Dark Souls 3 General

Here is the AR calculator. Hopefully something more detailed is on the way.

trogg.net/DS3Calc/

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Mimic
youtu.be/1WagY0KJ7dc?t=161
youtube.com/watch?v=RgWJtbd9XEg
youtube.com/watch?v=cXBn_1GALRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone want to do some trading? I want to make build around the chaos blade but getting it in a low level is a pain in the ass.
I've got the dragon stones and a fuck ton of boss souls on another guy if you like

Why the fuck would they disable poise, yet put heavy/medium armor in the fucking game?
Why are the bosses all piss boring easy?
Why have they not solidified the fucking lore? At all.
Why are there a million copy and pasted enemies, attack animations, AI glitches, and item rip offs?
Why are the convenants narrowed down to "this is the color I am when I get summoned or invade"?
Why NG+ nothing?
After this release, why is Dark Souls 2 not as bad as I remember it?

The official games for the series are Demon, Dark 1 and Bloodborne. Dark 2 and 3 are useless.

I hope to fuck the serious is actually over. Also, Fuck You if you are a Dark Souls fanboy.

Bye.

Why are none of the special weapons any good?
And how come making a holy weapon "blessed" makes it even worse?

Faith weapons are only good if upgraded to lightning which isn't possible until late in the game and even then it's not very strong.

Faith is just weak as usual. Even against undead where blessed weapons are supposed to have a 20% increase they're weaker than almost everything else.

Do you think the monsters that drop covenant rewards used to work for said covenant before hollowing/becoming monsters?
For example,
Ghrus(former Farron Keep guardians) drop wolfs blood bladegrass, and Darkwraiths drop pale tongues and their covenant item was the red eye orb.

God fucking damn, is Dark Souls a fucking MMO now?

There are now ways for new characters to interact with the highest level ones. The designers want the game to be more focused on multiplayer, and that is reflected in some unfortunate ways.

you cant trade the dragon stones

It's not really new m8. I remember lots of players having +10 weapons and what not in dark 1

If I wear the untrue phantom ring and put down a red sign (red in my world), does it show up as a white sign in someone else's world?
If not, how do I play a white phantom without the host attacking me?

It shows up as a red sign. You need to find an idiot or a new player.

Damn, well thanks for answering

By being a mad phantom instead.

Won't that leave a pink/purple-ish tint to the white sign?

That's why you invade instead, the host is garanteed to have a phantom or two.

So you can't really pull off a Pate or anything like it unless the host is completely fucked?

I've had a fair bit of sucess being summoned by laying down a sign as a mad phantom, you can attack enemies and interact with doors if they summon you too.

What's the best ending.
And why is it usurpation of the fire?

>Making my way to Anor Londo after beating Yhorm in the Profaned Capital (couldn't save Siegward, RIP)

Been through irithil dungeon a few times now and every time I fail to grab that item over there.

Anyone know where I'm supposed to get to it? Is it an illusory wall somewhere?

It's just a locked door on the hallway you enter the dungeon in. Pretty sure the item isn't anything important either.

Finally finished grinding Concords and got Darkmoon Blade. It's been worth it thus far.

Also got a 2nd Fachion and infused with Lightning. Wasn't as good as I was expecting.

What's with people in pvp spamming parry after you do it once only for them to fail at it and die?

I don't understand why people are playing so stupidly.

True suffering.

>after you do it once
I love the hornet ring (even though it seems OP now with 4 ring slots).

Why would they need to be dead?

PvP is DaS 3 is some of the most boring shit ever

Rinse and repeat for some boring PvP

Is she going to attack me?

It's the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring, if I remember correctly. I think you have to go through the giant's area to get to it, I'm not sure.

Did you complete her quest, up to helping her kill Aldrich?
If so, yes

Yeah, she hostile now.

fucking shit game

;_;
Ended my Lothric Knight cosplay, resurrected my Dark Souls 1 character to carry on her memory.
Why must all your friends die in this game? At least in the first one Solaire and Siegmeyer could survive.

I'm still learning the timing on all of the parries so I haven't gotten bored yet. I'm just amazed more people aren't running bleed builds with carthus rouge. I refuse to make one because it seems so overpowered.

user, I don't know how to tell you this.

Yeah, there was no way to finish his storyline without his death.

Ah fuck, I guess it was so awful I blanked it from my memory.
Even still, at least a few people lived I'm certain.

I feel kind ofl ike I made a mistake. I originally did a luck build but got bored so I switched to a quality build to use more weapons only to realize I have wasted investments in luck due to me starting as a thief.

What's the best quality weapon in the game?

I feel kind ofl ike I made a mistake. I originally did a luck build but got bored so I switched to a quality build to use more weapons only to realize I have wasted investments in luck due to me starting as a thief.

Technically Solaire does not survive either since he links the flame if you help him out.

You have to get the jailbreakers key (I think that's the name of it), and then there's what looks like a barred window at the end of the first hallway, is actually a door. Unlock with key.

Everyone in DaS1 ends up either dead, mad, hollow or cripplingly depressed, except of course for Trusty Patches the Unbreakable Hyena.

Has anyone ever been summoned as a watchdog of Farron? The only time I've ever encountered them is when invading in the Crucifixion Woods with the red eye orb. I've had the covenant equipped for a few hours now and I've not been summoned once.

I really want that sword and the drop rate of swordgrass from the Ghrus is woeful.

Wait, wait. There is, in fact, a result of the questline where Anri survives, Horace dies but you don't tell her, and she makes it out of Aldritch's fight just fine, but she STILL hollows out on the Road of Sacrifices instead of in the Smoldering Lake, for no particular reason? I'm peeved.

If you decide to be a meta shitstain, the luck can still come in handy.

Isn't that Miyazaki's head canon? Does that count as canon for everyone?

She hollows either because she is from the DSI timeline or because she took the offer for more power from that Londor assassin. After she lost purpose she became hollow.

all of them.

Oh my god
Why?!

I don't really use it in meta. The only bleed weapon I have is the carthus curved sword.

That is more of Miyazaki explaining what happened to him and why he would do it. I still just want to know what was up wit him outside of him being slightly unhinged.

Blame Aldrich.

Thanks anons, this will help during the inevitable sorceror run.

that's because it was used by gwyndolin and not the darkmoon knights.
that why they had you kill him to get it in the first one.

I used to get summoned all the time but now that people are blazing through it, I rarely get summoned
I get it relatively consistently by sticking to around level 20 with +2

Look up how to the Rosaria's Fingers covenant, it lets you reallocate your stats, although it voids Sirris' questline (which is kind of minor except for the silver cat ring though.)

FUCKING WHY

I know that. I am talking about the initial investment into luck that thieves naturally have. It limits some stats.

What? She hollows because she completes her quest and there's nothing for her to hold hope for since you kill Horace, her only friend
Or if you tell her where Horace is, she goes mad after the death of her friend once she completes her quest

Which Londor assassin? Yoel is incidentally dead by the time her questline is done and the snatcher is necessarily dead for the good end, she never gets offered more sigils. If you mean the pale shade, he only shows up to kill the PC if they peeve off Yuria after she arrives if I'm not mistaken. While it is plausible that he could track Anri down out of spite for the marriage being confounded, she clearly hollows from having to bury Horace if she knows he's in the lake, so the Road of Sacrifices hollowing is unclear without a parallel despair. I suppose she could've lost her will to go on after fulfilling her purpose and wishing she'd found Horace, but it would have been nice if the convoluted way to get her to end at the Road of Sacrifices would've resulted in her staying sane.

i think the profane flame is supposed to be fire sorcery, which would explain that and the prolific usage of fireballs by the deacons and said witches even though they're using a catalyst.

That is what I meant though. She hollows after you kill aldrich because she loses purpose or hollows forl osing hope. I am just saying she is still affected by hollowing unlike you if you do not take the dark sigils.

I kind of wonder how hollowing isl ike what it is in dark souls 3 since you do not hollow and there seems to be a difference between unkindled and hollows.

Oh okie, I only ever play as deprived/waste of skin, so I did not know that.

No, if someone has 40/40/40 for str, dex, and luk, for some weapons the hollow infusion will have a higher AR than the refined/quality infusion, even with no bleed.

She still has sigils though initially and is confirmed to be a hollow which is why you "marry her" to get her sigils. The guy in the room that hides from her is the guide that Yuria talks about who lead her. After you help her kill Aldrich and don't tell her about horace, I am assuming she loses purpose and becomes a feral hollow.

I probably should have picked that or warrior, but I kind of autistically made some backstory about my character being a lucky thief and bumbling fool. IT kind of works out anyway in the end since I like to play fashion souls which does not require much vitality.

She hollows anyway even if you don't tell her what happened to Horace.

Doesn't that go over the whole pvp limit of 125? I only seem to see pvp at that level.

Isn't the main attraction the bleed potential though?

And how does it compare to stacking up a weapon with natural bleed and Carthus Rouge?

For some weapons the improvement is very good, apparently. I don't know the details, though. Someone mentioned they had 40/40 str and dex with base luck and that the base luck was enough to make hollow better than refined.

I have no idea, I didn't do any counting. You can use the hollowing stat to turn 30 luck into 40, though. Less actual stat investment.

Carthus rouge bleed weapons seem better than everything. It's just if someone wants to max out their AR.

You can apply carthus rouge to hollow weapons with bleed which is the main focus. IT builds up bleed quickly.

You forgot Spider

The guy in the room is a girl, judging by the voice. The 'kind guide' was more likely Yoel.

If nothing else, she should have dropped dead in the Road of Sacrifices simply to distinct that end from the Horace's grave ending if they wanted it to always end tragically. She doesn't have a violent purpose for her hollow mind to cling to if she never finds Horace.

Actually it doesn't now, only if you rank up the covenant.

hollowing is caused by the fire draining you of humanity since gwyn linked all of humanity to it.

since this is a dark age you might not feel it unless you tap into the curse for power.

Why is the coolest area in the game optional and semi-secret?

Yeah, and in the first one it scaled with faith. Because he was supposed to be a god of some kind or at least the son of one.

Aldrich's new theme song.

Also it just donned on me that Gywndolin really had a hard life.
I mean he really got the shitty end of a short stick.

What's the best place to farm for Heavy gems?

Let there be Silence
All the more Visions of friendship…

This is the single most soul-crushing thing that's happened in the game so far, and some awful shit has happened alright
Why did it have to be the giant blacksmith

I always feel bad when this happens.

I fucking despise these blue moon faggots.

I'm sure they despise you, too.

Honestly, I just don't think the blue covenants were a good idea to begin with.

They make no sense when the white phantoms can already act as defenders.

I liked them better in Dark Souls.

I still fucking hated them, but at least they had to come to my world.

Now these faggots can be what they always were gankers.

I think Im going to start keeping a collection of the blue tongues, just as savory memories of every time I kill one of these faggots.

Buttpained dickwraith detected

no it didn't, nigger, it was int/dex then but now it's a pure int bow since the dex scaling is shit.

they're supposed to be veterans, same as sunbros are supposed to be good at the game.

but like most shit nowadays "supposed" is only a word.

Blue shitter who runs away to the host every time he has to face me one on one detected.

dark sword

the dark wraith sword whatever the fuck it is. drops from the dark wraiths all of them along side the armor witch is great if you want to get several sets of the same piece of armor without getting the sword or a full set.

The fuck are you talking about? Intelligence is the one thing it didn't scale with and dexterity goes without saying since basically all bows had that by default then even shit like the dragonslayer bow.

You mean like Ash Lake?

seeing as this game is set in Lordran and it's all about ash and cinders, it's kinda stupid how you can't access Ash lake

I have a feeling Ash Lake and the painted world will both be things in DLC.

errors

You find Logan's corpse on the same spot

son

That's the first time I've been legitimately angry at a game.

That's pretty funny, dude.

The community consists of tremendous faggots.

I blame DS2.

Im at the Church of Yorshka, I wanna soul farm and kill invaders, anyone down for that?

Is there any way of getting Proof of a Concord Kept without farming for hours? I get absolutely ZERO summons as a Blade of the Darkmoon.

Granted, it still took the entire time it took me to get to Anal Rodeo, but it felt good.
If you want all of them in a short period then you're in for a bad time, but if you just go do other things while equipped with the Dorkmoon thing you'll get there eventually.

Man, I've gotten one in the last hour. And zero summons. Yesterday, I manage to get summoned twice and that was it. I just need 20 more.

Using:

I'm getting nothing.

Why are you such a faggot and why aren't you using your brain? There are plenty of blue faggots down in the settlement

And what SL are you? Could be that your SL and upgrade level are locking you out of an area.

I get blue summons at least once every five minutes, sitting at around SL 30 and +4 weapon.

I am in the settlement you dingus.

I even waited near lothric wall at times because it too so fucking long.

Anri's sword only scales with luck, it doesn't increase it. The crystal sage rapier increases item discovery by 50 points though.
Be sure to use the golden serpent ring and mimic hat too.

Currently invading in the settlement, you no-fun police twats show up every bloody time

get the mimic head and wear the crystal rapier in offhand. It doesn't take too long to get all the items via grinding and you will be SL 100+ just from the souls from doing it.

It's shouldn't be the way most people do it though, from fucked up.

I dont think its actually Lordran though.

Im pretty sure a number of NPC's make it clear that the very land itself is shifting and moving to bring the Lords of Cinder to their thrones.

If its Lordran, where is Blighttown, Sens Fortress, Undeadburg, Dukes Archives, New Londo, etc.
It may be that maybe Lordran fell to earth and other places were built upon its ruins, but I'm no lore expert you will have to turn to Vaati :^) for that.

However I have the sneaking suspicion that the DLC is going to take place in Londor aka New Londo.

Where do I find the mimic head?
I've equipped the Golden Serpent Ring.
Thanks for these tips.

Do i have to be a embered to be a blue guy?

kill every mimic

or random drop from a non respawning monster
or cheeze with loyds talismans as when they go to "sleep"they generate a random drop along with their default loot and this way you can farm the hat

Don't give shit advice, do not kill any mimics, use the undead hunter charm on one and refresh the area until you get it.

You get it from mimics. Either by throwing talismans at them or killing them and getting lucky

Aw, man. I've killed every single one of them already. Also used the Soul of the Crystal Sage for its spell. I guess I'll just try next playthrough.

FUCK!

The Great Archives are situated in exactly the same position relative to Anor Londo as the Duke's Archives were, and there are multiple tidbits of information that link them to Seathe.
As for the rest, it's probably been long enough for them all to crumble; they were all in pretty shitty condition, even back then. Anor Londo is only still around because it was built by gods.

Strange, it normally takes a while for me to even summon a blue phantom myself.

Then watch the two phantoms fight each other.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Mimic

Don't mind me, just posting this because it showed up in my feed.

I've beaten the game once semi-blind with a STR UGS build, and now I'm trying to decide on a fresh build based around a weapon infusion but they all seem gimped except for bleed. What other infusions are even worth a damn?

heavy for strength builds sharp for dex quality for quality builds….

have some fun as a pyromancer if you want a fun run threw, as it pretty much gives you access to all the utility sorcerys and miricles and chaos/dark infruisions can get op fast with their only drawback being split damage witch the armor system kinda kills the fun of. but that being said if you swap between dark chaos lighting and crystal on a 40/40 int/faith character and find what does damage… or recognize armor/shilds can get "fun"

bonus points for duel wielding

How often do people use Sharp/Heavy/Refined infusions for their weapons?

And another question. How do you walk across lava pits without having them kill you in a few seconds?

30int 30 faith gives you acess to all the useful spells in the game.

that crystal chime allows for some beautiful buffing builds.

What would the best weapon be for a build with 40 int/40 faith be?

now I know your spot maggot

I dropped one from the first mimic under the dragon on the Highwall. I think you get a definite drop if you kill all mimics in the game.

Flame stoneplate, high fire resist armor, flash sweat, red bug pellet, chug estus as you wade in lava, don't get hit by slime assholes.

The point is just to live long enough to get what you want.

witch's locks if you also got the dex.

Why can't I use the red-orb as a darkmoon to invade sinners?

The guilty pay the price, dammit.

I've been using it and it's actually kinda mediocre.

yeah, the whip in bloodborne was fantastic.
this game, not so much.

its all good sorcery and miracles are good for though, buffing your weapon and buffing you.

Both of which are pointless to begin with in an R1 spam meta where you can just back up until they wear off since durations are so short and cast times are so long.

Stop being a faggot and download pirated versions.

This is all bullshit, right? It reeks of "that one kid" type shit.

How do you get Greirat to survive the 2nd run?

Oh yeah? Well, I got the Crestfallen Sword, what now?

Ayo hol up

whats in this update?

The NPC quests are far too convoluted this time around. I get that they wanted you to put in a little more effort to complete each questline, but they went completely overboard.

You shouldn't have to do a load of unintuitive things like backtracking to places you have no reason to return to, reloading areas, and having to follow a very specific order of events to the letter or risk breaking the questline.

His questline is tied to Siegward's/Patches'. Basically, whoever has the Catarina armour in their possession can save him in Irithyll so long as their questline is progressed to a certain stage. If you buy the armour from Patches and use it to save Siegward from the well, he will rescue Greirat so long as you don't reach the Irithyll dungeon bonfire before exhausting his dialogue in the Irithyll kitchen. If you don't buy the armour from Patches, Patches will rescue him so long as you meet him in the Cathedral, get him to move to Firelink and then tell him where Greirat has gone once you send him to Irithyll but before you kill Pontiff Sulyvahn.

Yes, it really is this retarded.

Alright nigger, lets talk about lore.
Specifically, let's talk about the endings.
Spoilers ahead.
You have your typical Linking or abandoning the fire endings, and then two Betrayal and Usurping endings.
We know that in the Usurpation ending, your character consumes the fire of the first flame, presumably becoming the Lord of Darkness that we have heard of (why there is still light in the cutscene is beyond me).
But what of the Betrayal ending? It looks like we take the fire for ourselves, but we don't know what happens to it.

Pretty much. I wouldn't mind it if there was one convoluted NPC quest that stood out from the rest like the Siegward quest in Dark Souls 1 where it spans the entire game and has something like 4 outcomes and rewards ranging from the speckled ring to a titanite slab but when every fucking NPC quest is a convoluted mess of at points arbitrary locations and prerequisites it becomes such a fucking mess.

Even unlocking the DLC area in Dark Souls 1 was less involving than some of the NPC quests in Dark Souls 3 like the one for Sirris where you can get fucked just from accidentally turning in the wrong covenant reward.

So I tried to make a quality build with some points dumped into faith for various spell buffs. I feel like it's pretty garbage and I'm temped to farm some tongues to respec.

Am I just fucking shit up or does it get better?

Often.

depends on what buffs.

Intend to use Lightning Blade, currently using Blessed as my faith is insufficient
Deep Protection
Sacred Oath

I feel like I'd be better throwing more stats into END

Blessed is notably shit. It adds such pitiful damage, and is only really useful in Catacombs. Even its health restoration is something that's not worth it.

I'll keep that in mind then. I suppose I should also get that buff uptime ring.

Lingering Dragoncrest is at its top potency in this game. Normal gives +30% duration, something especially apparent when using weapon buffs. +2 gives +40%, but that's NG+2, obviously.

That lightning blade will also probably do shit damage as well if you have low faith. Resin adds a straight up 90 lightning damage.

Lightning blade AR is 0.96 of Spell Buff of the talisman/chime. I assume that an upgraded talisman/chime at 30FTH will have more than 100 spell buff, so it's better than resin.

But the main issue is by how much. IT might not be the best use of levels for such a small damage increase.

Well it requires 30~ faith so I assumed it would scale a bit better than resin.

True, true. I remember when I made my Sorcerer (respecced into pyro later), at 60 INT, the best scaling catalyst, Court Sorcerer Staff, had 216 spell buff. But then again, Crystal Magic Weapon is better than Lightning Blade in terms of AR added (but magic damage is resisted by more enemies than lightning damage).

I suppose you could also use Sacred Oath, but I bet with all the buffs nerfed as they are in this game, it lasts probably like 20 seconds.

Oh, i should also note, CMW is now the most beautiful weapon buff. Its crystal spikes no longer stick straight out of a blade, but are rather pointing forward, like rose barbs, and the buffed weapon sheds tiny glowing crystal particles.

According to the wiki oath is a constant 30s, and Deep Prot will last a bit over 60s at 30 faith.

Woops, meant oath is a static 60s

That's not bad, actually, 80s with Lingering. The other question is, is the buff worth it?

So apparently the 1.06 patch finally got released. The increased "magic damage" amounts to making Farron Dart spread less. GG From.

(This is hearsay because Im at work right now)

wew laddies

All these new gestures that let you assume lingering poses, especially curl up and stretch out, lead to so much abuse of world geometry.

Someone gave me 99 great souls thing or what ever they are called and now everytime I open the game it tells me my save files are bad and can get me banned. what to do I have 80hs on this shit

It's weird how hide and seek has become more fun than actual PvP.

They are interruptible though, and you take counter damage.

Have you seen someone parry spam at U. Greatsword art/r1 yet? Shit's hilarious.

You got screwed by a hacker. If you've got a backup save of that character from before you got hacked you can restore that and be fine. Your only other option is to delete the character that got hacked.

I know, right? You have all these assholes invading and expecting "honorable" duels with people who probably don't give two shits about PvP, and you have blue phantoms who refuse to help everyone fight the invader, because "honor".

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
WALK ALONG THE RAZOR'S EDGE

It's a good thing it just shows character names because I'm sure that's the kind of shit that would get me dozens of hatemail per day.

I guess invaders just don't understand the suffering of waiting to be picked from dozens of signs and then summoned since they get that orb that they can just use at will.

All I wanted to do was get better and then the first chance I get I just get shat all over.

Dont be too disheartened pvp in this game is a shitty mess and only absolute faggots can get anything out of it.

I like running up to the honorabrus when they are in the middle of their gesturing, they almost always roll away, so I nail them at the end of their roll for a free 2 hits that takes away about 80-90% of their health (with Yhorms Machete) if not outright killing them. The ones that survive the shots are mostly people with high vigor or wearing heavy armor.

Heavy armor is extremely underrated in souls games. Wear a heavy armor set with ring of steel protection and just about everything does pathetic damage to you, even in ng+3 and beyond. I 100% agree that it is dumb as fuck that they disabled poise, but heavy armor still has a place if you have the spare vit.

So apparently some sperglord beat the game at SL1 without armor, rolling or parrying.

I think this says more about the state of the combat than anything else.

that is possible in any other game as well in the series

Link related

youtu.be/1WagY0KJ7dc?t=161

Yeah go fuck yourself

Does it make anyone else sad that there is no specific armor to associate with the MC of this game?
Like, Demon's had the Fluted set, DaS had Elite Knight, DaS 2 had the Faraam set, Bloodborne had… whatever that cover art set is called. And now on DaS3's cover is the Firelink set, which is actually worn by the final boss instead of you (until you kill him).
It's a ridiculous thing to be bothered by, but still. I mean, you could still just use the Firelink set for that purpose, but I wouldn't be able to associate it with anything other than Soul of Cinder.

Not bad just easy, shitter.

The fallen knight set is an armor that has no npc or boss associated with, they should had ised that one for the cover.

yeah what a blast. Not that I disagree, DaS3 PVP is dogshit.

God, the fluted set was so pretty. Why can't they bring back the good things, instead of smough's fucking hammer.

No rolling and no parrying? I highly doubt it unless you have a turbo minmax build that oneshots all bosses.

I loved their moveset but they were kinda shit. I don't know what kind of level to shoot for to use these effectively though.

I was actually surprised what the firelink set ended up being, like they hid it in plain sight.

The fallen knight set is the real MC armor though. It's even funnier because the pants description says whoever wore them before shat themselves.

I don't think brigand's would work as anything other than refined with 40/40 str dex, plus maybe a resin/buff of your choice. Besides I've been using a hollow bandit's knife, and it seems to do the trick pretty well in terms of bleed about 85 total bleed buildup @ 50 luck + carthus rouge. Though base damage is still sub-par on anything but backstab/ripostes.

I guess so, though I enjoy low level invasions a lot more.

Well, if you're good at parries then just about any dagger is still good "enough" for low level.
Other than that, no buff is ever gonna make them really useful I'm afraid, the lack of range is one of their greatest weakness, only made a bit better with help of the quickstep.

Okay so after having done a lot of pvp with Lorian's Greatsword, what the FUCK am I doing wrong? I've got all the base stats for it, my faith and int are both 35 to allow for 40 end, it's fully leveled up, but I absolutely cannot match the damage that these people are doing to me. Is it because I don't have 40 vigor? do I need to level vitality so that I don't get 90% of my health lopped off in 3 hits?

Also, why am I having so much trouble getting parries off? I have the reads right, but it's been at least five times now that I've tried to parry out of a roll when an enemy attacked, only to start the animation, then get staggered and killed. Samething with trying to facetank 2 hits to parry the 3rd.

I think Smouldering Lake is intended to be Ash Lake, just… earlier. Or an area like Ash Lake, at the base of the trees the world is built on. Give it a hundred years or so and I suspect they'll look pretty similar.

Actually, speaking of which, did anyone else notice that Lordran was all built on archtrees, but in DS2 and 3 the terrain looks a lot more natural? The closest thing we see, aside from Smouldering Lake, is the burned-out husk of a tree trunk in the Kiln of the First Flame.

Lorian's sword is split damage with phys/fire, so it may not put out as much damage as desired, though it's not bad by any means.
Also the softcap for fire scaling is 30/30 I believe, and the softcap for damage absorption starts at 20%, with everything past that having diminishing returns, not exactly sure how diminished though. And yeah, a lot of people pump a shitload of vigor, always have in mind that you don't get the ember bonus while being a phantom.

So do we know how to enable poise yet?
I'm only going to play this shit offline and I refuse to play when an entire mechanic is disabled, rendering an entire stat and 4/5ths of the game's armor sets completely worthless.

Do you mean Farron hail? Because dart and great dart don't have any spread and honestly making the hail spread less is probably worse since there would be zero chance of winging people with it if they're moving.

If I had to make a quick guess, there's probably a guide/cheat table already on 4/vg/'s general.
Though be warned, with how the other mechanics are now, the game will probably be ridiculously easy with poise on.

Why are there 3 firelinks? Where is the Kiln of the First Flame located? What is the circular building in the distance from the First Flame? Are there any answers in this game?

I just tested out the two hail spells, I can't tell if they changed Farron Hail but they definitely changed Crystal Hail. Farron Hail felt like it might be a little faster and a little more focused but I can't say for certain because I didn't really use it before this patch, Crystal Hail now shoots four waves of projectiles instead of just one. I don't know if this makes them viable uses in PvE or PvP, neither seem likely to actually hit other players but Crystal Hail might force them to roll a couple times which could give you time and space to set up for another spell or a melee attack to hit at the end of a roll and Farron Hail might be worth attuning for some of the bigger enemies in the game.

Wibbley wobbley timey spacey fabrics weak etc etc.
I don't know of any further explanation.

The circular building is the Firelink Shrine you warp from, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Screenshot or video would help clarify, though.

Popular theory on the standard/Dark Firelink (SFL/DFL) is that DFL is in the past, when the fire wasn't linked, as supported by Champion Gundyr dropping a soul, Ludleth recognizing the Fire Keeper's eyes you can find in Dark Firelink, and the Handmaiden seeming to recognize you if you talk to her DFL version before her SFL version.

But there are inconsistencies - if the Dark world inspired Ludleth to light the fire, why does he already have a throne in DFL with his name on it? Potentially a previous age of dark inspired him, but it is weird. If Dark Firelink is in the past, doesn't that imply the rest of the entire world - which you can walk almost end-to-end, from the boss room in Anor Londo all the way to the foot of the High Wall of Lothric - is in the past as well? What's up with the coiled sword fragments, and when we teleport out of SFL the first time, why do we teleport to a coiled sword sitting next to a bowl like there is in Firelink?

The game does answer SOME questions, like what became of Gwyn's first-born, whether Ornstein and Smough were illusions in Anor Londo (Orn was, Smough wasn't), what happened with the Primordial Serpents (Kaathe created Londor, one of them acted like an Angel and inspired Gertrude), is the Chaos Flame dead this time (answer: definitely yes), and some other minor ones.

Honestly though seeing as how it was the last game in the series I really would have loved some actual closure on a lot of the questions. Hopefully the DLC supplies some.

The first two shrines are the same place, but at different points in time because of wacky time shenanigans.
The third one is either also the same one at a different time or some even more convoluted bullshit. (that one is also the building you can see from the Kiln)
It's been established since the first game that concepts like time and location don't always work right in Lordran/Drangleic/Lothric, so I don't think there's any sort of real explanation for why any of this is the way it is.

Did it update for you already? I just checked my game and it still says 1.04.

In case anyone was thinking the Crescent Moon Sword might be good and wanted to try it….
It's not and, don't.

Well, I've gone and used 5 tongues to respec for the vigor that I was missing, and I switched over to Astora Greatsword for them A int/fth scalings. Gonna try to see if this will work better, now.

That's how I feel about most of the weapons in this game.

Mine doesn't have any new update name or notes but the spells are different.

Every weapon without mega poise or wombo combo is shit. I'm going to steal these builds after I get over how many hours I wasted on garbage weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=RgWJtbd9XEg
youtube.com/watch?v=cXBn_1GALRs

I just saw in an update that they "adjusted" straight swords, did they finally get nerfed to be as shit as every other weapon?

Well of course you're gonna find the biggest tryhard meta builds from him.

well there's your problem. Almost every good weapon in this game is a straight sword because they're hilariously overpowered.

Straight swords were on the very strong side though, a nerf isn't surprising.
I'd still rather they buff the weapons that fall too far behind instead. But it's not like From has a history of good patch changes

It wasn't straight swords it was daggers. "Short Swords" was a translation error, and daggers got a buff.

that explains why they were listed alongside magic, because I was very confused about how they would nerf magic any more.

I haven't actually tried any straight swords yet, but are they really that overpowered? I just don't see what sets them apart from say, curved swords.

They have some hilarious scalings and in a game as fast paced as DS3 their faster movesets make them a force to be reckoned with.

Regardless, trying to go toe to toe with people that are using weapons that should be comparable to what I have still results in net losses for me, and believe me, I've been going against a lot of people using heavy weapons.

Their moveset is just very reliable, and they have a lot of damage.
Not much more to say really, personally I found the Lothric Knight sword to be really strong when refined, as it has a 110 crit modifier and thrust R2's, which are always a much appreciated addition for versatility.

My Anri's straight sword does 500 pure physical damage, then I buff it with blessed weapon and hit for around 530. Combine that with the fact that they are fast, have decent range, and that you can't parry the r1 spam once it has begun (if you don't do the first attack and get hit you will never have a window big enough to do a full parry because of the stagger and fast attack speed).

The problem is only the BKGA is hitting near its weight class as far as I've seen. Straight swords make this super apparent because they hit about as hard and much faster than bigger shit. Though straight swords should only get off 2 R1s before backing off or getting parried as that's when an action is granted for whatever reason and why caestus is so popular.

I love when people think they can block my farron magic sword with their 100% physical shield.

Weapon balance in 3rd part probably the worst right now. Even in pve some weapons just better in every way.

shitty balance

Int softcapped at 60.

Hornet Ring nerf when?

And here's what From will do:

Either A

Or B

I'm aware, and even with those 20 extra points in int you still get less damage added to your gear than physical weapons do from 40 dex or str.

Just got me the Mangrub staff, anyone know whether it's shit or not? It looks bitching.

Catacombs is really the greatest place to invade

4 tongues in one invasion is something everyone should experience at least once.

I tried it on a character with 60 luck, it's pretty mediocre unless you're just looking for some simple ranged option on an Anri's Straight Sword build. Farron Flashsword with it does about 2/3 the damage of a regular R1 from Anri's, and that is with full magic damage boosting equipment (dusk crown, bellowing ring, cleric's candlestick).

So how come they make references to Dark Souls 2 with locations/enemies? I thought DaS2 held no weight at all when it came to lore and being taken seriously.

>still in way of blue by the time he reaches catacombs Not a big complaint, at least he gives the cops something to do past early game
Why are people such fucking cowards? I dislike getting invaded as much as the next person, but there's a limit to how much of a pussy you can be.

if only the magic they get to cast wasn't so dogshit

I'm more thinking in comparison to other magic. Even if it means I have to invest in luck I'd be willing to do so if my soul spear stays competitive.

Nowadays I'm using way of the blue whenever I'm not doing anything else for covenants just so that people farming those gets a chance to play. It's really fucked up to put two covenants into the same job to compete for rewards that are already rare.

Outside of the obvious solution of making Darkmoons same kind of covenant they were before, they could make Way of the Blue more about PvE and give them PvE-rewards in the same way Champions had in DS2. That way more people would use it even when not doing jobs for other covenants.

On the other side it would be interesting to get "Way of the Red" or something similar, a covenant that calls allies for invasions when there's phantoms in the host world.

It had no "weight" because it was very much separated from the first game's lore, only really relevant connection was the queens being fragments of Manus. That didn't mean it was "non-canon" but since Miyazaki didn't direct it, it's sort of become the unwanted child of the series, so even though it's not completely ignored, the references to the first game outweight the ones to the second greatly.

So Holla Forums, would you rather straight swords nerfed or all other weapons buffed?

I've given up on smaller weapons due to all the parry fishers and just use Lothric Greatsword with Refined infusion. AR is over 700 with the two handed buff.

FTH has body buffs up the asshole, only struggles in a blind run of the game

Pyromancy hits like a truck and it's hitboxes the size of football fields

INT has the ever onmipotent CSS that casts as fast a goddamn straight sword swing, has a bit of hyper armor, and the hitbox is like a minivan in front of you

and they all have weapon buffs that take the AR to 600-ish levels

only dark magic suffers from being shit (good riddance)

If poise worked, it would almost be fine as is. Maybe a 15% reduction on straight swords, and like 20% on the dark sword to account for its reach.

Why not buff stuff and enable poise? Nerfs never fix anything

Others buffed. Though big weapon using hyperarmor already bitchslaps R1-spammers so I don't see it as that bad problem. Maybe nerf would be more logical, but overall I dislike nerfs in favour to buffs.

Smelter demon 2.0? You can run past everything that comes prior, as with most bosses.
It's bullshit though, I feel ya.
Good luck with the crown of the ivory king, if you haven't done that first.

Nerf them only very slightly, and buff everything else that comes too short for their already slower/clunky movesets.

Black magic has no good reason to be gimped though, it takes considerable stat investment, and has a not-too-large spell variety, divided between all three types of magic Fuck carrying 3 fucking catalysts for all dark spells man.
And faith is alright in everything but its offensive spells.

Feels good.

I'd rather have everything else buffed, but if they refuse to fix poise straight swords should be nerfed.

Because as it stands, it takes at most four hits to kill someone with a straight sword at a lower level.

And four hits is very easy to get off in about two seconds with faster weapons. So low level invasions could possibly, with a small reduction and poise, actually be enjoyable, rather than r1 mashing contests.

I finished the Ivory King DLC. I loved the castle area, but the final boss was a bit of a letdown. I loved the arena though, sent chills down my spine. The swords are good too.

Killing a purple invader grants you a vertebrae, so unless you have good reason not to fuck with them, like coming into a gank squad, it's actually beneficial for you to go for them.

Oh, so you didn't go to horsefuck valley?
Good, don't worry about it, you ain't missing anything.

I followed the fextralife wiki and I honestly can't figure out where it is. I need to grind for souls anyway, but I want to beat the furnace fuckface.I hate him so much.

That makes farming a lot easier. I like being able to fuck with the sense of trust so I'll probably do that a lot more if I can be assed to find a reason to play for more than a handful of bosses before dropping the game because I've burnt myself out after getting a little way into NG+ before making a new character.

Alright you little nigger. Everything kills quickly in low level invasions. Low level is the most brutal pvp, especially when people friend trade themselves the hornet ring, invisi-parry glove, and a generic hard hitting boss weapon like the yhorm machete to instakill everyone.

Right now based on my two latest playthroughs I'd say that the swords isn't as big problem as people make them to be.

They're strong, that's for sure, but people using them aren't. Pretty much in every invasion I've made or received the R1 spammers panic if you user hyperarmor or something that out-pokes them. They expect you to stagger and then being able to keep hitting you.

Perseverance and overall hyper armor killed straight sword-spam, so did Lothric Knight Long Spear. They don't expect to be out-poked and the panicky rolling away starts instantly. The Vordt's Greathammer slapped them dead with two hits, with spear you can just jog behind them and keep poking as they try to heal.

People really should try the hyper armor and stop worrying about the poise for a second. Haven't had any problem with usual suspects like dogs and rats when I realized how the hyper works in this game. In PvP with heavy armor you can trade hits easily and win if you know your weapon and when the nonstaggerin phase starts in the hits.

Personally I feel like it would bring more trouble than get rid off if the poise would be always on. I wonder if it's tied to hyper armor or something similar.

Unless you want to feel really frutrated and dissapointed, then don't go there at all, it's not worth it in any possible measure.
I'm not exaggerating.
And the blue smelter demon deals magic damage iirc, you can get the spell quartz ring +3 somewhere else in the DLC, comes in handy for the fight.

We need more OC.

that shit is fucking amazing. Katanas, straight swords, estocs all get destroyed by U. Greatsword weapon arts Combine it with iron flesh and RoSP for maximum tanking

Quickly is not the same as running up to someone and hitting r1 three times with a raw longsword.

You're comparing something that only total faggots are going to do, to something that every single person gets within an hour of playing.

You get action frames every two hits. Learn to roll and counter.

What point are you trying to make now? Are you trying to say that I'm bad because I don't think the game is working as it should?

It's not hard to beat, nor is it hard to counter. It's boring.

Then why you bitching?

I'm not comparing them, it is the reality of low level pvp. Barring friend drop trades most people have shit gear and almost everyone usually has anywhere between 400-600ish health at most.

Am I the only person playing this game that uses 1H Maces and Axes?
I havent lost a match in a week because no one knows how to fight me.

I used Thrall Axe at one point, but I rarely use 1h weapons simply because I don't use shields.

If I would discover a build where I have something to do for the other hand, I think I'll try maces next.

I just said why, several times actually. And it's hardly bitching to answer a question that was asked on what one's preference would be.

Exactly why it would be better to slightly lower the attack of the weapon type that they throw at you en masse right at the start of the game.

They fucked up with the password summons, no way around that unless they get their heads out of their asses.

I don't use shields so I always two hand my shit. I've invaded fucks with Smough's great hammer and the greataxe and had good results though, even when I one hand them I catch people off guard.

So its a pain in the ass, yet its also not hard to beat or counter?

Humor me. What is your build/weapon?

I never once said it was a pain, I said it was a fault.

Right now, using the Greatsword. Started out as a knight and only leveled up enough strength to two hand it.

Anyone else doing a Super Ghouls n Ghost build?

That according to you isn't hard to deal with.

You're bitching about R1 longsword spam, but you're using a weapon with both hyperarmor and superior reach? with a spin to win weapon art?

How does that even work? You go around with a giant lance you can't throw and you unequip your armor after taking a hit and equip the calamity ring?

I'm really concerned with your well-being, you seem to be mentally retarded. Like I said, it's a fault because it's boring.

80% of the people I fight right now are using either an estoc or a straight sword, and do nothing but mash r1. And they have no reason not to, they're handed a weapon at the start of the game, that's better than almost anything else.

So you're crying for nerfs because you're 2gud?

I am legitimately trying to understand what you want, no need to sling insults friend.

Couldn't you argue buffing other weapons would effictively achieve what you desire? which is, if I've gathered correctly, more variety in PvP?

Mix your strong, delayed strong, light, and roll attacks to fuck them up. If they charge at you with r1, just roll past them and do your 360 roll sweep. If you can fool them into chasing you, bait them into coming into your hyper armor strong attack. You can also fake a swing that doesn't hit them to make them think you will be out of stamina to bait them into a backstep attack.

Soul level / area?

The question was posed, would you rather everything get buffed, or straight swords get a nerf. That was my answer, they are strong enough with no stat investment that they make other weapons pointless, so a small nerf would be better.

I'm being dead serious here, are you unable to follow a reply chain seven posts long?

How are they better if there's dozens of weapons that have better reach, staggers sw-users or has higher crits than them?

How will you kill the another guy with four R1s if the guy doesn't let you close enough without punishing you, or ignores the first hit and sends you flying? Or parries the hit and instakills you with riposte?

20 something, going through the catacombs right now. I'm not having a hard time though m8.

The only issue with buffing other things, is for an ultra greatsword or great hammer to actually be on par with faster things, they would need to be buffed enough that they could effectively one shot low leveled people.

The alternative would be to lower the base attack of everything and make scaling better, but I doubt they'll do it.

As I said, it's not hard to counter or beat them. It makes people play a certain way, and only a certain way since they can get away with it against most people.

you forgot the random npc guarding the paladins ashes at cathedral of the deep, he uses it.

You seem angry, or just needlessly flexing. Relax man. An unnecessary nerf solves nothing.

Can you ballpark numbers with me of what you think is necessary? 638 AR seems enough to 'really' punish someone without outright killing them, and thats on a +10. Comparatively, a chaos longsword +10 nets me ~480 AR on a 40/40/30/25 STR/DEX/INT/FTH

Dude its anonymous you don't have to flex.

SL20? You can't get a kill with that thing at SL20? Seriously?

One guy literally said "healing is against the rules"
I replied "What rules?" And he blocked me

Something about this update is making the game run worse than it used to, I've gotten disconnected for low framerate twice in the archives in the past ten minutes and "low framerate" is really understating how the game was performing. Shit hung for seconds at a time and the screen would go entirely white for 10-15 seconds before showing another hang into another white screen and that repeated two or three times before the message of the disconnect happened. Prior to this I never had a single disconnect for framerate in 100 hours and two full playthroughs though in the castle I did get a lot of hangs that didn't disconnect me.

Just tired of repeating myself.

I'm not talking about high level invading or duelfags or anything else. I'm saying that, at a low level, they do a disproportionately high amount of damage, and it should be fixed.

It actually forces a disconnect if your fps gets too low?

Yeah, I've seen and heard of people getting them before but your framerate has to go really really low for it to happen. Near total lockup, 1 frame per minute low.

No.
Your real problem is that you're past memelord wew lad and haven't broken at least SL40. The only people you will face until you level up some are other people who tried so hard to make a pvp build that they overshot it. Ex. more people with twinked in gear on a super low level guy or generic bad parry fags.

Where did all your souls go?

Yeah, I've had it happen to me several times when loading in the Archives or trying to walk through Firelink Shrine's main hall after warping in.

Not true at all, I get it regularly in certain areas, I assume it's only at around 15 fps or so.

103 base dmg
parryable

110 base dmg
D/D/-/-
parryable

145 base dmg
D/D/-/-
Also has longer reach and sweeping attacks, 2h cannot be parried+ gets AR bonus

131+87 base dmg
D/D/-/-
longer sweeping attacks, longer range
2h cannot be parried+ gets AR bonus

Unfortunately I do not have the stats for the Astora straight sword which I think has 125 base dmg and the wiki is being slow for me

I agree with you. I keep getting these frame skips

103 base dmg
parryable

110 base dmg
D/D/-/-
parryable

145 base dmg
D/D/-/-
Also has longer reach and sweeping attacks, 2h cannot be parried+ gets AR bonus

131+87 base dmg
D/D/-/-
longer sweeping attacks, longer range
2h cannot be parried+ gets AR bonus

Unfortunately I do not have the stats for the Astora straight sword which I think has 125 base dmg and the wiki is being slow for me

Also, your Greatsword is giving me over 600AR at +9, no infusion.

what's so weaboo about the abyss watcher sword? I don't use it but I was planning to

I've still got them. The game was easy as shit going full dex, so I'm doing this now. It's better.

Even at SL 90, I was three shotting people with those dual katanas.

It's what Artorias' GS would have been in DS1 if it didn't have the fth and int requirements: a weapon used by nothing but wannabe Artorias scrubs because it has an overly flashy moveset.

what would be a good weapon for a pyro build pve? also is crystal sage rapier any good?

Chaos infused weapon of your choice

Dark might also be a good idea to deal with enemies that resist fire damage since all the pyromancies are obviously only fire damage.

True, or Crystal. Anything that scales with int/fth

Crystal only scales with int, dark and chaos are the only ones that scale with both.

Infusing with raw or refined and making use of Carthus Flame Arc may be worth it as well.

What the fuck?

While infusing works ok, split damage sucks a dick and I've been using a raw astora sword (i dont know any other good raw weapons and its got nice and low easy reqs) + i can resin or flame arc it.

Going to make an sl30 spiked mace character for pvp, anyone have any good ideas for stupid names?

There are a few pyromancies that deal dark damage. Dark serpent happens to be pretty good since it lingers on the ground for a bit and tends to catch people.

The astora sword gets stupidly high damage when raw compared to other weapons for some reason. At lower levels it's probably the best weapon in the game.

How long do you think he's been mourning his comrade?

heh

So, which level do you guys feel is the worst?
I'm between cathedral of the million thrall ambushes, and farron keep.
More towards the Cathedral, at least I don't have to go through all of the keep.

So wait, are the twin daggers actually good now?

i wish that i can swap models with the brigand twindaggers

dual*

Invade while being sunbro.

Sometimes when I get summoned, to help out some dudes with bosses, I can't get through the fog gate and the guy gets slaughtered.

Does someone know why that happens? Am I doing something wrong?

It's some sort of netcode glitch. In general when that happens to me I black crystal out.

The boss you're coming up to refers to them as Pilgrim Butterflies, so there's speculation that those are what the Pilgrims are keeping contained with the big stones on their backs.

Worst as in annoying or something? I hate cathedral of the deep and catacombs.

Profaned Capital and Consumed King's Garden are straight up incomplete imo.

Cathedral inside is alright, outside is just a pointless battle of attrition.

I'd say Demon Ruins. Everything looks the same and it has some of the worst enemies.

Unfinished doesn't even begin to describe it.

He wasnt the worst boss. (looking at you pontiff) I liked how much he talked and he reminded me of Seaf.

Irithyll Dungeon. I always just skip all of the enemies and run to the exit.

I don't know what they were thinking when they added these cunts with the lanterns that steal your max health. And on top of that they have these stupid branding irons that throw you to the floor. No point in fighting those cunts. The other enemies are boring and annoying at best. Rats, maggot skellingtons, generic dudes with crossbows and swords, curse frogs and vagina spiders.

He does have some pretty neat backstory at least, being obsessed with making a god-tier heir until he was mainlining Seethe's crystals alongside the dragon heretics.

One thing I don't understand about Sulyvahn and several other bosses is that it seems like their movesets would be impossible to block with a shield. I don't use them and have always rolled, but can this game even be played with a shield? These combos seem to last too long for them.

Yeah I hated Ponty's moveset, his area, I even hated his music. He's just an annoying boss. Champ Gundyr was a much more fun fight.

Dragon Crest Shield, even at +0, trivializes Sulyvahn.

I guess the stamina depletion caused by blocking has been lowered in general, then.

Have you ran into someone turtling behind a greatshield?
The only time you will ever break their guard is when the go spam happy and drain 90% of their own stamina because attacks and kicks drain your stamina faster than theirs. I still got to try using the kick ring and Tsorig's ring to see how effective they actually are though.

I feel like the 10% stamina drain from Tsorig's ring is not going to be enough and I don't know how much the kick is improved by the ring you get from Patches.

The horsehoof ring adds 30% stamina reduction to kicks. It also adds 10% reduction to blocked attacks as well, same as Tsorig's ring.