armaholic.com/page.php?id=25551
youtube.com/watch?v=88QkWS2upTM
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63590810/high_macs_sim_v104.zip
mechcommander.co.uk/pages/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

there is actually a variety

please be more specific

Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 3, Brigador

i'm excited for Heavy Gear Assault, shame they don't have a lot of money and it's slow coming. you got me to check the site, nice to see updates have been speeding up.

Depends.

There are old games you can maybe emulate like R.A.D or the Front Mission games Stay away from Front Mission Evolved though. That one is for PC and its total shit. Strike Suit Zero is also shit. No idea why people pretend its good.

Lost Planet 2 is really good. I have hope that DUAL GEAR will be good when it comes out. Sure there are some cool mods for ArmA that adds mecha. Maybe Hawken is good. Never played it. Black Light Retribution lets you pilot a mech but its mostly a shooter that's pay to win. Project HON looked cool too bad it got canceled.

I swear I'll never get use to how retarded some people like you are on this site.

But as for mech games I'm really hoping the the 2017 Battlemech game is going to be good, from what they say that they're going to do with it I feel it could be pretty insane or be the final straw to make me kill myself if it's a flop.

That shit got cancelled because most of the footage wasnt real.
It was all CG mimicking the gameplay.
The game itself was another pay-to-win shooter with 2003 textures for mobile.
NCSoft knew it would piss people off if they released their shitty game that only correlates models design and maps with the trailers.
They then tried to make an actual game like that and failed miserably while considering that cancerous worst Korea doesnt buy games but IAP so they cancelled it.

Its a CoD with mecha and LGBT pander developer.

Mechwarrior community deserves to fucking die with no survivors.

On top of that PGI forced MWLL, MW4 and AT1:BT Remake of MW2 to close cause they couldn't afford competition apparently.

If you don't mind bending 'za rulez' a bit, you could always download a PSX emulator and grab some of the old Armoured Core games. I would recommend starting with 'Armoured Core 2' as it's probably one of the more accessible games in the franchise.

they made their bed. MWO's peak interest didn't scratch half of Mechwarrior 4's afterglow.
I started reading Battletech novels in middle school. when they stopped printing novels my interest waned. for the best, Battletech had a garbage lardball development lead for a while and will never recover, end of an era.

HAWKEN is great
(basicly titanfall only only titan and verry dynamic gameplay)

you have also an EVE online open world mmo with mech perpetium or something like that

here a video for Perpetuum

mmo sandbox EVE's style

buy and play (no more sub)

store.steampowered.com/app/223410/?l=english

Emulate armored core

It's been a decade or more since thew pc had a decent mech game buy a ps3 and emulate everything else

This guy is opperating on some high levels of irony

play last raven online through psp emulator

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnrbfluAl5lzqOxsgdGB_N6N1xA5knZM-

Which is the best Armoured Core game on PS3? I've got a fat one so PS2/PSX is also an option, but I'd prefer easy availability of PS3 games. I've never touched one, but that bizarre controller grip has my interest.

As for OP's question. There are no good modern mech games on PC.

i have ACV but it s deserted

I hear the for call and answer games are pretty good. 1-3 are supposed to be good also

Does Online matter for it? My PS3 is not connected to internet anyway

It's a tie between ac4a and ac5 VD, it depends on your tastes I prefer VD

not really

well in that case IIRC it doesnt matter.

but please note that the graphics are as good as a ps2 game …

For Answer. Not even close.

Found the pleb

What the hell kind of secret nippon jutsu is that?

Gundam Online is a good and the only current PC gundam game

Since Armoured core has basically taken center stage. How about Holla Forums gets together on VD or V and does a few free battles? (V's free battle still functions, just not it's conquest mode)

Is that a giant March toilet

God damn
Mech**

the problem with AC is that you always lack firepower …

Is that Hi-Macs game any good? It looks a bit like GunGriffon to me.

Yeah, Okay.

Firepower you say?

Games Workshop fags are the worst kill yourself.

Is mgr the only fucking PS3 game that actually runs at 60?
Why that generation was so shit?
Can you play ps3 games on ps4 with higher framerate? Is there any way to play AC4 or 5 or 60 fps?

The Armored Core games can get down to 5 fps. If you want to know why everything runs like shit it's because it's running on 2004 hardware

why ? because we are halfway between AC and Gundam fire in term of gun/m²?

orks do not count

(checked)
So not only it is locked, but also can't sustain them frames? What a damn shame.
Why PS1 and 2 were so godly? Why can't sony make good consoles anymore?

This whole warhammer thing throws me off with overtly surreal magic thing going on. I mean gundam can get pretty magical with newtypes and shit, but WH is straight up fantasy. Thanks, but no, thanks.

you hope you are agree on the logic saying:
"Let s put as much gun as possible on a gundam fueled by a nuclear reactor"

cool,
then Tau are exactly like this.
you have a fking dark matter reactor . better use it at his fullest.

eldar use psychic based power even ith titan .

and 41st millenia imperium basicly use the spirit of the machin who is a fking ctan AKA a machine god

the pilot if neuro linked to the titan so that he fell what the titan fell (causing issue because once you become a titan… you don t wanna be a "regular" technpriest again)

so surreal magic ? aside from Orks² i dont see where. and ork are made to be cheezy

² ork's power is the "psychic power to beleive": if enouth ork think X machine/titan will work, then it will work.

without this power gargantua titan would collapse upon it sheer weight.
and yes that s what the lore say

also: all of this is less cheezy than starcraft's blizzard fabric that can go deep inside your ass crack no matter your position.(pic related)

And yet I still find myself enjoying the starcraft/overwatch fabric a fuckton more then a bloated, quasi-fantastical, pile of shit with a fanbase who's autism rivals that of sonic fans.

Ugh, what about god emperor that is also a cyborg and some sort of tunnel generator?
Don't they also have undead and goddamned elves? I hate elves, I don't want to touch shit with elves.

I dig walking castles and the whole space gothic aesthetic, but something like EYE did a better job out of it.

Bipedal walking robots with arms to use separate weapons is just as equally fantastic in any situation.

posting Gundam Online gameplay, best thing about it is everything is viable if you have skill

Warhammer 40k is fantasy in space and has been since day one. The game never denies it. The secondaries who just bitch about it online are what piss me off.

Anyone who has actually had any experience with the game knows that GW are massive kikes. I like 40k but I don't count it as /m/ stuff.

Weeaboos like you should be gassed
Go back to Tumblr

Can't argue with that.
I guess I just can't deal with elves.

Are there other franchises with walking castles?

Did you expect a hugbox there, faggot? Cry more.

>>>/tumblr/

Because it was the lazy gen during that time and no you can't.

Posting metal warriors doesn't make you any less of a whiny bitch.
Keep crying.

both of you are being cocks, go fuck off and don't come back till you too homos get your homolust out of your system

The Eldar (elves) were such huge faggots that they managed to give birth to a god of excess. They are a dying race in 40k and their souls get eaten by Slaanesh when they die.

I don't think so. Anyway Warhammer is just fantasy and it's not for everyone. I derive most of the enjoyment from it by doing the hobby part of the game, but that is getting expensive these days.

he isn t.

he is just a beacon, a Lighthouse in the warp just like our north/south star.

space travel are similar to how middle age sea travel works.

>>>/tumblr/

Speaking of EDF, I would assume it's 30 fps too? Does it has ridable mechs, or only power armor?
Wasn't there "leak" about steam version recently? How much true was to that?
Is the one that are on steam now any good? I heard it was made by entirely different team.

make me

it s " a shame" that we will never see any of thoses sex addict eldar …

41st millenia eldar was nomad faggot who lived secluded in they craftworld ship and only visit a planet of the eldar empire to sell their shit …and they came less and less the more depraved "planet eldar" become

so yea … they are even worst than just space elves …they are the Romani people of the 41st millenia. but still good enouth to fuck i guess

I feel bad for posting in early access but here are two games to keep on your list.

MAV is supposedly a chromehounds sucessor, and it's just entered beta recently. See video.

Project Nimbus is an incredibly good early access title, I can describe it vaguely as a mix Ace Combat and Armored Core. Unfortunately the development has been long, I think I've heard about it two or three years ago. Just keep it in mind if it releases.

what's heavy gear, user? Is it singleplayer? Any good?

Nice, someone else who's played it. Besides how long the animations/cutscenes can get, what did you think of the game?

-It gets to 60 but its not stable
-There are Mechs, heres the smaller one
-The app hasnt been updated in 11 days so something might come out soon, most of the games leaked with it have been confirmed or released
steamdb.info/sub/81620/apps/
-The one on PC is ok and has some nice ideas but fails in many fronts
>>>/tumblr/

That looks pretty damn awesome.

I'm checking both Mav and Dual Gear from time to time, but as long as they're in early access they might as well not exist.

You can already find sex crazed Eldar. They're called Dark Eldar.

I tried to play it, couldn't get the demo to run. Figured since it was still getting worked on the finished product would be easier to get running. Still been following it.

Gun Metal is fun if you're looking for something more arcade-y

Theres also this

yea but thoses arent exactly the same as thoses who where part of the eldar empire as they became even more vicious after the cataclysm.

to a extend where sex or sex related activity is not more the main thing giving them pleasure.

rigth know we have eldar:
the prude one with Macha the 4000 years old virgin²
vs
dark eldar and Lelith hesperax (hair AP2)and Vex

² implying the Emprah isn t fuckign her every night in her dreams wich would be fucking awesome ==TOTAL HERESY== sorry…

I liked Infinity much more than Zero. It's still not exactly a mecha game.

Of course it is.

More motivation to study jap.

Hi-Macs is alright. I think it was supposed to be a successor to GunGriffon.

Now if only the MT game that was being made was ever finished.

I really enjoyed GunGriffon so this should be good.

i get some weird slowdown in infinity when mines start chasing me, it's ended nearly every run. otherwise it's one of my favorite shooting things in space games.

i realize just how bad mechwarrior online is/was for the franchise, but i gotta say: if you want to get into a mech and absolutely ruin some kids who have no idea how to play a mech game it can be fun in short bursts

personally i liked to cockpit atlases with my jagermech and my sweet sweet autocannons and watch them lose their minds because ATLAS IS DA BEST HOW U KILL ME, but with that said it's been like three years since i played so they could have done a lot to really fuck it up since then

I'm not going to deny that I've had fun playing MWO, or that I like the way it controls and whatnot.

The main thing that always turns me off is how fucking grindy the thing is. You have to play months on end just to get a second and third mech, then max both out so your first mech can actually have something that vaguely resembles a fighting chance vs all of the premium pay-to-win bullshit.

How far do you want to stretch the definition of "mecha"?
Because there was a pretty good Transformers game released last year.

Those where character/stylish action games with mecha characters

I remember some anons trying to get a group together to play mechwarriorLL.

Why do you keep posting pictures of these not-mechs?

To jump on the emulation bandwagon, you could emulate Cyberbots Full Metal Madness for some giant robot fightan.
Or Carnage Heart EXA for giant robot buildan and programman.

Actually Hawken is like Unreal tournament, but slower. It even has the same engine and weapon types.

mechamusume is allowed

Some Jap company is actually cloning Virtual On and releasing a game here pretty soon or it's already out on Vita I think. The catch is that they swapped out the robots for girls.

Oh I remember there was a Gundam VS clone one Steam recently.
"The catch" was that gundam game didn't have any gundams in it.

What's the point of "mecha" game if it has lolis in it? I'm not coming nowhere near this shit.

Why even bother

There's nothing wrong with cute mechs, but those things aren't mechs. They're girls cosplaying as mechs.

That was a Namco thing, iirc. The gameplay for Vs is fine, and I would have looked into it if it weren't the free to play shenanigans it got into.

Playing D.V.A in Overwatch was fun.

What the absolute fuck am I looking at

Is this actually how you're supposed to play?

Overwatch isn't a mecha game, though.
Yeah, it has a single mech in it, but that doesn't make the game itself mecha. That would be like saying Doom is one of those pet games because it has a rabbit in it.

It's so the elevens can use every button combination available in ACV and VD.

If you followed Armored Core you would know that is a legit playstyle

Heavy Gear holds a place in my heart, as do the Gundam games,
But I gotta say all the mechs in the 40k series games are fucking great.

But it's not really a mecha game

There was an Imperial Knight game. For IOS.

I'm probably going to get shit on for this, but I've only really played a few mech games, and the one I remember enjoying the most was called… mech assault? for the original xbox. wondering what would be like it, as the slower methodical combat approach was fun.

but man that was so fucking long ago, wonder if I'd still like it, and why the fuck is there no xbox original emulation.

can't even do the ghetto PC version

I'd even fucking buy a Marz PC port at this point

source? the only Virtual-On clone with girls I know of that isn't the doujin one (valforce) is on the DSi as a JP estore exclusive

shit didn't even last 3 months, didn't take long for it to get shut down
it was also really dumbed down mechanically compared to EXVS
wasn't worth playing at all

Oh god, Rise of Incarnates, wasn't it?

I remember one fucker defending the piece of shit like it was the second coming of Jesus, as if being good goys for the game would suddenly mean more vidya from Scamco.

You could try one of the Mechwarrior games, since Mechassault is just a shitty spin-off of them

It's not Valforce I saw a news story for it in the past few weeks but my short term memory lately has been horrible.

Emperor is also making sure that the portal to the webway from the golden throne stays shut, as the human built webway is overrun by chaos.

I did not know about that. I just didn't want to deal with the bullshit that they were pulling with that and honestly, I really should have just imported the real thing.

(checked)

yes, I know it's not valforce - I said the only clone I know of that isn't valforce was on DSiware

oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1441&view=next

but I just checked the related vids…this game is getting a re-release on 3DS. must be what you're talking about.

I have Oratorio Tangram and Force on my 360, best fucking fighting games i've ever played.

overwatch

just kidding. three days of playing the beta and it's already getting stale

There are plenty of games where you can pilot a robot at some point, that doesn't make them "mech game".
And even if you feel like mentioning them, the fact that it's not FEAR or Jedi Academy, but fucking overwatch garbage makes me unreasonably angry at fucking internet.

Just stop.

I just want to make sure people know it's a piece of shit.

Bamco didn't choose the shekel life, the shekel life chose Bamco.

I remember the cartoon user.

Shogo
Emulate Goemon 64
Emulate Front Missions
Emulate Carnage Heart
Old Stuff, Mechwarrior.
Original Starsiege (Not Tribes)

Did Armored Core ever go to the PC?

Armored Core has not gone to the PC. So its emulation only.

Project Nimbus is close in general gameplay to ACfA, but it is still in early access and has been for awhile.

Isn't ACV on PC?.

No, it wasn't.

Ya dummy, Holla Forums is already shitting on nuDoom for being a load out arena shooter. Hawken is just as bad, if not worse than nuDoom when it comes to mixing sub genres and absolutely failing.

is that Starseige? I never actually played it.

some dude made Shogo recreations in Half-Life. short but fun.
moddb.com/mods/shogo-ikari
moddb.com/mods/shogo-hydra

It's also aerial combat only. So expect another Strike Suit, where your space jet has arms and legs just to look cool.

Yea it was good.

It's pretty weird to think that an offshoot like Tribes took it over. I mean only 2 1/2 to 3 games there but still.

Any other series that started off completely differently? Castlevania, but that's not quite the same.

i've never been more disappointed in a p2w garbage game than i was in mechwarrior online.
how do you take a good concept for multiplayer with all the elements intact and ruin it so hard with large obstacles, respawn timers and tiny maps.

Easy, you hand it off to people looking to make a quick buck developing the game on montreal money who previously scammed Nintendo into giving a bass pro shop fishing game the seal of quality.

downloaded a lot of the suggestions in this thread, also just ordered For Answer after watching some gameplay and all the crazy controller talk. Can't wait to try it out.

I'm surprised with how fast it looks. Hopefully it has a good amount of replay value and customization options.

this is what kills the anime.

Honestly you should play 4 before for answer, it's a direct sequel. For answer is definitely better though 4 has a better endi-… Wait, I forgot, no it does not, given what is most likely the canon ending…

:( was canceled

didn't know they were so story heavy?
would it be sacrilege to watch the 4's story online?

Front Mission Evolved isn't bad as long as you go into it with the idea that it's just some mech game made by some developer and not Front Mission. Sort of like Invisible War is okay as long as you don't compare it to any other Deus Ex.

#triggered

It is… not exactly story heavy. If you played Dark Souls 1 you know what to expect. It's very cryptic, but absolutely everything is done for a reason. You're a soldier, you're only TOLD what you need to know, but if you're crazy perceptive and pay attention to the lore, you can figure out some crazy shit that's going on behind the scenes… and much of the story of armored core is hotly debated online. For example, it's unknown whether 4, For Answer, V and Verdict Day take place before or after the games released prior to them, but those games definitely take place in that order.

The protagonist of 4 also shows up in For Answer as another pilot in the game.

Seriously though, there's a lot of intrigue as to what is really going on in both games, the story is smaller and more personal in 4 where For Answer has the stakes obscenely high, one path in particular having a horrendous war crime on a scale I don't think any game has topped as to what a player can do, and is needed to do for what is probably the canon ending. Both games are very tragic and somber tales of mercenaries fighting in a ruined world.

Rise of Incarnates actually seemed really interesting to me, both the premise and the gameplay. I had no idea it was based on the Virtual On engine though.

You motherfucker. That's got one mech fight at the end of the game. I rented that game and didn't have a fucking jetwendo gamepak so I had to beat the entire fucking game twice in three days because by the time I reached the final fight the first time mommy said it was bed time.

I just realised, isn't this really, really racist according to SJWs and blatant cultural appropiation? A jap who's all cutsey and pink (itself sexist) but OF COURSE she's the one with the mech, because that's where the mech animes come from?

Well all know why they're not getting any shit for it. those cunts don't watch anime because it's for loser nerds, so they don't get this is as stereotypical as an african turning up in tribal getup

She's South Korean.

That reminds me, I made the mistake of browsing our Holla Forums the other day and I saw some dumbass say how Korea is the future of video games and the next "weeb paradise". I got a good giggle from that.

Why are you bringing this completely unrelated topic up in a good thread?

Dumb shit should know south korea has gone full britain/sweden in their police state censorship policies and social justice mentality, minus the immigrants.

Let's not forget the game development fees that even Korean modders have to pay.

Into the fucking trash.

North Korea is fucking 1984 come to life and South Korea is a corrupt SJW paradise.
There's a reason so many South Koreans are weebs, it's because they want to escape the reality of their own country.

any specific ones? I rather enjoyed it so something similar would be nice to grab

webm.land/media/k7iI.webm

SWEDEN YES !

oh whait ? that s not sweden …

The hottest debate between MW fans is whether MW3 or 4 is the best in the series.
So you can start with either.

I don't think I've ever seen a boyband with that many memebers.

Nice trips, and now I'm really starting to get interested. I definitely liked looking for the story in Dark Souls, so that combined with fast paced mech action has me pretty hype. Guess I'll be looking up the lore for the first few games tonight… though I might go ahead and emulate the second seeing as it was recommended earlier with pretty high praise.

Truly, Davy Jones is churning in his urn.

The South Korean music industry seems to be intent on pumping out as many idols as they can.

It's legit if you're fucking retarded

It is literally nothing like either of those games.
Absolutely no customization.
Can't even change your goddamned weapons.
I want this "le liek ace combat and armored core!!!" meme to fucking die already

May Greenfield is best waifu wingman

The ORCA ending was the only one with a modicum of hope, and gave me a raging boner for a space based Armored Core.

But For Answer was already basically Gundam SEED with less laser bullshit

Depends if you want to play as a mech or as a guy piloting a mech.
I prefer playing as the pilot and have never played anything that could compete with pic related.

I'm currently learning Blender so I can make a crisp, low poly Mecha game.

Low poly both due to hardcore nostaligia-fagging for Gen 1 Armored Core, and so that I can make it as easy as possible for low end machines to run at maximum speed while filling the screen with more missiles and lasers and explosions.

Customize the fuck outta your robots
Attach shit to your hands, arms, shoulders, head, chest, hips, upper back, lower back, all at the same time.

Huge focus on customization and allowing the player to attempt to complete missions with whatever loadouts they wish. One thing I hated about Front Mission Evolved was that it forced you to use a certain leg type for each mission, solely because of cutscenes.

Due to the large amount of weapons you could carry at once, it would use a weapon grouping mechanic similar to Chromehounds or Another Century's Episode.

I just wanna make the Armored Core game I've always wanted.

Try MW3

AGDG?

Mech 4: Vengeance is fucking perfecct, I wish it would get an HD re-release.

I have played them all, I can't put my finger on what it is exactly but I prefer 2.

How did this never get released?

Looking at the company it doesn't have a great track record, however.

Worst Korean here, we flipflop on everything like crazy.
At one point we even had a government-funded handheld gaming device project and then next thing you know as soon as a new regime is established they attempt to classify game enthusiasts as mentally disabled, the dangerous kind.
This is why we Koreans are so damn salty about our own society.
Because we know things could do a 180 at a moment's notice.

k-pop shows are basicly porn trailer
and in the same time they … well you saw it

now who is that semen demon?

that's harsh. one of the best features of US government: it's slow and difficult. some of the best economic periods happen when the government is completely deadlocked.

we're in a pretty bad way ourselves at this point though.

i keep forgetting this existed you fuck, now I'm sad again.

She is actually almost succubus looking too lol.

isn't the current korean government on it's way out though since it came out the president was funding violent thugs?

I'm still mad. NCSoft, you jewish fucks.

that spawn of a dictator was on her way out even before that.
we 20s to 30s people got burnt already for not voting enough, which was why she was elected in the first place.
it won't happen again.
and this time we're gonna make sure the next regime won't be so anti-vidya

What's the closest thing you got to a Fascist option?

I hope you're right chink
Ive seen more lax dictatorships

we asians were fascists by tradition before you whiteboys even coined the fucking term

Whoa there, Tai-Song. Don't set your fucking fields on fire, cause I asked you a simple question.

You gonna answer it, or are you gonna keep up the delivery?

though the current closest option is The People's Party (국민의당) led by one of our very first korean BBS (telnet) namefag.
I guess he's kinda one of us.
he wants to give full autonomy to the Korean army so they can operate without interference from a civilian commander-in-chief.

his party is literally the third option from the split dichotomy of the conservative party and the liberal party at the moment.
both sides will have to court his party if they want to pass any legislation now.

Fitting considering North Korea is probably the most fascist country on the fucking planet.
What does the South think of them? I hear nobody takes them as a threat even though they have nukes now.

in the end, things are fixing itself at the moment so I'm kinda optimistic for the industry's future in Korea.
we've already hit rock bottom, there's no way things can't get better from now.

Oh shit nigger you've done it now.

Asians have such misplaced optimism.

we're more worried about their potential spec ops operation happening here again.
last time it happened in the 90's it took longer than it should to kill all of them.
and to be honest we don't really want the north collapse on its own either
we're not economically ready to absorb all those poorfags in the north
though it would certainly remove excuses from the radical left wings to demand more foreigners to fill demand for the labor-intensive jobs

The smug expression on his face seems to rub off a sense of bravado, and maybe a little bit of satisfaction in being absolutely right in everything he says.

May his energy emanate through the country he is clearly destined to lead.

I'm talking about the state of Korean vidya
all this struggle for the third option will be for nothing if Trump doesn't get elected
if Trump actually withdraws his grip on north east asia then we can actually get nukes too to defend ourselves from japan and the norks
we're one of the countries that can actually go full nuclear armament in a very short time
we have one of the best nuclear facilities, it's just America gimping us down with economic retributions

The North is actually increasing in economy, I think.
If Trump is serious about his foreign policy then he might pull out all of the US soldiers from the South unless they pay the US. I imagine the South would get its own nukes in an instant, right?

pic related
no way in hell we're paying more than what we're already paying
it's bad enough as it is that we're taking in shitty arms deal from american arms companies instead of better deals from the yuros for the sake of Korea-US alliance.
Trump wouldn't want to lose us as their best customers for american weaponry.
What we buy will certainly be bought by other countries in need of weapons.

user, I don't think you understand how mad things really are, here.

The only way Trump isn't getting in is if he's absolutely unable to, and the only way Trump will be absolutely unable to is being killed, and the climate here is not a good one to kill a front-runner like himself on.

It'd be more likely for him to be corrupted than anything else, which is why Holla Forums is just absolutely obsessed with keeping tabs on him. Very dire!

What?
Both are westernized as fuck and under Burger control
Am I missing something or are you still salty about the Sino-Jap Wars?

what happened of that? I heard a little of that psychotic leftist plot to pump foreigners in to SK

You really think it's like that. Don't you?

I know a shitton of you hate it
But thats about it.
From I hear you're still under a shitton of influence from the Burgers.
Much more than the Nips.

we are still salty about the illegal japanese occupation of our peninsula
unless Japan distances itself from its imperial days we're gonna consider the current Japan and their imperial predecessors one and the same
also this guy knows what's up

we're making sure they assimilate else they end up like the Chinese Diasporas during 1970's: all their assets seized and their incomes taxed to oblivion and endless inspections from the revenue agency.
it's how we've always done with foreigners in Korea.
in the long run their bloodline becomes so diluted that you can't really trace their ancestry unless you go full CSI.

In case you haven't noticed from the way I've been posting, I'm a burger, myself.

Look, my point is that you should know what's really driving Japan and Korea, right now. Come on. Guess.

Can we get back to talking about giant robots?

Easy, its I have no idea actually

/m/echa is Holla Forums-friendly, buddeh

You're just blogposting about Korea at this point, though.

Nobody.

Japan, however, is currently under heavy influence of the United Nation's special flavour of globalism, and is currently feeling the hurt, thanks to their incredibly weak status. They've not even put up a fight, so perhaps the gook is correct in his feelings of fear.

Never thought I'd be feeling bad for one, or that it'd be the Japs who'd turn out to be the most corrupted.

well y'all liked it though
and there aren't any good mecha games on PC anymore
and armored core is not PC you git

It is if you use emulators

fair enough

I said vaguely. It's all I can think of when describing the actual combat. Sorry user

By the way, anyone who owns Ultimate Knight Windom should get this mod for it.
moddb.com/mods/extreme-vs-full-boost-mod

But that "mod" is a broken piece of shit, consisting of stolen chinese mods from muh private communities, that barely work with each other.
I mean it might look pretty, if inconsistent, but good luck finishing arcade mode without crashing/freezing/blowing your computer up.

Worst of all it doesn't add any really new moves to robots, only shuffles existing ones around and stuff them into gendum models of various fidelity.

You know the mech genre is in a sad state when one of the best contemporary mech games for the PC is an ArmA mod

Also reminder that this exists.

IS it any good?

That's just Herzog Zwei, though.

i don t llike this game…. couldn t stand playing more than 30 min .
i may be biaised so check opinion of other

Well I'm looking at steam forums and reviews now, and it doesn't seem to be the case.
Back when it only appeared as open beta I really liked it and played for a while, but then decided to wait till it's done.

And guess what 3 or so years later shit's still in "Early Access", still without campaign, and with pretty detailed and reasonable negative reviews and forum posts from people with 1k+ hours of play time.

I guess it failed to become the great game it could, what a damn shame.

Herzog Zwei was fucking awesome though.

Yeah, so why would I play AirMech?

this. shit's pay2notgrind

Muh mouse control.
Variety of cool looking robots instead of just standard blue and red Valkyrie rip-off.
But mostly mouse control.

But seeing the state it's in now, you'd indeed better be off playing Herzog Zwei.
Are there romhacks to add mouse support to genesis games?

You are better off getting individual models or going down the list of mods on amecha or something.

How hard do I need to shill to get VD on PC?

I want it but I also don't want it.

Korean trash that should have stayed dead

Have you never seen dorkly post on /m/? He dumps neat shit while posting Korean news

Dougram was a good show

Be popular jewtuber like totalbitchtits or the like.

Except even DS1 isn't all that bad port. It has locked down resolution, framerate and broken mouse control, but otherwise it worked perfectly - no slowdowns, no crashes, no nothing. It was running perfectly on my old ass GTS 250. It worked MUCH better than on fucking ps3.
That's 5/10 port, far better than that broken piece of shit called Arkham Knight, or Bladestorm, neither of which worked at launch at all on 99% of computers.

So yeah, if they port any AC in a state of DS1, I'll gladly buy it.

Couldn't change weapons in that one either, mang. Quit sperging out.

The Wiz and Caanoo were super neat too. Shame the government can't make up it's mind.
And they still work fine, they're just far outclassed by cheap, generic Android phones now. Shame.

Now I want this too, fuck. I wonder how hard it would be to do this. Probably incredibly.

Whelp, that one review helped settle my opinion on them.

Gun Metal any good? Heard the PC version is 30fps locked but I can deal with that.

I have a theory that the reason liberals and SJWs can't get into mecha is that they are basically giant guns.

But you can't /clang/ a gun, can you?

Also acree had one hilarious origin story.

Oh user, you don't even know…

SOMEONE POST THE NUTTED NUGGET

I do not want to know. Talk about vidya, assholes.

Speaking of transformers, check out the high moon games and devestation

It's too late, /k/ is already on their way

Someone post the cap of an user that said he slept with his mosin. :^)

it was trash, yes I agree.
but it was our trash ;_;
no gundam game will ever come close to its massive variety of mechas to play as

those are some god tier designs.

that mecha godzilla there is also a giant jet
and it's also an armor for the guy
takara was fucking based as fuck when it came to mecha
I daresay even more than bandai

>An airshow

wow wrong fucking link
oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=475

I have a personal preference for Silent Line because it has an FPS mode. You can play the entire game from a first person perspective and it's very different from the third person view they usually did. A shame they didn't keep it.

Do not get Armored Core V if you don't care for online shit, it is totally geared around that. I had to pull gorilla tactics to get through stuff further in the game line since I was stuck with basic equipment because apparently the shop items can only be accessed while connected to the internet.

It's insane how almost all if not every single Dark Souls game was ported to PC but none of the Armored Cores.

What's the story behind the 9-Ball Cirno meme?

If they're murderous and they have it constantly talking in a way to drill the point home while unloading into you. That'd be awesome as fuck.

…Someone actually pays that much attention to the story?
I always just pegged it as corporations took over the world, said corporations are waging war with one another for total control, grim shit, and just invest most of my attention towards blowing holes in cores.

Yeah, the story is actually there if you look, it's pretty neat.

All the Dark Souls games got ported because Sony didn't help fund them to get them as exclusives. Demon Souls and Bloodborne got this treatment and were exclusives as a result.

Armored Core is also likely exclusive due to Sony paying out the ass to keep it that way, but fret not. From Software's next project is supposedly going to be a sci-fi thing with a "New IP" so it could be a non-Armored Core giant robot game that COULD be ported to PC.

Armored Core IV, V, and VD are on 360.
I also doubt the First 3 were paid for since there was never any sort of advertisement and I don't think they were that big of a name and at the time it was between them and Nintendo.

Huh, well maybe we'll see armored core on PC sometime.

Mechwarrior Living Legends :_;7

I don't think many people used it. The gameplay wasn't well designed around that.

A lot /m/ stuff punches outside of its weight class.

From also doesn't know what kind of market there is for mech stuff on the PC, until someone takes the plunge and makes a profit from doing that. I think Devolver tried to get them to port Metal Wolf Chaos and bring it over to the US, but that isn't going to happen.

Cirno is associated with the number 9. That's all there is to it.

What /m/ game has the most autistic stats system.

I want Football Manager: /m/ Edition.

I like Armored Core's deluge of stats, however I find they do not effect gameplay as much as I would like.

Carnage Heart EXA is pretty stat heavy.
And I'd wager Damascus Gear has its fair share, but I haven't played it.

I'll have to give EXA a proper shot. It got lost among other PSP games. Meanwhile Damascus is OK, but there aren't enough parts to fiddle with.

What mod?

armaholic.com/page.php?id=25551

I've used it with some friends, it's pretty fun, but also really highlights the weaknesses of using giant humanoid robots in combat; sure they're fast and reasonably well armed, but they're also huge targets and can be fucked by anything bigger than 20mm and actually the 20mm Vulcan on jets will still wreck them if you get a lot of hits, they can only take on MBTs if they get the drop on them (which is hard when you're taller than most buildings and trees), ATGMs, IEDs, and recoilless rifles will pretty much 1hko them, as will tanks for that matter, and they're insanely expensive. they also have a tendency to fall over

One of the ops we ran was 8 insurgents vs. 4 guys in 2 mechs, it was pretty easy to take them out.
I was the driver of the mech that stepped on the AT mine

We also did another one where we were in a platoon of 4 leo 2s fighting a shitload of mechs, but it was pretty boring since the AI tries to use them like IFVs and they just get shit on.

I will say though, using the one with the particle beam rifle or whatever is pretty fun, it can pen like 5 T-100s front to back and still kill a 6th. Also the VR suits make for good mech pilot suits.

Internet porn is banned and all the girls get plastic surgery. It is truly hell on earth.

We haven't had a decent mech this game console gen. The last good one was ACVD. No one will put money behind a mech game in west unless it's turn based tactics shit. Pray for From Software to deliver.

I can not sympathise. The faker, the better.

Considering what most of them looked like before, shouldn't that be a plus?

Wait until your silicone princess bears a disgusting spawn.

Better off with a real doll.

Fixed. You realise there are drones today that can be controlled with brain signals right? Why battletechfags think people will be pulling levers in a metal box in the future is "realistic mecha" is beyond me.

no there aren't.
youtube.com/watch?v=88QkWS2upTM
you can make a toy go up and down by thinking really hard about pooping.

also there are jacked-in interfaces in Battletech. and all the basic mechs in battletech use rudimentary brain input for posture and balance. and all the other scifi in this thread have mechanical controls so…?

But since you have a fanboy stick up your ass then how's this.

Literally every single mech in battletech would collapse the moment it tried lifting a leg. No attempt whatsoever is made to reconcile the square cube law and the mass of the mechs with they're uttelry retarded hip-leg joints.

But he never said anything about it being realistic, he just mentioned the difference in perspective.

Sounds fuckin' great. Best of luck.

so how I control the mech with the equivalent of a single-button controller that doesn't work half the time?
are we going to design the flappymech?

in MW4, is it like AC where you get to keep improving on a robot with parts?
Or is it like a mission-to-mission basis?

Did that dumbass happen to be Keiji Inafune?

Wait. Mechs in that mod come in 3 different sizes so how are all of them?

The VOTOMS/Heavy gear ones, mid-sized ones and gundam-sized ones.

Does anyone know what mods this guy is using for Men of War?

Seems to be assets in the Red Rising mod you can only access through the editor

Well they're Wanzers, they aren't exactly up there in the capability department for mecha. From what I understand they're basically considered to be tanks by the engine so that puts a limit on what they can do even more. The model itself stands out too though, even without the bright solid red and blue colors.

Is Megabyte Punch kind of mecha? I mean you've got tons of customization and all. Shame about how repetitive it can get

Emulate that shit. The PS2 Armored Core games run great in PCSX2.

Characters are controlled like normal dudes from any other game.
After years of /m/anhood I came to realisation, that control scheme makes mech game a MECH game.
If your in-game representative is controlled like any other character would, it's not a mech game, despite how your representative might look.

PSO2 is a prime example. You might play as a robot, and have huge ass customisation pool of part and accessories, but in gameplay you control another dude, not a vehicle, thus it's not a mech game

HIGH MAX'S SIM is dope as fuck but I don't have the link to the Japanese site I downloaded it from

Are you shitting on casts?

I will fight you faggot

SDGO was trash and the whole system fucked you over, that's why I liked MSGO, everything is viable as so long as your skilled

The hosting site it was on was shut down back in March. I don't think the creator's mirrored it yet.

(checked)
remember when SDGO's weapon system was literally RPS

Damn. That sucks

I didn't know they changed that. I played it for a bit, though the RPS combat and some other things turned me off. It probably forces people to play more things, which is an alright idea, but its not fun.

Border Break console or PC port never ever.

Border Break designs are cool as shit. I like Votoms/Heavy Gear/Geas sized mechs

they should make a Border Break anime

Has best macross been posted yet?

PS3 killed the mecha genre.

checked again, the web archive of his page actually has a functioning download because it was hosted off-site on dropbox.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63590810/high_macs_sim_v104.zip

then they axed the RPS thing and made pretty much every C rank outside the few meta ones shit to use

again, glad it's dead

Anyone have that webm of that never-ever Muvluv game?
I think it was of a TSF flying around attacking a Fortress class in the snow.

What's that from?

Also, recommend me good mecha anime. I havne't watched any anime in a while and Mecha is always good.

If you can deal with 3D rubbish try Aldnoah.
It's a cool take on super versus real concept.

I rarely see people mention Windom but it's the only game posted hear that I really like aside from Custom Robo.

It even has a fucking netplay mode.

The MC is pretty obnoxious though. I'm cool with unconventional strategies since they're technologically outclassed but he's so damn quick with them and he's never wrong

You should watch Dougram instead, good show

Man, I miss the original GP2X and its community, something like that would never work now because devs can easily charge for shit on android and IOS

So what's this from?

I've never seen a show with so much potential execute itself so badly. But it's classic anime: the author spent 98% of his energy devising the setting, and about 2% caring about the narrative and if it was meaningful or not.

Which is funny since there is so much potential with using mecha inside narrative. Because the power of sci-fi is distilling situations for examining human interaction. Mecha, on their face, allow for the ultimate expression of human dualism (the person controlling the machine becomes visually literal), as well as the ultimate expression of mastery over a weapon (the mecha itself becomes a replacement body, but controlled through the body, means it becomes the ultimate extension of the body).

Shows try to run with these but because they seem to lack any education of classic literature and the techniques of writing, the best they can do is comic strip level that begs for something deeper.

Just a shame. And because mechs are seen as an "eastern" thing (like most stereotypical eastern things these days, in spite of them having distinctly western orgins), you just won't see anyone exploring it in the west.

Not to mention association problems. Like someone theorizing SJW's dislike mecha because they see it as just one big gun (or as I said, the ultimate expression of the weapon).

And while we're on the subject, what were they thinking with Hawken too?

HOMOSEXUAL MECHS
O
M
O
S
E
X
U
A
L

M
E
C
H
S

Quit being a faggot.

Ok, since you got dubs, just this once instead of calling you pretentious faggot let's say you actually have insight and have a fucking idea what you're talking about. I'll ask - are there any /m/ series/movies/whatever that actually managed to do this - perform an ultimate expression of human dualism?

Because, as long as we're talking about legit good shows, in a full-on military setting, like old-school Macross or Front Mission, mechs are just that - combat vehicles, that has SOME in-universe justification for humanoid form, but mostly there for cool value, and in super-hero setting like Mazinger or Getter Robo mechs are basically masks, or suits, for super heroes inside of them. They also usually bring out "one who fights monsters can become monster himself" thing, but it has mostly nothing to do with mechs being well mechs. Guyver and Devilman do the same thing, and huge robots replaced by bio-armor/demon's spirit thing without making much difference.

What?

They had this ridiculous "Love Wins" event, just look it up
Essentially, it was celebrating gay pride.

The ultimate expression in visual metaphor*

I should have been more specific. This doesn't necessarily mean the narrative itself needs to explore this theme. It is explored via the natural interaction of the pilot to the mech. It would be up to the writer to capitalize on the strength of this element. Which they don't.

The large amount of shallow mecha media should be more than enough proof of that.

Also I appreciate you withholding your 'tardness and not shitposting.

Remember, that is not the only thing they represent as a device. Embedded deep within the mech culture is the "gunslinger" culture, which has a direct analogue of "Sword fighter" in japan. There is a reason westerns and samurai flicks translate into each other so well and they cannibalized each other during that era of cinema. They are the same essential genre: stories about people who exhibit more autonomy than other people through being a special class of a person. This class being, people who seem to have greater martial control, and the ability/authority to kill. More generally depicted as being able to express themselves as they want, until they run into another like themselves. Only a gunslinger can kill another gunslinger, type thing.

Same deal here. Mech pilots tend to be a special class of person, through training (and sometimes other designation) they have mastered the some martial prowess and now defeat people with impunity. At least until another one of their kind shows up, then you get a grand battle (the sword fight, the shoot out at high noon, etc).

Watching Patlabor made me realize that mecha vidya that isn't focused on the military or some kind of military application is pretty much non existent. I would enjoy seeing a game about being a cop and doing cop things with robots or perhaps even being an industrial worker and doing industrial things with robots, or a fire fighter and doing dire department things etc etc.

You can make an interesting plot without following classic forms. The problem is that making it up would be very, very difficult because you would need to keep track of a lot of moving parts and ensure that the audience is kept in the loop. It is also not for everyone.

This thread is manifestation of what kills mecha genre - the lack of interest.
While threads about garbage just don't end.

There just isn't much to talk about.

Earthsiege/Starsiege is kind of mecha, right? That shit was cash.

What is Lost Planet?

This is not how you respect the robot.

this guy wants to netplay the win95 port of Virtual-On

YO HAMACHI THAT'S FUCKIN' OLD SCHOOL

haven't tried it yet but if anyone wants to give it a shot

MSGO is even more p2w than SDGO. At least before you could roll the gacha with standard currency that you get in every match, now you need rare tickets that cost even more per ticket. Not to mention the whole gold vs. silver blueprints thing, which more than doubles the amount of useless garbage you get. There are even those boost items that make you mechanically better than everyone else.

SDGO was the hero we needed. It was even in english.

UCGO could have saved us all

You give me hope, user.

bretty sure most of us are versed in mechcommander. unfortunately there's little replayability, since it's just a campaign.

the ISOs are public, for anyone that hasn't played.
mechcommander.co.uk/pages/downloads/

You say "celebrating gay pride," I say "blatantly profiting off of faggots and virtue-signalling bleeding hearts."

I think they were just baiting for somebody to draw gay mechs.

the ticket cost for the gasha hasn't changed, the only difference is now you can't outright buy GP gasha tickets

You don't even buy the suits, you get a chance to get a suit and that's it, you're retarded

Congrats now you have whatever FotM suit is out, now you just have to upgrade it, make sure the module isn't shit, and be a competent pilot so you don't end up waiting 400+ seconds for it to come off CD

You're just upset you got killed by an Alex

It's safest not to differentiate between virtue signalers and true believers.