Wrestling vidya games thread: It doesn't matter what your game is

Discussion for all thing wrestling and video games.

What game are you playing?
Who are you playing as?
Who's going over?
Who's getting buried?
Who booked this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepetitionsite.com/181/676/397/fire-pro-wrestling/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TELL ME ABOUT KANE! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

Because he's a shit wrestler who gets by on a demon gimmick.

i'm wrestling between playing overwatch and killing myself.

Maybe now he's hot garbage but he had some great feuds, teams, and matches especially late 90s early 2000s

also when will njpw get a video game wwe sucks

I can't disagree with that user he was good, at a time, but you could also say that about young big show.

NJPW had a game it just never came overseas. It even used the Day of Reckoning engine. Maybe someday we can get a updated NJPW game I'd main Kenny Omega for sure.

Fuck that shit was great. I wish I could try that NJPW game.

Just looked it up and it's called Wrestling Kingdom. There were two of them released for PS2 so I guess emulation is always possible. It doesn't look as fun as DoR judging by gameplay footage though.

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

What happened to the company that made WCW/NWO Revenge and WWF No Mercy?

Did they just stop making wrestling games cause I think I enjoyed thoses the most

Enjoy your closeted homosexuality

I hope 2k17 is optimized well. Who am I kidding? At least we'll have official versions of Bayley, Aj, Bullet Club, Shinsuke. Asuka, Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch + some other guys from NXT.

2k16 is a pretty good game for capturing the flow of wrestling actually, but I wish there was more context sensitive dialogue and thst the menus didn't feel made for consoles. It makes customizing anything take longrler than it should.

Non fucked hair options for the next installment would be nice, and more face sliders because the prettiest girl you can even make ends up being a seven out of ten.

I wanna make a recognizable Sexy Star, Ivelisse, and Kairi Hojo, dangit. I also hope they make their Paige model not hideous this time.

Sandow and Barret got released recently. Ryback is leaving. Roman is still being pushed as a face. Luxha Underground is still the best wrestling show on besides RoH and NJPW

Is that what you actually think wrestling is, or is this just bait?

If it's the former, you're probably projecting your own repressed homosexuality onto a show that idolizes the female body.

Ever since discovering ryona, I've had a hard time separating wrestling from sex.

I don't remember ever being mad at shitty storywriting in wwe

This changed when they made AJ lose to Roman. Holy fucking shit, why does vince love this guy so much.

His promos are fucking awful, his moveset could be compared to Cena's and he has literally no gimmick whatsoever. Hell, he's not even face anymore and they refuse to make him a heel, he's a fucking nobody.

Please someone end this, neither Roman nor me deserve this shit.

A ripped, long haired G I Joe looking babyface with absolutely no charisma or decent gimmick he can completely control?
Gee i have no idea.

Vince is all about those skinny ass motherfuckers with original gimmicks that defy him at every turn, as we all know.

He's totally not an old fuck control freak with a fetish for steroids that should fart his last fart and let Tri take over and turn the product into something decent again.

For the developers AKI Corporation became Syn Sophia and went on to made the style savvy and Asmik Ace Entertainment went on to do nothing of note. As for the publisher THQ everyone knew what happened to them.

You must be new to wrestling if this is the first story line that pissed you off.

A damn shame

Why has quality of wrestling-games followed the path of wrestling in general?

Why did they go the way of simulation. Just make a free-roaming arcade-style fighting-game with wrestling-rules. Ain't that hard. And it would be way more fun besides this borefest of games we get, where you have to play pretend it's an actual "sport".

And oh, did i say wrestling sucks. Why did they let these fans get in the ring and pretend to wrestle in coreographed moves on primtime-tv? Has Vince lost his mind, letting fat-guys like Kevin Owens and weak guys like Sammy Inzayne or whatever his name is wrestle? What happened to men? Fighting? You know, instead of playing acrobatics with eachother?

Sup /woo/?

We 420chan now? All we're missing are all the tripfags

we have >>>/wooo/

>I'LL SHOW YOU! YOU'LL SEE!
>Winning Hell in a Cell Main Event at Wrestlemania and turning heel post-match against JEWBERG
wish it ended with Shawn Michaels

if only Stevie Richards was playable on Season Mode for SvR2006 and in full on bWo Big Stevie Cool attire
i resorted to playing Muhammad Hassan instead

To this day, I still miss Hassan. Fucker was a good heel.

These games being so broken is why they were so good, is it true that in the recent games you can't even have male and female wrestlers fight?

Lords of the Locker Room ♂2K14♂
Van Darkholme
Mark Wolff
My cock in his ass (2/3)
Catalina Video Productions.

apparently yes
unless it's PC, i think

Needs more vidya wrestlers.

yep
in 2K14 there was mixed gender tag team matches but as soon as a male touched a female it was a DQ
2015 had barely any female wrestlers and you couldnt make female CAWs
in 2016 you can make female CAWs but there's no mixed matches

Also you ahve to pay mods and trainers because the one guy know how and has the tools is locking it behind a paywall

we can only hope a cheatengine fag can come along and release a trainer/injector that lets you do the same as his (import textures without the online thing/Male vs Female/custom songs etc)

My nigga.

Yeah. It's a mandate brought on by the higher-ups in WWE, though. Think it started 'round the time they started going for more of a "family-friendly" product.

pretty untapped opportunity here

5 star wrestling series tried but it's a fucking clunkfest

It really makes no sense, wouldn't pushing strong female wrestlers that can beat up male wrestlers be the most progressive thing they can do and thus please the modern PC view?

Has anyone here even seen this bitch right here in action?
In kayfabe she could kick all sorts of male asses and still look completely legit doing it.

I don't understand wrestling anymore, it feels like it was actually MORE progressive in the old days than it is now, it makes no sense.

But it's not like that stops them from showing intergender violence. Roman speared Stephanie at Wrestlemania. I don't understand this company

Which wrestling game have you played?
Pics related, its my list.

It's a demand from Mattel, no man-on-woman violence. WWE makes a shitload of money through their Mattel deal.

The N64 games were the best.

(Checked)
What cucks.

Top kek I did the same I also turned Lei-Fei into Tien

Did you sign the Fire Pro Wrestling petition yet?
thepetitionsite.com/181/676/397/fire-pro-wrestling/

Agreed, except for this one.

Thanks for the link user.
Also Kill/bane/

Someone didn't watch the Kevin Steen vs El Generico ladder wars.

Sami and KO can both do top tier stunts, surprisingly enough. It's just that wwe's style is watered down compared to roh, NJPW, TNA, and LU

Their talent is being stifled by wwe's bland ass wrestling

What a surprise

Only wrestling show i've been watching is Lucha Underground

WCW VS NWO: World Tour has the best soundtrack. Fite me (embed is missing the synthrock solo)

Asuka is fucking amazing. She's also vidya game relevant, since she's a japanese game journalist, and loves shmups and other somesuch.

I really want to play Slammasters among others, but I can't not think of it as a fightan instead. Guess I'll stick with Slammasters 2.

Did any of the Capcom Collections ever release Slammasters?

I know a great deal of the Muscle Bomber Duo expansions are Japan exclusive.

She's dead.

I don't think so. I have the Classics Collection Vol. 2 on OG Xbox, definitely not on that. It did give me a few good beat em ups which is why I got it. As far as I know, Slammasters 1 is only available on SNES and Virtual Console if you want to give Nintendo more money for some reason.

Retroarch on Wii can emulate most CPS2 games for me, but can't emulate CPS1 aside from Final Fight for some fucking reason. I don't understand why. Maybe I have bad rom dumps.

Reminder that the company that made all the good wrestling games now make Style Savvy and that's OK

I wanna get into Wrestling, I feel like after getting into Sentai/Kamen Rider I will enjoy it a lot but it dounds like WWE isn't that good. I hear from the Super Best Friends that Lucha Underground is pretty good.

Why is it that everyone I know that gets into Toku also gets into wrestling? It's pretty strange.

The fuck? I'd check your dumps, since CPS1 games run almost anywhere. Maybe you have a bad core, too? There's something wrong, at least.

user, I like dresses and cute clothes as much as the next guy, but that still doesn't take away the pain of never getting another AKI engine game.

LU is pretty cool. Backstage promos have people die by getting their hearts ripped out and shit.

Also the matches are great.

Roman Reigns is Lex Luger number 2. That's why vince fucking loves him.

Did any developer top Smackdown and Smackdown 2?

That season mode co-op was so fun.

Toku= Masked Fighter = Lucha = Wrestling.

And both can get dangerously Cheesy and involve posing.

Big stevie cool is better than kevin nash.

should always keep female wrestlers separate. All it does is bury the guy. Does nothing for the woman, but make her look like a dyke.
When Lucia Rijker tried to fight a man she got mauled so fucking badly it was shocking. The greatest female fighters get thrashed by extremely shitty male fighters.

I thought Rin Nakai would've gone Pro Wrestling, she seems to have the whole schtick down already.

Why is Jaycee so much better than Julia?

the entire thing is too creepy all the videos starring her make me sick like she is some prisoner being held by weird perverts.
now she just loses to legit fighters in the ufc.

it's pretty likely she'll lose in UFC most of the time since opponents are always going to have 5+ inches of reach on her.

I love how they've done so poorly in building up credible heels that the only one that was able to give Reigns his Wrestlemania moment was HHH himself.

Never mind the fact that people where begging him to keep the belt cause Reigns sucked.

My god the HHH/Booker feud, what a fucking disaster, buried Booker at every step and did everything short of calling him a nigger and Booker LOST and the feud just ended.

she's legit 5'1" she will never ever be a top fighter unless she goes down to atomweight to fight people her size(and loses her strength advantage in the process). Leslie Smith sucks and managed to beat Rin. Or it could just be a confidence problem. I knew she couldn't beat miesha, but losing to leslie smith sucks.

WWF KNOW YOUR ROLE

HOLY SHIT
THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOD
WHY DIDN'T WE GET MORE OF THIS

I KNOW BRO, SHITPOSTING ABOUT WRESTLING GAMES IS FUCKING SICK

This short chubby guy would of beaten the shit out of every single WWE wrestler in history.

you should get into puroresu

Speaking of wrasslan gaems, I am legit surprised we haven't heard SHIT about 2K17 at all period. By now they usually try to shill the SHIT out of it, but yet…nothing. This makes me worried that we may be soon at the end of wrasslan vidya at last.

You don't say?
Next you're gonna tell me that wrestling is fake.

Vince wants a Rock that's reliant on the WWE, hence his Reigns favoritism.

He already has a hard-on for Samoans (Dwayne especially), but someone with enough of his popularity combined with not having the talent to branch out of WWE and thus leave him forever save for WM appearances? Solid gold in McMahon's eyes.

Mattel doesn't think so, and probably none of the other sponsors either.

That's really the thing about it: Mattel doesn't want to sell toys based on a media that "promotes woman-on-man violence", nevermind the fact that 1. wrestling is fake as shit and kids will find out as soon as they have full access to the Internet, 2. kids like edgy shit better than shit explicitly geared towards them, and 3. intergender matches can be done in a way that isn't "Roman Reigns superman punches Emma and knocks her bitch ass out in 15 sec. (with a possible concussion on the side)".

Also, you should know by now "progressives" are the most misogynistic of anyone else and won't let a woman win a wrestling match against a man unless the man lies down for the 3 count.

Because they'll take one good look at someone like pic related and say "NOPE, NO MAN-WOMAN MATCHES, FUCK THAT SHIT."

Someone post that one webm of that wrestling game with Dragon Ball Z sound effects and music.

Also someone post rick flair and the black guys saying "woo/wew" at each other.

Vince is waiting for Nakamura to move on to the main roster, he spent 1.6 million on him and has been trying to get him for years

here you go. Also in case your interested the black guy's name is Jay Lethal. He has a shit ton of good matches and promos.

So he can feed him off to Roman Reigns.
I'm calling this.

No he actually loves Nakamura and I heard that when Nakamura beat Zayn he went up and congratulated him personally. Roman's getting buried by Japanese Micheal Jackson if anything.

Please don't remind me.
Oh poor Nakamura, he's gonna fucking butcher you to the ground.

Dude Vince "loves" people like a sociopath rapist loves stabbing his victims and fucking the fresh wounds.
Even when he genuinely likes a guy he and his merry band of evil goons find ways to fuck them in the ass or completely ruin their character.

Don't get me wrong, i hope you're right, but with Vince i just don't see a scenario where he doesn't fuck everything up.

Vince is too much in love with Roman Reigns.
He's even going for by muting the boos, editing, and taking signs off that are negative to his husbando.

Meant to say far

Vince literally spent 1.6 million dollars on him and had Johnny Ace go to Japan like once a year to try and get him. He ain't spending that kind of money on another Funaki

Lucha Underground is just Mortal Kombat, only mexican. The best wrestling show is NXT.

RIP

Jesus.

Jesus, fucking Christ. How the fuck.

GOAT

So… how is wwe 2k16? is it good?

Does it has enouth tools to make my own wrestling league? just thinking about purchasing it for ps3 or pc, depending which is cheaper.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Of course not, why would anyone in their right mind watch minor-league stuff, with shitty production-values? With wrestlers who don't even know how to sell, but has to get their shit in?

I get triggered every time i see that picture, fuck Triple H for ruining the Summer of Punk

;_;

So… noone played WWE 2k16?

I bet it's like the previous two ones. Kinda slow, almost sport–game-like unfortunately, which makes it way too easy even on hardest difficulty, to the point where you delibaretly just go out and make the match "scripted".

I gotta admit. I haven't heard a theme song as good as his. Since Bret Hart, and HBK

He's wrestling Cena in Hawaii this summer for a house show or something. At least its not Ramen. Asuka is wrestling Charlotte, and fatass is getting squashed by Bork

Just as bad.

So wrestlings greatest hope going by /woo is some out of shape gook? Wrestling sucks nowadays, too bad the fans suck even more. It's tumblr-tier of retardness.

God dammit user. I have never seen such fail in a single post. Go pray for forgiveness at the alter of Swagsuke.

Asuka, Shinsuke, Joe, Young, and Valor are the only wrestlers in nxt currently who have matches on par with Lucha Underground

Also is it just me or have the last few Raws been decent? Especially last night's.

It was good to see Paige beat Charlotte while still building Charlotte as a great athlete. I like how Charlotte is big enough that most girls aren't strong enough to pin her but as soon as you go for a submission it's over. She basically has PTSD from Mattie's sharpshooter. The look of terror on her dace as Paige was halfway through the PTO was amazing.

Sami and Miz had a surprisingly good match as well. Sami is so fucking good at selling Miz's figure four leglock.

Nope, there are plenty and I mean plenty of great, talented wrestlers. Realistically, Bray Wyatt is gonna get a title run. It's almost impossible to fuck that guy's character up.

God damn.

Take your goofy flippy shit and shove it up your ass. Either member of American Alpha is better than anybody in LU.

Fuck off.

Kana/Asuka is best joshi ever. Though now she's getting hate from WWE fantards that are trying to defend Rybotch for being an unsafe douche that wants more money.

Wait until June or August. I remember hearing the most info around that time. October is when they will fully shill the game on TV.

You have no idea how much Vince likes pissing away money.

You haven't been watching Raw lately, have you?

The WWEtards have got to be the worst autistics with shitty taste.

The only problem with Kana/Asuka is that she's a legit egomaniac who left Japan because of reasons, she's like the Japanese female Triple H

This isn't reddit, no one knows what you're implying.

I love Chad and Jason, but LU has fucking Mysterio on it, Vampiro, Pentagon Junior, Son of Havoc, Fenix, and fucking ricochet as Prince Puma. IT HAS FUCKING BRIAN CAGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I watch NXT every fucking week but LU's bottom line for its talent is pretty high. It's not flamboyant flippy shit you mark, did you even watch Mil Muertes vs Matanza or Cage in a cage? What about Sexy Star vs Mariposa's blood feud? What about the promos that are actually acted sort of decently? What about Dario Cueto and his amazing characterization + acting chops?

I love NXT but shit, man, LU's got a lot of wrestlers on their roster with a good level of technical skill. Its bottom line is higher than NXT's and their top tiers are very comparable talent wise. I am allowed to say that as long as people like Eva Marie continue to exist at NXT.

She did a bunch of retirement matches in Japan after shitting on the state of Joshi as a whole, she also tried to kill Tajiri's wrestling promo, eventually she joined WWE with a lot of her moves watered down

Bray is injured. He hasn't really been on Raw. His character is hard to fuck up because he can always come back as classic heel Bray and it doesn't feel like a reach. He even works as a sort of darkish face.

If his character/personality get fucked the family can always bring him back to his old self and likewise for them. It's all too easy to do a believable character reset for Bray and him being off the camera for a while doesn't hurt his character too bad. It's pretty hard to bury him.

I said nearly impossible, Vince has screwed over better talent before.

I've never seen LU. But Vince Russo made it sound like the show sucks your dick while you watch it.

Its pretty much the best wrestling show i've seen so far. Better than any of the shit WWE has been putting lately.

The movesets are not watered down like in WWE. chairs to the head and piledrivers are still allowed. So is blood, the word fuck, literal fire, and thumbtacks.

The story is really good for a wrestling show. You can find the episodes on daily motion and it airs on taima.tv/r/wool/ or /woooalt/, check those sites for the schedule. I think it's every Wednesday at 8pm and the rerun is Thursday at 3pm

Fucking autocorrect on mobile, it's /wooo/

I have 90+ hours in it. You'll have to ask me again.

It's kind of like a David vs Goliath thing

David coming out on top is the only logical outcome and does nothing to elevate Goliath. If the Goliath wins he just smashed a small guy with his bigness. If David wins he was an underdog fighting the odds. That's why I hated seeing Mysterio clash with the giants of wrestling

Chyna aside, the women are David's, or I guess technically Deena?

That also being said, the show comes from wrestlers being able to handle each other. Diva's can barely lift and handle other diva's, you can see by the incredible amount of botches.

Honestly, women need their own subdivisions because it's boring watching huge women like Nia Jax and Awesome Kong decimate regular divas or the bigger divas get buried a la David vs Goliath, but you can't do that because there aren't enough competitors to allow for such a dynamic women's roster

Jim Cornette shits on it too, but I like it. Also I heard a rumor Zack Ryder is going to win Money in the Bank so he's going to be the grand slam champ with shortest reigns if it's true

I know like it seems like I'm shilling LU at this point, but at least the show handles intergender matches and women's matches well.

Heck, Mil vs Fenix was one of the best squashes I've ever seen after the rivalry. LU is great at how theybdo David and Goliath matches.

It all works because the theme of the show is literally a somewhat illegal and supernatural underground fighting ring. It's OK for women like Ivelisse to fight Mil Muertes. He squashed her but Ivelisse still got over as fuck from that match and she's STILL relevant. Heck, Taya had a 9 minute match vs Cage and despite Cage being Cage Taya is is relevant.

Go look up Sexy Star vs Mariposa in dailymotion. should be S2 ep 15

NXT just signed 5 more women and WWE had Dana Brooke debut on Raw so hopefully the women's belt will get better spots soon. Paige DID top rope superplex Charlotte last night after all.

He's hamming up his underdog thing on Twitter so much. You can tell WWE is slowly building him to give him a Bryan-esque moment.

Wrestling doesn't seem to care too much for political correctness. Remember, Vince runs WWE and is still a script writer.

Basically everything else is tv-14

They still hate him for going over without their permission but they can't let him go because of how over he is with the crowd along side with Mojo who they see as main eventer because of his connections with the NFL.

It's probably why his reign will he short

Speaking of Reigns haitch needs to come back to claim the rematch he is owed, claim he was further training his body while he was away, the catch Roman's spear and turn it into a pedigree. Then roman could have a season long break while he gets new ring gear and takes a short acting course. The dude needs better promo skills pronto.

I really want Triple H to catch the spear though.

As a side note, face Stephanie is really fucking hot

I would say I agree but all you gotta do is look at Sandow…

Haitch is too busy making NXT and Smackdown great again, only person who can save us from Roman is Seth or Cena,but I still want a squash match where Joe destroys the Rock's family though.

I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm THE guy

Zack is the personal punching bag of the WWE writers and board members and he makes decent money like 500k a year, they'll never let him leave because they will never be done shitting on him.

Samoa Joe in kayfabe probably is stronger than Roman

Shinsuke definitely is and funnily enough, Jericho in kayfabe could give Roman a seriously hard match. He's as strong as AJ and Sami pretty much. Weird that he's been booked as strong as he is.

For some reason I started missing Edge again. At least E&C show has been 9/10 lately

I'm not a bad guy
I'm not a good guy
I'm not a guy

THE GUY COMMUNITY!!?

Yeah E&C show is great since it makes fun of smarks and the company as a whole. I wish Edge and Christian weren't retire along with Funaki so they can team up and feud with the New Days.

Stop

Needs more bra and panties mode.

Usually if Jim Cornette doesn't like. It means it good.

Spoilers for smackdown

Tyler Breeze is done with r truth and wins ANOTHER match somehow

He then pairs up with Fandango to form Fandangorgeous

2K16 has some small undies and you can give custom girls great hips plus some fat asses

There's rumble roses

It's just not the same without the mode.

There always is…
But its more a throwback to my teenage years when I had a wrestling game on the original xbox with bra and panties mode.

>tfw no Rumble Roses 3

**>Hasn't even been put into pachinko hell
Yeah as crazy as it sounds, I would rather the series exist in some form like that instead of it not even being a thought. Shit would sell too**

How hard would it be to make a spiritual successor?

It already went through pachinko hell in Japan like 10 years ago. Its dead now kind of wish any publisher pick up the rights from Konami

Current era of wrestling-fans are absolute tumblr-tier cancer.

I was wondering if it was a good game to make your own wrestling league now Fire Pro Wrestling wasn't avariable. Or maybe should I wait one or two years until I can have a career mode with my own League and my own managers?

You can have your own rosters, teams, rivalries, custom wrestlers, etc in WWE universe mode

I want Stephanie to tie me up and tease me and never let me cum!

I'm not the good guy
I'm not the bad guy
I'm the Gay