bolt. ice wall as high as you can. wiz 2 is meh, might as well take psycho for the damage combo with wall since your cooldown cycles are going to be horrible.
this guy has a commendable setup though it boils down to preference really.

would make sense if this game was competitive in any way. stay chill and remember play for fun

requirement 1: Cider is actually fucking online
requirement 2: there's a free slot. there are still a few i think
requirement 3: your memes have to be dank else insta-kick

listing new blood
>Strellon the hell is serb? silute server?
post server, Infinity guild is in Klai server. if you can't whisper Cider, Imix is your next best shot since the dude's almost always on and can PM Cider when he wakes from his coma.

now i know why i have so many fucking pics of you seth, you post self screencaps as much as me. lol

Pls respond

Hey fuck off, human interaction is for normalfags. I bet you use mumble too, faggtot.

I honestly don't get this.

yes, you have to live as a novice class or rather pre-class for a while before you can change job rank 5 comes around at 127~ish

as for sologrinding, its really a problem of game design more than mmotism becuase the linear leveling taking you to multiple maps to quest makes it hard for parties of friends to sync-up what they are doing. more often than not people will be porting in and out to submit quests and then just drop out of the party once they exhaust their quests and move on to the next map. RO had a more flat progression and people group up to make the best of "good spots" rather than milk every inch of the world for exp. hoping IMC fixes this but it seems a bit too ingrained in the game's design to change. the up side though, is that dungeons keep you there long eough to merit rolling with a good party for longer than a few minutes especially considering some "key good stuff" are hard to grind for which is an objective rivaling the black and white quests.

I was just memeing ;_;
Guess my meme-fu isn't so good as I thought.

see requirement 3

tsk tsk.

fukken hell, i'm shilling this game hard, IMC should pay me as a community manager or some shit

I wouldn't consider this shilling, but okay

Oh my, I wonder if I'll have enough patiense to play for that long.
At least initially game is quite enjoyable, combate gives me Diablo 1 feel. I never played Ragnarok too, so there's that.

But I must say it's quite an achievement to get mixed reviews on steam, where all sorts of turd can get positive.

I gave the game a try and I couldn't move around without using the arrow keys. I switched over to a controller since that felt better but I'd prefer not to use a controller for an MMO.

Is there click movement I can use or should I stick to gamepad?

Furthermore, I'm is there a mumble or TS we working out of? This game is a bit heavy on the weeb.

the thing is, you'll never stagnate because they keikaku-tiered things between dungeons, rank ups, and equipment advancement… at least not until you hit the as i heard magic casting shit in the lvl 200 maps.

i played since the first day of early access and was online for a couple hours a day. i am at a staggering level 110 on my first and only character but i try to 100% all the map content leading up to the mage tower funnel where i must grind hard… because i don't want to just pop exp cards unless i have to..

mouse controls a shit for swordsman and cleric but you can try it out in the settings. i sometimes stay in a low level zone and just play one-handed while watching videos. dunno about the mumble, never tried it.

Could always make a Discord. Shit is free.

Have to agree with you. Mouse controls suck dick, keyboard controls suck dick and being forced to use a gamepad is fuking bullshit.

Well, it can be as skype, steam group, TS, Vent, whatever.

If a nigger is trying to break into your house you don't argue over what gun to shoot him with. Pick one and start shooting.

So far I'm only playing mage. I don't know what attributes/skills to use. It'd be nice to just be like "What should be baby's first stat point allocation?" in a VoIP progam.

Fuck you.

My controller seems to work well enough thus far but I'm having issues swapping targets. There's a way to do it with the controller but it feels very finicky.

Subsequently, navigating menus and doing more nuanced actions that require a mouse throw me off and I have to switch control mechanisms.

probs best to go kb+m… i think. never tried but i can imagine it'll be more effective for finer controls of targeting. lol

And the pad has to use xinput.

This is actually one of the biggest reasons I have yet to try getting into this game. I had tried the beta in the past but couldnt find a control scheme that didnt fucking piss me off. I had tried swordsman, and controller felt the best but looking at all the skills from the classes over time I knew it would become aids to try and use them all on just a pad.

Although apparently they are shit at higher levels so I'd have better luck as an archer or mage, and those are apparently not awful with kb+m, but I have no idea what class to try then.

I just started as a cleric, what control scheme should I use if I'm going Plague Doctor?

You can rebind every key you know.
Game werks perfectly fine with WSAD on swordsman.

Those fucking thick black-rimmed glasses have been permanently associated with hipster douches and attention-seeking SJWs to me.

That's like a whole fucking to do.

idfk… i've only ever been a swordsman all my life (even in icbt) so really it would be in bad faith for me to say; but for sure its not mouse-enabled because that control scheme is dicks for melee hitters unless you want to facetank.

people often recommend the pad for responsiveness and intuitive control, since PD is highly correlated to PvP i'm assuming you're planning on going MLG with that shit so a pad might be best.

to all pad haters, i just want to throw this out there that skills are "meant" to have a degree of obsolescence so circle 1 skills really shouldn't be lingering on binds when you hit rank 5 up… maybe.

HOLY FUCK SHE'S ACTUALLY WEARING GLASSES!
too bad the're problem glasses

Here's what you've fucked up

-Not getting icewall
-getting more than a single point in ice blast
-going wizard 2 at rank 5
-NOT GETTING SURESPELL holy shit what are you doing

unsure on alchemist

That build and route is absolute garbage

Here's how to fix this build

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/uvyy5wa47n/

Not sure about the alchemist points but there it is

one point in earthquake for cc
Ice blast is total shit, its only use is to aggro enemies - 1 point max
Gust - 1 point max, its pretty shit as well. does a knockback, but if you're going to skip a skill, skip this one.

Given your headed for alchemist you COULD do without icewall to help ice pike and ice bolt, but its easily one of your best skills.

I have no clue why you are even bothering going wizard 2, thats an all-around awful choice for this build, you'd do better with literally anything else.

I'm headed towards alchemist myself and have heard magnum opus currently has nothing worthwhile, and item awakening is very heavily RNG. i'm assuming briquetting is the same.

I was just planning on doing coop with friends
but I'm guessing a pad still works better
thanks

That's fine except that Circle 1 has no place in Circle 2. It's always flat invalidation unless it's a buff/passive

i need someone to fact-check this shit. there's an old rumor that alchs bought up the whole market's worth of shadowgaller cards because it goes into an arde dagger recipe.

do you even Min-Max? that's endgame dick-measuring wetdream right there.

a bit to the extreme but that's exactly what i said doe.
>archer c3 because they dumb also maybe more multi shot?

i gotta standardize how i use these terms, i might be confusing people: circle should means how deep into a class, rank should be the level at which said class of a particular circle is available
like cryo 3 = class cryo, circle 3, rank 4

yeah sorry I was talking about class rank.
like fucking getting 3 circles in a given class you basically only take it for the passive, and it slows your grinding to a crawl because your skills are so much worse compared to the higher class's that you forgo because your investment in your older. While it pays off eventually that's only because said classes you bypassed to get passives/buffs become flat useless too

So where do you put all these addons in OP link into?

Awakening used to be a set thing but now it's laughably RNG, dunno about briquetting but its probably in the same boat.

I'd still like them regardless however as shown in that build

I've never heard a single positive thing about magnum opus, or any rumor like that.

These fucking female archer bots are everywhere.

seems intentional though so at least there's that. other than full support cleric backtracking for more heal tiles, i would never recommend selecting an advancement class that's a rank lower than the one you can potentially get.

curses! the one thing i don't know jack shit about!

that's why its a rumor. its pretty much doing blackmarket exchange since cards are untradable. the only way to trade them is to card battle for them and its pretty easy to just up and cheat the deal. no threat of reporting because its not part of the game.

as for RNG, min-maxing almost always has to have an element of RNG, it'll make critical successes that much more valuable. in legit RO, a +7 slotted muffler was worth quite a bit but you don't know how many elus, +5s and +6s were sacrificed creating that one. high risk = high return as they say

oh mmofags, never stop thinking your games require skill.

Alright, it's downloading now.

Room for another? healslut in the guild?

I'm stuck on the splash screen, wat do?

those are actually rare. the most common bots as i've seen (disregarding spam bots) are clerics… all of which somehow carry around an arde dagger. OP's pic cuts deep because it doesn't say that the bunch on the right are bots but us who've been playing realize that immediately.

everyone from 8v welcome, whatever class totes your goat, but as we've been saying
#CiderWakeUp!

also, you'd be amazed how many "healsluts" somehow transition into face bashing because buffs that good and flyers a shit… don't think that your tosbase builds are set in stone.

if it has the digger at the bottom, you might be loading into a populated map or your net is shit… in which case just wait a few seconds more.

else, you could always just exit out i play in windowed mode so i always just click the big red X, dunno is alt+f4 works for full screen and load in again.

wat
I usually play buff tanks or healers. If I can play a dnd style cleric with buffs and heavy shit out the ass then I'd be happy.

that is way to osexy to be tina.

mr. GMs is MIA. try PMing Imix (i forget the named of the other guys because names too long) and maybe they can summon him to invite people.

the harder she tried to look awkward the sexier she seems. its mind-boggling. i just pick a pic out at random. don't expect more…

I hate you

No seriously, I can't even get the game to boot up

Im uninstalling BDO JP for this, Is that the right course of action?

try installing flash

There are two general fixes normally suggested… the first involves the DLC so im skipping that because im assuming you didnt get any. The second is:
This is different from the regilar launcher you get on steam and if youmadr a desktop shortcut.

Might not work for you but this worked for me the few times the patcher fucked up for me.

Well, my internet is a little slow so I'll be a while anyway.

Is this build shit? tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wei1ocfgpk/

a bit,its not awful. but what are you trying to do?

Trying to get heaps of buffs for the party but maybe went to heavy on the heals.

so if I wanted to kill shit in this game, would I want to be an archer or wiz? Or are swordie/cleric any good at that, since reading around seems the sword stuff is more for taunt to group shit up later on, and I dont usually ever really do healer/buffer.

No idea on what classes in those would be good either.

Give me specific parameters and ill get you a radial graph of my opinions. Itll be more organized than poking around in the dark. Stuff like
Etc.

Absolute newbie here.

Started a cleric. Positioning seems a pain and i want a "face nearest enemy" button and then mash Z. How exactly do i melee?

well whats the most important order of those? I dont really know how much of the game is solo vs grouped, but I did read that past… 210? or something solo becomes aids for everyone.

The idea is to be good at deeps that a group would want me, which generally falls under boss or mobbing i'd imagine (isn't ST same as boss?)

not sure, but i'm just the type to research and plan this shit way before dumping time as there is no class re-roll and respec stuff sounds expensive.

I finally unfucked it, what's a good build for Doeppelsoeldners?

*Tips Tellerbarret*

Oh god no.

please help

please tell me this "team name" shit isnt what i think it is.

how will i live a double life with this fucking bullshit? I wanted an character to play with friends and another to healslut, what the fuck

which of these is the most dakka?

is controller the best way to play this game? I feel like I'm very limited by using mouse/keyboard, especially when playing a ranged class.

see pic. my opinion is limited by:
i'm open to changes

yep, binds to your steam and its only 1 per server.

i hear it is, but the same way i finished DS1 multiple times, keyboard works fine too. mouse is shit for swordies and cleric though.

wait wait
one per server?
so Could I make a family name for playing with my friends on one server, and one for you guys on another?

forgot to mention, forced ranking, because flipflopping won't help anyone.

yes. if my memory serves, clicking on another server prompts you to make a new team name. all team name-relevant things stick to servers only, like collections and token effects.

how do these classes work?

for example, it seems like paladin is a mid level job for cleric, as opposed to the pinnacle, and templar are at hte high end for swordsmen, but they only have guild skills?

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/f3csrv3ht6/

i changed the early levels a bit,you will most likely hit the buff limit without a krivis in the party, unless you get a good rotation with cds

personally I would drop pardoner and take cleric 2 or something,but idk too much about pardoner, but more heals and safety wall will keep people alive longer

WTF was up with that vid. Two skills shots(if you can all them that) and it's over for hte other team. Talk about BS

seriously this is weird, how is "squire" so high up in the classes?

short answer is yes, that's exactly right. but to answer "how do these classes work?" i'll give a better breakdown.
>typically each class has three circles, except for hidden classes which are represented by their fancy icon border in the skill builder. these hidden classes only have one circle
for info on hidden classes, search the forums. shinobi is particularly hard to fulfill the requirements of.
because it is a money-making afk class. they didn't want people just making low commitment merchants like in RO that litter the place and do nothing but jew. you gotta want to jew. you gotta BE the jew.

and yet PDs dominate PvP in kToS. it was best-case-scenario like using impaler on an immobile caster.

Sorry new to ToS so no idea what PD's are.

this fabulous motherfucker.
tosbase.com/game/classes/Plague-Doctor/

i should probably stop posting and do some work i actually get paid for
see you niggers later!

wizards are the hardest for ease of use? this does make me lean towards archer, but wizard seems rather rounded as far as damage and utility/party synergy, but thats probably in general for all options i imagine.

didnt think archers would be easiest, it seemed like that was for swordies based on what i read during the earlier beta, but i really dont know much.

how long would it take to become a dragoon?

i seriously wan't going to reply but damn the color scheme i chose might just be fucking it up. i DID say swordies are easiest to use.

wizards are, as it should be, cooldown-gated and requires smarter play. endgame they are mofuggin beasts though because of damage scaling and raining down skill rotations.

rank 7 is hard yo. time is relative though. in the time it took me to get to lvl 110, the other 8v guys have almost reached cap, got bored of grinding the hard way and made alts that are overtaking me in level already.

excuse me sir but can you tell me how to join the guild so i can become a slut as soon as possible?

fearless leader Cider is MIA.

try PMing Imix (i forget the named of the other guys because names too long) and maybe they can summon him to invite people.

cider was on for a few hours today,we added 2 ppl i think

says he doesnt exist!

it let me send a /w, but I have no reply yet

i have a confession… i'm at work and i don't know what's going on in game.

are you even in Klaipeda server? maybe he just isn't online. lol. there are other guys, i'll try to post a guild list later.

you can see guildmate names here:

maybe check if GoldSweeper is on.

i'm pretty damn vain and only really take pics of my own character.

How to play keyboard swordsman;
1. use keyboard mode
2. bind attack to f12
3. use ahk to macro f12 to lmb
4. dont facetank, jump over mob and mid-way attack.

here is decent build; tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/e18grnxqo2/
use 2h spear and 1h spear+shield

yes, I am

I relogged and it worked

So I'm trying to figure out a good job path for a 2handed sword user. I was thinking Swordsman > Highlander > C2 > C3 >? > Doeppel, but I'm not sure what to pick for rank 5.

imix isnt on atm
only 4 ppl on atm,most are sleep or afk,im getting off now as well

spam konosuba with your dank memes

thank you user

You like to live dangerously i see. generally that build itself is ok, but note: demand for swordsmen dip significantly endgame if you don't have at least lvl 5 swash buckle. that said, i hesitantly recommend you taking at least one circle of peltasta just for that skill.
yes it is, but its for your own good endgame
barbarians are pretty much the synergistic transition from highlander to doppel

cropped a pic uploaded before to help with locating konosuba not my fault its up there, just making emphasis :^)

Is there a way to redo your build if you fuck it up along the way without having to fork over your shekels?
I went circle 2 for archer just now. I'm enjoying it; in fact, I'm positive I made the right choice for myself over the other two new classes at this rank, but I can't help but wonder if I'll end up regretting it late in the game.

I made a soldier, going through making leveling choices that feel natural.
The game is pretty neat so far but I randomly gained 7 levels for no reason and now I've maxed out until I do the proving quest for my advancement. Weird anyway.

forum babies are crying for circle reset and nobody's listening to them

you can always just reroll but i hear people naturally go archer c2 because they don't particularly like the options then chance to a new class by rank 3. the only big benefit of changing class really is just for skill rotations, but if you can live with the cooldowns then its not a bad move.

you earn stat points yes the permanent kind you get when you level from special events, quests, items (might just be a specific stats),
and finding that particular statue hidden around the place. if you think not 100%ing the map is ok, just remember that you might be missing that secret stat point statue or at the very least chests.

Where do I get daggers? At least the most basic ones?
Player market sells some high level shit for bazillions of monies, but NPC shops don't have anything.

Where are the starting ones?

lowest level one is for lvl 75 and its the motherflipping arde dagger of destiny. not sure what class or level you are, but if you need it bad then you're going to have to pray to RNGesus that you get it dropped in the lvl 90 dungeon. i suggest sticking with a good shield for now otherwise.

i can imagine a Knife would be ezpz when you hit 120 even if you have to buy it.

What the shit? Who though it's a good idea?
Talk about poor game design.

well that's the kind of gap is the effect of releasing before you're fully ready. they have so much content planned but not yet tangible, this is only one of them.

i would imagine, though, that they might introduce an attribute to enable dual-wielding instead of introduce low level daggers. possibly introduced to certain rank 2 classes and available to all classes by rank 3 just to keep things niche.

Hey so I just started ToS and while playing I was fiddling around with the control schemes and now my UI is gone, I think I hit alt and something, did I accidentally go into a screenshot mode? I'm having trouble working out how to get it back.

i didn't even know ToS had that. my vanity is pleased.

Plebs gonna pleb

don't judge fps T^T

So any level 20ish fags in the crystal mines want to party up?

I'm lvl 29 in a 45+ area. does this game penalize exp from higher level mobs or something? I've just been blazing through the quests and now I'm in over my head.

I'll join up with you if you want. Team name is Leish.

YES
don't enter maps unless you are at most 9 levels from the stated "recommended level" of the map.

quests can't be received unless you are near the recommended level range. this is important. pop cards if you need to but if you clear all klai and orsha maps of your level range, you shouldn't need to pop cards for a good while (until lvl 40 i at least i think). to be more efficient with the klaiorsha travels, remember to buy the teleport scrolls from the merchant.

mobs 20 levels below or above don't give exp at all, penalty happens past +/-5 levels i think but its pretty negligible until up to +/-10 levels.

protip: save your quest teleports for trips back to town to repair (again from the scrolls) and sell shit. that way you don't have to spend for the trip back to the map and skip walking from the nearest statue.

my bad, i forgot i wasn't the one who made the OP so i wasn't able to include these "how to get started" tips

But I got lvl 40 equips as quest rewards from that place. Or are you talking about side quests and things?

you know what… i've known that since icbt, it might have been changed already.

but just in case its not, its generally the silver marker quests on the map (npc's get a plain blue flag marker) that are not available. i think gold marker quests don't get blocked as long as you chain them right.

if you think there's a suspiciously low number of quests on a map higher level than you, its probably still in effect.

Then I'd say it's still in effect. What a bummer. I do just fine as long as I don't get hit.

welp.

My team name is Shizunanon, can't figure out how to add people and am going to bed now.

So is Klaipedoa the americuck server? Is it possible to ruin your character like in maplestory or something? How much do I need to plan?

only way to ruin your character is if you massively fuck up your stat point distribution and don't have TP to get stat change pots

honestly the games pretty forgiving, even if you get a shit build

c3 of a class is always usually strongest, alot of people go with c2 of different classes for variety of skills, then there's people that go 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 for costume collecting and cause they wanna be a jack of all trades no dps mememaster

guild is full, we need to make an extension guild

so true

yes, yes, plan for a theme and classes to take per rank.

check out the skill simulator and public builds to get a feel for it.
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/builds/

if you need a general direction, see the chart here:

Are there any other fellow yuropfags playing on Klaipeda and suffering from lag? I need to know if its just my toaster running the game at 30-45 fps and the game screwing it up, or latency causing the game to be near unplayable.

I've been playing with internet-furendo's and I'm outleveling them all. Should I start a new team on Klaipedia? I'm not scared about being outleveled I'm more scared of interaction (or lack thereof) with you people whom I intend to play with.

Latency had some issues before F2P and today was pretty dire.

why

Because its not out yet? Its not on the skill simulator.

Take a chill pill, bill.

really? didn't know that

It even says "Rank ?" under classes. Indicating that people don't know which rank it will belong to.

I wanna play.
Never played.
Questions follow:
Too late to play?
Play through steam?
What server?

Why is swordsman easy?

I dont get why the hell classes which should be more difficult are becoming increasingly easy. Every friggin mmo out there makes all the sword and tank classes easy, and in a complete inversion, ranged classes are the difficult ones.

what the fuck is happening to games?

Priest C2 life is suffering. I've had to crawl up a caster's ass to get anything done

Newfag here that's going Paladin. Should I take a level of Dievderbys, or a second level of Krivis? When should I start using XP cards?

You'll hit a wall at 40. Use them then.

As far as builds go I have no idea, but you should probably go more in depth for accurate help from others.

my controller uses d-input and works fine, of course if it didn't i'd just use x360ce. comfy controller mage is the only reason to play this shitty game.

Holy shit never seen so many fucking bots. Can't even grind to the level I need ot the next area sinice all spots camped by bots.

Anyone got a good way to make some money? lvl 25 Cleric/Priest.

Asking since everything is so fucking expensive on the market and I'm making shit grinding.

Did you think you would have a lot of money at level 25? Why? I don't understand why money is a thing you worry about at level 25.

it seems like the orsha quest areas have less bots so you could just buy a teleport scroll and use those, unless you've done that already

This.
Newbie tip - if someone is blocking the goddess statue to teleport, switch channels. Only way around it, atm.

Is this a grindfest or is the gameplay any fun?

1 Its an MMO
2 Its Ragnarok Online

Thanks for the tip.

Should I pump money into attributes or should I be spending my shekels on something else?

F2P player on Klaipeda.
Archer lvl. 21
I'm having fun for now
Can I get a guild invit':
Arty Chanchann

The gold sellers use low level items to move silver around, you can check the AH and see what's the most common item they use (because the price for that item is gonna be insane), then sell it in comparable stacks.

Making money by scamming godsellers themselves was pretty fun.

Only bother with buffs, time increasing and additional effects attributes, con't bother with the +1% skill damage per level until you start getting into the higher circles.

how viable is leveling up some kind of support build?

Never played or looked seriously into this game. Can someone sell me on it? Yes, I guess I'm asking to be shilled.

I should have known.

Will there ever be an MMO that requires even Dark Souls level of strategy for each encounter?

Tera came pretty close at release, then they quickly started nerfing everything.

If you're still on, send me message and come party up with me.

As Cleric/Kriv, I'm able to solo about 10 levels higher than my current. The support buffs often do a negative effect on monsters, ie heal does holy damage. Cure becomes an AoE attack of around 10+ hits. Deprotected zone sometimes hits flyers. Safety Zone absorbs all damage, giving you time to set up another attack. Zalcia boosts your MAtk if you buy the attributes. Aukuras is a good way to get dead if surrounded by strong monsters or to bring all monsters to you and then hit with an AoE for solo farming.

It's casual comfy. Good relaxing music, able to play on a controller while laying in bed and drinking beer or getting spooned by your trap waifu.

why

Maps are way too slow. Performance is shit. Way too many bots. Slow fucking respawns for a grinder.

Maps are way too SMALL. SMALL.

Is that mod the quest thing I keep seeing people talk about?

alright, cup of salabat ready, now back to shitposting

general rule is to do whatever the fuck you want, seriously, we won't judge. if you do hop into Klai then maybe some of us there to bum with but you could just as easily stick a flag in the EU server and get anons to join you there.
i'm from the ph and am considering transferring over to an SEA server if friends get established there

No, hell people who started in f2p are already reaching my level and will have passed me by next week. steam is the only way for iToS methinks. a bunch of us in Klaipeda, but you can go to whichever is best ping for you and just ask for fellow anons there. don't want to ruin your experience trying to force klai server if ping is bad.

guessing you mean in the graph? i think swordsmen are easy because they can tank-and-spank with low cooldown skills that have good spike dps. think you're playing half-asleep, you could still be playing a swordie and not be constantly dying. rest assured that this lasts only until midgame, endgame they say swordsmen a shit because they get out-dpsed by even offensive clerics with buffs, so its swash buckle or kicked from party

idk about the paladin, but use cards when the map you are currently on has a recommended level 6+ higher than yours. generally this happens around lvl 40+ IF you swap back and forth between klai and orsha maps of the relevant level. remember to buy warp scrolls for a measly 500s instead of paying the jew goddess warp fee. also use quest teleports for free cross-map trips getting back.

remember to report. if channel hopping doesn't help, then spawn-camp for quest mobs since the bots usually have a run path. not really a solution but its your best option. they get sparser later.

grind mobs that drop vendor trash equips/recipes, i guess? you could be a god by farming the coveted Tanu Flower which one of the guild anons got. its major smug points.

attributes i still regret burning all my money instead of saving up for the 350k tokens.

this is preference only, but save as much as you can for a token (currently 350k), getting only key attributes that make your build work. avoid the super gold sink cloth/leather/plate mastery. also don't forget to upgrade your items options really open up at 75 so don't go crazy with the anvils, +2 is about as high as you ever want to go to save money. set aside some cash for a good weapon when you hit 75
also arde dagger, the dream

unfortunately guild is full right now… i've heard of a bunch of other lvl 20+ anons to party with if you read up there though. Leish and Shizunanon i think

if you're admittedly a casual gamer who likes customization and cute aesthetics then this is the perfect game for you.

Holy shit

Is someone just mashing your * button while you're typing?

i just like the effect its less boring to read. monotony is the enemy. :3

Fun to read? I didn't fucking read your post at all because of it.

its a longass wall of text. i wouldn't even read it if i didn't see a (you) somewhere among those links. lol. you didn't miss out on anything.

Jesus Christ how fucking rare is Chupucabra skin I've been grinding them for 20 minutes just for muh journal completion

and of course I finally get one a minute after posting

low drop rates mean they're much more satisfying when they do drop. but 1% on a common mob is still ezmodo. once you see low-spawning "large mobs" that drop specific rare loot, you will know true pain.

DON'T SELL YOUR VUBBE FIGHTER BLOOD! THAT SHIT'S RARE, USEFUL, AND EXPENSIVE AS FUCK

Well, crap. It is the start of RO all over again. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a direct copypasta of the original bot code, too.

It's been like this since the second week of early access.
You'll probably run into highlanders with infinite range attacks farming entire spots by themselves while standing still on some cliff or behind a wall as well.

I can't believe IMC seriously thought that a report system was enough to stop the bots, what a bunch of drooling retards.

reminds me of the pathfinder game the first time I played a witch. GM is a vengeful motherfucker for no other reason that the joy of cruelty.
then the next boss fight
>having fun as the witch. didn't have much offensive power, but I played a nice roll with evil eye. I don't know how others would have done it, but our group decided that since it was a witch power and not a spell, that I could do it as much as I wanted. spent the whole time debuffing enemies for the party to handle
>everyone breathes a sigh of relief because their power-leveled characters (due to overcoming the GM's impossible odds every time) don't need to die
I've never had as much fun with TTRPGs as I did with that group. It's a damn shame it didn't last.
saged for off-topic.

send help

PK him

How does the Simony skill work?

Does it allow me to become a Jew?

No, the profits are minuscule for selling scrolls.

I want to make money off other players, what's the best way to do this?

So how the fuck do I equip gems? It says right click to bind and when I do it tells me to click on an item but when it do it just picks that item up or un/equips the item. Gem does nothing.

probably the same guy shouting uncut>cut as well.

Sell your ass Real life hook ups, like that one bitch in wow the one that fucked somoe guy for a flying mount

Go to a blacksmith too unlock the items gem slot, you have to pay for each slot, then you can equip a gem

I would have to agree, when you list all the pros and cons of each site, 4chan ends up being better. Only the Holla Forums board here is worth a damn.

Selling vibe fighter blood and meme daggers.

Few, quick questions.

What's really underrated/used at the moment (and not because they suck but because no one wants to play them)?

What server are most people on? I keep seeing Klaipeda, but isn't that the Early accessers servers?

What pros does 4chan have over Holla Forums?

yes and maybe.
I just started and joined Klaipeda.
I don't see many bokors.

the only thing I can think of it has more that just Holla Forums, Holla Forums, and /deadboard/, and that it's more populated.
Doesn't matter though if they all get triggered by inane shit and you get banned for being caught up in great triggerings.

Does halfchan even have any pros?

I've gotten used to slower boards, I prefer them to the bigger ones.

remember
>we're not SJW cucks

simony is heavily taxed which is a bitch. 50% i think. IMC and their gold sinks mang. otherwise, you can make decent afk money but only "rich" players bother with the scrolls because you can live without most of the time. Daino is pretty important endgame though and krivis aren't always around.

you gotta punch a hole into your equipment first to stick the gem in. talk to the repair npc in town and realize that they do more than just repair shit. remember, hole takes 1 potential, removed gems lose one level. generally people don't bother with slotting gems until level 220 gear with level 5-6 gems (don't even consider going any higher, the exp required to insane).

protip: gem roasting alchemist skill removes the negative effects of gems for a price. once you remove it, its gone forever even after you level the gem some more.

if you do want to give it a shot, at least the silver cost is pretty low at early levels. try to save your red gems for the collection though, there's one that needs 9 pieces.

item hunting
services
>i think fletcher was supposed to be a crafting class too but probs going to be "appraiser"
hire
>well-specced chronomancer's are hired for grind runs, not sure if missions or whatever
don't quote me on this, but i heard it a long time ago

underrated but not underpowered (own opinion)
possibly underpowered

klai is ok because some of us are there, but i really don't want people dropping the benefit of good ping just to force themselves into klai. guild is also full and no user is close to making another templar.

Other boards are way more lively. Discussions are also more varied. Site is faster and less buggier.

Aside from the 4-5 main boards here, everywhere else is completely deserted. Creating your own board is fine but what's the point when no one visits it? I've also noticed that there's way more cancerous e-celeb threads here than in 4chan. The only decent board is Holla Forums but even it can get annoyed sometimes when Holla Forums and stormfags invade the board every time a game developer does something slightly liberal leaning.

So guild where?

so this is just weeb path of exile right?

You could make this argument for Reddit, but that doesn't make it a better place.

Its possible to talk about games there sometimes unlike where outside of a very select topics, everything gets shitposted into the ground.

that literally never happens.

that's… that's a terrible comparison. PoE is an excellent game but it has no chill. this game is chill. weebiness might vary, this art style is pretty tame compared to some anime style mmos save for the sexy splash arts.

gonna give you the regular spiel… PM Cider if he's online for invite. but i think guild is full, see

Sounds like the shit game you like got torn apart by Holla Forums.

I could also make the argument that since both Holla Forums and Reddit allow users to make their own boards/subreddits, they're both the same cancer. But I'm not an idiot to make such vapid comparisons.

But having more users doesn't make a place better.
Your comparison might be stupid, but mine makes sense.

In your mind maybe.

New to the game and mmos in general
What should I do/expect?

Oh, I remember pre-beta looking at the level and skill system and that thought that it was an apt comparison.

I forgot that there was actual crafting professions and shit in it though. I get what you're saying, Path isn't really comfy.

Fuck wish I found out about the map and monster bonus exp scrolls earlier.

I like having less users, and slower threads. "More lively" just means more shit I have to dig through to find quality discussion.

Well yeah, everything is relative.

horrors, pain and regret

Is 5 TP the max bad goys get? All that is good for is megaphones and one-at-a-time revive stones. This is pretty gay. I wanted to dress up all nice like a humongous faggot.

I like the lesser evil.

plebbit has the advantage of a large userbase. I don't know much about that site, but I've never heard of them splintering their subreddits over minutia, like how Holla Forums has all those dead porn boards fuck, even /wx/ is stale, and I distinctly remember there being 3 pedo boards. I might have the wrong idea, but I think there are also two other vidya boards here because some people wanted to reverse quarantine shitposting.

new to MMOs, huh?
grind
grind

think of a base class using

plan a rough character path using tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/

do what comes naturally in MMOs

pay 2 kawaii pretty dumb that they don't have a means to buy TP yet though. seems like a huge oversight for their money-making side which almost always comes first.

Can me explain why bots even exists?
There are no bots in other MMO, so one would assume there is working anti-measures against this shit.
How the fuck game released in 2016 doesn't have them?

I don't think I've ever seen an MMO without bots. Some crack down on it better, but there are always bots.

I don't see bots in PSO2, warframe, DCUO, BDO and BNS. inb4 shit games, yeah whatever
I didn't play other MMOs, but I thought it's natural to not have bots these days.

lel
If there's anything even remotely resembling a grind, there are bots doing it in every mmo.
The more fun the grind, the more people will want to do it and not just make bots do it.
You can report them if you want but the sheer volume of them (and that it's f2p now) makes me think there's no way that will stop them.

pso2, and warframe are not mmos, they might have mmo grind but are not mmos, warframe is gameplay wise much more complex to make a bot for, too, BDO is pretty new and also has very active gameplay, and is pay to play, to boot, dunno about the other 2.

bdo is loaded with bots and hackers though. Can't say for the other games since I haven't played them. You're probably right about warframe not having bots, making one for that game would probably be too complicated.

well, based on your examples, its tied to "reactive gameplay" ie. ARPG-style games

i would imagine its significantly harder to account for all possible events when you're allowed that many variables to consider. in this game its pretty much

not going to argue about game depth, but the fun chill game market appreciates less MLG gameplay.

So how do you get dyes for your hair?

user, please dont listen to , for he is a retard.

the closest game you can get is vid related, problem is that the pesky "strategy" idea goes out the window within the first few hours of new content because everyone playing it is fucking sperg who studies the korean guides months before the stateside content releases, so by the end of the day everyone is such a pro at fighting all the new bosses that you dont have to prep at all.

Could always find a guild to do hero mode or nilfheim with though, its pretty easy for even a gearbaby to get buttfucked by that difficulty level.

the vid related is an especially brutal boss, even on the easiest mode (normal) and ive had a party go in on him in hard mode after a good 10 minutes of witcher-like prepping only to get floored less than five minutes into the fight.

vindictus has a bullshit amount of bots, it has nothing to do with "reactive gameplay"

there is literally no game on the market with the skill and reaction time requirement of vindictus, yet is has a troubling number of bots.

See bots dont play by the rules, so in a game like vindictus, or warframe, or PSO2, when you enter an instance the server stops keeping track of enemies, would be a waste of resources otherwise, which means that the botter can simply inject a code clientside that causes all the enemies in a room to instantly die. from that point the code can have the bot safely navigate the terrain to the next goal.

the reason you dont SEE bots in those games are for a variety of reasons, warframe has no hub world, so you only interact with active players who seek parties, pso 2 (if it is the same as pso) is probably the same, DCUO likely has a team large enough to ban bots with efficiency, blade and soul is pay to play, so of course its less likely someone will invest in large amounts of bot accounts, and will be swiftly banned when they are caught.

BNS overseas has plenty of bots, just so you know, but its f2p there.

if its dyes specifically, as opposed to hairstyles, then i think they are all locked behind achievements. eg. for black dye you need to genocide Hanammings.

protip: this is easier done with the master of walking death conga bokor

Thanks. Glad they kept the hair dyes out of the cash shop, kinda lame that there's only a few colors to unlock, hope they add more later.

I don't know what's best but rate my shit build on wizard tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/km9xl7bfuy/

errr… its pretty bad.

lvl 5 *sleep "might" be too much investment~

Well shit user, I just want to shit out damage as wizard. I'm already starting with my pyro 1 but i'm willing to restart my character. I'm hoping something damage oriented. Another build I was thinking was wizard 3, elementalist 3, and Warlock for those huge AoE damage but those casting time are a pain in the ass

well, if you're playing on low ping and aren't shit at dodging or you plan on beefing up with con+armor, you don't really need to pump reflect shield. its just a layer of safety which is never bad to have around. idk, maybe you can spam bolts and make it worth it at some point.

w3>ele3>warlock is actually a min-max wizard favorite because of quickcast meatball. leveling wiz 2 is hard though, might not be comfy for a first character. magic missile you get at wiz 3 is a godsend though so yo don't completely suck until you hit elementalist. another option is to go ele2>rune caster2.

i'm not saying your current pyro 1 is unsalvagable, but you did ask to rate your build.

idfk who that guy is but seeing him in your post makes me feel sad for some reason

Well i'm thinking of replacing linker, I was gonna use it to share damage dealt and round them up. Thinking of pyro 3 or psycho for fun. I still have 5 skill points to spare on wiz 1, only 5/5 on bolt and quake.

Are rogues still shit like they were in Ragnarok? What's decent for a support archer?

i can't play that yt where i am but i remember exactly what its about. lol

RO Rogue vs ToS Rogue
✓dagger + bow
✓sneaky
✓backstabbing for massive damage
✓steams magics
✓evasion

pick one

archers are all 1001 ways to deal damage… but if i had to choose, sappers are probably the most technically supportive as they can make terrain hazards. hunter for maximum utility.

thread y u no bump?!

I don't even need to sage you, faggot

So I've looked at the soldier classes and I think I might be going full Barb but I can't decide if I should do that or go for highlander then squire
Not often I don't go buff tank.

Stow the cancer, newfag.

There's a bump limit, somewhere around 300 posts. You're not supposed to make new threads until a it reaches post limit (750ish) or page 15. People will ctrl+f in the catalog to find the thread in between hitting bump limit and the making of new threads.

sage isn't a downvote god damn kids get off my lawn

It literally is.

Sappers seemed like the obvious choice for field control with their traps. I was thinking they might benefit from having the mobility of scouts and the likes. The Quarrel Shooter's Deploy Pavise seemed like it might help out for defending other ranged classes as well.

Does debuffing work on bosses? And are the shields and spiked wall traps that Quarrel Shooters and Sappers work on bosses?

I'll also look more into investing in damage dealing then if I go with making an archer.

Go Pyro 1- linker-pyro 2, you'll have an easier time leveling and running dungeons.
Take at least Lethargy 1 for the 20% bonus strike damage and remember to cast it on bosses. Energy bolt and earthquake aren't really imoprtant, you'll stop using the first as soon as you get fireball, and you'll soon start to hate the second because it will break your links.

Isn't the servant a row 2 buff?

Also remember that the summon eats up 1% MP per second, so you'll want to keep a small mana pool and buy hats with mana regen on them.

I had a tumor removed already, you just gave me cancer too.
Thanks.

Sapper is pretty slow CD wise, you won't have much control over a certain zone and when people are running dungeons, you might end up with no AoEs to cast on pulls, plus, being a low tier class, its skills might fall off pretty hard later on in the game.
Bosses are only immune to stuns and freeze AFAIK

So im lost. There's so many different ways to go, but I don't know how I want to hit the last 3 Circles if I go swordsman.

Do I do squire 2/templar? If I do, Do I go for more tank or dps before that? Do people even want/need Squires/Templars?

All these decisions I Can't make because I don't know the state of the game and how wanted these are.

What's your curret build and what do you want to do?

I am planning ahead. I really kinda like the idea of squires/templars just becaused they make everyone else better, but I don't know what I want to do with the 3 circles before that. I originally wanted to pick stuff that people didn't play much, but I'm also fine with being a support in the way that Templar/Squire are. However, Can't decide if I want to bash things with shields and not die or go full on sword/spear and destroy everything.

Learning towards DPS route if only just so I Can kill things in a reasonable amount of time, but I also have a huge boner for shield and shield bashing, so my heart always likes that side.

when should I be using XP cards?

Rank 2
Peltasta is a 10/10 auto include, even on DPS and purely for Swashbuckling.
Swordie 2 is only useful for the chance to stun on auto attack in case you want to do a pvp based build (stuns don't work on bosses and you clear trash mobs easily enough aniway)
Highlander has a nice nuke, but it falls off quickly, I took it for Barb passives and stopped using Catar Stroke around lv 50. Lots of people who invested heavily into the class are crying about its damage.
Rank 3
Barb would benefit from Highlander's passives, does decent damage, but it looks like it gets outclassed hard later on
Hoplite
some guy in the guild went Hoplite 3 for the Spear Throw skill, then cried his eyes out when the damage wasn't what he expected. I'd honestly take this as a single rank since there is no better alternative.
Rank 4
Rodelero is shit, it's supposed to be a pvp cc class, but does fuck all.
If you really want to go squire, Arrest can't be used while mounted, so you might want to consider another rank in Hoplite for more Finestra goodness and Spear Lunge that will increase your damage.
Cata is a nice mobile dps class, but it'd be better to go balls deep into it rather than taking a single level.

The first XP reset is at the end of lv 45, you'll fly to 50 by grinding mobs for a few minutes, so you might want to pop them from lv 40ish and hit lv 46.
After that it's every 40 levels.

I don't know if I'm cursed or blessed

Old RO player here, this game looks sexy. I'll join on the SEA server if anyone's there.

Also, what's a good stat distribution for a Quarrel Shooter?

Just go on Klaipedia since its not tied to any region.

Definitely cursed

What are XP resets?

if you do go SEA, keep posting, i might transfer there someday if we get an 8v guild rolling there.

exp required to level up scales up every level except for these so-called "XP resets" which drops the requirement significantly. example, it might take you 500 mobs to get from 85 to 86, but only 3 mobs to go from 86 to 87… after that exp requirement it increases rapidly again. there's a graph floating around but i don't have it. sorry

Right, so I'm playing cleric and just job advanced to circle 2 cleric

Honestly the classes in this game confuse me a tad, like I can't switch on the fly right? So why get a second circle in something like cleric or is it that cleric while being a basic class can still fit a niche

Any advice?

Stuff like heal will never EVER be obsolete because its based on maximum health. So you'll see a lot of Cleric1 and then Priest3 or Krivis. Honestly being Cleric1 and Priest3 myself (no int or spr invested) myself and seeing Heal(5) healing anyone to full with 2 charges to cast makes me really glad I can still off (or solo heal) instances at 120ish with Mass Heal (also percentage based). 3/4 Cleric1 skills will never be fully obsolete from what I can tell and even deprotected zone seems to help me farming.

And just to clear it up, you are always all classes you picked at the same time. With all spells you have picked at the same time.

I want to be rare support magic built with very strong supportive abilities. What should i go for?

Linker/Chronomancer seems to be exactly that. Thaumaturge too obviously, but I've never seen one of those.

New KToS patch nerfs the shit out of stone skin for PvP. Should I not bother with it for my full support priest/chaplain and switch from a full SPR to a hybrid int/sp one or is full SPR still ok given skills like mass heal and aspersion still scale off it?

Which one of them is most durable? I don't want to be squishy.

You can get 2 or 3 circles in Cryomancer. Had a cryo3 literally tanking the level 90 dungeon with his shield and tree. Also seems like one of the most if not the most popular class for most builds.

I have no idea whats beyond level 125 though.

Is there a possibility to respec your skills? Does it cost IRL money? If not I'll just reset because I see myself using more pyro skills than my basic wiz attacks

So how do you turn in item for the Collection sets? I collected all the damn items and it still reads XX:0/7

HERE IT COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMES

FINALLY YES

PROTIP: NEVER LEVEL A MONK IF ITS NOT YOUR FIRST CHARACTER

WOOHOO

There are NPCs that manage your collections for you. The one in Klae is directly north of the warp statue.

what the hell? I could have sworn there were a bunch more posts in this thread last night

never mind, cripplechan is just cripple

Kiwiland here, I'd be keen. Though if you guys are going to and I do make the switch, can I take my character with me or do I have to make a new one? I don't want to continue grinding only to have to reset all of my progress.

Also everyone post mains.

circle 2 cleric is more of a legit healbot than priest which focuses more on buffs. krivis is great party utility. honestly, though, people don't normally go cleric 2 immediately because skill downtime is pretty steep, they often go into priest or krivis first then maybe circle back to cleric 2 later for the heal tiles.

look at the skills of a class and thing hmmm these skills seem like they are worth it for my endgame vision of this character and then just max out those circles. if nothing fits that feel, then just pick out classes to get a good variety for skill utility. remember, as long as you pick a class of the current rank (or even a circle of the current rank), you are doing comparable damage to your level. eg.

linker fosho. maybe even diev because you got lots of support as a cleric base but then bam! you drop an owl to murder everything.

i'd normally recommend against basing plans off of kToS… but what is the int going to be for? serious question, i don't know what priest skills scale with int heck if you're supporting, con might help even more.

cash shop items resets skills, yes. but remember htat you DON'T reset classes/circles/ranks so if you're a pyro, you can't suddenly jump into cryo.

in case you already found the collection npc (because you can see the 0/7 and the requirements) then you just DRAG the items from your inventory into the window of the npc when viewing the collection.

gratz!
>now go look for a high level party :^)

don't test my vanity. lol

also
what are you doing nigguh?
i just realized i never did craft that bracelet. i should double back to whatever low level map that i might have missed it

Thankfully I have non-chan friends to play with when needed which is why I'm not on Klaipedia.

SEA server? also are you guys getting a templar there?

No, EU.

Even if I was from SEA I'd never subject myself to playing on a SEA server, la. I've seen the people who come from SEA in other games la and how terrible they are la.

The int is more for the Cleric skills so you do better damage with your damage dealing spells making it easier to solo and to have better heals. I think I'll stay with SPR since there's still useful buffs that scale off it.

Yeah, you still get a decent amount of CON (at least 100) regardless if you go INT + SPR or just pure SPR.

I rolled a QS on Varena. Can't wait til QS3 so I can actually play the game.

Hit up Liset if you wanna find me.

Klaidepa or Orsha start?

t-thanks IMC

oh yeah, i remember that. i has to repeat it like 15 times because i always seem to need a couple more seconds. funny part is, i was a swordsman that can dash… i can imagine the pain of non-swordsmen.

wiz3 gonna wiz3. thsi is why i keep telling people that the real benefit of adding in another class is for skill rotations because cooldown is a bitch if you go too deep into one class.

man, I already have enough mana problems as it is. biggest money sink I've got.
heavy shot and twin shot as archer3 make it so worth it though. My only cooldown issue is the cooldown on SP pots.

It was a harder time as wiz2 with just ebolt and earthquake though, now I spend my down time gathering groups to blow up with quickcast magic missiles. Wiz3 life ain't so bad

on the plus side, you get a ton of blue pots from quests

there was a time when magic missile didn't bounce and people who manage wiz3>ele were considered hardcore. lol

I wasn't there for the beta tests. Please tell me.
I've been throwing everything into STR with some DEX on the side. have I fucked myself?