ITT: Games that you wish were longer

Pic related.

You mean, every game?

This.

But you should also remember that the longer the game, the lower overall quality it will have.
Quality > Quantity all day everyday.

But for you it's:
Opinions > Facts all day every day

You kinda prove my point, faggot.

As long as they remove that last part, or make it less boring.

Is it just entitlement to think Rondo of Blood should be longer? It was acceptable length at the time but I do wish there was more now that Classicvania is forever killt.

Oh you silly cunt

So I shouldn't think MGSV should be longer because it wasn't good or something?

And I really like DQVII, wish I could transport my consciousness into my memory card user. Just like one of them dang ole' characters in reboot man just ones and dang ole' dang ole zeroes user knowwut I'm sayin?

MGSV did need an exta chapter. It also needed better pacing, because there's so much filler in it.

As for DQ7, it's probably my favorite of the series, but it's so huge already.

Seriously it was ridiculously short compared to the original games.

The best parts of the game was the facelift and soundtrack fidelity. Fusion's sprites seemed really murky and soft while Zero Mission was properly sharp.

The Phantom Pain should have been a completely different game instead of Peace Walker 2. But so many fucking normalfags complained about there being too much story so instead we got a half cooked mess.

Fantastic and diverse environments, powerful guns, wide variation in enemy type, and a decent (if bullet-spongy) opponent on the highest difficulty.

A bit too much 'muh yiddish sekrit technology' for me, but I didn't give two shits about the story anyways. Stealth mechanics were an afterthought, and a poor one at that, but I don't play the game to not shoot people.

Kinda cheating with the 4th one since its DLC, but I still wanted more.

Ditto on the Metro сторонник

I thought it was funny how stupid the jews were in that game considering how advanced their tech was like for fucks sake why didn't they just give some shit to the allies after the nazis stole some of their tech?

So you literally want just NES Metroid?

There was going to be a literal shoah forever and they still didn't give the goyim nothing. I guess the whole games plot can be summed up as fucking jews wouldn't give something away if they were going to be exterminated as a people.

Would you really though? Even a good game can be too long and then it'll be less good.

Not if you've played any real arcade action experiences. There is absolutely such a thing as too long for a game that's expected to be played in a single sitting requiring tense focus the whole way through.

Here are two examples of games that are too long for their own good. Sin and Punishment 2 has without a doubt the worst case I've ever experienced of this; it's maybe two and a half to three hours a playthrough and you feel too exhausted to go on only halfway through.

I am however not a fan of the 5-stage paradigm started by CAVE beginning in the early '00s or so and copied by a lot of other developers afterwards. 5 stages for a scrolling shooter is a little too short for my liking. 6 is OK, 7 is much better.

i wish this guy actually made long games

Need that sixth archstone

Nah

MS3 has a bunch of downtimes though do even if it's a bit over 1 hour it's bearable, there's a game I can think of that has no downtimes at all for ~55min and require ever increasing levels of focus up until 45min, I generally stop feeling my arms around that mark.

More like 80 minutes or even longer for a complete scoring run depending on how much milking you end up doing.

You are right that run and guns like Metal Slug have the benefit of slight breaks since you control the scrolling speed (though you're still pressured by a timer that runs down until it kills you).

You get no such luxury in autoscrollers, on the other hand.

Mirror's Edge, even though I'mm really disappointed in how the new one is shaping up.

What, you LIKED the boring stealth section?

It was a better game, so sure.

Demon's Souls is crap it feels all floaty and gross and the world tendency stuff is asinine and just makes you choose between side-quests and online play. I'd be up for a redux if they fixed the physics and re-worked the entire world tendency. What's there is pretty solid it's just bogged down by so much garbage.

Yeah dice's battlefield 1 talks have made me given up all hope for ME2 to be any good. Who knows maybe it will be fine if you skip all the cut-scenes or something.

I actually really liked the stealth scene it was a good change of pace and really surprising when it happened. Even now it's a fun little section when I'm trying to do a no saves run just like 10 minutes at the end of the game that you're in absolute danger in.

That's probably an intentional design on both games, user. Fusion in general had a kind of "organic" tone to everything about it due to Samus's new existence as a genetic hodgepodge from the Metroid vaccine and, essentially, becoming a white blood-cell for the BSL (up until she kamikazes it into SR388 anyways), in addition to fighting both old and new enemies with the X wearing their faces, up to and including an X possessing Ridley's corpse

Meanwhile Zero Mission was a (quite literal) recount of the first Metroid with some added material from Super, Samus looking back on the mission that both started the entire franchise and thrust her into prominence as a galactic savior

Especially considering we never got that third game.

What I love about this game is that it's long enough on first playthrough (10-12 hours) but much shorter once you know the game (less than 3 hours)

You have to be 18 or older to post here

You can beat the first game pretty easily in like four hours, how short is the new one?

What about Fist of Mars? That wasn't short.

Good thing I'm 21. Go play your outdated NES game.

Varia Suit > Zero Suit

I expected better from you faggots
The length of the game was one of the few downsides it had

Just finished it, my first Metroidvania. Thank God there's Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Dissonance, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclesia still for me to play, because I beat Aria in like 2 days. Then again I was playing like nonstop, holy shit I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years

scope vs polish
you can't have both
you will sacrifice one for the other

Holla Forums has genuinely ruined Wolfenstein for me. Not that I'm complaining

They're not wrong. Zero Mission is a shit remake that almost entirely misses the point of the source material.

The other being the final boss fight that involves climbing those fucking ropes. That was some bullshit.

Twice the length would have been acceptable.

well that was easy

6 days would have made it too easy.

I mean content-wise.

Also it already was too easy. The game suffers from Fallout Syndrome. More content to give an actual reason to hunt all its character-building goodies would have gone a long way towards making it a better game.

I'd have loved Majora's Mask even more than I already do if like 75% of the masks weren't useful only for getting a piece of heart. More utility masks like the Blast Mask would've been stellar, and maybe an item you need to go out of your way to get that lets you dick around as Fierce Deity outside of boss arenas.

Why are you spoilering objective facts?

People like you are exactly why we get no-effort remakes like Twilight Princess HD.

If they do a sequel do you think they'll make the game they originally wanted to make?

No_

I sincerely wonder what it's like to be this stupid. The presence of short shitty games instantly disproves this stupid dichotomy.

nah
some devs are retard user

godbane myself to pay respect

who*