North Dakota Bill 1391 - No Federal Gun Laws

> legis.nd.gov/assembly/65-2017/documents/17-0862-01000.pdf

North Dakota just said, "Yeah fuck the National Firearms Act, wez gonna make our own guns" and now it might become legal for me to own a fucking tank.

Other urls found in this thread:

billtrack50.com/BillDetail/778738
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Firearms_Freedom_Act
congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/text?q={"search":["nonresidents"]}
sdlegislature.gov/Legislative_Session/Bills/Bill.aspx?Bill=1072&Session=2017
archive.is/sgVAN
youtube.com/watch?v=S3cFfM3r510
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was always legal for you to buy a tank.
Still this is awesome.

Brother, this is beyond awesome. It means I can finally build a Luty, and own one. :D

So let me get this straight…
I can build an 80% AR receiver and drop an auto sear in it and not go to jail in North Dakota?
I can build a full auto Sten (hey, they're insanely cheap no bully pls)?
This is incredible news.

so can you legally own a flamethrower in north dakota now?

You can legally own a flamethrower in most states, but yeah. You can totes build a tank, and have a gun company give you the ammo for it. You no longer have to register anything here.

Welcome to NoDak friend. We enjoy gun rights.

Excuse me while I look for cheap real estate and jobs in ND.
Brb.

Did the bill pass?

did the bill pass or is it just proposed?

This is fun. Utah next pls. I'm a redneck hunter shooter dude and I want a fucking suppressed sbr full auto ar. Oh yeah and a tank

What did he mean by this

Unfortunately, it would seem you're limited to what you can make. Fortunately, 80% kits allow you to "make" a lot of SBRs quite easily. AR-15, AR-10, AK 47 from Russian kits, Stens… If you can into CNC, you'd basically have no limitations at all.
But the suppressor is gonna take some skill to make. Better off paying the $200 tax stamp tbh fam, and buying one.
Unless… you're cool with putting an oil filter on the end of your raifu. Looks shitty, but is actually quite effective.

AFAIK the oil filter needs an adaptor so that it can screw on. You need a permit for that too.

The adaptor can be bought at any hardware store. It's just a fitting that will screw on to the threads where your flash suppressor/muzzle brake threads on and adapts it to the thread pattern of an oil filter. In any other state, you'd have to register the adaptor.
If there's no way around it, make your own with a tap and die and an oversized bolt. Remember, this bill states that Feds have no authority over what you make. So make the fitting.

I don't have any machinery, though I've considered getting one. What would you need for that? A full CNC machine?

North Dakota has several suppressor companies, as well as companies who build their own firearms. NoDakSpud Ar-15's are from here.

A small $50 harbor freight drill press and a $20 vise (which most of us would already have) will get the job done. I wish I could show you how easy it would be.

Forgot… Tap and die set will cost about $20. I take these things for granted because my dad was a metalworker and I have all this shit just laying around.

Capped. Milling a suppressor adaptor is only not illegal in ND though right?

Correct. In any other state, you'd have to register the adapter as a suppressor.
But if SHTF, of course you will shoot and make and use anything you can because federal law will not be of any concern to you.

Good thing I would never break the law because that's wrong. :^)

To be honest, I'm more interested in the possibility of milling pistol barrels. That would be a bitch to do though. Guess hollow point could remove that problem though.

Most pistol barrels are cheap enough for me. I'm not a pistol guy, more of a rifle guy when it comes to building something. Pistolsmithing ain't as easy as making a rifle imo. If anything, I'm going to be using off the shelf pistols like Sig, Glock, 1911s. I just want reliability when it comes to my pistol. However, I'm not above taking an extra AR and turning it into a snowflake or playing around with it. If you need a pistol, you need it to take common ammo and you need it to fire. But I have parts right now to build about 3 ARs in addition to the 2 I already have. It would be silly not to have some fun with them. I can't carry 5 rifles into battle, so might as well make something fun to shoot paper plates with in the back yard.

We must rebuild the killdozer

Provided you've got an 16" barrel and its overall 26" you could always have a luty provided its NFA compliant i.e no FA.

I am jelly, if i ever decide to emigrate illegally to burgerland, NoDak is on the top spot.

Bro, do you even freedom?

Right but if you wanted to avoid the legal implications of having any bullets you fire from being tied to the rifling on your bunny, then you'd want the ability to mill your own barrel.

flame devices are not regulated, you just have to be 18

Pretty much the same regulations that britfags have for spoons and forks.
Save a life! Bin that flamethrower!

Now that's freedom.

Inb4 personal nukes.

FREEDOM, fuck yeah!

One day, Barret. One day, you will be mine.

Well then, looks like I have a place to go.

same with BB's

While nukes may or may not be against ND's law, they're against some international laws. Just like child slaves.

Child slaves =/= nukes

I say free nukes for all!
Vent your anger the true free way! Through total annihilation of the earth!

I had family in SoDak in the Black Hills (my great uncle owned the 1880 Train and railway between Keystone, Lead, Deadwood, and Hill City). Kinda figures some of the first real cowboy territory would do this, and it feels good man.

I never understood where the "cowboys are southern tex-mex faggots" meme came from.

Yeah but that would require me to live in North Dakota, and no amount of dakka is worth that.

You post like a faggot and your pic's all retarded.

No, they didn't faggot. This bill hasn't even made it out of committee yet, much less become law.

Rather than prematurely exulting, North Dakotanons should immediately contact their reps know they support this federal nullification bill and want to see it become law.

Also, all you faggots here seem to have missed the fact that we have had multiple nullification crises in the past – starting in the 19th century – and effectively only the recent weed lmao shit has worked. Most notably, Montana did this exact same thing back in 2009. Actually passed the law and everything. It was immediately ruled invalid by federal court.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Firearms_Freedom_Act

So, we should really focus our efforts on NFA repeal. That would obviate the need for a doomed nullification law.

I will add that in the years after 2009 I've heard claims that while the Montana law is invalid thanks to the federal ruling, it's still honored in practice by Montana law enforcement. The idea being that if one were to be apprehended and charged for manufacturing one's own machine gun in Montana, it would have to be by the feds acting alone, with zero help from local/state law enforcement. I can't attest to the truth of these claims, though.

That said, think "sanctuary state, except for RKBA instead of illegals". Imagine the distinctions without difference the left would try to come up with, in order to support the "right" of states to harbor illegals but not the right to uphold explicit rights protected in the Constitution.

you gun fags are such cucks
just break the law and get whatever gun that you want by any means at your disposal
don't be a flaming homo about it and you'll probably be good

Eh, the penalty for a federal felony like that is up to 10 years in PMITA federal prison/$250k fine plus the loss of any ability to legally purchase, possess, keep/bear/ccw a firearm again. All that is before the federal prosecutor starts stacking the charges. Daily reminder the federal prosecutors have a >99% conviction rate due to threats of stacking if the defendant doesn't take a plea deal.

Finally, most of us actually enjoy being on the right side of the law. We just want to get the laws over onto the right side of history.

R E C I P R O C I T Y L A W N O W

If you get an illegal gun you can't train your aiming with it because people will see you.
You Torpedos are dumb as fuck to be honest.

Once reciprocity passes, would somebody residing in a blue state where it is difficult to get a CCW permit be able to get a non-residential permit in a shall-issue state in order to legally carry in their own state? Does anybody know?

you could show us if you made a video, idealy with a list of tools needed and approximate price for everything involved.
But you do you man

No. congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38/text?q={"search":["nonresidents"]}

>To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a means by which nonresidents of a State whose residents may carry concealed firearms may also do so in the State.

You TORfags are such cucks. Why not use your real IP? Don't be a flaming homo and you'll probably be good.

In all seriousness, I would just buy or make whatever I want. But where would I shoot it? Who wouldn't call the cops when they hear my full auto fire accompanied by me laughing and having fun whilst drinking a stout, m9? Yeah, it's super easy to make a full-auto. People generally don't do it because there's nowhere to have fun with it/test it/git gud. If anyone hears that shit, say hello to the ATF, kiddo.

A drill press will work but a small lathe will work even better, a lathe allows you to turn concentric holes and threads easily.

Also, if you go with the lathe, you have most of what you'd need to start making barrels. If you're making fun parts, a lathe is something you'd want to have.

saved, that's beautiful.

That is true but the lathe I pictured is pretty much tiny and only good for small parts.
To do a rifle barrel you need a lathe as long as the barrel you wish to make.
Then you need specialty drills and shit.

Come to MT, we're right next door, and kalispell is where Spencer came from.

AK, AZ, and WY have all done this already to my knowledge. Here's to getting as many states as possible to do this to fuck over the NFA. Check 'em

Not without neutering the barrel.

yes
no

If FOSSCAD can get our ECM tech more advanced than reaming barrels you will be able to make a lot of shit at home out of metal with cheap 3d printer CNC parts.

Better luck next time, FBI.

Should look into who Ford donated to and supports if you think they are all American.

Fords are shit. The only reason why l'd get a Ford is because Henry Ford was based.

You're joking, right?
We're Americans, we are not subject to any "international" laws.

This is obvious bait but he has a point. Governments have in the past seized registered weapons in times of crisis.

Ford was also the only American automaker to not take Obama's gibs.

Your point?

pleb

A little OT, but I have to ask. What's the point of a suppressed gun? You're not some assassin, don't you want the noise of gunfire to scare someone off especially if in a self-defense scenario? When hunting, I doubt a suppressed rifle is going to give you a second bite, because it's still loud as fuck and would scare game away for miles.

The whole 'custom guns' hobby is so strange to me. Buy a small Glock for CC, get a .22LR or an AR-15 with a scope for hunting and what else do you need?

It's like the people who buy a hundred knives. Mora 511 (bushcraft,camping) Opinel No6 (small folder, food) KA-BAR USMC (survival) done. Would you ever realistically need more than 3 knives? There are things called axes, hatchets, crowbars, prybars, batons etc..

Use the right tool for the right job, this vanity spending on a million variations of the same thing like you're some idiot child collecting toys is pretty cancerous imo. Like those grown ass women who fill their houses with plush toys.

Depends what kind of gun, Satan. On a long-range rifle, it's to make it harder for the enemy to figure out where it's coming from, not to hide it completely. On something smaller like an assault rifle, SMG, shotgun, pistol or whatever, it's to keep you from blowing your own eardrums out when you fire in close quarters. Because you don't wear ear protection in actual combat.

You obviously have never shot or heard a supressed firearm. Do some research before you spew bullshit out your mouth

Addendum: This is mostly because of overpressure due to being in an inclosed space. Firing the same weapon in a field or a forest will just be loud, but firing it in a building with small areas could be bad news. That's why SWAT uses them; they're usually shooting in a building.

What is?
Good accurate funs have been made for centuries using yestertech
If you learn a little yestertech you will always be able to access it.
PS Colt, Smith, & Wesson never owned computers.

Gunsmithing is a beautiful art.

Second worst to the keyboard-warrior is the keyboard-craftsman.

First off, Colt, Smith & Wesson had factories full of lathes, mills and set up machine tools. They weren't building rifles out of their garage. Even made with "yestertech" which sounds like a kike buzzword these tools would cost thousands of dollars to build or purchase today. The engine lathe and the mill go back to the 19th century, just because they weren't powered by electricity does not mean these manufacturers were relying on hand tools.

Second, even if you had the tools required to build specialized gunsmithing equipment, you have no blueprints or knowledge of how to manufacture said equipment. Can you tell me which wood they made the feed screw on that rifling machine? No, you can't. So how the fuck am I supposed to build one? "Yestertech" is a platitude, not an answer.

Third, even if you magically possessed the blueprints, materials, and the tools required to build the boring and rifling tools in your pictures, you are asking a person to build these tools with an entire shop space dedicated to construction. The average person doesn't have that large a space available.

Fourth, "yestertech" isn't available in a book in your public library. Obtaining the knowledge to effectively create the rifles the people in your picture are building requires months, if not years of experience gained knowledge that the guys in your picture are not interested in sharing.

Fifth, the guns being made in your picture are black powder muzzle loading rifles. The steel used for black powder is not as hard or difficult to machine as chromoly or stainless steel, which are required for the higher chamber pressures of modern smokeless powder. If you tried cutting a bore with those tools you would be spending much longer trying to bore through the material, and that is assuming you don't wear out your tools first.

tl;dr you're retarded

You make a lot of good points, but this isn't one of them. Lots of people with niche knowledge pools and skills are happy just to know their art won't die with them and are super eager to take on anyone they think is serious about learning.

Suppressed firearms are still around the 120 decibel "just barely safe for hearing" range. Their only conceivable purpose for murder is to mask the direction of a gunshot.

Movie quiet guns are insanely difficult to get working and even then are really around 80 decibels.

If you're in a home defense scenario where you're indoors and sound will still bounce around, you shouldn't need to trade your hearing for your life.
Shooting is a hobby for a lot of people and firearm collecting goes hand in hand with it. I buy a lot of guns both for the historical aspect and recreation. It's easy to chalk up this kind of this to "waah you don't NEED (insert gun here)", but ultimately it's pointless. If I have eight thousand dollars and want a .50 BMG, the Constitution protects my god-given right to own one and blow up an old CRT television set in the desert.

Maple.

The gun is registered as a Destructive Device, which is legal in 48 states. Explosive ammunition also has to be registered, per round, as DD's, but solid projectiles do not.

(Leaf detected)

so you sayin that you can own a tank with a functional gun and a bunch of AP rounds?

Prevent hearing loss while allowing you to not wear ear muffs.
That way you can hear your surroundings and not go deaf.

The hardest most easily available wood in most of north america.

I found the kike, buy from me you can never do anything goy with simple things and a little thought and study.

our
t. detroitfag

PS

They were building production runs I only need to make one, a one car garage or a basement will work just dandy.

Meanwhile in South Dakota…

sdlegislature.gov/Legislative_Session/Bills/Bill.aspx?Bill=1072&Session=2017

If our governor doesn't cuck out like he has been known to (read - faggot bathroom bill veto) then we got something good here.
TL;DR - permitless carry in SD

South Dakota could not possibly give less of a fuck where you are being referred from so stfu

thank you for this webm

tap and die tool set 10 bucks

its already legal for you to own a tank, if you want one with a gun on it though you pay $200 tax stamp to ATF.

hey rat

arrest george soros

Fords are OK, but there is better. GM on the other hand…

uncivilized/10

No one would bully you for wanting a sten wonderful gun and nice cheap cartridge.

This is the same bill that passed several other states.

Basically you just revert to North Dakota only gun laws, but I think the (((court))) already basically said fuck off to the states.

It has not gone to SCOTUS yet.

use them bits slow back out blow compressed air clean shavings add drill oil don't rush have broken 2 off BITCH TO GET OUT IF lucky it will stick out far enough to weld a nut to spin it out
gun smithing hobby now that's AMERICAN

Kalispell is for queers
SW Montana Master Race

KILLER /k/ CAD SOFTWARE INFOHASHES!

Save these somewhere /g/ents:

For Siemens PLM NX 11:
Windows:
186FA727C405ECD6D6E1E033E1CB2156B0243C47 // 11.0.0 -> 11.0.1 Upgrade
1C47387C7E96CBEAD015286B50ABA87944AE8191 // 11.0.0
Linux:
// 11.0.0 -> 11.0.1 for Linux not forgotten, just NYA at time of post.
D26E0924B372FD5CB505AF9FAA6451644A31A7B1 // 11.0.0
Both:
49CCE40E5D35EBD23CC1AC9E2D1BF3AAB7C8CBBC // 11.0.0 MP04 Update

For Siemens PLM NX 10:
Windows:
0910412E4C26BA537847D0E337DA57735B41C847 // 10.0.0 -> 10.0.3 Upgrade
D01F8EB4CADBDB8110495A0B976DB54A77335C43 // 10.0.0.24
Linux:
2406B329CF93923ED2F9F231DE46AF130368DCD6 // 10.0.0 -> 10.0.3 Upgrade
09FC05F5664948853698910BDA758B75B3F350E3 // 10.0.0.24
Both:
62E220A894698CBE3088972EB20E5C5192AB5F59 // 10.0.3 MP12 Update

For Siemens PLM Solid Edge:
Windows (only):
E9222F08F5892FCD148E022AC78A1C03A7DDC5C1 // ST9 MP04 Update
5CFF607A9DEC30D5D451540137908E805096CEBE // ST9

This is awesome but before anyone starts packing for a move to ND you might want to get your RWDS ready for work.

infogalactic com/info/North_Dakota
archive.is/sgVAN

Feeds and speeds for machining metals user look it up it has been figured out for about a century now for every type of metal there is as well.
But your slow and steady method works fine, enough force on the tool to cut with don't let the chips build up to seize the tool and snap it.
Machining oil reduces heat and friction your tool will not heat up and lose its temper.

Plenty of people have made rifles in their garages using hand tools, for hundreds of years
They were originally.
I have an anvil and a hammer, all the tools you need to make the reamers and cutters needed to make the barrel
It's the most basic fucking tools imaginable
Which are freely available on the internet and in gunsmithing books?
Steel, even high carbon steel is incredibly cheap
It fits on a table
Yes, it is actually.
Weeks
I can tell you don't talk to people very much. People who make reproductions or do folk crafts love talking and bullshitting with people. They'd tell you and show you anything they want.
So? blackpowder will still kill people. Never mind that you can just as easily forge a barrel out of 4140 or something like 1080.
You know that annealed steel, even high alloy steel can be easily cut with a tool steel tool, right? Or that if you're making your own tools you might be able to repair them?

t. blacksmith

Let's say I'd like to move to North Dakota but have zero job skills. What type of work could I get out there?

You missed the oil boom, but you may still find work in the oil industry.

No, right now this is pic related.

Hasn't even made it out of committee. As I said in , this has already been done by Montana, 8 years ago, and they were shut down by the federal courts.

He is and same goes for a M203 + 40mm HE rounds.

Welcome to America.

Somebody tell Greg Abbot. We can't let these states one-up Texas.

CHECKED and YES ONE DAY

Read a fucking book, do basic research, learn something for once.

(You)
nice kike-seeing eye, fag

Not that I'm a masonfag, far from it I avoid all oaths, but the eye of providence like many other symbols has been twisted but isn't inherently "evil".

It should be a state's right issue.

State's surrounding states which have more open laws revolving around firearms should have more personal to protect their borders from smugglers. That would give those hippies a good reason to protect their borders, further red states already have to protect themselves against blue states which have lax drugs and illegal immigrants, I don't how firearms couldn't work the same.

I say if you can build it, it was meant to be yours.

exactly, make all the lefties flee to gun free states and all of us will remain in the red states armed to the fucking hilt

OATHBREAKER SAVE ME

Holy shit, does this have any chance of passing and being enforced? It would be legendary.

you called?

Thanks immunity cat.

This shit is ASMR for normal people

PAY UP, OR KEK WILL DENY YOUR GETS!

sorry chaim your oaths are already done-for

I must exorcise the evil that has overtaken you, but I can only do it if you check 'em.

begone ye kike

Don't be so smug, friend. Not getting dubs only means I can't save you.

No. Montana already tried this in 2009. The federal overlords brook no dissidence. NDanons should push for the bill to become law on principle, but we should concentrate on NFA repeal which would fix the underlying problem for the entire country at once.

Thanks for the point by point user I did not feel like going through all of what you wrote but I fully concur. Another side note "yestertech" is still very available in the US and can be bought for pennies on the dollar.

Anything else is a fucking shitbox.

Dubs checked. Proud owner of a 1972 Chevrolet C10. You're all fucked without transportation during an EMP attack. My carburetor cares not if all electronic devices are destroyed.

What's the majority of racial stock in ND. German, right, if I recall correctly?

(checked)
Pretty much with some spill over swedes and finns from MN.

That sounds good. Are they very christian there, though?

can you retrofit carbs?

depends on the car, engine, and many other variables. I've seen a lot of setups with computer controlled ignition, plus a few sensors, pared with a carburetor.
I can't think of any modern car engines that run with a mechanical distributor, feel free to prove me wrong but, I'm sure emissions put an end to them quite awhile ago.

thanks, so in principal you could retrofit carbs to an EMPd modern engine, you'd just have to fit a mechanical distro too?

might be worth stocking up on kits

that's where part of the problem lies there's no area for a mechanical distributor to go, many of these modern engines are not designed to run without a computer controlling every aspect of it. some of the real new shit doesn't even use a throttle plate anymore and adjusts the intake valve timing, lift, and duration to handle the air intake while having the exhaust on a simpler VVT system. one thing can go bad and suddenly the car's running rich to avoid auto ignition.Koenigsegg is doing some great stuff regarding valve train youtube.com/watch?v=S3cFfM3r510
just slapping a carb on an engine is one thing, making something that can survive an EMP through outright mechanical means is a whole other mess of work. at that point you may as well be stocking up on cars with old ford 302's and chevy small blocks with manual transmissions and non-electrical automatics for surplus of parts and low price.

ps >>>/o/ isn't dead. just slow.