I'm genuinely curious as to why people thought Undertale's plot was good and why it was considered so "deep."

I'm genuinely curious as to why people thought Undertale's plot was good and why it was considered so "deep."

Indulge me, Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3264868/
e621.net/pool/show/608
topgear.com/car-news/my-little-pony-does-top-gear
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We seriously need another review like Matosis' Bioshock Infinite review so we don't have to go through all of this shit AGAIN

or thebestgamers minecraft review

Because people have no/can't make friends and seeing their character make friends is the only social action they will ever have

It wasn't deep, it was just good.

I bet you think Evangelion was deep, OP.

I'm well aware that it wasn't deep.

I'm simply wondering why people praise it for having so-called "depth" despite none being present.

Nobody cares

Because meta.

The game is trash and every character in it is unfunny at best and downright annoying at worst.
It's shilled by the resident tumblr colony here OP, pay it no mind.

Just because the player avatar was of ambiguous gender, all the genderqueers latched onto it claiming the game was a stand for LGBT and shilled it to hell.

To further specify.
People claim it has depth simply as an aimless means of giving the game praise and defense against bigoted mysogonerds.

the same reason why libtards think a urinal or a poop splatter paint on canvas is "artistic" and deep

untalented unintelligent people all join hands together to create a fantasy world where their lack of talent is actually a merit. it is the essence of leftism to change social norms and definitions if they cant compete.

Have you actually played the game?

Who the fuck thought the game was deep? It's just got a lot of attention to detail and a slightly different take on RPG battle mechanics. The final bosses change a few things up and it's neat. But that's about it. I would have recommended it had it not been overly tainted with "11/10, so progressive" faggots, since if you went in thinking "Huh, a different system for your RPG, neat" you'd probably think it was okay.

I thought a few characters were okay, but nobody really struck me as "WOW PERFECT", unlike apparently the tumblrites. Alphys and Undine are really fucking annoying and apparently that's who people love the most.

It's fine, but it's nothing "deep" or "profound" as tumblrites would like you to believe. If anything, I believe it's their first game with a decent and engaging story, unlike most the trash the consume daily, like Gone Homo. So it's only natural for them to be impressed since they've been only conditioned to think shit is good. By comparison, Undertale for them is some holy grail, while in reality it was just decent. It's a real shame that they grabbed onto it with their cancerous little hands and created an unbearable community filled with literal faggots for game that deserved to come and go and be remembered as a fun little game with interesting ideas.

Its a bit lengthy but I think this video covers all the ground bases, its worded about as well as you could possibly word it..

Because

That's all really

Top kek

It's not "deep". It merely executes a few gimmicks very well.

It was a simple question, user, and we are on Holla Forums

Holla Forums is getting a little more subtle.

It's not that it's plot was deep per se, more that it was meta in a very clever way. If you play through the whole thing (all "three" endings), the game makes you step back and think in a way similar to Spec Ops: The Line. The reasons for its popularity though, most likely involve autism.

Gamers are very bad at recognizing quality and especially quality writing. Most gamers are either literal children or only somewhat educated so they are easy to impress.

"It looks like art, therefore it must BE art!"

it has an amazing morality system.
the morality inside of undertale is some of the best that have ever been inside of a video game.
undertale makes you feel like someone who just fell into an underground world. Undertale lets you interact with your enemies and attack them at the same time, it shows you a old and recognizable gameplay mechanics found in traditional rpg's but makes it new with being able to spare your enemies.

Also, I would agree with this point. Undertale actually provides responses to your moral actions in a way that other games just don't.

you aren't fooling anyone faggot

Nah

Also the fact that you can murder almost everyone and still get the neutral ending is pretty fucking retarded.

There isn't just one "neutral ending", buddy. If you kill Papyrus early on, both Undyne and Sans mention it. Depending on which major characters you kill/befriend, and how much exp you gain, San's judgement and the ending phone call change. It seems like a lot of work went into parsing all possible endings out. If you do kill everyone but one monster, you do get a particularly weird phone call.

It's not deep, it's just pleasant. And then you kill everyone just for fun

Amazing morality system
Unique and special message never seen before

-Sans, Undertale (2015)

Because video game fans have terribly low standards and eat shit daily.

We seriously need to stop having this fucking "what's the appeal" thread for Undertale every week where nobody says anything that hasn't been said thousands of times on this site already.

Can we just turn this in to a dubs thread or just agree to stop posting so this shit doesn't reach 250+ replies again?

It was done far better before

Yes, shmup combat is what everyone thinks when they hear "rpg".

Give some examples.

I'll say that one of my more favorite morality systems was in Arcanum, but it was pretty simple. It did have an effect on how different characters interacted with you and what kind of ending you can get.

nuclear warhead, ready to strike
this world is a fuck
let's end it tonight

Like fucking Ultima 7 with its virtue system.

do you honestly think that the average undertale fan have played games that have done morality better? most of them never even beat deus ex, let alone some older rpg's.
the morality system is absolutely uprising for someone who plays COD or asscreed all the time.

Stories which try to make "the immorality of killing" into a theme virtually always fuck it up. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Kara no Kyoukai with the "you can only kill a person once" idea. And even that isn't perfect

>Simply not the Sonic Hedgehog Gene ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3264868/

Look, as far as MKUltra's effects go, the only game that warrants the title of MKUltra: The Game is Polybius.

When's the last time you've ever heard of some assburger who beat the game on genocide run ever having night terrors?

or maybe it's just autism bait and there's no bigger sinister plot involved

or maybe Undertale was good

Obviously, since do sex actually does pay attention to how you approach it, if you kill enemies, only incapacitate or sneak past them. Some characters like certain approaches better.
But tumblrtale fags wouldn't know it.

An excuse to defend the shitty gameplay, just like FNAF.

It's not good, it's alright. Like a 6/10, an honest 6/10 not a game journalist 6/10 where it's really more of a 2/10.

it was ok

Furries have shit taste.

Holla Forums will never be good despite leaving halfcuck

Who is this Holla Forums person?

Take a look at the massive amounts of indie shit released each day and you will find tons of better games every week.

Just like niggers who post K-on! reaction images are always worthless shitposters.

Some schizophrenic kid whom wasn't disciplined by their parents properly.

That being said I think the problem is undertale is kind of a niche title with AAA tier popularity.

the biggest reason people on Holla Forums like that review is because it explicitly panders to you. he even said so in a thread a number of months back.

you're hearing what you want to hear…

Just like every other VNs these days. The less gameplay the better apparently. It's like asking why life is strange is popular or some shit.

Holla Forums is a fucking tumor, man. Everyone who plays video games has brain problems.

You're about as deep as undertale.

thanks for ignoring the point. are you a pedophile, by any chance?

You had a point?

What? You have some kind of persecution complex user?

I think what it boils down to is you probably have to be a shitposting weeaboo furry with a bit below average standards to really enjoy playing undertale, not a lot of people are that. So a lot of people just use the game's assets and characters for derivative works without really playing the game, and this kind of pisses people off. I don't really think there are that many shitposting weeaboo furries on this board.

you're definitely a pedophile.

Sure.

All of you are missing the real reason people praise Undertale so much: because they haven't played anything better. The people you see praising it are all extremely new to gaming whether by being SJWs who joined the "Not a boy's club anymore!" bandwagon or just people who were born too late to be around for the release of better games. Either way, the bottom line is that while Undertale is not a good game, it's not quite as bad as AAA trash, so people new to gaming praise it because they just don't know any better.

And they stay wilfully ignorant which is one of the sources of hate towards them.

That's a non sequitur, especially in an entertainment medium

I don't think it's deep, but it made me feel emotions and made me care about characters, at the same time certain plotwists surprised me and made me wonder about things.

Also thanks to it I gained a bit of confidence that if I try hard enough in life I can overcome hardship and achieve my goals.

A story doesn't have to be very deep or full of shocking things that have never been seen before, a good story makes you care

Hahahha, what a fucking story, Mark.

how about you check em instead?

this
just check em

you called?

fuck you and your dubs, you worthless shitposting nigger

Wow, bravo.

Only retards who can't read past a fifth-grade level ever thought it was deep and I say this as a loser who inhabited that cancerous general on here for the first two or three months of its existence, back when the game still had things to be discussed and files to be torn through for secrets and scrapped/hidden content.

The plot serves its purpose but it's very apparent it was written as it went with only the beginning, end, and major characters thought out. There's awkward breaks to it (Mettaton's entire bit was intended to be an awkward break of its own so I don't really count it), chiefly the entire arc with Alphys and Undyne that was of absolutely no story relevance whatsoever and played out hamhandedly with Undyne's stated reason for attraction to Alphys's work-ethic (or "passion for science") being a flat-out lie and Alphys liking anybody who gives her the time of day. Biggest climaxes to the game are at the very beginning and the various endings with extraordinarily little of importance happening and the game flat-out forgetting Toriel and Flowey exist in-between.

Beyond that it's standard anime schlock, power of friendship/forgiveness, yadda yadda yadda behind the admittedly interesting but poorly executed idea of bullet hell mechanics added to a Dragon Quest-like RPG setup and interesting battle visuals. Soundtrack didn't have a bad track in it, worst it got at any point was mediocre.

I haven't even skimmed the thread yet but I can already tell the thread's full of sages from people who very obviously haven't played the game but hate it because of its fanbase and think that's a good reason. Maybe even that retard who spams his sob-story about buying the game and not being satisfied by it will show up to shriek "undermeme" and "undershit" at the top of his lungs like the last few threads.

Only retards who can't read past a fifth-grade level ever thought it was deep and I say this as a loser who inhabited that cancerous general on here for the first two or three months of its existence, back when the game still had things to be discussed and files to be torn through for secrets and scrapped/hidden content.

The plot serves its purpose but it's very apparent it was written as it went with only the beginning, end, and major characters thought out. There's awkward breaks to it (Mettaton's entire bit was intended to be an awkward break of its own so I don't really count it), chiefly the entire arc with Alphys and Undyne that was of absolutely no story relevance whatsoever and played out hamhandedly with Undyne's stated reason for attraction to Alphys's work-ethic (or "passion for science") being a flat-out lie and Alphys liking anybody who gives her the time of day. Biggest climaxes to the game are at the very beginning and the various endings with extraordinarily little of importance happening and the game flat-out forgetting Toriel and Flowey exist in-between.

Beyond that it's standard anime schlock, power of friendship/forgiveness, yadda yadda yadda behind the admittedly interesting but poorly executed idea of bullet hell mechanics added to a Dragon Quest-like RPG setup and interesting battle visuals. Soundtrack didn't have a bad track in it, worst it got at any point was mediocre.

I haven't even skimmed the thread yet but I can already tell the thread's full of sages from people who very obviously haven't played the game but hate it because of its fanbase and think that's a good reason. Maybe even that retard who spams his sob-story about buying the game and not being satisfied by it will show up to shriek "undermeme" and "undershit" at the top of his lungs like the last few threads.

Site 502'd in the middle of a post or something so it doesn't seem to have gone through, thankfully I used that time to skim it and some of the peanut gallery's already stopped in. >>9267980

God damn it, Jim.

Come on OP the game was just a hype.

It got pushed hard, folks wanted to know what the game was about. There is no magic.

I don't know mate, I don't play meme tumblr games

You'd have an excuse until you got to the first town. Where it explains that monsters shoot bullets at eachother as a form of communication.
It's why in the final walk through at Asgore's Castle they don't shoot at you. They actually know you are a human

This a new meme now? k, I'm game.

Yeah, SpiderGirl was just trying to communicate with me. She specifically said she knew I was human then tried killing me. I'm so bad for not letting her.

Sadly some do.

What the fuck are you doing? That's not a pasta.

Do we really need to have this thread again? I haven't seen the general on the catalog in forever and you really want to bring this shit back? Please kill yourself.

Well, she's an exception, she was promised money to do it and was told explicitly that you murder spiders en masse, and if you think about it from the perspective of anyone in the game, you never really actually have "Died" or shown any form of lasting damage from their encounters considering if you "die" you reload, erasing any history that you ever died except to three people that are aware that you can do this, Asgore Asriel and Sans.

Fuck off, faggot. This is an Undertale board.

Oh…

hello?

Hey, cool, you mashed your keyboard enough you managed to tard your way into figuring out how VPNs work. You've got a different ID.

I don't see any "general" in the thread-title, though one-off Undertale threads or asking questions about it have been fairly frequent. Probably people wondering if the dust's settled and asking questions since they figure the veil of autism surrounding it's thinned a bit.

I played it, thought it was boring, decided to put it down but my friend insisted that I finish. It wasn't interesting or fun to play. The art is shit, the music is passable, the story is a trainwreck, and none of the characters were interesting.

no, people call it a tumblr game because it's a fucking tumblr game. You got your pronouns, forced memes, shoehorned lesbian couple, and annoying millennial jokes. And of course the game was by and large adopted by the tumblr community as one of their own, replete with nasty fan art and shipping.

There is nothing witty or unique about the mechanics. The concept of being a pacifist is fucking ancient and the idea of talking to your enemies is wholesale stolen from SMT, but done in a shitty way.

fuck=you ftuvmrltale your ruinied mi life==

/thread

Who do you think you are fooling goonyboy?

you're not even the actual 10bux
fuck off

Your anger only makes my penis harder.

And your sloth reveals your goony ways.

I LOVE THREADS DEDICATED TO YIFFGAMES

go back to playing EVE online like the little cuck you are
oh wait
:^)

was there ever such a time

Your post history in this thread obviously reveals you as a fan of this shitpile.

It's understandable you're upset people are shitting on what you consider a masterpiece and actually having informed opinions about it. It must be aggravating that the only recourse left to you is throwing a tantrum and throwing ad hominems at people.

This .gif takes too long, where's the comic?

Fucking kiss and make up already, these threads are more of a shitpile than most Tumblr communities about the game.

Fun fact, he actually started making sketches for a sequel, but he never followed through on it.

Here's it on e621: e621.net/pool/show/608

It's not my fault the resident tumblrtards spreg out whenever people point out the blatantly obvious fact that Undertale is a shit game, or that people point out Mr. "I'm not a funny guy" is a whiny faggot desperate for attention.

There's no need to get that insulting.

You know the worst thing about this implication isn't even that it's wrong, it's that by proxy you are implying I think that this game is perfect how it is, even though I really wish there were changes made to make the game better. I mean shit, I think it's a 6/10. There's definitely reasons for it not to be a masterpiece, but if you want to go on that angle go for something that actually exists. Like how samey the game plays when doing pacifism and neutral playthroughs. The only fight that really changes at all would be Undyne's since it is the only one that actually gets any harder if your internal murder level is higher. It's such a waste that even though the game does have an in game check for how much you are killing people but only ever use it for four alternative versions for one fight.

But I have one question for you, why does your tard ass go into threads and say stupid shit about a game that you aren't knowledgeable about.

wew lad

Don't forget the screencap of the post where guy was just making up shit to get angry tards to flip out over how the ebil shills are trying to get them.

Just so you know, I didn't read any of this. I don't care for your justifications.

All I said was that the game is made by tumlr for tumblr. This is an indisputable fact.

So, at this point you are giving up and are just straight up admitting to being a shitposting faggot?

>people are shitting on what you consider a masterpiece and actually having informed opinions

The only argument I made was that the game is made by tumblr, for tumblr. I fail to see why such a simple, truthful statement is getting you this riled up.

Chill out dude, it's okay to like shit games.

You still have no argument, your posts are actually meaningless, all you do is post images without context given to them, making those images meaningless as well.
You're more of a worthless shitposting nigger than , and me all combined.

Hope you understand that most of people like that review are not from Holla Forums at all.

The context is that the game is tumblr pandering. I'm sorry your severe autism and social retardation make you unable to grasp underlying nuances and mockery in general.

Your life must be hell, which is why, I guess, Undertale resonated so strongly with you, just like all those other manchildren that swell up with emotions when a shonen ends with power of friendship.

Well I saw it, but I'm more confused than aroused.

I liked the game. Not sure if it was "deep".

Story was basically
From here the story splits, either you murder everyone, you murder some people, or you are a hippie faggot
At this point I got tired of writing and so just play it yourself I don't really give a shit.

I think we've gotten the point that you're a master baitlord and you can show your Discord group all your posts now, shove off so the thread can die naturally and quietly

Well I saw it, but I'm more confused than aroused.

I can pull autistic shit out of any fanbase, just look at this: topgear.com/car-news/my-little-pony-does-top-gear
Does that mean that Top Gear (atleast back then :^)) was pandering to furfags and autists? No it fucking doesnt.

The picture with all the Gayme Journo articles and the cuckchan post fails to mention that all of those articles came months after the game was released, it was the retarded SJW faggots realizing that there was a new popular game and they had to attach like parasites to it. Also
Who ever posted that picture here first really needs to go back.

The picture where Toby Cucks says something about gays is actually completely meaningless, it doesnt prove anything, it doesnt give any support to your already nonexistant argument, its useless to anybody and a waste of space on this already fucking dying imageboard.

You actually bring nothing to this board, not even amusement like this autist right here, you should really consider suicide at this point tbh fam.

Im already here nigger

We definitely needed another one of these threads.

Good game, somewhat cancerous fan base that we helped ignite. As usual.

God, these degenerates will latch onto anything and push it to their agenda. I never got any of that in the game.
They're also monsters doing monster shit.

Alphys is a faggot no one should like, but Undyne is cool

Is pointing out the game is tumblr trash really that upsetting to you?

I mean, I get it's hard to maintain (and mostly fail) the delicate balance of defending this game while hiding your drone nature, but there is really no need for so much rancor to be directed at me for merely making a statement.

It's obviously easy to disprove it, right? I mean, there is some deeper meaning to the pronouns, the memes, the furry bait, the "jokes", the gay pandering et al, right?

It obviously means something to you, or you wouldn't keep spregging out this hard.

Here you go genesis fag. Enjoy.

Nice counterargument there nigger.

I try my best fam.

It's porn for a very specific kind of degenerate.

The artist has only gotten worse, constantly drawing furries getting turned into dicks by furries already made of butts in caves made of buttflesh sprouting countless dicks. Lots of dicks and butts where they shouldn't be, basically.

If you were trying your best then you would be doing shit on the levels of pic related.
Go back to the drawing board fam.

I seriously don't get the appeal of this shit. I've just come to recognize it as obnoxiously overrated tumblr cancer that piggybacks heavily off Earthbound wanked by most faggots who've most likely never played any RPG before 2015.

You get replies with the kind of quality you deserve.

But seriously, it's time to grow out of tumblr and face the real world, you can't be a special snowflake forever.

The game was made with an infantile audience in mind, surely you have outgrown that phase by now, right?

I can understand fantasy and erotism, but that boy ain't right.

The writing ranged between "cute and inoffensive" to absolutely fucking unbearable. The plot, writing and characters were nothing that special, but the big dumb "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" Japanimation ending had me smiling at just how dumb and fun it was. I haven't actually spoken to anyone who thought the plot was "deep", even fans of the game, because it just simply wasn't.

The game itself was actually kinda bad. Art was bad, gameplay was bad, world design was bad. Some of the tracks were really pretty good, but mostly it was all just kinda shit.

It gets worse with furries, user. So much worse.

Funny that statement comes from someone that has paid 10 dollars to post on a hugbox in CURRENT YEAR.
You have to go back

I can vouch, I get paid to moderate and tag e621.

So adorable, like a child.

The game was ok, but not deep. It worked as a fun homage to the Mother series.
The writing was hit or miss. Muffet and Mettaton are complete shitheads, Alphys is obnoxious, but most of the others are charming.
The mechanics in the full game are roughly what you'd expect progressing from the demo.
The puzzles are practically nonexistant, which is a little disappointing.
The story is passable until the pacifist and genocide endings. Flowey shouldn't have been a whiny faggoat; the resolutions needed a little more mystery.

I'll never understand you fags holding Toby responsible for the cancerous fanbase, like he did this just to spite you. And what's your evidence? That 5% of the characters were homos and that he wrote music for homestuck? It turns out that not everything is a natsoc hugbox in the real world.

it wasn't deep, it was meta as fuck.

>and the website this was possible on was fucking SA

I don't understand the internet anymore. I feel like reality may actually be some form of nightmarish illusion or divergent timeline. How is this possible? Is this possible? Are we all in the hold of an alien freighter that's piping bullshit into our brains to keep us compliant for the harvest? Please, please respond.

But that doesn't change the fact that consensuses exist.

And when the consensus from a site shifts from overly positive to mixed/negative after the game gets popular you can't help but wonder if the site consists of a load of hipsters/faggots who'll stop liking someone when it stops being cool to like it.

It's simply really, fail to purge leftists (like Undertale fans) from your community and sooner or later they will worm their way into positions of power and destroy the community from within.

Just ask Holla Forums how them tolerating Homestuck ended up.

People continued to shitpost about it and other people continued to be annoyed. Truly the end of days.

I know, I was there until I got banned for saying womyn (with the ban notice directly mentioning "that is not how you spell women").

You forgot about Action Points and Borderlands.

If "leftists" are capable of making a forum go from a place where it was okay for CliffyB to talk like that, to a place that is SA in the modern day, then what you are describing is not "leftists", it's god damn aliens. Build a Faraday cage around the fucking continent.

Seeing this post is like finding a fucking McClellan penny in my change.

I don't understand shit anymore.

You really think that has to do with homestuck in particular, and not comics and cartoons in general going complete tumblr after 2006? The latter seems far more likely an explanation.

I hate this board

Excellent post mate, remember to use the correct file name for that pic to increase it's meme level i.e. ゴンドラ

user Holla Forums was always tumblr lite.

And you damn well should be, you brave crazy bastard. That is a job that should never be done for free.

Nigger, it's fucking simple. It's called entryism and they do it all the fucking time, both online and IRL (just look at the Hugo Awards for an IRL example).

These people are sociopaths and bootlickers, are not employed (therefore have plenty of free time) and are both motivated and willing to bury their noses in the anus of whoever is in charge.

All it takes is one of them to get into a position of power and the domino effect starts. They now selectively promote/employ their buttbuddies, who then pull along a few more degenerates from their network.

Usually the people in charge of a community are too apathetic to care, or are willingly colluding with them to "clean up" their cesspit for all them mainstream bucks.

Once they've established a foothold at the top of the food chain the purges begin. They'll initially target the easy pickings, the random retards nobody is willing to bother defending, before expanding their "kill list" further and further, usually taking down the top contributors and content creators to replace them with their own choice picks (that are shit and only got the spot due to nepotism). This is then followed by absolute insanity and user bleedout, while the place gets flooded with tumblrtards that smell blood in the water.

It's how you end up with rpg.net, once the biggest tabletop RPG community online, being a husk of itself and having a hidden subforum where the mods and handpicked users discuss castrating white men, or how NeoGaf has moderation that bans users at random "for the lulz", or SA becoming what it is today.

Yes, I think it was Homestuck in particular.

Holla Forums always prided itself with being the "friendly" board, without any of the elitism that "plagues" Holla Forums or the sheer xenophobia of Holla Forums. This was a chink in their armor.

Homestuck threads were the places tumblr used to acclimatize to chan dynamics so they could blend in better and learn the "lingo" so they wouldn't stand out. After that it was simple for them to ruin the place by dogpiling on threads featuring wrongthink and making regulars leave in disgust.

wow what happened to you Holla Forums

Just one of the more notorious examples of a treasure trove of horrible, horrible porn.

The worst offenders aren't even furfags

I love this board

What is it with 2007?

>you will never protect goat by bullying him (aka spanking him) until his bum is red and sore and hes crying and wet himself

So in particular you think that one thread concerning a board dedicated to one specific hobby, a hobby that basically forfeit most of its market influence because it was seen as childish and was populated by opportunistic hipsters, was turned to opportunistic hipster only board because of one thread rather than the general medium becoming catering to hipsters? I'm not saying elitism is wrong, but what you are complaining about
Is not what you are trying to do here? Rather than making an actual argument based on the actual facts of the matter, you seem to be under the impression that any kind of discussion of undertale is some kind of wrong think that shouldn't be put up to the test of scrutiny that virtually any other game would be put through?

European Year of Equal Opportunities for All
Google it.

Well, the Hugos are one thing, but man, if sword dude caught someone talking like that on a forum he ran, I'd think he'd do pretty much the same thing, with as much rope, as modern SA.

This is like… an internet-wide thing, for me. It's like finding evidence of dragons on the fossil record. I don't understand how the entire internet could change such that fucking SA, the iron-tight pinched rectum of the internet, now looks like a seedy darknet joint.

I can't wrap my head around it. It's fucking nuts.

Homestuck attracted a certain crowd (tumblr), Untertale attracts a certain crowd (tumblr).

The point of threads praising the shitpile, or discussing it in anything but a negative light, is to move the Overton window.

tumblr get shat on chans because they are easy to spot, but they are not dumb enough that they can't learn to blend in. You can call me paranoid all you want, but we've already seen it happen on 4chan and elsewhere. It might not have been a singular instance (as you point out), but Homestuck is certainly the biggest culprit.

And Holla Forums didn't learn jackshit from their first failure. They are now allowing Steven Universe to be discussed without making it clear that certain people are not welcome to join in.

Because Lowtax became a bozo and a pill addict. Same as how moot tried time and again to make 4chan acceptable to the mainstream.

Once they into positions of power it's easy to silence opponents and defend their ideological allies. Soon enough the tone of discussion has shifted and the place has become a leftist echo chamber. Whatever users are left will either get banned sooner or later or learn to keep quiet and chant along.

If nobody from the Homestuck threads is from 4chan and don't know how to properly fit in on 4chan without sticking out like a sore thumb, how would they learn from being in a thread populated only by people who don't know how to post without sticking out like a sore thumb. Your point is self defeating.

This, you guys should check out the game of thrones threads on Holla Forums. People censoring their swear words or any swear words in a quoted post, people spamming emoticons, people spamming … in their posts. Kicker is they accuse everyone calling them cancer by saying they are from reddit or cuckchan.

This vid is actually pretty good, I like his points on the exposition dumps and how mishandled several of the characters were

Nigger they read other threads. Don't be disingenuous. Homestuck was absolutely the biggest patient zero of Holla Forums's infestation. Even they admit to it.

Look, nigger, these people are not fucking stupid. They wouldn't have gotten banned when outed as leftist filth, they'd just spreg out or retreat, learn from their mistakes and start anew until they get it right.

And they'd coach their buddies along. Natural selection of the leftist parasite.

Outside of the tubes they've had a century (and more) to perfect their methods and they've become frighteningly adept at doing it. They even have a book (Rules for Radicals) on the subject, codifying the methodology of entryism and takeover of organizations and communities, as well as how to repurpose them to shill the leftist narrative.

Your bullshit would have weight if we didn't have shitloads of examples of this happening time and again.

Then regardless of whether or not the homestuck threads existed, it would have turned to shit.

No human deserves to endure that. Not even prisoners.

Why would anybody desire to make a high definition version of this comic? For what possible purpose would this be desired? Hell, the visuals just make it worse than it was before.

Oh no Holla Forums is allowing a cartoon to be discussed

Go be a commie faggot elsewhere, kike

It's like you don't want to fuck a flower

Yeah, nah, they can fuck off.

That has nothing to do with the point being made. Homestuck was always a godawful piece of shit and the author deserves the mentally ill fanbase it has attracted for creating it.

Homestuck threads were the incubators for the left's takeover of Holla Forums. Undertale threads, if not properly handled, could spell the same fate for Holla Forums.

I heard that the real AIDS set in once Blowtax decided to make people pay to join. Apparently that scared off a lot of posters.

It's not just SA, though. It's the entire internet. I'm assuming that the level of restraint on SA at the time that post was made was equal to or greater than the general amount of restraint elsewhere. Somehow, the entire fucking internet became a place where people are afraid to say stuff like that.

I don't, honestly, think that entryism, unless the government has shitposting farms somewhere, can explain something like this.

Also, you're slightly off on Homestuck. There's a lot of HS people on Tumblr, sure, but it didn't start as a Tumblr thing, it started as an MS Paint adventure, on a forum which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) is a spinoff of the old /tg/ and Holla Forums MS Paint quests. You know that "Humanimals" comic? Hussie drew that.

Genuine question, if you really think leftists are secretly trying to infiltrate a board, why on earth do you think they would attempt to infiltrate in a historically remembered way. Even considering how retarded the left is, you know it wouldn't be a deliberative way that everyone knows about.

Who gets to decide what games this applies to? Is there going to be a board for each distinct list of approved and banned games? You can do that if you want, so go ahead.

Because it works. It has worked for a century, and there is no easy way to counter it without going full pogrom and purging the shit out of the userbase.

Look where it has gotten us. I guarantee you that in time this place will suffer the same fate, and we'll move to some new cesspit, but we'll again have our numbers reduced, and then it will happen again, and again, and again until we, as a community, are no more.

You're under the mistake assumption they are stupid. They are anything but. The nonsense they preach is moronic, no doubt about that, but their methodology is anything but.

The USSR devoted inordinate amounts of money on figuring out what the most effective methods of infiltration were, and they spent decades on it. Pic related.

Now you can dismiss me as a tinfoil fucktard that thinks the commies are still after us, but the truth remains that while the commies are gone the methods they created are still in use today.

Easy method of seeing who is a tumblrfuck: go to the Homosuck board and look at how they communicate, rolling in their own shit.

I'm not denying that there aren't efforts to infiltrate but what I am trying to say is that considering most of the people that actually wanted to talk about undertale or trade pictures fucked off to /mtt/ save for threads like these that deliberately exist to stir the shit. I don't actually think there is any attempt to infiltrate, from undertale fags on Holla Forums. I mean shit this is why I stopped making/posting in generals 4 months ago, and the generals have basically vanished from the catalog. I don't want to say tin foil, but do you think you might be blowing this out of proportion just the tiniest bit?

That was a long time before SA started to decline. It was initially thought up as a way to keep kids away or something. Really, it was just Lowtax seeking ways to finance his addiction.

The internet got really popular and easy to use, which in turn attracted the mainstream masses, who are neutered and primed to the leftist rhetoric, as well as corporations that whitewashed the place to make it appeal to the mainstream. And there's your example of shifting the Overton window.

It can. There's plenty of examples out there.

I know it didn't, but it attracted tumblr and became tumblr. The author initially even pandered to them, but then came to the realization of just how insane these people were and tried to chase them away. But this is pointless, the fanbase of Homestuck is by and large tumblr, the fanbase of Undertale is by and large tumblr. Tumblr is not the kind of people you want in your community.

Are you really so moronic that you can't smell the stench of tumblr pandering in games?

I'd rather come across as deranged and paranoid rather than allow those creatures to establish a foothold here.

Like I said, there is no easy way to deal with entryism and leftist takeover attempts, specifically because, more often than not, the cure is worse than the poison. One surefire method of, at least partially, combating such tactics is to make the place as hostile to their kind as is possible.

It's why you shit on Undertale and BioWare games, it's why you call for witch hunts of known leftists in the industry, it's why you unleash a litany of hate and mockery in their direction and never fucking stop being a hostile, acerbic cesspit filled with elitist autists that hate everything and everyone.

So you admit you only shit on Undertale because of your mental illness?

But nobody here wants to really wants to praise unadulterated those kinds of things, I mean other than you.

The chances of tumblr latching onto a game that best fits them is inevitable, with or without the presence of socjus elements (same-sex romance, transtrenders, etc.). Even if a game was made that completely deconstructs and criticizes socjus cancer was made-like Postal- it wouldn't matter because people from tumblr would still latch onto it as satire or some bullshit excuse to enjoy. Demographics that hurt the medium won't leave even if the games industry crashes-they'll just wait until their form of entertainment arises. That being said, shit sucks, but it won't leave so long as gaming remains as popular as it is.

Hold on to what we have. Truth be told, the only way to drive out socjus and what-have-you would be to educate gamers on how games should be made. This in it of itself is a problem, because there's no such thing as a 100% perfect game that covers every mechanic perfectly. Sure, there's genres, but that means jack shit to people who only know colorful corridor maps and microtransactions.
tl;dr be the change you want to see

I think you are a retard. You sound exactly like the retards on Tumblr yearning for hugboxes that protect them from wrong-think.
I think Undertale is very flawed but alright.

Tough shit.

Also I could be completely wrong, but weren't social justice warriors dropping gays since they upset queers and pedos or something?

Its not deep, its straight forward as hell.

Its a simplistic "Feel good" story were you meet a couple of goofy and fun characters and over the course of the game you kill them all

I think they were dropping gays becayse gays are even bigger mysogynists because they don't feel any need to be around women

There's a million excuses, but the general theme is that they dropped them because most homos are sane enough to question them. It's the exact same thing that caused the Atheism+ movement.

Because ebin 4th wall breaking XD

I think you might be one of the neotrads from Holla Forums. I have no opinion one way or the other on your circle, but you have to understand, Holla Forums and Holla Forums don't see it the way you do:

See, you dudes– not to smear you in whole or in particular– but generally enough to say, seem to think that when your average Holla Forumsirgin says that he doesn't want any part of the SJW sideshow or your own fine operation, he is a "moderate", ie. a hapless dupe who's doomed to be ground to gristle in the wheels of history, a nutless schlub who only wants to be fed nutrient paste and etc. etc.

This is a justifiable view. Another is that your imageboard person has a more systemic view of things, which is probably what you get attuned to, when the names are taken off and you see the sausage being made.

He sees "movements" as abstract organisms that survive by delineating their memetic boundaries, inhabiting their constituent individuals, and making them operate as part of a whole. This applies to SJWism, sure, but it also applies to internet trads, commies, conservatives, fandoms, and so on.

Of course, the first thing you understand when this concept crystallizes in your mind is that you are, in effect, prey. Sure, the SJW-Progressive Dragon is slavering, but the Alt-Right Tiger, to a guy who's trained to think that way, is not much better. You are the raw material of which this thing-that-has-no-body wishes to constitute itself. Fandoms, as multi-human parasitic thought organisms, offer porn, camaraderie-maybe-sex, and the option to not fucking participate if you get sick of it.

Other of these organisms, less benign (call them "Type II", and among them are radical Islam, fundamentalist Christianity, serious communism, SJWism, Holla Forumsity, goonism, and so on), demand a whole fuck of a lot more: no porn, highly conditional camaraderie with injunctions to inform on your pals, dietary restrictions, sexual restrictions, and eternal damnation if you opt the fuck out. In return– paradise, whether on Earth, in Heaven, under the Proletariat, Chosen or otherwise, but always in the future, always not today. And "meaning", if you think you can do it where history has failed.

You are not going to get an IB user to assent to absorption in a Type II organism, and even if you could, the collective "you" would default on promises you aren't aware you made, and they'd turn vicious. Nobody hates a cult worse than an excommunicate.

This disdain might look like nihilism, but it's qualitatively different in every respect. I was going to suggest that a constitution, some kind of "what we won't do" list, would help, but it's unenforceable, and anyway, nobody would believe it. The upshot of this is that if you want these people to collectively Belong to your Mission, you're going to be a wanting motherfucker.

People can't take things at face value. We try to find meaning everywhere, especially where there is none.

"Threads that start as dildos, end as dildos."
-Jackie Chan

that aint what pedo means th0

in fact why doncha get a real job, officer faggotelli
go mop the boarder for mexicans or something

Shit even for a capeshit.

undertale is boring.

Well, you tried harder than 90% of the people that whine about it.

rolling

yeah i mean sure why not

Looks like we found ourselves a real live BioShock Infinite fan

rolling

plz nobody from a western game

Eh, why the hell not

No furry pla

I regret this decision.

Going for it.

rolling

(checked)

rollan

rollan

not bad

This is blatant.

Rolling like a wheel.

Rolling.

Because if you played it before you saw any of the hype, you really did not expect it.

Blatant what?

why not

Underrated Posts.

Are those dragon dildos?

BRRUUUM BRUUM

Yum Yum give me some!

I don't wanna fucking fap to curly brace.

This is horrible.

NOW I HAVE TO FAP TO CURLY BRACE AND WARIO.

rollan

AHAHAHAHAHA

yeah i honestly groaned out loud when i got the 25.

ok

grab the lotion, buddy boy.

Fap to the mental image of Wario wearing Curly's clothes

Hey buddy, just in time, rolling.

fuck

FUCK

FUCK

>>>/mtt/

>>>/reddit/
you have to go back

People only think Undertale was good because the average modern game is complete shit, while Undertale copies off of/was inspired by older games so underage faggots eat it up like its new and innovative in a sea of modern shitware

People who say Undertale is deep are retards who think subverting its own tropes is something new and deep and not cliche fucking modernist storytelling

Good game. The wave of popularity on here has subsided and the Generals are never going to start up again so I don't see a big deal about the game being talked about on here anymore.

Rollan

The game is good. Its not deep though, it has well written characters, but it ain't deep. Geneforge by Spiderweb is much deeper and it handles these very simplistic given what it is actually dealing with. Tell me about it when the autists are gone or dumblr's servers catch fire. I am not going to touch that shit until it is forgotten.

By the way: The infamous sperging about Undertale being MKultra comes from /cow/ from the time before Introman told Holla Forumstists to go fuck themselves.
>>>/cow/181024

rollan

That whole line about the board being coopted by SA people is starting to be less funny and more unnerving.

Stop lying!

>>>/cow/199468
>>>/cow/133567
>>>/cow/199342
>>>/cow/210911