I feel like im going through actual withdrawls now the demos over

I feel like im going through actual withdrawls now the demos over.

How the fuck do you go back to that piece of shit DS3 after this?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/294860
steamspy.com/search.php?s=umihara
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what kinda game is it?

The game in it's current state looks really fucking clunky and tries a bit too hard to be an "upgrade" of Souls games.
I don't expect anything from it but hope that they polish it a lot more than it currently is.

I am interested in seeing what kind of a character this Geralt of Asia is.

Onimusha combined with ninja gaiden and dark souls.

Cool concept and ideas but most of them are executed really poorly. You can tell the alpha was rushed out to capitalize on the popularity of DaS3.

I hope they fix and tweak some shit because i was looking forward to it

I don't even know what this game is and that's the first thing i thought when i saw the picture.

I didn't know Geralt had a weeaboo phase.

so where can i find the demo?

Back a week in time.

fuck this gay earth, the demo was fun

ill see if i can torrent it. Like what happened with the SFV beta

It was around for about a week and a half and while its got some things that need fixing it felt so fresh and new. Like dark souls takes demons one way focussed on aesthetic, Nioh takes demons another focussed on challenge.

You again?

Why is this being shilled so hard?

First time I saw the pic in OP I thought hey, looks like another Witcher game coming, must be set in some vaguely Asian setting this time.

im interested. I need a different setting than edge souls

well then.

It was really, really fun and did new things in an age of increasing homogenisation across all vidya. In an age where lots of games across different genres default to "X game that already exists in a different world" its so refreshing to see what looks like another one of those and in the first 30 seconds its very clear this is an entirely different idea that offers something fresh and new.

Compared to shit like lords of the fallen that just imitates but never iterates its a breath of fresh air.

Because honestly when is the last time Holla Forums was pleasantly surprised by something being better than expected?

I sincerely cannot remember.

Why are Japs the biggest cucks?

Dark Souls 3 is better than Bloodborne, get over it.

Good joke

While theres already the default insincere faux outrage from tumblr tonally it makes sense. The guy is some British trader running into shit like youkai. He has the biggest culture shock imaginable. There arent just real demons but all your own cultural folklore is completely meaningless. You didnt hear about this shit from your grandma, you dont know about wierd shit like "throw down grains of rice to distract a vampire since they are OCD", its a supernatural fish out of water in a very unique way.

So basically no one is going to play this then.

Dudebros don't give a fuck about games that take place in asia, even if you make the main character white.

IT WAS SHIT ANYWAY, BLOODBORNE WAS ALWAYS BETTER, WHY BOTHER

Sonyponies will never not be salty

If it's any consolation, Koei tecmo often port their games to PC (Although mostly the ports are shit) but with this being Team Ninja and with what happened with DoA im not sure they will

I love the souls games but dark souls 3 was a lazy cash in, you would have to be a blizzdrone tier brand indoctrinated shill to defend a 6/10 "grand finale" like that.

This victim complex isn't healthy, the more that play it the better. Calm down you arent under personal attack.

The OP makes it very clear user.

Too bad really. I don't want the game to fail if only because it sounds like a really interesting idea.

Theres two playstation audiences: noramlfag wiggers after fifa and in the past tomb raider and weebs after "muh atelier" and persona and so on.

good point. a weeb game isnt going to sell on the ps4. I guess here's to hoping the ports half decent

what
calm down, no one is attacking you just because they prefer one game over another. Nioh is better anyway, you'd know this if you had any taste or experience outside of dark souls.

games sell their least on PC anyway.

You actually think Im going to fall for that?
5/10

Where do you think weeb games sell?

Worst girl

no, I don't think you want to talk about video games.

GET THE FUCK OUT

I bet you like alien queen.

The weeb muh atelier audience moved on to the vita in japan. There's a reason all the anime games released on the PS4 have been flops, hell the most recent Disgaea damn near killed NIS and is probably why they ported the first one to PC.

They don't have the Japan audience, and i think they know it seeing as they made the main character white, and the western weeb audience that bought a PS4 is too small to support this kind of game. Who are they trying to sell it to?

The Vita and the PS3

Best girl forever and always

I dont think neither you or OP wanted to either.

You know who.

Its likely a timed exclusive because Sony is handling the marketing dont fret.

I don't even understand white weebs. How can you look a culture clearly inferior to your own, one that only enjoys the success it does because it sought to rapidly emulate your practices and customs in order to have a leg up over their peers, and wish you were a part of this inferior copycat culture than your own glorious and storied heritage?

If you were a nigger or something, I can see why, since they're even lower on the civilization pole, but why would a white guy do this?

I'm feeling it.
I was put off by what I feel to be a combat system unresponsive to inputs, but after dying the umpteenth time to the first Outlaw I finally got the hang of it.
I've been playing Katana and Spear exclusively, and especially the former allows pretty impressive combos once you've mastered the stance dance and timing Ki Bursts, not to mention the stylish sheathing animation after you've drawn blood.

Regarding the stances, I think they are well thought-out, with High allowing high commitment, high damage moves, Mid offering best defence (most parry moves are located here, and I think the game insinuates that you get a bonus of some sort regarding your capability to block things) and solid combo starters for most PvE encounters, and Low enabling fast, low-commit pokes and some special abilities like the AoE knockback for the Katana and the jumps/dashes for the Spear.

Enemy variety was alright, they certainly matched the scenery. Level design made sense, so did the atmosphere, but nothing I've seen was overly impressive.
Of the bosses, the Big Oni was the most engaging, with patterns that punish you hard for missing, but are somewhat exploitable once you get to know them, since it didn't react to you punishing them, at least iirc.
Nue looked cool and a fair share of (well-telegraphed) one-shots, but was too easy since all you had to do to exhaust it is hit its belly.
Speaking of "too easy", kicks OP pls nref

Definitely looking forward to TK ironing out the wrinkles on the battle system, this looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Also looking forward to playing other characters, since the level select screen somewhat hints toward that.

tl;dr It's p.good the kurosawa of dark souls pls fix combat

so far, there's no distinct playstation audience considering the absence of games up to this point. If anything the audience seems most interested in playing games in general, considering what has been released has sold well and has found an audience on the PS4. From AAA shit like call of duty to niche games like gravity rush, and kid-friendly games like ratchet and clank. Obviously the games do not sell equally, but they all seem to sell acceptably.

lets not delude ourselves, I'm here to talk about video games and realistic possibilities in the future of games development, not hopeful wishes that a game directly funded by Sony is going to making it to a competing platform.

Because white culture is shameful. Skinheads and neo nazis ruined it and to be proud of something related to white heritage is to become a social pariah so directionless white youth gravitate to something else.

What do you think lead to the nu male sjw shit to begin with? Modern white kids are scared, confused and directionless. They see the white sjws speak openly about anything and they follow them because to do otherwise is to be the CIS SCUM to be shamed into unemployment.

Not to sound like Holla Forumss paranoid ass but weebs occur because white culture stagnated at the end of the 20th century and its been devouring itself and regurgitating it 'ironically' ever since because to do otherwise is 'racist'.

Vita, PS3, and in the west PC.

Dude not cool. Let him rest in peace.

Maybe? I'd play it if it did come out on PC. Really i just want to see magical Japan used as a setting more often.

PS4 basically is the 360 2. It found the dudebro audience that will actually buy PS+ and that's all they need. It's a good thing the Vita stepped up as the weeb system otherwise we'd be fucked.

Sure

Ken sama will never die as long as his will and mamoru is still alive in the hearts of man.

so how's combat? is there a slight rpg aspect like dark souls? or are you just an ebin samurai?

youre behind on the times fam. Weebs like their handheld waifus

Itsuka is best girl. Frog cunt goes in the cook pot.

It has talent trees and shit like "half circle + triangle" combos.

Keep trying to "signal boost the victim narrative" then, im sure you will show someone something and your time will be truly well spent showing us the error of our ways for liking the thing.

glad we can establish that.

If the PS4 is the 360 2, that's fine. The 360 had a tremendous early life that carried on the spirit of the original Xbox wonderfully and was host to excellent games like chrome hounds. This however, is a bad comparison. The 360 didn't struggle in its early life to find games. But you haven't refuted my point, that pretty much everything coming to the PS4 is selling well and finding an audience.

Worse than mt.lady tier.

Souls games have pretty shallow combat so it's not hard to make a better system.

I played neither Onimusha nor Ninja Gaiden, to which this game is often likened, but it clearly communicates branching combos for every different stance of every different weapon to you.

Stats are a thing, increasing them nets you flat bonuses to values like Health, Stamina, Skill Slots and to some extent damage, almost every piece of equipment has stat requirements, and raising specific attributes gives you specific skill points - there are physical skills, Ninjutsu (throw Shuriken and stuff) and Magic (only buffs and debuffs).

Equipment is distributed in a way more akin to "classic" ARPGs like Diablo, especially regarding quantity.

I've uploaded a "full" playthrough of the demo, in case you're interested.

kek, get a load of this guy. "It's the fault of skinheads and neo nazis that there's a globe-spanning collective effort to shame, belittle, and demonize white people!" Please tell me you don't actually believe this.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

If you cant see something so obvious you probably shouldnt be on this board in the first place.
Game for what I hears was ok, maybe even better than DS3, but OP is obviously into to reel in console war replies

(checked)
Oh, believe me, I do

The things that sell well are dudebro games m8. That might be good for sony but that doesn't mean anything for us.

Oh god you dont even know how ID's work.

This is getting embarrassing man.

Personally I found it extremely boring. It tries too hard at being a better Dark Souls and I hate that loot system.

The combact is definitely better than DS but it lacks enemies variety and it gets boring real quick. Also I absolutely loath the setting.

I hope they fix some shit.

Are you alright user?
Did you hit your head?

post more frog girl. Did her spinoff ever take off? Is it going to be animated?

this has nothing to do with the PS4 audience, and everything to do with NISA being awful. Please provide a real example. Gravity Rush is a dude bro game according to you? Bloodborne and ratchet and clank as well? Are you like an SJW who conflates anime avatars on twitter with dudebros who like cod or something?

Oh shit nigger what are you doing.

I dont think so, would be great thought.

How embarassing

I assume this is PCNeverEver.
Since it's the only worthwhile game that the PS4 will ever have, is it worth buying a PS4 for this one single game?

Weebs are likely just people who wish they could explore space and make contact with aliens, because Japanese people are the closest things to ayys on this Earth.

Of course, you should always buy a console for one single game.
Especially when that console is going to be outdated by a product from the same company.

talking about video games isn't being defensive, my little shitposter

where do you think their games have sold the most?

They went full panic mode and declared going full mobile before the western version even came out.

It's like i said the PS4 lost the Japanese audience and they aren't gonna bank everything on a handful of weebs.

Sure laddeh, whatever you say

The Vita

no no, the west. Keep up now.

weird, JP only games that are on PS4+vita sell more on the PS4 in Japan. Your logic is very picky and inconsistent.

So is this game going to be a multi-platform title or what? If not, well, it's not enough to warrant the purchase of a god damned bloodbornebox.

Maybe in a few years when PS4 is on its deathbed and can be snagged for cheap.

PS4 is already on its death bed. The PS4.5 was announced recently.

You play as the OG weeb. William Adams.
Who I guess between opening trade factories to europe killed demons.

Yeah, but the 4.5 is essentially the same damn system with a bit more memory and a somewhat stronger processor, right? It's not an entirely new console, so when THAT iteration is on its deathbed, and I can get one for cheap, then I'll consider getting this and Bloodborne. Everything else is so much fodder, though.

living the dream really.

shit I quoted myself
was meant for

It's not as if Japanese games sell all that well on PC either. I was disappointed with Dragon's Dogma sales on Steam for instance.

why would you be disappointed? PC games almost always sell less than their console counterparts. No dev does a PC release and a console release expecting the PC to be any more than a tip jar.

inb4 piracy argument derail.

They sure dont
steamspy.com/app/294860

Enjoy your Iphone

IFI seems to be doing pretty great

not about piracy, its about the size of the audience.

yes, they usually sell poorly they put the developer out of business.
steamspy.com/search.php?s=umihara

I was hoping to get this kind of reply, but from a serious console drone who believes it. Thanks anyway, though, I appreciate the effort.

To be fair DD came out way too late and was on consoles everyone owned at least one of last gen.

Some Japanese games really do well on PC though, Valkyrie Chronicles was one (too little too late) Neptunia is another.

Either way PC releases are generally pretty easy to pull off so it's basically free money for devs.

If you're gonna keep saying that you're gonna need to start posting some sources. Like i know Fallout 4 and CoD and such sell better on consoles but what about actually good games.

the fallout are some of the biggest games for the PC audience. Why wouldn't they be indicative of the size of the audience if they sell more on consoles?

Good job guy

No problem
Just avoid being a corporate drone, lots of console fans do that for some reason.

A sizable audience doesnt mean squat when nobody plays your games.
Or did most AA devs and publishers die for no reason?

they're still around, just not in the west because the publish controlled market has decided to focusn almost entirely on major releases. You've already shown how ignorant you are over how game funding happens, yet in many of your previous posts you cite the vita. Who do you think is making those Vita games? AAA studios? No, it's small development teams with small budgets. A, and AA devs. You retard.

I'm the latter, I don't buy a console for GTA5 or whatever online shooter everyone is into now but more for the JPN games.

Thing is: all the JPRGs and stuff still come out for the PS3.

I actually think that William, the protag in the alpha and the promotional material, is one of many playable protagonists. I'm going by the alpha's map screen, which has William's portrait and name taking up the whole left side of the screen.

To me that's an indicator that you can choose from a range of characters, which itself indicates that there won't be a custom avatar in the game.

I might be completely off, but I don't think so.

Japan collectively told the PS4 to go fuck its self, leading to a very weird situation where Japanese games no longer really have a home console.

The PS3 is fine for now but really i just recommend getting a Vita. It's a top tier weeb machine.

does nioh, nier automata, persona 5, gravity rush 2 not exist to you? There's many JP PS4 games. What reality do you live in?

Well it was like that for years for the ps3 as well. i dont think i even considered one till valkyria chronicles came out.
Thats sonys issue, their competition is never nintendo or microsoft, its their own previous hardware. The ps2 was easier because it was a cheap dvd player but blu ray was adopted waaay slower and the ps2 was the best selling console of all time with a massive library and NO GAEMS was a very real thing. Why 'upgrade' to a miniscule library?

and now its the same but worse, if you have an early ps3 that is backwards compatible you have a playstation that plays 3 gens and 2 decades of vidya natively. Compared to the entire ps4 library thats no contest. Who would 'upgrade' there?

I mean i got my PS4 as a gift for looking after sick family members and while ive got a goot 20 games on it it still wouldnt have paid for one yet compared to my ps3.

especially since the ps3 has reached end of life cycle ps2 prices. i bought space marine for £2 the other game from GOYME, in a 3 for 2 sale.

Thats the audience they have to pull to the ps4, not nintendo or xbox users, and its harder than its ever been. Until the console gets more must own games its going to be chasing the ps3 for upscaled scraps for a while.

You just assumed I didnt know about the small circles of devs in Japan and moved the goalposts like the snobbish weeaboo you are.
Lots of AA devs died in the West and many suffered blows as they saw less revenue on the Western market, companies like Experince.
Potencial customers does not equal factual ones.

I never understood this. Playing Japanese games doesn't mean I want to be Japanese.

Where did this misconception come from?

I had some faint hope Capcom could be persuaded to make a sequel.

Instead they made an MMO.

Why the hell does every fucking thread about every fucking game that's not on PC immediately de-evolves into "HEY WHEN IS THIS ON PC" "HEY PC RELEASE PLS!?".

Jesus christ go suck on a big dick, PC faggots on 8ch Holla Forums are a million times more annoying than nintendrones on 4ch Holla Forums.
How do you even manage that?
Do you have any idea how obnoxious and retarded nintendrones are on halfchan?
To become even worse than them you really have to put consistent effort into it every day to be the worst community you can possibly be.

no one is moving the goalposts, my darling idiot. You said most AA devs and publishers died for no reason. No, they still exist. The ones in the west were forced to become AAA or disappear or downsize into other markets. Everything I'm stating is based off of observable aspects of the game industry.

the mmo predates the pc port. last I heard there was interest in doing a DD2, however.

Really cute that you think Nioh and Nier Automata will be PS4 only.
And most games you're talking about have a Vita version.

DD2 is already in production you uninformed simpletons.
God this place is fucking shit for gaming news, slowpoke dumbasses.

I remember the WHY threads of white girls saying "my parents told me im secretly japanese you guys!" from years ago like "magical pokky usagi".

I wonder if they are all obese 50s dress wearing problem hair cliches now?

god time flies.

Who the fuck cares about the vita?
Not even Sony pretty much.
Vita means death.

Didn't Dragon's Dogma do much better on PC than on console? I remember Capcom saying they were extremely pleased with DD's PC sales.

having a vita version doesn't magically undo the ps4 one, retard. You do have a lot of difficulties with this sort of stuff, don't you?

Nioh and Nier Automata are also sony funded games, good luck getting them on PC.

I don't really follow games that don't interest me. Dragons Dogma was terrible.

Hahaha, no.
Especially if you count sales of the original plus sales of the re-release.

Japan. Which is all that really matters for selling niche Japanese games.

consoles got about 2.5M sales on 360 and PS3 (more on PS3 iirc?) and PC didn't even get 300K.

Fair but those aren't out yet.

I think I'll do some webshop hunting for a cheap Vita like anons have suggested.

Liams trying to push it again.

the vita is a tremendous system, and you can no doubt get it for very cheap. The PS4 has many already released japanese developed games, I'm waiting on my copy of natsuiro highschool now, but the library is there.

frogposter is god tier

no one is dumb enough to own a ps4.
decent games don't come out often.
when a supposedly good game is released, we're going to be interested, even if it's not accessible to anyone with the capability to appreciate it.

tbh your opinion is pretty shit fam

You just ignored half the info I posted, and failes to realize why I mentioned AA companies, good job.
Keep that ad hominen coming thought.

80% of Japanese devs
Why would you want more cinematic Santa Monica/Naughty Dog trash?

No, but its less a reason for you to avoid getting such a mediocre platform

Just like KoFXIV, Helldivers, Shenmue, Kojimas next game, right?
Soon EDF 4.1 and most of Segas console library, giving you even less of a reason.

8th Gen was a mistake that was about to be DRM only if not for the backlash, you know this.

Persona 5 is coming to PS3 so…

I played it for several hours. I tried to get into it, I really did, but the controls are fucking awful. Absolutely terrible. There is a menu for changing controls but no other options exist yet.

The stamina management/combo system is neat, I'll give it that.

I know some people like to pick up tons of loot from enemies and get "special" colored name lpot drops that they sort through and constantly swap, but I don't. I really don't enjoy that shit.

The co-op play is extremely laggy right now so that's another thing they need to polish. Let's face it, not everyone can git gud. However, the limited number of the summoning item seems like maybe an interesting limitation for it.

3/10 I hope they polish the fuck out of it.

loot* drops

10/10 argument

I'd rather get the better version of it. I think we'd all rather play the best version possible.

you've said nothing of value in 17 posts, why would you start now?

>Watch my shark guardian spirit swim in circles to the relaxing music

Sheeeeit

shame it's dead for now. I'd really rather play it than dark souls 3 right now.

Disregarding my arguments?
Sounds a lot like a group of ideological fanatics that are pretty relevant right now.
And I could say the same about your 18 posts.

you could say the same, but you'd be wrong considering how consistently I've backed up my information. I think the only fanatic here is you, pcuck.

The game uses a modified version of Gamebryo and was originally in development solely for the PS3. The differences will only be aon framerate and 720p vs 1080p on the PS4. I don't think i'll miss that much, it's an RPG not a shooter after all where the framerate matters.

Your post reminded me that the frame rate was horrible even when set to "action mode".

Oh goody, now I have have all of the low res visuals of the previous generation AND a choppy slowdown despite trying to avoid just that.

No, you havent, you only said games PS4 has a bigger fanbase and Ive told you that that doesnt correlate with consistent sales, especially on niche games. Which is a fact.
Keep believing that guy

You mean turn based RPG right?
It actually matter if its a Real Time one

a smoother framerate is more visually appealing. I imagine the PS4 version would be receiving extra attention to detail considering the increasing relevance of the platform. Plus, it will be the better version of the game. If all you have to play it on is a PS3, that's fine, but I think you'd rather play it on the PS4 if you had the choice. I have the choice, I own the platform.

we are talking about persona 5.

action mode had its flaws, but the framerate was consistently higher than movie mode. I'd rather judge the results of the setting in the final game.

I never actually said that. I know you're retarded and have awful taste in manga, but please don't misquote me.

Im sorry for your loss

Yeah, but his post still reminded me to mention the frame rate of Nioh, since this is a Nioh thread afterall.

Well of course it is, i would have enjoyed MGSV a lot more on PS4 but alas this is all i have and i'm trying to justify it even though i'm wrong and you are right while saying that the PS4 version will have some little extra somethings while taking advantage of the vetter hardware.
There, hmph.

Wasn't too big of fan. It felt like a hodgepodge of ideas thrown into a single package without forming an identity of it's own. Combat felt it's best when it was one on one but the lock on when it came time to fight multiple enemies felt clunky. There was also the stupid Diablo style loot system, where your weapons and armor would break frequently. It felt more annoying than anything (same applies to Dark Souls, it only really makes sense in games where Weapons are a resource).

Please go away

Okay

do you have trouble reading? Are you ESL? It says it right there, PC games sell less because consoles have more players.

I'm happy with my investment so far. Bloodborne is great, The best version of Croixleur Sigma (one of those pesky A budget games you think no long exist), gravity rush remastered, nioh (which was a fantastic and surprisingly lengthy demo), and gravity rush 2 around the corner. It's been great. Plus, Yakuza Kiwami is coming out soon! It's going to be a great year. Oh, I almost forgot about the last guardian and nier automata. This is the year to own a PS4, the Wii U is dead in the water sadly, but at least the hack is out so I can make some money back on that once I back up my games. The Xbox One appears to be getting dropped worse than the Vita did, and the PC well…I don't care for RTS games and even the best titles, like bannerlord don't look like big improvements over the very flawed warband.

I think, if you actually like video games, you're going to want a PS4 this year.

I told you before a bigger audience doesnt mean squaddily squad when most of it only buys mainstream games
You should peobably check my posts again
Sounds to me like you have no taste, how can you talk about my manga taste with such poor palate?
I think you mean a PS4.5 right?

dragon's dogma isn't mainstream
your selective logic is a little sad

You dont say?
I wonder where Trails in the Sky, Terraria and Half Life 2 sold more copies.

Whoops, I meant sold less

if you can't see the flaws in your logic in this post, you really don't have anything to contribute

Tell me where are the flaws in my argument or get out

That literally has happened only once. The Vita versions of PS4+Vita or PS4+PS3+Vita multiplats almost always outsell the PS4 versions of titles by a significant margin.

This game takes some of the UI elements, level progression, and general level design and applies it to something like Ninja Gaiden crossed with Onimusha

Why does it work so well Holla Forums? Once you get shit down it just became so much fun to play.

MUH FUCKING DIIIIIIICK

I was really on the fence about this game the first few times I started playing it, but once I figured out how to properly play, it's sooooo fucking good. They seriously shouldn't be marketing this as some kind of 'Dark Souls-ish" game, because if you go in with the mentality that this is just a clone, the game will destroy you. Once I figured out that this was its own game with its own mechanics, that's when I fell in love.

It was never a Souls clone, its just marketed as one to attract a wider audience.
The grimdark atmosohere does help you to make that mistake.

Just barely made the demo completion before they shut it down. The withdrawals are real, wishing I had time to play that second mission but at least I got the reward DLC.

What is a good replacement? DaS3 is a steaming pile of shit. Blood Borne any good?

This sums up most peoples experience pretty much. You suck fucking dick for the first hour or 2 but by the time you reach the next shrine you got a good grasp of how to play the game while at the same time getting decent armor and weapons.

I also think the demo is a lot easier than what the final game will be. Weapons and armor drop like crazy. Almost every enemy can be fought 1-on-1 save for a few encounters with 2+. After finding a couple of the elixir drop rate kodamas you rarely run out of them.

Hell, just for shits and giggles I went and fought every single enemy and revenant I could find on the 2nd mission. Ended up with like 3 elixirs remaining after completely clearing the area, and some pretty good gear to boot. I really wish they had included PvP.

if you don't like dark souls 3 you can be 75% sure you won't like bloodborne

I really fear they will dump it down. Many worthless scum are complaining about the difficulty and the durability. They want to use only one weapon and ignore the huge number of drops.

Does this game remote play well? I really need to buy one of those grips that adds L2 and R2 and shit.

I wouldn't say east Azn cultures are inferior to western ones, just more "autistic" or maybe introverted. Maybe that's the reason for weebs: introverts are drawn to an introverted civilizations.

You know, I have a feeling you didn't really play or instantly assumed it was trying to be Dark Souls. And Geralt of Asia is actually based on a real dude by the name of William Adams, who became one of the first samurai around the end of the Sengoku period.

Nevermind that Akira Kurosawa's son was originally helping to work on this with Team Ninja as sort of a successor to his series.
Team Ninja has also been responsible for games that are actually more challenging than the shit that is Dark Souls. Anyway if you found it clunky or difficult, just remember it takes a lot longer to learn the mechanics.
But it actually has some neat ideas like being able to do an attack that damages an enemy a lot when their stamina is drained. Unlike Dark Souls where enemies can simply spam you without getting tired whatsoever. I'm hyped.
I also like that I can cut the limbs and heads off enemies when I kill them.

Bloodborne is pretty good, a lot of ideas are inspired by it in DS3 but atleast shit works in it.
Also, Bloodborne doesn't seem to butcher it's own lore and gives a satisfying enough ending.

This thing is getting shilled so fucking hard lately. It's not that there's anything wrong with discussing the game itself but it's so obvious. Every single thread starts with the same shit: Praise the game/shit on dark souls.
It's surreal.

I'm more baffled by the fact this thread has an honest-to-god avatarfag and no one has called him out on it.

that frog girl murika comic any good?

son of a bitch.
i had it since it was released but i couldn't play it due to my shitty internet.
fucking hell, if only i'd known that it would end.

Only dumb faggot here is you.

Only poorfags or plebbiest of plebs limit themselves to a single platform.

Which one are you

Which really isn't bad considering that they threw almost no marketing and the fact that the game was already dated.

So is there any chance of this game coming to pc or should I stop caring now?

Why are you begging? Whats the point of being PC only if all you're going to do is beg for games from other platforms instead of playing games on your platform

Expand your tastes in genres or look harder.

You're trying way too hard.

Trying too hard at what?

Also I wouldn't actually pin my hopes on a PC release. Last Team Ninja release on PC was Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

You sony-whipped fags sure love this buzzword.

What was the reason for this??

Mobile.

And perhaps the economy and an aging population.

I just wish the online co-op part of the demo wasn't such total ass. Otherwise I enjoyed it a lot and do rather miss it.
It's a shame that it won't be available for PC though, since not many people have a Bloodborne machine.

Didn't the PS4 sell 40 million consoles?

careful, you arent signal boosting the right narrative :^)

Meh' it's for the most part inoffensive shounenshit, the first and the most recent arc are pretty good though.

Considering they changed from "console exclusive" to "ps4 only" I wouldnt get my hopes up

Liam pls.

Why would you play either?

Monotonous (le hurr press dodge button when enemy attacks, attack him twice, repeat), shit framerate, boring in general, glitches.

The video game community is absolutely disgusting today.

ironic or not, go home.

I'm thoroughly upset with what I've seen of Nioh.

Enemies constantly placed in groups.
Fast combat system suited for 1on1 despite constantly getting ganked. Yet even without that most the enemies seem to have bloated as shit HP that makes them seem boring so even 1on1 encounters look stupidly tedious and dull. (Demo may be scaled up however.)
A stamina regain technique that doesn't even seem to matter at all.
Super mode that is somewhat underwhelming and really seems out of place.
Super underwhelming and uninspired Stance System that also looks completely useless 90% of the time.
This is just from watching footage to be fair, but it REALLY does seem like playing the game will be like playing the worst parts of Dark Souls 2.

Game will also probably lack:
Character Creation
Vastly differing styles of play through leveling.
Weapon variety due to the Nip Nong setting.
Any interesting narrative.
(Not concrete, but it doesn't seem to be something the game would include)

So far, Nioh doesnt look that great beyond its setting and the potential it held. Sadly, it gets moved to the same list as almost all of the other PS4 exclusives.
The watch on YouTube in down time list.

Only Ace Combat 7 and Nier 2 seem they will escape this list alongside Bloodborne.

yeah, they're not really doing it right then.
You're watching something that's someone either playing poorly or missing mechanics.
Most enemies/bosses should be able to be killed fairly quickly if you're playing well.
Seriously the stance/stamina system can lead to crazy combos if it's done right.

Only real problem I have is the random loot. Not that it really matters.

There's some variation in playstyle just based on what skills you get. You can focus on certain weapons and only use those.
But yeah no ranged options as magic is pure buffing and ninjutsu seemed pretty mediocre when I was dicking around

I enjoyed ninjutsu but it's not very effective, besides for tricking enemies or stunning them briefly. Didn't enjoy magic, much prefer just using my guardian spirit to buff my weapon in emergencies. I didn't mind random loot and the user complaining about the combat, hasn't seen someone taking four guys at once.

You can do it, and no most enemies don't have bloated as shit HP if you're not very underlevelled. This is an RPG where levelling actually affects how good you are going to be.

I both enjoyed the game and felt thoroughly let down by it. I liked the combat a lot more than previous ones, because I enjoy the faster paced combat of bloodborne, but other than that and the "oh shit" moment of realization the first time I made it to the final boss, it fell flat. The game was extremely linear, and kind of short, compared to previous ones.
I've kind of grown used to letdowns in recent years though, so I'm not too pissed about it.

You are totally wrong on your first points and I'm willing to bet whoever you were watching had no idea what they were doing.

The stances all have different uses as do weapons and they all vary with weapon type. With a spear you can easily sweep groups, if you don't happen to have a spear or are unsure if you'll be able to, checking enemies for helmets and sniping heads with a bow is completely viable to even the odds. Damage, when in the correct stance for the enemy is perfect. You won't be rolling through things, but heavy enemies also won't take an hour if you equip your stances correctly through the skill system.

Stamina regain is also a massive thing, if you run out of stamina you are literally stuck there idle and vulnerable. No healing items, no dodging, no slowly slogging out of the way out of breath, nothing. You are almost certainly fucked and if you want to maximize your damage you're going to be blowing all your stamina and then refreshing so that doesn't happen. Likewise enemies have stamina bars, and if you're using the right stance you can drain that bar which opens them up to viscerals.

Its absolutely nothing like DaS2.

These I can see though, not that I really mind. Heavily Japanese games tend to have really shit narrative with little flavor sprinkled in through shit like spirit voices after looting a corpse. Likewise the characters are almost always bland, William is absolutely no exception right down to his name. The gameplay is good though so I don't give a fuck, I can see why someone might though.

If they bring back a demo when preorders go up, I'd really recommend trying it.

what

This does not ring a bell

nips don't have space for big clunky consoles in their one room apartments and they spend no time at home anyways. It's all about that handheld market there whether it be a 3DS or iphone.

As for the non-nips in the west or China, the vast majority are on PC

Nioh on PC would make my penis the thickest of rocks.
Fuck that, I want to have my cake and I'm going to fucking eat the whole thing as well.

remember the dudes around consumed oceiros' garden or the thing that possessed Iudex Gundyr or some random hollows on the high wall? They never really went more into what they were. I assumed that the whole story would revolve around them but it was not so.

Those are just dudes possessed by the darkness.
Mentions it in the cleric's robe backstory.
It's why all the pilgrims have giant rocks on their back, it prevents the darkness from taking root or some nonsense

nah

This aspect should create the least amount of concern. There's plenty of interesting weapons the full game could have.