PSP or PSVita

Okay guys, poorfag here. I have some money saved up, enough to buy a PSP. I could buy that being full aware of the vast homebrew capabilities of said console, or as i just realised, i could save up some mre for a PSVita. That is, if i can load PSP and PSX backups like on the PSP while buying a Vita game like once a month.
I need some advice here if it is worth it or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_318.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PSP easily, if you're on a budget. PS Vita is good if you have tons of dosh to drop on japan games/weebshit.

I got a vita simply because I'm a huge fan for MGS 2 and 3, and playing it on the go was something I couldn't even comprehend as a kid. also because it was an xmas gift and I couldn't think of anything else I wanted at the time

But definitely PSP, if you're the kind of person on a budget, or want access to a ton of free games on an easily replaceable device. I got yet another one recently, I keep losing/breaking them somehow and I loaded up a shitload of VNs, japshit, and DoA simply because I missed out on them.

Quick tip though, don't get one if you're not on the go very often. There's almost no point in buying any form of mobile gaming device if you're on the computer a lot, because you can emulate the PSP with a controller, or simply play other PC games in your backlog. Got mine a month ago and I've only used it like 4 times. Good luck.

psp
vita

Both are great systems, but I will recommend a PSP more if you are on a budget and like to get free games and emulators on it.

The Vita is a great system, but the memory cards are ridiculously expensive, and on an 8gb or 4gb memory card you would have to juggle between games like crazy.

Wait….has vita been hacked or something? Is it time to actually dust it off?

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_318.html

Looks… complicated.

If you're a poorfag, the PSP would be a smarter choice. A vita+a 32/64gig memcard is a hefty sum of cash, and that's before you start buying games.
That being said, since you're considering the vita, it would be smart to find a few games ahead of time that you would be interesting in playing before you buy one.

I enjoy both, but if money's tight the PSP would likely be the better purchase for you, between ease of piracy for PSP ISOs and PS1 eboots, as well as portable emulation.

If you care about money, just buy a PSP, CFW it and enjoy free games until your ass is full of them.
PSvita doesn't have a way to pirate yet, so for your spending you have to add future games you will buy and probably import.

I have a Vita hacked to play psp games using the Pool Hall Pro exploit. It was a huge pain int he ass and now I can't update my vita firmware or get things from the PSN store without killing my hack. A lot of newer Vita games require later firmware than I have so I just can't play them at the moment.

I don't really mind because I like playing my PSP roms on the Vita Screen with a second analog stick, but if you just want to play PSP games just get a PSP off ebay. I got a sweet one for around 60 that I bought while I was waiting for an exploitable game to show up on the PSN store.

Let me get this straight.
This hack is only useful to play PSP roms?
You fucker, I thought I could play PSvita games.

They're both awesome. With the Vita you can get newer games and they're usually $20 cheaper than their PS4 counterparts plus tons of niche stuff or with the PSP you can be a fullblown pirate and not even pay for anything. it depends what's important to you and how much you like anime girls.

yuuuup. For some reason the Vita is locked up tighter than a nun's cunt. There are hacks to let you play PSP games and hacks for homebrew/emulators but that's it.

What game?

The new Corpse Party perhaps?.

Looks like corpse party.

If you can't pirate a console is not worth getting it.

both are useless, Vita is useless because nogames and PSP is useless because the average Smartphone can do everything a PSP can, including play PSP games

Cheap wise, PSP no doubt.
PS Vita is cool, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone on a budget. With the Vita memory cards, you go 64 GB or bust if you ever consider collecting for the Vita.

Yeah Blood Drive

Yeah, I'm replaying to baiters.

I've gotten by fine with a 16gb card and I own a shitload of games. If you're gonna buy every Atelier game just keep them on your computer or something. I paid $20 for my card. I'm not paying 4-5 times that regardless of how much I like the system.